PDA

View Full Version : How Broncos QB coach Greg Knapp helped Peyton Manning transition to new offense

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2015, 09:45 PM
No matter the city, no matter the opponent, the routine always is the same. Five and a half hours before kickoff, Greg Knapp, the Broncos' quarterbacks coach and passing-game coordinator, pulls up to the empty and eerily quiet stadium. The time is Knapp's, a few hours of serenity for his pregame workout. His third-down calls, his red-zone calls, the reminders he'll issue his quarterback during an offensive series filter through his mind as he runs up and down, up and down the stadium stairs.

"It's my zen," he said. "It's my way to get into game mode. It's my way of preparing, because we only get 16 regular-season games and hopefully a few more after that."

Knapp's routine is a constant. His life is on the sideline, even moreso as Peyton Manning's translator in coach Gary Kubiak's new zone-blocking, stretch-run offense.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29078136/how-broncos-qb-coach-greg-knapp-helped-peyton