PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Game - Broncos vs. Colts

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 10:16 AM
I know it's a bit early to to talk about next week since we're all totally enjoying last night, but a couple VERY interesting possibilities for next week's game:

Manning’s evening set up a week rich in irony. Sunday, Manning returns to Indianapolis for the second time since his emotional, if not awkward departure, following multiple neck surgeries and the team’s desire to draft Andrew Luck. Manning needs 284 yards to eclipse Brett Favre’s all-time mark. He needs one win to break Favre’s all-time record. Both sit at 186 victories.

They sit within reach against the Colts.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/11/01/well-isnt-that-rich-peyton-manning-can-make-history-at-indianapolis/36244/

How cool would it be for Manning (the player) to break both those records against the team that ditched him? I wonder if Kubiak will game plan to make sure Manning get's both @ Indy. I know Kubiak and Shanahan wanted Elway to have a great game at the last Superbowl - will Kubiak do it again?

Northman
11-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Payback is a bitch. I dont fear the Colts at all.

underrated29
11-02-2015, 10:25 AM
The colts are one big trouble....I'll be watching closely tonight to see their weaknesses.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm not worried about losing to the Colts either, but I hope Kubiak and Dennison create a game plan to ensure he breaks the yardage record against them, and obviously get the win too.

GEM
11-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Did anyone listen to Chris Harris, Jr last night? He said they didn't get any interceptions this week, but he expects Luck to throw some up there for them. Pretty good little dig at Luck. :laugh: I love the swagger!

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Did anyone listen to Chris Harris, Jr last night? He said they didn't get any interceptions this week, but he expects Luck to throw some up there for them. Pretty good little dig at Luck. :laugh: I love the swagger!

Reports started coming out yesterday that Luck has been playing with several cracked ribs, along with his shoulder injury.

GEM
11-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Reports started coming out yesterday that Luck has been playing with several cracked ribs, along with his shoulder injury.

I read that too, he's a tough sob, no doubt.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 11:11 AM

That was why he missed like 4 weeks this season.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 11:13 AM
That was why he missed like 4 weeks this season.

The Colts were only reporting the shoulder injury. They're being investigated now by the NFL.

Slick
11-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Has Denver beaten the Colts since Manning came over?

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Has Denver beaten the Colts since Manning came over?

We beat them last year (1st game of the year) at home, lost to them in 2013 at Indy. I think we all remember the playoff game last year...

GEM
11-02-2015, 02:27 PM
We beat them last year (1st game of the year) at home, lost to them in 2013 at Indy. I think we all remember the playoff game last year...

Man, that was great! I went with stupid bro in law (Colts fan) Can't wait for this weekend! :D

Timmy!
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM
I read that too, he's a tough sob, no doubt.

I'd be surprised if Luck starts against us next week. Carolina is going to crush him tonight.

pulse
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm not worried about the Colts even if they've won the last two games against us. They are not the same team. Their offensive line is bad. Luck has been under duress most of the year. Any time they face a team with even a mediocre pass rush, Luck spends all his time trying to escape to make a play. Denver has the linebackers and secondary to defend slants and screens while the front 4 or 5 is penetrating the pocket. Luck will be forced to heave it and I think our secondary is good enough to defend. Luck is good and I'm not saying they won't score some points, but unless Denver comes out and totally stinks it up, they should win this one by 10 points.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Manning was hurt and played like shit. This team plays much more physical.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Luck looks like dog shit this season; the entire Horseshoes team does, actually. Expecting another dominant performance from our boys... let's keep progressing and building towards January.

Huge Nov coming up, Colts, Chiefs, Bears, Pats... going 5-0 would be swell.

VonDoom
11-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Anyone watch that Colts/Panthers game last night? For three quarters, Luck looked horrendous (the rain didn't help). I would seriously have considered putting in Hasselback. Then he has a great fourth quarter only to turn it over again in OT. Which Luck will we see? BTW, Luck leads the league with 12 interceptions, and he's only played in five games.

My concern about this game is that the Colts are in Manning's head. We're only 1-2 against them since Manning has been here. The one win was opening day last year where we had to hang on to a lead like grim death as Luck marched down the field. They're certainly worse right now but they did play the Pats pretty well until that bizarre fake punt.

Northman
11-03-2015, 09:40 AM
If the Colts want to win (or try to win) they should play Hassleback. Not that he is a better overall QB than Luck but Luck is obviously having issues with his injury as he is not the same QB he has been the last few years so something is really going on there. He's tough but he is costing his team games because he isnt a 100%.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Anyone watch that Colts/Panthers game last night? For three quarters, Luck looked horrendous (the rain didn't help). I would seriously have considered putting in Hasselback. Then he has a great fourth quarter only to turn it over again in OT. Which Luck will we see? BTW, Luck leads the league with 12 interceptions, and he's only played in five games.

My concern about this game is that the Colts are in Manning's head. We're only 1-2 against them since Manning has been here. The one win was opening day last year where we had to hang on to a lead like grim death as Luck marched down the field. They're certainly worse right now but they did play the Pats pretty well until that bizarre fake punt.

I think we will curb stomp them. Their D is average, and their line can't block. I believe our D is going to be looking for payback from last year's playoff loss.

BroncoJoe
11-03-2015, 12:29 PM
I think we will curb stomp them. Their D is average, and their line can't block. I believe our D is going to be looking for payback from last year's playoff loss.

Definitely this!

Add Manning to that as well.

EastCoastBronco
11-03-2015, 01:12 PM
I say we win but I'm always wary after a huge emotional win.
The prospect of a "trap game" always goes up after a win like we just had.
Hopefully Kubes will have them coached up right...

On a side note, the above only applies to the offence.
Our defence only has one gear...;-)

Shazam!
11-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Colts walking into a chainsaw next week.

I can't even see Luck playing the whole game, he'll get pulled.

TXBRONC
11-03-2015, 01:44 PM

I would love to see Denver humiliate the Colts in their own house.

MasterShake
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Denver looked FAST Sunday night and I hope they keep that up. I want to see both records broken against the Colts as our season starts to kick into gear finally on offense.

Locnar
11-04-2015, 12:58 PM
I can't help but have to have an uneasy feeling about this game. Even with our offense clicking and defense playing at an unbelievably high level this is one game I can see our secondary slipping up. And sure Peyton looked good last game but that was with an extra week off. I will say though as long as he's not throwing ducks to the sideline we are in better shape, and last game was evidence that they are getting away from that bs.. It's probably my pessimism giving me this uneasy feeling because I've seen games like these in the past..

Bronco9798
11-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Colts walking into a chainsaw next week.

I can't even see Luck playing the whole game, he'll get pulled.

Speaking of chainsaw, I walked into one last week. Cutting some trees and doing a little landscaping and it got me.

Joel
11-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I say we win but I'm always wary after a huge emotional win.
The prospect of a "trap game" always goes up after a win like we just had.
Hopefully Kubes will have them coached up right...

On a side note, the above only applies to the offence.
Our defence only has one gear...;-)
Trap's only on the table if 1) the preceding game was a big win (e.g. tight and gutsy or dominating statement) encouraging the team to exhale, 2) the following game is also big (e.g. tough opponent and/or fierce rival) preoccupying the team and 3) the current game is easily overlooked (e.g. weak forgettable opponent.) The first definitely applies to beating a SB contender, especially with all the emotion and inspiration in many of Elways championship teammate returning to honor a beloved owner too ill to attend.

The second nominally applies to a historically competitive division rival, but less so hosting a declining KC we already beat on the road when Charles wasn't on IR. Not to mention that KC's beaten Manning all of ONCE in fifteen tries (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/67987/chiefs-history-vs-peyton-manning-is-sad), including a 40° home playoff loss to him that spawned the meaningless "never won <40°" stat (if anyone ever wondered how we got that stat, wonder no more: Just take whatever happens to be his coldest win, then point out the obvious fact he's "never won" when it was even colder.)

The third... I realize Indy has a losing record despite arguably the NFLs worst division, just fired their OC and also just found themselves under an NFL investigation for illegally hiding Lucks broken ribs: They're still a probable playoff team and still Indy, with all the recent and ancient history that carries for the Broncos as a whole and Manning particularly.

They bookended our 2014 season by nearly completing a 24 pt comeback win in our house Opening Day and FINISHING our season by easily beating us there in a playoff game WE were expected to win easily. All the credible talk of "Old Manning" really started that day, and just kept getting louder and louder until last Sunday night caused second guessing: Next week the question is "was the GB game for real, or was Mannings last game vs. Indy the new normal?"

Then there's his first return to Indy, when they staged their own lengthy disingenuous "tribute" and opened the roof just for the sake of screwing with his head. Then then robbed Decker of a TD and stripped another at the goal line when it would've gotten us back in the game. Worst of all, they DEMOLISHED our "line," strip-sacking Manning for a safety in the course of exposing the Achilles heel SD and Seattle used so effectively against us the rest of the year: The spotlight on ANOTHER problem plagued us from then till last Sunday.

NO chance we're looking past this game. The most likely trap on our schedule is visiting the hapless Bears between hosting KC and N*, but I'm betting most of the team wants to payback Fox and Gase for last years playoff game far too badly to overlook that one either.

SR
11-04-2015, 03:17 PM
That's delicious.

DenBronx
11-04-2015, 03:22 PM

Heard that. He also said when they found out they were underdogs at home against Green Bay that made him mad. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder and has a long memory. I feel like we have the leagues best CBs.

That PI call on him last game was BS.

#swaggyC

DenBronx
11-04-2015, 03:24 PM

I would love to see Denver humiliate the Colts in their own house.

Irsay really gets under my skin. His team is going to get shit on.

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I can't wait to see Von Miller shove a fragment of broken rib into Andrew Luck's heart (just kidding, hope Andrew is alright)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Speaking of chainsaw, I walked into one last week. Cutting some trees and doing a little landscaping and it got me.

You're lucky that's not a lot worse.

Joel
11-04-2015, 04:14 PM
I can't wait to see Von Miller shove a fragment of broken rib into Andrew Luck's heart (just kidding, hope Andrew is alright)
Yeah, not cool man; last time that happened in a game the freakin' activist PRESIDENT jumped in to make us put seven guys on the line at the snap and let people throw FORWARD. Ruined the game forever: The ACTUAL little girl who died playing football that year didn't seem to mind! :rolleyes: You kids think your little finesse and slap fight rules are so "tough;" none of you could survive a minute of REAL football—I didn't! :confused: Now, get out of here: Sprinklers come on in five seconds!

BroncoNut
11-04-2015, 04:20 PM

damn, those look like nice jeans too :smh:

LawDog
11-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Rub some dirt on it and get back to gardening.