PDA

View Full Version : Should we proceed with caution?

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2015, 02:26 AM
It took me nearly a year to look at the evidence and conclude Peyton was done.

From the rams game last year until Cleveland he has been below average.

Until before the Cleveland game, I still thought he was our best option and that he would come good, but in the end, the tape was not lying.

So, then green bay happened lol

My question is, just as it took nearly a year for me move on from being a manning sycophant, should we not wait and see if this was a one off before presuming that he is "back"?

Canmore
11-02-2015, 02:31 AM

Until before the Cleveland game, I still thought he was our best option and that he would come good, but in the end, the tape was not lying.

My question is, just as it took nearly a year for me move on from being a manning sycophant, should we not wait and see if this was a one off before presuming that he is "back"?

NO!

MOtorboat
11-02-2015, 02:39 AM
**** no.

Timmy!
11-02-2015, 02:58 AM
No......we will proceed with bending fools over like a 1890s whore on payday, and then kick the refs square in the balls for good measure.

Joel
11-02-2015, 03:02 AM
Manning was never the PROBLEM in the first place: Last nights Manning looked like 2013 regular season Manning; our other 6 games he looked like 2013 postseason Manning. Now, unless someone thinks Father Time caught up with him over the 2013 playoff bye, then disappeared after THIS bye, there must be a non-QB explanation. And there is:

San Diego showed the NFL how to beat 2013 Manning even amid his record-shattering season, then a far better Seahawks D and run game underscored it for the whole PLANET in SB XLVIII. If one looked closely, it was clear as far back as Manning audibling to Hillman runs trying but FAILING to run out the clock against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs (leaving them down a TD with no time outs and 0:38 on their own 20 STILL should've been good enough if Moore could do a safeties most basic job, but wouldn't have beaten N*.)

Last night, Manning tried the same thing most of the second half—but this time it WORKED because the LINE showed up, both opening holes for our RBs and protecting their QB so he could exploit that with play-action over the middle and deep balls when the D started watching the RBs more than the QB and WRs.

YES, we should proceed with caution: Green Bays D came into this game already ranked low in rushing average (though they were 2nd only to us in sacks through 6 games.) Until/unless we run like that with CONSISTENCY we can't count on it, and the same for pass protection (though this is the second straight game Manning's had good protection; he's starting to expect it again, and that should scare every team BUT ours.) But I've long said this team with a line would be unstoppable. If that's where we FINALLY are....

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 03:26 AM
Manning has earned the right to a week without being told he's trash. 1 good game vs 10 poor games obviously says he isn't back (yet). We will learn a lot the rest of the season in regards to him being back. He's never going to be the old manning but if he can not turning it over and manage the game perfectly as he did today we will win the super bowl.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 03:27 AM
Manning was never the PROBLEM in the first place: Last nights Manning looked like 2013 regular season Manning; our other 6 games he looked like 2013 postseason Manning. Now, unless someone thinks Father Time caught up with him over the 2013 playoff bye, then disappeared after THIS bye, there must be a non-QB explanation. And thereof is:

San Diego showed the NFL how to beat 2013 Manning even amid his record-shattering season, then a far better Seahawks D and run game underscored it for the whole PLANET in SB XLVIII. If one looked closely, it was clear as far back as Manning audibling to Hillman runs trying but FAILING to run out the clock against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs (leaving them down a TD with no time outs and 0:38 on their own 20 STILL should've been good enough if Moore could do a safeties most basic job, but wouldn't have beaten N*.)

Last night, Manning tried the same thing most of the second half—but this time it WORKED because the LINE showed up, both opening holes for our RBs and protecting their QB so he could exploit that with play-action over the middle and deep balls when the D started watching the RBs more than the QB and WRs.

YES, we should proceed with caution: Green Bays D came into this game already ranked low in rushing average (though they were 2nd only to us in sacks through 6 games.) Until/unless we run like that with CONSISTENCY we can't count on it, and the same for pass protection (though this is the second straight game Manning's had good protection; he's starting to expect it again, and that should scare every team BUT ours.) But I've long said this team with a line would be unstoppable. If that's where we FINALLY are....
Lol

Canmore
11-02-2015, 03:31 AM
Manning has earned the right to a week without being told he's trash. 1 good game vs 10 poor games obviously says he isn't back (yet). We will learn a lot the rest of the season in regards to him being back. He's never going to be the old manning but if he can not turning it over and manage the game perfectly as he did today we will win the super bowl.

??? You didn't get to walk in the eighth grade ceremony, did you?

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 03:36 AM
Did you? Because I'm sure no teacher ever taught you to start a sentence with question marks. Piss off

Timmy!
11-02-2015, 03:36 AM

I'm sorry.....I couldn't understand your incoherent mumbling with 18s junk shoved down your throat.

Canmore
11-02-2015, 03:39 AM
Did you? Because I'm sure no teacher ever taught you to start a sentence with question marks. Piss off

My, we're getting fired up this morning.

Joel
11-02-2015, 04:24 AM
Manning has earned the right to a week without being told he's trash.
Manning need only complete 72% of passes for 340 yds and you'll deign to allow him the basic respect EVERYONE deserves—for a WEEK: Someones parents raised them right. Go find that person and ask them to teach you how to be a decent human being. "Hurry, hurry!" ;)

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 04:28 AM
My, we're getting fired up this morning.

Ive been fired up all night, getting attacked left and right. Mainly for giving manning props in my own special kind of way.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Manning need only complete 72% of passes for 340 yds and you'll deign to allow him the basic respect EVERYONE deserves—for a WEEK: Someones parents raised them right. Go find that person and ask them to teach you how to be a decent human being. "Hurry, hurry!" ;)

True enough. I just want to see if he can sustain being a game manager. Especially as it starts to get cold. Him being a game manager is the only way for him at this point.

Dean
11-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Do game managers pass for 340 yards?

VonDoom
11-02-2015, 09:58 AM
I think that what you're going to get with a 39 year old Manning will be inconsistent play. But he showed that he's capable of having games like last night, so I see no reason to think it can't happen again. What was different yesterday? A functional O-line and a good running game. Imagine that - the QB looks better having those tools at his disposal.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Manning had much better decision making in this outside of his poorly thrown int.

He hit his TE across the middle took advantage of his CB on thomas.

Offense in general aged bwtter. Another game with Manning g not taking a sack but this time e he made better decisions with his time. Picked apart the defense and running game game worked.

Northman
11-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Manning had much better decision making in this outside of his poorly thrown int.

He hit his TE across the middle took advantage of his CB on thomas.

Offense in general aged bwtter. Another game with Manning g not taking a sack but this time e he made better decisions with his time. Picked apart the defense and running game game worked.

Its the best he has looked in quite a while dating back to the end of last year. I hope we can keep this momentum going.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 10:25 AM
I can't find anything in writing, but heard (either during the broadcast or on the radio afterwards) that Manning spend time during the bye working with the receivers and timing. Remember, they did not hold any practices during the bye - it was all Manning wanting to get better and getting everyone together to work.

Thrilled to hear that!

Northman
11-02-2015, 10:27 AM
I can't find anything in writing, but heard (either during the broadcast or on the radio afterwards) that Manning spend time during the bye working with the receivers and timing. Remember, they did not hold any practices during the bye - it was all Manning wanting to get better and getting everyone together to work.

Thrilled to hear that!

Yea, they mentioned that on the tv last night that Manning and the receivers worked a lot together.

GEM
11-02-2015, 10:33 AM
I think it's a product of a lot of things coming together, but Schlereth said at the beginning of the season that it would be about the 7th-8th week that the OL would start gelling, I think they are. There were a couple of spots last night where Manning was getting happy feet, but it's definitely cut down week to week. Then working with the receivers to catch balls instead of dropping them. It's a work in progress and if it continues like last night, then it's more positive than negative. Guarded excitement is warranted, the next game or 2 should cement the direction this offense is going.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 11:10 AM

Thrilled to hear that!

I saw posts on twitter. Also stating he has been doing wind sprints after practice too. So he can do his 1-2 bootleg a game.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I saw posts on twitter. Also stating he has been doing wind sprints after practice too. So he can do his 1-2 bootleg a game.

If Manning pulls a hamstring or a quad running wind sprints... :mad:

That said, this is the offense we thought we were getting with Manning, to protect him over the last year or two of his career and give this D a chance to take it home. We don't have to be the best offense ever - but we NEED to put the ball in the end zone on offense and stop turning it over. Last night was outstanding on all fronts, and our lead in the West is 3 games already, with the Raiders (!) as our closest challengers. I don't want to have to go to NE in January, but with the team we're fielding I'm perfectly willing to take up that gauntlet.

Bring on whatever comes. This iteration of the Broncos isn't scared of a fight, and now that Manning has seen proof that the gameplan by Kubes stands a chance of working it may be easier to fit all the parts together. Just get healthy and stay healthy, Denver. That's our biggest opponent at the moment.

Ravage!!!
11-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Game manager! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was a game TAKER last night... the last thing he was doing was just "Managing"...that's absurd.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Caution smaution

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Game manager! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was a game TAKER last night... the last thing he was doing was just "Managing"...that's absurd.

A part of it was the fact their top corners were out too. This helped Manning out and I hope this was what he needed to build his confidence in the offense.

gregbroncs
11-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Manning was never the PROBLEM in the first place: Last nights Manning looked like 2013 regular season Manning; our other 6 games he looked like 2013 postseason Manning. Now, unless someone thinks Father Time caught up with him over the 2013 playoff bye, then disappeared after THIS bye, there must be a non-QB explanation. And there is:

YES, we should proceed with caution: Green Bays D came into this game already ranked low in rushing average (though they were 2nd only to us in sacks through 6 games.) Until/unless we run like that with CONSISTENCY we can't count on it, and the same for pass protection (though this is the second straight game Manning's had good protection; he's starting to expect it again, and that should scare every team BUT ours.) But I've long said this team with a line would be unstoppable. If that's where we FINALLY are....Manning was a huge problem. Especially against Cleveland.

That said he looked awesome last night and if he does it for a few more weeks I'm ready to concede that it was not that he was done, but that he was not comfortable with the system. He still made a couple bone headed plays last night, the pick was pathetic, and he had a pass hit a defenders helmet that he never should have thrown and should have had it picked, it was almost exactly like the OT pick a few weeks ago.

tubby
11-02-2015, 11:52 AM
No. Cockwag freely.

#cockwag

artie_dale
11-02-2015, 12:05 PM

I agree with Joel a bit.

What's the point of "proceeding with caution", though? GB was undefeated and had a tougher schedule leading up to this game than we did. My concerns going into this game were:

1) Is our defense legit? (we played teams that were under .500)

2) How will our offense fair against a good GB defense?

Both those concerns were alleviated as far as I'm concerned.

It was a dominating win against a damn good SB contender. I don't expect us to go undefeated but I do now expect us to be in every game from here on out.

And as far as Peyton's early season woes, I think that was all a product of him letting Kubes be the coach and Peyton doing what his coach was asking of him. The bye week seems to have allowed them to figure out a best solution and allowed out OL to get their shit together.

Great game. Peyton is CAPABLE (not "back") to move this offense into position to put up points.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Do game managers pass for 340 yards?

Um yes? He had no touchdowns and a bad int. He managed the game. When you hit a few deep balls your going to crack 300. You people find anything to debate lol.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2015, 02:15 PM
He was 6" from a TD pass to DT. If Bubba had not received a PI in the end zone, that could have been a TD. When the running backs are scoring TD's, obviously the QB does not get credit for those TD's. Bad int???? It was on a tipped pass.

GEM
11-02-2015, 02:25 PM
He was 6" from a TD pass to DT. If Bubba had not received a PI in the end zone, that could have been a TD. When the running backs are scoring TD's, obviously the QB does not get credit for those TD's. Bad int???? It was on a tipped pass.

Don't bother, Carol. When people have it in for a player, no matter what the player does, it's not good enough. Not worth the time to reply....:) Wasn't that an awesome game!! :D

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Don't bother, Carol. When people have it in for a player, no matter what the player does, it's not good enough. Not worth the time to reply....:) Wasn't that an awesome game!! :D

Manning was lucky that Packers were down their top 2 corners in this game. Both injured in 1st quarter. This was by far his best game. Everything was working. He found his reivers, spread it around. OL neutralized the #2 pass rushing defense and let manning be comfortable.

But DT was on top of his game. He got separation and caught a few not so perfect passes. 1 was when he had to jump high for it.

gregbroncs
11-02-2015, 06:38 PM
He was 6" from a TD pass to DT. If Bubba had not received a PI in the end zone, that could have been a TD. When the running backs are scoring TD's, obviously the QB does not get credit for those TD's. Bad int???? It was on a tipped pass.It was tipped? The tipped pass was not intercepted the pass that was intercepted looked like it went right to the defender. Overall I agree with the sentiment that Peyton was great yesterday and that Yash is full of shit.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:45 PM
It was tipped? The tipped pass was not intercepted the pass that was intercepted looked like it went right to the defender. Overall I agree with the sentiment that Peyton was great yesterday and that Yash is full of shit.

Yea, i dont think the pass that was intercepted was tipped. But i believe we were in a 3rd and forever and Manning was trying to make a play but just made a bad decision. Im not overly worried about that one even though we probably could of run it and punted but at least he played much better overall and ill take it.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 07:16 PM
One.
Game.
At.
A.
Time.

imTHATguy
11-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Caution smaution

Literally laughed out loud at this!

imTHATguy
11-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Oh, and Yoshi IS a douchbag... Look son, you've had fun all year saying that Peyton was washed up. Now that you've been proved wrong, you want to change the discussion and say he MANAGED the game? You must have a different definition of managing a game than me... Trent Dilfer was a game manager... Last night was game WINNING. Until you understand the difference, you should probably let the big folks talk about football, ok?

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Oh, and Yoshi IS a douchbag... Look son, you've had fun all year saying that Peyton was washed up. Now that you've been proved wrong, you want to change the discussion and say he MANAGED the game? You must have a different definition of managing a game than me... Trent Dilfer was a game manager... Last night was game WINNING. Until you understand the difference, you should probably let the big folks talk about football, ok?

One good game out of 11 and I'm proven wrong? Your that stupid guy. Wow no wonder the IQ of this nation has dropped. I guess if you get one question out of 12 correct on a test it means you've accomplished something and passed. Because that's exactly what manning has done. He's played good in one game the entire season and somehow your moronic ass thinks he's proven he's back lol. Fan IQ at an all time low.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Guy throws for zero touchdowns and one int and thats GAME WINNING lmao. I guess when your ranked dead last at your position you can go nowhere but up. So the stupid group of fans say hey he's back!

turftoad
11-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Knock it off in here boys.

TIA

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Fair enough. Im going to get back to letting the insults roll off my shoulders. Im better than that.

Cugel
11-03-2015, 12:19 AM

There are still a lot of butt-hurt Tebowites in this town who have been waiting for 3 years to say "I told you so! Manning is washed up!" (and then under their breath "we shudda kept Timmy! He won a playoff game! Tebow would have won the SB!")

It's like arguing with global warming deniers. No evidence is ever conclusive enough that they're wrong.

Cugel
11-03-2015, 12:24 AM
One good game out of 11 and I'm proven wrong? Your that stupid guy. Wow no wonder the IQ of this nation has dropped. I guess if you get one question out of 12 correct on a test it means you've accomplished something and passed. Because that's exactly what manning has done. He's played good in one game the entire season and somehow your moronic ass thinks he's proven he's back lol. Fan IQ at an all time low.

The question which you've ignored all season is WHY. Why did Manning have success last night and struggle and throw multiple interceptions in earlier games?

But, you don't want to answer that question because it would utterly torpedo your idiotic "Manning is physically washed up" theory.

But, no matter how you twist and turn, you're going to have to admit you were wrong this season, because it's not going to be just 1 game. Manning's performance is going to get better and stay better because his teammates are giving him more help. The OL is playing better. The run game is better. DT didn't drop any balls. Virgil Green actually caught a pass. Owen Daniels actually got open for a change. Now the offense is adding an elite pass-catching TE in Vernon Davis, a former top 10 pick talent.

This offense is gearing up to become a top 10 offense by the end of this season and it looks like they might do it. Next step: engineering a trade for Joe Thomas.

tubby
11-03-2015, 12:55 AM
:hotcarl:

Canmore
11-03-2015, 12:55 AM
Fair enough. Im going to get back to letting the insults roll off my shoulders. Im better than that.

Better than WHAT?

Hawgdriver
11-03-2015, 01:04 AM
If by "proceed with caution" you mean don't bang the smokin but crazy chick until you know what you are signing up for, then I say let the banging commence.

Yashahla17
11-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Better than WHAT?

Simpletons

Canmore
11-03-2015, 01:23 AM
In his best Jim Carrey voice Yashi says "You're an idiot" "I'm an idiot!"

Yashahla17
11-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Jim carey fan?

Canmore
11-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Lol, yes!

Yashahla17
11-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Lol, yes!

Lol cool. Havent seen a movie from him in awhile. What did he retire?