PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Ware named AFC Defensive Player of the Month

VonDoom
10-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Congrats to him - it's certainly well deserved.

The conference defensive player of the month recognition is the first in Ware’s 11 seasons and the 10th monthly accolade in Broncos history since the award was initiated in 1986.

An essential cog in the Broncos defense, Ware has helped lead the NFL’s No.1-ranked defense (259.0 ypg) in September as he tied for first in the AFC and ranked second in the NFL with 3.5 sacks.

Ware is the only player in the league to post a sack in each game this season, pushing him past Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker Ricky Jackson for 13th place on the NFL’s all-time list (130.5 career sacks).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/DeMarcus-Ware-named-AFC-Defensive-Player-of-the-Month/913d895d-3ef3-499d-a887-1b7827165e95

Davii
10-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Great job by Ware! He's been balling so far this season, it's obvious he loves Wade's schemes.

GEM
10-01-2015, 10:29 AM
He looks like he's got a couple years in the tank in this defense. Last year I was a bit worried that he was done, but this defense seems to have him rejuvenated. :D

SR
10-01-2015, 10:38 AM
He looks like he's got a couple years in the tank in this defense. Last year I was a bit worried that he was done, but this defense seems to have him rejuvenated. :D

Ware is and has always been built for the 3-4. If he's playing like this now and stays healthy there's no reason to think he couldn't play at least a couple more years.

Ziggy
10-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Ware looks like lightning in a bottle coming off of the corner. I think the guy turned back the page about 10 years. I like the way Wade is using Ray and Shaq to keep him fresh at the end of games as well. It will pay off in December and January.

TXBRONC
10-01-2015, 01:18 PM

Last season he and Miller ran out of gas. Denver had that early bye-week and I was concerned the team would wear down.

SoCalImport
10-01-2015, 01:41 PM
yep. the scheme and the depth this year are helping him look like the Ware of 4 years ago, hopefully for 16 more games.

TXBRONC
10-01-2015, 01:58 PM
He has been absolutely terrific the first three weeks of the season. Miller hasn't bad either and it's just a matter of time before he starts getting his.

VonDoom
10-01-2015, 02:25 PM
He has been absolutely terrific the first three weeks of the season. Miller hasn't bad either and it's just a matter of time before he starts getting his.

Teams seem to be double teaming Von more than Ware. Von is still high up there in QB pressures (can't find the exact stat) and more attention him means less for others, including Ware. That has been to our benefit so far. If they leave Von one on one, he will make them pay.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-01-2015, 02:38 PM
If he keeps playing like this he will be a candidate for another DMVP.

NightTerror218
10-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Teams seem to be double teaming Von more than Ware. Von is still high up there in QB pressures (can't find the exact stat) and more attention him means less for others, including Ware. That has been to our benefit so far. If they leave Von one on one, he will make them pay.

Ware was #1 in QB pressure and Miller was #4. Miller is double teamed a lot. I noticed a lot of RB or TE also helping with Miller which takes 1 person out of the as for receiving action or screens.

BroncoJoe
10-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't understand how they rank/rate people like OL/DL/LB, etc., but I heard on the radio after the Lions' game that Von is the #1 rated defensive player, despite his lack of sacks.

TXBRONC
10-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Eventually though Miller is going start getting sacks. He one against the Lions but it was taken away because of penalty.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't understand how they rank/rate people like OL/DL/LB, etc., but I heard on the radio after the Lions' game that Von is the #1 rated defensive player, despite his lack of sacks.

He didn't have a single sack or tackle, but he caused havoc the whole game.

SR
10-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Eventually though Miller is going start getting sacks. He one against the Lions but it was taken away because of penalty.

He physically didn't even touch Stafford on that play either. Missed by about a foot it seemed.