PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay will kill us

CrazyHorse
10-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Just sayin'... ;D

Ravage!!!
10-24-2015, 12:22 AM
not with our D. They are a better team, but its not like they will "kill" us with the Defense we have. If you've watched them play, especially last week, you can see that a tough defense can hang with them.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Denver is not going to get killed at Mile High by anybody this year.

Dapper Dan
10-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Reverse karma thread. Keep it up.

Yashahla17
10-24-2015, 05:12 AM
Green bay will probably win the game unless the defense gets a score. I don't think field goals and 3 and outs are going to beat rodgers. If u keep giving him the bal he'll score. He'll even Mccown was able to move the bal and score after awhile due to the defense just having to keep trotting out time after time.

Valar Morghulis
10-24-2015, 05:18 AM
I won't be betting on Denver next weekend.

I think it could be a wheels come of type game, crowd leave early, team gets booed, manning gets benched.

I am not looking forward to it

Dapper Dan
10-24-2015, 05:38 AM
I won't be betting on Denver next weekend.

I think it could be a wheels come of type game, crowd leave early, team gets booed, manning gets benched. Obama gets impeached. Biden takes over. The election is canceled. Vegetarianism takes hold of humans. Animals overpopulate. There's a vegetation shortage. We land on Mars and build green houses. America takes over Mars. Earth is left to an apocalyptic state. Tim Tebow saves the earth. Mars is hit by a meteor.

I am not looking forward to it

Damn, Dude.

Valar Morghulis
10-24-2015, 05:52 AM
Damn, Dude.

Ayyy lmao

BroncoWave
10-24-2015, 06:59 AM
Like, literally?

Northman
10-24-2015, 08:08 AM
If the offense is still playing like it has the first 6 weeks i think it might play out like;

Green Bay- 24
Denver- 13

If the offense can at least find a bit of a running game and if Manning doesnt go total Tony Banks like he has the last few weeks it will play out like this;

Green Bay- 17
Denver- 20

Shazam!
10-24-2015, 11:20 AM
Aaron Rodgers will burn us but we will get to him too.

They have two weeks to prepare.

Broncos pull it out. I say it here first.

Simple Jaded
10-24-2015, 12:08 PM
"Archie should have pulled it out" -- Yashahaler.

NightTrainLayne
10-24-2015, 01:00 PM
As good as our defense is, I don't see any way we win this game the way our offense is playing.

Unless the offense makes some kind of amazing turnaround coming out of the bye, this is shaping up to be an embarrassing loss. IF, and that's still an if, but if the offense plays like they have been with multiple turnovers and 3-and-outs, we will not be in the game in the 4th quarter.

I'm really not looking forward to helping moderate a "sky is falling" board on Monday.

Northman
10-24-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm really not looking forward to helping moderate a "sky is falling" board on Monday.

I dont know if it will be a sky is falling (at least any worse than it is now) but i think if we lose it will bring the Broncos back down to earth and show our glaring weaknesses.

Magnificent Seven
10-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Looks like the game will be getting a low score. It will be all about defense and a place kicker.

underrated29
10-24-2015, 02:57 PM
I
As good as our defense is, I don't see any way we win this game the way our offense is playing.

Unless the offense makes some kind of amazing turnaround coming out of the bye, this is shaping up to be an embarrassing loss. IF, and that's still an if, but if the offense plays like they have been with multiple turnovers and 3-and-outs, we will not be in the game in the 4th quarter.

I agree 100%.

I never ever pick us to lose and I am picking us to lose and pretty handily. If we can get that run game going things may just come together and let our defense rest up. If not, we are in big trouble.

BronColt
10-24-2015, 03:01 PM
This is the game Manning STOPS PLAYING POSSUM!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2015, 03:10 PM

Hey - there has been a "sky is falling" board with EVERY win the Broncos have had so far. Even if the Broncos win, there will be one poster who will find multiple faults with Peyton.

Simple Jaded
10-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Personally, I hope Manning waits til the Cheatriots game to stop PLAYING POSSUM.

BronColt
10-24-2015, 03:45 PM

Simple Jaded
10-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Actually Manning has 10 TD passes.

SR
10-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Actually Manning has 10 TD passes.

lol

CrazyHorse
10-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Manning and Rodgers are both going to get sacked a lot. Both teams have pretty poor offensive lines and great pass rushers. It will come down who ever can run better. I think that will be us.

Krugan
10-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Kinda thinking this is the game where we find out the d has been great, against sub par offenses.

I dont want to be the dark cloud kind of guy, just sill not feeling it with this group.

olathebroncofan
10-24-2015, 10:23 PM
In before the Joel/Yoshi team start posting

My 2 cents...we solve some of our issues on offense, and it becomes an instant classic.

Denver 27
GB 24

Dapper Dan
10-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Manning scrambles and dives for a first, doing a helicopter flip, igniting our offense for the rest of the season.

Northman
10-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Manning and Rodgers are both going to get sacked a lot. Both teams have pretty poor offensive lines and great pass rushers. It will come down who ever can run better. I think that will be us.

Rodgers may get sacked a couple of times but he has the mobility to get away from a lot of the pass rush. Lacy has been a huge disappointment for them this year but Starks could be a problem so its really a toss up right now in terms of who's running game will contribute the most.

capt. Jack
10-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Were gonna win, and PFM will have a good game!
👽

NightTerror218
10-25-2015, 10:14 AM
If Manning plays like he has this season with no running game. Keeping defense on the field Aaron Rodgers will eventually wear them down.

Denver 6
GB 26

If we play like last week with running game. Making sure we sustain some drives to keep defense fresh against Rodgers.

Denver 13
GB 17

Only way we win is we get better play from QB position and OL play increases as well and can manage blitzes.

Broncos 20
GB 17

Ravage!!!
10-25-2015, 10:26 AM

:confused: How on earth did you come to this conclusion?

swaiy
10-25-2015, 11:35 AM

If I had to guess: drugs.

Valar Morghulis
10-25-2015, 11:59 AM
If I had to guess: drugs.

Lol, I didn't think what he said was all that outrageous!

Joel
10-25-2015, 04:51 PM
I've been dreading this game as much as the N* game for about as long. I don't know if their line also sucks (it almost CAN'T suck as much as ours) but IF it comes down to who runs best, GB has the 5th best rushing average; we're 5th WORST. Granted, their D is also statistically bad vs. the run, but better than Clevelands, against which we had a decent but not great game, and only after it tired late. I wouldn't mind having GBs FB.

The real bottom line, IMHO, is that Lacy/Stark can beat us if we sell out on Rodgers, and vice versa, but the whole NFL's known for a year-and-a-half that stopping Manning=stopping Denver: We HAVE nothing else. We can talk about the latest flavor of the month RB so much better than LAST months unanimous favorite (it's kind of a tradition at this point) but [your RB here] isn't going to the magic bullet that finally teachers our line to run block.

Nearly every power ranking (for the neglible amount they're worth) puts GB or Cincy second to only N*, and most favor the Packers: They're FAR better than the mediocre or worse teams we've played so far, solid virtually everywhere on their roster. They've got some injuries (e.g. Raji, Davante Adams) but also have a bye to heal up this week, and we're pretty beat up ourselves. More likely than not, this will get very ugly very fast. I could definitely see frequent extended booing, maybe by halftime.

CrazyHorse
10-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Lacy has been doing his best Montee Ball impression as of late.

CrazyHorse
10-25-2015, 05:39 PM

As bad as our run game is. I don't think Green Bay will be able to do much against our front 7.

Joel
10-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Lacy has been doing his best Montee Ball impression as of late.
Maybe, but Starks is averaging 4.5/att. I can't help wondering if Lacy simply hasn't become an every down back yet, and is suffering as a result: When the D knows you can't pass block to save your All Pro QBs life, your mere presence on the field also tells them it's a run, and they play accordingly.

As bad as our run game is. I don't think Green Bay will be able to do much against our front 7.
Focusing on their running "establishes" their passing, but dropping everyone in coverage (as Seattle did to us in the SB) or blitzing Rodgers (as SD and KC did in 2013) opens up their running game instead. We can't defend everything all the time, so it becomes a matter of picking our poison: Such are the joys of a balanced offense. Wish we had one, but we don't, so I expect a little more of Manning running for his life while trying to avoid Ints, with occasional 2 yd stuffed runs, and a LOT of our D trying to defend everything.

I can only hope you're right about their line being bad; I haven't watched enough of them to know. I do know ours is a disaster area (or rather, turns our backfield into one.)

BronColt
11-02-2015, 01:23 AM
https://youtu.be/lHvk5VSLGo4
This is the game Manning STOPS PLAYING POSSUM!!

I'm not saying I told you so....but I told you so.

Joel
11-02-2015, 02:13 AM
https://youtu.be/lHvk5VSLGo4

I'm not saying I told you so....but I told you so.
Line finally showed up: Give this team an offensive line and no power on Earth can stop it. The run gouged them all night (even in the 5:00 Drill when they KNEW it was coming) until they were FORCED to sell out on stopping it, which made play-action a credible threat and opened up the long ball, since the pass rushers couldn't just sprint for Manning without looking over their shoulder in case Anderson or Hillman was squirting out behind them for a long TD. Mainly because of the THREE times they WERE.

That let Manning throw between the LBs and safeties when they stacked the box against the run, or just go deep, which got us to the red zone, and then it was pick your poison: They shut Manning out of the end zone (thanks to a ticky tack call on Caldwells TD) but gave up 3 rushing TDs (including a 20 yarder the FIRST play after Caldwells flag.) It's eleven on eleven: They can't send 8-9 guys to stop the run AND 8-9 more to stop the pass. This is what we hired Kubiak to do, and WHY.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2015, 04:26 PM

I was wrong about both QB's getting sacked. Rodgers was pressured all night and the running game was a big factor in the win though.