PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most in agreement our fanbase has ever been on this team?

BroncoWave
09-28-2015, 10:28 AM
One thing I've noticed so far this season is that overall, everyone seems to be more or less in agreement on the state of the team. No wars like Plummer-Cutler, Tebow, McDaniels, or even the last few years with how successful the Manning era is or is not. We all kinda seem to agree that the defense is awesome, Manning isn't what he used to be but still isn't totally done, and that the oline and running game are a work in progress. Even the mixed reaction to Kubes isn't that divisive.

So maybe we've all just finally mellowed out or we just finally have a situation without much controversy. Regardless, it's quite interesting to see.

Northman
09-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Wait til Oz starts. The wars will begin again. lol

Ziggy
09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
The run game is suffering because defenses are putting 10 players within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. No one is running against these fronts. You could give us the Cowboys O line and it wouldn't happen.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2015, 11:43 AM
One thing I've noticed so far this season is that overall, everyone seems to be more or less in agreement on the state of the team. No wars like Plummer-Cutler, Tebow, McDaniels, or even the last few years with how successful the Manning era is or is not. We all kinda seem to agree that the defense is awesome, Manning isn't what he used to be but still isn't totally done, and that the oline and running game are a work in progress. Even the mixed reaction to Kubes isn't that divisive.

So maybe we've all just finally mellowed out or we just finally have a situation without much controversy. Regardless, it's quite interesting to see.

I don't think we have mellowed because everyone here is pretty passionate about the Broncos and everyone is pretty strong on their opinions. There just isn't anything polarizing on the team to disagree with, yet.

Personally, after watching the first three weeks of football, I've pretty much accepted the fact that Denver isn't going anywhere... so I'm just going to accept the games and not be very concerned any more. We are bad.

The offense is one of the worst I've seen in Denver in many many years, and its weird to watch a Manning led team and have more fun watching the defense on the field than the offense, because its so much more exciting.

BroncoJoe
09-28-2015, 11:45 AM
We're bad? Offense is one of the worst you've seen in Denver? Have you only been watching for the past three years?

Wow.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2015, 11:48 AM
We're bad? Offense is one of the worst you've seen in Denver? Have you only been watching for the past three years?

Wow.

Yes Joe.. we are bad. Offense is one of the worst I've seen...other than Tebow behind center, but I thought that was a given.

Yes Joe, I've only been a fan for 3 years.

BroncoJoe
09-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Yes Joe.. we are bad. Offense is one of the worst I've seen...other than Tebow behind center, but I thought that was a given.

Yes Joe, I've only been a fan for 3 years.

Well, that makes sense based on your comments.

BroncoWave
09-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Well so much for that lol.

Dapper Dan
09-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Wait til Oz starts. The wars will begin again. lol

Oz? Why not Semen? Or Hackenburger? Or Andrew Luck? Cutler might be available, too.

TXBRONC
09-28-2015, 12:17 PM

Wow.

I was just thinking the same thing.

TXBRONC
09-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Well so much for that lol.

And you say North stirs the pot? :lol:

Dzone
09-28-2015, 12:21 PM
We should have never traded Tebow

SoCalImport
09-28-2015, 12:44 PM
wait till we lose a game.

Northman
09-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Oz? Why not Semen? Or Hackenburger? Or Andrew Luck? Cutler might be available, too.

Well, Cutler just got hurt again because you mentioned his name. Plus, we have already argued over him as it is. Luck needs to shave because he's actually playing like he cant see through the forest of pubic hairs on his face. Hackenburglar still hasnt recovered from being out played by the Tebow experiment he witnessed in 2011. And Semen is still currently dripping down Oz's legs so we wont see him any time soon. Did i miss anyone?

Bronco4ever
09-28-2015, 01:06 PM
I disagree with everything posted in this thread.

wayninja
09-28-2015, 01:16 PM
I hope we are this "bad" every year.

olathebroncofan
09-28-2015, 01:28 PM
The run game is suffering because defenses are putting 10 players within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. No one is running against these fronts. You could give us the Cowboys O line and it wouldn't happen.

I'm in a greenest with this. The Lions at times put their entire team, coaching staff and families in the box, save for a lonely safety over the top of Sanders. They are daring us to throw the ball. The good thing is that once they let off even a little, we will gash them with the run.

Aren't our next 3 games supposed to be easier? I don't know, but the offense we ran yesterday worked well enough. I think at least for the regular season, we will be fine, but it's going to be that cold day in Jan at home against the Bengals or steelers that will do us in.

Just typing to type. I forgot where I was going.

weazel
09-28-2015, 01:40 PM
meh... just watching a mediocre offense beat mediocre teams... wait til we're done with the first 6 games, although I think Oakland will be a harder matchup than people think

dogfish
09-28-2015, 01:43 PM
lmao! we're 3-0 after playing three solid teams, we have the most defensive talent this team has ever fielded, and rav says "we are bad". . . :lol:

weazel
09-28-2015, 01:46 PM
lmao! we're 3-0 after playing three solid teams, we have the most defensive talent this team has ever fielded, and rav says "we are bad". . . :lol:

the defense is BAD... the offense is bad

Northman
09-28-2015, 02:18 PM
the defense is BAD... the offense is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeGA5DLMKbQ

wayninja
09-28-2015, 02:23 PM
I think we are all in agreement that Demarcus Ware is one of the most astonishingly beautiful men on the planet. And we can all say that in total confidence of our sexuality.

Northman
09-28-2015, 02:23 PM
I disagree with everything posted in this thread.

You rebel you.

BroncoWave
09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry you guys!

Shazam!
09-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Everything is good because the team has won a whole lot of games with Manning. Once he retires, in a year or two, the griping and bitching and moaning will begin as the team slogs it's way through mediocrity.

dogfish
09-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Everything is good because the team has won a whole lot of games with Manning. Once he retires, in a year or two, the griping and bitching and moaning will begin as the team slogs it's way through mediocrity.

not if we can keep this defense together. . .

seriously, guys, it's still perfectly okay to win games with D in this league. . . seattle almost went back-to-back with that shitty little runt as their quarterback. . . with players like kilgo, annuinike, ray, todd davis, barrett and roby, we have a wealth of mostly untapped talent on that side of the ball to go along with guys like miller and harris. . . the days of denver being an offense-oriented team may be coming to an end, and it is all to the good. . .

:defense:

Ziggy
09-28-2015, 03:18 PM

Not with a defense like this and an improved O line.

Northman
09-28-2015, 03:26 PM
not if we can keep this defense together. . .

seriously, guys, it's still perfectly okay to win games with D in this league. . . seattle almost went back-to-back with that shitty little runt as their quarterback. . . with players like kilgo, annuinike, ray, todd davis, barrett and roby, we have a wealth of mostly untapped talent on that side of the ball to go along with guys like miller and harris. . . the days of denver being an offense-oriented team may be coming to an end, and it is all to the good. . .

:defense:

Pretty much. Bmore did it when Flacco first came into the league and allowed him to go through his growing pains while still playing at a high level defensively. Its all about drafting well for players who might leave and keeping a guy like Wade around longterm. At least for a few years.

dogfish
09-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Pretty much. Bmore did it when Flacco first came into the league and allowed him to go through his growing pains while still playing at a high level defensively. Its all about drafting well for players who might leave and keeping a guy like Wade around longterm. At least for a few years.

yep. . . pitt did the same thing with rapenstein. . . hell, new england** even did it with shady brady in his early years. . .

BroncoJoe
09-28-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm so sorry you guys!

I think most agree with your OP. There are some psychos out there though.

TXBRONC
09-28-2015, 03:36 PM
I'm so sorry you guys!

No you're not.

I think most people actually do agree. Some are just being difficult.

Joel
09-28-2015, 04:42 PM
No you're not.

I think most people actually do agree. Some are just being difficult.

On THIS site?! Surely you jest. ;) Question for long time diehards though:

How cool would it be if the QB from the '80s blowouts became GM, then brought back his backup as HC, his HC as DC and one of his LBs as OC, then they ALL won a SB together? Only took 26 years, right? :tongue:

Not that I'm predicting a SB win while our line's still a trainwreck and we don't know what (nor even WHOM) we'll have under center when Manning retires. NO head coach has EVER won a SB his first year with a team (Seifert would be the exception, but doesn't count because he was promoted to the defending champs HC, running his old offense with his old players.) I doubt Kubiak will be the first, and REALLY wish we'd snatched up last year; if we could give this years PFM next years line and D....

It's all about the narrative though, and this would make a pretty sweet one, especially for Kubiak and Wade, who suffered through those '80s heartbreaks on the heels of those inflicted on Bums Oilers.

Joel
09-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Also, I don't know about everyone else, but this is the most I'VE agreed with our GM AND COACHES since 1999. And since I couldn't care less what anyone else wants.... :)

wayninja
09-28-2015, 05:25 PM
http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/06/54d436723bb9e_-_esq-hugo-boss-nfl-demarcus-ware-090414-xl-1.jpg

I mean c'mon. He looks like a buff Seal without any of the 3rd degree burns.

Kissed by a rose on the grey!

I think we can all agree that getting sacked by him isn't the worst thing in the world.

Joel
09-28-2015, 05:33 PM
http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/06/54d436723bb9e_-_esq-hugo-boss-nfl-demarcus-ware-090414-xl-1.jpg

I mean c'mon. He looks like a buff Seal without any of the 3rd degree burns.

Kissed by a rose on the grey!

I think we can all agree that getting sacked by him isn't the worst thing in the world.
"I recognize those words, but that combination of them doesn't make any sense.... :confused:"

Simple Jaded
09-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Whatever you think of this offense now I think you might wanna learn to enjoy it while it lasts, I think the last 3 seasons has spoiled Broncos fans. Even from the Shitgun the running game can only get better as the OL feels it out and Manning appears to be getting more comfortable again, hopefully he doesn't enter December a broke Dick dog from throwing 40+ passes every game.

The defense appears to be fine.

Joel
09-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Whatever you think of this offense now I think you might wanna learn to enjoy it while it lasts, I think the last 3 seasons has spoiled Broncos fans. Even from the Shitgun the running game can only get better as the OL feels it out and Manning appears to be getting more comfortable again, hopefully he doesn't enter December a broke Dick dog from throwing 40+ passes every game.

The defense appears to be fine.

I'm firmly convinced (was THEN) that if we'd done all this last year we'd be SB bound now. Expecting to switch to a whole new system AND rebuild a garbage line integral to it, all in ONE season, is expecting a lot. I'm not giving up, but not holding my breath for a SB win this year (for one thing, GB looks scary EVERYWHERE) nor Manning having enough left to play at 40. Timing's everything: Ask Rahim Moore.

Dapper Dan
09-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Well, Cutler just got hurt again because you mentioned his name. Plus, we have already argued over him as it is. Luck needs to shave because he's actually playing like he cant see through the forest of pubic hairs on his face. Hackenburglar still hasnt recovered from being out played by the Tebow experiment he witnessed in 2011. And Semen is still currently dripping down Oz's legs so we wont see him any time soon. Did i miss anyone?

I hear Jake is still in great shape.

Ravage!!!
09-29-2015, 12:57 AM
I'm firmly convinced (was THEN) that if we'd done all this last year we'd be SB bound now. Expecting to switch to a whole new system AND rebuild a garbage line integral to it, all in ONE season, is expecting a lot. I'm not giving up, but not holding my breath for a SB win this year (for one thing, GB looks scary EVERYWHERE) nor Manning having enough left to play at 40. Timing's everything: Ask Rahim Moore.

You were "firmly in belief" that we should have stuck with Tebow, too. Sooooo... there's that.

Joel
09-29-2015, 02:24 AM
You were "firmly in belief" that we should have stuck with Tebow, too. Sooooo... there's that.

Because we didn't have a TEAM for Manning, so expecting him to come in and singlehandedly win SBs would just end with... well, we're at the "he sucks, he's over the hill" part now; it's now or never, and if the latter you can cue the "once a choker, always a choker" rap in perpetuity. I've give Elway full marks for putting a team around him much faster than I expected, but it cost a pretty penny, so cost us a lot of good young talent. Anyone who wants to know why we lost Doom, Decker and JT, and had to franchise Clady, should look to Ware and similar FA stars along with Mannings $20 mil/yr.

What was the BIGGEST thing I said we lacked? A good or even DECENT line to protect our aging, immobile QBs surgically fused spine and give him some run support so he didn't have to do it all alone: SOUND ANYTHING AT ALL LIKE EVERY SEASON HE'S BEEN HERE?! If Tebow falls apart as the 2012 starter, we get a bunch of top 5 (or better) draft picks to start building the TEAM we'd need to win a championship WHOEVER our long term QB was; in the unlikely event he works, we've GOT that longterm QB, not just for 3-4 more seasons, but 10+. Even if we lose, we win.

Instead of expensively playing beat the clock as we have ever since. Clock's run out; if we don't do it now, what'll we have to show for the Manning Gambit? A lot of bittersweet but ultimately empty memories of what might've been and how we came oh, so close only to CONSISTENTLY fall short due to "bad luck." Uh huh; "bad luck's" the technical term for hitting 17 and refusing to admit it was a mistake.