PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning is PLAYING POSSUM!!!

BronColt
10-13-2015, 05:18 PM
...and all of you are eating it up that he's done!! Just like the 5 teams he's beat this year!

I've followed Peyton ever since he got out of College, his entire being is focused around deception and fooling the other teams to not give them an edge. He is currently tricking the teams, the fans, the other coaches, the entire world into thinking that he's done.

Why do you think Kubiak has gone out of his way to state what kind of offense they're going to run on multiple occasions?!? What other coaches say week in and week out that they're a running team and they're not going to stop running the ball and that they're sticking to their guns?! There is no better way to fool opposing teams and coaches into thinking that you're a one dimensional team than by telling the world exactly what kind of game plan you have. Why do you think that the running totals are so low even though they say they are going to run the ball more often than pass?

Elway, Manning and Kubiak have been planning this from DAY 1! They're going to pretend to TRY and have a running game, look discombobulated, look out of sync, look like the o line is a mess, look like Peyton is finished, let the speculation run wild that Brock is coming off the bench, let the entire league THINK that they shouldn't be undefeated this season!!!

If you've ever done a magic trick, you know that while people are watching one hand, the other hand is doing the real magic of deception; what you are seeing on the field is a MASTERFUL DECEPTION that has EVERYONE fooled including the fans!!

They know they need to preserve Mannings arm until later in the season, and the only way they can do that is by letting everyone think they suck...while STILL WINNING...and then let this offense loose when it matters most...the POST SEASON.

You all witnessed what happened in Baltimore, in Kansas City, in every game so far this season; Manning has made critical plays...in the 4th quarter when IT MATTERED to win those games. Yes..the Defense scored and polished those games off but the D wouldn't have been in the position they were in unless Manning had gotten them there! This is what teams do when they KNOW they have an elite Defense...they let the O manage the game and not let them LOSE THE GAME! Manning hasn't LOST the game at any point this season thus far. Has he made mistakes? Sure. Has he looked spent? Sure. Is it entirely possible this is a meticulously planned strategy to deceive the competition? ABSOLUTELY.

Why would they do that? Well what has Manning done year in and year out pretty much his whole career? Dominated the regular season and get booted in the playoffs. When you're painting that big a target year in and year out; you are the team to beat and no team overlooks a Manning led team. When you're team is percieved to be struggling what do you do? You game plan to the weaknesses of the team to exploit holes in the armor. You defend against the short pass, you stack the box to prevent the run, you might overlook a 5-0 Manning led team right now because they appear weak, when in reality they are SO strong that they can afford to appear weak and then use their strength as a turbo booster so to speak at the end of the season and most importantly in the Post season.

You all saw what happened last year UNTIL the Charger game when he suffered the leg injury. He wasn't the same and they failed in the playoffs. It was NOT because of his arm strength. I think you might have seen one or two LONG throws THIS season that gave the team a score, a lead and a win. Maybe just to prove a point? How about all the articles about Manning can't feel his fingers and that ESPN article that made Manning look like...Colonel Sanders, someone said.

This is all a deception. Wait and and see, mark my words they Will magically discover a running game the last 4 games of the season, and Manning will be throwing 300+ yards and 2-3 TD's a game. A nice warm up for the post season, and everyone will think it's a fluke.

Mannings message to the league after raising the Lombardi trophy?

"FOOLED YOU!!!"

BroncoJoe
10-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Wait. What?

I Eat Staples
10-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Holy shit this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Northman
10-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Actually, the Ravens played in Denver....... lmao

BroncoWave
10-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Definitely did not read any of that.

UnderArmour
10-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Uh, can mods take care of this guy? Clearly he is leaking confidential front office information. He caught onto Elway's master plan of having Manning throw interceptions and erratic throws on purpose to make the Broncos look vulnerable. This information absolutely cannot be allowed to spill any further.

Valar Morghulis
I wonder what yash thinks of this....i hope he shares his thoughts on this matter.

spikerman
This is what happens when you legalize it.

BronColt
Was referring to the team, not the city in which they played.

Dapper Dan
10-13-2015, 05:36 PM
All of us? Don't ******* tell me what I think you ignorant sack of shit.

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Holy shit this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

I guess you've never read own posts. :wave:

J/K :D

tubby
10-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Hell yeah :rockon:

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Definitely did not read any of that.

You did better than I did. I read the title and the opening sentence and then I quit.

Valar Morghulis
10-13-2015, 05:40 PM
I just re read that. I can't believe someone took the time to put those words together in that order, then shared it with others.

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 05:49 PM
I just re read that. I can't believe someone took the time to put those words together in that order, then shared it with others.

You read it twice? I couldn't get through it even once?

MOtorboat
This the best theory I've heard. Please tell me more.

Northman
Oh, i get it. Its Hotcarl.

Pudge
10-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Oh, i get it. Its Hotcarl.

Hotcarl was funny

slim
10-13-2015, 06:00 PM
All the turnovers sure had me fooled.

#eggonmyface

I Eat Staples
10-13-2015, 06:05 PM
I guess you've never read own posts. :wave:

J/K :D

Hahaha well played sir.

GEM
10-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Listen you jackhats.....just wait til the Packers game, I think this guy is onto something. :D

BronColt
10-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Ok, now that I've had some fun with all of you, let's be serious. I've read a ton of ridiculousness in some of these forums...

Remember Waaaay Back (i.e Last MONTH) When It Was All "Let Peyton Be Peyton

Time to bench Peyton Manning

At what point does Manning become more of a detriment to this team?

And my favorite...

Would the offense be better with Tebow at QB?

It appears as if MOST of you think that Manning is beyond redemption, and that the end is nigh for Manning. After watching him his entire career, college, Colts and Broncos; I firmly believe there is more to this season than meets the eye. I agree the O line needs to get better and our receivers need to stop dropping so many balls. But the fact that Manning has started slow is not an indicator of him being done, they're simply in the midst of trying to create breathing room for Manning to keep his arm fresh for the post season. New coach, new scheme, new O line; it's all a work in progress.

What you're seeing is a team led by some pretty smart guys that know how to win games, and have a quarterback that's smart enough to adjust to all these changes and STILL be able to finish off games with a W. Without the defense we definitely aren't 5-0. given enough time in this system, Manning will master this offense just like he's always done and come the end of this season...and post season is when you'll see it all come together.

Have some faith in your team to pull it all together, there's a lot of season left! It baffles me how much negativity is in here, especially from the die hard fans. I've seen the posts when Manning first got here and how he's never going to be good again and how he's washed up. Give the man some credit! He's made a living out of proving people wrong.

Can't wait to see what you all have to say when he starts blowing shit up again.

Northman
10-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Can't wait to see what you all have to say when he starts blowing shit up again.

Ill let you know when it happens. I would LOVE to eat some crow if he actually started playing well. Be sure to stick around in case he doesnt, i want us to have a heart to heart then.

Slick
10-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Ok, now that I've had some fun with all of you, let's be serious. I've read a ton of ridiculousness in some of these forums...

And my favorite...

It appears as if MOST of you think that Manning is beyond redemption, and that the end is nigh for Manning. After watching him his entire career, college, Colts and Broncos; I firmly believe there is more to this season than meets the eye. I agree the O line needs to get better and our receivers need to stop dropping so many balls. But the fact that Manning has started slow is not an indicator of him being done, they're simply in the midst of trying to create breathing room for Manning to keep his arm fresh for the post season. New coach, new scheme, new O line; it's all a work in progress.

What you're seeing is a team led by some pretty smart guys that know how to win games, and have a quarterback that's smart enough to adjust to all these changes and STILL be able to finish off games with a W. Without the defense we definitely aren't 5-0. given enough time in this system, Manning will master this offense just like he's always done and come the end of this season...and post season is when you'll see it all come together.

Have some faith in your team to pull it all together, there's a lot of season left! It baffles me how much negativity is in here, especially from the die hard fans. I've seen the posts when Manning first got here and how he's never going to be good again and how he's washed up. Give the man some credit! He's made a living out of proving people wrong.

What a let down. I loved your first post. This one not so much. You sound just like the two Manning only fans on the Mane. Bummer.

NightTerror218
10-13-2015, 06:26 PM

And my favorite...

Most people are venting and raising questions if he can not turn it around. Not many are calling for him to be benched now.

The tebow thread is a long standing joke around here.

I do have to say he is playing bad, bottom 10 of league, on pace for 20 TDs to 30 INTs, Passer rating around 70. BUT if any QB can turn it around its Manning. He may be able to find a way to over come he short comings. AND he needs to.

Everyone is trying to dissect the offense woes to know what needs to be improved. I do notice you call out the WRs right off the bat. He has one of the best tandems in the NFL. He should be able to hit Sanders 40 yards in air down field and hit him on the money in stride since he is that fast. DT is one of the best in league in yards after catch, ball just has to get to him in open space so he can use his skills, yes the jump balls work but they do not exploit his skills after the catch.

BronColt
10-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Ill let you know when it happens. I would LOVE to eat some crow if he actually started playing well. Be sure to stick around in case he doesnt, i want us to have a heart to heart then.

I'll be the one at the AFC Championship game in Denver holding the sign that says "TOLD YOU SO!" You can thank me then.

Northman
10-13-2015, 06:51 PM
I'll be the one at the AFC Championship game in Denver holding the sign that says "TOLD YOU SO!" You can thank me then.

That will be great, but if we dont make it there i will let you cry on my shoulder. Im a sensitive guy.

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 07:51 PM
That will be great, but if we dont make it there i will let you cry on my shoulder. Im a sensitive guy.

#Dr.Phil

Rick
10-13-2015, 08:10 PM
If not for the defense we would possibly be 0-5 this year, if Manning is doing it on purpose you could say he is one lucky son of a bitch.

Rick
10-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Actually knowing Manning is NOT doing it on purpose you can STILL say he is one lucky son of a bitch.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-13-2015, 09:11 PM
I wonder what yash thinks of this....i hope he shares his thoughts on this matter.

:laugh:

LawDog
10-13-2015, 10:46 PM

Has anyone ever seen Dave and Yashalawhatever in the same room?

GEM
10-13-2015, 11:21 PM
What a let down. I loved your first post. This one not so much. You sound just like the two Manning only fans on the Mane. Bummer.

:shocked: SLICK!!!! You cheat on us with that hussy! You're on the couch, mister!!!!

DenBronx
10-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Threads like this are why aliens wont talk to us.

Valar Morghulis
10-14-2015, 06:38 AM
Threads like this are why aliens wont talk to us.

Genius

Buff
10-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the boards. Never post.

BroncoJoe
10-14-2015, 11:41 AM

He's been around since 2012...

Buff
10-14-2015, 11:42 AM
He's been around since 2012...

Well he'll always be a noob to me.

MOtorboat
10-14-2015, 12:40 PM

This is a great damn thread.

Buff
10-14-2015, 12:55 PM
This is a great damn thread.

It should have been black holed by now.

MOtorboat
10-14-2015, 01:02 PM
It should have been black holed by now.

How dare you!

SR
10-14-2015, 01:58 PM
This just in: Peyton Manning throws for 113 yards, a pick six, and 14 other interceptions in week six versus the Browns while continuing his sandbagging.

weazel
10-14-2015, 02:01 PM
I didn't read the post but it looks like the tinfoil hat wearing community is alive and well

Timmy!
10-14-2015, 02:14 PM
https://boardgamegeek.com/camo/56c6814e3c9d7f9326d77d54d0d919ba0b899e94/687474703a2f2f693131322e70686f746f6275636b65742e63 6f6d2f616c62756d732f6e3136392f6c61746530302f677265 61745f7468726561642e6a7067

Bronco4ever
10-14-2015, 02:43 PM
I agree with the OP except after the part where he started to type.

Slick
10-14-2015, 03:37 PM
:shocked: SLICK!!!! You cheat on us with that hussy! You're on the couch, mister!!!!

It's low season and I get bored. Can I be on your couch? :naughty:

GEM
10-14-2015, 04:59 PM
It's low season and I get bored. Can I be on your couch? :naughty:

Yessir :whip: :heh:

TXBRONC
10-14-2015, 05:25 PM

It's not your common hussy. It's a mare. :eek:

BroncoJoe
10-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Yessir :whip: :heh:

You should have reversed those:

:heh: :whip:

DenBronx
10-14-2015, 06:24 PM
This just in: Peyton Manning throws for 113 yards, a pick six, and 14 other interceptions in week six versus the Browns while continuing his sandbagging.

And we still win by 1 point! Brilliant!

BronColt
10-18-2015, 02:45 PM
POSSUM PLAY TD Deep Ball to Sanders!! Manning pretending to suck UNTIL he doesn't!!

Pudge
10-18-2015, 02:58 PM
POSSUM PLAY TD Deep Ball to Sanders!! Manning pretending to suck UNTIL he doesn't!!

Shut up dude.. I'm a Manning supporter, but he isn't amazing. Look at that series, we might ******* lose. Don't gloat too soon

CrazyHorse
10-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe this is the year Peyton plays terrible in the regular season then lights it up in the playoffs.

broncobryce
10-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Maybe, because he certainly isn't playing football. I'm wondering if that's actually Archie Manning out there in disguise.

chazoe60
10-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Is "possum" French for "like shit"?

Cugel
10-18-2015, 04:23 PM
I can't defend Peyton on that last pick. He just explained it in his interview. Nobody was open but he tried to get it to TE Owen Daniels. He tried to float the pass over the top of the LB, and Carlos Dansby just reached up and made the pick. Peyton said that was him "I probably should have thrown that away. That was me being stubborn and wanting not to give in to them, give them the ball back [on 3rd down]." He needs to stop doing that. Period. With this defense, if there's nothing there, throw it away and let the defense play defense.

That play could have and should have been a loss right there, but the defense made them lose yardage on 3 straight plays and took them out of winning FG range.

That 2nd pick was entirely on Ronnie Hillman. He had the ball hit him right in his hands and he let the DB take the ball away and run it into the end zone.

Broncos ran the ball effectively in the overtime, but during the first 3 quarters they were horrible once again.

D.T. dropped a bunch of passes. Looked like he was starting his bye-week a day early. Just inexcusable drops on wide open passes that were perfectly thrown and hit him in the hands. That was a huge factor in the game because Peyton was targeting him a lot.

Peyton conclusion: 290 yards passing on 26 of 48 passes. One great TD. One absolutely horrible pick and two throws where he tried to throw over the top of Carlos Dansby and failed. I'm less concerned about those because from his comments he's not going to try that again - floating it over the LB when nobody is open.

What was more concerning is the lack of production from the TEs. Owen Daniels had 2 catches for 24 yards, and Virgil Greene had zero catches.

The TEs are supposed to be a big part of this offense, but they have to keep them in on blocking on most plays because of the horrible pass-blocking. They are in max protect a lot of the time and Peyton is still under pretty consistent pressure. That leaves the offense pretty one-dimensional. Those dump off passes are not going to win many games.

I don't think this better looking running game - Hillman had 111 yards on 20 attempts, or over 5 yards/rush, means much. This was Cleveland, the worst run defense in the NFL. If they can't run on the Browns they can't run on anybody. Let's see if they can have some improved run game in the Packers game, then we'll know if this is a one-game blip that was just Cleveland's horrible run defense or whether it's a trend.

I think the OL played marginally better. They protected Peyton on a number of plays, but he's still having to throw the ball in under 2 seconds on all too many. And they couldn't run the ball much in the first half.

C.J. Anderson looks like he's washed up. No pop at all once again. 13 rushes for 41 yards, or 3 yards/att. Once again the Broncos have zero rushing TDs. I think it's time for Kapri Bibbs to be active if Jawan Thompson is still hurt. C.J. just isn't doing the job. Period.

They still haven't scored a TD in the 1st quarter all year, and the defense hasn't given up a 1st quarter TD all year.

chazoe60
10-18-2015, 04:24 PM
I can't defend Peyton on that last pick. He just explained it in his interview. Nobody was open but he tried to get it to TE Owen Daniels. He tried to float the pass over the top of the LB, and Carlos Dansby just reached up and made the pick. Peyton said that was him "I probably should have thrown that away. That was me being stubborn and wanting not to give in to them, give them the ball back [on 3rd down]." He needs to stop doing that. Period. With this defense, if there's nothing there, throw it away and let the defense play defense.

That play could have and should have been a loss right there, but the defense made them lose yardage on 3 straight plays and took them out of winning FG range.

That 2nd pick was entirely on Ronnie Hillman. He had the ball hit him right in his hands and he let the DB take the ball away and run it into the end zone.

Broncos ran the ball effectively in the overtime, but during the first 3 quarters they were horrible once again.

D.T. dropped a bunch of passes. Looked like he was starting his bye-week a day early. Just inexcusable drops on wide open passes that were perfectly thrown and hit him in the hands. That was a huge factor in the game because Peyton was targeting him a lot.

Peyton conclusion: 290 yards passing on 26 of 48 passes. One great TD. One absolutely horrible pick and two throws where he tried to throw over the top of Carlos Dansby and failed. I'm less concerned about those because from his comments he's not going to try that again - floating it over the LB when nobody is open.

What was more concerning is the lack of production from the TEs. Owen Daniels had 2 catches for 24 yards, and Virgil Greene had zero catches.

The TEs are supposed to be a big part of this offense, but they have to keep them in on blocking on most plays because of the horrible pass-blocking. They are in max protect a lot of the time and Peyton is still under pretty consistent pressure. That leaves the offense pretty one-dimensional. Those dump off passes are not going to win many games.

I don't think this better looking running game - Hillman had 111 yards on 20 attempts, or over 5 yards/rush, means much. This was Cleveland, the worst run defense in the NFL. If they can't run on the Browns they can't run on anybody. Let's see if they can have some improved run game in the Packers game, then we'll know if this is a one-game blip that was just Cleveland's horrible run defense or whether it's a trend.

I think the OL played marginally better. They protected Peyton on a number of plays, but he's still having to throw the ball in under 2 seconds on all too many. And they couldn't run the ball much in the first half.

C.J. Anderson looks like he's washed up. No pop at all once again. 13 rushes for 41 yards, or 3 yards/att. Once again the Broncos have zero rushing TDs. I think it's time for Kapri Bibbs to be active if Jawan Thompson is still hurt. C.J. just isn't doing the job. Period.

They still haven't scored a TD in the 1st quarter all year, and the defense hasn't given up a 1st quarter TD all year.

Tltddr(too long too dumb didn't read)

Foochacho
10-18-2015, 04:32 PM

Good call

broncobryce
10-18-2015, 04:52 PM

I read it. I disagree on the pass to Hillman it was behind him and he was running the opposite direction. That's on Manning too. Owen Daniels I agree, he can't get open and only gets a catch if Manning happens to hit him and he can use his body to box out the defender. We need Vernon Davis but with his salary we could have just kept Julius Thomas, so....

SR
10-18-2015, 04:52 PM

Thanks for quoting the whole thing.

ShaneFalco
10-18-2015, 04:54 PM
I like this thread. I like it.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_livvemXFQr1qi0lq6o1_500.gif

Cugel
10-18-2015, 10:15 PM
I read it. I disagree on the pass to Hillman it was behind him and he was running the opposite direction. That's on Manning too. Owen Daniels I agree, he can't get open and only gets a catch if Manning happens to hit him and he can use his body to box out the defender. We need Vernon Davis but with his salary we could have just kept Julius Thomas, so....

Hillman had the pass in his hands. It wasn't a perfect pass but you can't just let the defender rip the ball out of your hands and run into the end zone. That's on Hillman and you will hear him admit it this week. The coaches will be telling him that if he gets his hands on the ball he has to catch it, or at least break up the pass so the defender doesn't get it.

This wasn't a case where the defender stepped in front of Hillman. He had every chance to grab that ball. Not every ball is going to be perfectly thrown. No QB does that, not even Tom Brady. That's 100% on the RB.

Cugel
10-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Good call

"Good call" from the guy who has "shit stain" as his motto.

wayninja
10-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Hillman had the pass in his hands. It wasn't a perfect pass but you can't just let the defender rip the ball out of your hands and run into the end zone. That's on Hillman and you will hear him admit it this week. The coaches will be telling him that if he gets his hands on the ball he has to catch it, or at least break up the pass so the defender doesn't get it.

This wasn't a case where the defender stepped in front of Hillman. He had every chance to grab that ball. Not every ball is going to be perfectly thrown. No QB does that, not even Tom Brady. That's 100% on the RB.

It's not 100% on Hillman. I'd say 50/50. It was a very poor pass, and only needed to go about 8-10 yards. Very little excuse to throw the ball that badly at that distance, and it's a bad position to put your running back in. Does he stop, and turn his body around so that he can make sure he catches it knowing full well a defender will by flying at him as the ball hits him most likely tackling him for a loss, or does he try not to break stride so that he can get around the defender and try an awkward catch?

But yeah, Hillman either has to catch that or make sure it hits the ground.

Timmy!
10-19-2015, 12:25 PM
We'll see how good and pissed off our possum gets after being constantly poked with a stick the next two weeks.

BroncoJoe
10-19-2015, 12:51 PM

Giant load of crap. Should a professional football player make that catch? Probably. Should Manning have thrown the ball in a leading fashion as opposed to behind him? Absolutely.

To say it was entirely on Ronnie Hillman is asinine.

Yashahla17
10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Ronnie Hillman is running full speed and the ball is thrown behind him. Most running backs aren't great pass catchers when it's thrown in front of them so to expect a below average pass catcher like Hillman to be running full speed and make a catchy on a ball behind him is foolish.

weazel
10-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Hillman was just playing possum

BroncoWave
11-01-2015, 09:11 PM
I will never doubt you again, Broncolt!

iLands
11-01-2015, 09:12 PM
!!!

Edit: Wave with the same idea as me

ShaneFalco
11-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Trick or treat bitches

wayninja
11-01-2015, 09:31 PM
This thread just got real.

DenBronx
11-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Do we need to bump the CJ thread too?

ShaneFalco
11-01-2015, 11:15 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

BronColt
11-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Now...as I was saying...

BronColt
11-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Hillman was just playing possum

Yeah....you're right! I'm not saying I told you so...but I did.

https://youtu.be/lHvk5VSLGo4

DenBronx
11-02-2015, 02:51 AM
7-0 and our defense has NOTHING to do with that. I repeat, OUR DEFENSE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US BEING GOOD.

ALL MANNING.

How do I know this? Because my aunt followed Manning his whole career. She tolt me and she seent it happen b4.

BronColt
12-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Peyton's done playing Possum.

SR
12-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Peyton's done playing.

We hope.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 11:40 PM
Peyton's done playing Possum.

You better hope the OL is done playing possum, wingnut.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 04:09 AM
You better hope the OL is done playing possum, wingnut.

Playing? The OL is roadkill, and it's not playing. Just rotting in the sun and stinking.

BronColt
12-29-2015, 02:58 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif
Yes...it DID just get real.

Peyton Manning IS playing possum.

He is going to blow your mind this year...said so himself! (In Peyton humming Nationwide voice)

He'll be back either this week or the first week of the playoffs, fresh and ready to play JUST LIKE IN THE PACKERS GAME after the bye!!!

Texans and Bengals have the best shot of losing Wild Card week because of the QB situation. Divisional round should be Pats and Broncos number 1 or 2, with the likely opponents being Jets or Chiefs in 2nd round. Jets or Chiefs should beat the Patriots in the first round and Broncos should beat any team that comes to them in the 2nd round.

That leaves the AFC Championship game with Broncos vs Patriots or Jets / Chiefs at home - maybe Bengals or Texans, but I don't think either of them make it out of the first round.

Remember this was all planned by Peyton Manning and John Elway from the beginning of the season. Resting Peyton for the final stretch to be ready for a Playoff run and trip to the SuperBowl!

You heard it here first....

ShaneFalco
12-29-2015, 03:12 AM
yes...it did just get real.

Peyton manning is playing possum.

He is going to blow your mind this year...said so himself! (in peyton humming nationwide voice)

yes!

CrazyHorse
12-29-2015, 03:44 AM

He is going to blow your mind this year...said so himself! (In Peyton humming Nationwide voice)

He'll be back either this week or the first week of the playoffs, fresh and ready to play JUST LIKE IN THE PACKERS GAME after the bye!!!

Texans and Bengals have the best shot of losing Wild Card week because of the QB situation. Divisional round should be Pats and Broncos number 1 or 2, with the likely opponents being Jets or Chiefs in 2nd round. Jets or Chiefs should beat the Patriots in the first round and Broncos should beat any team that comes to them in the 2nd round.

That leaves the AFC Championship game with Broncos vs Patriots or Jets / Chiefs at home - maybe Bengals or Texans, but I don't think either of them make it out of the first round.

Remember this was all planned by Peyton Manning and John Elway from the beginning of the season. Resting Peyton for the final stretch to be ready for a Playoff run and trip to the SuperBowl!

So Peyton Manning is going to come back and get the career wins record in the Super Bowl right?

SR
12-29-2015, 06:11 AM
I don't think the Jets or Chiefs will beat New England in the first round. Most likely because NE has a first round BYE. But who's keeping track of stuff like that anyway right?

Davii
12-29-2015, 11:21 AM

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 11:26 AM
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

weazel
12-29-2015, 12:06 PM
I am writing something. Yes, I plan to make it the most boring thing ever written. I go to the store. A car is parked. Many cars are parked or moving. Some are blue. Some are tan. They have windows. In the store, there are items for sale. These include such things as soap, detergent, magazines, and lettuce. You can enhance your life with these products. Soap can be used for bathing, be it in a bathtub or in a shower. Apply the soap to your body and rinse. Detergent is used to wash clothes. Place your dirty clothes into a washing machine and add some detergent as directed on the box. Select the appropriate settings on your washing machine and you should be ready to begin. Magazines are stapled reading material made with glossy paper, and they cover a wide variety of topics, ranging from news and politics to business and stock market information. Some magazines are concerned with more recreational topics, like sports card collecting or different kinds of hairstyles. Lettuce is a vegetable. It is usually green and leafy, and is the main ingredient of salads. You may have an appliance at home that can quickly shred lettuce for use in salads. Lettuce is also used as an optional item for hamburgers and deli sandwiches. Some people even eat lettuce by itself. I have not done this. So you can purchase many types of things at stores.
If I drive around, I sometimes notice the houses and buildings all around. There are also pieces of farm land that are very large. Houses can be built from different kinds of materials. The most common types are brick, wood, and vinyl or synthetic siding. Houses have lawns that need to be tended. Lawns need to be mowed regularly. Most people use riding lawnmowers to do this. You can also use a push mower. These come in two varieties: gas-powered and manual. You don’t see manual push-mowers very much anymore, but they are a good option if you do not want to pollute the air with smoke from a gas-powered lawnmower. I notice that many families designate the lawnmowing responsibility to a teenager in the household. Many of these teenagers are provided with an allowance for mowing the yard, as well as performing other chores, like taking out the trash, washing the dishes, making their bed, and keeping the house organized. Allowances are small amounts of money given by parents to their children, usually on a weekly basis. These usually range from 5 dollars to 15 dollars, sometimes even 20 dollars. Many parents feel that teenagers can learn financial responsibility with this system.
Now I will talk about farm land. Farm land can be identified by some common features. They almost always consist of a very large patch of dirt with small green plants lined up in very long rows. You may sometimes see farm equipment riding over these rows, like tractors or combines. These machines help farmers grow more crops in less time. They are a very helpful invention. Some different types of crops are soybeans, cotton, corn, tomatoes, tobacco, and lettuce (which I mentioned earlier). Most crops are used as food, and can be defined as either fruits or vegetables. Some are commonly eaten raw, after being rinsed in water to remove any dirt. Some are often cooked, which helps give them a more pleasant taste and makes them easier to chew. A very versatile vegetable is the potato. It can be eaten raw, or it can be cooked in a variety of ways. They can be baked, and many people like to add butter to them. They can be mashed, and a lot of times brown gravy or milk gravy is poured on top of them. They can be cut into thin strips and fried. Typically a large amount of grease is required to prepare potatoes in this style, but they are easy to make and easy to eat. You can order them at several fast-food restaurants. Potatoes can also be boiled, stewed, and scalloped. There is a wide variety of options available to you when cooking potatoes.
Some other types of crops grown on farm land are used for other purposes. Cotton is used to make clothing (which I also mentioned earlier). It is a very versatile and inexpensive material for clothes. Such items as shirts, pants, socks, and underwear can be made from cotton. The process of converting cotton from a cotton plant to clothing is fairly complicated. Today, cotton is harvested more efficiently through the use of the cotton gin, invented by Eli Whitney many years ago.
Tobacco is another type of crop. It is used in making cigarettes. A lot of people smoke cigarettes, even though many medical sources have identified them as harmful to people’s health. Warnings are printed on cigarette packages reminding people of possible dangers resulting from smoking. Cigarettes are available in several brands, including Marlboro, Salem, and Virginia Slims. There is a brand called Kool, but I don’t know whether they are still available at most outlets. Tobacco farming is a large industry, and currently there is debate about it. Recently the government decided on some regulations that cost tobacco companies a large amount of money.
If you notice, some farm lands have animals living on them. Most of these are cows, and there are also pigs, sheep, and goats living on farms. Some are raised for the milk they provide. This milk goes through several processes to ensure that it is not contaminated before it is made available to consumers at stores (which I mentioned earlier). Another use for farm animals is meat. Three popular types of meat are beef, pork, and chicken. Beef comes from cows. Pork comes from pigs. Chicken comes from chickens, but you probably knew that. These animals are raised to become plump and healthy, then they are killed, sometimes at slaughter houses. The meat is then removed from their bodies, cleaned, and made available at a variety of stores and restaurants. Sometimes this process can seem gross, but it is part of an advanced ecological food chain on earth. Just like birds eat worms and tigers eat deer, human beings eat cows and pigs. The main difference is that we don’t eat animals raw. We cook the meat to remove blood, fat, and germs from it. We also season our meat with salt or different kinds of sauces. The end result is food that is very tasty and is healthy for us.
Farmers do not like trespassers. If a farmer sees one, he will sometimes shoot at them with a shotgun that he owns. Trespassing is against the law. Laws are created by government to prevent people from living in fear. They are meant to provide safety for citizens. Our government in America consists of a legislative branch, an executive branch, and a judicial branch. The legislative branch makes laws based on the concerns of citizens they represent. The executive branch consists of the President. This person enforces the law, and he has certain other duties like declaring war and approving bills prepared by members of the legislative branch. The President is also considered the leader of our country. The judicial branch interprets the laws. This branch consists of the courts and the trials held in them. Here a judge and jury determine from evidence presented by lawyers whether someone is guilty of breaking a law. Initial law enforcement takes place among police officers. They are the first people to encounter situations where a law is being broken. If a criminal (law-breaker) becomes too violent or hostile, they will use guns or mace or nightsticks to administer immediate punishment. Their goal is to bring the criminal under control, so that he can receive a punishment determined by members of the judicial branch of government. Punishments mostly include time in jail, but they can also include fines and, in extreme cases, the death penalty. There is controversy surrounding the death penalty.
Children play with toys. This is common to almost all kids. Toys come in a very wide variety. Boys tend to like cars, action figures, and toy weapons. Girls tend to like dolls, toy kitchens, and make-up. Both of them like building or assembling things, be it with Legos, blocks, Play-Doh, or something similar. Toys can be found at most stores, and these days entire stores are dedicated to selling only toys. The most popular of these is Toys ‘R’ Us (with a backwards “R”). Their mascot is Geoffrey the Giraffe. Children love to go to Toys ‘R’ Us and look at the wide variety of toys available. Most children receive the greatest quanitity of toys on their birthdays, or during the holiday season in December. For the majority of children, this holiday is Christmas. For Jewish children, the holiday is Channakuh. Either way, the kid gets presents during this time, and most of these presents are toys.
Christmas is a holiday which has gradually become centered around the character “Santa Claus” and his elves and reindeer. Children are told that Santa’s elves build their toys, and Santa delivers them personally to each house in the world by riding in an airborne sleigh hauled by nine reindeer, including Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, who leads the way. Another popular Christmas character is Frosty the Snowman. Frosty is basically any snowman that comes to life. So during Christmas, many children build snowmen, and some of them hope that theirs might come to life. But all of these characters are myths. The true origin of Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus, who founded the religion of Christianity a couple of thousand years ago. Many popular Christmas carols deal with his story, such as “Joy to the World” and “Silent Night.”
Other holidays include Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Independence Day. Thanksgiving has become a tradition of preparing large quantities of food for a large gathering of people, mainly family and friends. This meal usually features turkey or ham as the main course. Turkey and ham are both kinds of meat (which I mentioned earlier). The meal usually also consists of dressing and a wide assortment of vegetables (which I also mentioned earlier). The origin of Thanksgiving is usually traced to the days of the pilgrims, who were the first settlers in America. They made peace with the native people, the Indians, and together enjoyed a large feast, thanking God for providing them with such an abundance. (Their concepts of God were probably very different.)
Halloween is the holiday when people dress in costumes to look like other characters. Most of these are children, who go from door to door in different neighborhoods to request candy from the people living there. They usually say “trick or treat” then receive a treat. Very rarely does the person in the house respond with a trick. Halloween has some sort of demonic origin that I am not quite sure about, but the name derives from “All Hallow’s Eve.” I will not say much about Independence Day, but it is the day Americans celebrate the anniversary of our independence from Britain. Most families purchase fireworks during this holiday and set them off in their lawns (which I mentioned earlier).
America gained independence from Britain in the late 1700’s after the Revolutionary War. Britain was hoping to extend its empire across the Atlantic Ocean, but the colonists who settled the territory did not want to be under Britain’s control, with their various taxes and regulations. Both sides were very passionate about their position on the issue, so a war occurred. This war featured a few heroes, including George Washington and Paul Revere. George Washington became America’s first president when we gained independence. I am not sure what happened to Paul Revere. The Declaration of Independence was written before the war by Thomas Jefferson in 1776 and made clear the position of the colonists. It was signed by many important people, including Ben Franklin and John Hancock. Ben Franklin is well-known for many things. One of these is inventing electrical conductors in the form of lightning rods. A famous tale is that he flew a kite with a small piece of metal somewhere on the string during a lightning storm. This was an effective way to test his theory. Another thing Ben Franklin is known for is publishing Poor Richards Almanac. This was like a magazine and contained some of his famous writings and quotations. One famous quote was “Tell me, I forget. Teach me, I remember. Involve me, I learn.” Maybe this had something to do with why he flew that kite.
Trees are one of our most important natural resources. They are made of wood, and wood can be made into a variety of products. Some of the more obvious kinds are furniture, houses, and toothpicks. However, wood can also be made into paper. When I first heard this, I was skeptical, but it is true. Paper is a very important product in our society. Writers and artists have greatly benefited from the invention of paper. With only some paper and a pen or pencil, a writer can produce stories and poems that can captivate readers. They can also write down historical facts about their society. Actually, these writings don’t become historical until years later. At the time, the writings could probably be considered news. Artists use paper for their drawings and paintings. They can also use canvas. Drawings and paintings can be very beautiful. They can depict a wide variety of subjects, including flowers, animals, landscapes, and people. They can be realistic or impressionistic. Some paintings also attempt to convey emotions merely by the way the colors are combined and the brushstrokes are applied. This is a modern or contemporary approach to art. Many people think this approach does not require as much talent as the realistic styles.
I will end my writing here. I have tried to make it very boring, and I hope I have succeeded. There are plenty of boring documents available for you to read. Check your public library for more information. You can also find boring materials at a bookstore or on websites. Sometimes this information can be found in magazines (which I mentioned earlier).

Northman
12-29-2015, 12:21 PM
lmao

BronColt
12-29-2015, 02:30 PM
I am writing something. Yes, I plan to make it the most boring thing ever written. I go to the store. A car is parked. Many cars are parked or moving. Some are blue. Some are tan. They have windows. In the store, there are items for sale. These include such things as soap, detergent, magazines, and lettuce. You can enhance your life with these products. Soap can be used for bathing, be it in a bathtub or in a shower. Apply the soap to your body and rinse. Detergent is used to wash clothes. Place your dirty clothes into a washing machine and add some detergent as directed on the box. Select the appropriate settings on your washing machine and you should be ready to begin. Magazines are stapled reading material made with glossy paper, and they cover a wide variety of topics, ranging from news and politics to business and stock market information. Some magazines are concerned with more recreational topics, like sports card collecting or different kinds of hairstyles. Lettuce is a vegetable. It is usually green and leafy, and is the main ingredient of salads. You may have an appliance at home that can quickly shred lettuce for use in salads. Lettuce is also used as an optional item for hamburgers and deli sandwiches. Some people even eat lettuce by itself. I have not done this. So you can purchase many types of things at stores.
If I drive around, I sometimes notice the houses and buildings all around. There are also pieces of farm land that are very large. Houses can be built from different kinds of materials. The most common types are brick, wood, and vinyl or synthetic siding. Houses have lawns that need to be tended. Lawns need to be mowed regularly. Most people use riding lawnmowers to do this. You can also use a push mower. These come in two varieties: gas-powered and manual. You don’t see manual push-mowers very much anymore, but they are a good option if you do not want to pollute the air with smoke from a gas-powered lawnmower. I notice that many families designate the lawnmowing responsibility to a teenager in the household. Many of these teenagers are provided with an allowance for mowing the yard, as well as performing other chores, like taking out the trash, washing the dishes, making their bed, and keeping the house organized. Allowances are small amounts of money given by parents to their children, usually on a weekly basis. These usually range from 5 dollars to 15 dollars, sometimes even 20 dollars. Many parents feel that teenagers can learn financial responsibility with this system.
Now I will talk about farm land. Farm land can be identified by some common features. They almost always consist of a very large patch of dirt with small green plants lined up in very long rows. You may sometimes see farm equipment riding over these rows, like tractors or combines. These machines help farmers grow more crops in less time. They are a very helpful invention. Some different types of crops are soybeans, cotton, corn, tomatoes, tobacco, and lettuce (which I mentioned earlier). Most crops are used as food, and can be defined as either fruits or vegetables. Some are commonly eaten raw, after being rinsed in water to remove any dirt. Some are often cooked, which helps give them a more pleasant taste and makes them easier to chew. A very versatile vegetable is the potato. It can be eaten raw, or it can be cooked in a variety of ways. They can be baked, and many people like to add butter to them. They can be mashed, and a lot of times brown gravy or milk gravy is poured on top of them. They can be cut into thin strips and fried. Typically a large amount of grease is required to prepare potatoes in this style, but they are easy to make and easy to eat. You can order them at several fast-food restaurants. Potatoes can also be boiled, stewed, and scalloped. There is a wide variety of options available to you when cooking potatoes.
Some other types of crops grown on farm land are used for other purposes. Cotton is used to make clothing (which I also mentioned earlier). It is a very versatile and inexpensive material for clothes. Such items as shirts, pants, socks, and underwear can be made from cotton. The process of converting cotton from a cotton plant to clothing is fairly complicated. Today, cotton is harvested more efficiently through the use of the cotton gin, invented by Eli Whitney many years ago.
Tobacco is another type of crop. It is used in making cigarettes. A lot of people smoke cigarettes, even though many medical sources have identified them as harmful to people’s health. Warnings are printed on cigarette packages reminding people of possible dangers resulting from smoking. Cigarettes are available in several brands, including Marlboro, Salem, and Virginia Slims. There is a brand called Kool, but I don’t know whether they are still available at most outlets. Tobacco farming is a large industry, and currently there is debate about it. Recently the government decided on some regulations that cost tobacco companies a large amount of money.
If you notice, some farm lands have animals living on them. Most of these are cows, and there are also pigs, sheep, and goats living on farms. Some are raised for the milk they provide. This milk goes through several processes to ensure that it is not contaminated before it is made available to consumers at stores (which I mentioned earlier). Another use for farm animals is meat. Three popular types of meat are beef, pork, and chicken. Beef comes from cows. Pork comes from pigs. Chicken comes from chickens, but you probably knew that. These animals are raised to become plump and healthy, then they are killed, sometimes at slaughter houses. The meat is then removed from their bodies, cleaned, and made available at a variety of stores and restaurants. Sometimes this process can seem gross, but it is part of an advanced ecological food chain on earth. Just like birds eat worms and tigers eat deer, human beings eat cows and pigs. The main difference is that we don’t eat animals raw. We cook the meat to remove blood, fat, and germs from it. We also season our meat with salt or different kinds of sauces. The end result is food that is very tasty and is healthy for us.
Farmers do not like trespassers. If a farmer sees one, he will sometimes shoot at them with a shotgun that he owns. Trespassing is against the law. Laws are created by government to prevent people from living in fear. They are meant to provide safety for citizens. Our government in America consists of a legislative branch, an executive branch, and a judicial branch. The legislative branch makes laws based on the concerns of citizens they represent. The executive branch consists of the President. This person enforces the law, and he has certain other duties like declaring war and approving bills prepared by members of the legislative branch. The President is also considered the leader of our country. The judicial branch interprets the laws. This branch consists of the courts and the trials held in them. Here a judge and jury determine from evidence presented by lawyers whether someone is guilty of breaking a law. Initial law enforcement takes place among police officers. They are the first people to encounter situations where a law is being broken. If a criminal (law-breaker) becomes too violent or hostile, they will use guns or mace or nightsticks to administer immediate punishment. Their goal is to bring the criminal under control, so that he can receive a punishment determined by members of the judicial branch of government. Punishments mostly include time in jail, but they can also include fines and, in extreme cases, the death penalty. There is controversy surrounding the death penalty.
Children play with toys. This is common to almost all kids. Toys come in a very wide variety. Boys tend to like cars, action figures, and toy weapons. Girls tend to like dolls, toy kitchens, and make-up. Both of them like building or assembling things, be it with Legos, blocks, Play-Doh, or something similar. Toys can be found at most stores, and these days entire stores are dedicated to selling only toys. The most popular of these is Toys ‘R’ Us (with a backwards “R”). Their mascot is Geoffrey the Giraffe. Children love to go to Toys ‘R’ Us and look at the wide variety of toys available. Most children receive the greatest quanitity of toys on their birthdays, or during the holiday season in December. For the majority of children, this holiday is Christmas. For Jewish children, the holiday is Channakuh. Either way, the kid gets presents during this time, and most of these presents are toys.
Christmas is a holiday which has gradually become centered around the character “Santa Claus” and his elves and reindeer. Children are told that Santa’s elves build their toys, and Santa delivers them personally to each house in the world by riding in an airborne sleigh hauled by nine reindeer, including Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, who leads the way. Another popular Christmas character is Frosty the Snowman. Frosty is basically any snowman that comes to life. So during Christmas, many children build snowmen, and some of them hope that theirs might come to life. But all of these characters are myths. The true origin of Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus, who founded the religion of Christianity a couple of thousand years ago. Many popular Christmas carols deal with his story, such as “Joy to the World” and “Silent Night.”
Other holidays include Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Independence Day. Thanksgiving has become a tradition of preparing large quantities of food for a large gathering of people, mainly family and friends. This meal usually features turkey or ham as the main course. Turkey and ham are both kinds of meat (which I mentioned earlier). The meal usually also consists of dressing and a wide assortment of vegetables (which I also mentioned earlier). The origin of Thanksgiving is usually traced to the days of the pilgrims, who were the first settlers in America. They made peace with the native people, the Indians, and together enjoyed a large feast, thanking God for providing them with such an abundance. (Their concepts of God were probably very different.)
Halloween is the holiday when people dress in costumes to look like other characters. Most of these are children, who go from door to door in different neighborhoods to request candy from the people living there. They usually say “trick or treat” then receive a treat. Very rarely does the person in the house respond with a trick. Halloween has some sort of demonic origin that I am not quite sure about, but the name derives from “All Hallow’s Eve.” I will not say much about Independence Day, but it is the day Americans celebrate the anniversary of our independence from Britain. Most families purchase fireworks during this holiday and set them off in their lawns (which I mentioned earlier).
America gained independence from Britain in the late 1700’s after the Revolutionary War. Britain was hoping to extend its empire across the Atlantic Ocean, but the colonists who settled the territory did not want to be under Britain’s control, with their various taxes and regulations. Both sides were very passionate about their position on the issue, so a war occurred. This war featured a few heroes, including George Washington and Paul Revere. George Washington became America’s first president when we gained independence. I am not sure what happened to Paul Revere. The Declaration of Independence was written before the war by Thomas Jefferson in 1776 and made clear the position of the colonists. It was signed by many important people, including Ben Franklin and John Hancock. Ben Franklin is well-known for many things. One of these is inventing electrical conductors in the form of lightning rods. A famous tale is that he flew a kite with a small piece of metal somewhere on the string during a lightning storm. This was an effective way to test his theory. Another thing Ben Franklin is known for is publishing Poor Richards Almanac. This was like a magazine and contained some of his famous writings and quotations. One famous quote was “Tell me, I forget. Teach me, I remember. Involve me, I learn.” Maybe this had something to do with why he flew that kite.
Trees are one of our most important natural resources. They are made of wood, and wood can be made into a variety of products. Some of the more obvious kinds are furniture, houses, and toothpicks. However, wood can also be made into paper. When I first heard this, I was skeptical, but it is true. Paper is a very important product in our society. Writers and artists have greatly benefited from the invention of paper. With only some paper and a pen or pencil, a writer can produce stories and poems that can captivate readers. They can also write down historical facts about their society. Actually, these writings don’t become historical until years later. At the time, the writings could probably be considered news. Artists use paper for their drawings and paintings. They can also use canvas. Drawings and paintings can be very beautiful. They can depict a wide variety of subjects, including flowers, animals, landscapes, and people. They can be realistic or impressionistic. Some paintings also attempt to convey emotions merely by the way the colors are combined and the brushstrokes are applied. This is a modern or contemporary approach to art. Many people think this approach does not require as much talent as the realistic styles.
I will end my writing here. I have tried to make it very boring, and I hope I have succeeded. There are plenty of boring documents available for you to read. Check your public library for more information. You can also find boring materials at a bookstore or on websites. Sometimes this information can be found in magazines (which I mentioned earlier).

Wow a real Dan Brown in the making; great stuff!

GEM
12-29-2015, 02:33 PM
Shoot me between the eyes with a nail gun loaded with a 2" nail. That way I can alleviate some of this pressure from slamming my head against the wall after reading this and TimHippo.

iLands
01-03-2016, 08:09 PM
:salute:

BronColt
01-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Everything is going just as planned....

GO BRONCOS #1 Seed and Manning at the helm!!!

HERE WE COME!!!

Rick
01-03-2016, 09:10 PM
If Manning retires, will you?

BronColt
01-11-2016, 06:01 PM
This commercial did NOT air until after Manning came in to play during the Chargers game...coincidence? I don't think so.

https://youtu.be/9F_vCcGPtyU

"Epic comeback starts right here."

GEM
01-11-2016, 06:02 PM
This commercial did NOT air until after Manning came in to play during the Chargers game...coincidence? I don't think so.

It came out before that because I remember laughing when it came out because Brock was starting.

BronColt
01-11-2016, 06:09 PM
It came out before that because I remember laughing when it came out because Brock was starting.

That's because it was the PLAN all along! Don't you see!!! Brock was NEVER going to finish that game, no matter how good or bad Brock was playing.

Elway and Kubiak gave Manning exactly what he needed! Heal his foot, rest his arm, get a few quarters of warm up with Chargers to shake off the rust and to get more comfortable in Kubiaks scheme. The RB's are performing at a much higher level NOW than they were with Manning under center, the Chargers game is proof of that.

Vernon Davis is Mannings secret weapon in the post season! I can almost assure you Davis is getting all sorts of reps with Manning right now. Everyone's forgot about him, he will be BIG moving forward.

Vernon Davis is most definitely undeniably ALSO PLAYING POSSUM!!

Foochacho
01-11-2016, 06:11 PM
That's because it was the PLAN all along! Don't you see!!! Brock was NEVER going to finish that game, no matter how good or bad Brock was playing.

Elway and Kubiak gave Manning exactly what he needed! Heal his foot, rest his arm, get a few quarters of warm up with Chargers to shake off the rust and to get more comfortable in Kubiaks scheme. The RB's are performing at a much higher level NOW than they were with Manning under center, the Chargers game is proof of that.

Vernon Davis is Mannings secret weapon in the post season! I can almost assure you Davis is getting all sorts of reps with Manning right now. Everyone's forgot about him, he will be BIG moving forward.

How have you been hotcarl?

BronColt
01-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Peytons take on his Nationwide commercials.

http://youtu.be/gmqf7JYiqHQ

Oh yeah, by the way he's also "Gonna blow their minds this year!"

http://youtu.be/nb_OHfxIgHY

SR
01-11-2016, 07:50 PM
This is bordering on spam.

Davii
01-11-2016, 09:16 PM

I saw it two weeks previous

ShaneFalco
01-11-2016, 11:46 PM
epic comeback starts right here......

Davii
01-12-2016, 08:48 AM
epic comeback starts right here......

Let's hope it goes better for him than it does in the commercial.

slim
01-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Ping-pong is a young man's game.

capt. Jack
01-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Shoot me between the eyes with a nail gun loaded with a 2" nail. That way I can alleviate some of this pressure from slamming my head against the wall after reading this and TimHippo.

That sounds too Painful, why not just jump off a bridge or something?

👽🙊🙉🙈😊

Davii
01-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Ping-pong is a young man's game.

Forrest Forrest Gump was pretty good.

BronColt
01-12-2016, 12:11 PM

Playoffs are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get...

slim
01-12-2016, 01:32 PM

Sure, when he was young. I'd like to see him play at 39.

Davii
01-12-2016, 01:48 PM

Tom was 36 when the movie was made. Close enough? I still play ping pong, have a table in my garage. Good times.

Joel
01-12-2016, 05:31 PM
There's an app for that: http://xkcd.com/1628/ (http://xkcd.com/1628/)

BronColt
01-17-2016, 08:44 PM

Simple Jaded
01-17-2016, 08:53 PM
I gotta ask, how does one end up being a Colt fan and a Broncos fan?

I ******* hate the Colts for obvious reasons.

wayninja
01-17-2016, 08:54 PM
I wonder when the receivers are going to stop playing possum.

Northman
01-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Manning didnt necessarily light it up but then again the receivers couldnt catch a cold today.

BronColt
01-17-2016, 09:14 PM
I wonder when the receivers are going to stop playing possum.

VERNON DAVIS - WEAPON X

We've got the 2nd highest scoring playoff Tight End sitting on the bench waiting to surprise the Patriots, then the Panthers.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/17/10782442/rob-gronkowski-playoffs-tight-end-touchdown-record

Foochacho
01-17-2016, 09:24 PM
VERNON DAVIS - WEAPON X

We've got the 2nd highest scoring playoff Tight End sitting on the bench waiting to surprise the Patriots, then the Panthers.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/17/10782442/rob-gronkowski-playoffs-tight-end-touchdown-record

I like turtles derp derp

I Eat Staples
01-17-2016, 09:24 PM

Should have quit while you were ahead.

SR
01-17-2016, 09:39 PM
VERNON DAVIS - WEAPON X We've got the 2nd highest scoring playoff Tight End sitting on the bench waiting to surprise the Patriots, then the Panthers. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/17/10782442/rob-gronkowski-playoffs-tight-end-touchdown-record
You're outta control

ShaneFalco
01-17-2016, 09:39 PM
im in. Vernon Davis it is. WEAPON X.

X GUN GIVE IT TO YA.

BronColt
01-18-2016, 04:03 AM
On his most memorable play on the afternoon, Manning fell down. In the face of a fierce Pittsburgh rush, Manning took a tumble, hit the turf with a self-sack, got back up untouched and threw a 34-yard completion to Emmanuel Sanders. The signature play that defined the final years of quarterback John Elway's career was "The Helicopter." Maybe Manning can be remembered for "Playing Possum."

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_29397961/next-up-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-his-last-rodeo-tom-brady

SR
01-18-2016, 06:24 AM
I read that this morning and wanted to slap Kiz. Because of this thread.

OB
01-18-2016, 09:56 AM
VERNON DAVIS - WEAPON X

I want some of whatever you're smoking - cuz that **** must be good - :elefant:

Ravage!!!
01-18-2016, 09:58 AM
H ope Peyton stops playing possum soon.

Davii
01-19-2016, 12:32 PM
H ope Peyton stops playing possum soon.

He did. Only problem was it rubbed off on everyone's hands.

weazel
01-19-2016, 12:47 PM
shane and broncolt are the same person... or they share a brain

Ravage!!!
01-19-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised Joel isn't on the "we shoudl be using Vernon more" picket line.

NightTerror218
01-19-2016, 01:48 PM
I think Verdon Davis is having issues with offense. He also is not trying 100% hence the drops.

He is all about his logo and a chance to get hurt could harm that and his stock value.

tomjonesrocks
01-21-2016, 05:55 AM
I think Verdon Davis is having issues with offense. He also is not trying 100% hence the drops. He is all about his logo and a chance to get hurt could harm that and his stock value.

I don't know why the Broncos are so pissed about his drops they're permabenching him when it's something a lot of guys are struggling with.

He was getting open.

Davii
01-21-2016, 11:02 AM
I don't know why the Broncos are so pissed about his drops they're permabenching him when it's something a lot of guys are struggling with.

He was getting open.

I, personally, wouldn't be surprised to see Vernon get used a lot this game and be our "secret weapon" or something like that. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if he only gets three or four snaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has 100 yards and two TDs either.

Canmore
01-21-2016, 11:31 AM
I, personally, wouldn't be surprised to see Vernon get used a lot this game and be our "secret weapon" or something like that. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if he only gets three or four snaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has 100 yards and two TDs either.

I really agree with this. We are short weapons and especially red zone weapons...we have Vernon Davis and by now he should understand the playbook.

BronColt
01-21-2016, 11:41 PM
I really agree with this. We are short weapons and especially red zone weapons...we have Vernon Davis and by now he should understand the playbook.

And so his patience is keeping him balanced as he prepares for when he is called upon in the game.

"We have to be patient and we have to know that no matter what goes on in our life, when there's adversity and when things don't seem to work, you have to continue to fight and keep working even harder, and that's one thing I learned along my career. That's when you're supposed to work even harder, and that's what I've been doing. I've been studying and catching extra balls and just taking it to that next level, because you never know when your time is going to come."

http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/embeddedNewsPath?itemUri=1881554260/7101086212613150715311423610

Vernon Davis....is also....PLAYING POSSUM

Joel
01-22-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm surprised Joel isn't on the "we shoudl be using Vernon more" picket line.
Well, I largely ignored this thread 'cause it looked (and looks) like just more online cheerleading, but basically the first part of what NightTerror said:

It's a complex offense, Davis spent the offseason first half of the regular season learning a different one, within a month of the trade he was practicing with a different QB, and two weeks ago he went back to practicing with the first one again. That's a lot of novelty and volatility, when we need consistency and certainty in the playoffs. Unless he completely falls apart, I expect Kubiak to keep going back to Daniels a lot, because Kubes knows him and Daniels knows the playbook.

All that said, I really hope Davis has found his groove, or does so soon, because he's as much an elite blocker AND receiver as Daniels, but a LOT faster; in an offense that relies on heavily on BOTH halves of what makes a TE, he could be Gronkesque. But if he wants a big payday next year—from ANYONE—the time to step us is now or never. He got traded for a pair of bottlecaps, turns 32 in a week, and had a crappy season with AT MOST 2 games left. Bad time to start his offseason.

Joel
01-22-2016, 10:03 AM
For what it's worth, Kubiak said Wednesday that we'll use Davis this week, so it's up to him to give us a reason to pay him millions the next couple years instead of waving goodbye while we develop Virgil Green. Since Green's on the short list of guys under contract, and has shown blocking and receiving promise, I suspect he'll be our long term answer regardless, but if Davis comes alive and wins us a Conference Championship, then a SB, I could see him getting a decent reward for that.

The reality is we're ONE game away from a chance at something countless HoF players spend CAREERS never SNIFFING; the ultimate football achievement that, rightly or wrongly, forever separates the "very good" from the "best ever" in the minds of most fans. Either we realize that and respond or not. NE* certainly will.

Gronk Spike
01-24-2016, 08:17 AM
0 TDs in the playoffs.

9 TDs and 17 INTs regular season.

SR
01-24-2016, 09:10 AM
0 TDs in the playoffs. 9 TDs and 17 INTs regular season.

And the same amount of wins in the playoffs this season as Tom Brady.

slim
01-24-2016, 02:11 PM
I want some of whatever you're smoking - cuz that **** must be good - :elefant:

Hi OB!

How they hangin'?

Joel
01-24-2016, 02:11 PM
If I were a NE* fan, the fact we can score TDs without Manning but they can't score TDs without Brady wouldn't exactly reassure me.

Mannings passing was a big part of our TD drive last week, just as Hillman and Andersons running. The fact Anderson was the one who punched it in before Manning flipped the 2PAT to DT is a sign of balance, and that's a GOOD thing. We may not win, but (especially given the quality of both offensive lines) I'm glad we're not staking our season on 32-year-old Steven Jackson beating his 2.4 yd season rushing average on the road against a D that only allowed 3.3 yds/att this year.

BronColt
01-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Epic comeback starts right here....

ShaneFalco
01-24-2016, 06:38 PM
BuMP MOTHER****ING BUMP

Joel
01-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Epic comeback starts right here....
Maybe in a fortnight: Today we NEVER trailed.

BronColt
01-24-2016, 07:58 PM

BronColt
01-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Aaaaand my ticket to the SUPERBOWL!!

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 10:12 PM
This thread just got real!

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 10:13 PM

Hey how much were those? I am trying everything I can to make it to this game. Its 40 mins from my house.

ShaneFalco
01-24-2016, 10:13 PM

take me with you broncolt. i believe in you from the start!

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 10:14 PM
0 TDs in the playoffs.

9 TDs and 17 INTs regular season.

3 and 2 against Brady in the playoffs. Broncos 6-1 in AFCCG.

Suck it.

DenBronx
01-24-2016, 10:16 PM

He's a Rams fan broncolt, don't listen to him. Lol

BronColt
01-24-2016, 10:55 PM
Hey how much were those? I am trying everything I can to make it to this game. Its 40 mins from my house.

5k!

BronColt
01-24-2016, 10:57 PM

Yes you have been!! If you can make it its 5k and I've already got a room and my plane ticket ($100 special on Southwest from Vegas).

If you go you can stay with me, all my friends can't afford to go so I'm by myself as of now!

BronColt
01-24-2016, 11:08 PM
Watch 'Skittles - TASTE THE RAINBOW' on
https://youtu.be/yjda8SXDUb0

No Seattle in the SUPERBOWL, Panthers are gonna get owned by the sheriff, but most importantly our D is gonna own Cam!!!

Joel
01-25-2016, 12:25 AM
3 and 2 against Brady in the playoffs.
Much as I like the 6-1 AFCCG record (we've NEVER lost an AFCCG on the road?!) people will always look at it as QB vs. QB despite always admitting that's not how the game's played. And while we can talk about all the "greatest regular season" or "invidual" achievements (or not) against OTHERS, when it was straight up Manning vs. Brady in the PLAYOFFS, MANNING WILL ALWAYS BE THE WINNER AND BRADY WILL ALWAYS BE THE LOSER. Unless Manning comes back again, but....

Although, speaking of the BRONCOS playoff record: Guess who's the ONLY team that's beaten Brady more than he's beaten them (even without counting today.)

SR
01-25-2016, 07:21 AM
I don't know what that posts says but Joel, you're a downer.

Rick
01-25-2016, 11:18 AM
One way or another this thread should be dead in a few weeks and Manning and BronColt will retire.

Tangerine
01-25-2016, 11:26 AM
Is the OP crazy or a genius? There is often a fine line between the two.

Valar Morghulis
01-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Is the OP crazy or a genius? There is often a fine line between the two.

He definitely murders hookers

Nomad
01-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Manning and his offense can quit playing possum on Feb 7th. TIA

tubby
01-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Broncos are 8-2 in AFCCG

tubby
01-25-2016, 02:24 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Opossum2.jpg

Nomad
01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Opossum2.jpg

In Kentucky.....that would be dinner. :D

wayninja
01-25-2016, 02:50 PM
A rare Mike Hawk sighting.

Mike Hawk. Lol.

weazel
01-25-2016, 03:10 PM
I hope he stops playing possum and starts playing football... need more points than what they are getting.

CrazyHorse
01-25-2016, 03:12 PM
Manning and his offense can quit playing possum on Feb 7th. TIA

Especially the offensive line. ;)

Nomad
01-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Especially the offensive line. ;)

That goes for oline, coaches, players......the whole offensive unit.

BronColt
01-25-2016, 07:16 PM
One way or another this thread should be dead in a few weeks and Manning and BronColt will retire.

Hey Rick...are you a Broncos fan? Just curious cause you sure are grade A pessimist! Maybe you should retire...

BronColt
01-25-2016, 07:18 PM
That goes for oline, coaches, players......the whole offensive unit.

Speaking of offensive line, the Patriots just fired their O line coach Dave DeGuglielmo because of the BEAT DOWN our D put on Brady!!!

spikerman
01-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Much as I like the 6-1 AFCCG record (we've NEVER lost an AFCCG on the road?!) people will always look at it as QB vs. QB despite always admitting that's not how the game's played. And while we can talk about all the "greatest regular season" or "invidual" achievements (or not) against OTHERS, when it was straight up Manning vs. Brady in the PLAYOFFS, MANNING WILL ALWAYS BE THE WINNER AND BRADY WILL ALWAYS BE THE LOSER. Unless Manning comes back again, but....

Although, speaking of the BRONCOS playoff record: Guess who's the ONLY team that's beaten Brady more than he's beaten them (even without counting today.)

I thought the Broncos lost one in Buffalo one year, but I'm too tired to look it up at the moment.

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 10:42 PM
I thought the Broncos lost one in Buffalo one year, but I'm too tired to look it up at the moment.

They did. They've also won eight, not six. Elway got hurt. Kubiak came in and was leading the winning drive and Sewell fumbled it. Always felt so bad for Sewell.

You'll have to excuse him, Joel was an Oilers fan at the time.

Joel
01-25-2016, 11:06 PM
They did. They've also won eight, not six. Elway got hurt. Kubiak came in and was leading the winning drive and Sewell fumbled it. Always felt so bad for Sewell.

I was just quoting the stat DenBronx cited: Bitch at him.

MOtorboat
01-25-2016, 11:16 PM
I was just quoting the stat DenBronx cited: Bitch at him.

It's not my fault neither of you know what you're talking about.

As much bitching about the Super Bowl losses as you did on Saturday (only one of which occurred when you were a Broncos fan), I would've thought you'd at least get your numbers right.

Joel
01-26-2016, 02:27 AM
It's not my fault neither of you know what you're talking about.

As much bitching about the Super Bowl losses as you did on Saturday (only one of which occurred when you were a Broncos fan), I would've thought you'd at least get your numbers right.
They weren't MY numbers in the first place, and ASKING if they were right admitted I didn't know. I should've just checked PFR, which shares the same info far less insultingly. I've always been up front that I "hopped on the bandwagon" of a team that WENT ONE-AND-DONE AGAINST A TWO-YEAR-OLD EXPANSION TEAM and that the Broncos were previously only on my radar when they REACHED the SB (i.e. NOT lost the AFCCG) or played the Oilers. Deal with it.

MOtorboat
01-26-2016, 02:43 AM
They weren't MY numbers in the first place, and ASKING if they were right admitted I didn't know. I should've just checked PFR, which shares the same info far less insultingly. I've always been up front that I "hopped on the bandwagon" of a team that WENT ONE-AND-DONE AGAINST A TWO-YEAR-OLD EXPANSION TEAM and that the Broncos were previously only on my radar when they REACHED the SB (i.e. NOT lost the AFCCG) or played the Oilers. Deal with it.

And when you whine about losses before you jumped on, you'll hear about it.

Deal with it.

Canmore
01-26-2016, 03:16 AM

I remember that game vividly. I was at Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa, Japan. Me and a fellow pilot got up at 3:30 in the morning to watch that game. He was a Bills fan. He got the last laugh.

Joel
01-26-2016, 04:10 AM
And when you whine about losses before you jumped on, you'll hear about it.

Deal with it.
I guess; I certainly didn't have to deal with THAT on an emotional level (beyond feeling sorry for Denvers repeated thrashings in the '80s) only the legacy now when people see me in my Broncos gear (which is any time I leave the house) and ask about it. *shrugs* I feel like I paid my dues enduring the McDumbass era, especially the 4-12 season when even LIVING IN ANOTHER COUNTRY didn't shield me, because the idiot was dumb enough to not only cheat the EXACT WAY HE'D BEEN CAUGHT DOING IN '07, but do it IN THE LONDON GAME WITH THE WHOLE WORLD WATCHING. Couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.... :rolleyes:

I remember that game vividly. I was at Kadena Air Force Base, Okinawa, Japan. Me and a fellow pilot got up at 3:30 in the morning to watch that game. He was a Bills fan. He got the last laugh.
I already despised the Bills then (even though they were led by the Houston Gamblers' former QB,) does that count for anything? :tongue:

MOtorboat
01-26-2016, 04:15 AM
I guess; I certainly didn't have to deal with THAT on an emotional level (beyond feeling sorry for Denvers repeated thrashings in the '80s) only the legacy now when people see me in my Broncos gear (which is any time I leave the house) and ask about it. *shrugs* I feel like I paid my dues enduring the McDumbass era, especially the 4-12 season when even LIVING IN ANOTHER COUNTRY didn't shield me, because the idiot was dumb enough to not only cheat the EXACT WAY HE'D BEEN CAUGHT DOING IN '07, but do it IN THE LONDON GAME WITH THE WHOLE WORLD WATCHING. Couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.... :rolleyes:

I already despised the Bills then (even though they were led by the Houston Gamblers' former QB,) does that coulnt for anything? :tongue:

Poor you.

Davii
01-26-2016, 10:35 AM

Ahhh Kadena.... I remember it well... Air Force Girls...

SR
01-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Ahhh Kadena.... I remember it well... Air Force Girls...

I married one.

weazel
01-26-2016, 11:25 AM
interesting... discuss

SR
01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
interesting... discuss

I mean, there isn't a lot to talk about. The first girl I met at my first duty station I married. It was five and a half years later, but I still married her in the end.

BronColt
01-26-2016, 03:30 PM
I mean, there isn't a lot to talk about. The first girl I met at my first duty station I married. It was five and a half years later, but I still married her in the end.

Was stationed at Edwards, married the first girl I met when I got out of the Air Force. Although she's not a football fan, so that might have been a deal breaker, but she's a great woman...just bought me a Super Bowl ticket so I'm not complaining!!

Oh, and here's a recap of Sunday's game in case you missed it...

http://youtu.be/25SUvcTDJiU

SR
01-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Was stationed at Edwards, married the first girl I met when I got out of the Air Force. Although she's not a football fan, so that might have been a deal breaker, but she's a great woman...just bought me a Super Bowl ticket so I'm not complaining!! Oh, and here's a recap of Sunday's game in case you missed it... http://youtu.be/25SUvcTDJiU

No offense here, but I kind of pictured you to be a 50-something woman based on your posting. Like I said, no offense.

BronColt
01-26-2016, 10:36 PM
No offense here, but I kind of pictured you to be a 50-something woman based on your posting. Like I said, no offense.

I guess that could be a good disguise for all the raping and pillaging I'll apparently be doing there.

SR
01-27-2016, 07:17 AM
I guess that could be a good disguise for all the raping and pillaging I'll apparently be doing there.

Well now that I know you were in the Air Force, and I was in the Air Force, I can't say anything bad to you. Because sticking together and stuff.

BronColt
01-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Well now that I know you were in the Air Force, and I was in the Air Force, I can't say anything bad to you. Because sticking together and stuff.

Works for me! All I have to say is San Antonio sucks in the summer. You should know what I mean.

Davii
01-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Works for me! All I have to say is San Antonio sucks in the summer. You should know what I mean.

My guess is this secret code would mean that San Antonio sucks in the summer time because "boot camp".

amirite?

BronColt
01-27-2016, 11:12 PM
My guess is this secret code would mean that San Antonio sucks in the summer time because "boot camp".

amirite?

NAILED IT!

My recruiter said it would be a great time to go for Bootcamp..May 1st. They just had a monsoon come through Texas and it was the start of the hot summer. It was like 95 degrees with 90% humidity. Stuck in my BDU's and wool socks; I think I lost 20 pounds from the sweat my first two weeks of Bootcamp.

But hey I know how to iron a shirt to fit between the bed posts now! DETAILS!!!

BronColt
01-27-2016, 11:19 PM
3 and 2 against brady in the playoffs. Broncos 6-1 in afccg.

Suck it.

yes!

BronColt
01-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Broncos' second Super Bowl trip in three years all part of grand plan (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197072/broncos-second-super-bowl-trip-in-three-years-all-part-of-grand-plan).

http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/376?itemUri=-2129313419/15375639213117921315211210

And it has all gone almost according to the plan Elway presented to Manning...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197072/broncos-second-super-bowl-trip-in-three-years-all-part-of-grand-plan

Joel
01-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Broncos' second Super Bowl trip in three years all part of grand plan (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197072/broncos-second-super-bowl-trip-in-three-years-all-part-of-grand-plan).

http://m.denverbroncos.com/s/30843/376?itemUri=-2129313419/15375639213117921315211210

And it has all gone almost according to the plan Elway presented to Manning...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197072/broncos-second-super-bowl-trip-in-three-years-all-part-of-grand-plan

Even two years ago [in the Super Bowl], we played good enough, it wasn’t we were lacking on defense....

So why'd we keep loading up on defense ANYWAY, even as the "best" of our crap linemen who'd just BLOWN A SB left for more money? I mean, read between the lines here: Elways says that (despite FIVE defensive starters out hurt) we weren't lacking D in the SB, and he's right. The QB who'd just SHATTERED practically every offensive record wasn't the problem, nor the 3 WRs and a TE who'd just become the first 4 receivers with 10+ TDs for one team, and Moreno's tears and commando crawl speaks to his ability and heart. So what else COULD we "lack" so badly it got us BLOWN OUT BY 5 TDS?!

Apparently, a 4th CB and 4th WR, because those were our first two picks in the next draft, which was loaded with blocking talent. Sorry, John, but that's not "doing everything in [your] power" to help Manning go out as you did. Just last weekend in the NFCCG I heard Aikman remark that EVERY QB loves to have a good running game to take the pressure off and make his life easier, so that "now Manning is on a team that doesn’t have him in the hub of the wheel."

Except, he's NOT, as we see every time we run into the line for 2, then -1, then expect Manning to bail us out on yet another 3rd and 9 with NO protection. If our GM were someone who'd never been there, I'd understand the misunderstanding, but Elways career is practically a textbook example of how a great line that provides protection and a 2000 yd rusher is the difference between an elite QB getting blown out of 3 straight SBs or winning 2 straight.

If Mannng's been "playing possum" well his whole time in Denver, that's only because a GM who got hit and left for dead a LOT lets him take the same punishment.

MOtorboat
01-28-2016, 03:01 AM
I'm so glad Elway didn't overreact to that Super Bowl loss like the spambot.

Joel
01-28-2016, 03:10 AM
I'm so glad Elway didn't overreact to that Super Bowl loss like the spambot.
Yeah, all he did was fire the guy who called Chris Clark "the NFLs best backup OT," then bring in a pair of guys known for building elite lines and run games all the way back to win they helped Elway FINALLY get his own Ring. He just did it a year too late: I'd bet money our line mows down defenses NEXT year—for OZ.

MOtorboat
01-28-2016, 03:16 AM
Yeah, all he did was fire the guy who called Chris Clark "the NFLs best backup OT," then bring in a pair of guys known for building elite lines and run games all the way back to win they helped Elway FINALLY get his own Ring. He just did it a year too late: I'd bet money our line mows down defenses NEXT year—for OZ.

So on one hand you're taking victory laps and on the other you're waxing poetic about how Denver "we" don't have a chance to beat a complete team.

Make up your mind spambot.

Joel
01-28-2016, 03:37 AM
So on one hand you're taking victory laps and on the other you're waxing poetic about how Denver "we" don't have a chance to beat a complete team.
Never said we don't have a CHANCE: I said we haven't won OR lost against a complete team yet. Because that's the truth; doesn't mean we can't or won't, only that it's an untested unknown. It's an interesting mix of variables; they've got a better record and other stats, but we've faced far better competition.

Used to be "we can only play our schedule" was for college, because all NFL teams played all others, but that's less and less true since the merger. Now there's so many that almost HALF THE NFL (40%) didn't play EITHER SB team this season. Both "Conference Champs" faced LESS THAN HALF their conference. Best of the best?

Would Arizona, Seattle or even Houston beat us? Would NE*, Cincy or even Minny beat Carolina? The Jets barely missed the playoffs, because they faded and Pitt peaked late; would they beat us or Carolina, maybe even BOTH? Many of those teams' fans surely think so: What's to prove them wrong?

Nothing proves them RIGHT either though, so we'll see how it goes against Carolina. On paper, I think they're better, but SBs aren't won on paper.

SR
01-28-2016, 07:15 AM

I can think of about 30 places that are much worse than San Antonio in the summer.

When were you enlisted? And what did you do?

BronColt
01-28-2016, 11:40 AM
I can think of about 30 places that are much worse than San Antonio in the summer.

When were you enlisted? And what did you do?

Served 1996-2000, Edwards AFB DFAS. The most boring sh@t in the world! Got to see to B-2 Stealth bombers every day and a whole bunch of experimental aircraft. Saw a few shuttles land and met some astronauts. That was probably the most exciting thing about working in accounting for the military. Also got to see them $50,000 toilet seats and $10,000 hammers too.

spikerman
01-29-2016, 07:20 AM
NAILED IT!

My recruiter said it would be a great time to go for Bootcamp..May 1st. They just had a monsoon come through Texas and it was the start of the hot summer. It was like 95 degrees with 90% humidity. Stuck in my BDU's and wool socks; I think I lost 20 pounds from the sweat my first two weeks of Bootcamp.

But hey I know how to iron a shirt to fit between the bed posts now! DETAILS!!!
Sissies. :D I reported to basic JULY 15th 1986. In May San Antonio was still on "pre-heat."

SR
01-29-2016, 08:12 AM
Sissies. :D I reported to basic JULY 15th 1986. In May San Antonio was still on "pre-heat."

I went August 5, 2003.

BronColt
01-29-2016, 11:20 AM
So the stories out of ESPN saying that every ticket that's coming into the Sportsbook is on the Panthers; yet another "disrespectful" action against our NUMBER 1 defense!!! Let's hope the Broncos are aware of this fact, as it should burn their ass they're even bigger underdogs this week than they were last week. Ask the Steelers and Patriots how us being the underdog worked for them?!

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14665376/one-sided-action-carolina-panthers-helps-move-super-bowl-50-line-las-vegas

BronColt
01-29-2016, 11:27 AM

I've lived in Vegas most of my life; it wasn't the heat that got me it was that 90% humidity!!! I was miserable for 6 weeks, can't even imagine how it was in July or August.

For our "town day", I went to my parents hotel room and sat in front of the AC for at least an hour, then took a bath which I fell asleep in for 2 hours. Did the whole Riverwalk and drove by the Alamo. At this point I was pretty disenchanted with Texas and was ready to get the hell out of dodge.

4 days later I was assigned to Sheppard Air Force base....in Wichita Falls Texas. FML

BronColt
02-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Peyton Manning at Super Bowl 50 Opening Night on comments to Belichick after The AFC Championship game. Nothing but class, thank you Peyton Manning!

https://youtu.be/wOfcc2CPLMQ

https://youtu.be/tedyhVEN39Q

weazel
02-02-2016, 02:03 PM
isn't it opossum?

Joel
02-02-2016, 03:34 PM
isn't it opossum?
Depends where (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opossum)/what (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possum) you're discussing. The one that plays dead is an opossum though, you're right.

weazel
02-02-2016, 05:42 PM
othatmanning

BronColt
02-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Just got my vuvuzela AND my air horn...here's how I'm BRINGING THE NOISE in section 124, row 28!!

http://youtu.be/SCsoSBxwEx0

ShaneFalco
02-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Just got my vuvuzela AND my air horn...here's how I'm BRINGING THE NOISE in section 124, row 28!!

http://youtu.be/SCsoSBxwEx0

roflnice youtube vid

BronColt
02-05-2016, 01:44 PM

I'd like to point out the strength of schedule for both teams.

Panthers

Broncos

BronColt
02-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Broncos

BroncoJoe
02-05-2016, 06:01 PM
It's been pointed out already.

Yashahla17
02-05-2016, 09:03 PM
So the stories out of ESPN saying that every ticket that's coming into the Sportsbook is on the Panthers; yet another "disrespectful" action against our NUMBER 1 defense!!! Let's hope the Broncos are aware of this fact, as it should burn their ass they're even bigger underdogs this week than they were last week. Ask the Steelers and Patriots how us being the underdog worked for them?!

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14665376/one-sided-action-carolina-panthers-helps-move-super-bowl-50-line-las-vegas

I think getting blown away in the superbowl just two years ago should be the motivation. Being the underdog may add a little fuel but many of these guys been here and got blown away in the big game last time.

Joel
02-06-2016, 06:14 PM
I think getting blown away in the superbowl just two years ago should be the motivation. Being the underdog may add a little fuel but many of these guys been here and got blown away in the big game last time.
I'm hoping the difference is that and the fact Riveras Panthers had only ONE playoff win before this year. But that's where Carolls Seahawks were in 2013.

BronColt
02-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Well, the Oracle of Rod whispered in my ear...Peyton Manning did in fact win the Super Bowl, and did so by pretending to be hurt, mastering the game plan (which was to give it to the defense to win the game and not make mistakes).

He fooled everybody when he came back in the game against the Chargers, telling Kubiak "I might be able to do something" when called upon to enter in the 3rd quarter.

Manning pretended not to have a passing game in the first round against the Steelers, so that he could set up the Patriots defense with two passing TD's to Owen Daniels. Which in turn scared the Panthers defense so that they would try to shut down the pass, which the plan was to run the ball and give it to the defense without taking any chances on 3rd down or attempting to throw a TD.

Manning made the last scoring play a nice little pass to convert 2 points; just to prove he could still throw, and the last points of the game came from Manning's arm.

That ladies and gentleman is how you successfully play POSSUM in the NFL. Sneaky ********....

BroncoJoe
02-17-2016, 02:54 PM
I found you annoying at first, but have reconsidered.

Let's do lunch.