PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad: Week 10

BroncoWave
11-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Well this was by far the worst game of the season, but definitely some signs of hope there at the end.

Good:

Osweiler. Yes, I'm putting him here. He was a bit shaky on some plays, but that's to be expected with his limited experience. He was also throwing some lasers in there and turned a good 2-3 would-be sacks into positive plays, including the TD pass. I'm sure we will start Peyton next week, but I think it's a massive mistake.

DT. Didn't have many chances today, but made some nice plays when he did.

Latimer/Caldwell. You could tell these guys had chemistry with Oz. Best either of them have looked all season.

Von. Was getting great pressure all day and was finally rewarded with the sack.

Bad.

Manning. Not going to pile on any more from what has already been said today, but it's just so painfully obvious that he is done.

O-line. Quite possibly their worst performance of the season. They do not deserve a paycheck today.

Ward. Guess the Talib suspension wasn't enough of a message to the defense to cut out the dirty crap. Really getting tired of seeing it week after week.

Running game. Not much they could do today, but definitely not their most impressive.

Pretty short list today, sure I'm forgetting a ton, but this is what I have off the top of my head.

tripp
11-15-2015, 08:14 PM
All things considered, the defense played decent today. You're setting up any defense to fail when you turn the ball over in your own territory.

Simple Jaded
11-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Weird how Latimer isn't the waste of space people think he is when his QB doesn't ignore him.

Caldwell can suck a fart, tho, he's a complete waste of time.

MasterShake
11-15-2015, 09:52 PM
I don't mind giving Manning another shot, but not next week. I was at the game today and you could tell he was playing hurt. That combined with his already uncomfortable demeanor anytime pressure is applied and lack of confidence running Kubiak's offense and it will be bad news. Chicago is a non-conference game and we still have a cushion in the AFC West. Give Manning some time to get his body and head right. Brock played admirably given the circumstances.

Yashahla17
11-15-2015, 10:19 PM
The good the defense not giving up sixty, brock looking pretty good under the circumstances. A cody latimer sighting! He even beat the corner badly on the int that happend right there.

The bad is manning and offense yet again. This offense is pathetic. It starts and ends with manning though.

''He's still a great quarterback - just not what he used to be,'' Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson said.... Johnson being PC and saying manning is pretty much done at themsame time.

MOtorboat
11-16-2015, 12:37 AM
Bad:

Pretty much everything.

BroncoWave
11-16-2015, 06:53 AM
Bad:

Pretty much everything.

It's weird, because I would have thought that given the score most of the day, and the defense did struggle early, but I thought for the most part they played pretty well given the horrible situations the offense kept putting them in. I mean, KC's average starting field position was freaking midfield and we were pretty much holding them to field goals all day. Can't ask for a whole lot more than that.

BroncoWave
11-16-2015, 07:13 AM
Here is a tweet from Andrew Mason showing just how well the defense really played:

"The Broncos came into Sunday allowing 27.5 net yards/possession. They gave up 19.9 vs. KC. You're supposed to win when you do that."

And that's counting that fluke 80 yard TD. Our defense dominated the vast majority of this game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Here is a tweet from Andrew Mason showing just how well the defense really played:

"The Broncos came into Sunday allowing 27.5 net yards/possession. They gave up 19.9 vs. KC. You're supposed to win when you do that."

And that's counting that fluke 80 yard TD. Our defense dominated the vast majority of this game.

The Chiefs average starting field position in the first half was the 49 yard line. It wasn't just the picks killing us. The 3 and outs did a fair amount of damage as well.

NightTrainLayne
11-16-2015, 10:17 AM
The Good: The Chiefs' defensive line.

Our defense. I felt sorry for those guys by halftime, but they were giving it their all.

Osweiler. . . If he gets the whole week to prepare etc., he might be effective.

The Bad: The Broncos offensive line. Pretty much everything to do with the offense.