PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning's last 16 full games.

BroncoWave
11-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Now that he has had pretty much a full season straight of mediocre play, I was curious to what his stats are over the last 16 games of action. This is including the playoff game. Here they are, presented without comment:

370/592, 4171 yards, 20 TD, 21 INT, 62.5%, 80 QB rating.

BroncoJoe
11-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Love him, but he's done. I really hope he retires after this year, regardless of how it ends.

Slick
11-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Now that he has had pretty much a full season straight of mediocre play, I was curious to what his stats are over the last 16 games of action. This is including the playoff game. Here they are, presented without comment:

There's really nothing much left to say. He'll get the team to the playoffs and we'll see what happens.

Yashahla17
11-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Yup below average player who struggles with ints due to not having his supreme accuracy anymore. He can make some throws just cant make them consistently anymore. It is what it is. The broncos will lose the next two games as well. I warned people that the tires would start falling off this thing because the defense isn't going to hold up to the level they been playing at. Were still going to be a great defense just not a shut down defense every week.

CrazyHorse
11-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Pretty bad. Last year was a quad injury and this year was a new offensive. For the most part he's good but has been making too many poor decisions. It finally caught up with us today.

BroncoWave
11-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Yup below average player who struggles with ints due to not having his supreme accuracy anymore. He can make some throws just cant make them consistently anymore. It is what it is. The broncos will lose the next two games as well. I warned people that the tires would start falling off this thing because the defense isn't going to hold up to the level they been playing at. Were still going to be a great defense just not a shut down defense every week.

I don't know that we will lose the next two, but I can't disagree with too much else here. It was probably a little unrealistic to expect the defense to keep up the breakneck play and bail us out with late turnovers week after week. If not for the punt return giving us a spark at the end of the half, I think we get completely blown out of this game. We're just not good enough to beat good teams if the defense isn't totally dominating.

Yashahla17
11-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Love him, but he's done. I really hope he retires after this year, regardless of how it ends.

If manning doesn't retire then i hope elway has the guts to say enough is enough. The wheels are about to fall off this season just watch.

CrazyHorse
11-08-2015, 08:03 PM

I don't think we lose to the Chiefs at home or the Bears. Anything's possible though. I think it's more attributed to making terrible decisions. Throwing the ball up and hoping a receiver catches it.

Yashahla17
11-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I don't know that we will lose the next two, but I can't disagree with too much else here. It was probably a little unrealistic to expect the defense to keep up the breakneck play and bail us out with late turnovers week after week. If not for the punt return giving us a spark at the end of the half, I think we get completely blown out of this game. We're just not good enough to beat good teams if the defense isn't totally dominating.

Just watch my friend. Were about to lose 3 in a row.

Bronco4ever
11-08-2015, 08:06 PM

Go ride your dirt bike.

Yashahla17
11-08-2015, 08:06 PM
I don't think we lose to the Chiefs at home or the Bears. Anything's possible though. I think it's more attributed to making terrible decisions. Throwing the ball up and hoping a receiver catches it.

Regardless of what the reason is its happening at an alarming rate with his turnovers. This is the type of play you put up with if the quarterback is a rookie first year starter. Ive had enough of accepting a 39 year old veteran making poor decisions.

aberdien
11-08-2015, 08:19 PM
We've only lost 1 game #enjoytheride

Yashahla17
11-08-2015, 08:23 PM
We've only lost 1 game #enjoytheride

Until next week

Joel
11-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Peyton Mannings line's been garbage his last 61 games, including when he looked awful in the SB and looked awful in the 2012 playoffs: All he did in between was HAVE THE BEST PASSING SEASON IN NFL HISTORY. There's a reason Schlereth, Sharpe and even our own coaches have been calling out our line since the middle of LAST season: The same reason Kubiak CUT 60% of it despite no alternative but rookie, PS and journeyman starters plus a former All Pro fresh off surgery and signed a week before Opening Day after NO offseason practice. Then one of our two remaining returning All Pros (and Mannings blindside protector) tears his ACL in camp, followed by the rookie replacement going to IR.

None of that, nor our endless rotation of RBs with consistently BELOW average "averages" should be news to anyone who's followed the team. I'm officially sick of debating it: Everyone's already made up their mind, simply cherry-picking whatever necessary to confirm preconceived bias; in ~50-60 plays/week, there's usually enough to satisfy every need. It is what it is, and we're not putting in Oz hoping he can fix our run surge and pass protection. So arguing about it is only a pointless repetitive exercise in frustration.

aberdien
11-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Until next week

Live in the present moment. You'll be happier.

Yashahla17
11-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Live in the present moment. You'll be happier.

Theres no future living in the moment. You have to project going forward.

SR
11-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Blue Bell ice cream!!!!!

Nomad
11-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Blue Bell ice cream!!!!!

Didn't Blue Bell have a Listeria recall? Be careful, SR :D

SR
11-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Didn't Blue Bell have a Listeria recall? Be careful, SR :D

It's back and listeria free.

Truth be told, I would take my chances anyway.

Slick
11-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Blue bell is really good. I would too.

Krugan
11-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Was on sale, 1.99 at safeway here in the dakotas, bought two half gallons.

Already had a milkshake and a big bowl with hot fudge, good stuff.

SR
11-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Was on sale, 1.99 at safeway here in the dakotas, bought two half gallons. Already had a milkshake and a big bowl with hot fudge, good stuff.

Since when is Blue Bell in the Dakotas? I think you're mixed up with Blue Bunny.

Simple Jaded
11-08-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm lactose intolerant, ice cream makes me fart, it's so awesome.

Nomad
11-08-2015, 10:03 PM

I grew up eating Blue Bell or Borden's ice cream.....both damn good.

Dapper Dan
11-08-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm lactose intolerant, ice cream makes me fart, it's so awesome.

It's not lactose. It's ice cream.

TimHippo
11-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Little Man ice cream is better.

SR
11-09-2015, 06:57 AM
Little Man ice cream is better. Nothing is better than Blue Bell except for pistachio gelato in Italy.

OrangeHoof
11-09-2015, 08:45 AM
There was a time when 3000 passing yards was greatness and 4000 meant cream of the crop. I realize today's game is different but, other than the TD/INT ratio, the numbers presented in the OP aren't bad. It seems like half the teams in the NFL right now suck at QB. You can probably count more teams than you have fingers.

I agree that Manning should retire at the end of the season, win or lose, but the pissing and moaning about his stats is just being spoiled. Only Patriot fans are more spoiled than Bronco fans about their QB play.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 09:03 AM
There was a time when 3000 passing yards was greatness and 4000 meant cream of the crop. I realize today's game is different but, other than the TD/INT ratio, the numbers presented in the OP aren't bad. It seems like half the teams in the NFL right now suck at QB. You can probably count more teams than you have fingers.

I agree that Manning should retire at the end of the season, win or lose, but the pissing and moaning about his stats is just being spoiled. Only Patriot fans are more spoiled than Bronco fans about their QB play.

Now that I've had time to cool off, I agree. We are spoiled. We're so used to Manning being nearly perfect, that now he isn't, the sky is falling. His #'s through eight games this year are obviously worse than the last 16 games, but again we're spoiled.

Krugan
11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Since when is Blue Bell in the Dakotas? I think you're mixed up with Blue Bunny.

Bleh, your right, one to many beers today.

Wow, that was gimpy!

CrazyHorse
11-09-2015, 10:02 AM
As far as we know, our current QB still gives us the best chance to win.

tomjonesrocks
11-09-2015, 10:25 AM
It must suck that Mannjng simply can't get any revenge vs Irsay. Has anyone ever paid less for letting a HOF player go? Irsay gets the last laugh year after ******* year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Manning is not done. Yes, the two picks were a big part of losing, but he's getting more comfortable in the offense, and will continue to do so. The line is also playing better.

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 11:19 AM

I'm not pissing and moaning about anything. Just thought it was interesting to see his stats over his last full season.

TimHippo
11-09-2015, 12:10 PM
He was 3 yards away from breaking the "record" and threw the interception. Maybe he just wanted to break the record at home.

Northman
11-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Manning just doesnt want to beat his former team. He has to many memories there.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I think we end up 11-5 or 12-4.

Kansas City - I think they pound them into the ground because they're upset over the Colts game.
Chicago makes me nervous because of the potential for bad weather.
Patriots look unbeatable, as usual. At least we're playing them in Denver.
@ Chargers - Rivers is playing lights out this year - toss up but I think we lose one to them.
Raiders are a MUCH better team - thankfully we play them in Denver.
Steelers also make me nervous, but the injury to Big Ben makes me feel more comfortable.
Bengals have moxy. They don't want to lose.

We actually could end up 10-6 as well. Good news is that'll be good enough to win the division, but get eliminated in the first playoff game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Don't be a Sally, Joe. We go 14-2 and win the SB.

BroncoJoe
11-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Don't be a Sally, Joe. We go 14-2 and win the SB.

I certainly hope so, and that's what my heart tells me!

Unfortunately, my brain controls everything.

tomjonesrocks
11-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Patriots look unbeatable, as usual.

How a SB team gets that schedule I have no idea.

Denver is the only team standing in the way of 16-0.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-09-2015, 12:57 PM

My hope is they falter. It's highly unusual for a team to both finish strong and start strong. I'm hoping the holes in their secondary and offensive line get exposed as the season wears on.

BroncoWave
11-09-2015, 01:10 PM

Only two games on your schedule are based on your prior year standing. The other 14 are predetermined years in advance based on Divisional rotations.

Nomad
11-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Manning just doesnt want to beat his former team. He has to many memories there.

Colts are just one of those teams the BRONCOS have difficulty with. Since 2005, BRONCOS are 2-10 vs the Colts with one of the wins last year.

Timmy!
11-09-2015, 02:22 PM

Dion Lewis out for the year. That hurts them.

DenBronx
11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
I believe he is done. I love Peyton but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore. When the wheels fall off boy do they fall off fast.

Only reason he will get benched will be due to injury.

Nomad
11-09-2015, 03:08 PM
I believe he is done. I love Peyton but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore. When the wheels fall off boy do they fall off fast.

Give us a breakdown of what he did yesterday to indicate he's done. I'm not the biggest Manning fan, but he played a pretty good game.

Dapper Dan
11-09-2015, 03:37 PM
I'd say half of the NFL wishes their QBs were done too.

CrazyHorse
11-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Give us a breakdown of what he did yesterday to indicate he's done. I'm not the biggest Manning fan, but he played a pretty good game.

I'm thoroughly convinced he's making bad throws based on not knowing his physical limitations anymore.

Yashahla17
11-09-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm thoroughly convinced he's making bad throws based on not knowing his physical limitations anymore.

This is true, after the game is over he always says I shouldn't have thrown that or what not bjt during the games he throws the shit everytime. Its like once hes on the field he loses his mind and just throws the mfer.

Simple Jaded
11-09-2015, 11:27 PM
I thought Manning looked damn good when he wasn't screwing the pooch.

DenBronx
11-10-2015, 05:32 AM

Again, I'm not knocking or bashing Manning but he's making really bad decisions. Decisions a franchise QB should NOT be making. 8 TDs halfway through the year with the offense doesn't cut it, even if the offense has changed. If Jake Freaking Plummer and Cutler can excell in this offense then a future HOF should be able to as well. Except we all can see Manning has declined. I love the guy...want to see him go out on top like Elway but I just don't think it will happen.

We are lucky to have this defense right now.

Cugel
11-10-2015, 06:37 AM

I knew that it was inevitable that a bunch of fans were going to spout this idiocy the minute the team lost.

The statistics are meaningless. Peyton is not "done." He was hurt part of last year and this year his offensive line has been mostly terrible, they changed the offensive scheme completely from what he was used to in the past and the team lost a bunch of playmakers on offense, such as Julius Thomas and Wes Welker who where huge weapons in the red zone. And nobody on the current team has replaced their production. That and the offensive scheme is designed around running the ball, but because of horrible OL run blocking they haven't been able to run it effectively in 7 out of 8 games this season.

In fact the only game where the offense worked as it is designed to was the Green Bay game.

No less an expert than Bill Polian, the former Colts GM went on 104.3 the Fan recently and said he reviewed all the game film of Peyton this season and couldn't see anything physically wrong with him or his arm. He said Peyton could play another season if he wanted to - and depending on how the season ends he might very well want to.

Polian said "is he the same player he was at 27? No. But I see nothing wrong with him physically. He could play another season."

Even in this game the offense has done better than they did in earlier games this season. For the first time this season, Peyton threw effectively to the TEs. The biggest problem was not Peyton but being unable to run the ball and the fact that receivers like Emanuel Sanders just dropped the ball after it hit him square in the hands on a key 3rd down. That meant the team fell behind by 17 points and had to abandon the run game completely. They rushed 14 times for less than 50 yards.

Even Peyton's pick late in the game shouldn't have ended the game since they the Colts got the ball back with over 6 minutes left in the game.

I don't know where this endless whining about Manning is coming from. It's nonsense. He's playing pretty well right now. His arm is clearly not "a noodle" and other nonsense is just wrong. He was injured at the end of last season, so you can't count that either. There are endless statistics and many of them are meaning less or misleading or taken completely out of context - like these.

SR
11-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Cool story.

Some people have been talking about how they hope Manning retires at the end of the season long before the first loss.

Cugel
11-10-2015, 06:54 AM
Again, I'm not knocking or bashing Manning but he's making really bad decisions. Decisions a franchise QB should NOT be making. 8 TDs halfway through the year with the offense doesn't cut it, even if the offense has changed. If Jake Freaking Plummer and Cutler can excell in this offense then a future HOF should be able to as well. Except we all can see Manning has declined. I love the guy...want to see him go out on top like Elway but I just don't think it will happen.

Bad decisions like in the Super Bowl where he threw a couple of picks including a pick six, and a play where he just threw an incomprehensible throw right straight to Kam Chancellor that lead to a Seattle TD? There was no Broncos player anywhere near on that play. Sound familiar?

That's how Peyton plays when he's under relentless pressure, defenders are right in his face and he doesn't have time to throw or a clean pocket to step up into.

This is not something new this season. Was he "washed up" in 2013 when he set the all-time NFL scoring record? No. Did he play like he was "washed up" in the SB? Yes.

Don't give me "that was just one game" crap either. It was a game precisely like the worst games Manning has played the last two seasons. It featured everything that makes all the Manning critics, haters and closet Tebowites criticize him now and say "he's washed up." It just came at the end of the greatest offensive season in NFL history so idiot fans can't say "he was washed up" then.

So you all ignore it and act like it didn't happen or wasn't important. And there's a very simple reason why he's making some bad decisions. He's been hurrying his throws because the OL isn't blocking and giving him enough time and room to throw.

This OL has been getting WORSE, not better since 2013. They are now down to their 3rd string LT and they can't pass block very well on the road. And Manning is the slowest QB in football. He can't evade the rush like Russell Wilson or Aaron Rogers and buy extra time with his feet. So, he's hurrying up his decision making - and that leads to more mistakes.

And no fan has yet explained how his making bad decisions and throwing the ball right to a defender - which is clearly a mental error due to trying to get rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds, is somehow a PHYSICAL problem. Do you think he suddenly went senile?

Cugel
11-10-2015, 07:11 AM
One of the Colts defenders, Darius Butler just did an interview on 104.3 the Fan and talked about how their game plan this week was to stop the Denver running game (http://www.1043thefan.com/fanpodcast/). They knew the Broncos were going to come out and try and establish the run early in the game and their plan was to stuff the run early and make the Broncos one-dimensional, then blitz and get constant pressure on Manning right up the middle.

That's exactly what they did in the game. The Broncos tried to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down in the 1st half and were completely stuffed, with defenders meeting the ball carrier in the backfield.

They were able to get consistent pressure right in Peyton's face and deny him time to throw and room to step up in the pocket. Result? 2 INTs including the incomprehensible throw that was picked off by S Mike Adams with no Broncos receiver anywhere near.

Except it's really not incomprehensible. Here's the video replay. G Louis Vasquez totally whiffs on his defender, allowing his man to get right in on Peyton as he tries to throw and forcing the pass in 2 seconds.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110809/2015/REG9/broncos@colts#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000 575462&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore.

That could serve as a summary of the entire Broncos season. The OL has been basically terrible the entire season with the exception of the Packers game.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 07:50 AM
One of the Colts defenders, Darius Butler just did an interview on 104.3 the Fan and talked about how their game plan this week was to stop the Denver running game (http://www.1043thefan.com/fanpodcast/). They knew the Broncos were going to come out and try and establish the run early in the game and their plan was to stuff the run early and make the Broncos one-dimensional, then blitz and get constant pressure on Manning right up the middle.

That's exactly what they did in the game. The Broncos tried to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down in the 1st half and were completely stuffed, with defenders meeting the ball carrier in the backfield.

They were able to get consistent pressure right in Peyton's face and deny him time to throw and room to step up in the pocket. Result? 2 INTs including the incomprehensible throw that was picked off by S Mike Adams with no Broncos receiver anywhere near.

Except it's really not incomprehensible. Here's the video replay. G Louis Vasquez totally whiffs on his defender, allowing his man to get right in on Peyton as he tries to throw and forcing the pass in 2 seconds.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015110809/2015/REG9/broncos@colts#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000 575462&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore.

That could serve as a summary of the entire Broncos season. The OL has been basically terrible the entire season with the exception of the Packers game.

Did you even watch the game? That's not what happened at all.

Nomad
11-10-2015, 08:56 AM

I guess I was talking specifics in the Colts game. Other than the Adam's pick, I believe Manning played a good game. BTW.....Andrew Luck made the BRONCOS defense shit the bed, and the BRONCOS defense played very undisciplined football, which can arguably be a good reason for the BRONCOS loss. not including receiver key drops and lack of effort. I guess BRONCO fans have to have a whipping boy......last year it was McManus, which he has made fans and teammates look foolish, and now it's Manning.

Is Manning near his end.....yes he is? Do I care about his records....not really? Manning was brought here to help win the BRONCOS a Superbowl....this is his last chance. We're with him till the end. Once it ends, he'll get traded to the Colts for a day, so he can retire.....I'd do the same.

Northman
11-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Even though Manning still had two picks i dont put too much of the blame there. The defense just failed to show up and allowed the most points of the season scored against them to a team that they had no business losing to. The offense still put up 17 points and ST's added another which should have been enough to garner a win considering how the defense played the first 7 weeks. While the offense struggled the defense and their collapse was more disappointing and at bigger fault for the loss.

SR
11-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Even though Manning still had two picks i dont put too much of the blame there. The defense just failed to show up and allowed the most points of the season scored against them to a team that they had no business losing to. The offense still put up 17 points and ST's added another which should have been enough to garner a win considering how the defense played the first 7 weeks. While the offense struggled the defense and their collapse was more disappointing and at bigger fault for the loss.

I definitely put blame on Manning for throwing two picks. The one to Adams was a stupid ass throw. The second one wasn't much better. If it was one game where he made a couple bad reads or whatever he would get a pass from me, but he's thrown THIRTEEN picks in eight games. To me, from Peyton Manning, that's inexcusable.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 12:13 PM
I definitely put blame on Manning for throwing two picks. The one to Adams was a stupid ass throw. The second one wasn't much better. If it was one game where he made a couple bad reads or whatever he would get a pass from me, but he's thrown THIRTEEN picks in eight games. To me, from Peyton Manning, that's inexcusable.

A player by any other name would be benched.

Northman
11-10-2015, 12:20 PM

I have a bigger problem with the first one than i do the second one. DT just got out positioned by a small DB so to me some of that falls on DT to make a play using his size. But the reality is the Broncos still fought back to tie the game twice but the defense couldnt come up with any stops.

SR
11-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Absolutely. The game against Green Bay was awesome for Manning. It was his best statistical game of the season, yet he threw zero touchdowns and still managed to throw a pick. I'll give him one thing; at least he is consistent.

SR
11-10-2015, 12:30 PM
I have a bigger problem with the first one than i do the second one. DT just got out positioned by a small DB so to me some of that falls on DT to make a play using his size. But the reality is the Broncos still fought back to tie the game twice but the defense couldnt come up with any stops.

If nothing else, I'm glad this undisciplined brand of football the Broncos have been playing came around to bite them in the ass. I've been saying how stupid they play all season. Maybe having it catch up to them will finally open their eyes to how much easier their job could be if they can get off the field instead of letting penalties keep drives alive like it did in Indy.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 12:32 PM
I totally disagree that any other QB would have been benched. I could be absolutely wrong, but I would imagine that the QB of a 7-1 team has ever been benched.

Dapper Dan
11-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Manning has 1 more INT compared to Luck, who missed 2 games. I'm not sure how the best defense in the NFL couldn't get Luck to throw a couple picks, everyone else seemed to be able to. Sunday was Luck's first win of the season.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2015, 12:38 PM
I totally disagree that any other QB would have been benched. I could be absolutely wrong, but I would imagine that the QB of a 7-1 team has ever been benched.

It was somewhat sarcastic, but with a touch of reality.

Northman
11-10-2015, 12:41 PM

I think Denver was 7-4 or 7-5 when Jake was benched.

BroncoWave
11-10-2015, 01:07 PM
I think Denver was 7-4 or 7-5 when Jake was benched.

Which is a lot different than 7-1. If we go on a losing streak and fall to 7-5,then benching Manning turns into a more realistic conversation.

Northman
11-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Which is a lot different than 7-1. If we go on a losing streak and fall to 7-5,then benching Manning turns into a more realistic conversation.

Oh, i thought you were just pointing to having a winning record.

Simple Jaded
11-10-2015, 10:55 PM

That isn't true.

Cugel
11-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Did you even watch the game? That's not what happened at all.
WTF? Are you contradicting Darius Butler now on what he said their game plan was and what they did in the game? :laugh:

That's exactly what the Broncos tried to do in the first half - establish the run. The Colts were prepared for it, according to Butler. And as Butler said, their goal was "to make the Broncos one-dimensional." And after they succeeded, which they did, concentrate on putting pressure on Peyton, which they also did effectively. Result - interception.

He was also interviewed on NFL network and said much the same thing in the video on nfl.com - video review of the plays.

Cugel
11-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

So, your theory is they lose 5 in a row and bench a Hall of Fame QB in favor of a guy who has never started an NFL game? Muhahahahahaha! :laugh:

First, that ain't happenin'! For one thing, 5 out of their last 8 games are home games. You think this team is going to lose home games against the woeful Chargers and Chiefs?

Second, if it did, they would still have 4 games to play, needing to win probably 2 of them, maybe 3 to win the division and get a home playoff game. Then they hope they turn it around and get hot in the playoffs.

Kind of like the 2012 Ravens who lost 3 out of their last 4 games to finish 10-6, or the 2011 Giants who were 8-7 entering the last week of the season and needing a win against Dallas just to get into the playoffs, yet both won the SB.

Scenarios where Peyton gets benched are fantasy land.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2015, 04:37 PM
It sounds strange to hear a defender say their top priority was to stop the running game.
That says a lot. Two years ago we would have hung 40 on a team that did that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2015, 04:39 PM
It sounds strange to hear a defender say their top priority was to stop the running game.
That says a lot. Two years ago we would have hung 40 on a team that did that.

Manning is still a good quarteback, but he doesn't strike fear into people like he use to. I understand there are other factors at play, such as the line, tight ends, receivers, etc., but Manning is part of it too.

LawDog
11-12-2015, 04:39 PM
WTF? Are you contradicting Darius Butler now on what he said their game plan was and what they did in the game? :laugh:

That's exactly what the Broncos tried to do in the first half - establish the run. The Colts were prepared for it, according to Butler. And as Butler said, their goal was "to make the Broncos one-dimensional." And after they succeeded, which they did, concentrate on putting pressure on Peyton, which they also did effectively. Result - interception.

He was also interviewed on NFL network and said much the same thing in the video on nfl.com - video review of the plays.

First qtr, first possession - 3 straight passes; second possession - pass-run-pass-pass; third possession - run-run-pass-pass-pass-pass-run-pass-pass

12 passing plays to 4 runs

Second qtr, first possession - run-pass-run-pass; second possession - pass-pass-pass-run-run-pass-pass; third possession - pass-pass-pass

10 passing plays to 4 runs

Yeah, running wasn't something Denver was really even attempting in the first half - Kubiak even mentioned it in his presser that they were unbalanced. Also, only 1 of the 8 runs was for negative yards, the other 7 were positive (two for 1 yd, two for 2yds, one for 3 yds, one for 4 yds, and one for 10 yds).

BroncoJoe
11-12-2015, 04:41 PM

I don't give a shit what Darius Butler said. We ran 4 times in the first quarter, and passed 12 times. That's hardly trying to "establish" the run.

We had a 3 and out on our first series. Pass = 3. Run = 0.

For the game, we passed 36 times and ran it 14.

Again, not sure what game you are talking about.

:laugh: back at ya.

BroncoJoe
11-12-2015, 05:00 PM
So, your theory is they lose 5 in a row and bench a Hall of Fame QB in favor of a guy who has never started an NFL game? Muhahahahahaha! :laugh:

First, that ain't happenin'! For one thing, 5 out of their last 8 games are home games. You think this team is going to lose home games against the woeful Chargers and Chiefs?

Second, if it did, they would still have 4 games to play, needing to win probably 2 of them, maybe 3 to win the division and get a home playoff game. Then they hope they turn it around and get hot in the playoffs.

Kind of like the 2012 Ravens who lost 3 out of their last 4 games to finish 10-6, or the 2011 Giants who were 8-7 entering the last week of the season and needing a win against Dallas just to get into the playoffs, yet both won the SB.

Scenarios where Peyton gets benched are fantasy land.

What freaking planet are you from? I mean, your posts are just WAY out there.

Aren't you the one constantly posting stats on how QB's drafted where Brock was do nothing in the NFL? Now you're posting two out of 50 SB winners that did the improbable but the Broncos can match it?

Good grief.

Yashahla17
11-13-2015, 05:32 AM
First qtr, first possession - 3 straight passes; second possession - pass-run-pass-pass; third possession - run-run-pass-pass-pass-pass-run-pass-pass

12 passing plays to 4 runs

Second qtr, first possession - run-pass-run-pass; second possession - pass-pass-pass-run-run-pass-pass; third possession - pass-pass-pass

10 passing plays to 4 runs

Yeah, running wasn't something Denver was really even attempting in the first half - Kubiak even mentioned it in his presser that they were unbalanced. Also, only 1 of the 8 runs was for negative yards, the other 7 were positive (two for 1 yd, two for 2yds, one for 3 yds, one for 4 yds, and one for 10 yds).

Dang thats pretty kick ass ownage.

Simple Jaded
11-13-2015, 09:05 PM
The Broncos game plan was to make Peyton Manning the hero of the day.

Yashahla17
11-14-2015, 03:51 AM
The Broncos game plan was to make Peyton Manning the hero of the day.

Yup, headline manning goes into indy and breaks both records all on the strength of his dead arm and brain.

Simple Jaded
11-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Yup, headline manning goes into indy and breaks both records all on the strength of his dead arm and brain.

Headline; Manning wins 2nd Championship, Yashahaler joins a gay cult and disappears forever. Win/Win.

Yashahla17
11-14-2015, 08:41 PM
If manning wins a ring and he actually contributed to the super bowl i would vanish

SR
11-14-2015, 08:43 PM
If manning wins a ring and he actually contributed to the super bowl i would vanish

I'm going to church in the morning to pray for this.

Yashahla17
11-14-2015, 09:24 PM

Go ahead, that would guarantee me it does not happen.

Az Snake
11-14-2015, 09:27 PM

Not "would".
Say you "will".

SR
11-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Not "would". Say you "will".

Man, Yash, if Az is clowning on you, you must be headed down an unfavorable path.

Dapper Dan
11-14-2015, 09:32 PM
You guys realize that he would stick around, arguing that Manning didn't contribute enough.

Yashahla17
11-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Maybe, i don't think i need to,be concerned with that though. The broncos aren't winning with manning.

Nomad
11-14-2015, 09:42 PM
Not "would".
Say you "will".

What's up, Az? :)

SR
11-14-2015, 09:49 PM
Maybe, i don't think i need to,be concerned with that though. The broncos aren't winning with manning.

No, they're not 7-1.

Yashahla17
11-14-2015, 09:51 PM
We was talking about super bowl rings, don't know what your talking about. Smh

Az Snake
11-14-2015, 09:59 PM
What's up, Az? :)

Yo Brother Darkness !
Semper Fi !!!

SR
11-14-2015, 10:37 PM

Say that then.

I hope your check engine light comes on the next time you drive somewhere.

Yashahla17
11-14-2015, 11:46 PM
While something like that can be a head scratcher for days untill solved im Still under warranty, plus about to go ahead and sign up for the Buick extended warranty for another 40k miles.

TimHippo
11-15-2015, 12:16 AM

Yashi's! Holla!

Simple Jaded
11-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Holla, city of squala.

SR
11-15-2015, 10:01 AM
While something like that can be a head scratcher for days untill solved im Still under warranty, plus about to go ahead and sign up for the Buick extended warranty for another 40k miles.

Check engine lights are never head scratchers for real men.

Yashahla17
11-15-2015, 10:36 PM

2 down two to go..... If manning is still starting.

MOtorboat
11-16-2015, 12:34 AM

How many times have you masturbated since the end of the game?

Be honest.

Like 12, 13?

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Check engine lights are never head scratchers for real men.

Lol must be nice to have multiple vehicles or just not love your ride. If i had to lose my buick for a week or so the only other option i have is a honda cbr600rr and riding that in the winter in elements wont work. So a real man like myself would definitely be scratching the nugget.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 12:56 AM
How many times have you masturbated since the end of the game?

Be honest.

Like 12, 13?

Masterbating is an abominable act, the lord has commanded me to not do. Besides watching my team go down after 7-0 isn't so bad. For the simple fact they will still make the playoffs and get brock some valuable post season experience. Just because i called the collapse doesn't mean im happy about it goofy! Some people like myself just has a knack for calling things that come to past. It is what it is.

Simple Jaded
11-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Lol must be nice to have multiple vehicles or just not love your ride. If i had to lose my buick for a week or so the only other option i have is a honda cbr600rr and riding that in the winter in elements wont work. So a real man like myself would definitely be scratching the nugget.

Did you trade your van dressed up like a dog for that hog?

chazoe60
11-16-2015, 12:59 AM
Masterbating is an abominable act, the lord has commanded me to not do. Besides watching my team go down after 7-0 isn't so bad. For the simple fact they will still make the playoffs and get brock some valuable post season experience. Just because i called the collapse doesn't mean im happy about it goofy! Some people like myself just has a knack for calling things that come to past. It is what it is.
The grammar in your second to last sentence just made MO's head explode. I guess we should thank you.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 12:59 AM
Did you trade your van dressed up like a dog for that hog?

The new buicks are nice rides, my new verano turbo is awesome and luxurious. I traded a POS nissan for the buick.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 01:01 AM
The grammar in your second to last sentence just made MO's head explode. I guess we should thank you.

His head is exploding anyway, its hard to come up with excuses for his boy manning 9 weeks in a row, let alone after a 5 completions and 4 ints on 30 yards benching to the pathetic chiefs.

MOtorboat
11-16-2015, 01:05 AM

Lol.

Look at you all celebrating.

BroncoWave
11-16-2015, 07:15 AM

New stats over his last 16 games:

349-of-566 (61.7 pct.) for 3,995 yards, 19 TDs, 25 INTs, 75.7 QB rating.

SR
11-16-2015, 08:03 AM
New stats over his last 16 games: 349-of-566 (61.7 pct.) for 3,995 yards, 19 TDs, 25 INTs, 75.7 QB rating.

All Pro

Simple Jaded
11-17-2015, 12:13 AM
Sup Gatorfag?

Az Snake
02-09-2016, 09:04 PM

Go ahead, that would guarantee me it does not happen.

Not "would".
Say you "will".

Man, Yash, if Az is clowning on you, you must be headed down an unfavorable path.

You guys realize that he would stick around, arguing that Manning didn't contribute enough.

No, they're not 7-1.

Say that then.

I hope your check engine light comes on the next time you drive somewhere.

Headline; Manning wins 2nd Championship, Yashahaler joins a gay cult and disappears forever. Win/Win.

Real men keep their word.

pulse
02-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahajajajajajajahahaha hahahahahahahahahckdo hdnwozjxnshahahahahajahaoejwn ocjebsmzhahahahajajajajajahabclcjebwHahahahahajaja jajajajahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajajajajajahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaodhebckchshahahahahahahhahaj ahahajahajahajahajajahahahahahahaheuehzbcnsnahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahabahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahah ahahckforh292g I.2
39Boyd9,858502
',3*3?

Cugel
02-10-2016, 04:43 PM

Well, we're waiting!

My theory: "Time wounds all heels."

SR
02-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Well, we're waiting!

He was perma-banned. You're late.

Cugel
02-10-2016, 04:46 PM
He was perma-banned. You're late.

Sorry! I didn't know this. Am I too late to celebrate the demise of the worst troll in the history of these boards?

SR
02-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Sorry! I didn't know this. Am I too late to celebrate the demise of the worst troll in the history of these boards?

No. We can celebrate that forever.

Cugel
02-10-2016, 05:00 PM

What used to infuriate me was how he would give the Broncos no chance to win the SB! There have been many years when I thought the Broncos had no chance, but this was certainly not one of them. And anytime I feel that way, I keep it to myself!

You can't come on a Broncos fan message boards and gloat over the teams' failure, unless you are just a complete *******. We take that stuff personally.

If the team is humiliated I can't help but feel it personally. And when they win the SB I feel like everything is sunny and wonderful.

What a great week! Nothing special is happening, but from time to time I remember "we just won the SB!"

And it still feels amazing! :beer:

BroncoWave
02-10-2016, 05:32 PM

What a great week to be alive!