PDA

View Full Version : Schofield

LTC Pain
10-04-2015, 07:35 PM
How did Schofield play? On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the best.

Northman
10-04-2015, 07:40 PM

Joel
10-04-2015, 08:08 PM
In a vacuum, or for a 2nd year guy getting his first NFL snap EVER? I didn't see any major screw ups, and every time I heard his name it was because of something good (or for playing his first NFL game.) For a generic OT, I'd say that rates at least a 5; for a guy playing his first NFL GAME, on a line that was pretty awful in the first place, it rates at least a 9.

Related question: How good was Harris? When he switched to that shaky lines more challenging side, several posters openly worried Griffen would end Mannings career; instead, Harris shut him out all game.

Perhaps the biggest question: We ran AND protected Manning better without Sambrailo than with him; if he's healthy next week, does he start or not?

TXBRONC
10-04-2015, 08:10 PM

I would give him a little higher grade than that. Maybe a six.

DenBronx
10-04-2015, 08:19 PM

I would give him a little higher grade than that. Maybe a six.

Really? That's all? I would give him a 6 1/2.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Got beat like a drum by a rookie, iirc, but he was solid for the most part. He got less help than I would've have expected.

Harris turned in the type of performance we've come to expect at LT, one or two bad plays but not bad.

SoCalImport
10-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Best performance so far by the O-line, I thought. The only really bad plays I saw were by Evan Mathis. No idea what's going on with that guy. Really expected him to be better than he's been.

NightTerror218
10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Will Harris take over left tackle for the season after this?

7DnBrnc53
10-04-2015, 09:11 PM
In a vacuum, or for a 2nd year guy getting his first NFL snap EVER? I didn't see any major screw ups, and every time I heard his name it was because of something good (or for playing his first NFL game.) For a generic OT, I'd say that rates at least a 5; for a guy playing his first NFL GAME, on a line that was pretty awful in the first place, it rates at least a 9.

Related question: How good was Harris? When he switched to that shaky lines more challenging side, several posters openly worried Griffen would end Mannings career; instead, Harris shut him out all game.

Perhaps the biggest question: We ran AND protected Manning better without Sambrailo than with him; if he's healthy next week, does he start or not?

I would lean toward the negative. He is a rookie who was never supposed to play LT this year, anyway, and if we are playing better, they have to stick with it. Wasn't a proponent of drafting this kid, anyway. Wish we got Jake Fisher somehow.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Will Harris take over left tackle for the season after this?

I think Sambrailo is already better than Harris.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Btw, Harris didn't shut Griffen out at all, got beat like a drum twice that I can remember.

Joel
10-04-2015, 09:23 PM
I would lean toward the negative. He is a rookie who was never supposed to play LT this year, anyway, and if we are playing better, they have to stick with it. Wasn't a proponent of drafting this kid, anyway. Wish we got Jake Fisher somehow.
Pretty much what I'm thinking, but it's a tough call. Zimmers Vikings D isn't a bunch of stumble bums, but I'm not sure they're on the level of KC and Baltimores, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. Plus Harris is 30, has an injury history, and is only a one-year deal anyway, so Sambrailo probably needs developmental experience, especially if Clady's never himself again (or his cap hit's to big to hope he is.) But is it wise to give a rookie blindside tackler live-fire "practice" with an immobile surgically repaired HoF QB on the brink of retirement? Is it wise to throw his successor into his first starts with an inexperienced Sambrailo or however much of Clady returns next year?

There's a lot of competing priorities there, and some are mutually exclusive, but we've only got a few days before we must commit one way or the other.

Joel
10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Btw, Harris didn't shut Griffen out at all, got beat like a drum twice that I can remember.
Did he make a tackle, or break up a pass? Sincere question, 'cause I didn't see it.

TXBRONC
10-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Really? That's all? I would give him a 6 1/2.

You tend to be overly generous.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Did he make a tackle, or break up a pass? Sincere question, 'cause I didn't see it.

Had a pressure (might have even been a sack) on a sweet swim move and completely ate Harris' lunch on a tackle for loss.

Joel
10-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Had a pressure (might have even been a sack) on a sweet swim move and completely ate Harris' lunch on a tackle for loss.
Elias credits Kendrick and Robison with Minnesotas sacks, but fair enough then, thanks. Even Clady at his best occasionally got beat by good rushers though, and Harris also joined Daniels sealing the edge on Hillmans TD run, so I'd say he was also at least average for a starting LT. At least he didn't MAKE the tackle for loss, as Sambrailo did receiving the injury that benched him. What that means for next week only Kubiak, Dennison and the trainers know (and even they may not be certain until a few more days of practice.)

Simple Jaded
10-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Harris blocked the shit outta someone on Hillman's TD.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Elias credits Kendrick and Robison with Minnesotas sacks, but fair enough then, thanks. Even Clady at his best occasionally got beat by good rushers though, and Harris also joined Daniels sealing the edge on Hillmans TD run, so I'd say he was also at least average for a starting LT. At least he didn't MAKE the tackle for loss, as Sambrailo did receiving the injury that benched him. What that means for next week only Kubiak, Dennison and the trainers know (and even they may not be certain until a few more days of practice.)
Just watched it again, it was on Roberson's sack, Griffen abused Harris and got passed a late block by Mathis on his way to the QB. Both DE's got to Manning, Roberson just got there a split second sooner.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2015, 11:44 PM
His number wasn't called much, but let's keep it in perspective. We played with 2 TE's a lot tonight. Green spent the entire day blocking.

Joel
10-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Harris blocked the shit outta someone on Hillman's TD.

Just watched it again, it was on Roberson's sack, Griffen abused Harris and got passed a late block by Mathis on his way to the QB. Both DE's got to Manning, Roberson just got there a split second sooner.

Well, there you go then: I'll trade an almost-sack (especially when someone else got the QB ANYWAY; not like Harris could've saved him) for a 70+ yd TD run twice on Sunday. Sure beats tackling our own RB for a loss and getting hurt doing it. It's a tough call, because Samrailo needs real game experience, but I'm increasingly inclined to say, "this is by far the lines best game to date; don't screw with it."

Mike
10-05-2015, 09:14 AM
He was better at RT than Harris. Harris played ok at LT, but not as good as Sambrialo.

GEM
10-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was expecting Manning to be under crazy pressure from that side from what we've heard about him so far. Much better outing than I expected.

NightTerror218
10-05-2015, 09:51 AM
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I was expecting Manning to be under crazy pressure from that side from what we've heard about him so far. Much better outing than I expected.

There was no elite pass rusher this game unlike the previous games. Suggs and Hali.

GEM
10-05-2015, 11:13 AM
There was no elite pass rusher this game unlike the previous games. Suggs and Hali.

Even so....all we have heard is how bad he is, he can't crack the starting lineup...much better for him to get his first start against a team without that and let him get some snaps. He looked much better than I expected.

dogfish
10-05-2015, 03:06 PM
no one died, so that was good. . .

Buff
10-05-2015, 03:16 PM
If we would have had to insert Polumbus for him at any point, then his short career would be over today. Instead he gets to collect some more game checks, so good for him maybe?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2015, 04:48 PM
If we would have had to insert Polumbus for him at any point, then his short career would be over today. Instead he gets to collect some more game checks, so good for him maybe?

You're a beacon of hope.

TXBRONC
10-05-2015, 04:52 PM
You're a beacon of hope.

Lets not go crazy with hyperbole Al. :D

LTC Pain
10-05-2015, 07:31 PM
MHR indicates Schofield got a game ball for his effort. Build on it Mr. Schofield :)

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/10/5/9456419/broncos-vikings-game-balls-for-ronnie-hillman-michael-schofield-and

TXBRONC
10-05-2015, 07:44 PM
no one died, so that was good. . .

Vikings fans died a little.

dogfish
10-06-2015, 12:51 AM
Vikings fans died a little.

yea, well, that's okay. . . no one cares about them. . . i meant no one important. . .

:D