PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis to Denver.

Pages : [1] 2

tripp
11-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Here we go: 49ers trading TE Vernon Davis to Denver for 6th- and 7th-round picks this year, and a 6th-round pick in 2017, sources tell ESPN.

Not sure if this is OK to post here... but big news regardless. BOOM goes the dynamite.

I love it, but love the way Virgil Green played yesterday. We looked like the old offense of 2 years ago when we used the TE's like we did yesterday. I think this speaks more about Owen Daniels play than it does Virgil Green as we did resign Virgil Green in the off-season so we do like what we see from him.

Canmore
11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Here we go: 49ers trading TE Vernon Davis to Denver for 6th- and 7th-round picks this year, and a 6th-round pick in 2017, sources tell ESPN.

Not sure if this is OK to post here... but big news regardless.

Wow!

Timmy!
Just saw this flash on ESPN. Awesome. Elway just pushed all the chips in.

elsid13
Ugh, prefer O line

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I like this. Awesome pick up... gotta keep feeding Virgil though. I was impressed with what he showed last night after finally getting a chance to have some passes thrown his way. Owen was great as well, but I'm much less convinced that he's a reliable option week in and week out.

A 2 TE set with Virgil and Vernon has me drooling.

tripp
11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Ugh, prefer O line

Kind of feel that way a bit too because of Sambrailo, but I mean this helps a lot. I think this helps the O-line indirectly. But would love love love to see us grab someone to help out with the O-line definitely.

tubby
11-02-2015, 05:17 PM
We finally got VD.

tripp
11-02-2015, 05:18 PM
If Adam Schefter tweeting it isn't enough confirmation, the G.O.A.T just tweeted it too.

John ElwayVerified account
‏@johnelway
We've agreed to trade for two-time Pro Bowl TE Vernon Davis from SF. He'll be a valuable addition to our team w/his experience & leadership.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I like this. Awesome pick up... gotta keep feeding Virgil though.

We can run 2 TE sets with Green and Davis.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2015, 05:20 PM

Yeah, I just edited after I thought about that haha. The few times we ran the 2 TE sets last night were encouraging. The possibilities with Vernon here now are really exciting.

GEM
11-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Holy **** yes!!!

BroncoNut
11-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Technically that would be 1 set

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Wow, Elway does it again. For 2 6ths and a 7th we are basically getting him for free. Awesome, awesome move. He is definitely going for broke to try to get us a title this year and I love it.

I kinda wanted o-line too, but they have been playing much better lately and another weapon in the passing game was much needed. Davis has always been one of my favorite players and I am pumped to have him here!

GEM
11-02-2015, 05:23 PM
I was just looking at NFL.com and hit the home button and the first story read Niners agree to trade him to Denver...I was like wha??!! :dance:

We all would like OL help, but if they aren't available and your offense shows signs of missing that other Thomas dude, I'll take Vernon in a freakin heartbeat! Yea yea yea!!!!!

BroncoNut
11-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Good stuff

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
We have our new slot receiver.

Dapper Dan
11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
That. Is. Awesome.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 05:29 PM
I wonder how soon he'll play. Is it a terrible idea to have him sit and learn the offense a couple weeks before being in the line-up? If we waited until the Patriots for him to see game time it would give us an advantage because they wouldn't be able to game plan for him.

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 05:31 PM
I wonder how soon he'll play. Is it a terrible idea to have him sit and learn the offense a couple weeks before being in the line-up? If we waited until the Patriots for him to see game time it would give us an advantage because they wouldn't be able to game plan for him.

No way I would sit him. Teach him a few plays this week and let him get maybe 10-15 snaps against Indy and slowly work his way in.

DenBronx
Wowwww yeah we talked about it and talked about it. Front office must have saw what us fans saw. Glad they made the much needed move and hope it helps. All in this year.

Canmore
He'll play.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 05:33 PM
LOL - guys, the OL is coming together. We don't need more of them. We need Davis!

This is amazing, unbelievable, outstanding, fantastic. My goodness. He will absolutely help the OL by just having him out there on the field.

iLands
11-02-2015, 05:34 PM
The tweet was ambiguous. We didn't give three picks. We gave two sixes for Vernon and a seven.

GEM
11-02-2015, 05:36 PM
The tweet was ambiguous. We didn't give three picks. We gave two sixes for Vernon and a seven.

I just read that they swapped the 6th and 7th this coming draft and gave the 6 in the following year. :shrugs: If that's true, Mile High Robbery!

CoachChaz
11-02-2015, 05:37 PM
He was cheap for a reason. 31...underachiever...dealing with a knee injury.

Wouldn't expect all that much...this isn't the 2009 version.

GEM
11-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Found where I read that, Adam Schefter's facebook:

So just to be clear in Vernon Davis trade: SF and Denver swapping 6th and 7th round picks in 2016, and 49ers get Denver's 6th in 2017.
https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/?fref=nf

VonDoom
11-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Wow, Elway does it again. For 2 6ths and a 7th we are basically getting him for free. Awesome, awesome move. He is definitely going for broke to try to get us a title this year and I love it.

I kinda wanted o-line too, but they have been playing much better lately and another weapon in the passing game was much needed. Davis has always been one of my favorite players and I am pumped to have him here!

It's actually even better than that. Schefter clarified - it's two sixths from us for Davis and a seventh. Nice! I want to see more Virgil, especially after yesterday, but Davis > Daniels

Vic also said we inquired about Joe Thomas, so we'll see

weazel
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
nice pickup for basically nothing

Northman
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Davis comes way cheaper than JT and he is much better.

DenBronx
11-02-2015, 05:40 PM

I just read that they swapped the 6th and 7th this coming draft and gave the 6 in the following year. :shrugs: If that's true, Mile High Robbery!

Damn good deal for the Broncos. Even if we didn't swap them it would still be a good deal. We robbed the 49ers.

I am happy about this move. Really excited to see if this helps our offense. We could end up being really scary especially since our run game has come alive.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 05:42 PM

Yep, he has wr speed.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Holy hell. It's always weird when my team decides to pull a fantasy trade off just for the hell of it. "Are we missing Julius Thomas as a weapon? Fine, let me get you an explosive TE who can also block, which JT couldn't."

Vernon will welcome Peyton's wobbly ducks because Peyton will actually remember he's on the damn field, unlike Kapernick. If you think your blocking will knit together then you don't want to disrupt the OL AGAIN with a new addition, and Vernon will give Manning that quick-hit outlet in the middle of the field if he's getting pressured.

More weapons = single coverage or zone, and not a lot of teams can single cover DT, Davis and Sanders. Makes it harder to blitz, and as our line gets it together that should make getting to Manning with just 4 much harder as well. Good times.

Thanks Elway! :salute: Let's see if we can get that 2nd ring for Manning after all.

weazel
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
We finally got VD.

Elway's been trying to get VD for a while, that's why he married a raiders cheerleader

G_Money
11-02-2015, 05:47 PM
It's actually even better than that. Schefter clarified - it's two sixths from us for Davis and a seventh. Nice! I want to see more Virgil, especially after yesterday, but Davis > Daniels

Vic also said we inquired about Joe Thomas, so we'll see

The 7th is only gonna be a few spots lower than our 6th, so really... it's a single 6th rounder.

Joe Thomas would be outstanding (and I'd be happy to unsettle the line again momentarily to make that happen). I can't even imagine that happening... but we just added Vernon for nothing, so bring it on.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM

You don't think the QB in SF had anything to do with his "underachiever" status?

CoachChaz
11-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Yep, he has wr speed.

Lol....not in the last few years he hasn't

Northman
The only downer about Davis is he does get banged up. But when healthy he is a beast and with Kaep playing like total ass this year he is just wasting away in SF right now.

Canmore
You don't think the QB in SF had anything to do with his "underachiever" status?

Does San Fran have a quarterback?

Northman
11-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Does San Fran have a quarterback?

No..

underrated29
11-02-2015, 05:50 PM
I cant tell you how much I love this. You all know how much I wanted Vernon when he came out. So pumped!

CoachChaz
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM

For 10 years? No.

Buff
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM
So does he take Sambrailo's roster spot? Or do we cut somebody else to clear space?

Davis coming out of the combine was like the most athletically freakish athlete ever, as I recall - not sure how much injuries have slowed him, but either way he instantly becomes our most talented TE.

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 05:52 PM
For 10 years? No.

Wut?

G_Money
11-02-2015, 05:53 PM

Davis is better than any TE on the roster, so it's an immediate improvement. And the difference between Colin K. and Peyton M. should be immediately apparent in Vernon's usage. We don't need him to be 2009 VD. We need him to make plays for Manning that our mediocre TEs can't downfield. They got half the TE yardage for the year in the game against GB - they've been basically invisible. If he stays healthy, I like his chances to do better.

weazel
11-02-2015, 05:53 PM
I cant tell you how much I love this. You all know how much I wanted Vernon when he came out. So pumped!

I didn't even know he was gay, does he know about your feelings?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Lol....not in the last few years he hasn't

I'm talking Mike Williams speed.

silkamilkamonico
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Davis is a mere shell of himself, but I think he can help a little in Denver.

silkamilkamonico
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm talking Mike Williams speed.

lol not even. Maybe like 5 years ago he had Mike WIlliams speed, and I'm talking slow Mike WIlliams speed. He has average TE NFL speed now.

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
You have do wonder how much of VD's falling off has to do with having such shitty QB play. I think this offense is perfect for him and you will see a strong rejuvenation from him.

silkamilkamonico
11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
He can still read defenses and run routes and catch balls so I think he'll still be an upgrade.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Elway you son of a gun!!!!!! Yesssssss we got a fricking lethal tight end lol. This is the final peace we needed. Love it. Lets go baby.

weazel
11-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Elway you son of a gun!!!!!! Yesssssss we got a fricking lethal tight end lol. This is the final peace we needed. Love it. Lets go baby.

I thought Brock was?

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I like this. Awesome pick up... gotta keep feeding Virgil though. I was impressed with what he showed last night after finally getting a chance to have some passes thrown his way. Owen was great as well, but I'm much less convinced that he's a reliable option week in and week out.

A 2 TE set with Virgil and Vernon has me drooling.

Yessss davis and green in two tight end sets gives us a whole nother element. We dont have to go 3-4 wideout sets and sacrifice the run game. With sanders thomas on the outside and davis and green inside we should definitely be able to run and move the ball for touchdowns.

Northman
Davis inconsistencies have a lot to do with a lack of QB in SF.

LTC Pain
How long is Vernon Davis signed for? Is he a FA this summer?

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
I thought Brock was?

#styledon
#popgoestheweazel
#puttemintheyashtray
#rebuttal
#oneliner
#thatboydead
#callhismomma
#ohlawd

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 06:06 PM
#styledon
#popgoestheweazel
#puttemintheyashtray
#rebuttal
#oneliner
#thatboydead
#callhismomma
#ohlawd

You left out the best one

#yashistrash

sneakers
11-02-2015, 06:07 PM
ppppp

underrated29
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I didn't even know he was gay, does he know about your feelings?

Ive put a lot of love out there. I hope so

gregbroncs
Ugh, prefer O lineAfter the way the O-line has played the last 2 games? I think they are going to be fine at O-line.

Poet
You left out the best one

#yashistrash

I was trying out the yashtray line. My bad.

Dreadnought
11-02-2015, 06:11 PM
On the downside, I am with Coach Chaz. I don't think he brings all that much at this stage of his career. So...feh. I'm not a huge fan of the move, though I don't really object either.

OTOH, he was practically free, and Sambraillo's spot is open. Listening to Kubes on NFL radio this evening he said he is looking at Davis as a help for Daniels and Green, which makes sense

weazel
11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
On the downside, I am with Coach Chaz. I don't think he brings all that much at this stage of his career. So...feh. I'm not a huge fan of the move, though I don't really object either.

OTOH, he was practically free, and Sambraillo's spot is open. Listening to Kubes on NFL radio this evening he said he is looking at Davis as a help for Daniels and Green, which makes sense

This is how I feel as well.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
After the way the O-line has played the last 2 games? I think they are going to be fine at O-line.

Agreed.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:15 PM

I actually think you will be pleasantly surprised. The situation in SF is abysmal especially at QB so with the fact that Davis is actually on a contender with real QB i think he can be a difference maker. Plus, we got him dirt cheap.

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:17 PM
I actually think you will be pleasantly surprised. The situation in SF is abysmal especially at QB so with the fact that Davis is actually on a contender with real QB i think he can be a difference maker. Plus, we got him dirt cheap.

Davis ran a 4.2 at the combine. If he is a lot slower than that, he's still going to be faster than a lot of the big time Te's right now. He still blocks like a man, too.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 06:20 PM

I take free improvements, especially since we're thin at TE anyway. Daniels gets injured and we're moving Garcia outside of the tackle for some plays. It wouldn't be pretty. Richard Gordon? Please, that guy needs to never suit up for us.

If we plan to run two-TE sets, then we'd better have more than two game-capable TEs on the roster. This fixes that deficiency, and gets a player who knows how to make plays back out there at the position as well as block. I don't need Vernon to be the focal point of the offense - just to catch the winning TD against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game, Dwight-Clark style.

GEM
11-02-2015, 06:21 PM
#styledon
#popgoestheweazel
#puttemintheyashtray
#rebuttal
#oneliner
#thatboydead
#callhismomma
#ohlawd

#lovemesomeking!

G_Money
11-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Davis ran a 4.2 at the combine. If he is a lot slower than that, he's still going to be faster than a lot of the big time Te's right now. He still blocks like a man, too.

He'll be faster than Owen Daniels, who might as well be Owen Meany.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:22 PM
#lovemesomeking!

#Gemthetraitorlovingpapertigers

GEM
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM

#Hatehisteamfullofgingerfreaks

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Imdont see how,he underachieving when kaepernick is a terrible thrower. We dont need to rush davis into the line up. If hes dealing with something then we can let him chill for a week or two before throwing him in

Dzone
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
His brother is a cornerback for the Colts.

Northman
#Hatehisteamfullofgingerfreaks

Alright, that shit was pretty funny. lol

Poet

I bet my team wins as many, if not more, as yours does.

And you can't shame GEM for loving me. She won't reconsider.

Yashahla17
I thought Brock was?

If peyton goes back to playing like shit brock will play and brock will win. Either way brock takes over next year with a ton of weapons and a elite defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2015, 06:27 PM
On Davis' twitter

Omar C. Bolden Verified account ‏@Os_Island 50m50 minutes ago

Welcome Vernon Davis

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:27 PM
I bet my team wins as many, if not more, as yours does.

I dont know, i feel the force fading with your team and gaining with ours.

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Brock isn't taking Manning's job this season, sans injury. Stop that.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:28 PM
If peyton goes back to playing like shit brock will play and brock will win. Either way brock takes over next year with a ton of weapons and a elite defense.

Brock wont see the field unless we start losing a lot of games. And i mean more than one or two. Brock will get his shot but until this team plummets under Manning he wont see the field.

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:29 PM
I dont know, i feel the force fading with your team and gaining with ours.

I expect Cincinnati to drop several games. We might even lose to you in the regular season. I still like our roster better than yours, and the only team that I think beats us automatically is New England.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
I expect Cincinnati to drop several games. We might even lose to you in the regular season. I still like our roster better than yours, and the only team that I think beats us automatically is New England.

Em, i dont know. Outside of Green i like our stable of WR's more than yours. With Manning being old and inconsistent its almost a push between him and Dalton right now (thats not a slight to either). Defensively i like us more even though the Bengals are no slouches. I think you guys have better backs than us though. So im not sure what part of your roster you like more than ours so maybe you can elaborate.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Elway in his conference said the plan is to get him on the field ASAP. Probably for a bit this Sunday.

:boner:

Joel
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM
I was just looking at NFL.com and hit the home button and the first story read Niners agree to trade him to Denver...I was like wha??!! :dance:

We all would like OL help, but if they aren't available and your offense shows signs of missing that other Thomas dude, I'll take Vernon in a freakin heartbeat! Yea yea yea!!!!!
That's the great thing about it though: A GENUINE TE kills two birds with one stones. I do wonder a bit if he can be worked into the offense in time to make a real difference: After two tortuous MONTHS and a bye, we FINALLY got it working on all cylinders, against a good team; I'm not sure I wanna screw with what's belatedly working so well.

I dunno, bringing in the entire coaching staff Houston fired, shedding dead weight on the line, actually spending a draft pick higher than FOURTH there, and now trading for Davis; it's hard to argue with Elway doing all the stuff I've been screaming for for so long. Well, not EVERYTHING: That would take a time machine. ;)

Also, after typing and heavily editing (believe it or not) that long Football 101 thread, imagine my surprise to flip over to Broncos Talk and see "Sambrailo out for season" followed by "Broncos talking to Browns about Thomas" to "Vernon Davis to Broncos." My eyes literally went from wide to wider to "OW!"

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:37 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11215112_10206288103054614_1547024654565166618_n.j pg?oh=ab43defbefe6aca909298f25bed51605&oe=56AF9266

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Em, i dont know. Outside of Green i like our stable of WR's more than yours. With Manning being old and inconsistent its almost a push between him and Dalton right now (thats not a slight to either). Defensively i like us more even though the Bengals are no slouches. I think you guys have better backs than us though. So im not sure what part of your roster you like more than ours so maybe you can elaborate.

D. Thomas and Green are a wash. Sanders is better than Jones, but you have no third WR, Sanu is solid, and Eifert by himself trumps all your tight ends. Manning and Dalton are a wash, which is weird. I certainly like our offensive line more than yours, our running backs are superior, IMO.

On defense I like our line more than yours. Your linebackers are better, although a healthy Burfict is a top ten defensive player. Your secondary is superior, but they've played better as of late, and have been one of the best DB units over the past years.

Of course, your kick is better because he's not Mike Nugent. **** Mike Nugent.

Both of our head coaches suck, but Marvin Lewis would beat the shit out of Gary Kubiak so there's that.

Bengals 56

Broncos negative 24.

Joel
11-02-2015, 06:42 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11215112_10206288103054614_1547024654565166618_n.j pg?oh=ab43defbefe6aca909298f25bed51605&oe=56AF9266
Did he ACTUALLY say that?! :shocked: I almost feel sorry for Kaep. Not quite (he still looks and sounds more like a guy who deals meth out of a trailer than an NFL QB) but almost.

gregbroncs
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Did he ACTUALLY say that?! :shocked: I almost feel sorry for Kaep. Not quite (he still looks and sounds more like a guy who deals meth out of a trailer than an NFL QB) but almost.nah read the sender. It's still funny though.

underrated29
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM

I cannot agree here.

QB- us
RB- YOU
TE- YOU
WR- us
OL- YOU
DL- us
cb- us
lb- us
S- wash
K- us
P- you
Coaching- us

Do you disagree?
* QB will be you after this year

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Defensive line? Geno Atkins and Dunlap would like to have a word with you. Holy shit. Boy you goin' die.

#WEEATING

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2015, 06:55 PM
So Denver will probably have a very low 6th in '16 and the Niners a -very- high 7th. So I guess this is really just the '17 6th Denver gives up.

Dzone
11-02-2015, 06:58 PM
So Denver will probably have a very low 6th in '16 and the Niners a -very- high 7th. So I guess this is really just the '17 6th Denver gives up.

The niners got fleeced! lol

Poet
11-02-2015, 06:59 PM

I think they were happy to get rid of the headache.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 06:59 PM

A year and a half ago yeah. Manning is far from a ferrari even compared to colin.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Defensive line? Geno Atkins and Dunlap would like to have a word with you. Holy shit. Boy you goin' die.

#WEEATING

Geno Atkins is a absolute monster. I still don't think your DL can rate higher than ours when you're 31st in the league against the run in yards/attempt and we're 4th. People who try to run on you, do. Teams that try to run on us, don't. At least some of that should be a function of the DL, right? It can't all be linebackers. I guess you could chalk it up to scheme, which goes back to coaching. Phillips said he was gonna have fun coaching this unit, and he is.

Really looking forward to that Broncos-Bengals game, though. You're coming to town for that, right? Riiiiight?

underrated29
11-02-2015, 07:01 PM

#WEEATING

I LOVE GENO!!! But they cannot have words with our DL. Its deeper. Geno is better than anyone we have, dunlap too but after that? Johnson is gone otherwise I would say your DL is better.

Poet
11-02-2015, 07:03 PM
I LOVE GENO!!! But they cannot have words with our DL. Its deeper. Geno is better than anyone we have, dunlap too but after that? Johnson is gone otherwise I would say your DL is better.

Johnson is back, Wallace Gilberry, Sims, and Peko. No, yours is not deeper.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
lol not even. Maybe like 5 years ago he had Mike WIlliams speed, and I'm talking slow Mike WIlliams speed. He has average TE NFL speed now.

I would ask you what you're talking about, but I'm not sure you can tell me.

Mike Williams was a 4.6 guy. Vernon Davis was a 4.3 guy in his prime. Even if he's lost a step he's still a 4.5 guy and a lot faster than most TE's out there.

Poet
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Geno Atkins is a absolute monster. I still don't think your DL can rate higher than ours when you're 31st in the league against the run in yards/attempt and we're 4th. People who try to run on you, do. Teams that try to run on us, don't. At least some of that should be a function of the DL, right? It can't all be linebackers. I guess you could chalk it up to scheme, which goes back to coaching. Phillips said he was gonna have fun coaching this unit, and he is.

Really looking forward to that Broncos-Bengals game, though. You're coming to town for that, right? Riiiiight?

Actually, our linebackers have been, and I hate to say this, amongst the worst in the league. A.J. Hawk is horrible, Burfict just got back, Rey is referred to as the abortion.

The talent on the defensive line in Cincinnati is superior. It's not close. The production will improve.

Yeah, G, I'm flying out to Denver and buying tickets for that. Definitely not saving up for anything, like law school.

Please prepare for eternal sadness when the Broncos get shitstomped.

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2015, 07:07 PM

I guess it depends on what Davis can give us. He's got a nagging knee this year.

Paradis and Travathan were 6ths...

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Actually, our linebackers have been, and I hate to say this, amongst the worst in the league. A.J. Hawk is horrible, Burfict just got back, Rey is referred to as the abortion.

The talent on the defensive line in Cincinnati is superior. It's not close. The production will improve.

Yeah, G, I'm flying out to Denver and buying tickets for that. Definitely not saving up for anything, like law school.

The Broncos DL will eat your ginger-bread QB alive and shit him out by halftime.

Joel
11-02-2015, 07:10 PM
D. Thomas and Green are a wash.

I'm dubious, but haven't watched ya'll enough to say. Thomas started last season hurt, then got hurt again, and never really got healthy with the bye coming so early; this year he started gimpy again, but the later bye apparently made a big difference yesterday. You tell me: Could Green have set a SB receptions record against the 2013 Seahawks? With a separated shoulder the final three quarters?

Sanders is better than Jones, but you have no third WR, Sanu is solid, and Eifert by himself trumps all your tight ends. Manning and Dalton are a wash, which is weird. I certainly like our offensive line more than yours, our running backs are superior, IMO.
I'll give you the line, unless yesterday (against an elite front seven) proves more rule than the exception it's been so far; maybe we'll find out together. ;) That almost automatically translates to better RBs, but if the line's for real now and turf toe was the only thing slowing Anderson, it's literally a whole new ball game. That said, ya'lls line has been consistently good the past few years; our has been good all of ONE game, fresh off a bye.

For receivers though, if Eifert's blocking's as bad as you've said, I don't see how he's better than all our TEs now that we have Vernon Davis, and Fowler continues showing signs of being our big, fast legit #3: Norwood appeared to be our 3rd choice Opening Day, but was a healthy scratch yesterday, probably for a reason.

On defense I like our line more than yours. Your linebackers are better, although a healthy Burfict is a top ten defensive player. Your secondary is superior, but they've played better as of late, and have been one of the best DB units over the past years.
What's even slightly wrong with our defensive line? Sly's undersized for a 3-4 NT, and there's no one but PS guys to rotate when he or Kilgo get hurt, but so far our 313 lb. little big man's been a stud at forcing double teams and STILL collapsing pockets (he almost got Rodgers yesterday, but someone else got there first) and Kilgo's been solid relief. The only other flaw I see is Jackson playing a bit too far past the whistle, but, on talent, I'd match them vs. anyone. So, not a knock on ya'll, just not seeing how we CAN be second.

I'm more worried about our ILBs, because I believe Marshall's locked into playing on a broken foot the rest of the year, and among his and Trevathans backups, "the big one" is listed at 230. Put that with Slys size and concentrated blockers and Bernard could rumble for a ways inside unless Jackson or Wolfe beats a block or Ware, Miller or Ward gets there fast. Then again, I just named three Pro Bowlers and couple big fast run-stuffing DEs, so....

If anything, I'm more worried about Ward in coverage: A clothes line is NOT "coverage," TJ. ;)

Hey, at least you "get" to play us at Mile High: Green Bays kicker's a bum, but still hit a 55 yarder that would've been good from 60.

Both of our head coaches suck, but Marvin Lewis would beat the shit out of Gary Kubiak so there's that.
OOOOH, I get it now: This is a fantasy. How many times has Lewis beat the shit out of Kubiak, especially on the road in big games? And the reverse?

Several seasons of Belicheat leaving me eating my heart out have taught me not to trash talk before games, but I like our chances at home, even against a top team.

GEM
11-02-2015, 07:12 PM
D. Thomas and Green are a wash. Sanders is better than Jones, but you have no third WR, Sanu is solid, and Eifert by himself trumps all your tight ends. Manning and Dalton are a wash, which is weird. I certainly like our offensive line more than yours, our running backs are superior, IMO.

Bengals 56

Broncos negative 24.

#Watchyoself,King!

:lol:

GEM
11-02-2015, 07:13 PM
I think they were happy to get rid of the headache.

King,

The 9ers did not trade us Kaep.

Sincerely,
GEM

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Burfict is a top 10 player, in the state of Ohio.

Joel
11-02-2015, 07:18 PM
For sure; it's ridiculous how much teams overvalue picks midseason now. It was bad before, but since the rookie cap it seems like every GM's all "Will you give us a 3rd rounder for half our starting lineup, pleeeease? :bncry:" These guys are practically BEGGING someone to go full on Vikings-Cowboys trade on them; hope we're the perpetrators rather than victims, "build through the draft or not." Maybe we can talk Cleveland into using Thomas and Mack to try pulling the same crap they pulled on Indy with Richardson.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Okay, I'll give you the DL talent. DL production still goes to us though. I do think this might be the best iteration of Marvin's Bengals, and I hope you guys get somewhere with it.

I'll miss tasting your tears in late December, but I'll get over it. Best of luck with law school and ginger QBs. And thanks for reccing my Owen Meany comment - I knew you'd have my back there.

Poet
11-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Okay, I'll give you the DL talent. DL production still goes to us though. I do think this might be the best iteration of Marvin's Bengals, and I hope you guys get somewhere with it.

I'll miss tasting your tears in late December, but I'll get over it. Best of luck with law school and ginger QBs. And thanks for reccing my Owen Meany comment - I knew you'd have my back there.

I deleted my book; thought you should know.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I deleted my book; thought you should know.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-82E6iBwap2o/UPKe4qpv5NI/AAAAAAAAF9A/cyY3w3CAGOI/s1600/darth-vader-no.jpg

G_Money
11-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Also:

@VernonDavis85 to @1043TheFan on his reaction to the trade:
"All I could think about was Peyton Manning. That's all I could think about."

ShaneFalco
11-02-2015, 07:36 PM
pretty awesome. to watch the 49ers get weaker and weaker lol

ShaneFalco
11-02-2015, 07:37 PM
but at the same time. Virgil green had a good game... so i dont know.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 07:47 PM
This could be the final missing piece to offense.

A TE to create mismatches and draw out LB from stacking box.

Improved OL blocking.

He is a 1 yr rental so a safe trade that won't be a cap hit.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 07:48 PM
but at the same time. Virgil green had a good game... so i dont know.

So did Owen Daniels but in a 2 TE set Green may be forgotten about with Davis on the move.

ShaneFalco
11-02-2015, 07:52 PM
It really does give us a 3rd threat on offense passing though. Which is exactly what the team needed since Welker and JT gone.

And for the price of a 6 and 7?

Great trade elwayz

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2015, 07:55 PM
This could be the final missing piece to offense. A TE to create mismatches and draw out LB from stacking box. Improved OL blocking. He is a 1 yr rental so a safe trade that won't be a cap hit.

Seems possible he might get extended as unsure Elway would want to have a lost 6th in '17 for a player no longer on the roster, but I guess the team has that 7th from the Texans for Clark also for '16.

We know Davis thinks he should be getting that "long paper" though.

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2015, 08:04 PM

Chris Wesseling (@ChrisWesseling)
49 mins ago
FWIW, Vernon Davis still the NFL’s fastest TE. His high speeds of 21.91 + 20.90 mph are 1st and 3rd among TEs this year, per Next Gen Stats.

Poet
11-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Chris Wesseling (@ChrisWesseling)
49 mins ago
FWIW, Vernon Davis still the NFL’s fastest TE. His high speeds of 21.91 + 20.90 mph are 1st and 3rd among TEs this year, per Next Gen Stats.

swag.

wayninja
11-02-2015, 08:11 PM
This is a bit surprising to me given we just lost Ty Sambrailo for the year, and the fact that our TE's played their best game of the year last night...

Oh well, let's hope this is the right move...

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 08:21 PM
So did Owen Daniels but in a 2 TE set Green may be forgotten about with Davis on the move.

Green has more talent and speed and athleticism over daniels.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2015, 08:44 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Vernon Davis knew about the trade rumors for weeks -- "particularly to the Denver Broncos," as he said in an interview with KKFN-FM 104.3 on Monday afternoon after the Broncos and 49ers announced the trade that brought the two-time Pro Bowler to Denver.

But nothing was going to happen on the trade front with any team until Davis proved that he was healthy after missing two games because of a knee injury.

He'd caught eight passes for 109 yards in the two games he started and finished before being injured, so his productivity level remained high for his position. But he needed to do that again to seal any potential trade.

With 10 catches for 85 yards in the 49ers' last two games, it was mission accomplished. And just over 24 hours after he finished his work in the 49ers' 27-6 loss to the St. Louis Rams, the deal was done.

rest - plus Elway video
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/John-Elway-explains-how-the-Vernon-Davis-trade-came-together/ccc30d50-4048-4309-b2fa-9e33a9249d6f

ShaneFalco
11-02-2015, 09:01 PM
when people say VD i constantly think of venereal disease

Joel
11-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Green ran a 4.64 at the combine
Daniels ran 4.65

Yeah, NO comparison. ;) The ACTUAL (measurable) differences are that Green's:

2" taller
10 lbs. heavier and
Just turned 27; Daniels turns 33 Sunday.

Everyone likes a two-time Pro Bowler who knows the lengthy intricate playbook, but, long term, I'd rather have the guy who's bigger, taller and younger but equally fast, especially when I don't have to PAY him like a two-time Pro Bowler.

Definitely like the idea of a 2 TE set with Davis and either though, because that's not an automatic run-heavy receiver-light formation: It can pass AND run well, which forces the D to commit (and thus creates a 50% chance they guess wrong) or wait (possibly till it's too late) rather than tipping our hand pre-snap.

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I would ask you what you're talking about, but I'm not sure you can tell me.

Mike Williams was a 4.6 guy. Vernon Davis was a 4.3 guy in his prime. Even if he's lost a step he's still a 4.5 guy and a lot faster than most TE's out there.

Mike Williams was a slow mini giant. Vernon Davis has elite speed.

7DnBrnc53
11-02-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm dubious, but haven't watched ya'll enough to say. Thomas started last season hurt, then got hurt again, and never really got healthy with the bye coming so early; this year he started gimpy again, but the later bye apparently made a big difference yesterday. You tell me: Could Green have set a SB receptions record against the 2013 Seahawks? With a separated shoulder the final three quarters?

No, A.J. couldn't. He would have quit by halftime. Good player, but not a big-game player. He is the new Marvin Harrison.

Now, I am gonna say something else: I am sick of the Colts, Pats, and Bengals. You are in Denver's crosshairs, and you are all going to pay, especially if they get Joe Thomas.

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Did he ACTUALLY say that?! :shocked: I almost feel sorry for Kaep. Not quite (he still looks and sounds more like a guy who deals meth out of a trailer than an NFL QB) but almost.

Kapernivk didn't know how to use Davis. Davis was Alex smiths #1 target and go to guy. kapernick as starter wasted Vernons years on the 49ers and reduced his trade value.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Green ran a 4.64 at the combine
Daniels ran 4.65

Yeah, NO comparison. ;) The ACTUAL (measurable) differences are that Green's:

2" taller
10 lbs. heavier and
Just turned 27; Daniels turns 33 Sunday.

Everyone likes a two-time Pro Bowler who knows the lengthy intricate playbook, but, long term, I'd rather have the guy who's bigger, taller and younger but equally fast, especially when I don't have to PAY him like a two-time Pro Bowler.

Definitely like the idea of a 2 TE set with Davis and either though, because that's not an automatic run-heavy receiver-light formation: It can pass AND run well, which forces the D to commit (and thus creates a 50% chance they guess wrong) or wait (possibly till it's too late) rather than tipping our hand pre-snap.
I wasn't really focusing on combine stats as they mean nothing at this point. Im going based off the eye test. Green looks faster bigger and more fluid to the eye. Daniels is serviceable though but I'm just drooling over our two tight ends sets with Davis/green. Like you said it could be run or pass so its going to add another element to our offense. Cant wait to see how it looks.

Dzone
11-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Vernon Davis punks a spotter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIse3KDdVE

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 09:51 PM

I'm guessing Davis supplants Daniels as our pass catcher and we keep Green on the field primarily for blocking.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Vernon Davis punks a spotter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIse3KDdVE

Lol

Buff
11-02-2015, 10:37 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EnYjeLYpPzE/UpvIM3f8gmI/AAAAAAAAERo/mWuCc1PYccw/s1600/diff4333.gif

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Wow. I just read Denver gets a compensatory pick if Davis departs in free agency next offseason. Lol...

ShaneFalco
11-02-2015, 10:40 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EnYjeLYpPzE/UpvIM3f8gmI/AAAAAAAAERo/mWuCc1PYccw/s1600/diff4333.gif

get that red jersey outta here buff!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Mike Williams was a slow mini giant. Vernon Davis has elite speed.

I know, I was just trying to be funny with the analogy, but Sally sober face jumped in to set me straight.

VonDoom
11-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Kapernivk didn't know how to use Davis. Davis was Alex smiths #1 target and go to guy. kapernick as starter wasted Vernons years on the 49ers and reduced his trade value.

And now Kaep is being benched for Blaine Gabbert. Quite an organization they're running over there in SF

TXBRONC
11-02-2015, 10:52 PM

If you're happy that's not a good sign.

ShaneFalco
11-02-2015, 11:00 PM
And now Kaep is being benched for Blaine Gabbert. Quite an organization they're running over there in SF

https://media.giphy.com/media/m83yKfc2p37K8/giphy.gif

Cugel
11-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Joel View Post

In the Red-zone the Broncos may even go to a 3 TE formation at times, with JT and Sanders - in situations where the Broncos want to use 5 wides. From that formation they could run or throw.

Adding Vernon Davis creates the same kind of red-zone mismatches that Julius Thomas did, but instead of paying Julius Thomas $9 M, they are paying Davis the pro-rated portion of $4.5 million - i.e. around $2.8 M. That's chicken feed for a guy with Davis' proven ability.

I predict he's going to become Manning's favorite red-zone target, just as JT was last year. Denver's offense could wind up being quite formidable if Davis plays up to expectations.

You and I have both argued, in the face of much ignorant antagonism, that much of Manning's problems this season was due to a lack of weapons - losing the production of Wes Welker and Julius Thomas, and having nobody replace it. Well, they just replaced part of it, so we'll see what effect that has on Peyton's play. It can only improve him to give him more weapons.

NightTerror218
11-03-2015, 12:57 AM

I am saying green will be open, defenders will focus on davis.

Yashahla17
11-03-2015, 01:05 AM
I am saying green will be open, defenders will focus on davis.

No doubt

Ravage!!!
11-03-2015, 01:06 AM
I don 't think many teams will "focus" on Davis.

BroncoTech
11-03-2015, 02:39 AM

I agree I haven't seen much good from him for 2 or 3 years. San Francisco has a lot of problems, and they benched Kapernick today but dropped passes are a big part of it. But he is big name and maybe here he won't under achieve. As far as a veteran leader goes, the Niners have the crappiest locker room in the NFL.

Jaws
11-03-2015, 03:15 AM
when people say VD i constantly think of venereal disease

VD = STuD

MOtorboat
11-03-2015, 03:21 AM
I hope this opens up the middle of the field a little more. The Broncos already did a much better job of that against Green Bay. The tight end spot, up until Green Bay, was pure shit, so it's nice to see Elway recognized that. Rare to see something like this mid-season.

This still doesn't make up for losing Thomas, which has been more than obvious. But it's a nice addition.

BroncoWave
11-03-2015, 07:50 AM
I hope this opens up the middle of the field a little more. The Broncos already did a much better job of that against Green Bay. The tight end spot, up until Green Bay, was pure shit, so it's nice to see Elway recognized that. Rare to see something like this mid-season.

This still doesn't make up for losing Thomas, which has been more than obvious. But it's a nice addition.

The fact that JT has done pretty much nothing in Jax this year is part of what gives me hope that VD will flourish here. It doesn't matter how good of a TE you are, if you are stuck in a crappy offense with a crappy QB, you are going to suffer.

If the same offense that showed up against GB can keep showing up this year, I think Davis will do just fine here.

tomjonesrocks
11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Losing JT and Knighton were two of the losses that frustrated me in the offseason - though injuries happen JT making 9.2M and out-earning Gronkowski seems insane right now.

Guy had a decent week 6 but has something like 150 yards receiving on the season and is now nursing a groin. Pretty bad.

Cugel
11-03-2015, 11:21 AM
I agree I haven't seen much good from him for 2 or 3 years. San Francisco has a lot of problems, and they benched Kapernick today but dropped passes are a big part of it. But he is big name and maybe here he won't under achieve. As far as a veteran leader goes, the Niners have the crappiest locker room in the NFL.

Mu-hahahahahaha! :shots:

You just admitted that the 49ers were stuck with Colin Kaepernick as their QB the last couple of seasons and now they've got the mighty Blaine Gabbert and then you say that Vernon Davis is an "under-achiever"? Do you even hear yourself?

Who was trying to throw him the ball? Were they any good at passing the football?

Cugel
11-03-2015, 11:24 AM
The fact that JT has done pretty much nothing in Jax this year is part of what gives me hope that VD will flourish here. It doesn't matter how good of a TE you are, if you are stuck in a crappy offense with a crappy QB, you are going to suffer.

If the same offense that showed up against GB can keep showing up this year, I think Davis will do just fine here.

Thomas was hurt for 5 games and didn't play. That's not his fault.

Nobody knowledgeable doubts that Julius Thomas is a beast in the red-zone. He was Peyton's #1 target for red-zone. He just didn't like to block and he was a basketball player in college and never learned how. On this offense, that's just a non-starter. The TE must be able to stick his nose in there and block.

Vernon Davis can and will do that - and he's going to cost $2.8 instead of $9 million this year. Win-win.

Yashahla17
11-03-2015, 11:52 AM

JT didn't start the year and he also missed some camp,due to a broken finger,or two. But he shoukd be shining soon if he has it in him, bortles isn't nt a bad quarterback at all. Bortles has real big league talent.

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9m9 minutes ago

As it stands now, Broncos send No. 32 pick in 6th rd to SF for No. 3 pick in 7th rd for TE Vernon Davis. #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

6th round pick in 2017 to SF would be wash if Vernon Davis leaves for FA and Broncos get 6th round compensation pick #9news #9sports

I imagine he walks next year, especially if they like Heuermann as much as they say they do. And obviously the picks for this year aren't set yet, but the difference between our 6th rounder and their 7th rounder will be very little, as Klis and others have said. We basically got Vernon Davis for a prorated portion of his salary and that's all. Thank you John Elway.

gregbroncs
11-03-2015, 12:19 PM
LOL. So essentially the Broncos stole VD from SF for 4-8 spots in this years draft. And some spots in next years draft (# of spots depending on how the Broncos do). Plus a bit of salary. What a deal, how did Elway pull that off?

Yashahla17
11-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Many 49er fans feel like they got hosed. Feel like Davis was worth more than that.

NightTerror218
11-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Davis is good but rarely was target but kapernick. He 8s better that his stats show. Plus he has had 2 good back to back games to show he is healthy.

pulse
11-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Getting VD from SF was easier than getting a VD in Tijuana.

weazel
11-03-2015, 04:40 PM
it's the joke that keeps on giving...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Many 49er fans feel like they got hosed. Feel like Davis was worth more than that.

That's delicious.

GEM
11-03-2015, 06:53 PM
He has arrived!

tripp
11-03-2015, 07:08 PM

Jeeeeez Decker had quite the game that day.

DenBronx
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Veron to wear #80 here in Denver.

DenBronx
11-03-2015, 07:18 PM
I had to make this.

TXBRONC
11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
it's the joke that keeps on giving...

Do you have VD? :wave:

tomjonesrocks
11-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Veron to wear #80 here in Denver.

Really. The great Rod Smith's number.

Hmm.

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 08:02 PM

Hmm.

And in more recent (tight end) history, 80 was Julius

DenBronx
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Its a lucky number for us. Glad he's wearing it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-03-2015, 08:18 PM

Hmm.

....and Rick Upchurch.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2015, 08:31 PM
1-on-1 with Vernon Davis

Broncos TV's Phil Milani catches up with recently acquired TE Vernon Davis to talk about him coming to Denver and playing with Peyton Manning and the Broncos offense.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/1-on-1-with-Vernon-Davis/29ee8dc1-da06-490b-af0f-1e7b1540fbd4

New Bronco Vernon Davis arrives at UCHTC

photos - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/New-Bronco-Vernon-Davis-arrives-at-UCHTC/d28f0022-211b-4e0b-b5be-818fb4203470

TXBRONC
11-03-2015, 08:32 PM
And in more recent (tight end) history, 80 was Julius

And Casey.

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 09:13 PM
And Casey.

Ah, yes, he was barely here but he was #80

Joel
11-03-2015, 11:39 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EnYjeLYpPzE/UpvIM3f8gmI/AAAAAAAAERo/mWuCc1PYccw/s1600/diff4333.gifJeeeeez Decker had quite the game that day.
The most impressive part was doing it the year BEFORE WE DRAFTED HIM. But Davis has supposedly been nothing special since 2009, and we drafted Decker in 2010, so....

This MORE than makes up for losing Julius Thomas, and it's not even close. How do you want this:

Thomas has only missed ONE less game this year than Davis missed the last THREE SEASONS
Thomas missed as many game last YEAR as Davis has SINCE SHANNY LEFT
Thomas only played 2 more games in 2012 than Davis had missed in his CAREER.
If Davis retired tomorrow and Julius Thomas played EVERY GAME FOR THE NEXT SIX SEASONS (LMFAO) Davis would STILL have more.

At least as importantly, Davis is an excellent blocker AND receiver; Julius Thomas has never known HOW to block, nor even WANTED to learn.

Also, anything that angers and scares Cheatriots fans THIS much (http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/11/3/9662630/broncos-acquire-te-vernon-davis-world-for-the-patriots-ends-as-we) automatically makes me happy.

Dzone
11-03-2015, 11:53 PM
The most impressive part was doing it the year BEFORE WE DRAFTED HIM. But Davis has supposedly been nothing special since 2009, and we drafted Decker in 2010, so....

This MORE than makes up for losing Julius Thomas, and it's not even close. How do you want this:

Thomas has only missed ONE less game this year than Davis missed the last THREE SEASONS
If Davis retired tomorrow and Julius Thomas played EVERY GAME FOR THE NEXT SIX SEASONS (LMFAO) Davis would STILL have more.

That was a mind twister

DenBronx
11-04-2015, 12:08 AM
I used to type in CAPS when I wanted to make a POINT but then I realized how ANNOYING it looks when OTHER posters do it so I QUIT.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 02:18 AM
That was a mind twister

It's also a lot of horse shit.

I get it, everyone wants to bag on Thomas for the injuries.

But, Vernon Davis played in 19 games the last two seasons and has 44 catches for 439 yards and two touchdowns. Julius Thomas has a 1/4 of that in three games.

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:26 AM
It's also a lot of horse shit.

I get it, everyone wants to bag on Thomas for the injuries.

But, Vernon Davis played in 19 games the last two seasons and has 44 catches for 439 yards and two touchdowns. Julius Thomas has a 1/4 of that in three games.
Yeah, but a lot of people seem to think Bortles is a good QB, and nearly everyone agrees Kaepernick's an awful one. More imporantly, Davis is an excellent blocker and Thomas a nonexistent one (visiting Indy again reminds me of just HOW bad) and Davis didn't spend the 2014 practicing route trees only to have his QB bawl him out in front of 70,000 fans and a national TV audience for "getting open" when he was supposed to BLOCK for another WR, forcing a punt.

Could be fun to revisit this discussion in a few years; that's probably how long it'll take Julius Thomas to play 16 games—and the "TE" STILL won't be able (nor willing) to block!

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 04:33 AM
Yeah, but a lot of people seem to think Bortles is a good QB, and nearly everyone agrees Kaepernick's an awful one. More imporantly, Davis is an excellent blocker and Thomas a nonexistent one (visiting Indy again reminds me of just HOW bad) and Davis didn't spend the 2014 practicing route trees only to have his QB bawl him out in front of 70,000 fans and a national TV audience for "getting open" when he was supposed to BLOCK for another WR, forcing a punt.

Could be fun to revisit this discussion in a few years; that's probably how long it'll take Julius Thomas to play 16 games—and the "TE" STILL won't be able (nor willing) to block!

The tight end's blocking still doesn't equate to touchdowns. And frankly, I really don't give a shit about blocking. If he can't provide anything in the passing game, he's literally worthless in the grand scheme of things.

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:46 AM
The tight end's blocking still doesn't equate to touchdowns.
Tell that to Hillmans 72 yd TD; our longest rushing TD in HOW many seasons?

And frankly, I really don't give a shit about blocking. If he can't provide anything in the passing game, he's literally worthless in the grand scheme of things.
I know, I know: The 21st Century NFL revolves around passing, and ONLY passing, to which blocking's irrelevant; our 2013 SB championship pro—oh... crap.... :(

Edit: I forgot the part where Jax pays Thomas 4X what we pay Davis, the difference between being $5 mil under the cap and losing ALL our cap space PLUS two starters.

MOtorboat
11-04-2015, 04:59 AM
Tell that to Hillmans 72 yd TD; our longest rushing TD in HOW many seasons?

I know, I know: The 21st Century NFL revolves around passing, and ONLY passing, to which blocking's irrelevant; our 2013 SB championship pro—oh... crap.... :(

Shocking that you would turn this into a conversation about a game 2 1/2 years ago. Never saw that coming.

And if you think that Julius Thomas' blocking in that game was the difference, I can't help you.

Last time I checked 72 points was better than 12. Remember that when you try and tell me Davis is an upgrade over Thomas.

Joel
11-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Shocking that you would turn this into a conversation about a game 2 1/2 years ago. Never saw that coming.

And if you think that Julius Thomas' blocking in that game was the difference, I can't help you.

Last time I checked 72 points was better than 12. Remember that when you try and tell me Davis is an upgrade over Thomas.
The '9ers benched their (former) starting QB for the bust Bortles was drafted to replace; that just might explain the difference. Even if it didn't, I wouldn't give up Davis' blocking, durability and reliable routes PLUS $7 million we didn't have, all for a one-trick pony who's yet to play a full season in 5 years trying.

Incidentally, my favorite parts of the Pats piece was the notes that:

1) Vernon Davis is taller, thicker AND FASTER than his CB brother and
2) The Patriot Way's created $14 MILLION MORE DEAD MONEY than the El-Way. Probably because our GM won't pay $9 million for a guy who only does HALF his job HALF a season.

Northman
11-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Without Peyton, JT would not have had the success he did. Its ridiculous to even think he is better than Davis.

SR
11-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Without Peyton, JT would not have had the success he did. Its ridiculous to even think he is better than Davis.

That's not really a fair comment to make because we have nothing to compare it to. I agree a large part of the monster stats that the entire offense put up the last three seasons were because of Peyton, but Julius Thomas is a gifted athlete and you can't really use his injuries this year to dispute that. Do I think he's better than Antonio Gates in his prime, Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Gronk, etc.? No. He's damn good though and the Broncos missed him for the first six games of the year.

chazoe60
11-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Julius Thomas is a ***** and I'm glad he's not on this team. **** him.

Northman
11-04-2015, 08:07 AM
That's not really a fair comment to make because we have nothing to compare it to. I agree a large part of the monster stats that the entire offense put up the last three seasons were because of Peyton, but Julius Thomas is a gifted athlete and you can't really use his injuries this year to dispute that. Do I think he's better than Antonio Gates in his prime, Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Gronk, etc.? No. He's damn good though and the Broncos missed him for the first six games of the year.

No one has said he isnt gifted, only that he isnt better than the other guys mentioned. JT has been back for 3 weeks with the Jags yet has only had one good game. A large part of that is the guy throwing him the ball just like a large part of what has been going on with Davis is the guy throwing him the ball. But it cant be questioned that Davis is a better all around TE even if JT is athletic himself.

Rick
11-04-2015, 08:40 AM
So much of Manning's game revolves around timing routes so I wouldn't expect Davis to make a HUGE impact for the first couple of weeks. He should help out a lot in the end zone though, and certainly with blocking.

Having another guy in there that can catch AND block will certainly be big, defenses have to respect him as a receiver so it will be one more tool in the belt for helping to disguise formations.

It will help tremendously towards keeping the offense balanced, a balanced offence makes a defense think, and you want a defense thinking. That slight hesitation while they try and figure out pass or run can be the difference.

Case in point, the play action almost TD to Caldwell. It was a fake to Hillman, Packers D bought it, Manning rolls out and throws the TD to Caldwell(called off for a push off).

Just need to keep that up, keep the defense guessing. Davis's balanced game just adds to that.

SR
11-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Julius Thomas is a ***** and I'm glad he's not on this team. **** him.

Rahim Moore?

SR
11-04-2015, 08:44 AM
No one has said he isnt gifted, only that he isnt better than the other guys mentioned. JT has been back for 3 weeks with the Jags yet has only had one good game. A large part of that is the guy throwing him the ball just like a large part of what has been going on with Davis is the guy throwing him the ball. But it cant be questioned that Davis is a better all around TE even if JT is athletic himself.

I agree that Davis is a better all around TE for sure. Personally, I don't miss JT. I think he was a tad over rated, like you said, because of who was throwing him the ball. He is also injury prone. I do think that once he and Bortles develop some chemistry it'll be a good think for JT. He's a hell of a pass catching TE but he's soft.

pulse
11-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Hey, I like Thomas, but more as big and versatile receiver, not as pure TE. If anyone in the offseason said that Denver would have to lose JT and "struggle" to 7-0 before acquiring Vernon Davis for next to nothing, I'd have laughed my ass off at the absurdity of it all. I'm not saying VD will make an immediate impact this week, but he still has huge playmaking ability and his presence should be felt by the end of the month. Having Owens already gaining more consistency as a receiver and Green improving as well makes this all the more sweeter. We should be able to do some major damage out of multiple TE formations in both the run and PA passing game.

GEM
11-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Who gives a flying **** about Julius damn Thomas...He's gone. Potential this, could have that....don't give two ****s, he isn't a Denver Bronco, he's fine with that, I'm fine with that. Next man up.

GEM
11-04-2015, 10:25 AM
I agree that Davis is a better all around TE for sure. Personally, I don't miss JT. I think he was a tad over rated, like you said, because of who was throwing him the ball. He is also injury prone. I do think that once he and Bortles develop some chemistry it'll be a good think for JT. He's a hell of a pass catching TE but he's soft.

/endthread. SR summed it up best right here.

Ravage!!!
11-04-2015, 10:28 AM
JT is better than Davis at this point in their careers. Period. /thread

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 10:45 AM
This is almost as exciting as when Val came to Denver

BroncoJoe
11-04-2015, 10:52 AM

Yeah, no.

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 10:58 AM
I haven't followed Vernon much, he may be just another TE at this point, I don't know, but I remember the hype with him coming out of Maryland

SR
11-04-2015, 11:09 AM

If this was mid-season last year I would agree with that but at this point there are too many variables with both of them and I'm not sure your comment holds much merit.

BroncoWave
11-04-2015, 11:11 AM
If this was mid-season last year I would agree with that but at this point there are too many variables with both of them and I'm not sure your comment holds much merit.

Of course it holds merit. He said "Period. /thread". Surely he must know what he's talking about to be that adamant!

SR
11-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Of course it holds merit. He said "Period. /thread". Surely he must know what he's talking about to be that adamant!

Oh yeah.

TimHippo
11-04-2015, 11:30 AM
I haven't followed Vernon much, he may be just another TE at this point, I don't know, but I remember the hype with him coming out of Maryland

He will become Peyton's primary weapon/possession receiver, first option, which will allow DT to become the dominant second receiver who gets more one on o e matchups. He was the number one guy for Alex smith and harbaugh before kapernick froze him out and diminsned him.

chazoe60
11-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Julius Thomas will never be a kicking and screaming guy. I honestly don't care about him as a talent because he brings the toughness factor of the team down when he's on it. In all seriousness I am a better blocker than him. All he cares about is s paycheck and making sure he is 100% healthy before his cleats touch a blade of grass. He's soft and I was getting sick of rooting for a soft team.

I reiterate, **** Julius Thomas and the wheel chair he walked in on.

tomjonesrocks
11-04-2015, 11:32 AM
I like the move, but I find the Davis > JT talk interesting.

Davis is kind of another poster boy for "not loving the game". He has numerous side interests outside football and his play also appears aloof. He likewise has been frequently called a p---y for alligator arm plays and letting balls that he's going to get hit catching go.

He also famously held out for more money recently and essentially hasn't put up numbers since.

I'm encouraged by stats that show he still has speed but if he can't run routes and be where Peyton needs him that won't matter. Latimer has speed and can't get on the field.

Hopefully he's rejuvenated and all that and comes cheap but I didn't race to add him in my fantasy league, let's put it that way.

TimHippo
11-04-2015, 11:35 AM
I like the move, but I find the Davis > JT talk interesting.

Davis is kind of another poster boy for "not loving the game". He has numerous side interests outside football and his play also appears aloof. He likewise has been frequently called a p---y for alligator arm plays and letting balls that he's going to get hit catching go.

He also famously held out for more money recently and essentially hasn't put up numbers since.

I'm encouraged by stats that show he still has speed but if he can't run routes and be where Peyton needs him that won't matter. Latimer has speed and can't get on the field.

Hopefully he's rejuvenated and all that and comes cheap but I didn't race to add him in my fantasy league, let's put it that way.

Like I said Kaeprenick tried to bury him so the spotlight and fame would go away from Vernon Davis and onto Kapernick.

chazoe60
11-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Like I said Kaeprenick tried to bury him so the spotlight and fame would go away from Vernon Davis and onto Kapernick.

You Tebowites come up with some seriously goofy shit.

NightTerror218
11-04-2015, 11:41 AM
I expect him to florist and put up JT type numbers except he actually block.

Davis's number dropped with kapernick I think they will go up drastically with Peyton.

tomjonesrocks
11-04-2015, 12:03 PM
I expect him to florist and put up JT type numbers

I expect him to "florist" too.

As mentioned he's as big a "p---y" as JT is...

TimHippo
11-04-2015, 12:10 PM
double post.

TimHippo
11-04-2015, 12:12 PM
You Tebowites come up with some seriously goofy shit.

Chaz! Go Broncos!

http://images.christianpost.com/full/60022/chaz-bono-shows-off-his-60-lb-weight-loss.jpg

SR
11-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Chaz Bono.

GEM
11-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Chaz Bono.

Chaz homo?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2015, 12:36 PM
He will become Peyton's primary weapon/possession receiver, first option, which will allow DT to become the dominant second receiver who gets more one on o e matchups. He was the number one guy for Alex smith and harbaugh before kapernick froze him out and diminsned him.

DT will always be the #1 option. That's why Davis will have success.

pulse
11-04-2015, 12:38 PM
This thread has caught a VD.

underrated29
11-04-2015, 12:42 PM
i havent been following this thread so I am a bit confused as to what is going on. Also, who the is that guy^^^

BroncoJoe
11-04-2015, 12:44 PM
I expect him to "florist" too.

As mentioned he's as big a "p---y" as JT is...

Wow.

DenBronx
11-04-2015, 01:11 PM
With Green and Daniels you could see a serious decline in production. Manning needs that over the middle guy/redzone threat. Losing JT was huge to this offense no matter how many of you say "he's soft". Yes, he sucked at blocking but I didn't care, he caught TDs and that opened up everything else for our WRs and our run game. This has been beaten like a dead horse.

Bottom line, Elway saw it just like the fans saw it and knew our offense needed to fix the fact that we didn't have a pass catching TE. I was a BIG FAT glaring problem. I like Davis alot. When healthy he is a top 5 TE. Add the fact that he is a serviceable blocker (not great) and he is an all around player.

Sometimes I think Elway is in my mind and stalks my thought process. We are...like...one....and we own you bitches.

chazoe60
11-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Chaz! Go Broncos!

http://images.christianpost.com/full/60022/chaz-bono-shows-off-his-60-lb-weight-loss.jpg

Why are you posting?

SR
11-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Why are you posting?

Let him have his Chaz Bono crush.

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 01:42 PM
With Green and Daniels you could see a serious decline in production. Manning needs that over the middle guy/redzone threat. Losing JT was huge to this offense no matter how many of you say "he's soft". Yes, he sucked at blocking but I didn't care, he caught TDs and that opened up everything else for our WRs and our run game. This has been beaten like a dead horse.

Bottom line, Elway saw it just like the fans saw it and knew our offense needed to fix the fact that we didn't have a pass catching TE. I was a BIG FAT glaring problem. I like Davis alot. When healthy he is a top 5 TE. Add the fact that he is a serviceable blocker (not great) and he is an all around player.

Sometimes I think Elway is in my mind and stalks my thought process. We are...like...one....and we own you bitches.

I really enjoyed this post. The content was well articulated and held my interest. I thought likening of the author's thought process to that of Elway was really neat at the end. And then to add the photoshopped (hopefully) photo of the crew from Office space beating what appears to be a dead horse, complements the post well and does a lot to encapsulate the overall message. great job!!!

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 02:10 PM

Davis's number dropped with kapernick I think they will go up drastically with Peyton.

like that guy in police academy?

tubby
11-04-2015, 03:03 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/650-front/davis_vernon_CP_151104.jpg

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 03:11 PM
will he play this weekend if there's a game?

Northman
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
will he play this weekend if there's a game?

What do you mean IF there is a game? Do you know something the rest of us dont?

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 03:15 PM
What do you mean IF there is a game? Do you know something the rest of us dont?

well it's only Wednesday and I for one don't have plans. I was thinking maybe Vernon doesn't either

Northman
11-04-2015, 03:20 PM
well it's only Wednesday and I for one don't have plans. I was thinking maybe Vernon doesn't either

I know, you always tend to blow us off when we want to invite you to something.

JK

From what i understand is Denver is going to try and get Davis to play this week.

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 03:23 PM
I know, you always tend to blow us off when we want to invite you to something.

JK

From what i understand is Denver is going to try and get Davis to play this week.
that's awesome, I hope he can suit up. Not sure about this weekend yet. are you guys going with that group of folks?

Northman
11-04-2015, 03:32 PM
that's awesome, I hope he can suit up. Not sure about this weekend yet. are you guys going with that group of folks?

I think we may, at least Missy was talking about it earlier this week but she has been sick the last couple of days so i dont know if that is going to change her mind or not. If we do go you should come as well, the people we gathered with a couple of weeks back were really cool.

Joel
11-04-2015, 03:40 PM
What do you mean IF there is a game? Do you know something the rest of us dont?well it's only Wednesday and I for one don't have plans. I was thinking maybe Vernon doesn't either
You'd tell us if the world were ending tomorrow, right, man? Don't want any more of that BS those ungrateful dolphin SOBs pulled on us last time.... :tsk:

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 03:46 PM
You'd tell us if the world were ending tomorrow, right, man? Don't want any more of that BS those ungrateful dolphin SOBs pulled on us last time.... :tsk:

sure I would,

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:04 PM
sure I would,
What a disturbing way to type that....

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 04:10 PM
as far as I know, it is not Joel. Tommorrow should be a nice day

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:27 PM
as far as I know, it is not Joel. Tommorrow should be a nice day
What'd'ya mean it's not me? And why did you say just TOMORROW "should" be a nice day: WTF are you doing to us Friday?! SPIDERS, SPIDERS—THEY'RE IN MY BRAIN11!11:tinfoil3:

BroncoJoe
11-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Elway during his press conference was pretty confident Davis will see the field.

Cugel
11-04-2015, 04:36 PM

You mean like this?:

Dolphins Evolve Opposable Thumbs
NEWS
August 30, 2015
Vol 36 Issue 30 Environment · Science & Technology · Science · Animals

HONOLULU–In an announcement with grave implications for the primacy of the species of man, marine biologists at the Hawaii Oceanographic Institute reported Monday that dolphins, or family Delphinidae, have evolved opposable thumbs on their pectoral fins.
One of the evolved dolphins, whose opposable thumbs have struck fear in the hearts of humankind.

8009"I believe I speak for the entire human race when I say, 'Holy shit,'" said Oceanographic Institute director Dr. James Aoki, noting that the dolphin has a cranial capacity 40 percent greater than that of humans. "That's it for us monkeys."

Aoki strongly urged humans, especially those living near the sea, to learn to communicate using a system of clicks and whistles in a frequency range of 4 to 150 kHz. He also encouraged humans to "start practicing their echolocation as soon as possible."

Delphinologists have reported more than 7,000 cases of spontaneous opposable-digit manifestation in the past two weeks alone, with "thumbs" observed on the bottle-nosed dolphin, the Atlantic humpback dolphin, and even the rare Ganges River dolphin.

"It appears to be species-wide," said dolphin specialist Clifford Brees of the Kewalo Basin Marine Mammal Laboratory, speaking from the shark cage he welded shut around himself late Monday. "And it may be even worse: We haven't exactly been eager to check for thumbs on other marine mammals belonging to the order of cetaceans, such as the killer whale. Oh, Christ, we're really in the soup now."

"You must believe, sleek ocean masters, that many of us homo sapiens weep with shame and disgust over the degradation to which our species has subjected our All-Mother, the Great World-Sea," read the suicide note of Dr. Richard Morse, a Brisbane, Australia, delphinologist and regular contributor to Marine Mammal Science. "If you are reading this, I estimate that it is the day we know as August 31, 2015. Please be decent and kind masters to our poor ape-race. Oh, God, I'm so sorry about the tracking collars."

Joel
11-04-2015, 06:13 PM
You mean like this?:

Dolphins Evolve Opposable Thumbs
NEWS
August 30, 2015
Vol 36 Issue 30 Environment · Science & Technology · Science · Animals

HONOLULU–In an announcement with grave implications for the primacy of the species of man, marine biologists at the Hawaii Oceanographic Institute reported Monday that dolphins, or family Delphinidae, have evolved opposable thumbs on their pectoral fins.
One of the evolved dolphins, whose opposable thumbs have struck fear in the hearts of humankind.

8009"I believe I speak for the entire human race when I say, 'Holy shit,'" said Oceanographic Institute director Dr. James Aoki, noting that the dolphin has a cranial capacity 40 percent greater than that of humans. "That's it for us monkeys."

Aoki strongly urged humans, especially those living near the sea, to learn to communicate using a system of clicks and whistles in a frequency range of 4 to 150 kHz. He also encouraged humans to "start practicing their echolocation as soon as possible."

Delphinologists have reported more than 7,000 cases of spontaneous opposable-digit manifestation in the past two weeks alone, with "thumbs" observed on the bottle-nosed dolphin, the Atlantic humpback dolphin, and even the rare Ganges River dolphin.

"It appears to be species-wide," said dolphin specialist Clifford Brees of the Kewalo Basin Marine Mammal Laboratory, speaking from the shark cage he welded shut around himself late Monday. "And it may be even worse: We haven't exactly been eager to check for thumbs on other marine mammals belonging to the order of cetaceans, such as the killer whale. Oh, Christ, we're really in the soup now."

"You must believe, sleek ocean masters, that many of us homo sapiens weep with shame and disgust over the degradation to which our species has subjected our All-Mother, the Great World-Sea," read the suicide note of Dr. Richard Morse, a Brisbane, Australia, delphinologist and regular contributor to Marine Mammal Science. "If you are reading this, I estimate that it is the day we know as August 31, 2015. Please be decent and kind masters to our poor ape-race. Oh, God, I'm so sorry about the tracking collars."
I was thinking more like abandoning us to galactic demolition, as on the previous Earth, not actively COMMITTING attempted genocide. But the one thing football's taught us all is that video evidence is irrefutable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvNQXDLoi4
After further review, we're boned. :(

BroncoNut
11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Elway during his press conference was pretty confident Davis will see the field.

you can see the field fine from the sidelines

TXBRONC
11-06-2015, 04:39 PM

Is he a florist in the offseason? :D

DenBronx
11-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Florist or flourish??? Lol

TXBRONC
11-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Florist or flourish??? Lol

Maybe he will flourish as a florist when his career is over.

Joel
11-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Fiendish Flouridator: Power 3 Resistance 5 Income 1 Communist, Fanatic

Bet ya'll thought the rest of us just FORGOT where flouridated water started: NEVER FORGET11111!:tinfoil3:

MOtorboat
12-22-2015, 03:55 AM

At least as importantly, Davis is an excellent blocker AND receiver; Julius Thomas has never known HOW to block, nor even WANTED to learn.

Also, anything that angers and scares Cheatriots fans THIS much (http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/11/3/9662630/broncos-acquire-te-vernon-davis-world-for-the-patriots-ends-as-we) automatically makes me happy.

Lol.

Poet
12-22-2015, 04:00 AM
I thought Vernon Davis was going to be the man in Denver.

My bad.

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2015, 04:07 AM
I thought Vernon Davis was going to be the man in Denver. My bad.

Ditto

spikerman
12-22-2015, 06:16 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul has better hands than Davis.

Too soon?

Valar Morghulis
12-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul has better hands than Davis. Too soon?

Never

SR
12-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul has better hands than Davis. Too soon?

I saw JPP get more hands on footballs Sunday than VD did.

tomjonesrocks
12-22-2015, 08:41 AM
That ***** that can't block Julius Thomas has 4 TDs in the last 5 games.

Good thing that production was so easily replaced. And the upgrade in blocking has really upped our running game by leaps and bounds.

EastCoastBronco
12-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Do I even dare suggest we shipped the wrong Thomas?
Both of them have that "play when I feel like it" attitude so it's hard to say.

Northman
12-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Do I even dare suggest we shipped the wrong Thomas?
Both of them have that "play when I feel like it" attitude so it's hard to say.

Kind of a wash really. JT is just soft as baby shit so overpaying him wasnt an option. DT cant stay focused or hungry and thus drops too many passes. For all the shit Decker took from people here i would of kept him easily over DT at this point. At least he wasnt afraid to actually catch passes.

weazel
12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Lol.

To be fair, there's really nothing in there that Joe was wrong about except maybe saying VD was a better receiver than JT... but right now neither are as good as they were in the past.

EastCoastBronco
12-22-2015, 10:48 AM
To be fair, there's really nothing in there that Joe was wrong about except maybe saying VD was a better receiver than JT... but right now neither are as good as they were in the past.

DT and Vernon's hunger to play ended before the ink was dry on their contracts.

Dreadnought
12-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Kind of a wash really. JT is just soft as baby shit so overpaying him wasnt an option. DT cant stay focused or hungry and thus drops too many passes. For all the shit Decker took from people here i would of kept him easily over DT at this point. At least he wasnt afraid to actually catch passes.

Oh I could only wish we could trade DT for Decker at this point. Along with their respective contracts, of course...but Decker is performing very well with the Jets. He is earning his money

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2015, 11:01 AM

Oh I could only wish we could trade DT for Decker at this point. Along with their respective contracts, of course...but Decker is performing very well with the Jets. He is earning his money

Decker had DT while he was here. He has Marshall in NY this year. Last year when he was supposed to be the guy, he wasn't very good. Decker is better when he has someone to take the pressure off of him. He's a great #2 receiver. When asked to be the #1 guy he struggled.

I'm in no way condoning DT's drops of late, but I'd still rather have him than Decker.

Northman
12-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Decker had DT while he was here. He has Marshall in NY this year. Last year when he was supposed to be the guy, he wasn't very good. Decker is better when he has someone to take the pressure off of him. He's a great #2 receiver. When asked to be the #1 guy he struggled.

I'm in no way condoning DT's drops of late, but I'd still rather have him than Decker.

Uh, what crack are you smoking? Decker had virtually the same numbers in NY last year as he does this year and Marshall wasnt even there. And that has been with some pretty scrubby QB's to boot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Decker doesn't attract the #1 corner with safety help. Yes, DT had some drops, but he is still on pace for 1300 yards even with the attention he gets. You guys are mistaken if you think Decker could do what DT does for an offense.

silkamilkamonico
12-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Decker doesn't attract the #1 corner with safety help. Yes, DT had some drops, but he is still on pace for 1300 yards even with the attention he gets. You guys are mistaken if you think Decker could do what DT does for an offense.

Some? He leads the league in drops and is nowhere near among the NFL's top WR's in catches per drops ratio. Dude puts up stats, but he has been an utter disappointment when we need him to pull through like he's expected too.