PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 5 (Oakland week)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Elway Access: Getting ready for the Raiders

In his weekly interview, John Elway talks about the defense making plays to win games and looks ahead to playing in Oakland.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway_Access_Getting_ready_for_the_Raiders/88842314-87eb-4b60-9404-fd4cd39dd52c

VonDoom
10-07-2015, 12:34 PM
TV maps are now up. This is the first game this year that isn't being shown on TV in my market:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=5

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m

#Broncos Cody Latimer not practicing. Injured groin in win over #vikings

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m

#Broncos Ty Sambrailo not practicing. And Louis Vasquez and Mathis watching. They have been given veterans rest days in recent weeks

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m

Del Rio acknowledged did not have close relationship w #Broncos Elway.Was business relationship.Del Rio did good things, but it ended poorly

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m

Del Rio when asked why Chris Harris didn't guard TY Hilton in playoff loss "that's in the past". He said he had moved on...#Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 23m

Del Rio said he wishes practicing against Manning would help him. "But he has seen everything" #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 27m

Del Rio said that one difference in 3-4 scheme is that DWare used differently in what asked to do

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 29m

#Raiders Jack Del Rio on #broncos defense "A great group of guys. They are playing well and having fun. Looks like all guys back healthy"

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 32s

DeMarcus Ware observing but not practicing #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m
Ty Sambrailo is out here working on side with Luke Richesson #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m

Ty Sambrailo Evan Mathis Louis Vasquez not practicing #9sports #9news

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Brandon Marshall graded as NFL's top inside linebacker http://on9news.tv/1RtUxuU
via @9News #9news #9sports

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 25s

Looks like Peyton Manning taking some practice time off per usual on Wednesday #9sports #9news

VonDoom
10-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said expects 30-35 plays from Wolfe #Broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak on OT Sambrailo (shoulder): "He's doing pretty good. ... Taking big steps forward. ... A day-to-day deal."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 58s58 seconds ago

Sambrailo is still progressing. He liked what he saw from Ryan Harris and Michael Schofield. Said Tyler Polumbus knows the system more now.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 41s41 seconds ago

Kubiak said doesn't see anything wrong with patriots rotating 8 linemen. Would like to do with #broncos at some point

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 38s39 seconds ago

Kubiak on Wolfe's return: Return only makes #Broncos better.

"We wouldn't put Derek out there if he wasn't the same he was when he left."

VonDoom
10-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 11m11 minutes ago

Manning discussing the art of the self-sack now. "Really hate to do that on 3rd down".

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

Manning said he felt like Schofield "played really well against a good front" #broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 6m6 minutes ago

#Manning: "Everybody that's in the [@NFL] -- they're there for a reason ... Mike [Schofield] did a heckuva job."

VonDoom
10-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 11m11 minutes ago

I asked Peyton Manning today about his memories of '97 Heisman, with Woodson. Made a super sour #Manningface. No good memories, he said.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 8m8 minutes ago

.@DemaryiusT: "[@CwoodsonF is] a great player; been doing it for a long time. We've just got to know where he is."

.@BossWard43: "Coach Wade is putting great game plans together and using me how I should be used."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

The Broncos worked out punter Kasey Redfern

Joel
10-07-2015, 04:00 PM
From the Easy to Say from a Couch File: Isn't the idea of veteran rest days that they know the game and the offense well enough to afford some time off now that their bodies tire faster and heal slower? Does Mathis really know our very complex offense that well after 5 weeks on the team? Additional stupid question: Colquitt's been KILLING it every game so far; why are we working out a second punter?

Otherwise, it all sounds good, including the part implying Schofield will stay on the field after our lines best performance (by far) this season.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Kubiak on memories playing Raiders
Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about some of his memories playing the Raiders and what the rivalry means today.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-on-memories-playing-Raiders/16bcef4c-581e-4fe4-8464-a0817f6bcb67

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 04:32 PM
It seems strange that they worked out a punter, as Colquitt has been punting good.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2015, 05:01 PM
TV maps are now up. This is the first game this year that isn't being shown on TV in my market:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=5

Wow, Denver is televised in Indiana and TN, presumably because of Manning.

TXBRONC
10-07-2015, 09:27 PM
It seems strange that they worked out a punter, as Colquitt has been punting good.

Maybe he's injured.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Maybe he's injured.

If so, you would have thought something would have been said locally.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Ward on conference award: 'Best week ever'
T.J. Ward talks about being named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week and how he's seen Raiders QB Derek Carr improve from his rookie season.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Ward-on-conference-award-Best-week-ever/a18d4b89-3aa1-4fa4-80d6-8c1549b42fed?utm_content=buffer6be81&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Thomas: 'It feels great to be 4-0'
Demaryius Thomas talks about facing Charles Woodson and the Broncos current streak of 13 straight road divisional wins.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas_It_feels_great_to_be_40/20ebf702-08d8-4bd1-81ac-b615043aec1e

Manning talks Raiders defense, Schofield's start
Peyton Manning talks about facing the Raiders defense and says he was impressed by OT Michael Schofield's first start in the NFL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_talks_Raiders_defense_Schofields_start/5d00b2a9-6f82-4b6b-8b4e-5636094f0429

SR
10-08-2015, 05:58 AM
If so, you would have thought something would have been said locally.

And if that were to happen, you'd be the one to see it.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2015, 01:10 PM
And if that were to happen, you'd be the one to see it.

So what, does that bother you?

SR
10-08-2015, 01:13 PM
So what, does that bother you?

Did I imply that it did?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m

Owen Daniels getting a Veterans rest day. Latimer, bolden and T. Davis watching during open media viewing period #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

Ty Sambrailo not practicing. Working on side with trainer #broncos. Mathis and Vasquez practicing after a veterans rest day

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 29m

Jack Del Rio coached most of #Broncos' current defenders, but even he says #Broncos D has gone to "next level,'' http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/15462/former-broncos-coordinator-jack-del-rio-says-the-defense-has-gone-to-next-level …

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 4h

From this A.M. -- #Broncos RB C.J. Anderson says he's been too quick to get frustrated in games -- http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/15457/broncos-c-j-anderson-takes-aim-at-overcoming-his-own-frustration …

VonDoom
10-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

Ty, Cody and Owen did not practice Kubiak said Sambrailo has made steps in right direction

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak said Sambrailo is "as close as he can be to being back out there." He worked with trainers again today.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said that if Ty healthy would start. But not sure if will be ready yet for this Sunday #broncos

Kubiak: "It's another big game, and [the @RAIDERS have] been playing well."

Kubiak said looking to get emmanuel sanders more involved #Broncos

VonDoom
10-08-2015, 02:42 PM

DeCamillis: "Going to need another big week from [@thekidmcmanus] again. The [@RAIDERS] have a talented guy back there in [Taiwan] Jones."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 19s19 seconds ago

Phillips: "We're trying to get Derek [Wolfe] ready. That decision (if he will play) will be made at the end of the week."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

Phillips: "Both [@BMarshh54 and @Grindin_59] are sure tacklers. ... They play like we want 'em to play."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 45s45 seconds ago

Dennison: "We'll keep pressing. ... Make them defend the entire field -- that's what we're trying to do."

VonDoom
10-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 3m3 minutes ago

.@DeMarcusWare: "[Ability to create on D] was there last year, but guys were trying to figure out where they fit."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 37s37 seconds ago

.@DeMarcusWare: "Some coaches throw the kitchen sink at you ... But [Coach Phillips] makes it simple for us."

VonDoom
10-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 10m10 minutes ago

From the locker room:

Q: Want to show Del Rio anything?

@BMarshh54: "... I just want to go out and prove I'm one of the best in the game."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 5m5 minutes ago

Q: Where would you rate your corners?

@ESanders_10: "No. 1. No. 1. All day."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 3m3 minutes ago

Q: Coach Kubiak wants to get you more involved this week -- what do you think?

@ESanders_10: "Good words to live by."

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 25m

I didn't know this: Wade Phillips says 5 pass rushers is a dog; six is a blitz http://on9news.tv/1LkxKR7

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos 2h

.@ChrisHarrisJr' focus for Week 5? Hint: It's not Jack Del Rio. http://dpo.st/1N2ndti

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m

If DT can't go Sunday, prepare to see a lot more of Bennie Fowler. Curious, does this make me more "skillful" with FanDual or DraftKings?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 7m

I'm told Demaryius Thomas is "iffy" for Sunday. Listed on the injury report with a neck. That neck is still sore. Update his status today.

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m

If DT can't go Sunday, prepare to see a lot more of Bennie Fowler. Curious, does this make me more "skillful" with FanDual or DraftKings?

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 7m

I'm told Demaryius Thomas is "iffy" for Sunday. Listed on the injury report with a neck. That neck is still sore. Update his status today.

I haven't seen anyone but Vic post this, but it still makes me worried. Didn't know he was dealing with anything and now he might be "iffy" for Sunday?

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 20m20 minutes ago

Cody Latimer and Evan Mathis both observing practice. Ty Sambrailo getting stretched by trainers. #Broncos

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 18m18 minutes ago

#Broncos Ty Sambrailo and Cody Latimer both sitting out practice for 3rd straight day. I wouldn't expect either to play.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 14m14 minutes ago

Sambrailo is stretching on sidelines. Evan Mathis and Omar Bolden are watching on sidelines.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I haven't seen anyone but Vic post this, but it still makes me worried. Didn't know he was dealing with anything and now he might be "iffy" for Sunday?

He did come out of the game for a while with a neck injury.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2015, 12:40 PM

I was surprised he came back in actually.

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 01:00 PM

Right, I just don't think he was limited in practice Wednesday or Thursday and I didn't even think it was a possibility he would miss Sunday. We'll see if Kubiak addresses it today.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Our passing game will probably halt without DT.

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't think they've put out the complete injury report, but based on this, DT is no worse than probable. Looks like we might see Garcia this week, though:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 34s34 seconds ago

Out: Sambrailo, Latimer. Questionable: Mathis, Fowler. All others probable.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Bennie Fowler hurt his hamstring early in practice.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Right, I just don't think he was limited in practice Wednesday or Thursday and I didn't even think it was a possibility he would miss Sunday. We'll see if Kubiak addresses it today.

This article states he was limited in practice on Wednesday.
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/broncos-wr-demaryius-thomas-neck-is-limited-in-practice/

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 01:25 PM
This article states he was limited in practice on Wednesday.
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/broncos-wr-demaryius-thomas-neck-is-limited-in-practice/

Thanks, I didn't remember anything like that. Either way, he should be probable for the game, as I posted just above

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

Fowler sore hamstring as well as Mathis but expected to play. Sambrailo is out #Broncos

Kubiak said several linemen will play Sunday including Garcia and Polumbus. Harris, Mathis both dealing w minor injuries

NightTerror218
10-09-2015, 01:28 PM
When does official injury report come out?

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 01:35 PM
When does official injury report come out?

Sometime this afternoon, I think. All the guys who might not play have been announced by now, though.

SR
10-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Pathetic. As if the offensive line didn't face enough challenges being below average, now they're getting hurt.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Here is an injury report put out on Wednesday for both the Broncos' and Raiders

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/10/7/9474199/broncos-vs-raiders-injury-report-offensive-line-nursing-some-injuries

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 47m

Kubiak said several linemen will play Sunday including Garcia and Polumbus. Harris, Mathis both dealing w minor injuries

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 47m

Fowler sore hamstring as well as Mathis but expected to play. Sambrailo is out #Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 50m

Out: Sambrailo, Latimer. Questionable: Mathis, Fowler. All others probable.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Kubiak: Sambrailo to miss second straight game
Head Coach Gary Kubiak gives the final injury report of the week and says OT Ty Sambrailo will miss his second straight game with a shoulder injury.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-Sambrailo-to-miss-second-straight-game/30e28f45-1fb1-40b6-b9cc-c1c148441f9d

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Final injury report, for those curious:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 24m

Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes was fined $17,363 for his horse collar tackle of Emmanuel Sanders last Sunday.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Mark Haas ‏@markhaastv 23m

Need to make a move to get Wolfe back on roster. No FB Casey would really show direction of offense.

Adam Caplan Verified account
‏@caplannfl

#Broncos are going to release FB James Casey, per league source.

VonDoom
10-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37s37 seconds ago

#Broncos Ty Sambrailo told me he expects to play next week. Close to healthy. But said wouldn't be helping team if not healthy this week

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

Casey became expendable when #broncos moved to pistol formation using a lot of two tight end sets Wish well. Great guy. Total pro

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

I have confirmed that #broncos will release FB James Casey to make room for DE Derek Wolfe

NightTerror218
10-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

Casey became expendable when #broncos moved to pistol formation using a lot of two tight end sets Wish well. Great guy. Total pro

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

I have confirmed that #broncos will release FB James Casey to make room for DE Derek Wolfe

Not a shocker, he has not done much. TE have been better blockers. He did not have size to be a great FB. I could see a search for a true fullback next season.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2015, 04:30 PM
James Casey released by Broncos to make room for Derek Wolfe

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28946932/james-casey-released-by-broncos-make-room-derek

TXBRONC
10-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 25m

I didn't know this: Wade Phillips says 5 pass rushers is a dog; six is a blitz http://on9news.tv/1LkxKR7

I didn't know that either I thought anything more than four was considered a blitz.

Dzone
10-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Has Del Rio called Casey yet?

Canmore
10-10-2015, 02:55 AM
I didn't know that either I thought anything more than four was considered a blitz.

It is.

tomjonesrocks
10-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Troy Renck Retweeted Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 24m Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes was fined $17,363 for his horse collar tackle of Emmanuel Sanders last Sunday.

Good. That was dirty as shit. Scary to see that.