PDA

View Full Version : Right now - 10-12

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2015, 02:19 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Kubiak/9cf73562-f1c3-4edd-a24d-ed73f5432936

BTV Live: Kubiak
Watch live as Head Coach Gary Kubiak speaks to the media a day after the Broncos 16-10 victory over the Raiders.

underrated29
10-12-2015, 02:35 PM
summary, update, recap? The hearing impared....

BroncoJoe
10-12-2015, 02:37 PM
The feed stopped... for me at least.

VonDoom
10-12-2015, 02:47 PM
summary, update, recap? The hearing impared....

I posted most of the quotes in the game day thread

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2015, 03:02 PM
The feed stopped... for me at least.

Mine also

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36m

Kubiak said he wanted to get Thompson involved Sunday, but the hammy injury prevented that. Run game needs improvement in all areas.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 41m

Kubiak: Schofield is "improving ... we've just got to work through it." Said Polumbus did some good things Sunday, too.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 42m

Kubiak on the OTs: "It's a work in progress ... not a real comfortable situation, but something we have to work through."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 43m

Kubiak: "Peyton's doing just fine," and will not consider putting in Osweiler.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 43m

Kubiak: "Biggest thing offensively is we've got to finish." Cites two drops & INT, said that could have been 17 points.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 44m

Juwan Thompson is "day-to-day" with a hamstring problem. Will evaluate Thompson's progress before deciding whether they need Bibbs up.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 45m

Kubiak: Omar Bolden "came out OK," but was dealing with plantar fasciaitis. Aqib Talib is "day-to-day."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 46m

Kubiak: no update on Ware's back. Being checked out today.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38m

Kubiak said he wants to get the ball to DT more... Said he played hurt vs. #Raiders. That got through it.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m

Asked if he was still able to enjoy the 5-0 start, Kubiak smiled and said. "Damn right I am." #Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 25m

Kubiak didn't have an update on DWare. Given team's depth, and a bye week after this Sunday, it wouldn't surprise me if he rested this week

spikerman
10-12-2015, 04:00 PM
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Ware's injury is described as a strain that is expected to keep him out about two weeks, per source who has spoken to the player.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000555703/article/demarcus-ware-back-expected-to-miss-two-weeks

Northman
10-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Didnt Ware have back issues a few years ago while he was in Dallas?

SR
10-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Yep. Had surgery before we signed him.

Joel
10-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Yeah, one of Chris Clarks few good showings in 2013 was Wares first game back after his back sidelined him in Dallas; stonewalled him so badly he switched sides to work on Franklin.

I've been as dubious of Ray as any highly touted draft pick, but he looked good in relief of Ware Sunday, against a pretty good Raiders line, and Barrett's not bad (even if he's off side more than I'd like; then again, Ware's been flagged for it a few times, too.) We've got a lot more OLB depth than I expected when we first hired Wade, so there's no reason to rush Ware back against Cleveland when we'll need him badly against Rodgers after the bye, and for the rest of the season as we head into some much tougher games than we've faced so far.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Kubiak: Broncos' red-zone offense 'has got to finish'

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Kubiak-Broncos-red-zone-offense-has-got-to-finish/6fa7f4e0-6df2-4366-8ebd-abb262b5ee0e

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Right now our line is good up the middle, but our tackles are getting beat badly.

Joel
10-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Right now our line is good up the middle, but our tackles are getting beat badly.
It's better up the middle, but still only relatively, IMHO, and "adequate" is setting the bar pretty low for a couple All Pros, even with a second year guy getting his first pro snaps between them. But, yeah, it's WAY worse at OT. Part of the problem is undoubtedly Sambrailos lingering injury and Harris' early in the Raiders game: The LAST thing we need on a line where EVERYONE'S unfamiliar with each other and the playbook is yet another second year guy who's never played a pro down opposite another guy who's only been on the team a week.

Here's hoping Sambrailo and Harris are healthy next week, and we resume improving (as @Detroit) by the huge amount necessary rather than continue regressing.

WJK
10-12-2015, 10:42 PM
We're fortunate to have guys like Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray to fill in for Ware. Off topic but I got to spend an hour on the sideline before the game and Shaq was one of several guys to acknowledge me and the other fans. Bruton, Virgil, Roby, and Todd Davis (I yelled SAC STATE! and he nodded back to me) were all awesome. John Elway was also terrific signing jerseys and shaking hands before the game. Such a likable team.