PDA

View Full Version : Charles Johnson out against Broncos

Ravage!!!
10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
http://www.vikings.com/team/injury-report.html

Never a bad thing when their top WR is out against our team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2015, 11:21 AM
That should mean a lot of stacked boxes because they don't have much depth there.

BroncoWave
10-03-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't know how much this really changes in terms of how we play defense. We were gonna have Talib playing their top WR in single coverage either way, so while this does make his job easier, I don't think it really changes much that we will be doing defensively.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't know how much this really changes in terms of how we play defense. We were gonna have Talib playing their top WR in single coverage either way, so while this does make his job easier, I don't think it really changes much that we will be doing defensively.

Agreed, I should have clarified I already thought we would stack the box prior to the injury.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2015, 11:36 AM
It does make it easier though. You can change your coverages to have those corners closer to the LoS when the #3 guy is starting.

SR
10-03-2015, 12:00 PM
He's hardly a top receiver. Dude hasn't done shit this year and it won't change anything. They'd be stacking the box anyway even if he was playing just because of AP.

BroncoWave
10-03-2015, 12:09 PM
He's hardly a top receiver. Dude hasn't done shit this year and it won't change anything. They'd be stacking the box anyway even if he was playing just because of AP.

Kinda my thoughts as well. I've never even heard of the guy.

SR
10-03-2015, 12:40 PM

I have him on my bench in a couple fantasy leagues but he hasn't done a damn thing yet this year. No one MN has is any kind of matchup problem EXCEPT AP, but I think Denver will keep him under 100 yards.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-03-2015, 02:06 PM
I have him on my bench in a couple fantasy leagues but he hasn't done a damn thing yet this year. No one MN has is any kind of matchup problem EXCEPT AP, but I think Denver will keep him under 100 yards.

I think he'll be shut down most of the day, but will have a few big plays.

Timmy!
10-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Min has a couple pretty good TEs and Wallace but that's about it (other than AP of course.) However their defense is physical, and we haven't faced a mobile QB like Bridgewater yet. This one has me worried, but I think Broncos pull out a close one thanks to the Broncos Forums members in attendance drunkingly yelling thier lungs out all game.

VonDoom
10-04-2015, 08:18 AM

Agreed. I couldn't have even told you who their top receiver was. Our game plan was always going to be about stopping Peterson and it still is.

nevcraw
10-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Wallace is best receiver on team but by far that won't matter if they get AP running...

tripp
10-04-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't know much about Charles, I do know Wallace is a huge deep threat, and Patterson isn't a bad receiver either, looks like they have a good receiving corps and an all world RB. I think this game is going to be a lot closer than some think.

SR
10-04-2015, 03:15 PM
I don't know much about Charles, I do know Wallace is a huge deep threat, and Patterson isn't a bad receiver either, looks like they have a good receiving corps and an all world RB. I think this game is going to be a lot closer than some think.

Talib can hang with Wallace downfield

Timmy!
10-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Min has a couple pretty good TEs and Wallace but that's about it (other than AP of course.) However their defense is physical, and we haven't faced a mobile QB like Bridgewater yet. This one has me worried, but I think Broncos pull out a close one thanks to the Broncos Forums members in attendance drunkingly yelling thier lungs out all game.

#nostratimmy

VonDoom
10-04-2015, 10:01 PM
That rookie they had, Diggs, I think? He was pretty good. Our DB's had a bad game overall, to be honest.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2015, 11:50 PM
That rookie they had, Diggs, I think? He was pretty good. Our DB's had a bad game overall, to be honest.

We're just not use to seeing completions down the field, but the still didn't have a receiver hit 90 yards. So, it's not like they got torched.

Joel
10-05-2015, 01:54 AM
They did, yeah; felt bad for my favorite Bronco, 'cause they clearly had Harris' number, and Roby wasn't much better. In the gameday thread, Jaded asked why all our CBs were playing so far off, and I still can't figure out an answer. Wallaces speed, OK, but what about everyone else? I'm not a big bump and run fan, because it's too easy for guys to get deep if they beat the jam, but that's how the game's played now that WRs can be mugged the first 5 yds yet become untouchable thereafter. We needed that yesterday, and almost lost without it, as good as the rest of the D played.

Bruton gave up a big play, and Ward really bailed Minnesota out with that offside when we had them pinned inside their 5; not sure that's a 95 yd TD drive without that penalty. Then again, with the way we kept playing back and letting them hit 3rd and a mile, maybe it would've been, and Ward did redeem himself big time by the end.

As for Diggs, he had some nice catches, but also got lucky BOTH his fumbles died right next to where he was on the ground, with none of our guys close enough to fall on it before he reached out an arm. Made me think this would be our first game without a defensive turnover; glad I was only ALMOST right.