PDA

View Full Version : Ty Sambrailo out the rest of season

GEM
11-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Breaking news on 104.3- Shoulder surgery.

VonDoom
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I was just posting about this in the game day thread and I was planning on starting a new thread just for this, but you beat me to it:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak: LT Ty Sambrailo is "not going to make it back" this year ... will probably go on IR and is likely to have surgery.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: Sambrailo tried to play through the injury -- said it was in the back of the shoulder -- tried to play through it, and could not.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

Sambrailo tried to play through it, but he couldn't. Kubiak said he has a bright future and it is a tough day.

Timmy!
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Seeing as he hasn't played in a month its not so painful.....wonder if after watching our tackles last night they said screw it, IR him to do the surgery ASAP and free up a roster spot.

VonDoom
11-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m1 minute ago

Sambrailo practiced last week, coaches + docs wanted to see how shoulder responded. It went poorly -- injury won't heal, must be fixed.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Looks like it'll be Ryan Harris at LT and Michael Schofield at RT for the rest of the season. Tyler Polumbus will be the swing tackle.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16s16 seconds ago

Sambrailo injured the shoulder Week 3 vs. Detroit and hasn't played since. Broncos have played more games without him than with him.

GEM
11-02-2015, 03:38 PM
I was just posting about this in the game day thread and I was planning on starting a new thread just for this, but you beat me to it:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak: LT Ty Sambrailo is "not going to make it back" this year ... will probably go on IR and is likely to have surgery.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: Sambrailo tried to play through the injury -- said it was in the back of the shoulder -- tried to play through it, and could not.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

Sambrailo tried to play through it, but he couldn't. Kubiak said he has a bright future and it is a tough day.

I listen to 104.3 at work and just heard it and posted. Glad I spelled his name right. :laugh:

Cugel
11-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Tyler Polumbus played 40% of the snaps at LT. I keep wondering if they are trying to work him into the starting role at LT instead of Harris, since Schofield played the entire game at RT. But Polumbus is entering his 10th season while Harris has played 8, so they aren't likely to get a lot better over the course of the season, unlike Schofield, Max Garcia, or Matt Paradis who are essentially rookies. Neither Polumbus nor Harris is more than a journeyman.

But, we went to the SB with Chris Clark starting at LT in place of Clady in 2013. Looks like they will have to do it again this season.

But, it looks to me like they would like to start LT Polumbus, LG Max Garcia, C Paradis, RG Vasquez and RT Schofield, if they can make that work by the end of the season, with Evan Mathis and Harris in the rotation, depending on injury.

THe problem is that they are still short a T and could possibly pick up a backup in FA if they found one available. Or possibly make a trade for a TE.

Since the 49ers are going nowhere, there's some speculation that Vernon Davis might be available. He's only 31 and might have some juice left in the tank.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Tyler Polumbus played 40% of the snaps at LT. I keep wondering if they are trying to work him into the starting role at LT instead of Harris, since Schofield played the entire game at RT. But Polumbus is entering his 10th season while Harris has played 8, so they aren't likely to get a lot better over the course of the season, unlike Schofield, Max Garcia, or Matt Paradis who are essentially rookies. Neither Polumbus nor Harris is more than a journeyman.

But, we went to the SB with Chris Clark starting at LT in place of Clady in 2013. Looks like they will have to do it again this season.

Offensive line was our biggest weakness in the Super Bowl too.

I'd love to have both Clady and Sambrailo back next year. Clady despite not being the dominant force he once was is better than anyone we currently have.. Sambrailo could start at RT. Schofield, Harris, and Polumbus would give us solid depth.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Maybe Rex can give him a full body massage.

Cugel
11-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Offensive line was our biggest weakness in the Super Bowl too.

I'd love to have both Clady and Sambrailo back next year. Clady despite not being the dominant force he once was is better than anyone we currently have.. Sambrailo could start at RT. Schofield, Harris, and Polumbus would give us solid depth.

I think you've seen the last of Ryan Clady in a Broncos uniform. He's due $9.5 million next season and he hasn't earned his pay the last 3 seasons, two of which he spent on IR. When they drafted Sambrailo in the 2nd round, the handwriting was on the wall. This was going to be Clady's last season as a Bronco. He's signed through 2017 so he could presumably have some trade value. Not a lot because of his injury history, but possibly a late round pick or a player.

Plan A was to work Sambrailo into the rotation so that he'd be ready to start at LT next year. That's still going to happen. They like Sambrailo a lot and will give him the starting job. They might sign a veteran T as backup in case he's not able to come back from the shoulder surgery, but that shouldn't happen.

The salary cap is the biggest reason to let Clady go. He'll be 30 years old next year entering his 8th year, and coming off yet another serious knee surgery. And in 2014 his play declined radically from the form he showed prior to his injury in 2013. Perhaps he could have recovered had he not been hurt again (to the same knee), but we'll never know.

And they are going to need that $10 M to re-sign Von Miller and a bunch of other FAs. Sambrailo is on his rookie contract earning less than $1M. You do the math.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Well that puts a bit of a damper on the feeling from last night for me. Figured something was up... too bad. He looked decent in the limited look we had of him this year; hopefully he can recover completely and come back stronger and healthy next season.

UnderArmour
11-02-2015, 05:02 PM
I wish it were possible to trade for Joe Thomas or Joe Staley at this point, but it's unlikely.

This team's window is right now, and a first round pick would not be too high a price to pay to give Manning an extra second or two per throw. There is no next year for Manning, so the time to wheel and deal is right now even with the chemistry issues that come with acquiring a key piece off a fire sale and the low rate of success on midseason trades. Hopefully Harris and Polumbus aren't too much of a liability going forward.

GEM
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
I wish it were possible to trade for Joe Thomas or Joe Staley at this point, but it's unlikely.

This team's window is right now, and a first round pick would not be too high a price to pay to give Manning an extra second or two per throw. There is no next year for Manning, so the time to wheel and deal is right now even with the chemistry issues that come with acquiring a key piece off a fire sale and the low rate of success on midseason trades. Hopefully Harris and Polumbus aren't too much of a liability going forward.

VonDoom said we have put in a call about Joe Thomas per Vic Lombardi. Not sure the accuracy of it, but definitely interesting if true.

CoachChaz
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Another 2nd round gem.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Another 2nd round gem.
:laugh:

TXBRONC
11-02-2015, 07:56 PM
VonDoom said we have put in a call about Joe Thomas per Vic Lombardi. Not sure the accuracy of it, but definitely interesting if true.

I doubt Elway could get him for the song and dance that he got for Vernon Davis.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 08:30 PM
I doubt Elway could get him for the song and dance that he got for Vernon Davis.

We would have to give up too much and its just not worth it.