PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 9 (Colts week)

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 11:06 AM
It's still a little early for this thread, because there usually isn't anything happening on Tuesdays. But I loved this Tweet from Vic, so I wanted to put it here:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 25m25 minutes ago

Just asked @ChrisHarrisJr if he'll be covering TY Hilton this Sunday: "I should be. I definitely want to be".

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

Peyton out at practice Limited role. Plan is to limit throws

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 20m

Not sure of injury to Barrett. McCray played one more snap than Shaq, likely explains why. Norwood not practicing. #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m

#broncos Shaq Barrett not practicing. Watching. But not working out

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 6m

At Broncos practice Wednesday, new addition Vernon Davis was on field -- in No. 80 -- as Broncos try to get him... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0453638049901845469-4

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 18m

Shaq Barrett DeMarcus Ware Jordan Norwood not practicing #9news #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Elway Access: Davis to Denver

In his weekly interview, John Elway talks about acquiring Vernon Davis, the Broncos offensive explosion and facing the Colts.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-Access-Davis-to-Denver/69d2dcf2-9215-49e1-a970-e4bb3b48a5dc

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 03:14 PM
BTV Live: Coach Kubiak, Peyton and Demaryius

Watch Live as Coach Kubiak, Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas address the media after Wednesday's practice.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Coach-Kubiak-Peyton-and-Demaryius/5f44c99b-b7c1-455e-b4e1-e6006a027e58

Joel
11-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Missed that before now: What happened to Barrett? I'm coming around to the preseason hype now that he's performing at a high level against REAL teams, not backups or vanilla schemes (and now that he's stopped jumping offside. :tongue:) He's done more than Ray, for far less money, and don't worry about fatigue or injury getting to Ware or Miller as I did when first hearing we hired Wade and would switch to a 3-4. Anyway, hopes and prayers it's minor and he makes a fast recovery, on principle in addition to what he adds.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Missed that before now: What happened to Barrett? I'm coming around to the preseason hype now that he's performing at a high level against REAL teams, not backups or vanilla schemes (and now that he's stopped jumping offside. :tongue:) He's done more than Ray, for far less money, and don't worry about fatigue or injury getting to Ware or Miller as I did when first hearing we hired Wade and would switch to a 3-4. Anyway, hopes and prayers it's minor and he makes a fast recovery, on principle in addition to what he adds.

Nothing yet on what happened to Barrett.

SR
11-04-2015, 03:19 PM

No shit he's done more than Ray. Ray has been out with a sprained knee. Or do you not watch the games?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38s

Manning and Emmanuel limited in practice. Norwood's wife went into labor so wasn't at practice. Limited Manning's throws

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Jordan Norwood absent from practice because his wife went into labor this morning.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 41s41 seconds ago

Manning and Emmanuel limited in practice. Norwood's wife went into labor so wasn't at practice. Limited Manning's throws

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 41s41 seconds ago

Kubiak says he hopes to have Vernon Davis ready to play on Sunday.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12s13 seconds ago

Kubiak said if can go w 3 TEs that can force defense to use base package and will help running game.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 11s12 seconds ago

Peyton Manning was limited in practice -- he hasn't been practicing on most Weds this year, but did a little more this week.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 27s

Kubiak said if can go w 3 TEs that can force defense to use base package and will help running game.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck now

Kubiak said Shaq has toe injury. Should practice Thursday

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 03:29 PM
This could be interesting - maybe Harris won't get to cover Hilton after all:

Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton had an MRI on his foot this week to determine if Hilton is dealing with a significant injury, longtime Colts beat writer Mike Chappell reported Wednesday.

Hilton had one catch for 15 yards in the Colts’ overtime loss at Carolina last Monday, and with the team in a short-week situation this week and then off for a week, it’s possible that Hilton could sit out at least one game even if the MRI does not show structural damage.

There are no other details on Hilton’s status or the results of the MRI.

The Colts host the Broncos Sunday.

Hilton has been listed on the injury report for various ailments throughout the season but has not missed a game. He has 38 catches for 621 yards and 3 touchdowns

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/04/report-t-y-hilton-gets-mri-on-foot/

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#broncos manning on Davis "we are going to try to catch him up to speed as fast as possible"

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 5m5 minutes ago

PM credits DT for "being motivated" in the Green Bay game. Ran sharp routes.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 5m5 minutes ago

Things Peyton Manning not interested in discussing today: Feelings about playing in Indy; records he could break this weekend.

"Teams are playing me on the bootleg, so they're not pursuing the runners as much"- PM joking about that dangerous boot of his.

Joel
11-04-2015, 03:48 PM
No shit he's done more than Ray. Ray has been out with a sprained knee. Or do you not watch the games?
He's been out all of ONE game (and part of the Browns game where he hurt it.) BEFORE injury he had 2 sacks, 3 solos and 1 assisted; Barrett had 3˝ sacks, 11 solos and 6 assisted: "More." While I believe Barrett also logged more snaps (i.e. opportunities) in those first 5 games, there's a reason for THAT, too. So yeah, I ​watch the games. ;)

SR
11-04-2015, 03:53 PM
He's been out all of ONE game (and part of the Browns game where he hurt it.) BEFORE injury he had 2 sacks, 3 solos and 1 assisted; Barrett had 3˝ sacks, 11 solos and 6 assisted: "More." While I believe Barrett also logged more snaps (i.e. opportunities) in those first 5 games, there's a reason for THAT, too. So yeah, I ​watch the games. ;)

But you discredit Ray like he was some scrub before he got hurt.

SR
11-04-2015, 03:54 PM
You guys are on pace for breaking the record for how many times you post the same tweets in a day.

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 57s58 seconds ago

.@VernonDavis85: "Last night I was laying in my bed, and I couldn't sleep. I was thinking, 'This is Kubiak, Peyton ....' I can't wait."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

.@VernonDavis85: "I feel like a rookie all over again. ... It's coming together. ... Different, but I'll get it."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 42s43 seconds ago

.@VernonDavis85 on 49ers: "It's tough to play with a team where you don't have everything you need."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 47s47 seconds ago

.@VernonDavis85 on Broncos: "I don't know what's going to happen. But I know it's going to be damn good."

SR
11-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Hopefully he plays his ass off.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck now

Kubiak said pleased that team playing fast and practicing fast. Entering tough environment at Lucas Oil Stadium

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m

Manning said effort on run blocking a big part of improvement. Manning said his bootleg runs keep teams honest. Said it with tongue in cheek

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m

#broncos manning on Davis "we are going to try to catch him up to speed as fast as possible"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m

#broncos DT called the acquisition of Davis amazing. "Gives us more weapons"

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:00 PM

"Teams are playing me on the bootleg, so they're not pursuing the runners as much"- PM joking about that dangerous boot of his.
He's entitled to laugh, but the boot's becoming effective: It would've scored an elusive passing TD Sunday if Caldwell hadn't spazzed and needlessly handchecked a defender (and if the refs weren't calling every little and imaginary thing on us while ignoring GBs expiring play clocks.) But that set up—in more ways than one—a well blocked 20 yd TD run off tackle on the very next play, which is just as valuable. He also had a couple more nice boot passes to our previously MIA TEs.

Good run surge and pass protection gives us a balanced offense, and a balanced Broncos offense has the weapons to be as lethal as our D; that's scary. Those 3 TE sets with a stud Davis and remergent Daniels and Green are an intriguing idea, provided Kubes doesn't outsmart himself. It doesn't have to be fancy or sneaky, just versatile and effective.

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m7 minutes ago

Davis was careful to say marginally nice things re: Kaepernick and Alex Smith, but you can read into the way he gushed about Peyton.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

A lot of players talking about how much they want to win for Manning this week. #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#broncos Brandon Marshall said he's never faced TE who runs routes as well as Vernon Davis

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m7 minutes ago

Davis was careful to say marginally nice things re: Kaepernick and Alex Smith, but you can read into the way he gushed about Peyton.

In fairness, eagerness to be part of a first ballot HoFers final SB run isn't necessarily a slap in the faces of Kaep or Smith. I personally think Smith underrated; he's looked good throwing the times I've seen him, but his WRs (especially in KC) have usually been all crap. No wonder he went to Davis so much in SF; look at his WR options.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

A lot of players talking about how much they want to win for Manning this week. #broncos
#It'sNOTatrap

#broncos Brandon Marshall said he's never faced TE who runs routes as well as Vernon Davis
What a contrast from the guy who spent the 2014 specifically practing route trees (probably because Manning was tired of him "just getting open" instead of being where expected.) Also, a great and willing blocker, as opposed to an awful unwilling one. Only time I recall Orange Julius "blocking" was when he blew out Calais Campbells knee when Clady'd already had him contained, earning us a nice little chop block penalty.

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 04:28 PM
In fairness, eagerness to be part of a first ballot HoFers final SB run isn't necessarily a slap in the faces of Kaep or Smith. I personally think Smith underrated; he's looked good throwing the times I've seen him, but his WRs (especially in KC) have usually been all crap. No wonder he went to Davis so much in SF; look at his WR options.

It's funny that when Kaep took over in SF, he was looked at as the savior, a dynamic player who was everything that Smith was not and he would put them over the hump to win a Super Bowl. Now Kaep is benched and Smith continues to be at least average over in KC. It's still amazing how fast that SF rocket went down.

VonDoom
11-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

#broncos Ryan Harris said was oblivious to joe Thomas trade talks. "I can't deal with hypotheticals. I am happy here. We are playing well."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

Vernon Davis eyes opened wide when I asked about Peyton-led O: "Wow. I've never had this before. This is a completely different world."

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Vernon Davis teaming with Peyton Manning a dream come true

video - http://dptv.denverpost.com/2015/11/04/vernon-davis-teaming-with-peyton-manning-a-dream-come-true/

Joel
11-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Vernon Davis teaming with Peyton Manning a dream come true

video - http://dptv.denverpost.com/2015/11/04/vernon-davis-teaming-with-peyton-manning-a-dream-come-true/
Yeah; bet Davis is also happy. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 06:37 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peyton Manning's first return to Indianapolis saw the dam burst on a flood of emotion from player and Colts fans alike.

In the moments prior to the game on Oct. 20, 2013, a tribute video to the Colts' all-time passing leader played on the video boards near the top of Lucas Oil Stadium. A long standing ovation ensued. And although Manning refocused, he acknowledged that the tribute -- and the crushing buildup toward it -- left him drained and "in some ways, somewhat relieved this game is over."

Sunday's return to the Crossroads of America is different. This time, it's just a business trip -- albeit one in which he can break two of the league's most treasured records: wins by a starting quarterback and all-time passing yards.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-downplays-his-return-to-Indianapolis/5423787f-5e95-4a6d-a444-783460c3dbd1

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Press conferences:

Manning on returning to Indianapolis

Peyton Manning talks about the difference in returning to Indianapolis this season as opposed to two years ago, as the Broncos get set to face the Colts.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_on_returning_to_Indianapolis/2d812dc1-fcba-496d-8c29-ba528010ed6a

Thomas on Colts defense: 'They fly around'

Demaryius Thomas talks about facing the Colts this week, saying he doesn't really think about last season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas_on_Colts_defense_They_fly_around/cf7e2dbf-3a7e-40c7-873a-8a84ea64b460

Wolfe talks AFC Defensive Player of the Week

After being named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week, Derek Wolfe talks about now having to prepare for Andrew Luck.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Wolfe_talks_AFC_Defensive_Player_of_the_Week/eec87430-40eb-4027-b384-57d27db9ab6b

Kubiak: 'We practiced very fast'

Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about Vernon Davis joining the team and how the team is getting ready to face the Colts.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak_We_practiced_very_fast/245caa0e-7fd1-4cf3-b46b-cff2aec90d28

Davis on taking field with Broncos: 'I can't wait'

Newly acquired TE Vernon Davis talks about his first practice with the Broncos on Wednesday, and what it will be like playing with Peyton Manning.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Davis_on_taking_field_with_Broncos_I_cant_wait/4b79dac0-eab2-46ef-9468-e1dec188782e

NightTerror218
11-04-2015, 10:13 PM

Ray was injure in beginning of 1st quarter so basically missed 2 games. Which is just under 1/3 of the total games played.

Ray is also backing up Miller and Shaq is backing up Ware. Ware takes more breaks in games then Miller.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Jordan Norwood ‏@JordaNorwood 12h

Welp. Safe to say I fell in love today.
Franni Grace Norwood | 8lbs. 7oz. | 21in | 11.4.15

Yashahla17
11-05-2015, 11:56 AM
It's funny that when Kaep took over in SF, he was looked at as the savior, a dynamic player who was everything that Smith was not and he would put them over the hump to win a Super Bowl. Now Kaep is benched and Smith continues to be at least average over in KC. It's still amazing how fast that SF rocket went down.

If andy reid had kaepernick he'd still be starting. Andy reid gets emotionally attached to quarterback and refuses to make a change. Alex smith should have been benched. Kaepernick will land another starting job somewhere.

Yashahla17
11-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Press conferences:

Manning on returning to Indianapolis

Peyton Manning talks about the difference in returning to Indianapolis this season as opposed to two years ago, as the Broncos get set to face the Colts.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_on_returning_to_Indianapolis/2d812dc1-fcba-496d-8c29-ba528010ed6a

Thomas on Colts defense: 'They fly around'

Demaryius Thomas talks about facing the Colts this week, saying he doesn't really think about last season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas_on_Colts_defense_They_fly_around/cf7e2dbf-3a7e-40c7-873a-8a84ea64b460

Wolfe talks AFC Defensive Player of the Week

After being named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week, Derek Wolfe talks about now having to prepare for Andrew Luck.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Wolfe_talks_AFC_Defensive_Player_of_the_Week/eec87430-40eb-4027-b384-57d27db9ab6b

Kubiak: 'We practiced very fast'

Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about Vernon Davis joining the team and how the team is getting re'pady to face the Colts.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak_We_practiced_very_fast/245caa0e-7fd1-4cf3-b46b-cff2aec90d28

Davis on taking field with Broncos: 'I can't wait'

Newly acquired TE Vernon Davis talks about his first practice with the Broncos on Wednesday, and what it will be like playing with Peyton Manning.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Davis_on_taking_field_with_Broncos_I_cant_wait/4b79dac0-eab2-46ef-9468-e1dec188782e

Thomas needs to ball out. Davis has shut him down a lot, time to get some pay back and help get us the win.

VonDoom
11-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 22m22 minutes ago

Shaq Barrett (toe) back at practice for the Broncos. Jordan Norwood (hamstring) working with trainers. Shane Ray (knee) still out.

Joel
11-05-2015, 03:21 PM
As the last time that accused of that, I discredited nothing: I simply said Barrett's done MORE, on a UDFAs salary instead of a 1st round picks, both of which are manifestly true. Ray's done well with his few opportunties; Barrett's done better with more.

Ray was injure in beginning of 1st quarter so basically missed 2 games. Which is just under 1/3 of the total games played.

Ray is also backing up Miller and Shaq is backing up Ware. Ware takes more breaks in games then Miller.
As also noted previously, there's a reason Barrett plays more, and it's not that he's Wares backup instead of Millers. Part of it's probably that he's had an extra year to learn the NFL, and Ray may may pick up things fast enough to become the preferred #3 by years end—but so far he hasn't, and watching games or checking stat lines makes the reason equally clear. That's no knock on Ray, but a compliment to Barrett. You recently rapped my knuckles for reading in things that weren't there, but this is the same deal.

If some folks want to believe "discrediting" all my team does is my raison d'etre, nothing can dissuade them. I admit I disliked the pick and still do: Even if Ray made DRoY and First Team All Pro on his first snap, htf do we get him on the field with our other TWO All Pro OLBs? Move Miller to ILB and bench Trevathan? Meanwhile, we spent our 2nd rounder to start the 10th OT drafted, hoping he's a fast learner; turns out he's not: He caused himself a season-ending injury tackling Hillman from behind for a 2 yd gain.

However, all of that's neither here nor there to the self-evident reality that Barrett's done more than Ray on the field, and even if it's only because Wade and Co. prefer Barrett on the field instead of Ray, that also says much about the play of each. Whether a 4th OLB (even a great one) is worth a 1st round pick's a whole other question. ;)

VonDoom
11-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Hillman and Shaq limited. Kubiak said Hillman sore w thigh bruise. Should be full go tomorrow

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 5m5 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Kubiak: "Ronnie will start the game, just like he did last week. I see them (Hillman and Anderson) both as 1s."

Kubiak on when he thought his defense could be "special."

"I felt that way all offseason."

VonDoom
11-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

#broncos Dennison on Davis "First day ran a corner route and it was pretty good," said with a smile

Dennison: "For what we do ... [Paradis has] tied that group (O-line) together. ... He's done a really good job."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 6m6 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison on a rotating O-line: "It's a luxury you usually don't get."

VonDoom
11-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 10m10 minutes ago

Peyton spending a bunch of extra time w Vernon Davis today to get him up to speed

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen 6m6 minutes ago

#Colts WR T.Y. Hilton, still wearing a walking boot, in danger of missing Sunday's game vs. #Broncos:

VonDoom
11-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 3m3 minutes ago

DC Wade Phillips: "[@colts] playing really well; really competitive. ... It's going to be a good game."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 43s43 seconds ago

Phillips on last year's playoff loss to @Colts: "Motivation-wise, with our players who were there ... a big factor."

Wade Phillips on his chicken parm tweet that irked Packers fans: "I never mentioned the Packers anyway. All I said was cheese."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 17m17 minutes ago

Phillips on coverages vs @Colts: "Well have a plan ... but I'm not going to tell everybody what we'll do." #INDvsDEN

Bronco4ever
11-05-2015, 04:24 PM

Interesting quote. Marshall is a hell of a coverage LB, so I trust him in this regard. Davis obviously has great straight line speed. I've just always heard one of the weaker parts of Davis' game was his route running ability. I guess we'll find out if this is true.

Joel
11-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 43s43 seconds ago

Phillips on last year's playoff loss to @Colts: "Motivation-wise, with our players who were there ... a big factor."

That's what I figured, and not just for the D.

Wade Phillips on his chicken parm tweet that irked Packers fans: "I never mentioned the Packers anyway. All I said was cheese."

Dunno what was so outrageous about it; it's like he went all crazy-eyed baby-eating Dick Sherman on them.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 17m17 minutes ago

Phillips on coverages vs @Colts: "Well have a plan ... but I'm not going to tell everybody what we'll do." #INDvsDEN

Naturally. One of (many) things I've enjoyed about Kubiak is that he's frank and tells us what's going on without divulging specifics that tip his hand. He doesn't sugar coat it like Coach Cheerleader when Manning struggles, the line's impotent and/or the RBs aren't taking initiative, but also doesn't break out the remedial chalkboard at press conferences to show the world exactly how he's trying to adapt, correct and improve the offense. You know the proper things get proper attention, but don't find out HOW till Sunday.

VonDoom
11-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m14 minutes ago

@Broncos: .@DeMarcusWare: "You're going into a hornet's nest. ... They have a lot to prove. We've got to play well."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 10m10 minutes ago

.@DeMarcusWare on arrival of @VernonDavis85: "I'm glad I don't have to play against him again." #INDvsDEN

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

@Millerlite40: "Still same Luck, he's just hit a tough patch. ... That's still the same team that beat us."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

.@Millerlite40: "I still don't feel like we're getting enough respect. ... Not time to pat ourselves on the back."

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Ronnie Hillman will get his second straight start at running back Sunday against the Colts. Coach Gary Kubiak said last week that Hillman deserved the role against Green Bay because of his performance in the previous five games.

Running back C.J. Anderson, who started the first five games of the season, is coming off his best game of the season.

Anderson had 14 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown. Hillman had 19 carries for 60 yards and two touchdowns.

"They both played very well," offensive coordinator Rick Dennison said. "They are both are going to get their touches."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29077101/ronnie-hillman-will-start-at-running-back-second

Joel
11-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Anderson had 14 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown. Hillman had 19 carries for 60 yards and two touchdowns.
That amuses me because it's the exact opposite of what most people would expect: Hillman the short yardage powerback, and Anderson the shifty speedster? :confused:

SR
11-05-2015, 05:26 PM
That amuses me because it's the exact opposite of what most people would expect: Hillman the short yardage powerback, and Anderson the shifty speedster? :confused:

That's not what happened.

BroncoJoe
11-05-2015, 05:35 PM

He doesn't watch the games.

Yashahla17
11-05-2015, 05:40 PM

Lol

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Good morning, #BroncosCountry –

There are only a few days before the Broncos head to Indianapolis to take on the Colts for a little revenge from the 2014 playoffs. In the meantime, here are a couple headlines to get caught up on, starting with the defense and John Elway:

1. How the defense was built
There’s no doubt that Hall of Fame quarterback and Broncos GM/Executive VP of Football Operations John Elway has spent plenty of time studying film of opposing defenses. Because of this aptitude for picking apart defenses, Elway has quietly assembled one of the best defenses in NFL history.

Yahoo!’s Frank Schwab broke down how Denver’s elite defense was built over the years, starting from his only inherited player, safety David Bruton Jr., to the draft picks, free agents and undrafted CFA finds of 2014 and 2015 that help make the defense No. 1 this season.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Squeeze-Building-the-defense-and-Norwoods-baby-girl/5089160a-3b49-4e83-b30c-bd10f3f61794

Denver Native (Carol)
11-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Rick Dennison is happy to have Vernon Davis added to the fold, Joe DeCamillis is wary of Indy's special-teams tricks and Wade Phillips expects to see an offense making adjustments.

Dennison welcomes Davis' midseason addition

For Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison, it was love at first corner route.

Newly acquired tight end Vernon Davis is expected to be another fine weapon for QB Peyton Manning and the offense, and Dennison already likes what he's seen through two days of practice.

"[On the] first day he ran a corner route. It was pretty good. We were fine from there on," Dennison said with a wry smile.

rest - plus videos and photos
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Coordinators-Corner-Love-at-first-corner-route-for-Dennison-and-Davis/37e5a3b5-281a-46a0-a41d-8b3db1caf93e

Joel
11-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Hillmans 19 carries got 60 yds (half of them on just two plays.) That's barely 3 yds/att, but the 1 yd TD up the gut and 1 yd 4th qtr conversion off left tackle were key: The first score was the TEAMS first, and the second, at 3:52 in the 4th, let us run 2:36 off the clock EVEN THOUGH WE NEVER GOT ANOTHER FIRST DOWN. Anderson, meanwhile, was all over the field, and picked up big gains just above everywhere, averaging >7 yds/att.

LE (3 rushes, 6 yards)

Att
Yds
TD

Ronnie Hillman (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillRo00.htm)

Juwan Thompson (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomJu01.htm)

LT (5 rushes, 13 yards)

Att
Yds
TD

C.J. Anderson (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeC.00.htm)

LG (5 rushes, 12 yards)

Att
Yds
TD

MD (11 rushes, 60 yards, 3 TD)

Att
Yds
TD

RG (4 rushes, 30 yards)

Att
Yds
TD

RT (3 rushes, 22 yards)

Att
Yds
TD

RE (3 rushes, 17 yards)

Att
Yds
TD

If all you did was watch THAT game—none of our others—which would you say was the powerback, and which the shifty one?

Talking with you is like debating a monkey at the zoo: You rarely hear and never listen, but incessantly yell and fling your shit at people. Put me back on ignore; we were both happier, and you always reply to my posts unread (usually indirectly) anyway. Also, it was entertaining:

"I never read his stupid posts, and here's all the mistakes in the last one: [Bunch of stuff I never said, 'refuted' by things that WERE said, but ignored.]"

SR
11-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah. I dunno how you conclude that Hillman was a short yardage power back just because of his lower YPC. Again I say, that's not what happened.

Joel
11-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Yeah. I dunno how you conclude that Hillman was a short yardage power back just because of his lower YPC. Again I say, that's not what happened.
Because of things like his second effort converting that 3rd and 1 on our last drive when they had him stopped for no gain, and diving up the middle for a 1 yd TD. I didn't say he was GOOD at it; I think he was also the one who got dragged down from behind when Schofield missed a block after Vasquez and Paradis opened a huge deep hole inside (but that may have been Anderson: Without watching the games, I can't be sure. ;)) I know Anderson was finding holes and making cuts though, not just running over people.

Yashahla17
11-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Dude what are you talking about? You say the most illogical things ever. Your sitting here making up stuff that makes no sense to justify saying hillman is a short yardage back.

Joel
11-06-2015, 03:24 AM
Dude what are you talking about? You say the most illogical things ever. Your sitting here making up stuff that makes no sense to justify saying hillman is a short yardage back.
Holy crap, people, it was a JOKE: I know how they're built, and how we use them—I also know how each played in that game, and Anderson was the guy slicing through tight holes and zig-zagging around tacklers, while Hillman was the guy putting his head down and plowing ahead inside, then grunting out an extra yard when necessary. It's not how they're built nor usually play, but THAT day it WAS how they played. I didn't make up three Hillman plays cited: I WATCHED them.

Frankly, I think it's past time we retired that insultingly rhetorical question. If it were 10-20 years ago it might be legitimate; I "watched" several of our 2006 games (including the D-Wills final one, with a playoff berth at stake) as NFL.com play-by-plays because I was out of region and the few streams available were practically unwatchable. But this is 2015, and it's safe to say EVERYONE here watches ALL our games unless work or family intervene (and most simply watch on DVR later then.)

That is, the sincerity of "do you watch the games?" isn't even remotely plausible: It's merely a snide way to say, "you're a moron." It's not even original anymore, just worn out.

SR
11-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Well Joel, I've been warned too many times and can't just come out and say "you're a moron", so what do you want me to do?

Joel
11-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Well Joel, I've been warned too many times and can't just come out and say "you're a moron", so what do you want me to do?
Heed the warnings? Granny used to tell us "if you can't say anything nice...." I dunno, man; point me to a play where Hillman ran like we're used to seeing Hillman run and Anderson like Anderson, instead of just the opposite: I saw a lot of the opposite and very little of the usual.

SR
11-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Heed the warnings? Granny used to tell us "if you can't say anything nice...." I dunno, man; point me to a play where Hillman ran like we're used to seeing Hillman run and Anderson like Anderson, instead of just the opposite: I saw a lot of the opposite and very little of the usual.

I don't have time to sit and dissect every single run play during the game. But I do know that how they were used was not in reverse of how it usually happens. Yeah, Hillman had a couple short gainers for first down and CJ had a couple really nice long runs, but that doesn't mean they were used the opposite of their "role". Hell, you probably could've ran that 28 yarder in for a TD.

VonDoom
11-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Mike Chappell ‏@mchappell51 11m11 minutes ago

No sign of TY Hilton as #colts open practice. I doubt he plays, but that's me.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

My $0.02: Sunday's game has no impact for Colts on their common-opponent tiebreaker w/ division foes. So why risk Hilton if he's injured?

underrated29
11-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Mike Chappell ‏@mchappell51 11m11 minutes ago

No sign of TY Hilton as #colts open practice. I doubt he plays, but that's me.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

My $0.02: Sunday's game has no impact for Colts on their common-opponent tiebreaker w/ division foes. So why risk Hilton if he's injured?

So talin on Andre, Harris on moncrief- I like that very much. We just need to corral the TEs fleener and Dwayne. Luck should eat dirt at least 8 times this game

NightTerror218
11-06-2015, 02:27 PM
We have no outstanding return man. Steelers just released theirs Drive archer for Jacoby jones. Take a flier on Drive Archer? 2nd yr pro, 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. Small, fast running back who fielded all returns.

Yashahla17
11-06-2015, 02:52 PM
We have no outstanding return man. Steelers just released theirs Drive archer for Jacoby jones. Take a flier on Drive Archer? 2nd yr pro, 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. Small, fast running back who fielded all returns.

Isn't Omar Bolden almost back from injury? He's a pretty good returner

VonDoom
11-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 18m18 minutes ago

#Broncos injury report: Jordan Norwood, Shane Ray OUT. Ronnie Hillman QUESTIONABLE.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m18 minutes ago

Ronnie Hillman listed as questionable but will start

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 18m18 minutes ago

Kubiak on Hillman: "It was a lot better today than yesterday." He still expects him to start.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17m17 minutes ago

Kubiak said of playing in Indy "i Won one time there. ... With the Broncos". Manning a big reason why so many opponents lost in Indy

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 16m16 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak hasn't won at Indy in a long time. He admitted it is a tough place to play.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

Kubiak said Davis had good week of practice. Will be active. Hope to use him in a limited bushel of plays. #broncos

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 13m13 minutes ago

Bradley Roby is the last player on the field getting extra reps. He has quietly had a very solid year. Playing snaps at corner and safety.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 13m13 minutes ago

Kubiak on @VernonDavis85: "Peyton controls so much of [the offense]. Just another guy for him to take care of."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

Kubiak said Emmanuel Sanders will return punts

Magnificent Seven
11-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Broncos waived Shaquil Barrett?!

The Broncos promoted running back Kapri Bibbs to the active roster and waived linebacker Shaquil Barrett.

Go to injury report.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20151108_DEN@IND

slim
11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
That can't be right.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m

#nfl says that #broncos David Bruton was not fined for hit on #packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 32m

Kubiak said Emmanuel Sanders will return punts

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 39m

Kubiak said Davis had good week of practice. Will be active. Hope to use him in a limited bushel of plays. #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 41m

Kubiak said of playing in Indy "i Won one time there. ... With the Broncos". Manning a big reason why so many opponents lost in Indy

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 43m

Ronnie Hillman listed as questionable but will start

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 44m

Kubiak said that Jordan Norwood has been ruled out. #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h

#Broncos pumping in noise to practice.. Now playing Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills." ....I approve...
4 retweets 22 likes

VonDoom
11-06-2015, 03:41 PM

Go to injury report.

Certainly incorrect. Barrett is even listed on this "injury report" as questionable, so he would have to still be on the team, no? Also, Ray and Norwood listed as questionable on this report when they've both been ruled out. This is either a lazy cut and paste job or just plain bad reporting.

underrated29
11-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Kapri Bibbs!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2015, 04:26 PM
The newest Bronco will play Sunday, and likely go up against his brother.

Tight end Vernon Davis, who was acquired via trade, is still learning the Broncos' playbook but knows enough, Kubiak said, to warrant being active and getting time against the Colts.

"I feel very good about the things that we've asked him to do this week," Kubiak said. "Hopefully he'll be a big part and help us out."

Davis is the brother of Colts cornerback Vontae Davis.

rest - other stuff - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29082164/vernon-davis-be-active-play-vs-colts

DenBronx
11-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden = awful music.

I demand anyone that owns that awful album to set it on fire immediately.

Joel
11-06-2015, 05:20 PM

Go to injury report.

Certainly incorrect. Barrett is even listed on this "injury report" as questionable, so he would have to still be on the team, no? Also, Ray and Norwood listed as questionable on this report when they've both been ruled out. This is either a lazy cut and paste job or just plain bad reporting.

No, it's TRUE, the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26764719/kapri-bibbs-signed-by-broncos-active-roster-shaquil-barrett-waived) and several others confirm the same story: The Broncos promoted Bibbs and waived Barrett thirteen months ago.

Way to keep up with the late breaking news, CBS. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Jeff Legwold ESPN Staff Writer

After Broncos practice Friday there was a quality moment when 313-pound nose tackle Sylvester Williams wanted to know what he needed to do to join Broncos secondary's "no-fly zone" because Williams had dropped into coverage last Sunday against the Packers and the pass was not completed. Consensus was if he continued to pressure opposing quarterbacks and get sobs sacks he could "join."

Joel
11-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Jeff Legwold ESPN Staff Writer

After Broncos practice Friday there was a quality moment when 313-pound nose tackle Sylvester Williams wanted to know what he needed to do to join Broncos secondary's "no-fly zone" because Williams had dropped into coverage last Sunday against the Packers and the pass was not completed. Consensus was if he continued to pressure opposing quarterbacks and get sobs sacks he could "join."

I've heard of zone dogs, but a 3-4 NT in coverage is a new one on me.... :lol:

Yashahla17
11-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Cant wait to see kapri bibbs!!!!

VonDoom
11-06-2015, 07:03 PM

You'll be waiting a while, since that was an old news story

MOtorboat
11-06-2015, 07:15 PM

You'll have to keep waiting.

Dzone
11-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Any surprise that Nate Irving is out for Sundays game? Has that dude ever not been injured? So glad he is no longer a bronco. Hes a china doll

Yashahla17
11-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Wow i thought bibbs was finally going to get a crack at it

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Injury Report: Week 9

The week 9 injury report with Alan Roach.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Injury_Report_Week_9/13de3b48-a3ea-4ef6-89dc-7d58b8b9b7c7

This is the first I have heard that Peyton has a sore shoulder

Simple Jaded
11-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden = awful music.

I demand anyone that owns that awful album to set it on fire immediately.

X4bgXH3sJ2Q

Yashahla17
11-07-2015, 02:37 AM
Injury Report: Week 9

The week 9 injury report with Alan Roach.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Injury_Report_Week_9/13de3b48-a3ea-4ef6-89dc-7d58b8b9b7c7

This is the first I have heard that Peyton has a sore shoulder

Oh boy so the breaking down of the body starts yet again after 7-8 games :(

Valar Morghulis
11-07-2015, 03:16 AM
I really want Peyton back next year so that I can watch yash17 lose his mind!

Yashahla17
11-07-2015, 03:52 AM
I really want Peyton back next year so that I can watch yash17 lose his mind!

Please dont do that to me.

Joel
11-07-2015, 04:41 AM
Any surprise that Nate Irving is out for Sundays game? Has that dude ever not been injured? So glad he is no longer a bronco. Hes a china doll
You people gotta start scaring me like this: First I thought we'd waived Barrett, then I thought cutting Irving was just a dream.

Wow i thought bibbs was finally going to get a crack at it
Not likely; the bye got most folks healthy and Anderson and Hillman just ran all over GB, so why would we activate the 4th string RB?

Yashahla17
11-07-2015, 05:07 AM
You people gotta start scaring me like this: First I thought we'd waived Barrett, then I thought cutting Irving was just a dream.

Not likely; the bye got most folks healthy and Anderson and Hillman just ran all over GB, so why would we activate the 4th string RB?

Why? Because hillman has a bruised thoigh and anderson hurts every where so activating juwann or bibbs seems lgical.

Joel
11-07-2015, 05:45 AM
Why? Because hillman has a bruised thoigh and anderson hurts every where so activating juwann or bibbs seems lgical.
Juwan's already active, he just only got one carry last week (for -1.) Why do you think that was...?

We've run with three active RBs as far back as I recall, so don't expect that to change. Bibbs gets activated if one of the top three can't play, just as Anderson was inactive as long as we had Moreno, Ball and Hillman. We only get 48 on game day.

Ziggy
11-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Juwan's already active, he just only got one carry last week (for -1.) Why do you think that was...?

We've run with three active RBs as far back as I recall, so don't expect that to change. Bibbs gets activated if one of the top three can't play, just as Anderson was inactive as long as we had Moreno, Ball and Hillman. We only get 48 on game day.

He played fullback last week.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Road trip: Indianapolis

Photos

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Road-trip-Indianapolis/544fd72e-06a1-4bc4-8946-31a88ab32f7d