PDA

View Full Version : To Cocky or Not To Cocky! Bold Predictions Week 9 @ Colts

artie_dale
11-03-2015, 04:35 PM
While everyone is still high from that dominate GB win and probably even higher after Elway acquired Vernon Davis, I wanted to know what everyone expects the outcome to be in Indi.

The last time PFM & Co was there, they owned us. But, Peyton was likely emotionally drained from all the shenanigans Indi put on leading to that game.

The Colts are pretty bad this year on both sides of the ball...

What do you think our Broncos will do?

Final score:

Passing TDs (to whom):

Rushing TDs (for whom):

Sacks:

Ints:

GO!

Northman
11-03-2015, 04:42 PM
GO!

Final score: Denver- 37, Indy- 6

Passing TDs (to whom): Davis- 1 TD, Sanders- 1 TD,

Rushing TDs (for whom): Anderson- 1 TD, Hillman- 1 TD

Sacks: Miller- 1, Ware- 2, Barrett- 2

Ints: Harris- 1, Ward- 1

artie_dale
11-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Final score: Denver- 37, Indy- 6

Passing TDs (to whom): Davis- 1 TD, Sanders- 1 TD,

Rushing TDs (for whom): Anderson- 1 TD, Hillman- 1 TD

Sacks: Miller- 1, Ware- 2, Barrett- 2

Ints: Harris- 1, Ward- 1

I love Shaq Barrett. He's more consistent than Von right now. Von better do something or "Next Man Up" will happen without an injury.

Northman
11-03-2015, 04:46 PM
I love Shaq Barrett. He's more consistent than Von right now. Von better do something or "Next Man Up" will happen without an injury.

I doubt that Von will get benched. I think he is being doubled for the most part but as Shaq keeps having success teams will have to start to double him as well. Thats the great thing about our depth right now is that even if Miller steps out Barrett can still create havoc.

Timmy!
11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Score: 105-6 Broncos.

Passing TDs: lots, to everybody

Rushing TDs: 2 naked boots.

Sacks: yes.

Picks: more.

Northman
11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
score: 105-6 broncos.

Passing tds: Lots, to everybody

rushing tds: 2 naked boots.

Sacks: Yes.

Picks: moar.

fify

BroncoJoe
11-03-2015, 04:53 PM

Von continues to rate as one of the best on the Defense. Just because he isn't getting sacks, doesn't mean he's not getting his job done.

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 04:53 PM

GEM
11-03-2015, 05:09 PM

:confused: Von is damn near double teamed every play....just because he isn't getting to the qb, doesn't mean he isn't influencing the opposite offense.

GEM
11-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Indy has always been a tough place for us to play.

Denver 21- Indy 10

underrated29
11-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I expect this game to be really really close again. Something like 21-19 Broncos.

But, the OL looked good and we have the records that Peyton could break at their house (his old) and the fact that we chumped against them last year so I am going to be positive in this one.

41-9

Peyton gets his records, 3 tds. 1 to VD, 2 to Heman
CJ gets 1 td and both backs go for close to 100
Defense gets a pick 6.
We get 7 sacks on andrew

Valar Morghulis
11-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Screams trap game to me. I'm scared.

They are terrible, we were just amazing. That means this week we will be brought back to earth in a cold stadium with the roof open

BroncoJoe
11-03-2015, 05:21 PM
I don't do predictions, but this game has me a little nervous. Don't get me wrong, because I think we spank them hard - bear-butt with a belt - however they will be a desperate team looking to do whatever it takes to get a win. I wish they would have won Monday night.

Timmy!
11-03-2015, 05:36 PM

They are terrible, we were just amazing. That means this week we will be brought back to earth in a cold stadium with the roof open

Well, lucky for us it will be a pleasant 71 degrees in a dome.

Valar Morghulis
11-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Well, lucky for us it will be a pleasant 71 degrees in a dome.

Last time we played the opened the roof, I bet they do again.

Is it not the late game? Is 71 not a bit hopeful for indy in November at night?

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 05:43 PM

It's the late afternoon game, not the night game.

I agree with those that are worried. On paper, it looks way too easy

Timmy!
11-03-2015, 05:46 PM

Afternoon game....standard 2:25 kick mountain time. 54 degrees.....I wouldn't call that cold, but I'd fully expect the roof to be closed.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2015, 06:03 PM

This has to be a joke.

SR
11-03-2015, 06:10 PM

Von isn't going anywhere. He had a sack against GB and does a lot that doesn't make it to the stat sheet. To even say something like that is heinous.

artie_dale
11-03-2015, 06:36 PM
:confused: Von is damn near double teamed every play....just because he isn't getting to the qb, doesn't mean he isn't influencing the opposite offense.

Von continues to rate as one of the best on the Defense. Just because he isn't getting sacks, doesn't mean he's not getting his job done.

I doubt that Von will get benched. I think he is being doubled for the most part but as Shaq keeps having success teams will have to start to double him as well. Thats the great thing about our depth right now is that even if Miller steps out Barrett can still create havoc.

Please allow me to clarify. If I could have expressed that post in a way that I was saying it to Von's face, but in a way only to motivate him, that's how I would have posted it.

And as far as him getting double team every play... I've watched every single down and Von isn't getting double teamed as often as you guys suggest. In my honest opinion, he seems to have lost a step. But, maybe it's because Wade needs them to be on such high motors for ever single down. It is a luxury to have Barrett as a backup. I still love Von and he's the ONLY player I encourage on defense through the TV, but he surely isn't getting double team "damn near every single play".

tripp
11-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Colts fired their OC, Rob Chudzinski is their new OC. This has got to hurt them that much more.

Regardless of who is injured or who is coach, I firmly believe as long as you have Andy Luck you have some kind of chance, as proven from last night's game and countless other games where he has been able to conjure up a come back midway through a game. Beating Green Bay was a great measuring stick to see how we can stand compared to the elite teams in the NFL, but this Colts game has me nervous.

BroncoWave
11-03-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't do predictions, but this game has me a little nervous. Don't get me wrong, because I think we spank them hard - bear-butt with a belt - however they will be a desperate team looking to do whatever it takes to get a win. I wish they would have won Monday night.

Agree with both of these takes. We definitely SHOULD win this game, but it has all the makings of a trap game. We are coming off a huge win, Indy's backs are against the wall, and the whole world will be picking us. I do think we will win, but I think it will be far too close for comfort. Something like 20-17 maybe.

Hopefully Manning has gotten whatever it was out of his system last time we went to Indy.

BroncoWave
11-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Colts fired their OC, Rob Chudzinski is their new OC. This has got to hurt them that much more.

Regardless of who is injured or who is coach, I firmly believe as long as you have Andy Luck you have some kind of chance, as proven from last night's game and countless other games where he has been able to conjure up a come back midway through a game.

I don't necessarily know that this hurts them. You see it all the time when a team fires a coach, everyone rallies around the new guy and they play at a higher level than before. Look at Dan Campbell in Miami just this season. Sometimes a different voice gives a team a spark and new life for a few weeks.

So while in theory this should help us, it very well might help the Colts.

Northman
11-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Im really not worried. Colts have an offense that is about on par with Denvers, but have a worse Oline than GB's and their defense is almost at the bottom of the league. As long as Denver calls a good game like they did vs the Pack they should cruise in this game. Unless of course the Colts cheat by feeding noise into the PA system again.

tripp
11-03-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't necessarily know that this hurts them. You see it all the time when a team fires a coach, everyone rallies around the new guy and they play at a higher level than before. Look at Dan Campbell in Miami just this season. Sometimes a different voice gives a team a spark and new life for a few weeks.

Fair. I just keep thinking they'll be trying to do new things and running some new plays that won't necessarily work either because everyone won't be on the same page, or because it's just a flat out bad play. I don't know, I'm just spit balling here. I'm not entirely sure how Andy Luck will hold up if he does indeed have cracked ribs and an ailing shoulder against our D. We're playing at an extremely high level right now.

Only way I see us losing this game is if the EXACT same thing happens like it did last night. We go up by multiple scores, get complacent, and allow Andy Luck to get back into the game. Can't happen.

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 07:27 PM

I agree. I wish they had waited till after our game to fire people. Still might happen with Pagano if we blow them out

Joel
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't think Broncos@Colts even COULD be a trap game, even if we didn't have their HoF former QB and they weren't leading their (admittedly awful) division. Last time we were there they broke our awful line, robbed Decker of a TD, forced a Manning safety like we just forced on Rodgers and beat us by 6 in a game that wasn't even that close. Then they started our 2014 by giving us all we could handle in OUR house and ENDED it by BEATING us there in a game we were out of before it began.

NO ONE on this team is sleeping on this game, I promise. We may not win, but should (we should've last time, when they were in the same awful one-dimensional shape) especially with them breaking in a brand new OC. But IF we somehow don't, it won't be because anyone took them for granted or looked past them to hosting KC.

My prediction is a virgin OC, aging D, Swiss cheese offensive line, retread RBs and broken-ribbed QB (or one even older than Manning) get abused in their own house by the leagues top D, rejuvenated Manning who once again has three Pro Bowl WRs with the added bonus of protection and run support starting to show life.

NightTerror218
11-03-2015, 09:53 PM

Von is still on of the highest rated OLB in the NFL sacks are not all that matters

olathebroncofan
11-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Colts lose big at home. Irsay realizes he fired the wrong person, and fires Chuck. The new interim coaches bring a new spark and the Colts run the table, and meet the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Colts get blown out again.

Yashahla17
11-04-2015, 01:19 AM
I see this as a trap game. Hopefully manning keeps his poise and doesn't try to play hero ball and force things. If we dont turn it over we should win this game 31-0. I can see luck with a few ints and a pick six.

Yashahla17
11-04-2015, 01:21 AM

Is this a joke? The only reason everyone else gets off is because of the force von is. Lol please don't say goofy things like this again.

Yashahla17
11-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Please allow me to clarify. If I could have expressed that post in a way that I was saying it to Von's face, but in a way only to motivate him, that's how I would have posted it.

And as far as him getting double team every play... I've watched every single down and Von isn't getting double teamed as often as you guys suggest. In my honest opinion, he seems to have lost a step. But, maybe it's because Wade needs them to be on such high motors for ever single down. It is a luxury to have Barrett as a backup. I still love Von and he's the ONLY player I encourage on defense through the TV, but he surely isn't getting double team "damn near every single play".

Dude you clearly don't know wth your watching. Von gets more pressure than anybody on the defense. He's also a force vs the run. Smh fans like you show why most athletes and coaches don't respect what fans have to,say because you clearly are clueless to what you claim your watching. Von hasn't lost no damn step and he's the best pass rusher in the league.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 01:44 AM
Is this a joke? The only reason everyone else gets off is because of the force von is. Lol please don't say goofy things like this again.

Dude you clearly don't know wth your watching. Von gets more pressure than anybody on the defense. He's also a force vs the run. Smh fans like you show why most athletes and coaches don't respect what fans have to,say because you clearly are clueless to what you claim your watching. Von hasn't lost no damn step and he's the best pass rusher in the league.

Lulz.

7DnBrnc53
11-04-2015, 02:35 AM
Colts lose big at home. Irsay realizes he fired the wrong person, and fires Chuck. The new interim coaches bring a new spark and the Colts run the table, and meet the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Colts get blown out again.

I hope you are right, because that means that the Pats get beat in the Divisional Round.

Krugan
11-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Indy, nightmares resurface.

Not sure this one is a win either.

Man i have no faith this year, i really dont.

slim
11-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Artie, post more.

Yash, post never.

Buff
11-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Artie, post more.

Yash, post never.

I don't know - this thread title is an absolute abortion.

TimHippo
11-04-2015, 11:45 AM

Yashi, You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
It's funny, you know. It's a good post, it's funny, you're a funny guy, lol.
It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Jus...
Just... ya know... you're funny.
Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

artie_dale
11-04-2015, 12:11 PM

Then what is the point of stats, then? If statistics aren't a factor in the measurement of production and effectiveness, what is then? Your fanatic eye tests? My fanatic eye tests? Rings??? (which I think is BS that a QB is only measured by how many SB rings he has vs all the other achievements/accolades)

Give me a break. You sound like a Homer. "Boo hoo! Artie_dale is criticizing one of my favorite players!"

I love Von Miller, but if we aren't allowed be critical of our own team and players, there is no point to discussing. Let's just all be Homers. That's fun. That's rational. I think you were one of the handful that was calling for Peyton to be benched. Did anyone attack your character? I know I didn't. You offered your personal thoughts and opinions, and I offer mine.

"May I eat a dick?"
"Yash you can."

artie_dale
11-04-2015, 12:18 PM
I think Denver's D is going to do worse to Indi than they did to GB. It's going to be lowed in Indi, but the D should take the fizzle out of the fans by the end of the first quarter.

Final score: Den 41 Indi 6 (they get in FB range due to defensive penalties)

Passing TDs (to whom): 2, 1 to DT, 1 to Hillman

Rushing TDs (for whom): 2, Hillman (will run fast on turf) and Virgil (goal line)

Sacks: 6, 2.5 for D-Ware, 1 for Marshall, 1 for TJ Ward, 1.5 for Von

Ints: 3, 1 for TJ Ward, Pick-six for Talib, 1 for D-Ware

Bold!

TimHippo
11-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Andrew Luck was never the same after the massacre vs Denver back on Nov. 2015.

tripp
11-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Read on twitter from a few people saying Chuck Pagano could be fired if they lose to us this week. Any time you fire the OC, you're pretty much guaranteed the HC is gone too, whether it be by the end of the week, or end of the year. That makes me nervous that Pagano's back is against the wall and will be very desperate to get a win. I think we'll need to put up 24+ pts to win.

artie_dale
11-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Read on twitter from a few people saying Chuck Pagano could be fired if they lose to us this week. Any time you fire the OC, you're pretty much guaranteed the HC is gone too, whether it be by the end of the week, or end of the year. That makes me nervous that Pagano's back is against the wall and will be very desperate to get a win. I think we'll need to put up 24+ pts to win.

I don't know... his back has been against the wall all season (especially since they aren't negotiating his contract). The added drama of Peyton returning to Indi, I don't think will be a factor on what he does. He's gotta play against a stellar defense (he hasn't had an answer to ANY defense so far) and an offense that should be able to score on his defense. Gore is tired, Andre Johnson is tired, Hilton is fast but as long as we cover below and on top of him (no busted coverages), he should be contained. Luck will need time for plays to develop and he shouldn't get any time.

All of that AND the fact that Peyton will be chasing history in this game (Most Regular season yards and Wins), I'm sure he will be hitting on all cylinders. Who knows, maybe Vernon Davis will catch on quick and be a factor sooner than later.

NightTrainLayne
11-04-2015, 12:51 PM
I always hate going up against a team on a two or three game losing streak.

Decent NFL teams simply don't lose four games in a row very often. They are filled with professionals who have a lot of pride, and can dig deep and get that something extra when they need it.

Add in that their entire coaching staff can see the writing on the wall if they lose, and we are going to be facing a very determined team on Sunday afternoon.

If the Colts lose to us Sunday, they then face Atlanta the next week. .. . This game is their season. The entire season is at stake.

On paper, this is a Bronco win. But in the crucible of this weekend, and how important this game is for the Colts, it worries me.

artie_dale
11-04-2015, 12:56 PM
I always hate going up against a team on a two or three game losing streak.

Decent NFL teams simply don't lose four games in a row very often. They are filled with professionals who have a lot of pride, and can dig deep and get that something extra when they need it.

Add in that their entire coaching staff can see the writing on the wall if they lose, and we are going to be facing a very determined team on Sunday afternoon.

If the Colts lose to us Sunday, they then face Atlanta the next week. .. . This game is their season. The entire season is at stake.

On paper, this is a Bronco win. But in the crucible of this weekend, and how important this game is for the Colts, it worries me.

I can understand the concern from that standpoint.

I wonder though, if this team would fight to their potential if the coaching staff lost the players. I do not know if that is the case or not though, in Indi.

slim
11-04-2015, 01:16 PM
I don't know - this thread title is an absolute abortion.

I find it quite titillating.

Yashahla17
11-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Then what is the point of stats, then? If statistics aren't a factor in the measurement of production and effectiveness, what is then? Your fanatic eye tests? My fanatic eye tests? Rings??? (which I think is BS that a QB is only measured by how many SB rings he has vs all the other achievements/accolades)

Give me a break. You sound like a Homer. "Boo hoo! Artie_dale is criticizing one of my favorite players!"

I love Von Miller, but if we aren't allowed be critical of our own team and players, there is no point to discussing. Let's just all be Homers. That's fun. That's rational. I think you were one of the handful that was calling for Peyton to be benched. Did anyone attack your character? I know I didn't. You offered your personal thoughts and opinions, and I offer mine.

"May I eat a dick?"
"Yash you can."

If you actually watched games instead of day dreaming about (dick) you might learn something. Ive never seen so maany men in my life who love talking about dick as a lame joke until i got on forums. You are an abominable creature. Stick to rainbow type sports and let real men watch and play football. Talking about (stats) anybody with a fraction of intelligence knows when a defense is this stacked individual stats are never going to tell the whole stor. You claim you watch every game but your reference is (stats) your a goofy and a liar. Nobody can watch a game once and see everything every player did to have a impact or not. Lying rainbow boy.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 02:35 PM
:laugh:

Northman
11-04-2015, 02:35 PM

Probably using the Denver game as motivation and as a scapegoat if they lose but they did have higher expectations going into this year so firing Chuck makes sense. He was a great story a couple of years ago but in the end you still need to win games.

artie_dale
11-04-2015, 02:37 PM
If you actually watched games instead of day dreaming about (dick) you might learn something. Ive never seen so maany men in my life who love talking about dick as a lame joke until i got on forums. You are an abominable creature. Stick to rainbow type sports and let real men watch and play football. Talking about (stats) anybody with a fraction of intelligence knows when a defense is this stacked individual stats are never going to tell the whole stor. You claim you watch every game but your reference is (stats) your a goofy and a liar. Nobody can watch a game once and see everything every player did to have a impact or not. Lying rainbow boy.

"Lying"? Just so happens, I play in a fantasy football league that uses individual defensive players. Von Miller is one of my players and for that reason specifically, I watch him on ever down he is out there. It's easy when you have a purpose.

And do you usually contradict yourself? You claimed yourself that Von gets more pressure than anyone else? How can that be possible if "Nobody can watch a game once and see everything every player did to have a impact or not." Your claims aren't any more valid than mine with that logic. Come on, Yashy, I've been on this forum for a few years and I don't notice the abundance of dick talk. Maybe it just you who thinks about it implicitly and certain words or phrases that appear all over the forum spectrum triggers you to think everyone is talking about dick. When all that is happening is you are associating dick with everything because you can't help it.

Northman
11-04-2015, 02:38 PM
I must be in bizarro world. Im surprised so many people are worried about this team and had all the confidence of beating GB. Indy is simply nowhere in their class and are a really bad team. The only real good thing they have going is Luck and he is banged up all to hell.

tripp
11-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Probably using the Denver game as motivation and as a scapegoat if they lose but they did have higher expectations going into this year so firing Chuck makes sense. He was a great story a couple of years ago but in the end you still need to win games.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I heard he could be fired after the Denver game if they lose. Not exactly giving the guy the best chance to keep his job.

tripp
11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Didn't really think about this, but this is good motivation for us.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 32m32 minutes ago
A lot of players talking about how much they want to win for Manning this week. #broncos

BroncoJoe
11-04-2015, 04:48 PM

A lot of players talking about how much they want to win for Manning this week. #broncos

That, along with the fact he can wrap up the only two remaining records he doesn't have yet.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/601769-Upcoming-Game-Broncos-vs-Colts

Northman
11-04-2015, 04:56 PM

If this is Manning's last hurrah i would love nothing more than to stick a fork into the Colts in humiliating fashion. Would be great revenge for what happened last year in the playoffs.

Yashahla17
11-04-2015, 06:16 PM
"Lying"? Just so happens, I play in a fantasy football league that uses individual defensive players. Von Miller is one of my players and for that reason specifically, I watch him on ever down he is out there. It's easy when you have a purpose.

And do you usually contradict yourself? You claimed yourself that Von gets more pressure than anyone else? How can that be possible if "Nobody can watch a game once and see everything every player did to have a impact or not." Your claims aren't any more valid than mine with that logic. Come on, Yashy, I've been on this forum for a few years and I don't notice the abundance of dick talk. Maybe it just you who thinks about it implicitly and certain words or phrases that appear all over the forum spectrum triggers you to think everyone is talking about dick. When all that is happening is you are associating dick with everything because you can't help it.

Sorry liar but i watch the game atleast 3 times after ive watched it LIVE. STICK TO YOUR FANTASY CRAP BOY. LET US REAL MEN WATCH AND UNDERSTAND THIS MANS GAME.

Is this the only forum online? Goofy. Are you not the only one talking about dick? Rainbow artie. Get lost your annoying.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 06:18 PM
Lulz.

:popcorn:

WARHORSE
11-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Broncos 34

Indy 10

BroncoWave
11-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Lulz.

:popcorn:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e2ff51bc06bd2d568ef4f96ea5fa77f9/tumblr_ncow7kOlOE1smr45to1_500.gif

GEM
11-04-2015, 06:46 PM
FFS....One brings up eating a dick and it all goes downhill from there. Stick with football shit and knock off the personal attacks on each other.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 06:54 PM
I just watched the game for the fourth time.

Joel
11-04-2015, 08:08 PM
I just watched the game for the fourth time.
I uploaded the game to my memory implant and have it permanently looping on my retina (moron. ;))

broncobryce
11-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Luck might be the one QB who is playing worse than Manning. As long as we can avoid lots of turnovers, we should win.

Joel
11-06-2015, 05:41 AM
Luck might be the one QB who is playing worse than Manning. As long as we can avoid lots of turnovers, we should win.

Just avoid Mike Adams; why the :censored: we dropped that guy to keep starting Rahim Moore's beyond me (I sure screamed loud enough to keep AND start him instead.)

tomjonesrocks
11-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Just avoid Mike Adams; why the :censored: we dropped that guy to keep starting Rahim Moore's beyond me (I sure screamed loud enough to keep AND start him instead.)

Yep. Adams was always underrated and Moore overrated here. Total mystery to me.

Adams would have been a really easy re-sign. Never understood it.

TXBRONC
11-07-2015, 11:37 AM

I don't think he needs you to motivate him, and as others have said he does a lot that doesn't make the stat sheet. When see absolutely see everything on the field let me know.

Ravage!!!
11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
He hasn't lost a step, that's for sure. But you can't just rush the QB full speed on every play. That's a statement that shows a lack of knowledge, on several areas.

LawDog
11-07-2015, 12:42 PM
So, given Peyton's general decency and fond remembrances of Indy and its citizens, I don't see the Broncos dropping a humiliating loss on the Colts. I wish they would lob a 50 burger on 'em, but just don't see it happening. Solid win, yes, but a complete evisceration, no. Sigh.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Both the safeties we have now are better than Adams, so I'm fine with it.

Timmy!
11-07-2015, 02:21 PM
I predict Yoshi will say some more stupid shit.

tomjonesrocks
11-07-2015, 03:16 PM
I predict Yoshi will say some more stupid shit.

Way to go out on a limb.

ShaneFalco
11-08-2015, 12:57 AM
apparently hillman got hurt in practice on thursday and is questionable for the game. CJ may be the RB.

VonDoom
11-08-2015, 09:19 AM
apparently hillman got hurt in practice on thursday and is questionable for the game. CJ may be the RB.

It's been discussed in the practice notes thread. Kubiak says he's good to go and will split carries with CJ as has been the current trend.

TXBRONC
11-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Yep. Adams was always underrated and Moore overrated here. Total mystery to me.

Adams would have been a really easy re-sign. Never understood it.

It's really that hard to understand, Adams was and always will be just a journeyman.

Joel
11-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Both the safeties we have now are better than Adams, so I'm fine with it.
Ward's a thumper, but his coverage has been iffy in our games, which is how Moore cost us a playoff game (against an eventual SB Champ we beat by three scores in their house just a month earlier.) I'll never be "fine" with blowing a championship-opportunity arguably better than 2013s (we had Clady in 2012, playing like Clady, and Kuper was a great pass protector, just a weak run blocker.) Moore was only one of many parts of that, but, as most others, his part was enough to change the final in a DOT loss.

It's really that hard to understand, Adams was and always will be just a journeyman.
Right, just a Pro Bowl journeyman who's 1 Int behind Woodson for the NFL lead, after last year finishing 2 behind the leader (and, again, making the Pro Bowl.) Moore "is and always will be just a journeyman," too, 2nd round pick or no. The difference is Adams has never blown cost his team a playoff game by BLOWING A SAFETYS MOST BASIC JOB!

SR
11-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Adams was average in Denver. It's silly to look at his production the last two years in Indy and think Denver lost THAT. Denver didn't lose a Pro Bowl interception machine at safety because he wasn't that when he was there. He was average. Denver lost an average safety.

Joel
11-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Adams was average in Denver. It's silly to look at his production the last two years in Indy and think Denver lost THAT. Denver didn't lose a Pro Bowl interception machine at safety because he wasn't that when he was there. He was average. Denver lost an average safety.
Adams didn't just suddenly, inexplicably, discover how to play at a Pro Bowl level AFTER 11 years in the NFL: His underperformance in Denver says more of Del Rio and the former college DB coaching the team than of him. They had a hard ons for Elways 2nd round pick (and, later, UDFA Ihenacho) rather than the FA mercenary (ironic given all the popular claims Foxs preference for FA journeymen over Elways draft picks began their schism.)

Adams outperformed Moore the whole time they were in Denver, both my own eye test and their statistical record: Moore had more tackles, but Adams had more passed defended, and tackles AFTER allowing a catch are far less valuable than PREVENTING CATCHES IN THE FIRST PLACE. Yet Moore somehow kept the starting job even after letting a team trailing a playoff game by a TD force OT with a Hail Mary he flat out blew. Coaches response: Replace ADAMS with a UDFA, and keep right on starting Moore.

Well, here we are two years later: Moore's an unremarkable starting safety even by the standards of the awful Texans team where he plays, Ihenacho's a backup even on a talentless team like Washington (taking Adams' job for no good reason was the only time he's EVER started) and Adams had the 3rd most Ints in the league a year after he made the Pro Bowl with the 2nd most. And we have another hard-hitting, coverage-poor Pro Bowl SS in Ward, but (possibly) a good coverage FS in Stewart (time will tell....)

So yeah, we seem to be alright NOW; doesn't change the reality that the preference for Moore over Adams despite Adams PLAYING better cost us a SB shot even better than we had in 2013 (Seattle 2013>SF 2012, plus we had a healthy Clady in 2012 instead of Clark.) It was a huge missed opportunity, however one frames it.