PDA

View Full Version : Would the offense be better with Tebow at QB?

CrazyHorse
10-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Given the choice who would you rather have right now?

Northman
10-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Scoring wise probably about the same, but Tebow would of been much cheaper thats for sure. The good news is that Tebow would of been able to elude the pass rush and maybe help the run game because of his scrambling. I think Tebow would easily game manage this team without turning it over with the kind of defense we have. Either way the offense would be low scoring but unless Kubes tells Manning to play Tebow ball i think he will still turn the ball over with some boneheaded plays. Man, i am really buzzing right now, this beer is damn good. :)

BroncoWave
10-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Oh shit, you done gone and done it now! Getting my popcorn ready for this thread. :lol:

DenBronx
10-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah this won't turn out well. Lol

Cugel
10-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Given the choice who would you rather have right now?

Muhahahahahaha! Most idiotic poll question ever! Ding! Ding! Ding!! :laugh:

Tebowites have been waiting for 4 long years to say "I told you so!" But, meanwhile their Christian hero has washed out of the league. Permanently.

He's now officially a complete, total and perma-bust that not one team in the NFL wants on their roster. NOBODY!

But, of course "Teeeeebow!" Because, reasons. :coffee:

DenBronx
10-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I just love the overreactions.....from both sides.

Cugel
10-11-2015, 07:38 PM
"The good news is that Tebow would of been able to elude the pass rush and maybe help the run game because of his scrambling."

This just gets funnier and funnier! :laugh:

No, the good news is that Tebow is available because he's sitting on his couch because he totally sucks so bad that NOBODY wants him. Nobody! Not even teams who are struggling because their QBs are beyond horrible.

Like this hot mess:

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was an unhinged disaster on Sunday (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000554947/article/caldwell-on-matthew-stafford-hes-still-our-starter), but his starting job is safe for now.

Coach Jim Caldwell met with reporters after Detroit's 42-17 loss to the Cardinals to announce that Stafford, benched midway through the third quarter, would be under center next Sunday against the Bears.

So, an NFL QB can be an "unhinged disaster," his team can be 0-5 with the coach facing the grim prospect of being fired at the end of the year, and yet not one NFL GM reaches for the phone and calls Tim Tebow!

Stafford was yanked after completing 20 of 32 passes for 188 yards with a touchdown and three killer interceptions. Backup Dan Orlovsky was far from a savior, throwing a touchdown and a pick of his own.

Stafford is horrible, their backup is Dan Orlovsky, who is even worse, but still no Tebow?

That ought to tell you something, but the idiotic Tebowites still just can't get it. Your hero is a loser. Nobody wants him. Nobody.

Northman
10-11-2015, 07:40 PM
This just gets funnier and funnier! :laugh:

No, the good news is that Tebow is available because he's sitting on his couch because he totally sucks so bad that NOBODY wants him. Nobody! Not even teams who are struggling because their QBs are beyond horrible.

Like this hot mess:

So, an NFL QB can be an "unhinged disaster" and not one NFL GM reaches for the phone and calls Tim Tebow. Yet the idiotic Tebowites still just can't get it. Your hero is a loser. Nobody wants him. Nobody.

That might actually make sense if i was a Tebowite, ask anyone here im one of his biggest detractors. Just more cluelessness from the mighty Cugel. lmao

Joel
10-11-2015, 07:42 PM
To hear many posters tell it, the offense would definitely be far better. To be fair, few of those many include our last QBs harshest critics. But all the stuff about the run AND pass blocking being garbage that forced us to run 2:00 Drills all game, EVERY game, and that being OK as long as our elite D kept us within one score so our QB could win it with a SINGLE walkoff scoring drive: All as true then as now; the only difference is more people CARE about it now. Some people are still willing to throw the QB alone under the bus for all our many problems though

Weirdest part? When we're on D, people rave that Ware and Miller are elite pass rushers, and Jackson, Wolfe and Sly are solid—but the INSTANT we get the ball they seem to forget pass rushers exist, and doom offense who can't block them: Nope, offense=QB, so bad offense=bad QB (and, to a lesser extent, awful RBs and WRs: Only "skill" positions matter; everyone without fantasy football stats is irrelevant.)

It's like watching football with an 8-year-old: "We're behind; our QB must suck: My custom Madden QB is NEVER behind." :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
That might actually make sense if i was a Tebowite, ask anyone here im one of his biggest detractors. Just more cluelessness from the mighty Cugel. lmao

Yeah, North, you just think everyone sucks! :D

CrazyHorse
I say Manning. Manning is playing terrible but Tebow is terrible. One has a much higher ceiling even at almost 40.

wayninja
10-11-2015, 07:43 PM
If the poll ends up being Tebow, I'm going to LMAO.

I'm voting Tebow just for the LOLZ factor.

Joel
10-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Short form of the above: This poll needs a third "ANY (and EVERY) Broncos QB will look like crap as long as our protection and push IS crap" option.

Northman
10-11-2015, 07:45 PM

Liar. You know you want Tebow back.

Cugel
10-11-2015, 07:45 PM
I just love the overreactions.....from both sides.

How is it an "overreaction" to say that a QB who has washed out of the league multiple times, who nobody wants, who not one team thinks is worthy of a roster spot is a washed up loser?

What more proof is necessary than the fact that even coaches and GMs who are going to lose their jobs this year, and who presumably would clutch at any available straw - still want nothing to do with Tebow.

Res Ipsa Loquitur - "the thing speaks for itself."

CrazyHorse
10-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Short form of the above: This poll needs a third "ANY (and EVERY) Broncos QB will look like crap as long as our protection and push IS crap" option.

Nope. The poll was meant to be purely a binary decision. I purposely left off Osweiler.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
It has to be a troll vote.. I mean.. seriously...... no one could honestly believe Tebow would be better. It's purely meant to cause arguements, thus... a complete "Troll Poll."

Cugel
10-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Sorry Joel, but you are being penalized for making too much sense for this thread! Don't let that happen again. You should have added: "And so long as the Broncos have the worst run blocking in the league. . ."

Northman
10-11-2015, 07:50 PM
It has to be a troll vote.. I mean.. seriously...... no one could honestly believe Tebow would be better. It's purely meant to cause arguements, thus... a complete "Troll Poll."

Depends. Ive always stated that if Tebow had a all world defense he wouldnt need to pass much to win a championship. Now, we havent played GB or NE yet so its hard to say how this team will fair with them but had Tebow had this defense in 2011 its very possible we win more games. The biggest hindrance right now is turnovers and a lack of running. Having a mobile QB forces defenders to play another player who is a threat. Tebow would be that kind of guy so as long as he didnt get hurt. But offensively, Manning has done no better this year than Tebow would or as Chazoid pointed out what Brock would do. Any low level QB would throw 6 TD's and 7 Ints. Those are very pedestrian numbers for a all pro QB.

Cugel
10-11-2015, 07:53 PM

Ain't even talking about you. I was responding to the quote. Don't care what your opinion about Tebow is. There are plenty of fans out there who still want to be able to say that "the Broncos should never have cut Timmy!"

And I'm responding to that because that is a widely popular view - even now. And it just kills them that they can't make a sensible argument for that because Tebow has washed out of the league.

But, they can point to every flaw of Peyton Manning, and then shout "Teeebow!"

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Depends. Ive always stated that if Tebow had a all world defense he wouldnt need to pass much to win a championship. Now, we havent played GB or NE yet so its hard to say how this team will fair with them but had Tebow had this defense in 2011 its very possible we win more games. The biggest hindrance right now is turnovers and a lack of running. Having a mobile QB forces defenders to play another player who is a threat. Tebow would be that kind of guy so as long as he didnt get hurt. But offensively, Manning has done no better this year than Tebow would or as Chazoid pointed out what Brock would do. Any low level QB would throw 6 TD's and 7 Ints. Those are very pedestrian numbers for a all pro QB.

Tebow would be asked to throw a lot because every defense would put 10 defensive players in the box..forcing Denver to throw. Tebow wouldn't/couldn't win (on any kind of consistant basis) no matter what defense is backing him up. As soon as you faced an offense that could (and would) score, you'd be screwed.

Northman
10-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Tebow would be asked to throw a lot because every defense would put 10 defensive players in the box..forcing Denver to throw. Tebow wouldn't/couldn't win (on any kind of consistant basis) no matter what defense is backing him up. As soon as you faced an offense that could (and would) score, you'd be screwed.

Dont know to be honest, Manning is pretty bad and yet we still win in spite of him right now.

Cugel
10-11-2015, 07:57 PM

Are you kidding? There are LOTs of closet Tebowites still lurking in the weeds. They all bought #15 jerseys and want to cheer for their hero. Only he just sucked, got traded, lost his job. Washed out of the league, sat for 2 years, then got one final chance and failed again.

They were the ones arguing in 2012 that "Peyton is washed up! We should have kept Tebow!" These idiots are still around. I meet them all the time in real life. Why wouldn't there be some on these boards?

wayninja
10-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Liar. You know you want Tebow back.

How am I lying? I never wanted tebow gone.

But its funny to see how many people who wanted him gone are now saying that he's either better than or equivalent to the guy they wanted to replace him.

Timmy!
10-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Obvious troll thread is obvious.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 08:10 PM
How am I lying? I never wanted tebow gone.

But its funny to see how many people who wanted him gone are now saying that he's either better than or equivalent to the guy they wanted to replace him.

I want to see how many REALLY feel that way, because I don't believe there are any that truly believe we would be better off with him behind center.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Dont know to be honest, Manning is pretty bad and yet we still win in spite of him right now.

But he's STILL better than Tebow. He's still 5 TIMES as good as Tebow, because no matter what, he still makes the defense try to hide their coverages and tries to fool him. They STILL have to account for Manning reading what they are doing. They don't have to account for any of that with Tim. Just flat out, man-up. Manning has actually led winning drives this season.

wayninja
10-11-2015, 08:14 PM
I want to see how many REALLY feel that way, because I don't believe there are any that truly believe we would be better off with him behind center.

And yet... poll results.

BroncoWave
10-11-2015, 08:26 PM
And yet... poll results.

Yep, the poll doesn't lie!

aberdien
10-11-2015, 08:28 PM
About the same. It'd probably be more fun to watch the offense with Tebow, so I'm all in #TebowTime

Slick
10-11-2015, 08:31 PM
I voted for Tebow just to be an ass.

wayninja
10-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Are you kidding? There are LOTs of closet Tebowites still lurking in the weeds. They all bought #15 jerseys and want to cheer for their hero. Only he just sucked, got traded, lost his job. Washed out of the league, sat for 2 years, then got one final chance and failed again.

They were the ones arguing in 2012 that "Peyton is washed up! We should have kept Tebow!" These idiots are still around. I meet them all the time in real life. Why wouldn't there be some on these boards?

LMAO. I guess only the Lombardi trophy would have prevented this inevitable, comical showdown.

I Eat Staples
10-11-2015, 09:12 PM

I imagine that was the reason for most of the Tebow votes. Manning is currently a bottom-tier starting QB, but Tebow isn't even good enough to be a backup.

Dapper Dan
10-11-2015, 09:30 PM
The running game would be better but given that Tebow would have 1.5 seconds to throw the ball, I'd hate to see where it ends up.

wayninja
10-11-2015, 10:09 PM
I imagine that was the reason for most of the Tebow votes. Manning is currently a bottom-tier starting QB, but Tebow isn't even good enough to be a backup.

Well, statistically, Tebow's offense was better than Mannings currently is. So either Tebow is good enough to be a starter, or Manning isn't good enough to be a backup either.

Pick.

To lighten the mood a bit, it could be worse. Here's a nugget from todays gameday thread from Chiefs planet:

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE ERIC BERRY AND NOT ALEX SMITH THAT GOT ****ING CANCER

I Eat Staples
10-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Well, statistically, Tebow's offense was better than Mannings currently is. So either Tebow is good enough to be a starter, or Manning isn't good enough to be a backup either.

Pick.

To lighten the mood a bit, it could be worse. Here's a nugget from todays gameday thread from Chiefs planet:

What statistics are you looking at? 2015 Manning is better than 2011 Tebow in almost every single statistic.

Simple Jaded
10-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Tebowmania is the disease that will bring on the zombie apocalypse, I'm buying a crossbow.

wayninja
10-11-2015, 10:23 PM
What statistics are you looking at? 2015 Manning is better than 2011 Tebow in almost every single statistic.

Mannings completion rate is higher, but Tebows TD/Int ratio is MUCH better. Yards per attempt is almost identical.

Add in Tebows rushing stats and the offense looks better under Tebow in 2011 than it does so far under Manning in 2015. It it what it is. This thread probably wouldn't exist otherwise.

Please don't misunderstand though, I'm not trying to say that Tebow is the better QB or that Manning should be benched. Just find the situation comical.

olathebroncofan
10-11-2015, 10:27 PM
WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE ERIC BERRY AND NOT ALEX SMITH THAT GOT ****ING CANCER[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but this thread needs to end with this quote. This is how good we have it here.

BRING BACK TEBOW!!!

MOtorboat
10-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Now THIS...

This, Buff, I will call stupid. ******* stupid, actually.

DenBronx
10-11-2015, 10:54 PM
This thread is fun.

#meltdown over a player not even in the nfl. Lol

If you guys want to make a case for Brock then I can see that. If it's Tebow then it's nothing short of laughable and you need your heads examined.

CrazyHorse
10-11-2015, 11:38 PM
This thread is fun.

If you guys want to make a case for Brock then I can see that. If it's Tebow then it's nothing short of laughable and you need your heads examined.

Osweiler is a total mystery. With Tebow you know you have proven winner :D

DenBronx
10-11-2015, 11:58 PM
This thread is fun.

Tebow got smoked by the Pats tho!

CrazyHorse
10-12-2015, 12:52 AM
Tebow got smoked by the Pats tho!

Andrew Luck did too. He must suck.

Valar Morghulis
10-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Right now, chiefs and patriots forums are quoting and mocking this meltdown!

But....

Just to answer the question, manning. All day. Every day. And twice on game day.

Cugel
10-12-2015, 02:15 AM
LMAO. I guess only the Lombardi trophy would have prevented this inevitable, comical showdown.

Not even a Super Bowl trophy would have prevented the Tebowites from whining "they should have kept Teeeebow!"

There are just a lot of people who love Tebow "because he's a good Christian man!" Regardless of his football skills which are negligible.

Cugel
10-12-2015, 02:17 AM
Osweiler is a total mystery. With Tebow you know you have proven winner

:laugh: And why is such a "proven winner" not in the NFL right now? Hmmmn?

Northman
10-12-2015, 04:20 AM
But he's STILL better than Tebow.

Not right now he's not.

ShaneFalco
10-12-2015, 09:01 AM
would have taken the #1 rushing team in NFL over 12 rushes for 22 yards

Dzone
10-12-2015, 09:08 AM
With Tebow at least we would have the threat of a run. We have the worst ground game in the nfl

ShaneFalco
10-12-2015, 09:22 AM
With Tebow at least we would have the threat of a run. We have the worst ground game in the nfl
yup ranked #32 lol.

Pudge
10-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Can we black hole this garbage?

Simple Jaded
10-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Manning could play QB left handed better than Tebow, this is true.

cmc0605
10-12-2015, 10:36 PM
No, Tim Tebow could not attempt to carry this offense on his own due to everyone else's lack of productivity, including the need for a more than 2:1 pass/run ratio even though we played with a lead most of the time. No, they would not let Tebow throw on 3rd and 11 inside that two minute drill with the game on the line, just like we need to throw every play.

If you think teams are stacking the box against Peyton every play (not true) because he can't throw deep (not true) you'd probably see 10 man boxes with Tebow...

Though, maybe he could have ran in the end zone better than our RBs... you know when it was 1st and 4 on the goal line after Von's strip sack and Peyton's 12 yard completion to DT.

Nor could he throw for well over 200 (or 300) yards in each of the last three games.

The problem is the run game and red zone offense, not Peyton Manning. WATCH THE GAMES. We just need to cash in, we're moving the ball. We'll be fine.

Dzone
10-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Am assuming our ground game is dead last in the league . Hard to believe any team worse than us at running the ball.
What I would give for one more run of Tebow mania :pound:

DenBronx
10-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Would this offense be better with Mike Vick?

Simple Jaded
10-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Am assuming our ground game is dead last in the league . Hard to believe any team worse than us at running the ball.
What I would give for one more run of Tebow mania :pound:

Yeah but the question was about Tebow playing QB, not RB.

Ravage!!!
10-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Not right now he's not.

Yes.. he is. He absolutely is.

wayninja
10-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Is he 8 times better? Because that's what we are paying him.

Not trying to throw fuel on a comedic fire though. Rome is already burning.

CrazyHorse
10-13-2015, 12:14 AM

I think so.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 01:49 AM
Is he 8 times better? Because that's what we are paying him.

Not trying to throw fuel on a comedic fire though. Rome is already burning.

Well.. he's good enough to be starting in the NFL and go 5-0 while Tebow isn't good enough to win a 3rd string QB job in the entire NFL. So yeah, I'd say he is.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 01:50 AM

Oh hell no. Mike Vick is absolutely horrendous. There is NOTHING Vick does well.

D1g1tal j1m
10-13-2015, 02:14 AM
I can't believe someone made a poll for this.

Even worse, I voted in it.

Yashahla17
10-13-2015, 04:04 AM

Would this offense be better with aaron rodgers.

Yashahla17
10-13-2015, 04:13 AM
It really says a lot that Tebow got 33% of the vote. Smh. A prime manning vs Tebow would normally be 90-10 manning with the 10% being Tebow lovers. But manning having Tebow type td-int ratio and being inaccurate like a Tebow i can honestly say id rather Tebow. But Brock is the guy and he's better than both.

DenBronx
10-13-2015, 06:00 AM

Would this offense be better with aaron rodgers.

Yes but I was trying to ask a dumb question and you went on ahead and ruined it.

Valar Morghulis
10-13-2015, 06:12 AM
It really says a lot that Tebow got 33% of the vote. Smh. A prime manning vs Tebow would normally be 90-10 manning with the 10% being Tebow lovers. But manning having Tebow type td-int ratio and being inaccurate like a Tebow i can honestly say id rather Tebow. But Brock is the guy and he's better than both.

Are you Brock Osweiler?

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 06:53 AM

Proven winner?

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 06:54 AM
Are you Brock Osweiler?

No but he did stay in Holiday Inn in Montana once. :D

BroncoJoe
10-13-2015, 06:58 AM

I think several (including me) voted Tebow as a joke, since this thread is basically a joke.

Yashahla17
10-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Are you Brock Osweiler?

It's possible.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Chuck Norris

BroncoWave
10-13-2015, 10:08 AM
There is NOTHING Vick does well.

Well this is just comically incorrect. Not saying he's great or anything, but someone who literally does noting well, as you put it, would not have lasted as long in the NFL as he has.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Well this is just comically incorrect. Not saying he's great or anything, but someone who literally does noting well, as you put it, would not have lasted as long in the NFL as he has.

Thanks for the head's up, Mr. Literal. You and Joel should hang out some time.

Dzone
10-13-2015, 10:27 AM
This whole question of Tebow or Manning is hilarious

BroncoWave
10-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the head's up, Mr. Literal. You and Joel should hang out some time.

Sorry for interpreting your words exactly as you wrote them. I'll try to do better next time!

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Sorry for interpreting your words exactly as you wrote them. I'll try to do better next time!

Good to read.

MOtorboat
10-13-2015, 10:45 AM
It really says a lot that Tebow got 33% of the vote.

It sure does.

ShaneFalco
10-13-2015, 10:48 AM
that tebow is awesome.

wayninja
10-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Well.. he's good enough to be starting in the NFL and go 5-0 while Tebow isn't good enough to win a 3rd string QB job in the entire NFL. So yeah, I'd say he is.

Ravage, ravage, ravage. Dare I necro old threads where this same 'winning' argument was laughed at? Most likely by you even?

wayninja
10-13-2015, 01:16 PM

That's totally unfair. Tebow has never thrown more int's than TD's.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/elefant.gif

Slick
10-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Ravage, ravage, ravage. Dare I necro old threads where this same 'winning' argument was laughed at? Most likely by you even?

Please don't.

Slick
10-13-2015, 01:55 PM
As of now 16 guests voted for Tebow and 33 guests voted for Manning.

I don't think any of the registered posters who voted for Tebow were serious except maybe Yashahlalala and Bryce.

ShaneFalco
10-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Why would anybody want the #1 Rushing offense over the #32 ?

Madness.

EastCoastBronco
10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Can we get Moreno back?

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 02:26 PM

Sure. You want me to compare the play of Manning to Tebow and their careers.. ABSOLUTELY. You want me to po int out how a HoF QB gets more leway than a lousy QB that couldn't get on the field after leaving Denver. Sure. You want to continue to try and compare Manning and Tebow, I'll laugh alllllll the way along the ride you want to bring. I have no problem with that.

Seriously, even as bad as Manning is playing..he's STILL tons tons tons better than Tebow was at his very best. But if you think its worth you bringing back me making a point that Tebow won due to luck and defense, that's your call. :D

I Eat Staples
10-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Why would anybody want the #1 Rushing offense over the #32 ?

Madness.

Passing and running are not of equal importance. You're asking for a pitcher with a good changeup and no fastball.

ShaneFalco
10-13-2015, 03:43 PM
The way the defense is playing, dont need no fastball.

Besides when did duck throws become fastballs?

elsid13
10-13-2015, 04:28 PM
The real poll should be would Tyrod Taylor be starting if Kubes and Elway been able to sign him.

Valar Morghulis
10-13-2015, 04:32 PM
The real poll should be would Tyrod Taylor be starting if Kubes and Elway been able to sign him.

did they try?

elsid13
10-13-2015, 04:36 PM
did they try?

Yes. He was one of the first FA they had in. He went to Buffalo because he thought he had a chance to start.

Valar Morghulis
10-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Yes. He was one of the first FA they had in. He went to Buffalo because he thought he had a chance to start.

I did not know that!

BroncoJoe
10-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I did not know that!

Neither did I. That would have been very interesting!

elsid13
10-13-2015, 05:15 PM
I did not know that!

Neither did I. That would have been very interesting!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/3/14/8216575/nfl-free-agency-quarterback-tyrod-taylor-turns-a-down-deal-from

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 05:18 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/3/14/8216575/nfl-free-agency-quarterback-tyrod-taylor-turns-a-down-deal-from

That's interesting. But I think the writer brings up a question that could be answered with a very simple.... Because Os won't be under contract after this season. Open competition is good. I didn't know this, and never read this before. Thanks for the info, elsid.

BroncoJoe
10-13-2015, 05:20 PM
How reliable is the Mile High Report?

elsid13
10-13-2015, 05:21 PM
How reliable is the Mile High Report?

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/18003/source-tyrod-taylor-can-earn-7-million-as-bills-starter

ESPIN reported the same thing. and the Broncos offered more than $7M he got from Buffalo. That's good money for back-up/first time starter

BroncoJoe
10-13-2015, 05:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/18003/source-tyrod-taylor-can-earn-7-million-as-bills-starter

ESPIN reported the same thing. and the Broncos offered more than $7M he got from Buffalo. That's good money for back-up/first time starter

Thanks - strange it wasn't bigger news!

Northman
10-13-2015, 05:44 PM
The report was a bit misguided though, he tried to make it sound like the club was not happy with Oz when in reality it looks like they were just looking for another player to possibly add to the roster. Nowhere does it say that Tyrod was going to be the starter which is probably why he went to Buffalo because his chances were a lot better there of actually having a starting job.

Valar Morghulis
10-13-2015, 05:44 PM
7 mil at a time when out cap space was less than plentiful. Kubes must have liked him in Baltimore, or really not fancied Oz.

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Chuck Norris

Wally Pip.

Northman
10-13-2015, 05:46 PM
7 mil at a time when out cap space was less than plentiful. Kubes must have liked him in Baltimore, or really not fancied Oz.

Tyrod had already shown he was a competent QB in Baltimore before Kubes even got there. I guess im the only one who is not surprised he is a starter in Buffalo. He always played well when coming in for Flacco or when he had time to play in the games.

Pudge
10-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Can we black hole this garbage?

NightTerror218
10-13-2015, 06:11 PM
As bad as this team is running ball, tebow would be bad in epic proportions.

I can see it scramble back,scramble left, scramble right, spin move, scramble left. Sack loss of 30 yrds.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 06:14 PM
As bad as this team is running ball, tebow would be bad in epic proportions.

I can see it scramble back,scramble left, scramble right, spin move, scramble left. Sack loss of 30 yrds.

Its not like he's fast.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Tyrod had already shown he was a competent QB in Baltimore before Kubes even got there. I guess im the only one who is not surprised he is a starter in Buffalo. He always played well when coming in for Flacco or when he had time to play in the games.

I gotta be honest... I knew NOTHING of this guy before this year. Didn't even know the name.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 06:15 PM

I would say it came down to having a very familiar feel for Tyrod because of their time in Baltimore more than anything else.

NightTerror218
10-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Its not like he's fast.

But he can break tackles. I remember that epic win over the jets....revis jumped out of his way.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2015, 06:21 PM
But he can break tackles. I remember that epic win over the jets....revis jumped out of his way.

yeah.. he's a big boy. But so are the LBs and DL of the NFL...and they are faster than he is. Every QB in the game is going to have big throws and/or good runs. I mean, they are good enough athletes to make it to the NFL. These guys are awesome athletes, even if they are bad NFL players. So yeah, he'll break a tackle here and there.

MOtorboat
10-13-2015, 07:55 PM

TXBRONC
10-13-2015, 08:04 PM

I'm shocked I never thought you would equate Manning to a lemon. :shocked:

Simple Jaded
10-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Tyrod Taylor is a good example of why HC's should stay out of personnel decisions, Shelly Smith and Gino Gradkowski are two more.

Owen Daniels.

Yay Trevor Siemien.

Dzone
10-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Some people would take Orton right now over manning,,,the manning doubt is making people ridiculous

Valar Morghulis
10-15-2015, 10:52 AM
How is long playing in Atlanta?

Has he started yet?

capt. Jack
10-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Manning at 30 to 50% is still better than Tebow. Manning has great leadership skills that can't be discounted.

Krugan
10-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Manning at 30 to 50% is still better than Tebow. Manning has great leadership skills that can't be discounted.

Its a shame they didnt come with a bigger discount(cough) maybe we could have got a decent offensive line !

Pun fully intended.

capt. Jack
10-15-2015, 11:35 AM
About discounts, Manning should be making about 8 to 10 mill. This year.

Cugel
10-16-2015, 01:39 PM
What the hell Tebowites? Only 32% think Tebow would be better? What happened to all the closet Tebowites who've been waiting in darkness for 4 years to say "See! I told you Manning was washed up!" :coffee:

ShaneFalco
10-16-2015, 01:54 PM
sigh

Yashahla17
10-16-2015, 08:05 PM
If manning cared about bringing in more guys on offense he wouldn't be making 16 million. Your think a qbwhose made hundreds of millions would take veterans minimum to bring in as much talent on offense period. So in a way manning being selfish is getting what he asked for. This guy knew he was finished physically but yet he still took elite qb money. And elway was simple enough to let him.

dogfish
10-16-2015, 08:09 PM
And elway was simple enough to let him.

oh, damn. . . :lol::lol::lol:

stay gold, pony boy!

Yashahla17
10-16-2015, 08:13 PM
No doubt about it manning should have retired for one but he came back for money and records.

Simple Jaded
10-16-2015, 10:08 PM
My awesome powers of perception are beginning to lead me to believe that Yashahaler City of Squala doesn't like Peyton Manning.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2015, 01:16 PM
My awesome powers of perception are beginning to lead me to believe that Yashahaler City of Squala doesn't like Peyton Manning.

Get outta here!

DenBronx
10-17-2015, 01:40 PM
No doubt about it manning should have retired for one but he came back for money and records.

Congratulations! You just won the Stupadasso Post of the Year Award!!

Tell us where you are going after this great victory? Disneyland???

Yashahla17
10-17-2015, 03:29 PM

I'm going to donate everything to research for cloning and see if we can get manning a new arm.

Northman
10-17-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm going to donate everything to research for cloning and see if we can get manning a new arm.

Bhwhahahahahahahaa, well played.

DenBronx
10-17-2015, 05:29 PM

Does it come with a free brain? You could really use one!

Simple Jaded
10-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Get outta here!

I bet he has custom made Peyton Manning toilet paper.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-17-2015, 08:28 PM
I bet he has custom made Peyton Manning toilet paper.

While he sings to the Nationwide tune, "using tp on my bum".

Simple Jaded
10-17-2015, 11:59 PM
While he sings to the Nationwide tune, "using tp on my bum".

"Peyton Manning sucks real bad"

When they asked Yashahaler what color tp he wants he said just give me white and I'll color it myself.