PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game Picks

Ravage!!!
09-24-2015, 11:58 AM
I miss having some kind of thread where posters had friendly competitions on picking games.

Ravage!!!
09-24-2015, 11:58 AM
my picks for week 3

Ok.. Here is the winning combinations that will take you to your betting victories.

NYG vs Washington. NY can't seem to get their shit together. Their coaching looks like crappy decisions and their QB isn't playing well. Two weeks in a row, they blew games due to just poor calls by either the coach or the QB. Washington on the other hand, has actually looked pretty good through 2 weeks. They should have beaten the Dolphins, and they man-handled the Rams.
BUT.... the Giants will get it turned around. Another divisional game for the Giants as they have already played the Cowboys (and blew it)... so they can't lose two. Giants take this home.

Cinci @ Baltimore: Hmmm... Cinci has looked much better than Baltimore. Baltimore doesn't have a WR that worries anyone, and their running game isn't that good. Their defense is tough, but Cinci is a better team. Cinci in a TOUGh divisional battle this week.

NO @Carolina: Yuck. Crappy game. Both teams stink, but NO just stinks more than Carolina right now. Carolina here.

Oak @ Clev; Yuck.. another crappy game. Who shows up for Oakland, and now that McCown starts for the Browns..that gives them even more of a better chance. I'm going with Oakland, but that hurts to type.

ATL @ Dal: Atlanta is playing well, and Dallas is out of players. Atlanta SHOULD take this game, but this is one of those games that catches you on your suicide pool, and the talking heads will be talking about all next week because somehow Dallas pulls this out. ATL is the bet, but I smell a strange upset here.

TB @ Houston: Jeez, another crappy game. Who's playing worse/better? This one is a coin flip. I see nothing positive from Houston, and at least TB has a couple RBs. I don't like their QB,b ut they were better last week than the week before. TB

SD at Minn: If Minnesota didn't look so damned bad last week, I would actually pick them this week. But they did, AND, they lost their mascot. Things just can't be good after that. San Diego gets this win.

Jax @ NE: Hmmm.... a toss up. I flipped a coin, but it was deflated. So I'll just close my eyes and pick.... landed on NE.

PHI @ Jets. Jets. Their defense is pretty damned good, their Running gmae has a lot more bite than they've been able to show, and they have 2 WRs that are pretty good and red-zone studs. Philly has looked like shit, and I'm laughing at the Chip Kelly homers that told us he was goign to change the NFL.

Pit @ St. Louis: Wow... what a game. This is probably one of the better games of the week. Now that St. Louis has come down off the Seattle high, they are back to playing like St.Louis and Foles is looking like the QB that got him shipped. Pit is the btter team and will win this one.

Indy at Tenn: Indy looks horrendous. They need to start making things less complicated and just let Luck be luck without expecting/wanting him to do EVERYTHING. Its hard to pick Indy here, but I just can't see how I could justify taking them after what they ahve shown. The safe pick is Tennesee. The SAFER pick is to not bet this game at all. Tenn is my choice.

SF @ AZ: AZ. Nothing more to say here.

Buff @ Miami: I'm going with Miami. Miami hasn't played worth a crap..seriously. They look aweful, especially compared to how many weapons they have on the outside. They could start getting things picked up and turned around, however. Buffalo will be out to make a point after losing to NE in such a disasterous manner. Another division game for Buff.. do they lose 2 in a row? Yes.

CHI @ Seattle: No game here... Seattle plays their back-ups and win.

Denver @ Detroit: Denver has no running game. If they let Manning run his offense early and keep away from Kubiak's BS of having Manning roll out, then we should be ok. Denver is the pick, for now.

GB @ KC: KC couldn't handle Manning's passing game once he got rolling. They definitely won't handle the best QB in the NFL. KC's defense is pretty good, we think, but they've played 2 poor offenses so far. KC hasn't thrown a TD to a WR in 18 straight games, they will be throwing a lot in this game so this might be the one that finally breaks that streak....but it won't be enough this time. GB at home.

LawDog
09-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I largely agree, except that Oak and Tampa won't repeat their performances from last week and will return to earth. If SD / Minn was in Cali, I would take the dolts, but I think Minn wins at home. The Rams win at home too. I think Tenn might win, but I'd hate to bet against Luck bouncing back from last week. And I think the Bills steal one from Miami - as long as it is under 85 degrees and 80 percent humidity at kick off. The 5-day is predicting a high of 88 with 75 percent and scattered thunderstorms.

Ravage!!!
09-24-2015, 02:02 PM
I largely agree, except that Oak and Tampa won't repeat their performances from last week and will return to earth. If SD / Minn was in Cali, I would take the dolts, but I think Minn wins at home. The Rams win at home too. I think Tenn might win, but I'd hate to bet against Luck bouncing back from last week. And I think the Bills steal one from Miami - as long as it is under 85 degrees and 80 percent humidity at kick off. The 5-day is predicting a high of 88 with 75 percent and scattered thunderstorms.

Yeah.. those are great calls. One has to make a choice one way or the other, but I wouldn't bet money on either one of those games as they are just too tight.

Valar Morghulis
09-24-2015, 02:14 PM
I do an accumulator each week, i will upload my bet slip and the odds i get.

I don't bet on the Thursday games - but if i did, i would have a Redskins win and Cousins to throw 3 TDs

SR
09-24-2015, 02:51 PM
We have a thread for the pick 'em...

Joel
09-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Rosters and coaches change so much picking winners the first month always feels like an educated guess. Last years che--er "champs" lost their first and 2 of their first 4; their only other loss that year was Week 17 after they'd clinched homefield and pulled their starters.

Anyone actually betting should just remember to find a bookie and bet against every OTHER bettors educated guess: Statistical studies have shown just betting the dog every time consistently profits even if wholly ignorant of the game (i.e. people who know NOTHING of football can reliably profit just by disagreeing with people who know something.) And that bookies pay winners the losers money, taking a cut from both, so don't CARE who wins, only that equal numbers bet both sides (hence the spread.) No gambling "system" is more reliable than that (except maybe insurance. ;))

Valar Morghulis
09-26-2015, 09:38 AM

2 pound earns me just under 2 k

Ravens, Atlanta, New England, Vikes, Browns, Rams, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Saints, Az, Bills, she hawks and the pack

All to win

Ravage!!!
09-26-2015, 09:42 AM

Ravens, Atlanta, New England, Vikes, Browns, Rams, Texans, Colts, Eagles, Saints, Az, Bills, she hawks and the pack

All to win

good luck...you certainly picked some underdogs in there.

Joel
09-26-2015, 01:03 PM

All to win
No offense, but parlays are for suckers; there's a reason you got 1000:1 odds betting 2/3 favorites. "Always take the points" stats only hold for betting all games INDIVIDUALLY. The only thing that works for parlays is being a bookie. ;) I realize it was only £2, but if you're just GIVING money away I'LL give YOU my mailing address. :tongue:

Magnificent Seven
09-26-2015, 03:43 PM

All to win

There is one missing game. (Denver vs. Detroit game)

Valar Morghulis
09-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah - i know - it was not on the coupon, so rather than ask for the odds, i took it as a "sign" from the gambling gods not to bet that game this week. ( i would have bet Denver)

Dzone
09-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Ok, I dont know if there is a thread already but oh well what the hell...a blind monkey could probably pick as well

FALCONS over COWBOYS

COLTS over TITANS

Raiders over Browns

Ravens over Bengals

PATRIOTS over jags

PANTHERS over saints

JETS over eagles

TEXANS over bucs

VIKINGS over chargers

STEELERS over rams

CARDINALS over 49ers

BILLS over DOLPHINS