PDA

View Full Version : Broncos - Packers predictions

weazel
10-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Packers week, Broncos biggest test this season. What you figure?

Broncos 19
Packers 17

BroncoWave
10-25-2015, 08:31 PM
I see something like 24-10 Green Bay just going with my gut. Hope I am wrong.

weazel
10-25-2015, 08:35 PM

I have readied my orange shaded glasses and I am following their path, not my minds.

BroncoNut
10-25-2015, 08:43 PM

I appreciate your honest and realistic approach . You attitude however sucks . 155 to 0 denver

SR
10-25-2015, 08:53 PM

Also similar to what I'm feeling

MasterShake
10-25-2015, 10:15 PM
28-17 Denver. Both teams are coming off a BYE and neither have been lighting up the world the last two games, I just think Manning and Denver have more to prove right now and playing under the lights at Mile High is just too special.

Yup I'm a homer and I don't care. I just don't want to lose this game! :lol:

chazoe60
10-25-2015, 10:22 PM
I hope we win but I don't see it. Go Broncos make me eat crow.

tubby
10-25-2015, 10:35 PM
31-24

GEM
10-25-2015, 10:53 PM
Manning HAS been playing possum, they let loose the offense, the defense whoops some Rodgers ass and McManus only has to kick one fg.

24-13

Joel
10-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Sounds about right; I believe that was their final against the Rams, despite comitting three turnovers. Could be a little more for them and less for us if our offense remains careless with the ball though. Really, our only hope is that all five little lightbulbs come on for our starting linemen this week; I think it'll eventually happen, but maybe not for a while, since there've been few signs of it so far, only injuries creating more instability and stunting cohesion. No reason to think all that's magically solved in two weeks.

underrated29
10-25-2015, 11:57 PM
34-9 I don't think we stand a chance

Magnificent Seven
10-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Look at the bright side...

There are three things that Rogers will not handle at once.

1. Mile High Loud (Loud Fans + Broncos Defense Team= Kill Packers Offense)

2. Orange Crush Defense (They are ranked # 1 in NFL and they will handle Rogers' offense)

3. High Altitude (This Sunday will be Rogers' first trip to Denver and thin air will mess him up!)

It will be all about Broncos Defense. This Sunday... Mile High Stadium will be ROCKING ALL NIGHT LONG AND WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

CrazyHorse
10-26-2015, 06:52 AM

They nearly lost at home to the Chargers who were killed by the Raiders.

The two best scoring defenses in the NFL and two future Hall of Famers at QB. I think this game is rather low scoring. Lots of field goals. I'll say Broncos 19 Packers 16.

Northman
10-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Comes down to mistakes and right now Denver makes plenty of them on offense. GB's offense isnt that potent with a lack of running game and a skeleton crew of receivers for Rodgers but again, mistakes made by Denver cannot be overcome by our great defense this time.

Green Bay- 27
Denver- 13

SR
10-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Comes down to mistakes and right now Denver makes plenty of them on offense. GB's offense isnt that potent with a lack of running game and a skeleton crew of receivers for Rodgers but again, mistakes made by Denver cannot be overcome by our great defense this time. Green Bay- 27 Denver- 13

Skeleton crew of receivers? Have you been watching their games? Cobb and Jones have been awesome.

Northman
10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Skeleton crew of receivers? Have you been watching their games? Cobb and Jones have been awesome.

Out of 6 games so far this year Cobb has only game over 100 yds once with the next closest being 91 yds. He has failed to have over 50 yds receiving in the other 4 games. Jones has stepped up but the loss of Jordy has really hurt them.

SR
10-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Out of 6 games so far this year Cobb has only game over 100 yds once with the next closest being 91 yds. He has failed to have over 50 yds receiving in the other 4 games. Jones has stepped up but the loss of Jordy has really hurt them.

I think Cobb's numbers are suffering because he's drawing the top corner each week. Or it has more to do with that than him not performing. Their other young stud, Davonte Adams, has been hurt most of the year.

Jones is on pace for over 1100 yards. Cobb is on pace for just short of 1000 yards. I agree that at least Cobb, statistically, is underperforming but he's still dangerous. Of course losing Jordy hurts but as long as Rodgers is their QB I won't underestimate them at all. I think GB hands Denver their first loss of the season Sunday night.

Northman
10-26-2015, 08:49 AM
I think Cobb's numbers are suffering because he's drawing the top corner each week. Or it has more to do with that than him not performing. Their other young stud, Davonte Adams, has been hurt most of the year.

Jones is on pace for over 1100 yards. Cobb is on pace for just short of 1000 yards. I agree that at least Cobb, statistically, is underperforming but he's still dangerous. Of course losing Jordy hurts but as long as Rodgers is their QB I won't underestimate them at all. I think GB hands Denver their first loss of the season Sunday night.

I dont disagree with any of this. I think they are doing what most teams are doing with DT at this point by double covering them.

EastCoastBronco
10-26-2015, 10:06 AM
They've got 2 good pass rushers: Matthews and Peppers.
We've got more than they can handle.
We win on a 55 yard McManus field goal with no time remaining.
23-20

Krugan
10-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Clouds of deep grey form in the west.

28-6 Greenbay

And just for the record, i dont think the packers are as good as they were last year, just better enough then us to make it hurt.

TXBRONC
10-26-2015, 12:06 PM

With Rodgers as their quarterback makes a world of difference but from what I'm hearing losing Nelson is effecting Rodgers getting the ball down field. The Chargers did a very good job of keeping them in-check and look what happened to them yesterday. It's not easy picking by any measure but is it a winnable game? I think so if Denver can avoid stupid mistakes if they don't the Packers more than likely win the game.

LawDog
10-26-2015, 12:10 PM

How do you get to nine without the D scoring again... Oh wait, pick six, pat, and a safety. Got it.

Northman
10-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Clouds of deep grey form in the west.

28-6 Greenbay

And just for the record, i dont think the packers are as good as they were last year, just better enough then us to make it hurt.

I would be really surprised if we lost by that much but it would also make me more doubful for the postseason if we got blown out like that.

weazel
10-26-2015, 12:25 PM
The defense is good enough to keep them in games, I don't see them losing by a ton of points.

TXBRONC
10-26-2015, 12:40 PM
The defense is good enough to keep them in games, I don't see them losing by a ton of points.

If Denver makes a lot mistakes then the game could get away from them. If turnovers and big penalties come in Denver's end of the field then they will be flirting with disaster.

BroncoJoe
10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't feel great about this game. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win, won't be shocked if we lose.

MasterShake
10-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Another thing to consider is that the emotion from Bowlen getting recognized this week could be a big boost to the team. Could be an x-factor as Mr. Bowlen seems to be very well respected from both current and former players.

BroncoJoe
10-26-2015, 01:26 PM
This could be a good sign:

Owner Pat Bowlen will join Davis in the Ring of Fame. The Broncos will even wear the uniforms they wore that magical night in San Diego (SB win against the Packers): blue jerseys and white pants, a combination they haven't donned in nearly four years.

From an article Carol posted: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/601717-Terrell-Davis-knows-the-mark-of-a-champion-and-he-sees-that-potential-in-the-2015-Broncos

NightTerror218
10-26-2015, 01:54 PM
They've got 2 good pass rushers: Matthews and Peppers.
We've got more than they can handle.
We win on a 55 yard McManus field goal with no time remaining.
23-20

Mathews no longer ay edge rusher he is the MLB now. He comes on blitzes now.

EastCoastBronco
10-26-2015, 02:02 PM
The goddam 49ers held them to 17 points with their middle of the road D.
I don't see us losing this one...

Cugel
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
I would be really surprised if we lost by that much but it would also make me more doubtful for the postseason if we got blown out like that.

I don't think it affects the post season at all. #1 - Broncos are not getting the #1 seed. Does anybody think the Patriots are going to lose more than 2 games this season? Are the Broncos going 15-1?

No to both questions means the Broncos would have to travel to Forborough in January and probably to Cincinnati to get to the super bowl.

#2 - The Broncos now have a 3 1/2 game lead in the division, and the tie breaker over the raiders due to beating them on the road. The Chargers and Chiefs are already toast. Does anybody think the Raiders are going 7-3 the rest of the way or 8-2? No?

Then the Broncos win the division and host a home playoff game.

So, basically the Broncos could win 4 games the rest of the way and still back into the playoffs at 10-6. IF they beat the Raiders at home on December 13, they can win the Division at 9-7, which means they could win a grand total of 3 more games this season and STILL make the playoffs.

The ONLY question would be "can the team run the ball in January, can the OL block for Peyton, and are they still playing great defense?"

If the answer to these questions is "yes" they have a chance at the Superbowl.

The Packers, Giants, and Ravens were 10-6, 9-7 and 10-6 entering the playoffs and all won SBs. The Giants particularly were an afterthought. After 12 games the Giants were 6-6. Entering the last week of the season they were 8-7 and needing to beat the Cowboys just to win the division and get into the playoffs.

They beat the Cowboys to scrape into the playoffs at 9-7, the very definition of "mediocre" and "one-and-done", those teams whose own fans forget they were even in the playoffs a couple of years later.

Then they went on a roll, started playing better and went on the road to beat the Packers and the 49ers, then held a Patriots team that was 16-2 entering the SB to 17 points and won the Championship.

That's how defense wins Championships. The offense doesn't have to be great, they have to be able to run the ball effectively, and Peyton has to make smarter plays. He doesn't have to be great and the offense doesn't have to be great, they just have to get to mediocre, like the Giants did and then go on a roll in the playoffs.

So, it doesn't matter what happens in October or November as long as the Broncos make the playoffs - because (and this drives fans crazy) you just can't tell what is going to happen in the playoffs by what a team does in October or November.

Now, if the playoffs were 7 game series, the team with the better record would win most of the time. But, for one game? A fluke play, a lucky bounce, the S falls down and lets Joe Jacoby get behind him for a miracle TD with a minute and a half left in the game? Anything can happen.

artie_dale
10-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Look at the bright side...

There are three things that Rogers will not handle at once.

1. Mile High Loud (Loud Fans + Broncos Defense Team= Kill Packers Offense)

2. Orange Crush Defense (They are ranked # 1 in NFL and they will handle Rogers' offense)

3. High Altitude (This Sunday will be Rogers' first trip and thin air will mess him up!)

It will be all about Broncos Defense. This Sunday... Mile High Stadium will be ROCKING ALL NIGHT LONG AND WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!

Right!

Virgin to the high altitude.
Home field advantage goes to us.
Pass pressure he hasn't seen before that will force him to make mistakes (all it takes is one).

Den 20 GB 14 (we block a FG)

Den = 5 sacks, 2 INT (1 pick-six), 1 forced fumble/recovery

Valar Morghulis
10-26-2015, 04:10 PM
45 - 10 green bay.

Rodgers torches us and makes our pass rush obsolete by quick throws and extending plays with his legs.

Lacey runs through us.

Peyton throws for negative yardage and 3 INTs one of which will be taken to the house.

This game is on at 0130 for me and will basically finish when I go to work, I am not looking forward to pulling an all nighter to watch us get humbled in our own house

BroncoNut
10-26-2015, 04:13 PM
is it a home game?

Northman
10-26-2015, 04:13 PM
is it a home game?

For us yes.

Valar Morghulis
10-26-2015, 04:14 PM
is it a home game?

For who?

BroncoJoe
10-26-2015, 04:27 PM
I posted this in another thread, but the Packers are ranked #2 behind the Broncos in sacks.

I don't want Manning to get hurt - but I'm not too confident he'll last this entire game unless he does the fainting goat a lot. And, if that's the case, the score won't be close.

Our OL played pretty well in our last game, despite what is written on this site. Let's hope we can keep the Packers defense at bay, and actually score some offensive points. I don't believe in our offense to score a lot of points though.

27-23 Packers

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-26-2015, 04:47 PM
For who?

Exactly

weazel
10-26-2015, 05:01 PM
The goddam 49ers held them to 17 points with their middle of the road D.
I don't see us losing this one...

I don't think the defense giving up points is what people are worried about. Our offense gives up quite a few points

GEM
10-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Preparing for freezing our butts off, losing my voice and having an all around great damn time. Going with my dad and my boy, this should be a good time. :D

Joel
10-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Just saw this via ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13977736/wr-davante-adams-ready-return-ankle-injury-green-bay-packers

Aaron Rodgers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers) might finally be able to throw deep again, as the Green Bay Packers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers)' quarterback likely will have receiver Davante Adams (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16800/davante-adams) back for Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos)....

Safety Morgan Burnett (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13264/morgan-burnett), who has missed five of the six games this season because of a calf injury, also is expected to return against the Broncos.

Hope our linemen and everyone else all got rested and healed over the bye, because it sounds like GB did, and will no longer be reliant on just a single starting quality WR.

TimHippo
10-26-2015, 10:12 PM
49-10 Broncos

Rodgers will get Double Chucked out of the game by Von Miller and Ware and the Packers will collapse.

Joel
10-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Okay, that explains the 10, but how in the world are we supposed to score 7 TDs with THIS offense? Just how many pick-sixes are we fantasizing about here? :tongue:

Canmore
10-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Okay, that explains the 10, but how in the world are we supposed to score 7 TDs with THIS offense? Just how many pick-sixes are we fantasizing about here? :tongue:

Can't Roby pick up a couple of fumbles?

TXBRONC
10-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Can't Roby pick up a couple of fumbles?

Miller's due for a scoop and score.

SR
10-27-2015, 07:41 AM
Miller's due for a scoop and score.

He's due for SOMETHING

pulse
10-27-2015, 09:44 AM
Green Bay is mostly playing great football in all phases. Denver struggles too often on offense. I can't pick Denver to win this one. However, if you're going to beat Aaron Rodgers right now, you need a great pass rush, ability to play tight man coverage with an excellent secondary and a decent ability to stop any runs at the line. Denver has that. The real key is can Denver score enough points and I'm just not confident we can. Green Bay's still going to find ways to score just about every quarter. The offense has to play well or Denver loses.

Buff
10-27-2015, 10:51 AM
When was the last time we were home underdogs?

Valar Morghulis
10-27-2015, 12:09 PM

Maybe the Steelers play off game or mannings first game which was also Pittsburgh (i think)

I would give us a ten point head start and still pick the packers this week.

Joel
10-27-2015, 12:24 PM
2011; you had to ask?

TimHippo
10-27-2015, 03:24 PM

Rodgers gives up a touchdown when sandwiched by Ware and Miller and Sylevestor Williams rumbles 60 yards for the touchdown.

Once Rodgers is out of the game, they have Tolzien and Hundley, the Packers version of Guildenstern and Rosenkrantz. Slightly worse than the slow giant. And no Jordy Nelson. Those two will give up 3 pick sixes.

that's 28 points right there.

Then Manning and the offense account for the rest. This is a statement game for not only Manning but the rest of the offense to shut up their critics and haters. If they fail to make a statement the season is basically over unless they trade for a couple offensive weapons and a competent ZBS game manager QB like Matt Schaub (Ravens out of the race) or a Kirk Cousins (Although after his record setting comeback last sunday, he's probably off the trading block) or a A list QB like Matt Stafford.

BroncoNut
10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
I would be really surprised if we lost by that much but it would also make me more doubful for the postseason if we got blown out like that.

postseason? are you kidding me?

you sally's should be getting used to whatever that thing is you call your dick being knocked into the dirt because it's going to be hell every Sunday from here on out.

weazel
10-27-2015, 05:05 PM
postseason? are you kidding me?

you sally's should be getting used to whatever that thing is you call your dick being knocked into the dirt because it's going to be hell every Sunday from here on out.

Manning's playing possum dude.

BroncoWave
10-27-2015, 05:06 PM

The Tebow game against Pitt in the playoffs if I had to guess.

Joel
10-27-2015, 05:08 PM
I was (sort of) with you right up till "competent ZBS game manager QB like Matt Schaub." Kubiak's not gonna start his second head coaching job by benching Manning for the guy who cost him his FIRST head coaching job. Regardless, if our offense can score 21 pts on its own, we won't need our defense to score 28.

Losing this week, even badly, wouldn't end the season, though it probably would raise calls for Mannings head to a crescendo. Our schedule's much tougher after the bye, but GB's the 2nd or 3rd best team on it (and in the league,) we play all three at home and have already banked 6 wins, and can expect 3-5 more hosting KC (who still had Charles when we beat them on the road) the futile Bears, the Raiders and playing a round robin against a Bolts teams whose line is nearly as bad as ours.

That's at least 10 and possibly 11 wins even if GB, N* AND Cincy stomp us flat, plus we could well beat Indy and/or Pitt (though playing both on the road won't make it easy. We're 3 games up on our division and a virtual lock to win it, so there's still two months for the line to find its feet well enough to keep Manning on his and open holes for Anderson/Hillman so he doesn't have to be a one-man offense in the playoffs for the 4th year running. IF we manage that, and stay healthy, it's literally a whole new ballgame.

In the meantime, even a banged up GB's still the NFLs 2nd or 3rd best team (depending whom one asks) and will probably beat us like a drum next week. But it's a marathon, not a sprint. We have several big problems to fix by January, so I really don't expect a championship, but it IS possible, and losing to GB—even getting blown out in front of a home crowd—wouldn't change that much, however much the fans and local media howled.

TimHippo
10-27-2015, 07:18 PM
I was (sort of) with you right up till "competent ZBS game manager QB like Matt Schaub." Kubiak's not gonna start his second head coaching job by benching Manning for the guy who cost him his FIRST head coaching job. Regardless, if our offense can score 21 pts on its own, we won't need our defense to score 28.

Losing this week, even badly, wouldn't end the season, though it probably would raise calls for Mannings head to a crescendo. Our schedule's much tougher after the bye, but GB's the 2nd or 3rd best team on it (and in the league,) we play all three at home and have already banked 6 wins, and can expect 3-5 more hosting KC (who still had Charles when we beat them on the road) the futile Bears, the Raiders and playing a round robin against a Bolts teams whose line is nearly as bad as ours.

That's at least 10 and possibly 11 wins even if GB, N* AND Cincy stomp us flat, plus we could well beat Indy and/or Pitt (though playing both on the road won't make it easy. We're 3 games up on our division and a virtual lock to win it, so there's still two months for the line to find its feet well enough to keep Manning on his and open holes for Anderson/Hillman so he doesn't have to be a one-man offense in the playoffs for the 4th year running. IF we manage that, and stay healthy, it's literally a whole new ballgame.

In the meantime, even a banged up GB's still the NFLs 2nd or 3rd best team (depending whom one asks) and will probably beat us like a drum next week. But it's a marathon, not a sprint. We have several big problems to fix by January, so I really don't expect a championship, but it IS possible, and losing to GB—even getting blown out in front of a home crowd—wouldn't change that much, however much the fans and local media howled.

Seems to me, the Texans biggest success came under Matt Schwab and ZBS, hmmmmm. I mean look at them now, their offense is a joke.

Dapper Dan
10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
I hope there isn't an embarrassing number of Green Bay fans.

Joel
10-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Seems to me, the Texans biggest success came under Matt Schwab and ZBS, hmmmmm. I mean look at them now, their offense is a joke.
Schaub was the weak link on a team that was otherwise solid in 2011 and 2012. In 2013, he opened the season by breaking the RECORD for consecusive pick-six games. He wasn't the whole problem; they had 3-4 All Pros on IR by midseason, and a few more starters soon joined them. But Schaubs career-ending flame out, on the scale of Plummer in the '05 AFCCG, was critical, just as his inability to put the team on his back when defenses sold out on stopping Foster limited them in 2011 and 2012.

Best evidence: Houston won its first divisional title AND playoff game with Schaub on IR the last half of the season. In other words, they did as well with a ROOKIE UDFA QB as they did with their game-managing ZBS QB. I'm not even sure Schaub qualifies as a "ZBS QB," because he ran bootlegs less often and about as well as Manning. Schaub's no more than Brian Griese and Jake Plummer were: Proof Kubiak's such a good QB coach he can get ONE Pro Bowl season out of ANY starter (good news for Brock.)

Northman
10-28-2015, 06:14 AM
Manning's playing possum dude.

Because he really is a Mammoth.

Northman
10-28-2015, 06:21 AM
The Oline of the Texans in 2013 was bad, not bottom of the pack bad but still nowhere near where they were in the previous years.

Timmy!
10-28-2015, 01:14 PM
You're all idiots.

Broncos: 277
Packers: 4

(Ditka: 278)

Joel
10-28-2015, 02:36 PM
The Oline of the Texans in 2013 was bad, not bottom of the pack bad but still nowhere near where they were in the previous years.
Talent-wise, no, since all but the RG were the same as in 2012 (when they had 3 Pro Bowlers, including an All Pro) and all but the RG and RT were the same as 2011. Going from Eric Winston to Derek Newton (especially his 2nd year) was probably a step down in 2012, but not a big one, and they still posted the best record in franchise history, sending their QB and RB to the Pro Bowl. What killed Houston in 2013 was Schaubs flameout and THIS:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2013_injuries.htm

All Pro LT Duane Brown was out most of the seasons first half (which probably contributed to Schaub breaking the NFL record for longest pick-six streak) and Pro Bowl LG couldn't help much since he played hurt all year. Two-time Pro Bowler Owen Daniels couldn't help either, because he played hurt 4 of the first 5 games, then went on IR. They actually had some OT depth in Quessenberry and Brennan Williams—except BOTH started the season on IR, so they needed Harris.

Then the starting FS went on IR Week 7, a former Pro Bowl LB joined him Week 8, Foster played hurt two weeks before ALSO joining them, and by the end of the season Ben Tate and Jonathan Joseph were there, too. Even Kubiak can't do much with a 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, 3rd string TE (since Dreessen left for us) and limping line. The real moral is not to immediately fire a coach the first season overwhelming and uncontrollable circumstances cause an awful performance. At least Bill O'Brien's righted the ship, right? ;)

Northman
10-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Talent-wise, no, since all but the RG were the same as in 2012 (when they had 3 Pro Bowlers, including an All Pro) and all but the RG and RT were the same as 2011. Going from Eric Winston to Derek Newton (especially his 2nd year) was probably a step down in 2012, but not a big one, and they still posted the best record in franchise history, sending their QB and RB to the Pro Bowl. What killed Houston in 2013 was Schaubs flameout and THIS:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2013_injuries.htm

All Pro LT Duane Brown was out most of the seasons first half (which probably contributed to Schaub breaking the NFL record for longest pick-six streak) and Pro Bowl LG couldn't help much since he played hurt all year. Two-time Pro Bowler Owen Daniels couldn't help either, because he played hurt 4 of the first 5 games, then went on IR. They actually had some OT depth in Quessenberry and Brennan Williams—except BOTH started the season on IR, so they needed Harris.

Then the starting FS went on IR Week 7, a former Pro Bowl LB joined him Week 8, Foster played hurt two weeks before ALSO joining them, and by the end of the season Ben Tate and Jonathan Joseph were there, too. Even Kubiak can't do much with a 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, 3rd string TE (since Dreessen left for us) and limping line. The real moral is not to immediately fire a coach the first season overwhelming and uncontrollable circumstances cause an awful performance. At least Bill O'Brien's righted the ship, right? ;)

What Bill O Brien has done/is doing is of little consequence to what happened to Kubes in Houston. Frankly, Kubes got way more time in Houston than he probably should of and i was always surprised they didnt fire him sooner.

Ravage!!!
10-28-2015, 03:10 PM
What Bill O Brien has done/is doing is of little consequence to what happened to Kubes in Houston. Frankly, Kubes got way more time in Houston than he probably should of and i was always surprised they didnt fire him sooner.

Me too.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2015, 03:13 PM

Me too.

You guys are crazy. I'm not saying Kubes is the end-all / be-all of Head Coaches, but look at what he stepped into, and what the results were:

Northman
10-28-2015, 03:24 PM
You guys are crazy. I'm not saying Kubes is the end-all / be-all of Head Coaches, but look at what he stepped into, and what the results were:

I see that he had 3 winning seasons out of 8. Now take a look around the league and how long coaches actually remain with teams for not turning them around? The leeway for Kubes was a HELL of a lot more than most coaches get around the league. The fact that he didnt get his first winning season until his 4th year is astounding when other coaches would of been shown the door after 3 poor seasons.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I see that he had 3 winning seasons out of 8. Now take a look around the league and how long coaches actually remain with teams for not turning them around? The leeway for Kubes was a HELL of a lot more than most coaches get around the league. The fact that he didnt get his first winning season until his 4th year is astounding when other coaches would of been shown the door after 3 poor seasons.

And, those teams (including the Texans) remain in the cellar. Dude took over a 2-14 team, and showed steady improvement. They had their first non-losing season after 2, first winning season EVER after 4, in the playoffs in 6.

I'm not the #1 Kubiak fan - I do like him, but don't think he's the best coach ever. I think he was a great fit in Houston (not sure about the GM...), and is a great fit here - especially after Manning retires.

Joel
10-28-2015, 04:30 PM
And, those teams (including the Texans) remain in the cellar. Dude took over a 2-14 team, and showed steady improvement. They had their first non-losing season after 2, first winning season EVER after 4, in the playoffs in 6.

I'm not the #1 Kubiak fan - I do like him, but don't think he's the best coach ever. I think he was a great fit in Houston (not sure about the GM...), and is a great fit here - especially after Manning retires.
Only thing I'd add is a reminder Houston wasn't just 2-14 when he arrived, but a four-year-old expansion team, one born when the NFL overcompensated for aiding the expansion Panthers and Jags so much BOTH reached conferences championship games just a year after they were created. The Texans had JACK, but even if they'd had more, what's the fastest ANY expansion team EVER reached a SB? 11 years, even with Tom Landry coaching it the whole time: Kubiak had 3 less years and FAR less HoFers.

So Schaub imploding while every good player but Andre Johnson goes on IR by midseason, and that instantly proves a guy who made a fledgling 2-14 expansion team a contender sucks. He won the franchises first playoff game with a ROOKIE UDFA QB: How far must he take that dogs dinner to be good enough?

Northman
10-28-2015, 04:53 PM

There was improvement but there was also regression and games where they choked and play calling was part of the problem. This isnt me trashing the guy but i did find it very strange that he kept holding onto a job after he still continued to fail to take them further. He's better than most coaches but is not a "great" coach by any means. He still has lot to prove here in Denver before i crown him anything regardless of what Joel thinks.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2015, 05:02 PM
There was improvement but there was also regression and games where they choked and play calling was part of the problem. This isnt me trashing the guy but i did find it very strange that he kept holding onto a job after he still continued to fail to take them further. He's better than most coaches but is not a "great" coach by any means. He still has lot to prove here in Denver before i crown him anything regardless of what Joel thinks.

I mean, that's your opinion and I accept that. I don't agree - but that's OK too. I watched as much of the Texans as I could (being out of market) and he definitely had them on the right track. As Joel mentioned (and I hate agreeing with him) the year he got fired was a fluke with injuries and a QB that simply shit the bed.

Ravage!!!
10-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Several seasons in which the Texans were picked to place high in the playoffs, and they just didn't make it. That doesn't show up in the "stats" that are shown. The failures from the high expectations based on the talent of the team. It's how coaches are judged. How well did they do based on the talent on the team, and how did they do against the division. Did they show improvment from the disappointing season, prior? Often Kubiak and the Texans didn't.

Honestly, its EASY to show improvement of a 2-14 team. That's not the hard part. Its continued improvement without just dropping the ball over and over,and that is where Kubiak seemed to fail while in Houston. It was just 2010, that he finished 3rd in the division BEHIND Jacksonville. 2008, third in division. 2007, 4th in the division. 2009 they finally came in second with a 1 game lead over Jax and just 1 game over .500. In 2010 Jax has its last full year of Del-Rio (another coach that kept his job too long), and Tennesse moved on from Vince Young....they still come in 3rd at 8-8.

This is behind teams such as Tennessee and Jacksonville...not just behind Manning and the Colts. I think Kubiak is just one of the guys that is a better coorinator than an HC.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Such a bunch of nonsense, Rav. The divisions and teams were far different back then than now. In fact, all three teams other than Houston made the playoffs in 2007-2008. They had good teams. Texans have their first non-losing season.

In 2008-2009, the Titans won the division at 13-3, with the Colts a wildcard team at 12-4. Texans 8-8 again.

In 2009-2010, the Texans had their first winning season EVER (9-7). The Colts were 14-2.

In 2010-2011, they had an off year at 6-10

2011-2012, won their division and a playoff game, lost to Baltimore in a close game on the road

2012-2013, won their division and their first playoff game, lost to NE in NE (big surprise)

2013-2014, wheels fell off - injuries, QB making shit decisions, Kubiak fired.

Joel
10-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Several seasons in which the Texans were picked to place high in the playoffs, and they just didn't make it.
After they were .500 Kubiaks SECOND year, their first non-losing season EVER? Which homers expected a deep playoff run from a team that'd NEVER HAD A WINNING SEASON?

Maybe after they finally DID finish ONE game above .500? Yeah, right.

The ONLY season ANY competent person picked the Texans for a deep playoff run was after they finished 10-6 division champs with their QB on IR, then won a playoff game with a ROOKIE FA QB playing the SIXTH NFL GAME OF HIS CAREER. Let's make that starkly clear: KUBIAK WON A PLAYOFF GAME WITH A QB WHO WAS DRAFTED LOWER AND PLAYED LESS NFL GAMES THAN MATT PARADIS. Yeah, guy's a bum; sorry bias blinded me.

Anyway, the ONLY time anyone reasonable picked them them to "place high in the playoffs" they went 12-4, won their division again, won a playoff game, then ran into a Cheatriots buzzsaw in a Foxborough playoff game—and we all KNOW great teams NEVER do THAT (just ask Manning. ;)) Coming within a game of the conference championship isn't "placing high" enough? Better not tell John "Not Too Shabby" Fox that.

Magnificent Seven
10-28-2015, 11:28 PM
FYI: Packers' DT BJ Raji's status is questionable. He is injured with groin. He might not play this Sunday.

In the aftermath of last Sunday's game, an MRI revealed no damage to Raji's groin, which ended his day early. With the bye week imminent (Week 7), the Packers will keep him in street clothes, as Letroy Guion gets the start at nose tackle.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20151101_GB@DEN

Joel
10-29-2015, 11:32 AM
FYI: Packers' DT BJ Raji's status is questionable. He is injured with groin. He might not play this Sunday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20151101_GB@DEN

Yeah, been watching that, because their NT is no less critical than ours. Rajis injury history and its effect on GBs D is a great example of why 3-4s need good depth there.

Buff
10-29-2015, 11:40 AM
BJ Raji practiced yesterday - and is coming off two weeks of rest for a groin that was not torn. I'd say there is a 100% chance he plays.

Northman
10-29-2015, 12:35 PM
BJ Raji practiced yesterday - and is coming off two weeks of rest for a groin that was not torn. I'd say there is a 100% chance he plays.

Its a big game for them just like it is for us, i expect him to play.

Krugan
11-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Well, i was wrong!

Happy to admit it :)

SR
11-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Well, i was wrong! Happy to admit it :)

Me too.

GEM
11-01-2015, 11:54 PM
I was close...24-13

Joel
11-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Sometimes I really love being wrong.... :tongue:

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
called it! you Peyton Manning non believers can eat crow.

chazoe60
11-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Broncos will win 29-10 and hold the Packers to less than 75 yards passing

Damn, I'm smart.

Northman
11-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Damn, I'm smart.

Well, not really. But good guess.

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 07:24 AM
I hope we win but I don't see it. Go Broncos make me eat crow.

Eat crow nonbeliever.

chazoe60
11-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Eat crow nonbeliever.
Suck my ........

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 08:19 AM
I don't feel great about this game. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win, won't be shocked if we lose.

No prediction, but not embarrassed to have stated the above. This was such a great game to watch. I was VERY nervous at kickoff. Thankfully, that went away pretty quick!

TimHippo
11-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Suck my ........

Why. Are you gay? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Northman
11-02-2015, 09:50 AM
No prediction, but not embarrassed to have stated the above. This was such a great game to watch. I was VERY nervous at kickoff. Thankfully, that went away pretty quick!

A lot of people didnt think we would win, including those who have been the biggest defenders the last 6 weeks.

weazel
11-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Packers week, Broncos biggest test this season. What you figure?

Broncos 19
Packers 17

I thought it would be closer

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2015, 01:28 PM
"We got an A+ on that game."

What a great game, and I am ashamed I didn't have the faith. This team took some great steps forward over the bye week.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 01:58 PM
"We got an A+ on that game."

What a great game, and I am ashamed I didn't have the faith. This team took some great steps forward over the bye week.

Just playing devil's advocate, but if your kid was doing poorly in school and you rode them about it, would you be ashamed if they turned it around?

Rex
11-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Just playing devil's advocate, but if your kid was doing poorly in school and you rode them about it, would you be ashamed if they turned it around?

Is your wife ashamed you sleep with men?

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Is your wife ashamed you sleep with men?

Rex, it's shameful you put your own personal fantasies on others. I mean, the two posts you had today are about gay sex. Clearly it's something you think about OFTEN.

EDIT: 3 of your 4 posts today have to do with homosexual activity. Maybe you should just come out of the closet!

Rex
11-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Rex, it's shameful you put your own personal fantasies on others. I mean, the two posts you had today are about gay sex. Clearly it's something you think about OFTEN.

EDIT: 3 of your 4 posts today have to do with homosexual activity. Maybe you should just come out of the closet!

Joe. embrace your homo.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Joe. embrace your homo.

Sorry - you're not my type. Maybe give Tubby a ring?

Oh, and I saw this on FB:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12109234_1091122137566558_1391202977904250935_n.jp g?oh=26516b19b4b88246693b2ea6c9c9fb10&oe=56B96F85