PDA

View Full Version : What player would you want before the Nov 4th trade deadline

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 02:39 AM
Who's on your wishlist?

I have seen several articles suggesting that players like Jimmy Graham, R. White, Forte and others could get dealt. What player would benifit the team the most? Can be anyone not just the rumored players above.

We have depth on defense and I think one of our linebackers could be dealt.

Valar Morghulis
10-19-2015, 02:44 AM
Who's on your wishlist? I have seen several articles suggesting that players like Jimmy Graham, R. White, Forte and others could get dealt. What player would benifit the team the most? Can be anyone not just the rumored players above. We have depth on defense and I think one of our linebackers could be dealt.

Cleveland's LT would be nice.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 02:54 AM
Who's on your wishlist? I have seen several articles suggesting that players like Jimmy Graham, R. White, Forte and others could get dealt. What player would benifit the team the most? Can be anyone not just the rumored players above. We have depth on defense and I think one of our linebackers could be dealt.

I was afraid to say that but you said it for me.

Man I miss Nalen and Lepsis! We used to have good OLs but it was wasted away after Elway retired. Cowboys have always had luck there.

SR
10-19-2015, 06:15 AM
I was afraid to say that but you said it for me. Man I miss Nalen and Lepsis! We used to have good OLs but it was wasted away after Elway retired. Cowboys have always had luck there.

Lepsis blew out TD's knee.

I would like DT back because the #88 they've got not doesn't play with any fire at all and is dropping balls like TO.

chazoe60
10-19-2015, 06:17 AM
Aaron Rodgers.

SR
10-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Aaron Rodgers.

I would pull a Mile Ditka to trade for him.

BroncoWave
10-19-2015, 07:23 AM
I don't see us realistically trading for a player who would be able to help us a whole lot this season. Would be too difficult cap-wise. That, and the fact that you just don't really see deadline trades in the NFL of any significance ever.

Yashahla17
10-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Trade manning and hillman for alfred morris and rg3.

SR
10-19-2015, 07:42 AM

This isn't Madden. And no.

BroncoWave
10-19-2015, 07:45 AM
This isn't Madden. And no.

On top of the fact that that's an absolutely absurd trade proposal that would never happen, Manning has a no-trade clause.

CrazyHorse
10-19-2015, 09:22 AM
I'd trade a low round pick for RG3.

CoachChaz
10-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Tall TE with decent hands. Don't really care what his name is. Just something to be an 3rd option in the middle of the field.

Yashahla17
10-19-2015, 09:41 AM

Me too. Id oove to see him and brock compete. Though i think brock would definitely beat rg3 out but id like a number two oick with talent as brocks backup incase im wrong about him.

slim
10-19-2015, 09:43 AM
Tall TE with decent hands. Don't really care what his name is. Just something to be an 3rd option in the middle of the field.

Beef has soft hands

MOtorboat
10-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Aaron Rodgers.

As long as we're in Lala Land, this is the guy.

CoachChaz
10-19-2015, 09:48 AM

He did grow up as a big Broncos fan.

chazoe60
10-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Maybe some sort of package deal where we get Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt. I'd settle for JJ Watt and Andrew Luck as long as we don't have to include any 1st round picks.

slim
10-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Beef has soft hands

...and a tight end.

Mike
10-19-2015, 10:21 AM
We need a TE and a reliable slot WR.

underrated29
10-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Id love to add:

Vernon Davis- we need someone who can catch and block. He can. Injured or not he is better than owen daniels and would be nice to have with Jeff heuerman next year.
RG3- why not. He will take a late rd pick and has potential. Turns Chris Clark into RG3- im fine with that.
Duane Brown- Trade our first and clady to the texans for Duane and a 2nd.......or something.....

**Yes its not madden. none of these will ever happen....we know.

weazel
10-19-2015, 10:52 AM
I think Elway's going to trade the entire offense for GB's offense. It'll happen

chazoe60
10-19-2015, 01:31 PM
I think Elway's going to trade the entire offense for GB's offense. It'll happen

No deal! I like our WRs better. They can keep Jones and Cobb we'll keep DT and Sanders. Then we got a deal.

TimHippo
10-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Matt Schaub

and the Colts special teams coach.

Ravage!!!
10-19-2015, 02:21 PM

Gross to both..no thanks... go back to tiddly winks

Timmy!
10-19-2015, 03:35 PM
A slot wr would nice....especially if he could return kicks.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

Realistic players. Lol

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:06 PM
I was afraid to say that but you said it for me. Man I miss Nalen and Lepsis! We used to have good OLs but it was wasted away after Elway retired. Cowboys have always had luck there.

Lepsis blew out TD's knee.

I would like DT back because the #88 they've got not doesn't play with any fire at all and is dropping balls like TO.

Yeah but he was still a damn good lineman and it was a fluke injury.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:07 PM

Trades that would help the team not make it worse.

TimHippo
10-19-2015, 04:13 PM

Morris actually shined under Shanahan's zone blocking scheme. I think he could be taken cheaply because his rookie contract is up and the Skins don't want to pay him. Skins are also trying to limit his carries to reduce his contract value so I'm sure Morris wants to get out of the worst organization in pro sports.

RGIII is a lost cause.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Id love to add:

Vernon Davis- we need someone who can catch and block. He can. Injured or not he is better than owen daniels and would be nice to have with Jeff heuerman next year.
RG3- why not. He will take a late rd pick and has potential. Turns Chris Clark into RG3- im fine with that.
Duane Brown- Trade our first and clady to the texans for Duane and a 2nd.......or something.....

**Yes its not madden. none of these will ever happen....we know.

I'd love to have Vernon here.

Our offense right now is being outscored by our kicker and I believe our defense has scored around 60% or more of our points. That's a problem and we need to add some help on offense.

I also like Bennet and Forte from the Bears. Throw in CJ, Green draft choice or one of our backup LBs.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:17 PM

Morris actually shined under Shanahan's zone blocking scheme. I think he could be taken cheaply because his rookie contract is up and the Skins don't want to pay him.

RGIII is a lost cause.

Pass catching TEs and RBs shine in a Manning led offense. Long term Morris might be a better option in the Kubiak offense but CJ is also cookie cutter material for a ZBS run game. CJ looks terrible and that leads me to believe Morris would look the same.

Forte offers more than what a one cut RB can do and can open up the passing attack. He would be a really good option on 3rd downs, an area we struggle. He is Moreno on steriods.

BroncoWave
10-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Pass catching TEs and RBs shine in a Manning led offense. Long term Morris might be a better option in the Kubiak offense but CJ is also cookie cutter material for a ZBS run game. CJ looks terrible and that leads me to believe Morris would look the same.

Forte offers more than what a one cut RB can do and can open up the passing attack. He would be a really good option on 3rd downs, an area we struggle. He is Moreno on steriods.

Forte is making 7 million bucks this year. How exactly do we pay for that?

TimHippo
10-19-2015, 04:23 PM

I dunno I just don't see the Bears parting with Matt Forte. It would take alot to get him even if the Bears were trying to move him.

Morris can be brought in very cheaply. Scot McCloughan likes collecting draft picks so I could see it happen for a 5th round pick. A 4th would definitely get you Morris but a 5th may be enough.

NightTerror218
10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Barrett for Forte.

Travathan for Bennet.

BroncoWave
10-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Barrett for Forte.

Travathan for Bennet.

Hell no on the first trade. A young, talented pass rusher for an old running back? That would be one of the dumbest trades in history. Yes Forte is having a good year, but that move would just reek of desperation by selling your future to steal a ring this year. Which would be great if we won the ring, but the odds would still be highly against it.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Barrett for Forte.

Travathan for Bennet.

2 stud starters? No thank you. Think backup LBs instead plus draft choices. CJ and Green or Daniels could be a possibility too

tomjonesrocks
10-19-2015, 04:39 PM
It was reported the Broncos phoned the 49ers on Davis earlier in the year. Don't see any way they can pay him but there was interest at one time.

GEM
10-19-2015, 04:40 PM

Not just no, but **** no! The **** outta here with that shit. RG3? And you're complaining about Manning??? Come on, mannnnn!! Someone got a gun, because just reading that made me want to eat bullets.

GEM
10-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Barrett for Forte.

Travathan for Bennet.

Keep your damn hands off my adopted Bronco....you aren't trading my boy for some dude with a million miles on his tread!

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:42 PM

Forte is making 7 million bucks this year. How exactly do we pay for that?

You would have to include a couple of our players in the trade. Not impossible but yeah it would be a hard deal to put together.

Guess I'm just dreaming of a better offense while we still have time to improve it. If we dont we will get blown out in the playoffs. Love this defense but at some point this season we are going to need to convert 3rd downs and actually score in the redzone. It's very frustrating to see the NFLs best offense 2 years ago go to the 30th offense in such a short period of time.

NightTerror218
10-19-2015, 04:44 PM
2 stud starters? No thank you. Think backup LBs instead plus draft choices. CJ and Green or Daniels could be a possibility too

Barrett is a back up.

ILB is loaded and Marshall is the better. Our back ups played well when he was out

Your list of what ha e they done this season. RB is not deep, CJ has no value. Green is not a pass. Atching TE has no value. Daniels is old and not doing anything has no value.

Be realistic.

NightTerror218
10-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Keep your damn hands off my adopted Bronco....you aren't trading my boy for some dude with a million miles on his tread!

Forte? He is not that old, not to menti ok n he is one of the best all around RB in the league.

GEM
10-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Forte? He is not that old, not to menti ok n he is one of the best all around RB in the league.

And they've run the shit out of him because Cutler is well Cutler. Barrett is a damn beast. No thank you. :D Ware is gone in 1-2 seasons most likely, Trevathon has questionable knees and we saw where we were yesterday with just a couple of injuries, we're not as stacked as we believed we were when the injury bug hit the LBer's.

UnderArmour
10-19-2015, 04:48 PM

If only... Clady and a first or two. Joe Thomas is a HOF Left Tackle.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Got to think Shaq is completely off limits. That dude is a stud. We do have luxury at that position but out of the 4 players (Ware, Shaq, Ray and Miller) I'd rather see Ray be the one traded. Miller is our best player on D, Ware is our leader and captain and Shaq is a freak. Ray is damn good too but if a team offered a blockbuster trade for him I wouldn't be mad about it.

Ware logically makes the most sense but I love the connection he has with Wade Phillips and I love the leadership he has brought to the team. He is well worth the money. Something about his presence in the locker room just can't be explained.

BroncoWave
10-19-2015, 04:51 PM

For a RB he is absolutely old. Has a LOT of miles on his legs too. I would have made a trade like that for him 3-4 years ago, but not now.

weazel
10-19-2015, 04:52 PM
If only... Clady and a first or two. Joe Thomas is a HOF Left Tackle.

Clady wouldn't get anything in a trade, dude's a casualty

NightTerror218
10-19-2015, 04:52 PM
And they've run the shit out of him because Cutler is well Cutler. Barrett is a damn beast. No thank you. :D Ware is gone in 1-2 seasons most likely, Trevathon has questionable knees and we saw where we were yesterday with just a couple of injuries, we're not as stacked as we believed we were when the injury bug hit the LBer's.

Barrett will most likely remain a back up entire career at OLB behind Miller and Ray.

GEM
10-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Barrett will most likely remain a back up entire career at OLB behind Miller and Ray.

That's pretty good backup. And young. And cheap. And can start immediately.

Forte has a million miles and isn't cheap and hasn't run in a zone blocking system so there is no guarantee he'd be as good as he has been.

No way.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 04:56 PM

Barrett is a back up.

ILB is loaded and Marshall is the better. Our back ups played well when he was out

Your list of what ha e they done this season. RB is not deep, CJ has no value. Green is not a pass. Atching TE has no value. Daniels is old and not doing anything has no value.

Be realistic.

Lol some teams put a value on blocking TEs. We have completely ignored pass catching TEs and over valued blocking TEs. I don't think Fox thinks CJ has no value just because of this year and the fact that this offense hasn't worked out well for him. So I AM being realistic.

Shaq is not a realist option either but maybe Trevathan is because our backup LBs are pretty solid. Part of me doesn't want to mess with the chemistry on defense though.

This is all complete speculation anyway.

Anyone know what Vernons cap hit is this season?

NightTerror218
10-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Lol some teams put a value on blocking TEs. We have completely ignored pass catching TEs and over valued blocking TEs. I don't think Fox thinks CJ has no value just because of this year and the fact that this offense hasn't worked out well for him. So I AM being realistic.

Shaq is not a realist option either but maybe Trevathan is because our backup LBs are pretty solid. Part of me doesn't want to mess with the chemistry on defense though.

Vernon, Mr buy my stock. I think it's pretty high.

tomjonesrocks
10-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't know that you want to tinker with the defense but Trevathan is shoppable. Has value, is a huge injury risk and if I'm not mistaken in a contract year. If so he likely walks next season anyway.

BroncoWave
10-19-2015, 05:00 PM

You can never ever ever have too many pass rushers. A 3rd pass rusher is a valuable commodity.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 05:04 PM
For a RB he is absolutely old. Has a LOT of miles on his legs too. I would have made a trade like that for him 3-4 years ago, but not now.

Which is why Forte might come alot cheaper than many think.

What makes you think Ray is better than Shaq? Because Ray was drafted in the 1st round and has all the hype from the fans? Shaq is a complete all around player and offers more than just pass rush. Heis a Ware clone, can't beat that. Not to mention cheaper than Ray.

That's pretty good backup. And young. And cheap. And can start immediately.

Forte has a million miles and isn't cheap and hasn't run in a zone blocking system so there is no guarantee he'd be as good as he has been.

No way.

Agreed on trading Shaq for Forte. That trade straight up player for player would be dumb on our part. Pass rushers are a premium in the league, not RBs. But I do like me some Forte. He's not done at all and the Bears seem to want to make changes right now.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 05:09 PM

You can never ever ever have too many pass rushers. A 3rd pass rusher is a valuable commodity.

But we have 4. If someone offered a blockbuster would Elway consider it? Even if it was for 2 seconds then said no? Lol

Pass rushers, shutdown corners and franchise QBs are the hardest to find.

Shaq and Ray have a low cap value and that makes them extremely valuable to the team....any team.

DenBronx
10-19-2015, 05:11 PM

Vernon, Mr buy my stock. I think it's pretty high.

So you think we are ok at TE then?

Daniels did make some key catches yesterday, even though they were ugly. But I'm not holding my breath that it continues. Dude just doesn't get open that easy.

underrated29
10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
It was reported the Broncos phoned the 49ers on Davis earlier in the year. Don't see any way they can pay him but there was interest at one time.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

TXBRONC
10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
I don't see us realistically trading for a player who would be able to help us a whole lot this season. Would be too difficult cap-wise. That, and the fact that you just don't really see deadline trades in the NFL of any significance ever.

An impact player like Joe Thomas or Jimmy Graham is not doable. Besides the money issue for either one of those players to get up to speed before the end of season would be unlikely.

chazoe60
10-19-2015, 05:18 PM
How about this? We swing a deal for Aaron Rodgers and for Tom Brady. Brady wouldn't do much for us because he'd be the backup, but he also wouldn't be helping the pats either. Like a reverse addition by subtraction kinda thing. Why am I not a GM?

underrated29
10-19-2015, 05:22 PM
We need a LT and a TE. We need a Boss at both of those spots. Ty can then move back to RT, where I think he will do exceptionally well at. Harris will go the bench (which he will do exceptionally well at) and Schofield can then work on being a Guard/Tackle- allowing us to cut shelly smith and his expensive contract.

90% of our pressures are coming from the LT and LG position. RT is next worst. Ty can lock down RT i think (with a little TE help too). We need that LT. Mathis will get it together or Mad Max will come in and do it for him.

Really, I do not see how it can be done unless we get a guy like Duane Brown. Familiar with the system, the coach and he is a fricking boss!....He would take a first and then some. Clady and a 1st? Id do it! They wont. Toss in webster?

We also need a pass catching/run blocking TE. A complete set. Green is supposed to be him, but he cant get his blocking right suddenly. Daniels just sucks. I do not even know who else we have on our roster thats how bad it is. Heuerman is the future there, so whomever we (fantasize) about bringing in will not be a big dollar player most likely. Cook perhaps. Id call miami and see what it would take to get Dion Simms off of their hands.

weazel
10-19-2015, 05:22 PM
How about this? We swing a deal for Aaron Rodgers and for Tom Brady. Brady wouldn't do much for us because he'd be the backup, but he also wouldn't be helping the pats either. Like a reverse addition by subtraction kinda thing. Why am I not a GM?

yeah but you would still need Luck to hold the clip board

dogfish
10-19-2015, 05:28 PM
good freaking grief, did somebody actually suggest trading barrett?

:frusty: :frusty:

TXBRONC
10-19-2015, 05:30 PM
yeah but you would still need Luck to hold the clip board

Well duh that's because Brady would end up with sprained vagina while holding the clip board.

underrated29
10-19-2015, 05:32 PM
We need a LT and a TE. We need a Boss at both of those spots. Ty can then move back to RT, where I think he will do exceptionally well at. Harris will go the bench (which he will do exceptionally well at) and Schofield can then work on being a Guard/Tackle- allowing us to cut shelly smith and his expensive contract.

90% of our pressures are coming from the LT and LG position. RT is next worst. Ty can lock down RT i think (with a little TE help too). We need that LT. Mathis will get it together or Mad Max will come in and do it for him.

Really, I do not see how it can be done unless we get a guy like Duane Brown. Familiar with the system, the coach and he is a fricking boss!....He would take a first and then some. Clady and a 1st? Id do it! They wont. Toss in webster?

We also need a pass catching/run blocking TE. A complete set. Green is supposed to be him, but he cant get his blocking right suddenly. Daniels just sucks. I do not even know who else we have on our roster thats how bad it is. Heuerman is the future there, so whomever we (fantasize) about bringing in will not be a big dollar player most likely. Cook perhaps. Id call miami and see what it would take to get Dion Simms off of their hands.

After thinking about this a Vet that is more expensive at TE may just be better. He can teach Jeff and we can dump daniels and the other scrubs. Daniels has a huge contract too. Vernon, get your ass on down here!!!

GEM
10-19-2015, 05:51 PM
good freaking grief, did somebody actually suggest trading barrett?

:frusty: :frusty:

right! Insanity!

Davii
10-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Well duh that's because Brady would end up with sprained vagina while holding the clip board.

He would have the clipboard lightened up, no worries.

Simple Jaded
10-19-2015, 10:52 PM

Martellus Bennett.

Simple Jaded
10-19-2015, 11:03 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap/

Forte has a $9 MM cap hit and Chicago probably doesn't want players in exchange, so he'd put Denver over the cap.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Davis is supposedly on the block.

DenBronx
10-20-2015, 07:01 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap/

Forte has a $9 MM cap hit and Chicago probably doesn't want players in exchange, so he'd put Denver over the cap.

Yeah that cap is way too much. Elway would have to swing a new deal for him and lower the cap.

Vernon Davis is maybe a more realistic option plus a position we need help at bad bad baaaad.

broncobryce
10-20-2015, 07:35 AM
Vernon Davis

Magnificent Seven
10-20-2015, 02:32 PM
I was afraid to say that but you said it for me.

Man I miss Nalen and Lepsis! We used to have good OLs but it was wasted away after Elway retired. Cowboys have always had luck there.

and Dan Neil

TimHippo
10-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Davis is supposedly on the block.

Vernon Davis is a must get for a one year rental before his contract is up. Kapernick doesn't know how to use his tightend. All davis big numbers came with Alex smith.

I'd snag him and Alfred Morris for some draft picks.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Dan Neil and Matt Lepsis sucked.

NightTerror218
10-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Which is why Forte might come alot cheaper than many think.

What makes you think Ray is better than Shaq? Because Ray was drafted in the 1st round and has all the hype from the fans? Shaq is a complete all around player and offers more than just pass rush. Heis a Ware clone, can't beat that. Not to mention cheaper than Ray.

Agreed on trading Shaq for Forte. That trade straight up player for player would be dumb on our part. Pass rushers are a premium in the league, not RBs. But I do like me some Forte. He's not done at all and the Bears seem to want to make changes right now.

Ray has only been in league several months ths. Shaq's Second year in league. Ray is already showing potential, a couple sacks and a FF. This dude will be a beast. Barrett has played well, had an outstanding game. But if he keeps it up he will prob chase the money since he was what another year? May has 3 more plus the 5th option.

Shaq will have trade value and if Ray keeps developing Shaq may want to start somewhere else.

This is a theoretical thread so I said trade a dude with hype for instant impact player to help win a SB this year.

CoachChaz
10-20-2015, 09:57 PM

Martellus Bennett.

Love it. Plus he wouldn't be a 9 game rental.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2015, 11:19 PM
Love it. Plus he wouldn't be a 9 game rental.

Bennett and Heuerman would be sweet TE combo, plus, maybe the next QB won't completely ignore a wide F-ing open Virgil Green.

7DnBrnc53
10-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Dan Neil and Matt Lepsis sucked.

I think you are thinking of George Foster, Lennie Friedman, and Trey Teague. Lepsis and Neil were solid.

Magnificent Seven
10-23-2015, 01:24 AM
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-could-look-for-tight-end-ahead-of-trade-deadline-40470507

Denver should get Niners' TE Vernon Davis.