PDA

View Full Version : The Good and the Bad: Week 8

BroncoWave
11-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Wow, what a game tonight. Talk about firing on all cylinders. I have nothing bad to say about this team anymore. We are a legit super bowl contender.

Good:

Peyton- Man had himself a game tonight. Hate that he didn't get a TD for his efforts, but he certainly made a bunch of people, myself included, look foolish tonight. That late pick stung, but I can forgive it with the game he had.

CJ/Hillman: Both were straight balling tonight. So awesome to see the run game click like that. They were men on a mission tonight. CJ might have been our player of the game.

Green/Daniels: Awesome to see our tight ends finally wake up from their slumber. Great game by them tonight.

DT: Dude was just a flat out beast tonight. Making plays all up and down the field.

Fowler: Made some nice clutch catches tonight. Guy has definitely locked up the WR3 spot IMO.

Pass rush: Rodgers did a great job evading it, but we were up his ass all night. Finally started getting those sacks in the 4th.

Ware: He gets a special call out for that beautiful strip-sack.

Secondary: Great grades all around. As much time as Arod bought himself, they were locking down their receivers all day.

McManus: Was money again. Totally solid.

Bad:

The refs. They were total shit tonight but we overcame it.

No Broncos in this column tonight. Hell even Malik even avoided a stupid play tonight, so you know the team was firing on all cylinders. What a complete team win tonight. So awesome to see. Go Broncos!

BroncoJoe
11-01-2015, 11:24 PM
OL?
Kubiak?

BroncoWave
11-01-2015, 11:30 PM
OL?
Kubiak?

I typed this up pretty quickly but yes, they deserve praise all-around as well. Manning was untouched tonight and the playcalling was on point. Again, just a total team win from top to bottom.

UnderArmour
11-01-2015, 11:45 PM
I think Schofield has won the RT job outright, even if Sambrailo takes Harris back out of the lineup at LT. Mathis looked really good tonight too.

Joel
11-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Hell even Malik even avoided a stupid play tonight, so you know the team was firing on all cylinders.
It's funny, because it's true. And because we won. Dominated; first dominant win of the season, and it's against a SB favorite: BONUS!

What a complete team win tonight. So awesome to see. Go Broncos!
Nothing more to add, really: Game ball to EVERYONE!

underrated29
11-02-2015, 12:09 AM
The OL. Through and through.

Funny how manning and the run game suddenly look good when the OL does their job. What a coincidence.

The defense was awesome too!
Great team win.

wayninja
11-02-2015, 12:12 AM
While it did feel slanted, not all the penalties were bad calls. We gave up a boatload of yards on penalties. That needs to be cleaned up. That's all I can think of for negatives.

I think this is the first game of the year where we didn't have a single dropped pass.

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 12:14 AM
While it did feel slanted, not all the penalties were bad calls. We gave up a boatload of yards on penalties. That needs to be cleaned up. That's all I can think of for negatives.

I think this is the first game of the year where we didn't have a single dropped pass.

In more good news I did not have to consult a doctor about an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

wayninja
11-02-2015, 12:15 AM
In more good news I did not have to consult a doctor about an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

Ew.

Joel
11-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Funny how manning and the run game suddenly look good when the OL does their job. What a coincidence.
No kidding, and who gets the bulk of the credit the same way they got the bulk of the blame when we couldn't run OR pass. Does that even out? If we ignore their salaries?

OrangeFanatic
11-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Some of the best crow I've ever eaten.

OrangeHoof
11-02-2015, 12:31 AM
This was a total beatdown. Could you imagine a Manning performance where he has one pick and zero touchdown passes and come away saying he had a great game??

I want to watch a repeat performance against Lady Brady at the end of the month.

Joel
11-02-2015, 12:40 AM
This was a total beatdown. Could you imagine a Manning performance where he has one pick and zero touchdown passes and come away saying he had a great game??

I want to watch a repeat performance against Lady Brady at the end of the month.
He got us to the red zone with lots of huge passes after we gouged them for so many runs they HAD to honor it; after that, I really don't care with Manning gets all the TDs or Anderson and Hillman do. They both did their part to get us there (else Manning wouldn't have had >300 yds and a high completion percentage) which is why EITHER were capable of scoring once we did. He had an easy bootleg TD to Caldwell called back because of a ticky tack penalty, so we just ran it in on the very next play.

THAT'S how Historys Greatest Offense, looks folks. Imagine what we'd have accomplished by now if we'd rebuilt the line 2-3 years ago.

G_Money
11-02-2015, 12:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/G8W9A.gif

Amazing game. :salute:

WJK
11-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Broncos playing offense=Happy Gilmore learning how to putt

GEM
11-02-2015, 01:42 AM
The fans. It was loud as hell when it needed to be...and by that I meanveverybtime Rodgers was on the field.

The bad: the little packers chic sitting in front of us who made a point to turn around and clap at Broncos fans the 5 timedvthe packers did domething. The good: the look on her face when I said scoreboard each time . That was great!

Canmore
11-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Wow, what a game tonight. Talk about firing on all cylinders. I have nothing bad to say about this team anymore. We are a legit super bowl contender.

Good:

Peyton- Man had himself a game tonight. Hate that he didn't get a TD for his efforts, but he certainly made a bunch of people, myself included, look foolish tonight.

Peyton was PEYTON! The offensive line was awesome and the defense was beyond superlatives.

Joel
11-02-2015, 02:15 AM
The fans. It was loud as hell when it needed to be...and by that I meanveverybtime Rodgers was on the field.

The bad: the little packers chic sitting in front of us who made a point to turn around and clap at Broncos fans the 5 timedvthe packers did domething. The good: the look on her face when I said scoreboard each time . That was great!
Good to know; on TV, it seemed to me it was loud pretty much the whole time, and when we got the ball I just kept thinking, :censored:ing cheesebrains....

MOtorboat
11-02-2015, 02:54 AM
Good: Everything.

Timmy!
11-02-2015, 03:01 AM
The smell of crow is palpable.

Joel
11-02-2015, 03:07 AM
The smell of crow is palpable.
Like napalm in the morning. :)

MOtorboat
11-02-2015, 03:08 AM

You're an expert on crow. You've been eating it since Manning signed. Who were those four free agents again?

Canmore
11-02-2015, 03:09 AM

Smells like...Victory!!!

Joel
11-02-2015, 04:03 AM
You're an expert on crow. You've been eating it since Manning signed. Who were those four free agents again?
Hey, it was worth it to see our run surge and pass protection win the 2012 playoffs, beat Seattle in SB XLVIII and take us back to the SB last year even though I predicted inability to run OR protect our QB would not only doom us to failure but bring out hordes of myopic "fans" laying all the blame entirely at his feet. Oh, wait: ALL that crap's EXACTLY what happened; never mind. I'm just glad Elway finally DID do what I wanted most: Bring in Kubiak, Dennison and Wade; pity he didn't do it a year sooner, in time to help Manning.

It's not like our STARTING line has two 2nd year guys who'd never played NFL snap before this season, plus a rookie, because we kicked 3 scrub "starters" to the curb—wait, NO, that happened, TOO, and we have people starting trade deadline threads hoping we can find a GM stupid enough to trade us MULTIPLE All Pros in their prime: MAYBE building a line and TEAM and THEN getting the stud QB was worth a shot; it's not like Manning's the ONLY QB who can win a SB: Every champ since 2006 has done it without it, usually OVER him.

Line had one truly solid game against a bottom 10 run D; it's a big improvement, but let's wait until they manage MULTIPLE games before declaring all problems solved.

SR
11-02-2015, 07:32 AM
While it did feel slanted, not all the penalties were bad calls. We gave up a boatload of yards on penalties. That needs to be cleaned up. That's all I can think of for negatives. I think this is the first game of the year where we didn't have a single dropped pass.

This team has been playing undisciplined football all season. Last night was no exception.

BroncoWave
11-02-2015, 07:34 AM
This team has been playing undisciplined football all season. Last night was no exception.

Last night was still by far the cleanest game at least in terms of just bonehead penalties. The only personal foul stemmed from a guy making an aggressive play, which I can live with. No stupid after the whistle shit. Malik especially gets a gold star.

GEM
11-02-2015, 08:37 AM
We just beat the God damn Packers...whooped the shit out of them...there was no negative...undisciplined. ..the refs were a damn joke last night. Best game of the season and still complaining. ****...enjoy it, sr....it was great

CoachChaz
11-02-2015, 09:57 AM
While the whole line played great, I'll give additional props to Paradis and Schofield. They had their question marks, but I think they should be two regular pieces for years to come. Both are having great seasons despite the questions we've had with the OL.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 10:07 AM
The OL. Through and through.

The defense was awesome too!
Great team win.

OL looked good last week (not this good) too just poor decision making on Manning game part.

underrated29
11-02-2015, 10:23 AM
While the whole line played great, I'll give additional props to Paradis and Schofield. They had their question marks, but I think they should be two regular pieces for years to come. Both are having great seasons despite the questions we've had with the OL.

Yep. I have always liked paradis but I was very very critical of schofield. He has looked tremendous! Way better than Harris at RT. I wonder what the plan is in the future with Ty and schofield....schofield to LT? Ty stays at LT?
They were awesome!

OL looked good last week (not this good) too just poor decision making on Manning game part.

I didn't get to watch the browns game except for the final 3 plays in overtime. I'll take your word for it

GEM
11-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Garcia had a rough night, those 2 penalties back to back and I yelled "Get your shit together 73!" The guy in front of me laughed and told me to go get that guy's shit together. :laugh:

chazoe60
11-02-2015, 11:05 AM
One guy that stood out to me was Lorente(SP?) McCray. He had a whale of a game in what was easily the game in which he saw his most action of the season.

It's scary to think but or second pass rush unit of Ray/McCray and Barret might be as good as any other starting unit in the league. The only problem I see is that those dudes are playing themselves into big contracts from other teams.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Yep. I have always liked paradis but I was very very critical of schofield. He has looked tremendous! Way better than Harris at RT. I wonder what the plan is in the future with Ty and schofield....schofield to LT? Ty stays at LT?
They were awesome!

I didn't get to watch the browns game except for the final 3 plays in overtime. I'll take your word for it

OL was was better by leaps and bounds do over previous games. The number of hits dropped significantly and he was not sacked in Cleveland.

And now in GB they did better blocking in run game and keeping pocket clean for longer.

NightTerror218
11-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Garcia had a rough night, those 2 penalties back to back and I yelled "Get your shit together 73!" The guy in front of me laughed and told me to go get that guy's shit together. :laugh:

Poor guy, his only 2 mistakes were back to back this game to make them stand out more. I love the guy in the run game, pass protection could use some more help.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 11:13 AM
One guy that stood out to me was Lorente(SP?) McCray. He had a whale of a game in what was easily the game in which he saw his most action of the season.

It's scary to think but or second pass rush unit of Ray/McCray and Barret might be as good as any other starting unit in the league. The only problem I see is that those dudes are playing themselves into big contracts from other teams.

Ray is under contract for 4-5 years, but I'm curious about McCray and Barrett's contracts. I hope they aren't just one year deals, especially Shaq's.

artie_dale
11-02-2015, 12:12 PM
The penalties are what I could live without. GB may not have scored at all had it not been for those penalties (Bruton hitting high on Rodgers and holds against our DBs prolonged drives). BUT, Seattle has also proven that a Pass Interference is worth preventing a TD/Big Play Completion, because a good D can still recover. Overall STOKED about our play last night.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Really isn't any bad on the Broncos side. This made me smile from SI.COM:

These Broncos are a team that only recently learned what it feels like to not be mentioned among the NFL’s highest echelon, and they treat doubt the way DeMarcus Ware and Von Miller treat quarterbacks: with complete, utter, painful disrespect. These are the grown-up Broncos, their identity still tied to Manning but who're evolved beyond him. They’re ferocious. They’re a living, breathing hammer.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/02/nfl-week-8-broncos-packers-sunday-night-football-peyton-manning

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2015, 01:38 PM
The Good:

We're 7-0! I loved Chris Harris' comment after the game, "We definitely got an A+ on that test!"

Al Michaels said, "No question, this is a beat-down" during the telecast. Loved it!

While every facet of the team played well, there is still room for improvement. That is a good thing! Our offense hasn't reached it's potential yet. But, even if it doesn't, the way they played tonight is enough when paired with that defense.

When is the last time ANY NFL team was held to less than 50 yards passing? Maybe it happens more frequently than I think it does, but I can't imagine that happening very often.

The Bad:

Now the league is on notice. We're not going to sneak up on anyone.

GEM
11-02-2015, 02:21 PM
The penalties are what I could live without. GB may not have scored at all had it not been for those penalties (Bruton hitting high on Rodgers and holds against our DBs prolonged drives). BUT, Seattle has also proven that a Pass Interference is worth preventing a TD/Big Play Completion, because a good D can still recover. Overall STOKED about our play last night.

The hit on Rodgers....this is just my opinion, (I was at game and the play was on the side of the field opposite of me so I didn't see it clear and only caught a better glimpse via replay) could he pull up and stop? I just think in some of these situations when the qb gets it out quickly when the rush comes in, it would be damn near impossible to pull up, stop or sidestep to avoid contact. I don't know if that was the case here as I wasn't in a good position for a clear view on the play, but from the replay it didn't look like he could have done anything else.

Canmore
11-02-2015, 02:55 PM
The hit on Rodgers....this is just my opinion, (I was at game and the play was on the side of the field opposite of me so I didn't see it clear and only caught a better glimpse via replay) could he pull up and stop? I just think in some of these situations when the qb gets it out quickly when the rush comes in, it would be damn near impossible to pull up, stop or sidestep to avoid contact. I don't know if that was the case here as I wasn't in a good position for a clear view on the play, but from the replay it didn't look like he could have done anything else.

Bruton jumped to try and knock down the pass and his right forearm and hand contacted Rodger's neck as I remember. Was there anything he could have done differently? Not jump and target Rodger's torso. Awfully difficult in the heat of the moment.

Valar Morghulis
11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Bruton jumped to try and knock down the pass and his right forearm and hand contacted Rodger's neck as I remember. Was there anything he could have done differently? Not jump and target Rodger's torso. Awfully difficult in the heat of the moment.

Von had a similar hit, but never connected rodgers with his arms, I think that made the difference in the officials view as von appeared to pull out

MOtorboat
11-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Von had a similar hit, but never connected rodgers with his arms, I think that made the difference in the officials view as von appeared to pull out

Can't go high. That's the bottom line. Denver hit Rodgers multiple times, but I think that was the only penalty and it's because the defender went high. It was the right call.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 05:01 PM
GOOD:

We kicked their ass.

BAD:

Penalites?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2015, 05:07 PM

Good:

Peyton- Man had himself a game tonight. Hate that he didn't get a TD for his efforts, but he certainly made a bunch of people, myself included, look foolish tonight. That late pick stung, but I can forgive it with the game he had.

CJ/Hillman: Both were straight balling tonight. So awesome to see the run game click like that. They were men on a mission tonight. CJ might have been our player of the game.

Green/Daniels: Awesome to see our tight ends finally wake up from their slumber. Great game by them tonight.

DT: Dude was just a flat out beast tonight. Making plays all up and down the field.

Fowler: Made some nice clutch catches tonight. Guy has definitely locked up the WR3 spot IMO.

Pass rush: Rodgers did a great job evading it, but we were up his ass all night. Finally started getting those sacks in the 4th.

Secondary: Great grades all around. As much time as Arod bought himself, they were locking down their receivers all day.

Bad:

No Broncos in this column tonight. Hell even Malik even avoided a stupid play tonight, so you know the team was firing on all cylinders. What a complete team win tonight. So awesome to see. Go Broncos!

I would put Broncos fans in the good column as well. The atmosphere at Mile High is always incredible but last night (with all that was going on) was extra special. Could feel the passion and the excitement through my TV even more than usual and it was easy to see how the entire team fed off of it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 07:18 PM
One of my favorite plays was when Fowler tried to tackle that guy with a forearm shiver.

TXBRONC
11-03-2015, 08:15 AM

Good:

Bad:

I thought before the game that Broncos had a good chance to beat the Packers especially if they could get the offense going which they did. While I could see the Broncos winning it shock me that the Denver defense shut Rodgers down completely.

TXBRONC
11-03-2015, 08:42 PM

I know you were worried about Mile High being overrun with Packer dip shits but on t.v. it looked like Denver fans kept the infestation to minimum.

GEM
11-03-2015, 08:55 PM
I know you were worried about Mile High being overrun with Packer dip shits but on t.v. it looked like Denver fans kept the infestation to minimum.

It was about 75/25 mix. Not bad at all.