PDA

View Full Version : NoShow Moreno

Pages : [1] 2

Overtime
09-18-2009, 06:03 PM
I said before the season started that Moreno would be a No-Show, and that the kid was overrated.

So far I've been right on the button.

last week against the Bungles he had an atrocious

8 attempts for 19 yards, and a woeful 2.4 yards per carry.

Sad this is, this wasn't even that great of a defense. going to really suck when he goes up against the better big name defenses in the league.

way to waste a draft pick on this schmuck, McDummy.

:coffee:

Day1BroncoFan
09-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I give him more than one game before I decide. ;)

GEM
09-18-2009, 06:06 PM
LMAO!! Coming off a late start to training camp, and only 1 qtr of play in the preseason, I think he's allowed a couple more games to come out big.

MOtorboat
09-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Um...lol...:stupid:

Slick
09-18-2009, 06:09 PM
If there was ever a time for a name calling exemption from the COC, this might be it.

T.K.O.
09-18-2009, 06:15 PM
i said before the season started that moreno would be a no-show, and that the kid was overrated.

So far i've been right on the button.

Last week against the bungles he had an atrocious

Sad this is, this wasn't even that great of a defense. Going to really suck when he goes up against the better big name defenses in the league.

Way to waste a draft pick on this schmuck, mcdummy.

puh-leeze !

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13362724

After a rough start to his NFL career, Broncos rookie says he's healthy

Since Bobby Turner was hired by the Broncos in 1995, he's seen running backs come, seen them go.

Seen them come into the huddle, then go for touchdowns. Seen a league-leading 14 running backs compile a league-leading 95 100-yard rushing games over that span.

When Turner turned on the video of a University of Georgia running back earlier this year, he saw "a person that was a complete package, and that's what we're always looking for," he said.

He saw Knowshon Moreno.

"He could do everything," Turner said. "He can do pass protection, he can block, he can catch, and obviously to be a running back you've got to be able to run the ball."

Still, it's safe to say Moreno has been rudely introduced to life in an NFL backfield. First there was the contract impasse that kept Moreno out of training camp's early going. Then there were all of three carries in the preseason before a sprained knee put him on the sideline.

Then there was Sunday, when, in his debut, he finished with only 19 yards on eight carries in the season opener at Cincinnati before leaving the game because he took a blow to the side of the helmet as he was forced out of bounds.

"Not that good, not that good at all," Moreno said when asked to critique his first game. "I missed a lot of things. Maybe I was trying to go too fast, trying to do too much. But I'm glad to get that first one under my belt, and we can move on from here. That's how I'm approaching it."

Moreno said he feels "100 percent" this week and that he doesn't believe he ran tentatively against the Bengals because of his preseason knee injury. Moreno missed three preseason games with a sprained medial collateral ligament.

He thinks, if anything, he was impatient and more than a little surprised at how much quicker the game is played in the NFL.

"I just missed a lot of reads, missed a lot of reads," Moreno said. "Making the wrong one, making it go outside instead of inside, things like that. It was my first game back, and I had to shake some of the cobwebs out. I wasn't used to that speed. I guess that counts for being a rookie."

Moreno appeared on third down plenty, a rare spot for a rookie running back playing for Turner. That's because the back in the formation on third down not only has to be functional as a receiver, but be willing and able to block pass rushers who may break free. Scouts consistently listed that as Moreno's strength coming into the draft.

Broncos coach Josh McDan- iels attributed Moreno's difficult day on the Cincinnati riverfront to a more basic issue.

"All the rookies . . . need to understand, this is not college football, and they make a mistake now, they don't get away with it," McDaniels said. "Each one of them saw, whether they made one mistake in the game or five, you make an error, the guys on the other side of the ball are too good. They exploit it, they see it, find it and they make it go for their side. Knowshon is in that group."

This week the Broncos face a Browns run defense that joined a long list of teams who have surrendered a big day to Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. Peterson finished with 180 yards rushing last week, but Minnesota had to be patient and keep pounding away to do it.

Peterson, the gold standard for backs in the league, had 25 yards rushing at halftime against Cleveland.

"I'm going to take it as I get it," Moreno said. "When I'm in, I'm going to try to make the best of those plays, and when I'm not, I'm going to be cheering for who's out there.

"I think I'm at full speed, I'm good."

D1g1tal j1m
09-18-2009, 06:16 PM
One game does not make a career.

He was late to training camp, got hurt in preseason and is still not 100% for the 1st game (he may have rushed back to get into the good graces of McD). He said the speed of the NFL surprised him, so he had that do deal with.

He will make the adjustments (Turner will make sure of that) and hopefully he will have a good rookie season. This isn't Madden where a highly touted rookie RB can be plugged in and have 150 yards and 3 TD's.

Italianmobstr7
09-18-2009, 06:19 PM

He was late to training camp, got hurt in preseason and is still not 100% for the 1st game (he may have rushed back to get into the good graces of McD). He said the speed of the NFL surprised him, so he had that do deal with.

He will make the adjustments (Turner will make sure of that) and hopefully he will have a good rookie season. This isn't Madden where a highly touted rookie RB can be plugged in and have 150 yards and 3 TD's.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BroncoWave
09-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I said before the season started that Moreno would be a No-Show, and that the kid was overrated.

Sad this is, this wasn't even that great of a defense. going to really suck when he goes up against the better big name defenses in the league.

I bet you're happier about this than the Broncos being 1-0. In fact I'm 100% certain of it.

D1g1tal j1m
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Here are the rushing numbers of the RB's taken this year and what they did in there first games in the NFL:

LeSean McCoy, 46 yds 0 tds
Donald Brown, 33 yds 0 tds
Beanie Wells, 29 yds 0 tds
Knowshon Moreno, 19 yds 0 tds
Justin Forsett, 19 yds 0 tds
Glen Coffee, -3 yds 0 tds

I don't have the energy to get all the RB's that were drafted, these are just the few I found at Yahoo. So I guess all those other teams are stupid for their choices in RB.

getlynched47
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Uh, just in case you didn't know (which clearly you didn't), The Bengals had a top-10 defense in 2008 :rolleyes:

FAIL

LOL calling Knowshon a failure after 3 carries in preseason and 8 carries in his first game back. You're a very smart poster. (In case you didn't notice, I didn't mean my last sentence :coffee:)

Slick
09-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Don't waste the keystrokes Jim.

We'll just have to remember to bump this thread in a few weeks.

dogfish
09-18-2009, 06:42 PM
**** with that weak junk!

BroncoBJ
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
:lol: So because he didn't have over 100 yards in his debut means that you were right and he is a bust? :confused: Okay then.......

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2009, 07:15 PM
We all loved TD, but he didn't exactly TEAR it up every game in his Rookie year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00/gamelog/1995/

hotcarl
09-18-2009, 07:20 PM
I bet you're happier about this than the Broncos being 1-0. In fact I'm 100% certain of it.

he just likes his cute little nick-name that he made up, "no-show".... thats neat, its like a child with his first puppy before it gets run over by a car right in front of him. dragged behind by the leash yelping and screaming until the car makes a sudden right on tejon st. and gets hit by a dumptruck and the leash breaks and the puppy goes flying away into the street where it is run over by 30 cars.

sorry about your cute little puppy, "baileythebest".

shank
09-18-2009, 07:27 PM
this thread has too many chromosomes.

Zweems56
09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
this thread has too many chromosomes.

It has an extra 21st, in my opinion.

WARHORSE
09-18-2009, 08:09 PM

I guess youre idea of overated is what?

If he runs for over a 1000 yards, is that overrated for a rook?

Put your money where your mouth is, my sig vs yours for a month over Knowshons total yards in a three back system.

Still swingin your nads?

Let me know............

honz
09-18-2009, 08:14 PM

You are like totally smart, dude.

Shutdown
09-18-2009, 08:25 PM
he just likes his cute little nick-name that he made up, "no-show".... thats neat, its like a child with his first puppy before it gets run over by a car right in front of him. dragged behind by the leash yelping and screaming until the car makes a sudden right on tejon st. and gets hit by a dumptruck and the leash breaks and the puppy goes flying away into the street where it is run over by 30 cars.

sorry about your cute little puppy, "baileythebest".

I'm so lost. :confused:

nevcraw
09-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Bobby Tunrner > Overtime

milehigh
09-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Overtime what's wrong, normally you are so positive and upbeat! ;)

Timmy!
09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
http://bonius.com/gallery2/d/5145-1/picard.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.denver.broncos.2.1193149.html

At Georgia, Knowshon Moreno was known for his flash and his dash. The same couldn't be said for his NFL debut.

The Denver Broncos rookie was overanxious, missing assignments and holes alike. Moreno has vowed to rein in some of that eagerness.

Just not too much, though.

After all, one of the qualities that led Denver to select him with the 12th overall pick in the draft was his ability to make something out of nothing. The Broncos don't want to bridle that, just corral it a little.

"We always can improve and I'm going to let him go at that," said Broncos running backs coach Bobby Turner, one of the few assistants retained after the firing of Mike Shanahan.

Coming out of Georgia, Tuner liked what he saw in Moreno -- a lot. Moreno averaged 105 yards rushing a game, displaying dazzling moves and jukes that quickly became Internet sensations.

"He can do everything," Turner said. "He can block. He can catch. And then, obviously, to be a running back you've got to be able to run the ball. But I saw a person that was the complete package."

Moreno is striving to reach that level with Denver. He ran for just 19 yards on eight carries in a win over Cincinnati.

"I just missed a lot of reads -- making the wrong ones, going outside when I needed to go in, things like that," said Moreno, who had 13 100-yard games in his days with the Bulldogs. "But I got the first one under my belt and I'm going to move on from here and try to get better."

Moreno didn't have much of a training camp or preseason to prepare. He held out at the start of camp, then hurt his left knee on his second carry in his first preseason game.

He didn't play again until Sunday.

"Knowshon is in that group where if we can limit the mistakes, then the production definitely goes up," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "If you don't, then you are going to have trouble no matter what."

Moreno said he was simply trying to do too much in his first extended playing time.

He's pledged more patience against Cleveland.

"Let the game come to me, stop trying to make too many big plays on my own," Moreno suggested.

His learning curve remains steep, though. Holding out and getting hurt put him behind the other running backs, Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan and Peyton Hillis.

Just how far behind Turner wouldn't say.

"A guy has to be here and we need to practice every day, so it's going to hold him back a little bit," Turner said. "I'm going to let it go at that."

Moreno's first-ever NFL carry went for 5 yards, a little burst through the left side of the line. Even more, he absorbed a hit for the first time in nearly a month.

That only bolstered his confidence in the knee.

"Had to shake some of the cobwebs out," Moreno said.

Cincinnati safety Roy Williams helped with that as well, clobbering Moreno in the third quarter after Moreno sprung through a hole. Moreno staggered toward the sideline, only to return for one more carry in the final quarter.

A welcome-to-the-NFL moment?

"Could've been," Moreno said. "But I'm pretty sure that's not going to be the last one."

Slip-ups aside, Buckhalter liked what he saw out of Moreno.

"He was poised, real poised," Buckhalter said. "I think the game might have got to him a little bit. He had a couple of errors. But all in all, he did pretty good. I'm looking forward to him doing even better things."

The entire refurbished backfield is getting used to a new way of doing things. The Broncos still employ their famed zone-blocking scheme, but not exclusively.

"We're all looking to grow and we want to improve, so I don't really see a big change in philosophy," said Turner, who's been the Broncos' running backs guru since '95. "We're still going to run the ball and we still use and have that philosophy that I have had all of my life: Hey, get the ball downfield, one cut."

DenBronx
09-18-2009, 11:06 PM
how totally lame of a thread.

bcbronc
09-18-2009, 11:51 PM
McDummy should trade No-Show to the Chiefs for LJ.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 12:10 AM

his first game is however a premonition to what his career is going to mount to....absolutely nothing.

no actually I'm excited we won, NO THANKS TO NO-SHOW MORENO! had he done his job, we wouldn't have had to win how we did, thankfully B-Stoke bailed his punk ass out.

Uh, just in case you didn't know (which clearly you didn't), The Bengals had a top-10 defense in 2008 :rolleyes:

FAIL

LOL calling Knowshon a failure after 3 carries in preseason and 8 carries in his first game back. You're a very smart poster. (In case you didn't notice, I didn't mean my last sentence :coffee:)

In case you didn't know 2008 WAS LAST YEAR!!!!

This is 2009.

I guess youre idea of overated is what?

If he runs for over a 1000 yards, is that overrated for a rook?

Put your money where your mouth is, my sig vs yours for a month over Knowshons total yards in a three back system.

Still swingin your nads?

Let me know............

i got your sig bet. I bet you he doesn't crack 1,000 yards this year.

MOtorboat
09-19-2009, 12:32 AM
In case you didn't know 2008 WAS LAST YEAR!!!!

This is 2009.

Oh, well, in that case...

They are still a Top 10 rush defense.

lol.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh, well, in that case...

They are still a Top 10 rush defense.

lol.

yep, no idea where the thread is, but there was a thread in pre-season where i specifically said No-Show Moreno crumbles against good defenses.

point evidenced last week, and that's why I call him No-Show Moreno.

all we did was the equivalent of drafting Greg Hill. :tsk:

MOtorboat
09-19-2009, 12:39 AM
yep, no idea where the thread is, but there was a thread in pre-season where i specifically said No-Show Moreno crumbles against good defenses.

point evidenced last week, and that's why I call him No-Show Moreno.

all we did was the equivalent of drafting Greg Hill. :tsk:

And you were wrong about that too.

Crush05
09-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I say Moreno rushes for 150 yards and two td's

Overtime
09-19-2009, 12:43 AM
And you were wrong about that too.

no actually I wasn't. 19 lousy yards was all he got against a good run defense.

he No-Showed...hence his name.

CrazyHorse
09-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Here are the rushing numbers of the RB's taken this year and what they did in there first games in the NFL:

LeSean McCoy, 46 yds 0 tds
Donald Brown, 33 yds 0 tds
Beanie Wells, 29 yds 0 tds
Knowshon Moreno, 19 yds 0 tds
Justin Forsett, 19 yds 0 tds
Glen Coffee, -3 yds 0 tds

I don't have the energy to get all the RB's that were drafted, these are just the few I found at Yahoo. So I guess all those other teams are stupid for their choices in RB.

Marshall Faulk, 143 yds 3 tds
Earl Campbell, 137 1 tds
Marcus Allen, 116 yds 1 tds
Ladanian Tomlinson, 113 yds 2 tds
Edgerrin James, 112 yds 1 tds
Adrian Peterson, 103 yds 1 tds
Curtis Martin, 102 yds 1 tds
Eric Dickerson, 91 yds 0 tds
Tiki Barber, 88 yds 1 tds
Laurence Maroney, 87 yds 0 tds
Thurman Thomas, 86 yds 1 tds
Chris Johnson, 77 yds 1 tds
Barry Sanders, 71 yds 1 tds
Terrell Davis, 70 yds 1 tds
O.J. Simpson, 52 yds 1 tds
Emmitt Smith, 2 yds 0 tds (2 attempts)

MOtorboat
09-19-2009, 12:46 AM

Coming off a pre-season injury in a new, better league.

Your arguments are so unbelievably weak, it's just laughable.

Your absolute hate for a player who you don't know, and don't know anything about is just plain funny.

dogfish
09-19-2009, 02:30 AM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6092/wikipfacepalm.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/wikipfacepalm.jpg/)

weazel
09-19-2009, 04:12 AM

yup, cut the little *****! He's had 8 chances, he should have at least 3 touchdowns. get rid of this useless piece of shit and sign one of those hall of fame running backs that are sitting on free agency just waiting for the Broncos to give them a call!! We all know that every good running back in the league had at least 5 touchdowns after his first 8 rushing attempts!! :tsk:

this thread is absolutely horrible!!

weazel
09-19-2009, 04:21 AM

:ban:

Overtime
09-19-2009, 07:00 AM
:ban:

for you maybe.

smith49
09-19-2009, 08:18 AM

wait a minute, did you not say in your first post in this thread that the bungals did not have a good defense?:confused: now you are saying they do have good defense? maybe im just reading your post incorrectly. i cant for the life of me understand where you are even comming from on this one. are you a georgia hater? did moreno steal your girl friend? there is some unseen hate that you have for him, and i think that it has nothing to do with football.

GEM
09-19-2009, 08:21 AM
It has an extra 21st, in my opinion.

Your sig is absolutely fantastic!!! :laugh: :D

Zweems56
09-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Your sig is absolutely fantastic!!! :laugh: :D

Why, thank you.

Tempus Fugit
09-19-2009, 09:32 AM
If you can't put up 200 yards rushing in your first game as a rookie, even if you're coming off of a knee sprain, you're really not NFL caliber.

jrelway
09-19-2009, 09:56 AM
i dont usually joan on threads but gosh damn dude. its only week 1.

EastCoastBronco
09-19-2009, 10:29 AM
He's just fishin... And it looks like they're biting today.

BroncoWave
09-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Sad this is, this wasn't even that great of a defense.

19 lousy yards was all he got against a good run defense.

:confused:

I don't even think you know what you are trying to say.

Northman
09-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Are you kidding me?

MOtorboat
09-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Are you kidding me?

Nope.

Kaylore
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Coming off a pre-season injury in a new, better league.

Your arguments are so unbelievably weak, it's just laughable.

Your absolute hate for a player who you don't know, and don't know anything about is just plain funny.

What? You mean you can't make sweeping judgments about a player's career one game into the season? How do we know this guy isn't psychic or some kind of football genius? I bet he is. I bet a handful of plays are all he needs. I mean it's not like rookies learn more or improve over time. It's not like players can get better; You are at your prime when you're drafted. If you don't have a good game your first game, you are a bust.

:lol:

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Marshall Faulk, 143 yds 3 tds
Earl Campbell, 137 1 tds
Marcus Allen, 116 yds 1 tds
Ladanian Tomlinson, 113 yds 2 tds
Edgerrin James, 112 yds 1 tds
Adrian Peterson, 103 yds 1 tds
Curtis Martin, 102 yds 1 tds
Eric Dickerson, 91 yds 0 tds
Tiki Barber, 88 yds 1 tds
Laurence Maroney, 87 yds 0 tds
Thurman Thomas, 86 yds 1 tds
Chris Johnson, 77 yds 1 tds
Barry Sanders, 71 yds 1 tds
Terrell Davis, 70 yds 1 tds
O.J. Simpson, 52 yds 1 tds
Emmitt Smith, 2 yds 0 tds (2 attempts)

sooooo..... your saying weve got a guy who's better than emmitt smith.....sweeeeet!;)

Kaylore
09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Guys I just did some research. Walter Payton in his first NFL game rushed 8 times for 0 yards! And he had a horrible career!

Jim Brown also had a mediocre first game against the New York Giants. And we all know he busted wide open!

Emmit Smith rushed twice for two yards in his career opener! What did he ever do?

OJ Simpson managed just 35 yards on ten carries in his debut.

Gale Sayers was similarly pedestrian.

Bo Jackson didn't even take a snap until a few games into the season!

I think It's pretty clear that overtime is right. Many of the men listed above were not only top ten picks, they were top five! And what happened to them? How did their careers finish off? Bottom line: If you don't have a good first game as a rookie, your career is doomed. We should join Overtime in being upset about it, and maybe get together and go do drive-by booings of the Broncos facility to punish both Moreno and McDaniels.

What a sad day for Moreno, too. His career is over. :pout:

titan
09-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I heard ESPN's Adam Schefter say right before the season "one nfc scout told me Moreno is the best back to come into the league since Emmitt Smith" Including AP! Well I don't know about that, but let's give the kid some time. I still think he's getting over his injury and missing most of camp set him back.

And you know I have to go back to Bronco history: Otis Armstrong did virtually nothing his rookie season (running for 90 yards total in 1973 behind Floyd Little). The next year Otis lead the league in rushing and was only 1 of 2 backs to average over 100 yds/game in a season in the 70's.

dogfish
09-19-2009, 11:51 AM
hey overtime, if i give you a dollar, will you go troll mania instead of this place?

EMB6903
09-19-2009, 12:03 PM

based off what...10 carries while playing injured?

give me a break.

anybody who has actually watched this kid play instead of talking out there ass realizes that hes a stud.

all this dumb talk about our defense being great after 1 week... now this?

There has only been one game played people... Lets give it some time.

honz
09-19-2009, 12:06 PM
"8 Carries to Bust"

The new movie depicting the rise and fall of Knowshon Moreno, former college football star gone alcoholic. After a dubious NFL debut in which Moreno struggled and looked lost at times a man by the name of Overtime started a thread on the internets that hit home for Moreno. After reading Overtime's comments, the former Georgia Bulldog realized that he is indeed a talentless hack that will never cut it in the NFL. On the eve of his 2nd NFL game, Moreno requested a meeting with his head coach Josh McDumbass so that he could apologize to him for wasting a pick on a talentless hack and to inform him of his resignation from the game of football. After Moreno exited Dove Valley in his brand new Hummer he went straight to the nearest bar...a place he has not left since his arrival there 3 and a half years ago. He sleeps away his drunkeness in a cardboard box in the corner of the bar with the name Overtime written in blood all over both the outside and inside of his humble abode.

"Two thumbs up. A tragic yet insightful story into the sensitivity of man and the power of internet message board bullies" - Roger Ebert

"A heartwarming story of an interwebz genius. Many called him names and laughed at him, but Overtime's football genius eventually shown through when he flawlessly predicted the rest of Moreno's career after just one game and 8 carries. Must see film." - Kenneth Turan

broncobryce
09-19-2009, 12:13 PM
"8 Carries to Bust"

The new movie depicting the rise and fall of Knowshon Moreno, former college football star gone alcoholic. After a dubious NFL debut in which Moreno struggled and looked lost at times a man by the name of Overtime started a thread on the internets that hit home for Moreno. After reading Overtime's comments, the former Georgia Bulldog realized that he is indeed a talentless hack that will never cut it in the NFL. On the eve of his 2nd NFL game, Moreno requested a meeting with his head coach Josh McDumbass so that he could apologize to him for wasting a pick on a talentless hack and to inform him of his resignation from the game of football. After Moreno exited Dove Valley in his brand new Hummer he went straight to the nearest bar...a place he has not left since his arrival there 3 and a half years ago. He sleeps away his drunkeness in a cardboard box in the corner of the bar with the name Overtime written in blood all over both the outside and inside of his humble abode.

"Two thumbs up. A tragic yet insightful story into the sensitivity of man and the power of internet message board bullies" - Roger Ebert

"A heartwarming story of an interwebz genius. Many called him names and laughed at him, but Overtime's football genius eventually shown through when he flawlessly predicted the rest of Moreno's career after just one game and 8 carries. Must see film." - Kenneth Turan

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2009, 12:49 PM
What? You mean you can't make sweeping judgments about a player's career one game into the season? How do we know this guy isn't psychic or some kind of football genius? I bet he is. I bet a handful of plays are all he needs. I mean it's not like rookies learn more or improve over time. It's not like players can get better; You are at your prime when you're drafted. If you don't have a good game your first game, you are a bust.

Uh yeah - and to prove this point - I give you John Elway :D

Chidoze
09-19-2009, 07:34 PM

Yea I said the same thing about McKinnly.......Guess after 1 game I was sooooooooo right about him! BOO YA!!!!! :cool:

broncofanatic1987
09-19-2009, 07:48 PM

So because you're a McDaniels hater it means that Moreno is over-rated and a wasted pick. OK, whatever:rolleyes:.

If he starts ripping off 100 yard games, I expect you to stick to that assessment. Don't start band wagoning if he turns out to be a top notch running back.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 09:23 PM
:confused:

I don't even think you know what you are trying to say.

same thing I've been maintaining in the pre-season.

when the kid has to go up against a stout defense, he fails to produce, that's why they call him No-Show. :coffee:

BroncoWave
09-19-2009, 09:37 PM

when the kid has to go up against a stout defense, he fails to produce, that's why they call him No-Show. :coffee:

But you said in the OP that the Bengals don't have a good defense. You should probably decide which argument you are going to use before you go on your ridiculous rants.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 09:41 PM
But you said in the OP that the Bengals don't have a good defense. You should probably decide which argument you are going to use before you go on your ridiculous rants.

where did I say that?

Overtime
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
oh i see.

statistically they are good. but in my opinion they aren't that great. guess i shoulda clarified.

honz
09-19-2009, 09:43 PM
oh i see.

statistically they are good. but in my opinion they aren't that great. guess i shoulda clarified.
Who is your college team? Did Knowshon run all over them or something?

Overtime
09-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Who is your college team? Did Knowshon run all over them or something?

Oklahoma, Kansas, and Notre Dame.

and no, No-Show never played against any of them, probably a good thing for him, cause all of them would have lit this 1/2 ass effort giving loser up.

honz
09-19-2009, 10:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=189614

LOL. SO he struggled against Florida and Bama, 2 of the best defenses in the country. For shame.

BroncoBJ
09-19-2009, 10:06 PM

LOL. SO he struggled against Florida and Bama, 2 of the best defenses in the country. For shame.

:lol: No need to argue. The OP clearly doesn't know much about what hes talking about. This thread is just for entertaining purposes only. :salute:

Hes not being serious about Knowshon being a bust. :salute:

Shutdown
09-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Oklahoma, Kansas, and Notre Dame.

and no, No-Show never played against any of them, probably a good thing for him, cause all of them would have lit this 1/2 ass effort giving loser up.

Wow. You're hating hard. It's like you have a personal vendetta against this guy. Did he like sleep with your girl or something? He was quite popular in college with the ladies.

C'mon man tell us how you really feel, lol.

Overtime
09-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow. You're hating hard. It's like you have a personal vendetta against this guy. Did he like sleep with your girl or something? He was quite popular in college with the ladies.

C'mon man tell us how you really feel, lol.

no he didn't sleep with my gf. the guy just sucks and is overrated, and will be a bust. i know a bust when I see one, been watching football for a lot of years.

RunYouOver
09-19-2009, 10:28 PM
A) Cincy's rush defense is actually above average

B) He's been injured most of the preseason and this was his first action back

C) He's a rookie

D) It was his first career game

E) He's a rookie

F) This has to be one of the dumbest declarations I've ever heard

Shutdown
09-19-2009, 11:00 PM
A) Cincy's rush defense is actually above average

B) He's been injured most of the preseason and this was his first action back

C) He's a rookie

D) It was his first career game

E) He's a rookie

F) This has to be one of the dumbest declarations I've ever heard

^^ A quick synopsis of everything that everyone except for Overtime has said in this thread.

Good summary.

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:15 PM
He's just fishin... And it looks like they're biting today.

....and trolling is his method of choice.... :coffee:

rcsodak
09-19-2009, 11:20 PM

I'm sorry, kay, but, if you're going to make a sarcastic point, you MUST do it in 10 words or less, K? :laugh:

You shoulda stopped after your first full sentence. ;)

Northman
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Sad thing is if Moreno ran for 200 yds tomorrow there would be excuses that it was the Browns and their sorry defense. lol

LordTrychon
09-19-2009, 11:52 PM

He won't respond to this claim. Don't bother.

Reidman
09-20-2009, 01:09 AM
no he didn't sleep with my gf. the guy just sucks and is overrated, and will be a bust. i know a bust when I see one, been watching football for a lot of years.
I agree 100% Overtime...:salute:

That you're smoking crack!

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 11:13 AM

LMAO!!!!!

Yea....and the rest of us just started watching last week.... :coffee:

weazel
09-20-2009, 02:02 PM
for you maybe.

horrible thread. 'nuff said

skycoyote
09-20-2009, 02:08 PM
If he doesn't show Adrian Peterson type form in the next couple of weeks we'll have our answer. lol

weazel
09-20-2009, 02:11 PM
honz, that was a great post! two thumbs up!

Overtime
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
7 rushes 27 lousy yards in the first half as of the 2 minute warning. 3.8 yards a carry

absolutely pathetic. little old bitty in a wheelchair would get more production than he does.

nbenallo33
09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
i guess alot of theese "fans" arent really fans all you ******* say is the bad shit.. moreno looks good i dont know what the **** game you are all watching

RunYouOver
09-20-2009, 04:54 PM
7 rushes 27 lousy yards in the first half as of the 2 minute warning. 3.8 yards a carry

absolutely pathetic. little old bitty in a wheelchair would get more production than he does.

:laugh:

Now you're just trying to entertain us!

silkamilkamonico
09-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Moreno isn't doing too bad. He could be a good one. He certainly doesn't look to be on the same level as an Adrian Peterson or a Chris Johnson, but then again who really is.

I certainly don't like the idea that we had to waste a top 15 pick for him though.

RunYouOver
09-20-2009, 05:32 PM
You know what overtime, you're right. Any RB who can't gain 15 yards when the lineman are in the backfield before he takes the snap is a bust.

Northman
09-20-2009, 05:58 PM
17 carries for 75 yds. Yea, that sucks.

Timmy!
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Yup. He can't catch either. :heh:

Dreadnought
09-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, this thread looks worthy of entry as one of the alltime "Dumb Threads Hall of Fame."

broncogirl7
09-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Fantastic job Moreno!!!!

Slick
09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, this thread looks worthy of entry as one of the alltime "Dumb Threads Hall of Fame."

Flushing this thread down the "dirtiest toilet in all of Scotland" from the movie Trainspotting, is too good for it.

Dreadnought
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Flushing this thread down the "dirtiest toilet in all of Scotland" from the movie Trainspotting, is too good for it.

It rivals some of the infamous "Travis Henry is a football DemiGod" stuff we once had :lol:

Overtime
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM

not good enough. he's a first round draft pick, and a top 15 pick at that...he should be running for 125 yards at least.

:tsk:

another half ass performance, and this time it was against a team who is about as incompetent as they get, he should have had a career day and gone for 225 against this defense.

he's earned the name Half-Show today.

Slick
09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
not good enough. he's a first round draft pick, and a top 15 pick at that...he should be running for 125 yards at least.

another half ass performance, and this time it was against a team who is about as incompetent as they get, he should have had a career day and gone for 225 against this defense.

I'm sure he'll sleep better knowing that Overtime has upgraded his status.

Mike
09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Dude, do yourself a favor and :tape:

gregbroncs
09-20-2009, 07:33 PM

he's earned the name Half-Show today.Whatever dude. Way to make excuses and try and make yourself look less biased. Moreno had a decent day and for only his 2nd time playing it was really good. :tsk:

Tempus Fugit
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM
So, "No show" did show. So much for yet another internet talent evaluator forming career opinions after one game.

BroncoWave
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM

So by your standards rushing for 2000 yards would be the only way to justify first round pick status?

Overtime
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
So, "No show" did show. So much for yet another internet talent evaluator forming career opinions after one game.

like i said he half-showed. had he given 110% like a #1 draft pick should, he'd have run for 225 against that Skidmark Defense, instead he only improved by 50 yards over last week. not great, pretty mediocre if ya ask me.

Davii
09-20-2009, 07:55 PM
So I guess it doesn't matter that the backs are rotating, that they're running a spread offense, etc...

Give the kid some time. The more he shows the more he will play. Once he's a full time #1 back I see good things coming. He's got a lot of speed and how fluid his hips are is scary.

I mean, seriously, did you see the movement he gets in his hips when avoiding tacklers? There was one run today that he dodged a rusher behind the line with nothing more than a swerve of his hips while he kept moving.

The kid will be a good back, give him time.

Tempus Fugit
like i said he half-showed. had he given 110% like a #1 draft pick should, he'd have run for 225 against that Skidmark Defense, instead he only improved by 50 yards over last week. not great, pretty mediocre if ya ask me.

You've said a lot of things. I'm waiting for you to say something objective or legitimate. If all you're going to bring to the table is the anti-Moreno stuff, let me know and I'll just put you on ignore. One trick ponies without even the one trick are a waste of reading.

Nick
It was fun watching him today... It was almost like seeing a person getting the butterflies out of his stomach, adapting to NFL speed, and seeing him actually start getting into his own (Last week, he looked like a nervous wreck and people have to remember he did not play much pre-season).

I was more impressed with how good he blocked today. He already got the welcome to the NFL hit out of the way last week, and picked up some nice and a decent run today and started to look very confident in the second half.

He will be a play maker you can tell.

1st's

Tned
09-20-2009, 08:02 PM

You do watch the NFL, right? You realize how rare it is for rookie RB's to run for 125, at least? Right?

This isn't a game of Madden, this is the NFL.

FanInAZ
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM

A solid running back will average 4 yards per carry. So if you only give him 17 carries, then you should only expect about 68 yards. He got 75 yards which averages out to 4.41 yards per carry.

For him to have gotten 125 yards on only 17 carries, then your asking him to get 7.35 yards a carry. Those are better numbers then any member of the HOF got over the course of their careers.

If you want him to give you 125 yards per game, then you need to give it to him about 31.25 times per game.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Until Knowshon gets the mental reps in and understands the intricacies of the NFL as opposed to college, I don't expect him to be going insane. He had 17 carries for 75 yards today -- and I believe a few grabs for a dozen yards a piece. If he's a 100 yard guy a game for us, I'd say he's worth it. 1,600 total yards of offense is good enough for me. From a veteran or a rookie. He'll get better.

Superchop 7
09-20-2009, 08:42 PM
He looks like a rookie, best to play him later in the game when players gey a little winded.

TXBRONC
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM

You've been proven wrong on this already.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
He looks like a rookie, best to play him later in the game when players gey a little winded.

That why you're waiting to post near the end, as well? :D

TXBRONC
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM

Well that's the waste of a top 15 pick.

nbenallo33
09-20-2009, 09:58 PM
this is the 2nd game... what you want him to have 300 yards and 5 td's before all of you are happy....

what great fans

dogfish
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
this is the 2nd game... what you want him to have 300 yards and 5 td's before all of you are happy....

what great fans

wut?

overtime's the only one who's unhappy-- pretty much everyone else in this thread has been mocking him. . . .

nbenallo33
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
then i guess i didnt know you were mocking him..

Nick
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I was just watching toy story with my son for the 100th time and thought about how moreno took himself out a lot (By the way my Son's name is shaun so every time i tell him no, I say "No Shaun" :lol: )

The air in denver could have had a big part in that and him not used to it.

Kaylore
09-21-2009, 01:18 AM

You're a total troll. What a loserish post. After watching his work in blitz pick up and some of the moves he made to stay up in traffic, after reading this comment this proves.

1. You don't know anything about running backs at all.

2. You are a troll.

3. You are probably mad we won because you hate McDaniels.

gobroncsnv
09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Pretty sure the Vikes are sorry they got Peterson. He only went for 92 yesterday.

FanInAZ
09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Pretty sure the Vikes are sorry they got Peterson. He only went for 92 yesterday.

And that cost me my FF match up. If he would have gone for 180 yards like he did the week before, I would have won. I think I'll cut him.

MOtorboat
09-21-2009, 09:26 PM
lol, 75 yards rushing and 22 yards receiving, with the fact that he almost busted an 80-yarder and you're still bitching.

That's ******* unreal.

BroncoBJ
09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
lol, 75 yards rushing and 22 yards receiving, with the fact that he almost busted an 80-yarder and you're still bitching.

That's ******* unreal.

:lol: Hes a hater. Plain and simple. Hes the type of guy that will root against knowshon every game just so he can say he is right.

God forbid that he root for a player. :lol:

Knowshon had a quiet 75 yards. Hes on my fantasy team on the bench and I saw he got me 9 points. It didnt' seem like it but he showed nice bursts. I'm excited to see him get going here. :salute:

MOtorboat
09-21-2009, 10:21 PM
:lol: Hes a hater. Plain and simple. Hes the type of guy that will root against knowshon every game just so he can say he is right.

God forbid that he root for a player. :lol:

Knowshon had a quiet 75 yards. Hes on my fantasy team on the bench and I saw he got me 9 points. It didnt' seem like it but he showed nice bursts. I'm excited to see him get going here. :salute:

He was :thisclose: to a 145 yard performance...

underrated29
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
He was :thisclose: to a 145 yard performance...

Oh Snap!

The :thisclose: and Knowshon are back together again.

Well played mizzou.
Well played.

Overtime
09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
i doubt the kid even breaks 50 yards against Jokeland this week. if he can't run on them, well he might as well go back to Georgia.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-22-2009, 09:19 AM
I know we're facing a recession, but Overtime's posts are gonna make this the Great Depression.

CoachChaz
09-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Not sure if it's been said yet, but Turner needs to teach the kid to turn his shoulders. If he takes too many more direct hits, he's going to be on the shelf for awhile.

honz
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Looks like Overtime got banned. LOL. Wonder if it is a perma-ban or just a suspension...I'm guessing just a suspension.

Slick
09-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Looks like Overtime got banned. LOL. Wonder if it is a perma-ban or just a suspension...I'm guessing just a suspension.

Called a Bears fan a fag. He seems like an angry guy. It isn't healthy to carry that kind of anger day after day. I'm afraid he's going to stroke out.

underrated29
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
since OT is banned for a while. Maybe we can close the thread.

Or better yet, lets make a new thread to pimp and predict Knowshons tds and yards next week.

You know that he is going to come here to look and see whats going on, even if he cant post.

powderaddict
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM

So you expect a rookie, in his 2nd game ever, to outperform the best RB in football (180 last week)?

Yeah, I want some of whatever it is you're smoking :lol:

dogfish
09-22-2009, 12:10 PM

So you expect a rookie, in his 2nd game ever, to outperform the best RB in football (180 last week)?

Yeah, I want some of whatever it is you're smoking :lol:

from some of the JUNK that's been posted about knowshon, i truly, honestly think that some people expected the guy to put up at least 325 rushing yards and five TDs in his first two games. . . afterall, the guy was a first round draft pick! and you know that means he's supposed to be one of the best in the league the first time he puts his pads on. . . since he didn't out-play adrian peterson, he's now officially a disappointment. . . .

Zweems56
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

Dortoh
09-22-2009, 12:30 PM

IMO this post is going to bite you in the arse :)

SmilinAssasSin27
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

what?

GEM
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
what?

I think he was referring to the thread starter.

powderaddict
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
For the record, after 2 weeks Knowshon leads all rookie RB's in rushing yards.

Just sayin'.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Then they all suck.

powderaddict
09-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Then they all suck.

BUT THEY WERE DRAFTED DAMMIT

Tned-Mobile
09-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Just sayin'.

Not good enough. Should be leading all vets too...

dogfish
09-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Just sayin'.

he sucks! cut him now, don't waste any more time on him. . . .

Tned-Mobile
09-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Cut Moreno, bring Tatum back.

honz
09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Is Andre Hall available?

Italianmobstr7
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Olandis Gary please!

Lonestar
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Cut Moreno, bring Tatum back.

1-800 -Alltell ask for tater..

dogfish
09-22-2009, 08:52 PM
1-800 -Alltell ask for tater..

you guys need to stop making fun of tater because he was selling cell phones. . . .

and make more jokes about how he stole rudi johnson's bags, because that shit was way funnier. . . . :lol:

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
21 carries, 90 yards, 4.3 YPC, 1 TD

He now leads all rookie running backs in yards this season with 184.

Rk Player Team Pos Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
1 K. Moreno DEN RB 46 15.3 184 4 61.3 1 17 10 21.7 0 0 0
2 LeSean McCoy PHI RB 34 11.3 148 4.4 49.3 1 15 10 29.4 0 0 0
3 Mike Thomas JAC WR 2 2 35 17.5 35 0 22 2 100 1 0 0
4 Donald Brown IND RB 29 9.7 99 3.4 33 1 23 4 13.8 1 0 0
5 Beanie Wells ARI RB 16 5.3 71 4.4 23.7 0 17 3 18.8 0 0 2
6 Glen Coffee SF RB 35 11.7 64 1.8 21.3 0 13 3 8.6 0 0 0
7 G. Johnson NYG RB 6 3 23 3.8 11.5 0 11 1 16.7 0 0 0
8 M. Stafford DET QB 5 1.7 30 6 10 1 21 2 40 1 0 0
9 Percy Harvin MIN WR 5 1.7 28 5.6 9.3 0 13 3 60 0 0 0
10 Aaron Brown DET RB 10 3.3 25 2.5 8.3 0 9 0 0 0 0 0
11 Q. Lawrence KC WR 1 0.5 16 16 8 0 16 1 100 0 0 0
12 James Davis CLE RB 9 4.5 15 1.7 7.5 0 5 0 0 0 0 0
13 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 11 3.7 14 1.3 4.7 1 14T 2 18.2 0 0 1
14 Julian Edelman NE WR 1 0.5 5 5 2.5 0 5 0 0 0 0 0
15 R. Jennings JAC RB 3 1.5 2 0.7 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0
16 L. Stephens- ARI RB 1 0.3 2 2 0.7 0 2 0 0 0 0 0
17 Mike Goodson CAR RB 2 1 1 0.5 0.5 0 4 0 0 0 0 1
18 Bernard Scott CIN RB 3 1 1 0.3 0.3 0 6 0 0 0 0 0
19 Kevin Huber CIN P 1 0.3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
19 Pat White MIA QB 1 0.5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
21 Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 1 0.3 -1 -1 -0.3 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0

claymore
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM

I love KM. The kid tries so freakin hard too.

Dreadnought
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Huh. Seems to me Knowshon is pretty good after all, and this thread is aging pretty badly

Tned
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Yes, but that has to be factored by his draft position. So, by now he should have rushed for at least 300..

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes, but that has to be factored by his draft position. So, by now he should have rushed for at least 300..

No shit, especially since his counterpart is 11th in the league in rushing and he's 21st.

I mean, WTF is that?

BUST!

claymore
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
46 carries with no injuries..... Seems like the coaches trust him.

Tned
09-28-2009, 02:27 PM
No shit, especially since his counterpart is 11th in the league in rushing and he's 21st.

I mean, WTF is that?

BUST!

Total bust. No way he should be letting that old, surgery riddled Buckhalter show him up.

Cut his ass.

Dirk
09-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Has he even played this year? Rookies....can't trust them!

LTC Pain
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Overtime's puny and off-target analysis about KM (after one game!) seems to put his thought process in the company of Al Davis! What's KM's next two games prove Overtime? I'm thinking you're a closet Faiders fan.

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Overtime's puny and off-target analysis about KM (after one game!) seems to put his thought process in the company of Al Davis! I'm starting to think Overtime is a closet Faiders fan.

FYI, he hates Chase Daniel too.

LTC Pain
09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
.......he hates.....

Maybe this is Overtime's problem?

honz
09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
He got lucky that Ed Hochuli was officiating our game...any other official would have ruled a fumble on NoShow's TD run. 4 yards a carry? BUST!

underrated29
09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
I will tell you guys what.

I am sick and tired of knowsho Moreno Knowshowing. He needs to freaking show up for a game. This petty stuff of converting first downs and tds and tough runs up the middle is tiresome.

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
A Bust? After his game in Oakland? I knew it.. We better cut Phonso and Ayers too...no sacks and no picks!! We suck!!!

DenBronx
09-28-2009, 05:49 PM
thank GOD we did not draft beanie wells!!!

DenBronx
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I will tell you guys what.

I am sick and tired of knowsho Moreno Knowshowing. He needs to freaking show up for a game. This petty stuff of converting first downs and tds and tough runs up the middle is tiresome.

yeah, running out the clock while your ahead is way overrated!

Kaylore
09-28-2009, 05:51 PM
For splitting carries he's really coming on. Keep up the good work, Knowshon!

Nomad
09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
He showed up!:lol: Congrats on your 1st NFL TD and many more to come!!

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 06:14 PM
He got lucky that Ed Hochuli was officiating our game...any other official would have ruled a fumble on NoShow's TD run. 4 yards a carry? BUST!

Moreno crossed the plain with the ball in full control...there could be no fumble..ever played or even watched a game? Didn't think so!
and you mean Hochuli that called the retarded penalty on Royal for defending himself when a guy hit into him after a fair catch? That guy?

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
yeah, running out the clock while your ahead is way overrated!

The sarcasm was lost on this crowd! lol

Tned
09-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Moreno crossed the plain with the ball in full control...there could be no fumble..ever played or even watched a game? Didn't think so!
and you mean Hochuli that called the retarded penalty on Royal for defending himself when a guy hit into him after a fair catch? That guy?

I think Honz was being sarcastic, in the spirit of the others making sarcastic jokes about how worthless Moreno is.

shank
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM

The sarcasm was lost on this crowd! lol

*cough*ironic*cough*

shank
09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
knowshon is gonna be on broncos live in a couple min

honz
09-28-2009, 11:20 PM
http://healium.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Overtime
09-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Overtime's puny and off-target analysis about KM (after one game!) seems to put his thought process in the company of Al Davis! What's KM's next two games prove Overtime? I'm thinking you're a closet Faiders fan.

he had a better day, but still not good enough for a first round pick, 12th overall. :tsk:

good thing the refs saw that he crossed the plane when scoring that touchdown, can't be coughing the ball up like that period...down or not.

and he didn't break a 100 yards. :coffee:

closet raiders fan? Now that's just low...however i'll be glad to put on my Broncos jersey, stand in front of my house with my broncos flag flying proudly (since just before Kickoff of the Cincy game), with a sign that has today's date and a sign with your username on it and a nice little caption, when i get home from college.

closeted raiders fan? :shocked: that's just hitting below the belt.

Tned-Mobile
09-29-2009, 12:36 PM
he had a better day, but still not good enough for a first round pick, 12th overall. :tsk:

good thing the refs saw that he crossed the plane when scoring that touchdown, can't be coughing the ball up like that period...down or not.

closet raiders fan? Now that's just low...however i'll be glad to put on my Broncos jersey, stand in front of my house with my broncos flag flying proudly (since just before Kickoff of the Cincy game), with a sign that has today's date and a sign with your username on it and a nice little caption, when i get home from college.

How does he compare to the previous 20 RB's taken in the top 12?

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM

Delusional?

Yup.

honz
09-29-2009, 12:45 PM

Whatever, you are clearly a closeted Raiders fan.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM

This is ridiculous.

Ladainian Tomlinson in 2001 was the 5th overall pick in his draft class. His ypc was 3.6 and he averaged 77.6 yard per game. You really need to get a grip and stop talking smack about the team you say you're a fan of.

drewloc
09-29-2009, 01:18 PM
This is ridiculous.

Ladainian Tomlinson in 2001 was the 5th overall pick in his draft class. His ypc was 3.6 and he averaged 77.6 yard per game. You really need to get a grip and stop talking smack about the team you say you're a fan of.

Not to mention that since 2000, no rookie back has ever averaged 100 yards a game rushing, and the average yards per game for the span is 53 yards a game.

JONtheBRONCO
09-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Knowshon is a grinder... he gets the tough yards when it matter most. A back like Moreno will do wonders for this offense. We've seen him barrel through the defensive front for what would be a 3-4 yard gain, and he'll turns it into a 5-6 yard one. This is crucial for both 1st and 2nd down because it sets the offense up for a manageable 3rd down. Put in Buckhalter to supplement Moreno and this offense can really get to tickin. Hey, maybe he isn't a flashy home-run hitter, but if he keeps up the consistency and effort, I really like our chances down the road.

The addition of both Buckhalter and Moreno have been a real nice treat this season. Let's hope they both can keep it up.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Moreno would have had 100 yards had we not rested him and fed the ball to LaMont Jordan. Overtime, your dialogue regarding Moreno has to be some of the most ridiculous diatribe I've seen on a message board. Please stop trolling.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Moreno would have had 100 yards had we not rested him and fed the ball to LaMont Jordan. Overtime, your dialogue regarding Moreno has to be some of the most ridiculous diatribe I've seen on a message board. Please stop trolling.

We don't always but in the case we do. If McDaniels had kept Moreno in at the end of the game I think he would cracked the 100 yards.

Overtime
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Whatever, you are clearly a closeted Raiders fan.

well if you're so sure of this, I challenge you to find any evidence of me ever supporting any Raider, or Raiders team ever.

You can find all of my posts here or at Broncos Mania under this username.

I guarantee you will not find any such garbage so support your ludicrous claim. I've been a fan of this team since you were in diapers child.

So to make such a statement laden with fallacies, and libel, is both ridiculous and incompetent on your part.

MadMax
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Bucky might have won the yards sunday but I was much more impressed with knowshons running. When our line failed to make holes in the first half bucky was getting stood up while knowshon fought and seemed to get a minimum 2-3 yards. And don't forget buck's fumble in just about the worst part of the field to fumble it.

honz
09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
well if you're so sure of this, I challenge you to find any evidence of me ever supporting any Raider, or Raiders team ever.

You can find all of my posts here or at Broncos Mania under this username.

I guarantee you will not find any such garbage so support your ludicrous claim. I've been a fan of this team since you were in diapers child.

So to make such a statement laden with fallacies, and libel, is both ridiculous and incompetent on your part.
Being so defensive is a good first sign that a person is lying/has been found out.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Bucky might have won the yards sunday but I was much more impressed with knowshons running. When our line failed to make holes in the first half bucky was getting stood up while knowshon fought and seemed to get a minimum 2-3 yards. And don't forget buck's fumble in just about the worst part of the field to fumble it.

Well McDaniels must think Moreno is worth it, he leads the team in carries.

BroncoWave
09-29-2009, 03:07 PM
This is ridiculous.

Not to mention that since 2000, no rookie back has ever averaged 100 yards a game rushing, and the average yards per game for the span is 53 yards a game.

Why don't you respond to these posts OT?

It's easy to respond to a post calling you a Raiders fan because you can simply deny it and move on, but why ignore posts based on fact that prove you expectations of what a first round pick should do entirely wrong?

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Why don't you respond to these posts OT?

It's easy to respond to a post calling you a Raiders fan because you can simply deny it and move on, but why ignore posts based on fact that prove you expectations of what a first round pick should do entirely wrong?

:salute:

Dreadnought
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM

Good reason for that too - the League has moved heavily towards a RBBC approach, us included. That's a smart thing, since its idiotic to burn out top notch running backs in 4 years through overuse and you can benefit by having guys with different skill sets on the roster. Personally I think 15-20 carries per game for any RB ought to be the absolute max.

It does bug Fantasy Football geeks some, but its a better approach to actual real live football.

Overtime
09-29-2009, 04:56 PM
This is ridiculous.

please explain to me how LT has anything to do with NoShow?? wait, he doesn't. LT's overrated as it is, and is about ready for his wheelchair anyhow. :coffee:

Being so defensive is a good first sign that a person is lying/has been found out.

im not being defensive about anything. i simply called you out on your sacrilege of an accusation.

ball is in your court hotshot, prove that I'm a closeted raiders fan.

just because I don't like a certain player on the team, doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the team.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
just because I don't like a certain player on the team, doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the team.

True.

But blind, irrational hate and delusional statements are going to be called out (and should be).

:noidea:

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
please explain to me how LT has anything to do with NoShow?? wait, he doesn't. LT's overrated as it is, and is about ready for his wheelchair anyhow. :coffee:

im not being defensive about anything. i simply called you out on your sacrilege of an accusation.

Your reply to me shows you have no real answers.

honz
09-29-2009, 05:17 PM

I was just trying to get a rise out of you for shits and giggles...a taste of your own medicine if you will. Frankly, I could care less if you were a Raiders fan and I really don't care what you say about Moreno because you are flat out wrong. I figured you would be able to spot baiting/trolling more easily as that is all you have done in this thread.

Overtime
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
True.

But blind, irrational hate and delusional statements are going to be called out (and should be).

:noidea:

sorry just don't like the kid. ive seen him curl and crawl into the fetal position in important games in Georgia, against big defenses. just not impressed, sorry you all don't like my sarcastic/pessimistic view towards him, but i think the draft pick could have been spent better elsewhere considering we already had a loaded backfield anyhow.

if he does good and proves me wrong, fine, but i have yet to see that from him. Mike Anderson came out his rookie year and ran for 1500+ yards. if knowshon does that, i'll be impressed.

Your reply to me shows you have no real answers.

and your question in no way pertains to Noshow, so no real question was asked, therefore no real answer can be given.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
sorry just don't like the kid. ive seen him curl and crawl into the fetal position in important games in Georgia, against big defenses. just not impressed, sorry you all don't like my sarcastic/pessimistic view towards him, but i think the draft pick could have been spent better elsewhere considering we already had a loaded backfield anyhow.

if he does good and proves me wrong, fine, but i have yet to see that from him. Mike Anderson came out his rookie year and ran for 1500+ yards. if knowshon does that, i'll be impressed.

and your question in no way pertains to Noshow, so no real question was asked, therefore no real answer can be given.

Oh yes it does because it proves that just because back is taken early in the draft doesn't mean his going come in and break every record known to man.

BroncoWave
09-29-2009, 05:55 PM

Well this tells me all I need to know about your ability to evaluate the running back position.

K, thanks, bye!

shank
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
donna chang thinks this thread is ridicurous.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Well this tells me all I need to know about your ability to evaluate the running back position.

K, thanks, bye!

Me thinks you're right.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
That Bust is nominated for Rookie of the WEEK, and will be mny more times!

shank
09-29-2009, 06:30 PM
That Bust is nominated for Rookie of the WEEK, and will be mny more times!

if he wasn't a bust, they wouldn't even have a vote.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM

It was a comparison to point out that LT's numbers were worse than Morenos are going to end up even if he doesn't get better this year and LT turned out to be alright and certainly not a bust.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 06:36 PM
if he wasn't a bust, they wouldn't even have a vote.

Huh? If he WASN"T a Bust? How does that have anything to do with him in the voting for "rookie of the week"?

shank
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Huh? If he WASN"T a Bust? How does that have anything to do with him in the voting for "rookie of the week"?

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd120/hipsterrunoff/photographs/kanye-west-facepalm.jpg

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:43 PM
It was a comparison to point out that LT's numbers were worse than Morenos are going to end up even if he doesn't get better this year and LT turned out to be alright and certainly not a bust.

Not a bad career for a guy who was overrated wouldn't you say?

dogfish
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM

oh, snap! like ZOMG, guys-- he's a FIRST ROUND PICK!!

he should have at least a thousand yards and ten touchdowns by now!

if mcdaniels won't let him run it 25 or 30 times next week, knowshon should just kick his ass and start calling the plays himself. . . because, you know, he's a FIRST ROUND PICK!!

doesn't the bum realize what kind of expectations overtime has of FIRST ROUND PICKS??

he better start living up to those, pronto, before they just decide to cut him. . . .

BroncoJoe
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
What a waste of 14 pages on this forum.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
A Post full of sound and Fury..sgnifying nothing! :throwrock:

underrated29
09-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Of ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME!

gobroncsnv
09-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, Knowshon outrushed Peterson this week... 90 - 85. Look for AP to hit the waiver wire this week again. (Noone took him off of waivers last week when he didn't exceed 125 yards rushing... )
Why aren't there any GOOD backs in the NFL any more???

Tempus Fugit
09-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Threads like this are why personal attacks should not only be allowed but, under certain circumstances, absolutely required.

Kaylore
09-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Overtime isn't a Raider fan, he's just a bitter Cutler widow that hates McDaniels and therefore hates everyone that McDaniels brings in because they are "tainted" by him. He's just a hater.:rolleyes:

TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Overtime isn't a Raider fan, he's just a bitter Cutler widow that hates McDaniels and therefore hates everyone that McDaniels brings in because they are "tainted" by him. He's just a hater.:rolleyes:

I think he's dead wrong. However every time someone says something you don't like it's no reason for you ot accuse them of hating McDaniels and pining over Cutler, this is ridiculous and inflammatory as well.

Day1BroncoFan
09-30-2009, 10:16 AM
We can start calling him ShowNo mercy on the D.

underrated29
09-30-2009, 11:39 AM
I think he's dead wrong. However every time someone says something you don't it no for you of anyone to accuse them of hating McDaniels and pining over Cutler, that ridiculous and inflammatory as well.

I like you TX.

But what the hell are you trying to say here????

MOtorboat
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Dumber by the day.

Tned
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
A thread that will live in infamy...

Requiem / The Dagda
10-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Other than the fumble, he's coming along quite well.

honz
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Other than the fumble, he's coming along quite well.
I bet you climaxed when he scored that TD today.

broncogirl7
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Awesome game and couldn't be prouder of Moreno!

dogfish
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
it's worth pointing out that ayers made a few plays today as well. . . our top picks are coming along nicely. . . .

LRtagger
10-04-2009, 07:11 PM
it's worth pointing out that ayers made a few plays today as well. . . our top picks are coming along nicely. . . .

Absolutely...Ayers had a great game today

Foochacho
10-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Sucks Ayers sack got negated by a penalty. I saw him in the mix of things alot this game.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Moreno looks like a stud in the making.

EMB6903
10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
It looks like we got 3 solid players with our first 3 picks.... Moreno, Ayers, and Smith have all shown flashes this year.

EMB6903
10-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Sucks Ayers sack got negated by a penalty. I saw him in the mix of things alot this game.

although hes not involved much on the statcard, he seems to always be around the QB in passing situations, had a solid game today but even before he looked good rushing the passer... Dumervil stole 2 sacks from him during that Browns game, so Im very excited about the potential we have in Ayers.... he looks like he can ball.

Overtime
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Moreno got lucky Bailey bailed his ass out after the fumble by picking off Romo.

needs to improve ball security. B- game.

drewloc
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Moreno got lucky Bailey bailed his ass out after the fumble by picking off Romo.

I think the offense got bailed out a ton today, not just Moreno, the penalties killed us in the first half. Moreno brought it good today, he had one error, doesn't mean he didn't play well. Give credit where it's due...:salute:

Bozo Jr.
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM

D- post!:rolleyes:

RunYouOver
10-04-2009, 09:39 PM

:rolleyes:

Somewhere along the line, you know, it is possible to admit that you were 100% completely wrong and regret your mistake. :coffee:

BroncoWave
10-04-2009, 09:40 PM

Yes, because non of the greats ever fumbled the ball. This totally proves that Moreno is a bust.

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 10:42 PM

You hush. Worst trade ever. We are horrible.

smith49
10-04-2009, 10:53 PM

true, but orton got lucky moreno bailed him out on that interception he threw that moreno snatched away from the defender and put in the end zone.

KCL
10-04-2009, 10:59 PM
I am not a Broncos fan but in reading through this thread...if one didn't know better...by OT's thoughts on Moreno...you'd think the guy has been playing pro for years...good lord...:rolleyes:

smith49
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I am not a Broncos fan but in reading through this thread...if one didn't know better...by OT's thoughts on Moreno...you'd think the guy has been playing pro for years...good lord...:rolleyes:

not to change the subject kcl, but i figured you would finally come to the good side after your chefs dropped gonzo.?:Dso.....you ready to make the switch? you know im just messin round.

KCL
10-04-2009, 11:14 PM
not to change the subject kcl, but i figured you would finally come to the good side after your chefs dropped gonzo.?:Dso.....you ready to make the switch? you know im just messin round.

I was trying to forget about Tony and here you bring him up... :sad:

Damn Pioli and Haley :rant:

Eh...Tony wanted to go so I am happy in a way he got his wish..hell I don't blame him...but uh no I am still a Chiefs fan...although season after season it's getting harder and harder to be one...:tsk: :lol:

The good side you say? You talking about the Saints or the Colts? :laugh:

LordTrychon
10-04-2009, 11:28 PM

Wait... just to double check....

B- is fail to you, right?

D1g1tal j1m
10-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Rewatch the replay of Marshall's TD catch and notice Moreno picking up the blitzing Brookings and taking him out (actually flipping him over with a spearing block). He ran well and was able to get past the fumble and made the key block that gave Orton all the time he needed to make that throw.

That's how you pick up the blitzing LB!
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/21991/moreno-s-block-s.gif (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/21991/moreno-s-block.html)

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Rewatch the replay of Marshall's TD catch and notice Moreno picking up the blitzing Brookings and taking him out (actually flipping him over with a spearing block). He ran well and was able to get past the fumble and made the key block that gave Orton all the time he needed to make that throw.

That's how you pick up the blitzing LB!
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/21991/moreno-s-block-s.gif (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/21991/moreno-s-block.html)

Moreno is doing everything that is being asked of him. In consecutive weeks he's scored the first rushing touchdown of his career and the first receiving touchdown of his career.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
The Broncos are 4 - 0, doing MUCH better than ANYONE outside of the organization expected, and it just absolutely amazes me that some on here are still finding criticism with some players, the coach, etc :tsk:

T.K.O.
10-07-2009, 04:13 PM
this pic makes me happy!http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_wk_3_2009_02.jpg

Brand
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
That's because some are still in a funk over the Quitler thing and over the "loss" of Shanahan. Keep in mind that McD did nothing to improve the D, especially the Line. And to not take a D player first was a cardinal sin for some, and then that Phonso boy is just not worth the ego trip of having two Ones next year.

They are still in existential shock......

weazel
10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Moreno is doing everything that is being asked of him. In consecutive weeks he's scored the first rushing touchdown of his career and the first receiving touchdown of his career.

nope, bust!

LMAO!!!!

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
That's because some are still in a funk over the Quitler thing and over the "loss" of Shanahan. Keep in mind that McD did nothing to improve the D, especially the Line. And to not take a D player first was a cardinal sin for some, and then that Phonso boy is just not worth the ego trip of having two Ones next year.

They are still in existential shock......

It has nothing do with Cutler or Shanahan. OT just doesn't like Moreno.

D1g1tal j1m
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Look at the picture the the DP decided to use on their story on Marshall and Orton.

The aftermath of the block by the rookie RB Moreno.
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/1007/20091007__xBRONCOS_COWBOYS6132~p1.jpg

I'm certain that no other rookie RB in his draft class would have taken Brooking down like that this year.

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Look at the picture the the DP decided to use on their story on Marshall and Orton.

The aftermath of the block by the rookie RB Moreno.
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/1007/20091007__xBRONCOS_COWBOYS6132~p1.jpg

I'm certain that no other rookie RB in his draft class would have taken Brooking down like that this year.

There are not alot of rookie running backs that get the hang of blitz protection right away.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Outside the great things that prior members have mentioned (like pass protection and recognizing the blitz) Moreno is averaging 70 yards a game (overall) offensively in his first games as a rookie. It isn't exceptional, but it's incredibly good. Good enough to the point where he'll break 1,100 yards if he stays healthy in offensive production -- and that's at keeping the pace he is at. I expect him to grow and become better as the year goes on. Not many players have that sort of an impact when they are rookies. I expect a lot out of Moreno and believe that he's doing quite well right now. Lets hope he continues to do well and better.

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Outside the great things that prior members have mentioned (like pass protection and recognizing the blitz) Moreno is averaging 70 yards a game (overall) offensively in his first games as a rookie. It isn't exceptional, but it's incredibly good. Good enough to the point where he'll break 1,100 yards if he stays healthy in offensive production -- and that's at keeping the pace he is at. I expect him to grow and become better as the year goes on. Not many players have that sort of an impact when they are rookies. I expect a lot out of Moreno and believe that he's doing quite well right now. Lets hope he continues to do well and better.

Considering how McDaniels has used him in tandem with Buckhalter I don't see how anyone could complain about his production.

T.K.O.
10-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Considering how McDaniels has used him in tandem with Buckhalter I don't see how anyone could complain about his production.

that and starting late in camp(not his fault all agents require this of top picks these days)fighting injuries and learning a complex scheme!:salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
10-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Definitely. I'm not trying to make excuses, but coming off of the knee injury as well probably slowed his transition a bit as well. I can't wait to see him progress.

underrated29
10-07-2009, 06:07 PM
We should make a prediction on when he will bust his first 30+ yarder.

He is getting oh, so close. You can see that he is almost there. Not quite adapted yet, but he is exploding through guys. Now he just needs to get his wiggle on and use that 0-90 burst and torch em.

I would still like to see us run some counters and sweeps. I think if we can get him to the edge and let him go from there he can really shine. Not that him eating the defenses alive for 5 yards up the gut is a bad thing either.

T.K.O.
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
to me he seems to run hard until we are in goal line situations...then he gets indecisive....gotta trust your gut and power it home!:elefant:

Lonestar
10-08-2009, 12:36 AM
to me he seems to run hard until we are in goal line situations...then he gets indecisive....gotta trust your gut and power it home!:elefant:

on the one fourth and 1 the lead blocker (an OLINE guy not Hillis) slipped and fell and Moreno really had not where to follow the block.. IIRC he almost ran up the legs of the blocker..

given more time on the field IMO he will be a damned fine RB..

shank
10-08-2009, 12:38 AM
on the one fourth and 1 the lead blocker (an OLINE guy not Hillis) slipped and fell and Moreno really had not where to follow the block.. IIRC he almost ran up the legs of the blocker..

given more time on the field IMO he will be a damned fine RB..

it was actually darrell reid. moreno had 0 blocking on that play. it was not his fault that he came up short.

Brand
10-10-2009, 09:45 PM
It has nothing do with Cutler or Shanahan. OT just doesn't like Moreno.

So, you are saying he is still in existential shock.......

:D

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 10:28 PM
So, you are saying he is still in existential shock.......

:D

actually it no longer matters...

Overtime
10-19-2009, 11:55 PM
ok, Moreno has proved me wrong. I have to get off his back and cut the kid some slack. he's playing very well, and very solid for a rookie. I'm still waiting for that 100+ yard game, but keep up the good work kid. you've earned my respect.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-20-2009, 01:05 AM
ok, Moreno has proved me wrong. I have to get off his back and cut the kid some slack. he's playing very well, and very solid for a rookie. I'm still waiting for that 100+ yard game, but keep up the good work kid. you've earned my respect.

I've loved the pick from day 1.

Kids gonna' be a star in this league.

I just wish he'd wrap up better (the ball).