PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see next week against the Raiders?

CrazyHorse
10-05-2015, 11:55 AM
For me:

-An interception free game from Manning. He needs to make better decisions.

-At least 100 yards rushing for a second straight week. Last week looked better but was helped by Hillman's run.

-Complete drives that don't stall out. We can't build momentum just to kick field goal.

-Getting a lead and keeping it. We need to keep the pedal on the gas.

-Overall our first complete game of the season. Hopefully a dominant thrashing of the Raiders.

NightTrainLayne
10-05-2015, 12:02 PM
A win is all I want to see. I don't care how it happens, just a win.

MasterShake
10-05-2015, 12:12 PM
I think a mistake free game from Manning would be a nice start. After that I just want to see the Raiders lose. We do not want them getting any momentum going forward. Time to claim the division in October!

Krugan
10-05-2015, 12:46 PM
The defense not on the field for what was it, 20 minutes in the first half.

just the fears i expressed early on, they are going to get beat down, even with the depth we have, its to much.

NightTerror218
10-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Wolfe wreck Havok. I think Miller will get more sacks with wolfe in lineup up

tubby
10-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Put me down for an ass kicking.

Northman
10-05-2015, 01:08 PM
For me:

-At least 100 yards rushing for a second straight week. Last week looked better but was helped by Hillman's run.

-Complete drives that don't stall out. We can't build momentum just to kick field goal.

-Overall our first complete game of the season. Hopefully a dominant thrashing of the Raiders.

I think we will win regardless so im not really worried about that part of it but i do want to see improvements like the ones you listed here.

Dzone
10-05-2015, 01:09 PM
7 sacks...If we get that we should win no matter how bad the O plays

SR
10-05-2015, 01:14 PM
All of the items in the OP are all things I'd like to see. Most importantly, I would like to see a win. And a convincing one.

slim
10-05-2015, 01:18 PM
1. A win
2. Continued improvement by the OL.

Davii
10-05-2015, 02:23 PM
A win. A win. Oh, and a win.

I'd like to see the offense make some strides and improve, but mostly, I want to see a win.

DenBronx
10-05-2015, 02:34 PM
A blowout win. We are due for that this year. If the sorry ass Bengals can do that to them then so can we.

BroncoWave
10-05-2015, 02:43 PM
"A win" is kind of a cop out answer. Of course we'd all like to see a win, that kinda goes without saying.

Specifically, the #1 thing I'd like to see, as others have mentioned, is a mistake-free game from Manning.

Second of all would be continued improvement from the o-line and by extension, the running backs.

Also, as others have said, actually finishing drives instead of settling for so many field goals.

As far as on D and special teams, just want to see them keep doing what they're doing. I expect a big bounceback week for Harris and Talib after that display this week.

dogfish
10-05-2015, 03:03 PM
we just need to drop fifty, so people can stop being so butthurt about us winning with defense. . .

Buff
10-05-2015, 03:07 PM
I hope we throw deep up by 5 scores in the 4th quarter. Bad form how Del Rio had his next job lined up - within the division - last year as we coincidentally flamed out of the playoffs in embarrassing fashion.

NightTrainLayne
10-05-2015, 03:21 PM
"A win" is kind of a cop out answer. Of course we'd all like to see a win, that kinda goes without saying.

Specifically, the #1 thing I'd like to see, as others have mentioned, is a mistake-free game from Manning.

Second of all would be continued improvement from the o-line and by extension, the running backs.

Also, as others have said, actually finishing drives instead of settling for so many field goals.

As far as on D and special teams, just want to see them keep doing what they're doing. I expect a big bounceback week for Harris and Talib after that display this week.

Against the Raiders, I don't care how it happens, I just want a win.

You can call it a cop-out. Whatever (didn't you just post today in another thread about someone being condescending?). Against a division rival, I don't care how it happens, just get the win.

BroncoWave
10-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Against the Raiders, I don't care how it happens, I just want a win.

You can call it a cop-out. Whatever (didn't you just post today in another thread about someone being condescending?). Against a division rival, I don't care how it happens, just get the win.

I just think it goes without saying that we'd all like to see a win. Not trying to rustle any jimmies. :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Step in their throats...go for it on 4th and 7 at midfield up by 4 scores with 5 minutes left in the 4th.

Joel
10-05-2015, 03:45 PM
A lot of this:

because all that would produce a lot of this:

The defense not on the field for what was it, 20 minutes in the first half.

just the fears i expressed early on, they are going to get beat down, even with the depth we have, its to much.

Training in altitude gives us a conditioning edge that continues on the road, but we're still a VERY fast but undersized D: That's what allows us aggressively quick anticipation and reflexes, but even our D can't run full throttle 60 minutes/week EVERY week. And when they run out of gas, "fast but undersized" just reduces to "undersized," so they start getting pushed around and getting to plays too late. Wade's done a good job of finding solid subs and rotating them so the starters stay fresh without much drop off while they rest, but that also only goes so far.

I'm less worried about them wearing down by the 4th qtr than by December. The demands we're far too often making of them, at the highest level of play, cause an incredibl amount of stress that becomes mentally as well as physically exhausting when sustained for months at a time. Not to mention that it's medically proven stress also wears down the immune system, leading to more injuries and other illness. The defense has helped the offense out a LOT in every game so far; it's time an offense with a HoFer, 3 All Pros and a couple more Pro Bowlers returned the favor.

BroncoWave
10-05-2015, 03:45 PM
One more thing to add to the list, I would love to see Osweiler play in this game.

WJK
10-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I'll be there in Oakland. I want to see a lot of empty seats in the 4th quarter.

Northman
10-05-2015, 03:56 PM
I'll be there in Oakland. I want to see a lot of empty seats in the 4th quarter.

I loved seeing that in 2012 when i saw Denver play the Ravens here in Baltimore. People were leaving early in the 4th quarter and i kept asking where they were going. lmao

Krugan
10-05-2015, 04:27 PM
A lot of this:

because all that would produce a lot of this:

Training in altitude gives us a conditioning edge that continues on the road, but we're still a VERY fast but undersized D: That's what allows us aggressively quick anticipation and reflexes, but even our D can't run full throttle 60 minutes/week EVERY week. And when they run out of gas, "fast but undersized" just reduces to "undersized," so they start getting pushed around and getting to plays too late. Wade's done a good job of finding solid subs and rotating them so the starters stay fresh without much drop off while they rest, but that also only goes so far.

I'm less worried about them wearing down by the 4th qtr than by December. The demands we're far too often making of them, at the highest level of play, cause an incredibl amount of stress that becomes mentally as well as physically exhausting when sustained for months at a time. Not to mention that it's medically proven stress also wears down the immune system, leading to more injuries and other illness. The defense has helped the offense out a LOT in every game so far; it's time an offense with a HoFer, 3 All Pros and a couple more Pro Bowlers returned the favor.

I was kind of intending, worn out, as in through out the season.

Its not realistic to presume the D will be great, if the offense continues to struggle with ball control.

Joel
10-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I was kind of intending, worn out, as in through out the season.

Its not realistic to presume the D will be great, if the offense continues to struggle with ball control.
Thought so, but couldn't be sure since the time frame wasn't explicit. Both apply, but one's a lot more serious, because its consequences and the difficulty of overcoming it are more enduring. It's not something an extra hour in the cold tub with another bottle of gatorade will fix; the only thing that fixes SEASON fatigue is the offseason. We've just gotta get the run game going consistently enough play-action's credible, which'll keep blitzers off Manning and LBs and safeties out of the middle long enough to exploit. And, of course, protect Manning, who must also exploit that advantage.

Hopefully the whole offense gets on the same page (perhaps literally) in the next few weeks, then the D's fully recharged by the bye: Against GB, they'll NEED to be....

TXBRONC
10-05-2015, 04:41 PM
First is a win. Everything else in the op is second.

wayninja
10-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Want to see the creamy Derek Carr Vanilla in a chocolaty Ware/Miller sammich.

You know, but in a football way.

BroncoWave
10-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Want to see the creamy Derek Carr Vanilla in a chocolaty Ware/Miller sammich.

You know, but in a football way.

Is there a place I can see that in a non-football way? Asking for a friend.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Ewh-

BroncoJoe
10-05-2015, 05:27 PM

https://bobgillis.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/oreo4.jpg

TXBRONC
10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Ewh-

Once you've read it there is NO WAY to un-see that in your mind's eye.

TXBRONC
10-05-2015, 07:48 PM

Since when can Chronic not speak for himself? :confused:

LTC Pain
10-05-2015, 07:52 PM
- Consistent offense (run and pass)

- Something dynamic on Special Teams

- More D-dominance

- Improved chemistry in the O-line

- Mistake free PM

- Hang 50+ points on there ass!

BroncoJoe
10-06-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm going to my niece's house to watch the game with her and her husband. They're Raider fans. Good grief did my brother screw her up. Last year, I sneaked into her garage and put a Broncos sticker on her rear window. Have to think of something to do this year.

GEM
10-06-2015, 03:08 PM
I want our corners to go by Del Rio, moon the guy and yell no soft coverage on this bitch anymore.

GEM
10-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Step in their throats...go for it on 4th and 7 at midfield up by 4 scores with 5 minutes left in the 4th.

Al, stepping IN their throats could have some lasting effects and be rather messy. :D

Spiritguy
10-06-2015, 03:58 PM
- Consistent offense (run and pass)

- Something dynamic on Special Teams

- More D-dominance

- Improved chemistry in the O-line

- Mistake free PM

- Hang 50+ points on there ass!

Only thing I could add to this would be to hold them to a goose egg. Just because it's the faiders.

Joel
10-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Al, stepping IN their throats could have some lasting effects and be rather messy. :D
I believe the line was "just win, baby." ;)

wayninja
10-06-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm going to my niece's house to watch the game with her and her husband. They're Raider fans. Good grief did my brother screw her up. Last year, I sneaked into her garage and put a Broncos sticker on her rear window. Have to think of something to do this year.

The only logical thing to do would be to roofie them while watching the game and tattoo the broncos logo on their foreheads.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2015, 05:37 PM

:laugh:

I guess "stepping on" wasn't graphic enough.

TXBRONC
10-06-2015, 05:46 PM
:laugh:

I guess "stepping on" wasn't graphic enough.

She attractive and graphic it works.

That is in a disturbing kind of way. :D

Joel
10-06-2015, 05:59 PM
The only logical thing to do would be to roofie them while watching the game and tattoo the broncos logo on their foreheads.
Or in; tatoos are graphics, right?

Davii
10-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Sneak inside her car and take a massive dump, then make sure to smear it everywhere. Really grind it in there.

TXBRONC
10-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Sneak inside her car and take a massive dump, then make sure to smear it everywhere. Really grind it in there.

Dang, Davii I'm not sure that's good way to promote family unity.

Davii
10-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Dang, Davii I'm not sure that's good way to promote family unity.

Family? This is bigger than family.