PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Packers week)

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 11m11 minutes ago

Bye week was good-Ware, Thompson, Demaryius, Mathis, Sanders all practicing #9news #9sports

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware is back at practice. Shane Ray is the only Bronco not on the field.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

Fitting week of tributes for #Broncos owner Pat Bowlen will include dedication of fieldhouse.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago

Broncos just renamed indoor facility Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse at UCHealth Training Center #sings #9NEWS #9sports

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said Ware looked good. Said Emmanuel practiced about half time. Will be full go on Wednesday

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I think if Ty (Sambrailo) is ready to go he'll be our starter."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

One of #broncos biggest challenge is not giving Rodgers a free play. "He is the master of the free play."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 4m4 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak on #GBvsDEN: "When you don't give up points, you're going to win in this league, and that's what these teams have done."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak: "Today was just about getting back to work. ... We'll move onto Green Bay on Wednesday."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 30s31 seconds ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak on #BowlenROF: "I'm proud to be part of it. ... It's been a long time coming. It will be a special day for him and his family."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 46s47 seconds ago

Kubiak said that Richard Gordon could help settle TE position down.. That will give more flexibility in formations and position "grow"

Slick
10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Please don't take the following as a shot Von Doom.

If you haven't downloaded the Broncos app on google play or itunes store, you should. Both are free and you can get updates and photos in a non-Twitter format.

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Please don't take the following as a shot Von Doom.

If you haven't downloaded the Broncos app on google play or itunes store, you should. Both are free and you can get updates and photos in a non-Twitter format.

No worries. I'm usually on a computer all day at work, so if I'm looking at Twitter and I see stuff happening, I post it here. I figure in case people come here first for Broncos info, at least this kind of stuff is all in one place, you know?

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm looking up some very basic stats for this game. Some interesting numbers here:

Total Offense - Denver #29 overall, Green Bay #12
Passing Offense - Denver #18, Green Bay #22 (that was the most surprising one I found)
Rushing Offense - Denver #30, Green Bay #8
Points per game - Denver #15, Green Bay #5

Total Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #14
Passing Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #12
Rushing Defense - Denver #4, Green Bay #22
Points allowed - Denver #2 (tied), Green Bay #1 (also surprising to me; the difference is one point, and yes, I know, the pick sixes and such count against our defense even though they shouldn't. I have no idea if GB has allowed any defensive / ST TD's. I guess my main point is that they give up decent yards but clamp down when it comes to points)

Slick
10-26-2015, 02:40 PM
No worries. I'm usually on a computer all day at work, so if I'm looking at Twitter and I see stuff happening, I post it here. I figure in case people come here first for Broncos info, at least this kind of stuff is all in one place, you know?

I get it, and I'm glad you do it. I don't use it, but I always read the tweets that you and Carol post. I prefer to get the news in more of an article format or from the boob tube. Thanks though. I hope I didn't come off as a whiny ingrate.

Slick
10-26-2015, 02:41 PM
I think GB is going to run on Denver. Lacy and Starks both.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2015, 03:05 PM

I think they may TRY to run on Denver - but will they succeed - I don't think so :D

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 03:15 PM
I get it, and I'm glad you do it. I don't use it, but I always read the tweets that you and Carol post. I prefer to get the news in more of an article format or from the boob tube. Thanks though. I hope I didn't come off as a whiny ingrate.

Nah, of course not. I actually used to hate Twitter, but I find it's the best method of getting news as it happens, depending on who you're following. Carol usually comes in and posts the real article versions of these things later, which is great if you're looking for that. I kind of like reading them in short bursts. Maybe it's because my attention span has gotten worse as I've gotten older :D

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 03:16 PM

Don't forget that Rodgers is very mobile (I mean, he's good at everything, but this is just one more thing he's good at). He can extend plays and run when there's nothing open. We're going to have to be careful not to be too aggressive in this game or he will take advantage of that.

NightTerror218
10-26-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm looking up some very basic stats for this game. Some interesting numbers here:

Total Offense - Denver #29 overall, Green Bay #12
Passing Offense - Denver #18, Green Bay #22 (that was the most surprising one I found)
Rushing Offense - Denver #30, Green Bay #8
Points per game - Denver #15, Green Bay #5

Total Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #14
Passing Defense - Denver #1, Green Bay #12
Rushing Defense - Denver #4, Green Bay #22
Points allowed - Denver #2 (tied), Green Bay #1 (also surprising to me; the difference is one point, and yes, I know, the pick sixes and such count against our defense even though they shouldn't. I have no idea if GB has allowed any defensive / ST TD's. I guess my main point is that they give up decent yards but clamp down when it comes to points)

To me they maintain drives and keep defense off the field. They rush a lot and eat up clock. I bet they are solid in red zone.

VonDoom
10-26-2015, 03:51 PM
To me they maintain drives and keep defense off the field. They rush a lot and eat up clock. I bet they are solid in red zone.

I checked these because I was curious. They're 17th in time of possession (almost exactly average - 29:57 per game) and 15th in red zone TD's (59.09%). It seems more likely that the defense is of the "bend but don't break" variety. If only we had an offense that could break them ...

Buff
10-26-2015, 04:00 PM

I am willing to bet that Rodgers ends up with more rushing yards than Lacy. Lacy looks really bad and ineffective this year. He's just fat and slow - I don't see him having any success against us.

The thing that does worry me is that we love to play man coverage and Rodgers is the best at escaping the pass rush - so I could see him running for like 50+ yards against us fairly easily.

NightTerror218
10-26-2015, 04:00 PM
I checked these because I was curious. They're 17th in time of possession (almost exactly average - 29:57 per game) and 15th in red zone TD's (59.09%). It seems more likely that the defense is of the "bend but don't break" variety. If only we had an offense that could break them ...

We might be able to bend them into like many 50+ FGs

NightTerror218
10-26-2015, 04:02 PM
I am willing to bet that Rodgers ends up with more rushing yards than Lacy. Lacy looks really bad and ineffective this year. He's just fat and slow - I don't see him having any success against us.

The thing that does worry me is that we love to play man coverage and Rodgers is the best at escaping the pass rush - so I could see him running for like 50+ yards against us fairly easily.

Marshall or travathan will get him, we have some of the quicker sideline to sideline LB. No to me tonight Ward is on a tear and everywhere.

I bet a goal will be to contain Rodgers in the pocket like Wilson.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2015, 04:57 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The Denver Broncos kicked off their Ring of Fame week with the announcement of the newly rechristened Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse at the UCHealth Training Center named for the Broncos owner, Monday morning.

Naming the building for Bowlen, the Broncos' owner since 1984, was fitting since he was dedicated to building a world-class training facility, beginning with the team's move from the north side of Denver to its current home in 1990. The fieldhouse, which houses the team’s indoor training facility, was constructed in 2014 and spans 115,000 square feet.

On July 23, 2014, Bowlen relinquished control of the team in order to fight a battle against Alzheimer’s disease, but his impact and devotion to his franchise and the city of Denver is still deeply rooted in the organization.

Bowlen presides over a franchise that is one of the crown jewels among NFL clubs. With more Super Bowl appearances (6) than losing seasons (5) during Mr. Bowlen’s ownership, the Broncos are, by any definition, at the pinnacle of professional sports franchises.

The fieldhouse dedication is just one aspect of the celebration surrounding Bowlen’s induction as the 28th member of the Broncos Ring of Fame. Broncos alumni will return to Sports Authority Field at Mile High to celebrate with Bowlen before and at halftime of the Broncos’ Sunday Night Football match-up against the Green Bay Packers.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-dedicate-fieldhouse-to-Owner-Pat-Bowlen/dc483c09-c6ff-420b-931a-9e796564e30f

This article states "to celebrate with Bowlen before and at halftime". It would be great if Mr. B. is able to be there.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2015, 09:43 PM
The Broncos released defensive tackle Marvin Austin on Tuesday, two months after he was placed on season-ending injured reserve.

Austin signed with the Broncos in 2014 and finished with 12 tackles in 15 games after a back injury the year prior nearly ended his career.

Austin struggled through the Broncos’ voluntary workouts this past summer though, and didn’t practice since Aug. 3 because of a groin injury and conditioning issues.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/10/27/broncos-release-defensive-tackle-marvin-austin-from-injured-reserve/36151/

Joel
10-27-2015, 11:01 PM
rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/10/27/broncos-release-defensive-tackle-marvin-austin-from-injured-reserve/36151/
Unexpected, especially since I can't see how releasing a player on IR can benefit the team: It doesn't clear a roster spot or cap space. Perhaps we're just giving him a chance to sign and play elsewhere, since he wasn't return designated? It brings to mind something Jhabvala posted during our last game though:

We deactivated Kilgo, prompting her to ask a probably rhetorical question: Does our roster have ANY NTs but Sly and Kilgo (Answer: Not unless we bring Deandre Coleman or George Uko up from the PS, and 284 lb. Uko's WAY too light to be 3-4 NT regardless.) It concerns me, because anchoring the lines center, commanding double teams and collapsing the pocket every down, is a grueling exhausting position: We need a solid #2 to spell Sly, and a decent #3 in case he or Kilgo are hurt.

Right now, we only have the solid #2, and only if we don't deactivate him for game day again. If EITHER gets hurt midgame, the other's stuck playing throughout the rest of it, then we scramble to sign someone and/or call up a second year or rookie PS player. I trust Elway, Kubiak and Wade, but the center of our defensive line looks awfully thin for a team attempting one final desperate SB run with a whole new coaching staff and philosophy.

underrated29
10-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Maybe we are working a trade :whoknows:

Buff
10-28-2015, 12:12 AM

He must have done something dumb to get released midseason while on IR. Drug program or arrest would be my guess.

Joel
10-28-2015, 03:38 AM
Maybe we are working a trade :whoknows:
Ya got me (though Austin wasn't taking a roster spot, so wouldn't affect that either.) If we traded for a NT I'd be conflicted. On the one hand, we need one of the OTHER tackles far more, but at least have warm bodies for depth there, and yet another new face on THAT line would help little any time soon: Their biggest issue is unfamiliarity with each other and the playbook; more personnel change would prolong that problem. And we DO need a decent #3 NT to finish the season; guys playing there get hurt sooner than later.

Also, Sly's transitioned to the 3-4 far better than I expected, and Kilgo's played well in relief, so any #3 would be just that: Insurance. I want it because we'll eventually NEED it, if only for a few games, but wouldn't want to give up much to GET it. If it IS just a matter of keeping Sly/Kilgo fresh through 2-3 regular season games while one of them's hurt, we could probably find a decent bandaid on the waiver wire (Fox just called the cops to keep Jay Ratliff away from the Bears, so he's an option. :tongue:)

arapaho2
10-28-2015, 12:02 PM
realistically though

the denver offense is much much worse than that

we are not the 15th ranked scoring offense...we are the 25th , and if you take away the TDS scored by the defense, we drop to 30th
so we have the 30th ranked scoreing offense against the #2 scoreing def

VonDoom
10-28-2015, 12:09 PM
realistically though

the denver offense is much much worse than that

we are not the 15th ranked scoring offense...we are the 25th , and if you take away the TDS scored by the defense, we drop to 30th
so we have the 30th ranked scoreing offense against the #2 scoreing def

You're looking at total points, not points per game - we had our bye. We are #15 in points per game (actually 14 now - I had posted this before the Monday night game). Your overall point is valid, though other teams score via defense and ST too and there's no way to factor those out with just the raw data.

Yashahla17
10-28-2015, 01:24 PM
He must have done something dumb to get released midseason while on IR. Drug program or arrest would be my guess.

Get details before you toss out accusations. That's how you smear people names for no reason.

Buff
10-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Get details before you toss out accusations. That's how you smear people names for no reason.

Listen, 12 year old new guy, I am like your only ally here - so you should watch your tone. Second - I said I am guessing, because nobody gets cut while on IR unless you did something to get yourself fired - so I think I'm safe from any slander lawsuits... And I will accept your apology when it comes out that he got arrested.

Northman
10-28-2015, 01:33 PM

It was just an opinion as a part of this discussion, this forum has no effect on what happens to NFL players.

swaiy
10-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Listen, 12 year old new guy, I am like your only ally here - so you should watch your tone. Second - I said I am guessing, because nobody gets cut while on IR unless you did something to get yourself fired - so I think I'm safe from any slander lawsuits... And I will accept your apology when it comes out that he got arrested.

Damn! Who in the hell pissed in your Cheerios? LOL

Buff
10-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Damn! Who in the hell pissed in your Cheerios? LOL

I'm calmer than you are, dude.

VonDoom
10-28-2015, 02:13 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 10m10 minutes ago

Chris Collinsworth: Teams are challenging Peyton Manning to make tough throws to beat him. They are often baiting him.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 9m9 minutes ago

Chris Collinsworth: "Evan Mathis was a shell of himself because he couldn't move." #Broncos

VonDoom
10-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#packers Aaron Rodgers said that #broncos Aqib Talib and Chris Harris are "playing at the highest level."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 10m10 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers on Peyton Manning. "Funny guy. Love his commercials."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

Manning is a legend, said Rodgers. Said unaware of criticism of Manning. But that comes with territory

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

Rodgers: "We're both 6-0. Everyone is excited about this game. Especially NBC."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

Rodgers praised #Broncos pass rush. He's had chance to become friends with DeMarcus and Von through offseason workouts

VonDoom
10-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#broncos limited today Sambrailo ware Talib and Sanders Manning took about half practice Kubiak said

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak on teammates praising Manning. "They know he's the leader of the team and they know what he's done to help us win" #Broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We've got a long week ahead of us. ... We're going to be ready to play. Emotion is not going to be a problem." #GBvsDEN

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#broncos Kubiak said Latimer played well vs Cleveland especially with blocking in the run game. Said needs a couple of catches to get going

Kubiak said Thursday will be big day to determine whether Sambrailo plays #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24s24 seconds ago

Kubiak visited with Jake Plummer at practice. Said he's one of best on how he treated his teammates

BroncoJoe
10-28-2015, 02:39 PM
#JakeTheSnake

Buff
10-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24s24 seconds ago

Kubiak visited with Jake Plummer at practice. Said he's one of best on how he treated his teammates

And the worst at how he treated fans, handled adversity, or was receptive to coaching.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2015, 02:48 PM
And the worst at how he treated fans, handled adversity, or was receptive to coaching.

Please.

VonDoom
10-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Peyton Manning: "I think I speak for any player when I say it's an honor to play for a team owned by Pat Bowlen."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m7 minutes ago

Manning said remembers 1st meeting Bowlen when in Indy "I don't think he liked me much. And I got it. He loves the broncos." Praised Bowlen

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

Manning "I want to play better. I know I need to play better."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 4m4 minutes ago

#Manning: " [@packers have] got a lot of talented players over there; a lot of high draft choices." #GBvsDEN

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

Manning on setting the wins record for a QB this week: "I really don't get into the what-ifs and the hypotheticals".

Northman
10-28-2015, 03:02 PM
and the worst at how he treated fans, handled adversity, or was receptive to coaching.

lol

underrated29
10-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Manning on setting the wins record for a QB this week: "I really don't get into the what-ifs and the hypotheticals".

I hope manning pulls a Brandon LLoyd

arapaho2
10-28-2015, 04:02 PM
You're looking at total points, not points per game - we had our bye. We are #15 in points per game (actually 14 now - I had posted this before the Monday night game). Your overall point is valid, though other teams score via defense and ST too and there's no way to factor those out with just the raw data.

wrong

true we are 14th in point per game ...but you deduct the defensive scores...and it still puts us at 18.5 OFFENSIVE PPG....which would realistically be 30th ranked in ppg

green bay deducting their 9 def points would still be at 25.8 PPG

and as I said if you deduct the 20 points manning gave up that are held against the defense....it puts the defense at 13.6 points per game...much better than green bays defense

Buff
10-28-2015, 04:02 PM

"...But I made the WRs practice a scripted hot potato football celebration in case it happens."

VonDoom
10-28-2015, 04:23 PM
wrong

true we are 14th in point per game ...but you deduct the defensive scores...and it still puts us at 18.5 OFFENSIVE PPG....which would realistically be 30th ranked in ppg

and as I said if you deduct the 20 points manning gave up that are held against the defense....it puts the defense at 13.6 points per game...much better than green bays defense

You wrote that we were 25th. That was incorrect unless you were looking at total points, not ppg. As I said, I'm not arguing with your other point, but I'm not going back through every other team's defensive points scored to get "realistic" numbers. Our offense is last in DVOA, so I'm not arguing we've been good.

Joel
10-28-2015, 04:44 PM

#broncos limited today Sambrailo ware Talib and Sanders Manning took about half practice Kubiak said

Kubiak said Thursday will be big day to determine whether Sambrailo plays #broncos
What did he do to his arm that's cost a month of playing time? What the Hell's TC doing to our draftees that cost their whole rookie season? First Demaryius, then JT, now Heuerman and Sambrailo. I'm starting to feel we should trade all of each years picks for proven players; picks are so overvalued now we could probably get a dozen Pro Bowlers.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Two unbeaten teams plus two future Hall of Fame quarterbacks plus one well-respected owner equals a pretty penny to be inside Sports Authority Field on Sunday night.

Already among some of the toughest tickets to get in the NFL, prices on the secondary market for the Denver Broncos' soldout game against Green Bay are in the $400 to $700 range for the upper deck and more than $3,300 for the lower level.

The storied Packers are in town for a nationally televised matchup featuring two 6-0 teams with two marquee quarterbacks — Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, who have faced each other just once in their careers.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29036989/broncos-packers-tickets-going-more-than-3-000

NightTerror218
10-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Unexpected, especially since I can't see how releasing a player on IR can benefit the team: It doesn't clear a roster spot or cap space. Perhaps we're just giving him a chance to sign and play elsewhere, since he wasn't return designated? It brings to mind something Jhabvala posted during our last game though:

We deactivated Kilgo, prompting her to ask a probably rhetorical question: Does our roster have ANY NTs but Sly and Kilgo (Answer: Not unless we bring Deandre Coleman or George Uko up from the PS, and 284 lb. Uko's WAY too light to be 3-4 NT regardless.) It concerns me, because anchoring the lines center, commanding double teams and collapsing the pocket every down, is a grueling exhausting position: We need a solid #2 to spell Sly, and a decent #3 in case he or Kilgo are hurt.

Right now, we only have the solid #2, and only if we don't deactivate him for game day again. If EITHER gets hurt midgame, the other's stuck playing throughout the rest of it, then we scramble to sign someone and/or call up a second year or rookie PS player. I trust Elway, Kubiak and Wade, but the center of our defensive line looks awfully thin for a team attempting one final desperate SB run with a whole new coaching staff and philosophy.

DL is solid, top ranked defense in NFL

#inwadeitrust

Cugel
10-28-2015, 06:22 PM
wrong

I forgot that one extra-point was blocked, but, was that on on one of Manning's pick-sixes? I don't think so?

In any event, deducting 21 points for Manning's pick-sixes, the Broncos defense is averaging 13.5 points a game (81 points), on pace to surrender 216 for the season, which is significantly better than the 2013 Seahawks (231, or 14.4 ppg), but worse than the 2002 Bucs (196), and much more than the 2000 Ravens who set the record - they gave up 163 points (10.3 ppg).

The difference so far is that those teams did it in the Super Bowl, not just game 6 of the regular season.

Joel
10-28-2015, 07:35 PM
DL is solid, top ranked defense in NFL

#inwadeitrust
Yeah, pretty much. I still worry about NT depth though, because 3-4 DT is a more punishing exhausting spot than 4-3 DT (which isn't soft or effortless itself:) It takes solid ROTATION to get through whole games without EVER cracking, and a serviceable #3 to get through a whole SEASON, since at least one of the top 2's almost certain to miss time eventually. 4-3s and 3-4s don't just mirror each other overall, but at their core: One depends on a good MLB and DEs, the other on a good NT and OLBs.

We're in great shape at OLB, and at NT—until someone inevitably gets hurt; then we've got nothing but the PS and waiver wire, and not even THAT till AFTER the game. All things considered, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade reunite with Jay Ratliff if we can do it cheaply.

swaiy
10-28-2015, 08:09 PM
That is highly improbable. When you've already flipped the pillow over to the cool side, I'm the other cool side you had no idea existed.

Joel
10-28-2015, 10:06 PM

Don't forget that Rodgers is very mobile (I mean, he's good at everything, but this is just one more thing he's good at). He can extend plays and run when there's nothing open. We're going to have to be careful not to be too aggressive in this game or he will take advantage of that.

My biggest (defensive) concern is that either (or BOTH) those predictions are very plausible; Wade and his staff are undoubtedly gameplanning for both, because they must. That makes it hard to prioritize either, lest GB notice that and exploit our lesser emphasis on the other. Yet it's also very hard to cover all the field all the time, expecially against an offense whose versatility is augmented by legit TALENT. Even great Ds struggle against BALANCED good offenses; ask the defending champ Packers we beat in the SB.

The Packers may be about to show us precisely what Kubiak's trying to re-establish in Denver, and why. Maybe it would be instructive if our countless brutal pass rushers and smothering CBs shutdown and harried Rodgers but it STILL didn't matter because the attention that required let Lacy and Starks run wild as Anderson and Hillman haven't.

The St. Louis@GB game might be instructive, too, because the Rams DID shutdown the Packers WHOLE offense (i.e. Rodgers had <250 passing yds and more turnovers than TDs, while GBs 3.2 yd rushing average was lower than OURS usually is) but were never really in that game: The Packers D just destroyed them, forcing 4 Ints from Foles (one a pick-six, the other saving a TD) so even Gurley rushing for >150 yds on 30 carries couldn't keep it competitive past halftime.

SR
10-29-2015, 06:00 AM
That is highly improbable. When you've already flipped the pillow over to the cool side, I'm the other cool side you had no idea existed.

That makes zero sense. Should've thought this one out a little better. Probably sounded good in your head though.

VonDoom
10-29-2015, 08:11 AM
This isn't encouraging:

Ed Werder Verified account
‏@Edwerderespn

#Packers @AaronRodgers12 has 11 TD, 0 INT in 5 career games against a team where #Broncos DC @sonofbum was HC or DC.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Al Michaels talks Broncos, Pat Bowlen, Peyton Manning, more

http://www.denverpost.com/knowthis/ci_29041678/al-michaels-talks-broncos-pat-bowlen-peyton-manning

VonDoom
10-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 34m34 minutes ago

Von Miller is an excused absence from #Broncos practice today because of a death in his family. Expected back on Friday.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 30m30 minutes ago

Omar Bolden is watching during drills. Has been dealing w foot injury for weeks. Shane Ray not practicing. Likely 3 weeks from playing

swaiy
10-29-2015, 01:59 PM
That makes zero sense. Should've thought this one out a little better. Probably sounded good in your head though.

The fact that you thought this was anything more than a joke leads me to believe you take yourself too seriously. Lighten up, Francis.

Buff
10-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Al Michaels talks Broncos, Pat Bowlen, Peyton Manning, more

http://www.denverpost.com/knowthis/ci_29041678/al-michaels-talks-broncos-pat-bowlen-peyton-manning

Who knew that John had considered being a MNF commentator? Al Michaels is an American treasure.

SR
10-29-2015, 02:08 PM
The fact that you thought this was anything more than a joke leads me to believe you take yourself too seriously. Lighten up, Francis.

That's a pretty big conclusion you've come up with. Whoever helped you with that one should be fired immediately.

VonDoom
10-29-2015, 02:52 PM

The entire #Broncos offense spending a lot of extra time on the field. Defensive guys have been gone from practice for about 15 minutes now.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos Phillips said has told DBs have to cover WRs twice. Once on route and again if Rodgers scrambles

Ty Sambrailo, DeMarcus Ware, Evan Mathis, Aqib Talib all limited in practice today.

Kubiak now saying the o-line will stay the same even if Ty Sambrailo comes back.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said Michael Schofield will stay at right tackle.

Kubiak expects Emmanuel to return punts. But bolden and Bruton have taken reps #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak compared Hillman to Barrett in way a backup taken advantage of opp. And Hillman has improved in pass protection #broncos

Peyton is back out here running wind sprints. Does it pretty much after every practice now. Runs a 30, 40, 60, 100, etc

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak says he's been blaring sound at practice just in case cheeseheads invade.

VonDoom
10-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind Schofield staying at RT for now, but is he seriously saying that Harris will play LT and Sambrailo will sit, even if healthy? Because, wow.

Joel
10-29-2015, 03:22 PM

The entire #Broncos offense spending a lot of extra time on the field. Defensive guys have been gone from practice for about 15 minutes now.
'Bout time. Veteran rest days aren't just to help aging bodies: It's expected veteran starters need less practice, but everyone should get ALWAYS get ALL practice NEEDED.

Kubiak now saying the o-line will stay the same even if Ty Sambrailo comes back.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said Michael Schofield will stay at right tackle.

Yea for continuity.

swaiy
10-29-2015, 05:12 PM
That's a pretty big conclusion you've come up with. Whoever helped you with that one should be fired immediately.

Somehow you've managed to turn a joke, not even directed towards you, into a back and forth about nothing. I see why your post count is so high. For years I thought you've had some interesting football takes but you're also a douchebag for sport it seems.

Ciao. :lol:

swaiy
10-29-2015, 05:59 PM
'Bout time. Veteran rest days aren't just to help aging bodies: It's expected veteran starters need less practice, but everyone should get ALWAYS get ALL practice NEEDED.

Yea for continuity.

They're going to keep Ryan Harris at LT even if Ty is back? Oh lord...

SR
10-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Somehow you've managed to turn a joke, not even directed towards you, into a back and forth about nothing. I see why your post count is so high. For years I thought you've had some interesting football takes but you're also a douchebag for sport it seems. Ciao. :lol:

Nah. I'm not being a douchebag. Just participating in some friendly ribbing. Don't mean anything personally. Appreciate the "interesting football takes" comment though. Don't think anyone here has ever complimented me on my football takes.

Joel
10-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind Schofield staying at RT for now, but is he seriously saying that Harris will play LT and Sambrailo will sit, even if healthy? Because, wow.
"Back" doesn't necessarily mean "healthy" when Sambrailo's still limited in practice just 3 days before kickoff. So far the new more talented line's played even worse than the previous less talented but more stable one. It's not like elite OTs are valued so little they last till the end of the 2nd round, nor that OTs who've been starters half their career suck.

Harris at least knows how to do the job, and the playbook. I'm not saying he's elite, nor even necessarily good, but would a rookie in his 4th NFL game be any better? I'm convinced our lines biggest problems are unfamiliarity with 1) each other and 2) the playbook. Keeping Harris out there reduces the second problem, and switching from a guy whose started twice back to a guy who's started thrice doesn't help with the first. Especially if Sambrailo was hurt so badly he's STILL limited in practice:

Is a gimpy rookie better than a healthy vet who knows the playbook? That doesn't even sound possible, let alone likely.

NightTerror218
10-29-2015, 09:58 PM

Probably because he is not 100%. Still limited all week.

NightTerror218
10-29-2015, 10:00 PM

Schofield has shown a lot of improvement everyone e expected him to just whiff as RT but he has held up in 3 starts and improving. Still not great but improving.

Valar Morghulis
10-30-2015, 01:53 AM
Nah. I'm not being a douchebag. Just participating in some friendly ribbing. Don't mean anything personally. Appreciate the "interesting football takes" comment though. Don't think anyone here has ever complimented me on my football takes.

I agree with him, you do have some nice football takes. And you are a douchebag. Of the highest order.

:lol:

SR
10-30-2015, 06:10 AM
I agree with him, you do have some nice football takes. And you are a douchebag. Of the highest order. :lol:
Coming from you Dave, that's the biggest compliment I've ever received. It's going to be a good Friday.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2015, 08:53 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Whether Ty Sambrailo has recovered enough to start at left tackle or not, Head Coach Gary Kubiak made it clear that on the right side, Michael Schofield would remain in the starting lineup.

Schofield was promoted to the first team after Sambrailo's injury forced eight-year veteran Ryan Harris to left tackle. But Kubiak believes that Schofield's progress during the first three starts of his career was sufficient to justify keeping him there.

"Michael has done a really good job. I think that he's an improving player every week," Kubiak said.

"Even if Ty does come back, I don't see Ty playing 50, 60 plays. That's not going to be the case, so yeah we'll stay just how we are."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Michael-Schofield-set-to-continue-starting-as-Broncos-right-tackle/7115d472-82ba-4449-9203-0efe806a51a3

VonDoom
10-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 53m53 minutes ago

Something's got to give: Broncos have not allowed 1st Qtr point this yr. GB has scored in 1st Qtr in 22 consecutive games. #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 38m38 minutes ago

Something's got to give. Or take: Broncos are 2nd with 17 takeaways. Packers are 2nd with only 4 turnovers. #9News #9sports

SR
10-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Mike Klis &rlm;@MikeKlis 53m53 minutes ago Something's got to give: Broncos have not allowed 1st Qtr point this yr. GB has scored in 1st Qtr in 22 consecutive games. #9news #9sports Mike Klis &rlm;@MikeKlis 38m38 minutes ago Something's got to give. Or take: Broncos are 2nd with 17 takeaways. Packers are 2nd with only 4 turnovers. #9News #9sports

Denver will give up first quarter points.

underrated29
10-30-2015, 01:35 PM

That because its like telling a really good looking girl she is good looking. She already knows it. You alraedy know it. Everyone already knows it. Nothing needs be said

underrated29
10-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 53m53 minutes ago

Something's got to give: Broncos have not allowed 1st Qtr point this yr. GB has scored in 1st Qtr in 22 consecutive games. #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 38m38 minutes ago

Something's got to give. Or take: Broncos are 2nd with 17 takeaways. Packers are 2nd with only 4 turnovers. #9News #9sports

Denver will give up first quarter points.

Was just going to say I bet GB comes out and scores a TD on their first drive.

-----

People will freak out, but not to worry because the D will then figure it out and settle in and rock.

VonDoom
10-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo (shoulder) DOUBTFUL for Sunday. Jordan Norwood (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE. Shane Ray (knee) OUT. Everybody else good. #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Ty Sambrailo doubtful. Kubiak will look at weeks work of practice and see if ready to go. Big decision. About long haul

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak said Sambrailo has done everything they've asked. Has more to do with "how he's come out of practice."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

The Broncos 1997 team will attend practice tomorrow. @D_Brut30 will address them on the team's behalf.

Buff
10-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Not super encouraging on Sambrailo - did Kubiak mean that his play in practice hasn't translated to games? Sounds like for whatever reason they aren't very confident in him as a starter, which is only surprising because it seemed like a couple weeks ago he was more definitive saying he is the starter if healthy - and he hasn't played since then. So I'm wondering what's changed.

VonDoom
10-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Not super encouraging on Sambrailo - did Kubiak mean that his play in practice hasn't translated to games? Sounds like for whatever reason they aren't very confident in him as a starter, which is only surprising because it seemed like a couple weeks ago he was more definitive saying he is the starter if healthy - and he hasn't played since then. So I'm wondering what's changed.

Still seems like it's health related, though I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for:

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 22m22 minutes ago

More Kubiak on Sambrailo: "We're going to go up this afternoon and really take a good look at it. He's had a good week.''

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2015, 02:14 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 30m

97 Super Bowl Broncos and 2015 Broncos will gather for meeting tomorrow. Speeches by Rod Smith, David Bruton #9sports #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 34m

Slot man Jordan Norwood questionable with hammy

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 35m

Ty Sambrailo is doubtful #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Broncos notes: Sambrailo may need more time http://on9news.tv/1NbIh2p
via @9News #9news #9sports

Northman
10-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Weird that they are doing it now rather than before the postseason but hopefully it inspires this team to get it together offensively to make a run.

SR
10-30-2015, 02:20 PM
That because its like telling a really good looking girl she is good looking. She already knows it. You alraedy know it. Everyone already knows it. Nothing needs be said

Never thought about it that way. I like being a really good looking girl. Thanks for opening my eyes to that bro.

VonDoom
10-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Weird that they are doing it now rather than before the postseason but hopefully it inspires this team to get it together offensively to make a run.

You mean the 97 team talking to them? I'm guessing it's because so many people are in town for Bowlen's Ring of Fame induction.

Northman
10-30-2015, 02:30 PM
You mean the 97 team talking to them? I'm guessing it's because so many people are in town for Bowlen's Ring of Fame induction.

Makes sense.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2015, 02:57 PM

They're all in town now to honor Pat Bowlen.

EDIT: A little late to the party... :)

Northman
10-30-2015, 03:02 PM
They're all in town now to honor Pat Bowlen.

EDIT: A little late to the party... :)

Yea, for some reason i didnt put 2 and 2 together and thought it was just because they were facing off with another undefeated team. But with Bowlen being honored it makes total sense. Been a long week for me. lol

NightTerror218
10-30-2015, 03:11 PM

Sounds like injury related not play related.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 2h

In the didn't believe until I double-checked it department....#Broncos have five pass plays of 40+ yards this year, #Packers have three.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 03:34 AM

In the didn't believe until I double-checked it department....#Broncos have five pass plays of 40+ yards this year, #Packers have three.

Id bet my last dollar that ours are 20 yard passes that went longer due to run after catch like the sanders play.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 03:39 AM
"...But I made the WRs practice a scripted hot potato football celebration in case it happens."

Lol manning be lying like shit.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 03:45 AM
"Back" doesn't necessarily mean "healthy" when Sambrailo's still limited in practice just 3 days before kickoff. So far the new more talented line's played even worse than the previous less talented but more stable one. It's not like elite OTs are valued so little they last till the end of the 2nd round, nor that OTs who've been starters half their career suck.

Harris at least knows how to do the job, and the playbook. I'm not saying he's elite, nor even necessarily good, but would a rookie in his 4th NFL game be any better? I'm convinced our lines biggest problems are unfamiliarity with 1) each other and 2) the playbook. Keeping Harris out there reduces the second problem, and switching from a guy whose started twice back to a guy who's started thrice doesn't help with the first. Especially if Sambrailo was hurt so badly he's STILL limited in practice:

Is a gimpy rookie better than a healthy vet who knows the playbook? That doesn't even sound possible, let alone likely.

With this logic would a healthy big arm brock be any worst than a gimpy dead arm old qb whose ranked dead last at his position?

Joel
10-31-2015, 04:27 AM

The Packers were missing 2/3 starting WRs: And STILL undefeated. Key word being "were," since they're expecting Davante Adams back against us.

With this logic would a healthy big arm brock be any worst than a gimpy dead arm old qb whose ranked dead last at his position?

Well, applying the logic, does Brock know the playbook any better after one camp than Manning does? Prob'ly not? Which would you rather stick behind gimpy vet and rookie blockers who don't know the playbook any better? Seriously, demanding we throw a kid (who's NEVER started) to the wolves like that isn't doing him any favors. All that'll do—all it CAN do—is ingrain bad habits and PERMANENTLY set his mental clock fast. Just because Oz went to ASU is no reason to do to him what the Cards did to Plummer.

Give him a full year to learn the multivolume playbook, and a stable competent line Kubiak and Dennison had time to rebuilt from nada. Don't set him up to fail.

Valar Morghulis
10-31-2015, 04:37 AM
Don't set him up to fail.

Joel you crazy Texan. I agree!

I don't think Brock is ever our starter, based on gut, asu and pre season, which I know is no real measure.... But if he is going to be our qb of the future, starting with this line might get us some bigger pass plays in 2015, but I think it ruins Brock going forward.

underrated29
10-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Id bet my last dollar that ours are 20 yard passes that went longer due to run after catch like the sanders play.

Does that make a difference?

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Brock has proven in the pre season he can run the offense lol. Manning couldn't so the offense had to get scrapped. Chris collinsworth just said why manning is playing piss poor and its because defenses are forcing him to beat them with long throws. The big play passes are there because we have great wideouts to beat the type of coverage there playing but manning cant hit. Brock would be bombing 50 yarders on teams all day with our wideouts. I cant wait until tomorrow night to see what has changed with manning because if we don't hit some 40 yard bombs consistently our defense will not be able to bail us out 3&out after 3&out vs rogers. This game could get ugly.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Does that make a difference?

Yes it makes a difference because its not going to happen consistently hence why teams are still playing tight coverage and forcing manning to throw deep. Hence why our offense is piss poor. If you dont think it makes a difference then you simply don't know the game and have never played the game. The opportunity for 40-50 yard bombs are there for the broncos if only we could hit them, if not well keep facing tight coverage taking away all underneath passes forcing 3&outs.

NightTerror218
10-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Devonte Adams is a rookie I think and unproven. I do not think he will be much of an impact when it 100%. He is me t to be a deep threat.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 03:02 PM
The packers wideouts have success because they have a elite qb who can make all the throws. I wouldn't focus much on the names of the wideouts when rodgers is there qb.

underrated29
10-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes it makes a difference because its not going to happen consistently hence why teams are still playing tight coverage and forcing manning to throw deep. Hence why our offense is piss poor. If you dont think it makes a difference then you simply don't know the game and have never played the game. The opportunity for 40-50 yard bombs are there for the broncos if only we could hit them, if not well keep facing tight coverage taking away all underneath passes forcing 3&outs.

Then you should call the miami dolphins and tell them they should have won because the Gronk TD and the two edelman Tds did not count. As they were not thrown more than 20 yards but went for 42 and 31 or whatever it was respectively.

underrated29
10-31-2015, 03:08 PM
Devonte Adams is a rookie I think and unproven. I do not think he will be much of an impact when it 100%. He is me t to be a deep threat.

Adams is not a rookie. He is the wr I wanted and the WR we wanted too. He went and the broncos then traded up for Cody Latimer. Adams came from the same draft as latimer and a 2nd rdr. Ty is the rookie this year. Janis is from the years before aswell. Adams is pretty goopd. Tracks a Deep ball like no other and is great in open space.

If anyone has success on us it will be Rogers the TE or Adams vs Roby, imo.

underrated29
10-31-2015, 03:10 PM
The packers wideouts have success because they have a elite qb who can make all the throws. I wouldn't focus much on the names of the wideouts when rodgers is there qb.

Yes and no. They have a great QB but also Great wrs too. Janis is a big fast white guy with great hands. Ty is a small shifty guy who runs tough and high points the ball with excellent hands. Adams I just covered, Cobb is super fast and versatile and we all know what Jordy Nelson does. James jones is just a guy but with Rodgers he becomes a boss.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 03:11 PM
Then you should call the miami dolphins and tell them they should have won because the Gronk TD and the two edelman Tds did not count. As they were not thrown more than 20 yards but went for 42 and 31 or whatever it was respectively.

Who said it (doesn't count)? Lol. The point is teams still don't respect that. There not going to change the way there playing defense untill they can get beat deep consistently. Just facts like collinsworth said after watching coaches tape all week before the game tomorrow. He is right and that's why the offense is struggling. Until we can burn teams deep consistently you'll continue to see the poor play.

Yashahla17
10-31-2015, 03:13 PM
Yes and no. They have a great QB but also Great wrs too. Janis is a big fast white guy with great hands. Ty is a small shifty guy who runs tough and high points the ball with excellent hands. Adams I just covered, Cobb is super fast and versatile and we all know what Jordy Nelson does. James jones is just a guy but with Rodgers he becomes a boss.

Broncos,have better wideouts than the packers.... But yet we are piss poor. They just have a top qb and we have the 30th ranked qb. There offense goes because rodgers goes. Our offense could go aswell if manning shines. I hope he shows up tomorrow.

Valar Morghulis
10-31-2015, 03:28 PM
An explosive play is an explosive play - teams still need to defend that, whether it is yards after the catch or a deep ball, i dont see what difference that makes.

Although i am open to be schooled on this area

Joel
10-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Who said it (doesn't count)? Lol. The point is teams still don't respect that. There not going to change the way there playing defense untill they can get beat deep consistently. Just facts like collinsworth said after watching coaches tape all week before the game tomorrow. He is right and that's why the offense is struggling. Until we can burn teams deep consistently you'll continue to see the poor play.
Every D for the past 50 years has played the deep ball FIRST, precisely because 70 yd TD bombs hurt more than 4-5 yd plunges. So until/unless an offense manages those 4-5 yds and a cloud of dust consistently enough to reach the end zone ANYWAY, the passing game's going NOWHERE. Duplicating the run with 4-5 yd passes doesn't help, becuase instead of forcing the D to focus on RBs, it let's them CONTINUE focusing on the same QB and WRs, while a safety or two continues guarding the end zone.

This is Football 101, man: No one should need to be TOLD about it.

underrated29
10-31-2015, 04:06 PM
Broncos,have better wideouts than the packers.... But yet we are piss poor. They just have a top qb and we have the 30th ranked qb. There offense goes because rodgers goes. Our offense could go aswell if manning shines. I hope he shows up tomorrow.

I'm sorry dude, I hate grammar police, especially when typing
But you keep throwing me off and I have re-read what you say and it's taking me as long as it does to read Joel's posts.

Their- the packers and their receivers
There- see Peyton's forehead over there
They're - the oline sucks but they're playing better as of late.

Yashahla17
11-01-2015, 02:56 AM
I'm sorry dude, I hate grammar police, especially when typing
But you keep throwing me off and I have re-read what you say and it's taking me as long as it does to read Joel's posts.

Their- the packers and their receivers
There- see Peyton's forehead over there
They're - the oline sucks but they're playing better as of late.

Who cares

spikerman
11-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Who cares

Did you recently read "How to Win Friends and Influence People?"

Yashahla17
11-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Did you recently read "How to Win Friends and Influence People?"

Nope. Trying to win friends will only fail and Jack the person up whose trying to win them. I have a big influence on many people.

BroncoWave
11-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Hey yash, who was your favorite NFL team 4 years ago?

SR
11-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Nope. Trying to win friends will only fail and Jack the person up whose trying to win them. I have a big influence on many people.

Oh do you? Like who?

Valar Morghulis
11-01-2015, 12:28 PM

Ok Ron burgundy

BroncoWave
11-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Ok Ron burgundy

I bet this guy has many leather bound books and his home smells of rich mahogany.

spikerman
11-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Oh do you? Like who?

His classmates at prep school.

Joel
11-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Who cares
The person who commented and the people who saluted the comment, obviously, though not ONLY them.

Hey yash, who was your favorite NFL team 4 years ago?

Elmo ;)

Yashahla17
11-01-2015, 06:23 PM
The person who commented and the people who saluted the comment, obviously, though not ONLY them.

Elmo ;)

Um okay