PDA

View Full Version : Bibbs Scenario

GEM
09-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Dmac and Big Al having a very interesting conversation right now. Since Juwan Thompson is injured bring up Kapri Bibbs who do you cut? Knowing you have Derek Wolfe coming back in a week. First thought, Annunike to ir. Big al says Simion gone, Mac says no way, schofield to practice squad. Bolden came up, Latimer came up. What do you all think?

Dzone
09-28-2015, 08:07 PM
So can Bibbs be activated for a few games in place of Thompson and then go back to the practice squad? Or does he have to stay on the active roster until he gets cut? Not sure how that works, but Bibbs sure played good in that last preseason game and would love to see what he can do in a real game.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 08:28 PM
I think they should be shot if they cut any WR over Caldwell and Norwood, especially a 2nd round draft pick who played just fine Osweiler. Caldwell and Norwood are useless.

If Anunike is IRed he needs to be replaced with a DE, imo, their depth gets scary if there's an injury.

Btw, I really get the feeling that there's something going on with Latimer that Big Al knows and isn't willing to talk about, and I think his source is John Elway.

spikerman
09-28-2015, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure they'll do anything, but Latimer should be nervous as the (apparently) 6th WR.

Joel
09-28-2015, 08:30 PM
First off, we have all of THREE OTs on the roster, so no, I don't want to PS Schofield; my heart was in my throat when Sambrailo tackled Anderson for a 2 yd gain Sunday and came up rubbing his elbow.

Second: Is bringing up Bibbs a done deal, or is this still speculative?

I don't want to lose Bolden either; he's a decent kick returner, safety and STer with CB experience from his first season and college, so I don't want to give up serviceable depth at that many positions. Especially not until I see Webster in games again or Doss having the kind of games Talib, Harris and Roby have; we need someone to play dime, and play nickel if there are any more injuries.

Latimer's not an awful choice, but we might not be able to keep a former 2nd rounder on the bench, even one increasingly looking like a bust.

Of all choices listed, I agree Anunike looks best, especially with Wolfe returning in 60:00 and Smith and Walker both playing well in the interim. Also, even after adding 15 lbs. this offseason (if I correctly recall what I read then) Anunike at 275 is still a bit light for a prototypical 3-4 DE. Fine for a 4-3 LDE, and definitely for 4-3 RDE (where he was better off at his old weight,) but on a three-man line in a front seven whose ILBs already give up more mass than I'd like vs. most offenses, I'm really dubious of Anunike. Even if we didn't already have a great DE and two fairly good ones, with a 4th returning whose best of all.

My question is: Is PSing Anunike an option, just in case (heaven forbid) we NEED to call him up due to a slew of injuries later, or is it IR or nothing?

Slick
09-28-2015, 08:33 PM
I think they should be shot if they cut any WR over Caldwell and Norwood, especially a 2nd round draft pick who played just fine Osweiler. Caldwell and Norwood are useless.

If Anunike is IRed he needs to be replaced with a DE, imo, their depth gets scary if there's an injury.

Btw, I really get the feeling that there's something going on with Latimer that Big Al knows and isn't willing to talk about, and I think his source is John Elway.

What do you think is going on with Lattimer?

GEM
09-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Joel, it was just sports talk radio on my way home from work. All speculation.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 08:57 PM

I think he's in deep shit, ****ers won't elaborate on an off-air discussion they had.

It's absolutely inconceivable to me that they'd cut Latimer and keep the dead weight at WR, but it's apparently a real possibility.

Davii
09-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Did I miss something with Anunike? I thought he was working his way back and practicing?

GEM
09-28-2015, 09:12 PM
He must not be 100%. They said Broncos arevdeep enough to allow him time to really heal.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Did I miss something with Anunike? I thought he was working his way back and practicing?

Good question, I don't think there's been anything new.

He might be a candidate to give up his roster spot to Wolfe once he's reinstated, like GEM said, this is all Big Al and Dmac speculating.

Slick
09-28-2015, 09:15 PM
I think he's in deep shit, ****ers won't elaborate on an off-air discussion they had.

It's absolutely inconceivable to me that they'd cut Latimer and keep the dead weight at WR, but it's apparently a real possibility.

I don't watch pre season so I've really never even seen the kid play. Based on the fact that he's not playing ahead of the other guys, I have to agree with you and Spike. If they need to call Bibbs up, he's in deep shit.

underrated29
09-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Cut the fb who we don't use anymore.
Cut Lorenzo doss? Andre Caldwell, or Jordan Norwood.

Simian stays. Anninike stays. Latimer steps it up. He's pissed off the staff somehow, he can catch and I like him

Slick
09-28-2015, 09:19 PM

Simian stays. Anninike stays. Latimer steps it up. He's pissed off the staff somehow, he can catch and I like him

Good point. Has Casey even played?

GEM
09-28-2015, 09:20 PM
I Lao at Big Al saying Simian gone. Dude can reallly be clueless.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 09:21 PM
I don't watch pre season so I've really never even seen the kid play. Based on the fact that he's not playing ahead of the other guys, I have to agree with you and Spike. If they need to call Bibbs up, he's in deep shit.

You really didn't miss much, to be honest.

He's looked great in 2 training camps, during games he's looked fine with Osweiler and borderline ignored with Manning.

Slick
09-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Do you guys yell in your car when you hear something stupid on talk radio?

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 09:23 PM
I Lao at Big Al saying Simian gone. Dude can reallly be clueless.

Did they mention IR or PUP as a possibility or just flat out cut?

underrated29
09-28-2015, 09:25 PM

I don't recall seeing him since we have moved to a blend of manning and kubes with the pistol......but he may have played? Do you recall seeing him?

Slick
09-28-2015, 09:26 PM
I don't recall seeing him since we have moved to a blend of manning and kubes with the pistol......but he may have played? Do you recall seeing him?

I think I heard his name once in the opener now that you mention it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Dmac and Big Al having a very interesting conversation right now. Since Juwan Thompson is injured bring up Kapri Bibbs who do you cut? Knowing you have Derek Wolfe coming back in a week. First thought, Annunike to ir. Big al says Simion gone, Mac says no way, schofield to practice squad. Bolden came up, Latimer came up. What do you all think?
You listen to D-bag and Big A-hole? Gem, I'm not sure how to process that.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 09:35 PM
Casey was inactive this week and wasn't playing much anyway. There's also a dime-o-dozen TE eating up a roster spot.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 09:36 PM

I listen to Kreckman, he's great, then Big Al and Dmac rewind after Kreckman is done.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I listen to Kreckman, he's great, then Big Al and Dmac rewind after Kreckman is done.

Douche bag and big a hole are shock jocks. I can't stand em.

Joel
09-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Yeah, he's lined up in the backfield as a FB (which was the plan) several times the first two games. Much good it did. Hard to imagine Kubiak dumping the ONLY FB he's got though. What I really don't get is why someone who values FBs so (relatively) highly converted a TE when so few OTHER people value FBs that there's very little demand for them: I'd have thought he'd almost have had his pick of guys with plenty of training and experience to do the job already, and if there's one thing our run game DIDN'T need it was yet another blocker who needs to be coached up. I realize TE~FB, but FB=FB, and costs less.

GEM
09-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Did they mention IR or PUP as a possibility or just flat out cut?

Big Al said Simion cut. Dmac said he's crazy. They said Annunike to IR.

GEM
09-28-2015, 10:04 PM

I go between both local stations. Whichever one is more interesting.

Slick
09-28-2015, 10:06 PM
Yeah, he's lined up in the backfield as a FB (which was the plan) several times the first two games. Much good it did. Hard to imagine Kubiak dumping the ONLY FB he's got though. What I really don't get is why someone who values FBs so (relatively) highly converted a TE when so few OTHER people value FBs that there's very little demand for them: I'd have thought he'd almost have had his pick of guys with plenty of training and experience to do the job already, and if there's one thing our run game DIDN'T need it was yet another blocker who needs to be coached up. I realize TE~FB, but FB=FB, and costs less.

Doesn't look like we'll see much more of Casey unless Danies or Green go down. I agree with your point about the FB. Sign a bull dozer if your going to use the roster spot.

Dzone
09-28-2015, 10:06 PM
He's a bust. Not sure where I heard the kid just doesnt really care. Is on his cell phone most of the time. Terrible draft pick.

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2015, 10:40 PM
He's a bust. Not sure where I heard the kid just doesnt really care. Is on his cell phone most of the time. Terrible draft pick.

Latimer is an entitled piece of garbage. Thinks it should all be given to him. Just cut that guy and be done with it.

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2015, 10:42 PM

Latimer suck.Just cut that guy and be done with it.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 10:51 PM

He's better at everything than Caldwell and at least better on ST's than Norwood, why wouldn't you just dump one of them?

Joel
09-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Doesn't look like we'll see much more of Casey unless Danies or Green go down. I agree with your point about the FB. Sign a bull dozer if your going to use the roster spot.

We could always use a FB out of pistol, and it couldn't hurt protection on passes, but yeah, not holding my breath on that one either. But FBs are rapidly going the way of the dodo yet there remain plenty of good ones who'd rather continue collecting 6- and 7-figure salaries than learn how to stock shelves: It can't be that hard to find a good one for a relatively small cap hit. Especially when the alternative is squeezing in a subpar player at a position where demand's skyrocketing as fast as FB demand's plummeting. I'm not sure a below average TE's not more expensive than a good FB anymore:

I know which I'd prefer AT FB though.

Joel
09-28-2015, 10:57 PM

Screw that, he's a very talented 2nd rounder from just 2 years ago: Trade him for a decent OT from someone who thinks they can salvage him (and could be right.) We could eat crow if he develops some interest in his profession and turns into a Pro Bowler in a few years, but if that happens after we WAIVE him it'll look even worse, and we'll have nada to show for a 2nd round pick.

Dzone
09-28-2015, 10:59 PM
He's better at everything than Caldwell and at least better on ST's than Norwood, why wouldn't you just dump one of them?
Is Latimer better than Caldwell? Fowler caught 4, Norwood had 3 and caldwell caught 1. Unless Latimer is a beast on ST, he needs to pack his bags and go.

Dzone
09-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Screw that, he's a very talented 2nd rounder from just 2 years ago: Trade him for a decent OT from someone who thinks they can salvage him (and could be right.) We could eat crow if he develops some interest in his profession and turns into a Pro Bowler in a few years, but if that happens after we WAIVE him it'll look even worse, and we'll have nada to show for a 2nd round pick.
This franchise sucks at second round picks, havent you heard?

Joel
09-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Is Latimer better than Caldwell? Fowler caught 4, Norwood had 3 and caldwell caught 1. Unless Latimer is a beast on ST, he needs to pack his bags and go.

They kept saying Kubes told them before the game that all our WRs would play, and all but ONE did. If I'm Latimer, I'm worried what happens between now and Sunday.

Dapper Dan
09-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Latimer is an entitled piece of garbage. Thinks it should all be given to him....

He said the same thing about you.

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 11:26 PM

I'm better than Caldwell.

Ziggy
09-29-2015, 12:07 AM

Yeah, our second round pick this season is a real scrub. That guy will never play in the NFL.

Joel
09-29-2015, 01:54 AM
We had 11 in the last 8 years and cut 7 (maybe 8 soon,) 3 of whom were out of the league after a few years. The 3 exceptions are Sambrailo (a rookie, so who knows?) Oz (a 4-year benchwarmer, so who knows?) Wolfe (who's played great but missed most of 2013 thanks to a preseason Seahawk spear to his spine causing a still-undiagnosed condition that may threaten his LIFE, and is now suspended 4 games for PEDs) and finally Latimer. In '08 and we at least we got some decent play and eventually another pick from Royal, then waiver wire rejects till D-Will in '05, then more of the same till Portis back in '02.

18 2nd rounders netted 1 All Pro, 1 one-time Pro Bowler, 1-2 more starters, 1-2 question marks, Latimer and 13 bonafide busts. 13/18 2nd rounders were busts. Moore and Franklin are the picks of the litter; at least they managed to not only stay on SOME roster >2-3 years, but keep starting jobs longer. I hope for our sake Brock Questionmark works out, and for his that rookie #19 does, too.

Yeah, our second round pick this season is a real scrub. That guy will never play in the NFL.

Once Clady went down for the season it was him, Schofield, the guy from the PS or whatever FA we could afford; proves little. Sambrailo's a rookie, so we'll see what he is in a few years.

dogfish
09-29-2015, 01:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXveP7juqko

TXBRONC
09-29-2015, 04:41 AM
He must not be 100%. They said Broncos arevdeep enough to allow him time to really heal.

I think could designate Anunike for IR to return but then again the same problem arise when he eligible to return someone else has to be cut lose.

Joel
09-29-2015, 04:48 AM
I think could designate Anunike for IR to return but then again the same problem arise when he eligible to return someone else has to be cut lose.

Thought about that, but then you get into that whole "do we really NEED this guy enough to risk losing our LONE return designated IR spot if someone CRITICAL gets a major but non-season-ending injury?"

For an undersized #4-5 DE in a scheme where DEs are role players rather than anchors, I must believe the answer is "no." I bet Dallas wishes they still had the return-designated spot for Romo, but they needed it for Bryant; we don't need Anunike like that. If we were getting down to the wire for the return period (like with Moore a few years ago) then maybe, but not in Week 4. Too many key players could get hurt in too many games in the next couple months.

TXBRONC
09-29-2015, 05:12 AM
Big Al said Simion cut. Dmac said he's crazy. They said Annunike to IR.

Dmac is right. Cutting Siemian would be crazy. Honestly I think it's down right stupid.

VonDoom
09-29-2015, 06:32 AM
Unless something has changed with Anunike, I don't see them putting him on IR. Maybe there's more to the injury behind the scenes or they'll "stash" him there (I believe we did this to McCray once recently).

As for our second round draft curse, even if Sambrailo turns out to be an average tackle, he's already better at his position than Ball or seemingly Latimer. Maybe being pressed into service immediately at a key position helped him out?

Northman
09-29-2015, 06:45 AM

Considering Norwood has actually gotten playing time i doubt that Latimer stays over the very least of Norwood. If Latimer hasnt done anything to this point to outplay guys like Norwood or Caldwell i seriously doubt he is magically going to show something. :lol:

VonDoom
09-29-2015, 06:58 AM
Considering Norwood has actually gotten playing time i doubt that Latimer stays over the very least of Norwood. If Latimer hasnt done anything to this point to outplay guys like Norwood or Caldwell i seriously doubt he is magically going to show something. :lol:

I just don't see them giving up on a second rounder just yet. If anything, they'll cut him in next year's roster cuts, a la Ball:lol:

chazoe60
09-29-2015, 07:38 AM

Latimer is the deadest of all that weight. Why are you so hung up on giving this dude any snaps if he hasn't earned them? You of all people, who hated that the Broncos have snaps to Tebow over Orton wants to give some guy snaps who doesn't deserve them? Weird.

TXBRONC
09-29-2015, 07:48 AM
I just don't see them giving up on a second rounder just yet. If anything, they'll cut him in next year's roster cuts, a la Ball:lol:

Yeah I don't see that happening this year.

Joel
09-29-2015, 12:06 PM

I'd like to use him as trade bait because of precisely that logic: Both parts; teams reluctant to "give up on a second rounder just yet" and less familiar with him first hand might offer a decent player (or replacement pick) to fill a need, but even if they don't, almost anything would net more than simply CUTTING him next year when his invisibility makes his underperformance more obvious to everyone.

MOtorboat
09-29-2015, 12:16 PM
I'd like to use him as trade bait because of precisely that logic: Both parts; teams reluctant to "give up on a second rounder just yet" and less familiar with him first hand might offer a decent player (or replacement pick) to fill a need, but even if they don't, almost anything would net more than simply CUTTING him next year when his invisibility makes his underperformance more obvious to everyone.

An All-Pro defensive end just netted a sixth round pick and you think a seventh-string wide receiver who two coaching staffs have put at the bottom of the depth chart is going to net a decent left tackle or anything more than a jockstrap?

Um, OK.

MOtorboat
09-29-2015, 12:19 PM

He can't get on the field. A couple of catches against guys not playing in the NFL doesn't really mean he's all that talented. Seems like a complete waste if Norwood beats him out for fourth string.

MOtorboat
09-29-2015, 12:20 PM

Wouldn't Bibbs be the logical roster replacement? Makes sense to me.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2015, 12:24 PM
An All-Pro defensive end just netted a sixth round pick and you think a seventh-string wide receiver who two coaching staffs have put at the bottom of the depth chart is going to net a decent left tackle or anything more than a jockstrap?

Um, OK.

Well, we got a pick for Tebow, didn't we?

MOtorboat
09-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Well, we got a pick for Tebow, didn't we?

Good point. We fleeced the Jets.

Joel
09-29-2015, 12:31 PM

Um, OK.
Yeah, but the Bears do moronic things, so that's not represenative of the NFL. And the same old "better a little of something than a lot of nothing" logic for guys on the waiver bubble applies IF we are on the brink of cutting Latimer at seasons end. Also I didn't specify LEFT tackle; right now, all we've got if EITHER starter misses even a down is Schofield. Oh, and ONE guy on the PS.

If Elway and Co. still think they can salvage Latimer, that's one thing, but if he's halfway out the door, let's shop him for whatever we can (as opposed to just a roster spot) before that's glaringly obvious.

I do think the combo of FA and the rookie cap has laughably overinflated picks and equally deflated flesh and blood players in midseason trades. A 6th for an All Pro was nearer the mark than that absurd Tebow trade. Were I an NFL GM, I'd wait till Opening Day, then semiannually trade away all the next two seasons picks for a dozen or more starters and laugh all the way to a dynasty built on a score of Pro Bowlers with signing bonuses paid by everyone BUT me. Maybe that's why I'm NOT a GM, but the "inversely disproportional" disparity between midseason player/pick value cries out for Cowboys/Vikings exploitation.

Northman
09-29-2015, 12:37 PM
We got a pick for Tebow because he actually in regular season/post season games. Latimer hasnt shown anything. lol

Joel
09-29-2015, 12:47 PM
We got a pick for Tebow because he actually in regular season/post season games. Latimer hasnt shown anything. lol

Even for a young guy with a season of starts, even at QB, a 4th for a dubious project like Tebow was overpaying. But if Latimer's gone soon anyway, let's get as much as we can before everyone knows that.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2015, 12:54 PM

He hasn't played. Maybe we're keeping him hidden because we don't want teams to know he sucks. Surely there's some team that thinks they're smart and thinks they can do something with him.

underrated29
09-29-2015, 01:02 PM
He can't get on the field. A couple of catches against guys not playing in the NFL doesn't really mean he's all that talented. Seems like a complete waste if Norwood beats him out for fourth string.

This is 100% accurate. But I have seen Cody block. I have seen him go up and make a few catches that I thought had zero chance of even being close. He sounds like a lazy MFr....like that guy shanny picked up from the panthers years ago.....Keary Colbert. Talented but lazy. I saw the same sorts of things from Bennie Fowler 2 years ago in TC- (and before any of you Aholes try to jump in and say I didnt or whatever- I happen to have the tweets to prove it and I can access those easily since I never tweet). Bennie is now starting to make a little action. I would like to see a guy like Fowler or Latimer in the Slot. I am not sure why everyone automatically thinks a slot guy has to be a small fast guy.....Sure, edelman and welker stand out, but Stevie Johnson is a 1k slot wr and he is balling in San Diego. Decker worked well in the slot in NY and here from time to time.

I am not saying Cody is or will be some amazing player but to me he has shown enough of some special traits that I think throwing him out there in place of norwood or lorenzo doss or the FB whom we no longer use may be worth the look....Or one of our 4 tes whom also do nothing aside from special teams which latimer does too.

Joel
09-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm not a draftnik, but, when I read the scouting archives of those who are, "talented but unmotivated, has stellar games and invisible ones" is Fowlers recurring theme. Maybe going undrafted and having to EARN a spot just to make the pros lit a fire under him the way being a 2nd round pick didn't for Latimer. If he's that good a blocker, maybe he can gain a little weight and be the JT replacement so many people are screaming for (except, y'know: He BLOCKS) if Green never is.

I dunno what the deal is with Latimer, but one thing I do know: With stuff like the DP posting this an hour ago, it may remain a MYSTERY, but won't be a SECRET outside Denver much longer: http://www.denverpost.com/knowthis/ci_28894764/what-will-denver-broncos-do-cody-latimer

Dapper Dan
09-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I'm not a draftnik, but when I read the scouting archives of those who are "talented but unmotivated, has stellar games and invisible ones" is Fowlers recurring theme. Maybe going undrafted and having to EARN a spot just to make the pros lit a fire under him the way being a 2nd round pick didn't for Latimer. If he's that good a blocker, maybe he can gain a little weight and be the JT replacement so many people are screaming for (except, y'know: He BLOCKS) if Green never is.

I dunno what the deal is with Latimer, but one thing I do know: With stuff like the DP posting this an hour ago, it may remain a MYSTERY, but won't be a SECRET outside Denver much longer: http://www.denverpost.com/knowthis/ci_28894764/what-will-denver-broncos-do-cody-latimer

:lol: I thought you were describing Latimer.

Joel
09-29-2015, 01:53 PM
:lol: I thought you were describing Latimer.
I was, except for the first two sentences. If ur's right Latimer makes good blocks and catches, but literally ALL other WRs are beating him out on the depth chart, maybe our 6'2" 215 lb. 2nd round pick with the 4.4 40 can bulk up a little and be JT II. Wide receivers and TEs are interchangeable now anyway, right? :rolleyes: It currently looks like Fowler and Latimer have swapped their draft day roles: Talented unmotivated underachiever and rising potential star.

For what it's worth, our coaches' comments in that DP article (team-friendly though local media usually is) describe Latimer as the exact opposite of an unmotivated player as likely to make an amazing play as disappear: Their version sounds like urs, saying he's practing well, committed and hardworking, so "he'll get his chance," then they trot out the old standby about DT and Sanders playing too well to bench them just so Latimer can get on the field ("he's the next Jerry Rice, but we have 15 of those, and the rules only allow 11 on the field at a time." ;))

Trouble is, as the DP notes, EVERYONE's higher on the depth chart and everyone ELSE played Sunday. Something doesn't add up there, but I'm way too sleepy to win at "spot the BS" right now.

TXBRONC
09-29-2015, 01:57 PM
This is 100% accurate. But I have seen Cody block. I have seen him go up and make a few catches that I thought had zero chance of even being close. He sounds like a lazy MFr....like that guy shanny picked up from the panthers years ago.....Keary Colbert. Talented but lazy. I saw the same sorts of things from Bennie Fowler 2 years ago in TC- (and before any of you Aholes try to jump in and say I didnt or whatever- I happen to have the tweets to prove it and I can access those easily since I never tweet). Bennie is now starting to make a little action. I would like to see a guy like Fowler or Latimer in the Slot. I am not sure why everyone automatically thinks a slot guy has to be a small fast guy.....Sure, edelman and welker stand out, but Stevie Johnson is a 1k slot wr and he is balling in San Diego. Decker worked well in the slot in NY and here from time to time.

I am not saying Cody is or will be some amazing player but to me he has shown enough of some special traits that I think throwing him out there in place of norwood or lorenzo doss or the FB whom we no longer use may be worth the look....Or one of our 4 tes whom also do nothing aside from special teams which latimer does too.

Watch who you call an a-hole bub. :D

underrated29
09-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Watch who you call an a-hole bub. :D

Sorry, Mr. A-hole?
:drum:

Northman
09-29-2015, 02:05 PM
He hasn't played. Maybe we're keeping him hidden because we don't want teams to know he sucks. Surely there's some team that thinks they're smart and thinks they can do something with him.

Highly doubtful.

Northman
09-29-2015, 02:07 PM

So what is it you are seeing that real coaches and GM's dont? Furthermore, if he's not an amazing player than those kinds of guys are a dime a dozen and can be picked back up anytime.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Highly doubtful.

Joel
09-29-2015, 02:14 PM
So what is it you are seeing that real coaches and GM's dont? Furthermore, if he's not an amazing player than those kinds of guys are a dime a dozen and can be picked back up anytime.
Well, again, all our coaches consistently say the same thing, minus the "lazy MFr" part: THEY say he's working hard ALSO. So either ur's right or they're lying. But if he's right and they're not lying, wtf is Latimer at the BOTTOM of HALF A DOZEN GUYS, several of whom are (dipping into the hip younster jive talk again) JaG. Maybe he's just more dyanmic downfield in open space, and we haven't had good enough protection yet to give him time to get down there and make a play. It really is hard to reconcile his depth chart position with reports of everyone (including all coaches) who've watched his practices.

Northman
09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
I just find it hard to believe that the team would keep a talented guy who can help this team (considering how bad our offense is right now) at the bottom of the depth chart. He probably just isnt living up to what they thought they were getting which can happen.

Dapper Dan
09-29-2015, 02:20 PM
I just find it hard to believe that the team would keep a talented guy who can help this team (considering how bad our offense is right now) at the bottom of the depth chart. He probably just isnt living up to what they thought they were getting which can happen.

Maybe he's gay.

Northman
09-29-2015, 02:33 PM
Maybe he's gay.

Or an ugly woman.

Joel
09-29-2015, 02:37 PM

Our offenses struggles aren't lack talent at "skill positions" though. Funny how "unskilled" players make such a difference even with a first ballot HoF QB, All Pro WR and Pro Bowl WR, TE and (technically) RB.

Northman
09-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Our offenses struggles aren't lack talent at "skill positions" though. Funny how "unskilled" players make such a difference even with a first ballot HoF QB, All Pro WR and Pro Bowl WR, TE and (technically) RB.

And yet Latimer finds himself behind guys like Norwood, Fowler, and Caldwell.

underrated29
09-29-2015, 03:15 PM

I do not think I am seeing anything they are not. He is still on the roster. He also right now is not a dime a dozen guy which is why we still have him on the roster. Theyd have had to have seen something to move up to draft him and to keep him on the roster.

Im sure we all remember the block he put on the 49er saftey. Im sure we remember a few of the big catches he has made. The one that stands out to me was the Brock? pass to him in this years preseason game- where the play was offside or whatever and we would have had a first down but it was called back. Cody jumped up and very last second like got his arms up to snag it. I normally expect those passes to be dropped. I think he has sure hands which is one of my fav characterstics of a wr. That was a really tough play even tho it didnt happen/count.

Northman
09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
I do not think I am seeing anything they are not. He is still on the roster. He also right now is not a dime a dozen guy which is why we still have him on the roster. Theyd have had to have seen something to move up to draft him and to keep him on the roster.

Im sure we all remember the block he put on the 49er saftey. Im sure we remember a few of the big catches he has made. The one that stands out to me was the Brock? pass to him in this years preseason game- where the play was offside or whatever and we would have had a first down but it was called back. Cody jumped up and very last second like got his arms up to snag it. I normally expect those passes to be dropped. I think he has sure hands which is one of my fav characterstics of a wr. That was a really tough play even tho it didnt happen/count.

Exactly. It happened when playing vanilla defenses, etc. Again, if he was so great he would be on the field ahead of guys like Fowler and such. He is not, so there is something more there and it could make him expendable. Good coaches do not keep great players off the field when they know it can help the team.

underrated29
09-29-2015, 03:26 PM
noone ever said he was great. Regardless of the defense called that type of play was pretty impressive. The ball was there and he turned and bam he got his arms up with a guy right infront of him who had no clue the ball was here either.

Joel
09-29-2015, 04:01 PM
And yet Latimer finds himself behind guys like Norwood, Fowler, and Caldwell.
Ask the coaches; THEY'RE the ones who keep saying the same stuff they've been saying since camp: He's a lot better now, working hard, maintaining commitment and showing consequently significant improvement by making lots of plays. If anyone's blowing smoke up anyone elses rear it's them, but if they mean what they say and say what they mean I don't have an explanation for why lesser players are ahead of him on the depth chart. Maybe the other guys' partcular narrow lesser talents are particularly better suited to the situations in which they're placed. Like I say, I dunno; ask the coaches: Many have.