PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Ware could miss up to a month with hurt back

Magnificent Seven
11-09-2015, 03:58 PM
The back injury that sidelined DeMarcus Ware on Sunday is expected to cost the Broncos' star outside linebacker more time.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Ware aggravated the back injury that caused him to miss a game earlier in the year and is expected to miss two to four weeks, according to a source informed of the situation.

Ware first hurt his back in Week 5 against the Raiders. He sat out the next week against the Browns, then got an additional period of recovery during the Broncos' bye week.

The 7-1 Broncos will play the Chiefs and Bears over the next two weeks before a huge Week 12 matchup against the Patriots.

Ware has played at an All-Pro level when his body has allowed it this season. The 11th-year veteran leads the Broncos with 6.5 sacks and pairs with Von Miller to form arguably football's best 1-2 pass-rushing duo.

Shaq Barrett is the likely candidate to step into Ware's role until the veteran can return. Barrett has been a difference-maker in limited action, collecting 3.5 sacks with three forced fumbles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000576451/article/demarcus-ware-could-miss-up-to-a-month-with-hurt-back

Magnificent Seven
11-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Damn! We need him for Sunday Night Football against New England.

Dapper Dan
11-09-2015, 04:02 PM
When does Shane Ray come back?

Northman
11-09-2015, 04:13 PM
I think Ware will be gone next year so i think that is who Barrett will replace.

Tebowtime2011
11-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Tough season for Ware. He's playing great but just can't stay on the damn field.

Magnificent Seven
11-09-2015, 04:42 PM
I think Ware will be gone next year so i think that is who Barrett will replace.

I think Broncos will extend Ware's contract after this season.

VonDoom
11-09-2015, 04:46 PM

I'm thinking he's gone next year too. I wouldn't have said that after the first couple of games, but these injuries appear to be age related. Hard to pay a guy $10 million if you know he's going to miss time.

VonDoom
11-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Damn! We need him for Sunday Night Football against New England.

Kubiak said he was "day to day". I think given the nature of the injury, it's hard to determine exactly how long he'll be out. Could be back for that game or not.

When does Shane Ray come back?

I think the initial diagnosis was 4-6 weeks, which would put him on schedule to return anywhere from the Bears game on 11/22 to the Chargers on 12/6. I don't remember hearing any further updates about how he's progressing.

silkamilkamonico
11-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Unless Ware is willing to sing a massive bargain discount, he gone. Next man up? Barrett please.....

DenBronx
11-09-2015, 05:15 PM
I love Ware but Barrett and Ray...

Were pretty stacked there and we still need to resign Von. Could be a business move and Barrett is playing lights out anyway.

We could see a Broncos team minus Manning and Ware next season.

Northman
11-09-2015, 05:17 PM
I think Broncos will extend Ware's contract after this season.

If they do they better consider time missed due injury. He isnt getting any younger and if he still wants to command high pay that might not go over well with Elway and company.

Northman
11-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Im ok with that at this point. We have a lot of young talent here.

JPPT1974
11-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Need to have the defense stand up to New England on the 29th this month. To not see Ware will be weird.

Magnificent Seven
11-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Go for 2-5 defense for Sunday Night Football? :D

Slick
11-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Ware's had a bad back for a while. It's too bad Ray went down because he helped limit Ware's snaps to a small extent. Keep him on a snap count whe he comes back so he can hopefully contribute in January.

DenBronx
11-09-2015, 08:29 PM

Im ok with that at this point. We have a lot of young talent here.

Same here. Time to turn the page and see what these young guys can do. After the season of course.

Yashahla17
11-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Totally missing shane ray, ware playing extended amounts of snaps is not his game anymore. Shane ray should be coming back soon and then ware soon after that. Id say bring ware in to spell ray untill the playoffs.

CrazyHorse
11-09-2015, 10:29 PM
I hope 3 weeks is enough time. We want him back for the Patriots. Need Shane Ray too.

silkamilkamonico
11-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Shaq Barrett > Shane Ray. Keep that dude on the field.

Magnificent Seven
11-10-2015, 01:02 AM
I hope 3 weeks is enough time. We want him back for the Patriots. Need Shane Ray too.

Indeed!

Yashahla17
11-10-2015, 02:16 AM

Regardless of who starts niether of them are going tombe effective for whole games at a time without one another. Even the super freak von needs a blow throughout the games. A fresh pass rusher is a force of a pass rusher when talented as our guys are. Ware is only breaking down once ray went down. Barret in a full time role game after game will be no different without a rest. Its a good thing ray is coming back soon and then ware a couple weeks after. Our defense has been on the field too long this season because of the offense. 13 ints by manning only made it worst. If this pathetic offense led by manning doesnt get there shit together were going to see more and more guys drop. Most injuries are going to happen when a guy is fatigue.

DenBronx
11-10-2015, 05:26 AM

How do you know that? Ray has done good too in limited time. Don't get me wrong, Shaq is a beast but Ray has also done very good. Hard to judge players when they haven't had the same amount of snaps.

Magnificent Seven
11-18-2015, 03:06 AM
What is the status on DeMarcus Ware for week 11?

Northman
11-18-2015, 07:36 AM
How do you know that? Ray has done good too in limited time. Don't get me wrong, Shaq is a beast but Ray has also done very good. Hard to judge players when they haven't had the same amount of snaps.

I think its a fair assessment as of right now. Ray will still have time to prove his worth but i dont think its even a question of who is more impactful right now when they are on the field. I think Ray will be good but it may take him a little longer to get there whereas Shaq has been playing much better with the snaps he is getting.

VonDoom
11-18-2015, 07:36 AM
What is the status on DeMarcus Ware for week 11?

I assume he won't be ready, but we'll find out more when they start practicing today.

Northman
11-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Regardless i think Ware will be gone after the season.