PDA

View Full Version : Podcast: Champ Bailey reflects on 'questionable' SB 48 week

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Twelve-time Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey reflected on his time as a player and offered up some thoughts as we enter Week 10.

Bailey, who played with John Fox in Denver from 2011-14, had some thoughts regarding the Broncos' Super Bowl run two years ago. The night before Super Bowl 48 John Fox decided to move the team to a different hotel. Bailey said the decision was "questionable" and may have added to the distractions of that week.

"Throughout that week we had issues," Bailey said. "Little things here and there. You don't normally see that. I'm sure they had their own issues but they handled it better. And you could see from the first snap and the first snap, no confidence, no swagger and didn't have that look of a champion."

Click on the embedded player above to listen to the podcast.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-seattle-seahawks-champ-bailey-the-peter-schrager-podcast-111115

CrazyHorse
11-12-2015, 05:55 AM
I didn't help the team was missing 7-8 starters either. I hate when people say the Patriots beat the same team the Broncos lost to since that's hardly the case. The 2014 Seahawks didn't have the same defensive line depth, and most of their secondary was dealing with nagging injuries, not to mention Avril and Lane went out.

If they had the defense they do now 2 years ago I'm thoroughly convince you would have seen the first team to go 19-0.