PDA

View Full Version : Through My Eyes: Michael Schofield makes first NFL start

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Michael Schofield
Player Contributor

Leading into the Vikings game, Head Coach Gary Kubiak sat me down and told me that I was going to start.

My first NFL start would be my first snap in the league. Protecting Peyton Manning, no less. No pressure, right?

My parents definitely reminded me about that before the game. You know you’re going to be blocking for a Hall of Famer?

The offensive line went through some changes after Ty Sambrailo hurt his shoulder. Ryan Harris, who usually plays at right tackle, moved to the left and I stepped into his place.

Because of that, people doubted us, especially with all the changes. That doubt just added to the pressure.

But the only way to silence the doubters is to go out there and perform.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Through-My-Eyes-Michael-Schofield-makes-first-NFL-start/1f6307d9-66bc-48ca-9409-3b9c07ae9bb6

Joel
10-07-2015, 05:20 PM
So it is a series; definitely interesting to get first hand perspective on a starters first NFL plays EVER. I like his take on protecting PFM: It's not like having Gabbert at QB makes it OK to let him get leveled. Wish I could hear more about run blocking, though I'd rather hear it from a guard (OTOH, I'm not holding my breath waiting for anyone to print a feature article authored by a guard.) These days it seems like all anyone cares about is sacks, Ints and (receiving) TDs, but if we had the NFLs average 4 yds/att rushing it would make play action and everything else MUCH easier for Manning.

Dzone
10-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Wish I could hear more about run blocking, though I'd rather hear it from a guard (OTOH, I'm not holding my breath waiting for anyone to print a feature article authored by a guard.)
I highly recommend one of the greatest football books ever written: Instant Replay- The green bay diary of jerry kramer.

Joel
10-07-2015, 08:32 PM
I highly recommend one of the greatest football books ever written: Instant Replay- The green bay diary of jerry kramer.
I realize I should, but my dad imprinted me too heavily on the Cowboys almost from birth. Thinking of Jerry Kramer instantly and invariably makes me reflexively think of Jethro Pugh and Bob Lilly, after which all I can see until regaining my senses a deep blinding red that makes reading impossible anyway.

TXBRONC
10-07-2015, 09:20 PM

One of the best pulling guards to ever play the game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2015, 08:01 AM
One of the best pulling guards to ever play the game.

University of Idaho alumni.

TXBRONC
10-08-2015, 01:05 PM
University of Idaho alumni.

He's not your common tater.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2015, 10:23 AM
He's not your common tater.

Lol, no....

The U of I is not known for football, but they have produced a few good guards over the years.

Kramer, Schlereth, and Iupati.