PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Schedule Proving to Be One of the Toughest

WARHORSE
11-04-2015, 12:54 AM
I was looking over our opponents, those we beat and those we are yet to face. Couple of things I want to point out.

I started looking because I really want the Broncos to break a foot off in the Patriots rear ends. I want to stick it so far up Bradys plumb bob that Robert Kraft will lose an eyeball.

What did I notice? Greenbay....beat good opponents. Cincy? Beat good opponents. Carolina? Pretty good opponents. Pats? Played the easiest schedule.

Kansas City has played top teams and their schedule gets easier after next week.
San Diego while losing a number of games, has been playing good ball considering all their injuries.
Oakland is looking better each week....but not on par with us yet.

We have yet to play KC, Cincinnatti, New England, Oakland, San Diego twice, Indy, Chicago and Pittsburg.

We will have faced three out of the four undefeated teams before we end the year. The good news? All at home.

The Patriots have a schedule made for a perfume salesman. If they get past us, they may go undefeated through the reg. Doubt it....but may.

I need to be at the Patriots game. Period.

Yashahla17
11-04-2015, 01:00 AM
No doubt we have a tough. Schedule. And 4 of our first six games were road games. We shall be battle tested for sure.

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:39 AM
There's been growing talk of N*s laughably soft schedule possibly making them 16-0 for a while now; I've been saying for a few weeks we're probably the only team that can stop it. It's hardly a sure thing, since divisional rivals know each others personnel, schemes and stadiums well enough they usually play closer than they otherwise would, but with all the recent changes in NY, Buffalo and Miami that may not even be relevant.

For what it's worth, Pro Football References standings includes a basic SoS stat compiled by averaging opposing victory margins: The Cheatriots are slightly negative, but not as much as one might think (given that they play BOTH conferences worst divisions) and our is actually marginally so. Also bear in mind what look like tough teams early sometimes prove otherwise in the end, and vice versa: We're only half done, but the playoff Lions and doormat Vikings we faced a few weeks ago already switched places, and could again.

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:43 AM
No doubt we have a tough. Schedule. And 4 of our first six games were road games. We shall be battle tested for sure.
Flip side, 6 of our last 10 (and 5 of our last 8) are at home, including nearly all the toughest ones: All but one of our four remaining division games are at Mile High, plus Green Bay, N* and Cincy all come to us. The toughest road game is probably Pitt (though maybe less so without Bell) and Indy, depending on whether SD recovers from all its injuries in time to make a great team on paper competitive on the field. That just leaves the Bears; I'm still trying to figure out how they beat Oakland, let alone won TWO games.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Flip side, 6 of our last 10 (and 5 of our last 8) are at home, including nearly all the toughest ones: All but one of our four remaining division games are at Mile High, plus Green Bay, N* and Cincy all come to us. The toughest road game is probably Pitt (though maybe less so without Bell) and Indy, depending on whether SD recovers from all its injuries in time to make a great team on paper competitive on the field. That just leaves the Bears; I'm still trying to figure out how they beat Oakland, let alone won TWO games.

I'm rather shocked your trying to discredit anything the Broncos do. Wait, no. I'm not.

Joel
11-04-2015, 05:44 AM
I'm rather shocked your trying to discredit anything the Broncos do. Wait, no. I'm not.
Discredit nothing, if we can beat GB, N* and Cincy ANYWHERE we'll cruise through the SB. My point was we have no more grueling road trips left: After this week, we only have 3 road games in our last 8, at least one (and possibly two) of which are the closest thing the pro league gets to pushovers: The only way we lose those is if we try to phone them in, and I doubt either Kubiak or this team's stupid enough to do that. Plus I'd wager pretty much everyone who didn't just sign wants payback on Fox for our last playoff game.

Actually, most of our remaining games have more than enough motivation to keep the team focused; Indy easily bounced us from our last playoff game when we were expected to win easily, Cincy beating us was when we knew the Rams game wasn't a fluke and we were in big trouble, Fox bailed on a freaking SB RUN to coach a dumpster fire, Del Rio did the same for the divisions most hated team, and anyone who's been here long enough to play under McCoy remembers him doing the same (and Liuget ruining Mannings ankles for the rest of the year.)

Then there's N*; safe to say Manning and everyone else has more than enough incentive to annihilate those smug cheats. About the only team most of ours MIGHT not want to utterly humiliate is Pitt, but I wouldn't take a wager on that, especially not with Sanders.

Cugel
11-04-2015, 12:48 PM
It all comes down to the playoffs. Denver will host at least 1 playoff game. Will they get a bye? That depends on whether they can beat the Bengals.

Honestly though, I don't think it matters. Either you have a team that can go on the road and beat the Patriots in January or you don't. If you don't then don't bother to show up in the Super Bowl and expect to win. With this defense giving up 13 points a game, on pace to surrender 208 for the entire season, (which would be significantly less than the 2013 Seahawks), they can go on the road if the offense is at least reasonably good, not great.

It all depends on the OL playing well in the playoffs running the ball and giving Manning time to throw. I think Elway screwed the pooch in failing to make the Joe Thomas deal, but we'll see.

WARHORSE
11-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Anyone selling tickets to the Pats game? :)

Im hoping for the DUKE to put his bootstamp on Belicheats moneymaker.