PDA

View Full Version : Props to Peyton(So far)

Rick
11-01-2015, 09:34 PM
I am not going to post this in some huge thread, I think it deserves it's own. Move it if you wish.

I have been one of Peyton's biggest critics this season, I did not want him this year, and I wanted a change at the bye.

If I am to bitch about the bad, I have to be fair and praise the good.

While it is still early in this game, and I still have my doubts over the rest of the season, Peyton is playing fantastic. He is proving me wrong and damn-it I want to be wrong...bad.

He is throwing accurately, moving around, hitting deep. He is forcing the defense to respect the passing and it is opening up the run.

Keep proving me wrong Peyton and I will be more than happy to hand out the props as well as be first in line to say I was wrong.

Again, this is still early, way early, but I have hope.

SR
11-01-2015, 09:46 PM
I would've waited till the game was over but yeah

Rick
11-01-2015, 09:47 PM
No matter how bad he plays the rest of this game, I have seen enough from him to say I was wrong and he can do this.

SR
11-01-2015, 09:57 PM
No matter how bad he plays the rest of this game, I have seen enough from him to say I was wrong and he can do this.

What will you say when he throws an ugly pick in the fourth quarter?

Rick
11-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Will I praise him for it? No.

Do I still think Brock is a better fit for this type of offense? Absolutely.

So far though, what can I say?

My arguments against Peyton is he can't throw it down field and he can't move around on rollouts.

He has done both with success so far in this game and if he is doing the very things I said he couldn't, it is only fair I prop him for it.

If he had so far done what he has previous to this game, I would be ragging on him and saying we should have just gone with Brock. If he does what he is suppose to do and I don't prop him for it just like I would rag him, what does that say about me?

He, so far, is proving he can run this offense, in a hybrid way, and is so far proving me wrong.

SR
11-01-2015, 11:04 PM
So there's the pick

Rick
11-01-2015, 11:09 PM
If he can continue 21-29 for 340, I will let an int slide.

SR
11-01-2015, 11:10 PM
If he can continue 21-29 for 340, I will let an int slide.

What's his QBR?

Rick
11-01-2015, 11:10 PM

SR
11-01-2015, 11:18 PM

So not great. If he throws a TD here it'll go up.

Rick
11-01-2015, 11:26 PM
I am not even asking him to be great, I just want him to be a functioning part of the offense.

I didn't have the slightest bit of faith he could run this offense.

I blamed the struggles of the run game on him, there was 0 reason for defenses to sit back, they could crowd the line, so where does the running game find room to run?

He made them respect it today. That respect opened up the running lanes because he was hitting the deep throws.

That is all I ask. I don't care if he leads the league in passing yards, we are a running team now, he needs to be functional.

We had 160 yards and 3 tds on the ground. We can win a superbowl with this offense, but he HAS to make them respect the rollouts and the deep throws. Today, he did.

MOtorboat
11-01-2015, 11:30 PM

96.9 is very, very good.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2015, 11:43 PM

QBR isn't the same as the old system. 96.9 is very good.

That pick was one that wouldn't had happened had we not had such a strong lead.

SR
11-01-2015, 11:45 PM
QBR isn't the same as the old system. 96.9 is very good. That pick was one that wouldn't had happened had we not had such a strong lead.

QBR is ESPNs system that goes from 0-100. I knew pulse was giving me the standard quarterback rating. Peyton's 96.9 was good, but not great. I'm not saying I don't think Peyton had a good game, because he did, but he still threw a bad pass for a pick in the fourth.

Joel
11-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Anything >90 is pretty good; doing it without any TD bonus is outstanding. Just because the WCO is practially DESIGNED for a rating system that gives a guy 15 pts for completing -5 yd passes shouldn't blind us to genuinely great performances. Pretty much all three of our TDs were set up with long Manning passes (in turn set up by gouging GB for big runs all night) and that's all I want from the pass: Get me first downs, and get me to the red zone; from there, the run can punch it in as easily as the pass.

As for ESPNs system: It's full of so much arbitrary subjective eye-of-the-beholder crap it makes the NFL passer rating look rigorous and objective; irrelevant.

Manning had an amazing night because his line CONSISTENTLY 1) opened rushing holes out of the backfield and few INTO it, setting up play-action and keeping the D guessing generally, and 2) protected him so he could exploit the opportunities those runs created. The talking heads did their job talking about this being a "SHUT UP!" game for Manning, but the guys who truly needed and fully achieved that were the linemen who'd been the leagues laughinstock since this time LAST year. 'Course, 3 are gone now; wonder why.... ;)

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 12:36 AM
I am not going to post this in some huge thread, I think it deserves it's own. Move it if you wish.

I have been one of Peyton's biggest critics this season, I did not want him this year, and I wanted a change at the bye.

While it is still early in this game, and I still have my doubts over the rest of the season, Peyton is playing fantastic. He is proving me wrong and damn-it I want to be wrong...bad.

He is throwing accurately, moving around, hitting deep. He is forcing the defense to respect the passing and it is opening up the run.

Keep proving me wrong Peyton and I will be more than happy to hand out the props as well as be first in line to say I was wrong.

You should probably leave talent evaluation to us big boys who have played high school football. 4 touchdowns in the city championship game, baby!

Joel
11-02-2015, 12:43 AM
You should probably leave talent evaluation to us big boys who have played high school football. 4 touchdowns in the city championship game, baby!
Unless you've had a JV cheerleader at midfield you don't know doody about the NFL, dudebro. ;)

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 01:12 AM

Manning deserves credit for showing up today. He will need it to continue though because one good game managing doesn't trump being poor the first 7 games. I am looking forward to him playing this kind of ball and if he does we will win the super bowl for sure. I didnt catch the end of the game but i heard he finally threw a int? Lol but anyways. He has shut me up for a week.

BronColt
11-02-2015, 01:37 AM
What's his QBR?

7-0

Joel
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM
Manning deserves credit for showing up today. He will need it to continue though because one good game managing doesn't trump being poor the first 7 games. I am looking forward to him playing this kind of ball and if he does we will win the super bowl for sure. I didnt catch the end of the game but i heard he finally threw a int? Lol but anyways. He has shut me up for a week.
21/29 and 340 odd yards is "managing"? What do you consider "dominating"? Dude posted a 96.9 passer rating; that's VERY good for a TWENTY-nine-year-old.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 02:18 AM
21/29 and 340 odd yards is "managing"? What do you consider "dominating"? Dude posted a 96.9 passer rating; that's VERY good for a TWENTY-nine-year-old.

Zero touchdowns. 1 int. Manning managed the game perfectly. If you think that was some sort of game breaking game then that's between you and your brain. It's almost like your trying to make being a game manager a bad thing now? Smh. The Broncos can only win it all with manning managing the game combined with the run game. The Broncos will not win with manning slinging it all over the place. The combination of the deep balls hitting and the run game/working the tight ends is the formula. Your going to see a lot of games where manning doesn't throw touchdowns. And that's fine as long as he's not turning it over and helping move the chains. Why are you trying to make him being labeled a game manager a bad thing? Lol. It's all he should be at 39.

MOtorboat
11-02-2015, 02:25 AM
Zero touchdowns. 1 int. Manning managed the game perfectly. If you think that was some sort of game breaking game then that's between you and your brain. It's almost like your trying to make being a game manager a bad thing now? Smh. The Broncos can only win it all with manning managing the game combined with the run game. The Broncos will not win with manning slinging it all over the place. The combination of the deep balls hitting and the run game/working the tight ends is the formula. Your going to see a lot of games where manning doesn't throw touchdowns. And that's fine as long as he's not turning it over and helping move the chains. Why are you trying to make him being labeled a game manager a bad thing? Lol. It's all he should be at 39.

Ahhahaha. Double down, lol.

Broncos just kicked the shit out of a 6-0 Packers team and you still can't stop from being a full d-bag.

Canmore
11-02-2015, 02:26 AM

You count as poorly as you analyze.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 03:15 AM
Ahhahaha. Double down, lol.

Broncos just kicked the shit out of a 6-0 Packers team and you still can't stop from being a full d-bag.

Are you Looney? I can't even give the old man props without you few weirdos having a issue with how I give him props. Nobody was happier than me watching manning look good managing the game in the game thread. I was in my couch jumping for joy. You dudes think I just hope he fails knowing that would ruin us getting a ring which is insanity!. I hope on everything manning can continue managing the game the way he did today. I hope it's sustainable! Get lost.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 03:18 AM
You count as poorly as you analyze.

That's fine. I like how I give manning credit and you guys still have a issue . Unbelievable.

Northman
11-02-2015, 06:57 AM

Despite what other people say the criticism of Peyton was warranted, even he would tell you that. But as you have stated here he and the Broncos came to play last night and showed their first complete game of the season against a very worthy opponent. Now, its just up to the team to build on this with consistency and if they can do that there really isnt anyone that can stop us. Even the coaches brought their "A" game last night as they finally ran the ball outside more and utilized the TE's that everyone hates so much.

Rick
11-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Are you Looney? I can't even give the old man props without you few weirdos having a issue with how I give him props. Nobody was happier than me watching manning look good managing the game in the game thread. I was in my couch jumping for joy. You dudes think I just hope he fails knowing that would ruin us getting a ring which is insanity!. I hope on everything manning can continue managing the game the way he did today. I hope it's sustainable! Get lost.

I think you just need to re-evaluate what a game manager is and what Manning was as well as what we need to win.

What we had a few years ago with Orton and even more so Tebow...was game managers. When Tebow was throwing the ball 10 times and doing QB keep or hand off play after play after play, that was managing the game, keeping it close, chew up the clock, and let the defense win.

Plumber his last season here before getting benched, was a game manager. They made him be one. The season before when we went to the AFC championship he was not.

A game manager isn't aggressive, they will not take chances.

That is NOT what Manning was last night and it will not win us a superbowl.

A game manager will not work in this offense.

This offense HAS to have a QB willing to take chances down the field, and hit on them. A QB in this system HAS to be aggressive.

The QB in this system HAS to be a guy somewhere in-between a game manager and Manning of previous years. That is what we got last night.

Last night teams around the league learned if they sit in the box and close out the running lanes and dare Manning to throw more than 10 yards, he will chew them up.

If he continues to prove that week in and week out, this running game is going to kick ass, play actions is going to kick ass, this offense will kick ass and we have a legit shot at winning the superbowl.

Manning wasn't a game manager, he just wasn't throwing it 50+ times, we were balanced, and it worked.

SR
11-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Ahhahaha. Double down, lol. Broncos just kicked the shit out of a 6-0 Packers team and you still can't stop from being a full d-bag.

If I learned one thing in life, it's that you don't ever go full retard.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Manning was dropping dimes last night. The offensive line looks like it's starting to gel. That was the most dominant performance I can remember from this team considering who it was against.

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Manning was dropping dimes last night. The offensive line looks like it's starting to gel. That was the most dominant performance I can remember from this team considering who it was against.

Our friend Yashi, "Let's see him do that against Brady"

Challenge accepted!

Rick
11-02-2015, 09:32 AM
It is weird to see him say do it against Brady when it is not him throwing against Brady.

What would have been better is to say let's see the defense do that against Brady...but whatever lol.

Defense talent wise, GB has the type of defense that kills Manning, a punch you in the mouth pass rushing defense, and Manning made them look like fools.

Cugel
11-02-2015, 04:34 PM

Rather amusingly pathetic attempt at ass-covering. The INT was at a totally meaningless part of the game, and was basically the same as a punt at that point.

Peyton played lights out. All season long I've been saying that you were totally wrong about Manning being "washed up".

Well, I was right and you were wrong. Dead wrong. Manning is not washed up. He's not a "game manager." He's a top 10 QB in this league. No longer top 3 or 4, but still top 10.

You might as well admit it now, because it's not going to get better for you from here on out. He's going to continue to play well and the OL is only going to get better as they gain time playing together. Just as I said all season long to total derision from the ignorant, how Peyton does depends on how long his OL can pass-block and whether they can open holes in the running game.

Well, last night was the first time all season I could count to "three-one-thousand" and Peyton still held the ball, and he wasn't running for his life and he wasn't flat on his back under a LB. They were giving him time to throw and a clean pocket to step up and throw into and the entire world saw the results, just as they saw what this offense can do if they have a running game that is working.

And if you continue to post crap like this I'm going to rub your nose in it every single week. Because you deserve it with your arrogant ignorant nonsense about how "Peyton's physically washed up." You've been posting that garbage all season long. Well he proved last night that he isn't. And all the ass-covering in the world about "game manager" isn't going to change that!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
11-02-2015, 05:06 PM
I think that Peyton showed everybody that he has more than a little left in the tank last night. There was always going to be a feeling out process this season and it was going to take some time for him to get acclimatized in this new system. I don't think anybody expected it to take as long as it did but a number of contributing factors (lack of O-line consistency, no running game, under performing DT and Tight Ends etc.) exacerbated the issues and made everything seem worse than it was. Now that everybody seems to be on the same page, last night showed how potent this offense can be when it gets in a groove; will we see the prolific 2013 offense that drove up and down the field at will again, obviously not, but with this all world defense, if the offense even clicks at 60 or 75% of the efficiency they did last night, there's no reason why this squad shouldn't be getting their hands on the Lombardi Trophy this season.

Hopefully Peyton puts up another emphatic performance next week to further silence those who have dogged on him in the media.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Lol @ the int was meaningless part of the game so it doesnt matter but the other 10 hes thrown prior are everybody elses fault. Smh i swear from this post forward cuggles can never get another reply from me. Total waste of bandwidth.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I think you just need to re-evaluate what a game manager is and what Manning was as well as what we need to win.

What we had a few years ago with Orton and even more so Tebow...was game managers. When Tebow was throwing the ball 10 times and doing QB keep or hand off play after play after play, that was managing the game, keeping it close, chew up the clock, and let the defense win.

Plumber his last season here before getting benched, was a game manager. They made him be one. The season before when we went to the AFC championship he was not.

A game manager isn't aggressive, they will not take chances.

That is NOT what Manning was last night and it will not win us a superbowl.

A game manager will not work in this offense.

This offense HAS to have a QB willing to take chances down the field, and hit on them. A QB in this system HAS to be aggressive.

The QB in this system HAS to be a guy somewhere in-between a game manager and Manning of previous years. That is what we got last night.

Last night teams around the league learned if they sit in the box and close out the running lanes and dare Manning to throw more than 10 yards, he will chew them up.

If he continues to prove that week in and week out, this running game is going to kick ass, play actions is going to kick ass, this offense will kick ass and we have a legit shot at winning the superbowl.

Manning wasn't a game manager, he just wasn't throwing it 50+ times, we were balanced, and it worked.

Sorry but we've seen manning ( take chances) and its why hes the last ranked quarterback. Manning didn't throw a single risky throw last night everything was on time and to the open guy. Mannings performance was very game managing like. Letting the run game and defense win us games like last night = managing the game.

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Sorry but we've seen manning ( take chances) and its why hes the last ranked quarterback. Manning didn't throw a single risky throw last night everything was on time and to the open guy. Mannings performance was very game managing like. Letting the run game and defense win us games like last night = managing the game.

Yashi! Yolo!

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 09:58 PM
It is weird to see him say do it against Brady when it is not him throwing against Brady.

What would have been better is to say let's see the defense do that against Brady...but whatever lol.

Defense talent wise, GB has the type of defense that kills Manning, a punch you in the mouth pass rushing defense, and Manning made them look like fools.

Who said do it against brady?????

Rick
11-02-2015, 09:59 PM
I am not sure what game you were watching, but I was watching Manning throw deep passes all night.

Taking chances doesn't mean throwing it into tight coverage, taking chances is taking a flier on a deep ball, he did that plenty.

Look, very few people on this board wanted Manning gone as much as me this season, but what he did last night wasn't game managing, he attacked and was on target.

Manning of last night can win a superbowl, and not because he managed, but because he attacked and attacked well.

Yashahla17
11-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Lets see him keep it up. I need too see more. He played good, does it trump the 6 other poor games that landed him the worst at his position? Nope. So hopefully he keeps it up. Its the only way we can win a ring.

Cugel
11-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Lets see him keep it up. I need too see more. He played good, does it trump the 6 other poor games that landed him the worst at his position? Nope. So hopefully he keeps it up. Its the only way we can win a ring.

Yes, it absolutely DOES "trump the other six games" because for the first time all season his OL was blocking well. We saw what Peyton can do when he has time to throw. That's what I and all the knowledgeable experts in the media, like former players like Mark Schlereth were saying all season. There were REASONS why Peyton was struggling, other than the simple-minded "he's washed up" arguments.

His play last night proves your idiotic "Peyton physically can't play" arguments were total B.S. So, you can criticize me as much as you want, but you are the one who's been proven a wrong, not me.

He ain't washed up Jack, and that's EXACTLY what you've been saying all along. So, time to eat some crow!