PDA

View Full Version : Talib suspended a week over eye poke

GEM
11-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Just heard on 104.3, confirmed that he is suspended a week. Ware out at least a week.

tomjonesrocks
11-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Deserved.

Northman
11-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Miller might get one too. That would be incredibly bad.

tomjonesrocks
11-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Talib's comments were atrocious also. "He acted like he got in an 18-car accident - that's the kind of guy he is" and denying he was trying to poke his eye and whatnot. Just idiocy.

Would have been less disgusted if he'd owned he lost his mind and that was the stupidest thing he's ever done.

Dapper Dan
11-09-2015, 03:45 PM
There's still an appeal.

Magnificent Seven
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Roby will take over his place for KC game. I like Roby.

tomjonesrocks
11-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Miller might get one too. That would be incredibly bad.

That was a weird looking incident. What is 84 doing holding Von's left leg?

I think Talib's thing was a total bitch move but I don't think Von was intentionally trying to do damage there. If he was he did a poor job of it.

Looked odd and awkward though. Saw some commentary from Colts fans certain Von wanted to get dirty there but I'm unconvinced.

VonDoom
11-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 4m4 minutes ago

Talib's appeal will be heard by either Derrick Brooks or James Thrash, two appeal officers paid jointly by league and NFLPA

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

There is precedent if Aqib Talib wins appeal. Most recently Ndamukong Suh stomping on Aaron Rodgers. His1-gamer reduced to fine. #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

What am I Aqib Talib's lawyer? Vince Wilfork had 1-game suspension for eye poke overturned in 2008, wound up with fine. #9news #9sports

Northman
11-09-2015, 04:12 PM
That was a weird looking incident. What is 84 doing holding Von's left leg?

I think Talib's thing was a total bitch move but I don't think Von was intentionally trying to do damage there. If he was he did a poor job of it.

Looked odd and awkward though. Saw some commentary from Colts fans certain Von wanted to get dirty there but I'm unconvinced.

I think the offensive guy grabbed his leg too but im worried with all the negative attention falling on Von about that play may draw the attention of the NFL to do something.

LawDog
11-09-2015, 04:17 PM
I think the offensive guy grabbed his leg too but im worried with all the negative attention falling on Von about that play may draw the attention of the NFL to do something.

And, without Talib going all Three Stooges on their TE, this thing with Von gets no traction whatsoever.

weazel
11-09-2015, 04:20 PM
hope he loses the appeal, bitch move

Valar Morghulis
11-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Roby will take over his place for KC game. I like Roby.

Me too. My next jersey well be a roby one. Love him.

I am disappointed he is appealing it, I wish he showed contrition and then accepted his punishment like a man

Northman
11-09-2015, 04:23 PM
And, without Talib going all Three Stooges on their TE, this thing with Von gets no traction whatsoever.

Maybe, the week is young.

Dapper Dan
11-09-2015, 04:32 PM
I wish players would tell the ref when they commit a penalty, even when it isn't called.

VonDoom
11-09-2015, 04:44 PM
MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 22m22 minutes ago

MileHighReport Retweeted Kami Carmann

Talib can't practice with team, pending appeal.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

Aqib Talib's base salary is 5.5 million so he will lose 1/17th for the suspension game check. $323,529.41, that's a pricey eye poke.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Talib suspended one game for eye gouging. He will appeal, and it's expected to be heard Tuesday

And yet ...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33m33 minutes ago

#Rams DB Lamarcus Joyner won’t be suspended for the blow to the head of #Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater, I’m told. Could be fined.

VonDoom
11-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Talib: "It was unintentional. But they have the right to discipline me."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Talib: "I should have never gone over there in the first place."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Talib: "I cost us an opportunity to go down and get those points. My emotions just got the best of me."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Talib said he apologized to the team.

Slick
11-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Unintentional?

Please.

EastCoastBronco
11-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Silly ******* deserves whatever he got.
He's a poster boy for why you shouldn't do blow on the sidelines...
Maybe this will wake them all up from the Kool-Aid drinking buzz they were riding.

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
hope he loses the appeal, bitch move

I hope so too. Especially since he is refusing to own up to it. How stupid does he think people are to say it was an accident? He fully deserves that suspension and I will actually be mad if they let him off the hook. Maybe this will send a message to our defense to stop all the dirty post-whistle shit.

Pudge
11-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Talib did something stupid and should be punished for it, but is no one going to mention the over dramatization from Dwayne Allen, looked like a God damn soccer player flopping and flailing

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 05:58 PM
I hope so too. Especially since he is refusing to own up to it. How stupid does he think people are to say it was an accident? He fully deserves that suspension and I will actually be mad if they let him off the hook. Maybe this will send a message to our defense to stop all the dirty post-whistle shit.

Yeah. We have a dirty defense.

Overreact much?

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Yeah. We have a dirty defense.

Overreact much?

LOL I didn't say we have a dirty defense. Try reading that again. Having said that, have we gone one game yet without a post-whistle personal foul? It's usually Malik but I guess Talib wanted in on the action. I think you are looking at this through the homer glasses. I'm not saying we have the dirtiest defense of all time, but we have a bad tendency to do stupid post-whistle shit. This was just the icing on the cake.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:01 PM

LOL I didn't say we have a dirty defense. Try reading that again. Having said that, have we gone one game yet without a post-whistle personal foul? It's usually Malik but I guess Talib wanted in on the action. I think you are looking at this through the homer glasses. I'm not saying we have the dirtiest defense of all time, but we have a bad tendency to do stupid post-whistle shit. This was just the icing on the cake.

You called them dirty.

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:04 PM
You called them dirty.

Yes, I said they do dirty post whistle shit. That's far from calling the whole unit dirty. I should have been more specific and said maybe it will stop guys like Malik and Von from doing dirty post whistle shit. They are the two biggest offenders.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Yes, I said they do dirty post whistle shit. That's far from calling the whole unit dirty. I should have been more specific and said maybe it will stop guys like Malik and Von from doing dirty post whistle shit. They are the two biggest offenders.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Slow+down+there+if+you+backpedal+any+harder+you+re +_a3d49722b2d620ca34705d628fa56dc5.jpg

;)

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM
LOL whatever makes you feel better about defending dirty play.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:20 PM
LOL whatever makes you feel better about defending dirty play.

Shit happens, dude. It's football, not the ballet. And I'm not defending his action, I am disputing your description of it.

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Shit happens, dude. It's football, not the ballet. And I'm not defending his action, I am disputing your description of it.

We obviously see things differently here.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
We obviously see things differently here.

Clearly.

You called it gouging, then went on to call our defense dirty, and I'm the one getting a lecture.

:tsk:

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Clearly.

You called it gouging, then went on to call our defense dirty, and I'm the one getting a lecture.

:tsk:

Did you know our defense leads the NFL in defensive personal foul penalties with 16? Next closest is Buffalo with 13.

The facts are what they are. Again, not saying the entire unit is dirty (don't blame me for backpedaling because you inferred what I was saying incorrectly), but we do have some guys who have a tendency to do some dirty post-whistle shit. But hey, if you want to ignore that, more power to you.

Krugan
11-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Its not good for our team to be down two starters, with wares injury on top of this.

but i have no issue with Talib parking his ass at home for a week for that bone head move.

Not only did it entirely kill our chance to ever attempt a last second shot for points, it made the team look dirty.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Did you know our defense leads the NFL in defensive personal foul penalties with 16? Next closest is Buffalo with 13.

The facts are what they are. Again, not saying the entire unit is dirty (don't blame me for backpedaling because you inferred what I was saying incorrectly), but we do have some guys who have a tendency to do some dirty post-whistle shit. But hey, if you want to ignore that, more power to you.

The ticky-tack penalties don't bother me. As posted in MANY threads, shit happens and they're catching the Broncos more often than their opponents. I haven't seen anything egregious.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Its not good for our team to be down two starters, with wares injury on top of this.

but i have no issue with Talib parking his ass at home for a week for that bone head move.

Not only did it entirely kill our chance to ever attempt a last second shot for points, it made the team look dirty.

Look at the bright side. It saved Manning from throwing another INT.

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
The ticky-tack penalties don't bother me. As posted in MANY threads, shit happens and they're catching the Broncos more often than their opponents. I haven't seen anything egregious.

Like I said, I think Malik is the main offender. We'd probably have half that many penalties if not for him. I just don't see how you can deny that our defense tends to carry on their aggressiveness post-whistle a bit more often than they should. Again, being aggressive is great, but they need to cut out the shit that leads to personal fouls. Some of the flags have been ticky-tack, but most certainly not all of them.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Like I said, I think Malik is the main offender. We'd probably have half that many penalties if not for him. I just don't see how you can deny that our defense tends to carry on their aggressiveness post-whistle a bit more often than they should. Again, being aggressive is great, but they need to cut out the shit that leads to personal fouls. Some of the flags have been ticky-tack, but most certainly not all of them.

I prefer a nasty defense that makes the opponent think about what might happen. Again, I haven't seen anything "dirty" from them.

I'll let you have the last word.

GO!

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 06:45 PM
So I just had some kick-ass jambalaya for dinner. Makes me miss New Orleans.

MNPatsFan
11-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Did you know our defense leads the NFL in defensive personal foul penalties with 16? Next closest is Buffalo with 13.Wait, the Broncos defense leads the NFL in defensive personal foul penalties, not the Raiders, Ravens, Lions or Bills?:shocked:

:lol:

MOtorboat
11-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Wait, the Broncos defense leads the NFL in defensive personal foul penalties, not the Raiders, Ravens, Lions or Bills?:shocked:

:lol:

Never fear. New England still leads the league in cheating scumbags.

aberdien
11-09-2015, 08:32 PM
This thread was made for WTE.

Yashahla17
11-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Talib should not be suspended. As far as riding the line between legal and dirty i love it. Im tired of having a soft punk ass defense that we've had for the last 15 years! Aslong as they can reel in malik jackson wild ass lol. He's probably the main offender of blatant dirty plays. Other than that i love it.

ShaneFalco
11-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33m33 minutes ago

#Rams DB Lamarcus Joyner won’t be suspended for the blow to the head of #Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater, I’m told. Could be fined.
why would he be? It was not dirty. Joyner was pulling up and hit with an elbow as bridgewater went down. Its easy to call it dirty when you see it in slow motion.

Joyner and Bridgewater are family friends, i dont see bad intent there

Cugel
11-10-2015, 06:14 AM

What he meant by "unintentional" is not actually unintentional. His defense is that he meant to poke the guy's helmet with his finger, and missed/slipped and hit his eye. That would still have been 15 yards, even if he had done exactly what he said he was trying to do - push the guy's helmet with his finger.

It's still an incredibly dumb play and completely unnecessary. It might still have warranted a game suspension anyway because it was so long after the play was over.

But the game was already lost at that point. Does anybody think that offense was going to march 80 yards down the field with less than 1 minute on the clock and no time outs and score a winning TD? I mean, it could theoretically have happened, but there have been thousands of games where the trailing team is in that situation with a minute to go and maybe 1% of them ever succeed?

The defense clearly lost the game. The Colts took over on offense with over 6 minutes to go in the game and 40 yards to drive - and they wound up never giving the ball back and running out the clock instead of kicking a FG. They actually took the 3 points off the board.

Cugel
11-10-2015, 06:24 AM
Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

It was TJ Ward who hit the player with his helmet was it not? Malik came storming through and hit the QB in the head in one of the previous games I think. I don't know why people keep saying that they don't want to "stop them being aggressive."

Aggressive isn't stupid. If the QB has gotten rid of the ball a split second before you get there, then move your head and pull up and don't hit him so hard and don't pile drive him into the ground. They are going to call that every single time - and it could be a suspension if the QB gets hurt.

The team is going to have to address the situation with taking incredibly stupid penalties. These 15 yards penalties for hitting the player after the whistle or when he's already down or hitting him in the head have got to stop now. The other team has scored about 35 points this season due to stupid penalties extending drives and turning a 25 yard pass play into a 40 yard play by adding a stupid 15 yard penalty on top of it.

Mike
11-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Don't think it warranted a suspension. People are overreacting drama queens. Fine the guy and move on. I am not condoning it or saying it wasn't dirty...but the outcry is a little overboard. I think the suspension had more to do with the outcry than the incident.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Don't think it warranted a suspension. People are overreacting drama queens. Fine the guy and move on. I am not condoning it or saying it wasn't dirty...but the outcry is a little overboard. I think the suspension had more to do with the outcry than the incident.

I agree with this. Aqib was the defensive player of the month in Sept. He is not someone who is labeled as a dirty player. I think he should have received a fine only.

SR
11-10-2015, 09:41 AM
I agree with this. Aqib was the defensive player of the month in Sept. He is not someone who is labeled as a dirty player. I think he should have received a fine only.

Not a dirty player by definition but he has had plenty of issues and I wasn't overly surprised to see him do something stupid like that. I agree that a fine should be sufficient especially since there was no reported injury to the other player.

GEM
11-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Not a dirty player by definition but he has had plenty of issues and I wasn't overly surprised to see him do something stupid like that. I agree that a fine should be sufficient especially since there was no reported injury to the other player.

Well, he may have thrown out his back. I mean that flop was of epic proportions. :D

SR
11-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Well, he may have thrown out his back. I mean that flop was of epic proportions. :D

Reminded me of when Peter Forsberg would get tapped by someone and go flying across the ice trying to draw a penalty.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2015, 11:02 AM

or as Aqib put it:

"From my angle, I see [Allen] head-butt Von [Miller] a little bit. I went over to poke his head, and I think my hand slipped and hit his face," Talib told reporters after the game. "He acted like he got in an 18-passenger car wreck.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14087264/aqib-talib-penalties-cost-denver-broncos-chance-force-over

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Talib wins appeal today. Suspension reduced to a heavy fine. He's going to get some help from NFLPA.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Talib deserved the suspension, as that was just a ridiculous type of foul. He should be heavily fined by the team, as well, since that basically put the nail in our coffin.

But the douche' in Miami (at the time was in Detroit), Suh, did the same thing and had his suspension reduced to a fine. So the NFL has set the precident for this kind of foul. But its pretty embarrassing, either way.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Talib deserved the suspension, as that was just a ridiculous type of foul. He should be heavily fined by the team, as well, since that basically put the nail in our coffin.

But the douche' in Miami (at the time was in Detroit), Suh, did the same thing and had his suspension reduced to a fine. So the NFL has set the precident for this kind of foul. But its pretty embarrassing, either way.

Coffin was nailed shut when Manning threw his 2nd interception.

Ravage!!!
11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Coffin was nailed shut when Manning threw his 2nd interception.

But we made the stop that actually kept us within scoring range..and Talib's penalty killed it completely. We would have had well over a minute for the offense. Talib put the nail in it even after the INT put us in the box.

SR
11-10-2015, 04:27 PM
But we made the stop that actually kept us within scoring range..and Talib's penalty killed it completely. We would have had well over a minute for the offense. Talib put the nail in it even after the INT put us in the box.

Let us not forget the idiotic defensive holding call on their final field goal attempt that really put the nail in the coffin.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM

I'm not deflecting the impact of the penalty, but what is it about our offense that makes you think we'd go down and score? I get having a chance, but the likelihood of it actually happening is pretty small. The offense had scored 17 points for the previous 58 minutes.

Dapper Dan
11-10-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm not deflecting the impact of the penalty, but what is it about our offense that makes you think we'd go down and score? I get having a chance, but the likelihood of it actually happening is pretty small. The offense had scored 17 points for the previous 58 minutes.

Because it had scored 17 points in the previous 28 minutes as well?

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Let us not forget the idiotic defensive holding call on their final field goal attempt that really put the nail in the coffin.

No - it was Manning's interception. We had like 6 minutes, and they turn the ball over on 1st down with descent field position.

Inexcusable.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Because it had scored 17 points in the previous 28 minutes as well?

We were definitely on a roll.

Until the interception.

VonDoom
11-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

#Broncos Tailb appealed suspension. Expectation now is that decision on his appeal will be rendered Wednesday morning. Will keep you posted

Timmy!
11-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Lol. Ya...I mean there was no other game this year, on the road, where we needed a 2minute drive and a touchdown at the end of the game. Completely impossible.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Lol. Ya...I mean there was no other game this year, on the road, where we needed a 2minute drive and a touchdown at the end of the game. Completely impossible.

Not with the way our defense was playing.

Which game did we score a TD in the final 2 minutes to win?

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:25 PM
No - it was Manning's interception. We had like 6 minutes, and they turn the ball over on 1st down with descent field position.

Inexcusable.

LOL you're being a bit ridiculous now Joe. Yes Manning's pick hurt, but for our supposedly "greatest of all time" defense to let them run all 6 minutes off the clock is what is really inexcusable. Especially given the boneheaded penalties that sealed it. A turnover with 6 minutes still to play should be nothing with our defense. They blew it. Manning blew it too, but that's how he's been playing all season, so we should come to expect it at this point. The defense was a huge letdown from how they had been playing.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Just announced on Twitter that Talib lost his appeal. I'm actually a bit surprised given how seemingly every suspension gets shortened or overturned these days. Glad it was upheld, though. I think he deserves to sit for a week.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 05:34 PM
LOL you're being a bit ridiculous now Joe. Yes Manning's pick hurt, but for our supposedly "greatest of all time" defense to let them run all 6 minutes off the clock is what is really inexcusable. Especially given the boneheaded penalties that sealed it. A turnover with 6 minutes still to play should be nothing with our defense. They blew it. Manning blew it too, but that's how he's been playing all season, so we should come to expect it at this point. The defense was a huge letdown from how they had been playing.

Wow.

BTW - had Manning not thrown that INT, the defense wouldn't have been in that position. I mean, it's not like they were on the field for 65%+ of the game and just might have been a bit tired.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Not with the way our defense was playing.

Which game did we score a TD in the final 2 minutes to win?

PS - this is a dumb statement, and I regret it. Sort of.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2015, 05:36 PM
The fan just reported that Aqib just lost his appeal

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Just announced on Twitter that Talib lost his appeal. I'm actually a bit surprised given how seemingly every suspension gets shortened or overturned these days. Glad it was upheld, though. I think he deserves to sit for a week.

For some reason, this post makes my blood boil.

If we ever meet, I'm going to poke you in the eye.

Timmy!
11-10-2015, 05:38 PM
PS - this is a dumb statement, and I regret it. Sort of.

Wasn't it technically a question?

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Wow.

BTW - had Manning not thrown that INT, the defense wouldn't have been in that position. I mean, it's not like they were on the field for 65%+ of the game and just might have been a bit tired.

Joe, you're starting to tread into Yash territory. You are acting like the loss was 100% Manning's fault.

BTW, maybe one big reason the defense was on the field so long is because they gave up a season high 12 3rd down conversions. They did a lot of that to themselves.

I'm not saying Manning is not a big part of the blame, but to just give the defense a pass and put it all on Manning is asinine.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:42 PM
For some reason, this post makes my blood boil.

If we ever meet, I'm going to poke you in the eye.

So it makes your blood boil that I have something negative to say about a guy in his second year here who has a history of being violent, but it's fine to go on an all-out smear campaign against a HOF QB who has been here for 4 years now.

You are acting very strangely as of late, Joe.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:43 PM
I have a feeling if someone had done to a Bronco what Talib did to that guy, you would all be screaming bloody murder for him to be suspended. God forbid if a Patriot did it. Ya'll would probably be calling for him to be banned from football.

tubby
11-10-2015, 05:51 PM
I think Joe has low T.

UnderArmour
11-10-2015, 05:53 PM
I have a feeling if someone had done to a Bronco what Talib did to that guy, you would all be screaming bloody murder for him to be suspended. God forbid if a Patriot did it. Ya'll would probably be calling for him to be banned from football.

I don't know any Broncos fan that is arguing with the suspension. Hell, even if Talib had gotten it lifted, I think the team should have benched him for Roby regardless. It was a stupid penalty that cost us the game, and it made the organization look foolish on national television.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Wasn't it technically a question?

Yes.

Joe, you're starting to tread into Yash territory. You are acting like the loss was 100% Manning's fault.

BTW, maybe one big reason the defense was on the field so long is because they gave up a season high 12 3rd down conversions. They did a lot of that to themselves.

I'm not saying Manning is not a big part of the blame, but to just give the defense a pass and put it all on Manning is asinine.

Agreed and I'm glad you at least acknowledged Mannings part of the problem/blame. I'm not putting it ALL on Manning, but that pick was the dagger.

So it makes your blood boil that I have something negative to say about a guy in his second year here who has a history of being violent, but it's fine to go on an all-out smear campaign against a HOF QB who has been here for 4 years now.

You are acting very strangely as of late, Joe.

History of being violent is a questionable statement at best. Especially for a defensive player.

I am not smearing our HOF QB (who by all intents and purposes is and always will be remembered as a Colt) that is playing like hot garbage this year. 8 TD's and 13 INT's after 8 games. He's not playing well, but as posted in other threads, we're spoiled.

I am acting strange. Far more negative than normal. I'll do a discount double check on that.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't know any Broncos fan that is arguing with the suspension. Hell, even if Talib had gotten it lifted, I think the team should have benched him for Roby regardless. It was a stupid penalty that cost us the game, and it made the organization look foolish on national television.

Um, read through this thread and the week 9 good/bad thread. Plenty have been arguing against the suspension.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
I think Joe has low T.

That's a possibility. I'll get it checked.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Yes.

Agreed and I'm glad you at least acknowledged Mannings part of the problem/blame. I'm not putting it ALL on Manning, but that pick was the dagger.

History of being violent is a questionable statement at best. Especially for a defensive player.

I am not smearing our HOF QB (who by all intents and purposes is and always will be remembered as a Colt) that is playing like hot garbage this year. 8 TD's and 13 INT's after 8 games. He's not playing well, but as posted in other threads, we're spoiled.

I am acting strange. Far more negative than normal. I'll do a discount double check on that.

I just have a hard time calling a play that happened with 6 minutes to go "the dagger". 6 minutes is an eternity. It's a downright embarrassment that the defense was not able to get the ball back.

And I totally agree with you on how bad Manning has been, no doubt about it, I just think the defense gets a larger share of the blame this week.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 06:04 PM
I just have a hard time calling a play that happened with 6 minutes to go "the dagger". 6 minutes is an eternity. It's a downright embarrassment that the defense was not able to get the ball back.

And I totally agree with you on how bad Manning has been, no doubt about it, I just think the defense gets a larger share of the blame this week.

Because the defense didn't win it for us like the previous 7 games? That kind of play can't normally be sustained for 16 weeks. They were due for a down game. I'm still waiting for the offense to win a game for us that wasn't set up by the defense.

Dapper Dan
11-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Andrew Luck won the game. Neither the defense nor Manning did what it took to win.

GEM
11-10-2015, 06:28 PM
The week suspension is warranted. Bone headed move that deserves the punishment.

The NFL does need to get it's shit together with doling out shit though. There should be a set standard with set punishments instead of this well that guy smoked some weed, 6 weeks. That guy beat the shit out of his girlfriend, 12 weeks. That guy punched his girlfriend and pulled her out of an elevator, 2 weeks. That guy poked another player in the eye, 1 week. Then when the arbitrator's get it, it's the same across the board for reduction or keeping the punishment all based on the rule break or crime committed. The consistency is absolute shit for a billions of dollars operation.

UnderArmour
11-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Um, read through this thread and the week 9 good/bad thread. Plenty have been arguing against the suspension.

I did, and I don't really see any substantial argument or anyone really passionately against the suspension. It's mostly, "Well, I don't think he should be suspended" or "There's too much outcry" or "it's not a big deal," and basically just left at that.

GEM
11-10-2015, 06:41 PM
And then add in the fact that a late hit knocked a qb out and that guy isn't suspended....come on, man! Consistency...especially when they NFL is trying to pull off this Safety is #1 rhetoric.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 54m

Again, #Broncos' Talib appeal denied. Will miss Chiefs game. Elway said in statement that he was "disappointed it wasn't reduced"

SR
11-10-2015, 07:43 PM
No - it was Manning's interception. We had like 6 minutes, and they turn the ball over on 1st down with descent field position. Inexcusable.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I'm also saying the defense didn't do the offense any favors. In a perfect world, Indy kicks the field goal and Denver gets the ball back with a minute left and no timeouts to lead s heroic drive down the field for the game winning score. In my mind anyway.

MOtorboat
11-11-2015, 01:11 AM
For ****'s sake Joeshala.

Bronco4ever
11-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Who does Kansas City have at WR other than Maclin? If Smith even looks at a WR in the redzone. I'd rather have Talib back, but there's worse games to miss.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2015, 09:56 AM
from article - this is the second penalty they threw at Talib

With 28 seconds remaining in the game on a 23-yard field goal attempt by Adam Vinatieri, Talib was flagged after the kick for unsportsmanlike conduct that referee Brad Allen called "berating an official" on the stadium public address system.

"I was just clapping my hands," Talib told reporters after the game. "Everybody in the stadium was clapping their hands. I was 10 yards away from the guy, clapping my hands. He didn't like it. He threw a flag.

"A hard clap. Like there's something in the rule book for too hard of a clap. A too-hard-of-a-clap flag? That's the one I got."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14087264/aqib-talib-penalties-cost-denver-broncos-chance-force-over

And, some information on Brad Allen head referee:

Allen is the first to go to the referee position in his first NFL season since Tommy Bell in 1962.

For 52 years, no referee had been hired as a head referee, until Allen was hired. Looks to me that he just might have an ego problem stating that Talib was berating an official.

BroncoWave
11-11-2015, 10:07 AM
from article - this is the second penalty they threw at Talib

And, some information on Brad Allen head referee:

For 52 years, no referee had been hired as a head referee, until Allen was hired. Looks to me that he just might have an ego problem stating that Talib was berating an official.

Or, ya know, maybe you have only heard Talib's side of the story and not the ref's?

Northman
11-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Meh, the defense became unhinged late in that game so the onus is on them to keep their composure regardless if a Ref has a stick up his ass. Talib is a great player for us but he blew it with his antics late in the game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Maybe we should nickname Talib pokemon.

Dapper Dan
11-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Or, ya know, maybe you have only heard Talib's side of the story and not the ref's?

Since when did you care about sides of the story? You dismiss most of what people say anyway. So why would it matter what they say about it?

BroncoWave
11-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Since when did you care about sides of the story? You dismiss most of what people say anyway. So why would it matter what they say about it?

I have a very, very hard time believing an NFL ref is going to throw a flag for "berating an official" for nothing more than a guy just clapping 10 feet away from him. If you want to believe that then more power to you, but I'm going to guess a little more was said/done than that.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2015, 10:45 AM

Or ya know, there was an article where Talib stated he tried to talk with Allen after the game and Allen would not talk with him in regards to the personal conduct penalty. So guess we will never know Allen's side of the story.

SR
11-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Or ya know, there was an article where Talib stated he tried to talk with Allen after the game and Allen would not talk with him in regards to the personal conduct penalty. So guess we will never know Allen's side of the story.

Doesn't really matter who's "side" is right. Talib should never have put himself in the position where an official could interpret what he was doing as berating. Talib was wrong regardless.

BroncoWave
11-11-2015, 10:52 AM
I don't really see what a ref would have to gain by explaining himself to a player after a game about a flag he threw. We also have no idea how Talib even approached him. All I am saying is that we have a bunch of Talib's side of the story right now and nothing else. Who knows, maybe he's telling the truth and this Allen guy was just out to get him or something. Something tells me, though, the truth probably falls somewhere in the middle of "Talib is totally innocent and the ref is out to get him" and "Talib is the worst person alive".

BroncoWave
11-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Doesn't really matter who's "side" is right. Talib should never have put himself in the position where an official could interpret what he was doing as berating. Talib was wrong regardless.

Exactly, if a ref throws a flag like that, Talib was probably doing SOMETHING he shouldn't have. And for all we know he had already been warned and something that would have been minor on it's own was enough to get the flag thrown.

Ravage!!!
11-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Yeah.. heard the same thing in a couple other games, as well. Seems Manning always puts the ball on the mark on those drives. Definitely had a very reasonable chance, HAD we gott the ball.

But...we didn't. For a couple reasons. :whoknows:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Elway Access: Talib's suspension disappointing

In his weekly interview, John Elway talks about the team's disappointment that Aqib Talib's suspension was upheld.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-Access-Talibs-suspension-disappointing/02a10181-88f9-463c-94ba-b375a14cae94

Cugel
11-11-2015, 03:09 PM

It's not just they ran 6 and 1/2 minutes off the clock and never gave Denver the ball back at all (that alone would be pretty unusual), but they only had 40 yards to go to begin with. This wasn't a 98 yard drive or something, so normally that drive should have lasted 2 or 3 minutes and give Peyton the ball back with 3 minutes left.

Considering how badly they played, it would literally have been better if they simply let the Colts score a TD quickly. At least then Peyton gets the ball back with a chance to mount the 2 minute offense and then, if they score, Denver could do an onside kick and if they recovered the ball have a chance to kick the tying FG (or go for the TD if they kicked the FG first). That's doable (although very unlikely) in 3-4 minutes.

In short, if they gave up a quick TD (within 2 minutes say) Denver could (theoretically) have won without their defense going back on the field.

Instead they give up their 6th straight 3rd down conversion? How is that loss not totally on the defense? They did the worst possible thing they could have done in that situation - they let the Colts offense just run the clock out without even kicking the FG when even giving up a TD would have been better in that situation!

Northman
11-11-2015, 04:00 PM
How is that loss not totally on the defense?

While the defense shares the brunt of the blame for me you cant turn it over and expect to win. So despite the defense shitting the bed our QB still had 2 turnovers that contributed to that loss. So while i dont agree with Joe that the game was over after the 2nd INT it did put the defense in a bad spot and continues to be a problem for Manning in terms of his turnovers this year. Unfortunately the defense couldnt bail him out this time.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2015, 04:08 PM
It's hard to place blame on a unit that just got off the field, then had to go right back out. I'm sure they were frustrated - they just held the Colts to a FG to go up by 3, and gave the offense over 6 minutes to mount a game winning drive or at minimum a FG to tie the game.

We get a good return from Bolden to the 33 and on 1st down, Manning throws a pick. Defense goes right back out.

I blame the defense for not stopping them, and for the penalties, but without that pick the defense isn't even on the damn field.

Timmy!
11-11-2015, 04:45 PM
The whole team played shitty except for the special teams (go figure). Couldn't run, drops, 2 turnovers, couldn't force any turnovers, dumbass penalties, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down to save our lives. It was a true team effort, and hopefully a nice wakeup call. I pity the chefs with what's about to be unleashed on them.

BroncoWave
11-11-2015, 06:11 PM
The whole team played shitty except for the special teams (go figure). Couldn't run, drops, 2 turnovers, couldn't force any turnovers, dumbass penalties, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down to save our lives. It was a true team effort, and hopefully a nice wakeup call. I pity the chefs with what's about to be unleashed on them.

I was with you until the part where you feel any pity for the Chiefs.

Cugel
11-11-2015, 07:26 PM
While the defense shares the brunt of the blame for me you cant turn it over and expect to win. So despite the defense shitting the bed our QB still had 2 turnovers that contributed to that loss. So while i dont agree with Joe that the game was over after the 2nd INT it did put the defense in a bad spot and continues to be a problem for Manning in terms of his turnovers this year. Unfortunately the defense couldnt bail him out this time.

That's just it. The defense didn't need to "bail him out". It would be nice if they stuffed the Colts, but really they just needed to get the offense the ball back. And there were 6 minutes in the game, not 2.

Even if they give up the FG in that situation (probable), GET OFF THE DAMN FIELD!

Just get off the field on 3rd down and that alone gives Manning another chance.

The INT hurt the team, but it wasn't a decisive blow at all with that much time left on the clock. No more so than if they punted the ball to the 20 and the returner had a big return of 40 yards to the Denver 40. Would people be saying "that punt return was a disaster"? No. It wasn't good, but not necessarily fatal. Same thing here.

Six and a half minutes is almost half a quarter. That's time for potentially 3 drives, so Denver should have gotten the ball back at least once and maybe twice. But he never touched it.

That is simply a total defensive failure. Manning didn't play particularly well in that game despite throwing for nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs, but the defense was flat bad for the first time since the playoff game last year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Yeah, giving up 847 3rd downs didn't help.

Cugel
11-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I blame the defense for not stopping them, and for the penalties, but without that pick the defense isn't even on the damn field.

How on earth do you figure that? If Manning doesn't throw the pick, then its just 2nd down at the Denver 35. If they score on that drive then the defense comes back on the field on the ensuing kickoff.

Cugel
11-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Here's a perfect example of exactly what I've been talking about all season: the putrid play of the OL, especially on the road.

Take a look at this replay - the Peyton Manning interception.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110809/2015/REG9/broncos@colts#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000 575829&tab=recap
In about 1/4 of a second, the Colts get the jump on the ball. They are instantly moving at the snap while Denver's OL is barely out of their stances.

The Colts rush just 4 linemen, but Colts DT David Parry comes straight up the A-gap between Evan Mathis and Matt Paradis in less than 1/2 second. He's basically unblocked. Mathis doesn't seem to get a hand on him. Paradis comes off his man to try and block him, but totally whiffs.

Manning executes a play-action fake which fools nobody on the Colts. Parry storms in on Manning who gets rid of the ball in a hurry to DT. But, DT is beaten to the ball by S Darius Butler who is watching Manning looking at Thomas the whole way. There isn't time for Manning to look the defender off his WR or for DT to fight through a screen and get to the ball.

There's your interception.

Parry BTW is a rookie 5th round draft pick who has 1 career sack. We're not exactly talking about JJ Watt here. It's not even Robert Mathis who admittedly does that sort of thing all the time.

Now that gentlemen is on the OL the whole way.

SR
11-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Cool.

Dapper Dan
11-12-2015, 01:17 AM
This defense is so dirty that TJ Ward was fined $5700 for not tucking his jersey. (According to Vic)

Dapper Dan
11-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Does anyone remember when Pacman Jones got on top of a Raider, ripped his helped off, and slammed his head into the helmet?

Northman
11-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Does anyone remember when Pacman Jones got on top of a Raider, ripped his helped off, and slammed his head into the helmet?

Yea, but that was the Raiders so nobody cares. lol

Northman
11-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Cool.

I never realized the Oline throws the football. That is entirely new to me.

SR
11-12-2015, 10:07 AM
I never realized the Oline throws the football. That is entirely new to me.

The game of football is an ever-evolving one.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2015, 10:15 AM

DIdn't that just happen this last weekend?

Ravage!!!
11-12-2015, 10:24 AM
This defense is so dirty that TJ Ward was fined $5700 for not tucking his jersey. (According to Vic)

I've actually been wondering about this. He's been "half shirting" his jersey like he's in college...rolling it up and baring his stomach. I was wondering how he was getting away with that. Looks like shit.

SR
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I've actually been wondering about this. He's been "half shirting" his jersey like he's in college...rolling it up and baring his stomach. I was wondering how he was getting away with that. Looks like shit.

I like it. He looks old school.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I like it. He looks old school.

He looks like NCAA. Old School, NFL, had baggier jersies and longer sleeves.

SR
11-12-2015, 12:46 PM
He looks like NCAA. Old School, NFL, had baggier jersies and longer sleeves.

He looks like a BAMF.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
He looks like a BAMF.

Funny you say that, because in movies where the guy goes to a bar called the "Blue Oyster" ....there is a lot of bared stomachs and half shirts.

SR
11-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Funny you say that, because in movies where the guy goes to a bar called the "Blue Oyster" ....there is a lot of bared stomachs and half shirts.

I don't get the reference.