PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas could play for his mom for the first time on Sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Katrina Smith never had the chance to watch her son play football from her cell in Florida federal prison.

That'll change on Sunday. After receiving her release from a Georgia halfway house on Tuesday, Smith will try to watch her son, Broncos Pro Bowl receiver Demaryius Thomas, play for the first time as a pro against the Kansas City Chiefs.

President Barack Obama commuted Smith, along with 45 others convicted on non-violent drug offenses, in July. It looks like Thomas is excited for the chance to have his special guest on hand:

rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/barack-obama-denver-broncos-kansas-city-cheifs-demaryius-thomas-mother-111015

tubby
11-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Hopefully this means max effort.

Thanks Obama.

Simple Jaded
11-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Great, how much is this costing me, Obama?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-11-2015, 12:34 AM
It actually saves us money. Hey man, even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

Yashahla17
11-11-2015, 03:57 AM

Do some real research.

SR
11-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Do some real research.

Humor much?

GEM
11-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Humor much?

What is this humor you speak of? :D

SR
11-11-2015, 10:28 AM
What is this humor you speak of? :D

Apparently it's lost on some

VonDoom
11-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Looks like his mom has restricted travel and can't be at the game this weekend:

The hope, Thomas had said earlier this season, was that she would be out in time to see him play against the Chiefs on Sunday. It would have been her first time seeing her son play football in person, and it was a moment both had been dreaming about for the better part of two decades.

But upon her release Monday night, Thomas learned Smith would not be allowed to travel for 60 days, per the conditions of her probation. Although Smith will not be in attendance for Sunday's game, Thomas holds out hope she will be allowed to watch from the stands of Sports Authority Field before the season ends.

In the meantime, she will be allowed to watch on television, seeing her son play in the comfort of her home with family by her side.

"To be able to be with family, with my sisters and nephew and nieces — it's amazing," he said. "I'll call her after the game; I don't have to wait for her to call me."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29104206/

If the 60 days doesn't get reduced, the earliest she could travel to Denver would be mid-January. Let's hope we're still playing meaningful (home) games at that point.

Simple Jaded
11-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Do some real research.

Suck a fart.

MOtorboat
11-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Looks like his mom has restricted travel and can't be at the game this weekend:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29104206/

If the 60 days doesn't get reduced, the earliest she could travel to Denver would be mid-January. Let's hope we're still playing meaningful (home) games at that point.

I don't think she's going to care what the game means when she gets to see it.

Yashahla17
11-12-2015, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=SR;2408419]Humor much?[/

Nah

Yashahla17
11-12-2015, 01:55 AM
Suck a fart.

How much is that costing you

SR
11-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Keep inching your way over to the edge of the cliff. I'll be there to put my boot in your back and get you over.

VonDoom
11-12-2015, 07:29 AM
I don't think she's going to care what the game means when she gets to see it.

I agree. I just meant if we flame out again, she won't get to see him play at all this year. Would be nice to be there, for numerous reasons.

EastCoastBronco
11-12-2015, 01:09 PM
It's great that his Mom is going to see him play in person but...
He needs to start playing consistent, tough, inspired ball because of the money Elway is depositing into his bank account every week.

weazel
11-16-2015, 12:21 PM
I blame DT's mom for the loss

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 12:22 PM
I blame DT's mom for the loss

Yep. Send her back to jail!

Thanks, Obama.

weazel
11-16-2015, 12:25 PM
very selfish

Denver Native (Carol)
11-16-2015, 02:21 PM
The bent soda cans were everywhere. That’s when I started to get a bad feeling. Every time I’d go outside to play in the yard, the cans were littered all over the grass. When I was really young, I used to think, “Why’s everybody drinking so much soda all the time?”

But where we lived, you grow up fast. It didn’t take long for me to put the pieces together. I noticed the chalky white powder, the little holes in the side of the cans. More than anything, I noticed the same familiar faces, and how their eyes looked.

They were using the cans to smoke crack.

There was a little trailer back behind where we lived where people would come and go. My mamma and grandma would go back there. They always told me to stay away from that trailer. I knew what was going on. I knew my grandma was running the operation. But I pretended that I didn’t. I just acted like nothing was happening.

rest - http://www.theplayerstribune.com/demaryius-thomas-mom-broncos/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-16-2015, 03:50 PM
rest - http://www.theplayerstribune.com/demaryius-thomas-mom-broncos/

Thanks for sharing Carol.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Thanks for sharing Carol.

Ditto - that was a terrific article.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 03:57 PM
I like thomas journey from crack to stardom. Just hope now that all that stuff is situated he can be a even greater beast.