PDA

View Full Version : Shaquil Barrett shapes up

VonDoom
11-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Interesting little article on Barrett and what his daily diet is like ... and I don't mean quarterbacks! Thanks, I'll be here all week:

Nobody had to tell Barrett why he wasn’t drafted a year ago; teams were scared off by his 24% body fat as a 6-1, 250-pound rush linebacker. The Broncos asked him to sign as a free agent and stashed him on the practice squad last season while he transformed his body. Eighteen months later Barrett is emerging as a playmaker on a defense full of them. He’s expected to get his second start this weekend against the Chiefs in place of the injured DeMarcus Ware.

Barrett says the physical transformation gave him a quicker burst and increased muscle mass, allowing him to concentrate on the finer points of pass rushing. He’s fourth on the team in sacks with 3.5, half a sack behind both Miller and Malik Jackson and three behind leader DeMarcus Ware. The Broncos rank No. 1 in yards and points allowed due in no small part to the depth provided by unheralded linemen Derek Wolfe and Vance Walker, defensive backs Bradley Roby and David Bruton, and Barrett, who spends a chunk of his time studying Miller and Ware on film and mimicking their trademarked moves.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/12/nfl-denver-broncos-shaquil-barrett-diet

BroncoJoe
11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Not only do we have (arguably) the best defense in the NFL, but we also have some of the best backups at every position as well.

:salute: to Elway for how he built this defense.

underrated29
11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
That was a good read. Who doesnt like these kinds of stories.

tomjonesrocks
11-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Pretty cool how Denver has gotten mileage out of these unheralded prospects. Barrett, Julius Thomas, Harris, Travathan, Malik Jackson...

NightTrainLayne
11-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Sugar on pasta?

I'm speechless.

WTF!?!?!?!??!?!?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Pretty cool how Denver has gotten mileage out of these unheralded prospects. Barrett, Julius Thomas, Harris, Travathan, Malik Jackson...

It's cool that not only are they solid contributors, but they're all borderline probowl players. Paradis might be someone else who ends up on that list.

tomjonesrocks
11-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Sugar on pasta? I'm speechless. WTF!?!?!?!??!?!?

That's so ******* disgusting.

A little sugar in pizza sauce maybe but a bunch packets in lasagna is insane.

Certainly get that being broke and quality food doesn't go together though.

NightTrainLayne
11-12-2015, 11:15 PM

I never thought of Lasagna as "too broke to buy good stuff" food either! :) Lasagna is probably my favorite meal. My wife makes an amazing lasagna.

7DnBrnc53
11-13-2015, 02:17 AM

Carb city. Not good for you. I hope that the Bronco kitchen feeds their players protein, and stays away from white breads and pastas.

SR
11-13-2015, 06:43 AM
I never thought of Lasagna as "too broke to buy good stuff" food either! :) Lasagna is probably my favorite meal. My wife makes an amazing lasagna.

Had some last night as a matter of fact.

SR
11-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Carb city. Not good for you. I hope that the Bronco kitchen feeds their players protein, and stays away from white breads and pastas.

Clearly nutrition education is not something in your repertoire.

Do me a favor, use the google machine and look up what eating simple carbs (like white bread or candy) after a workout is great for you.

There's nothing wrong with white bread and pasta. Just have to eat it at the right times in moderation. Unless you're a 330 pound DT, then it doesn't matter.

7DnBrnc53
11-14-2015, 02:49 AM
Clearly nutrition education is not something in your repertoire.

Do me a favor, use the google machine and look up what eating simple carbs (like white bread or candy) after a workout is great for you.

There's nothing wrong with white bread and pasta. Just have to eat it at the right times in moderation. Unless you're a 330 pound DT, then it doesn't matter.

Where did you get this info, the government? White bread and pasta ain't that good for you.

Valar Morghulis
11-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Where did you get this info, the government?.

Lol