PDA

View Full Version : I miss Kick Off returns.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Used to be one of the most exciting plays in football...especially in a tight game. How many times have you stood up.. JUMPED up...because of an incredible KO return at the tight point of a close game? We don't have that anymore. KO returns have become a rarity, and the NFL trying to give the false illusion that they care about health, has taken away from the sport. It's sad, really how boring the game has become by removing something so basic.

BroncoWave
10-11-2015, 12:56 PM
I remember the days when it would be a weekly occurrence to see someone carried off the field on a stretcher because of the violent (moreso than usual) hits that come from players running full speed at each other with 40 yard head starts and colliding. I am just fine with the trade off of not having as many kickoff returns but not having as many of those types of injuries either.

Devilspawn
10-11-2015, 12:57 PM
I did at first but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

MOtorboat
10-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Three kickoff return touchdowns this season, on pace for 12 or 13, the same exact number (12) as 2005.

So...

aberdien
10-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Who cares

BroncoWave
10-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Who cares

Ravage likes to complain about how the NFL is so much softer than it was in the 40s. I bet he hated it when they made players switch from leather helmets.

silkamilkamonico
10-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Reminds me of my brother, who wishes they would use the NFL for an eradication of inmates and deranged lunatics, keeping the game as old school as they want and subjecting the players as property, watching them slowly disintegrate to nothing from the constant head hunting, leading to brain trauma and a hopeful slow and miserable death. That would probably make as much money as the NFL does now.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 02:29 PM
I remember the days when it would be a weekly occurrence to see someone carried off the field on a stretcher because of the violent (moreso than usual) hits that come from players running full speed at each other with 40 yard head starts and colliding. I am just fine with the trade off of not having as many kickoff returns but not having as many of those types of injuries either.

I knew you would exaggerate with something like t his.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Ravage likes to complain about how the NFL is so much softer than it was in the 40s. I bet he hated it when they made players switch from leather helmets.

Yeah.. I do hate when people/players are pussies... I dont deny it. Not as much as I disdain the weepy hearts that cry for them, though.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Three kickoff return touchdowns this season, on pace for 12 or 13, the same exact number (12) as 2005.

So...

Yeah.. but the number of returns is sooooo small compared. I mean, even the 'chance' of getting a turnover on a kickoff to keep your team alive used to be there. Now, its rare to even have a kickoff return.

The kickoff return was pretty damned exciting. ITs a part of the game that has nearly been removed. THat doesn't bother some, but it certainly takes away from the game as a whole.

BroncoWave
10-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Yeah.. but the number of returns is sooooo small compared. I mean, even the 'chance' of getting a turnover on a kickoff to keep your team alive used to be there. Now, its rare to even have a kickoff return.

The kickoff return was pretty damned exciting. ITs a part of the game that has nearly been removed. THat doesn't bother some, but it certainly takes away from the game as a whole.

Boo freaking hoo. If you hate it so much go put in tapes of games from the 90s and the rest of us will enjoy the games today.

BroncoWave
10-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Yeah.. I do hate when people/players are pussies... I dont deny it. Not as much as I disdain the weepy hearts that cry for them, though.

It's not even about crying/weeping for players. Football is a better game when the best players are healthy. No one wants to watch a bunch of backups playing.

Joel
10-11-2015, 03:13 PM
If you want to see kickoff returns, you're following the wroooong team. ;) Maybe try the Saints: They play BELOW sea level.

DenBronx
10-11-2015, 11:03 PM
I miss KRs too Rav. Don't listen to the haters. We might be in the minority but that was fun football to watch.