PDA

View Full Version : Through my eyes: Emmanuel Sanders takes it one play at a time

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Emmanuel Sanders
Player Contributor

I’m a firm believer that you gain confidence through preparation. So in every pregame I’ve got to catch at least 100 balls.

Nothing would actually happen if I didn’t — it’s all in my head — but it’s all about keeping my focus, which is what I did in the days of preparation for the Chiefs game.

My assignment has been very detailed, making preparation and attention to my technique important in order to know my opponent and their weaknesses.

There aren’t any ‘gimmies’ in the NFL, making each game difficult in its own way. Against Kansas City, we were definitely in a battle.

Our last opponent, Baltimore, plays more off-coverage. Kansas City plays more press, so it felt like you had to work for those yards even harder. Despite all that hard work, the Chiefs were the first to get up on the board in the second quarter, leaving us trailing.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Through-my-eyes-Emmanuel-Sanders-takes-it-one-play-at-a-time/3bdf28ac-c9cc-4389-9876-06882945cb17

Joel
09-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Good article; great player. Saying he writes as well as he plays sets the bar pretty high, but that was well-written, and showed a great attitude into the bargain. Is this a series, or just a one-time deal? I spend as much time as anyone sounding off from my couch, but it's always nice to get some onfield perspective from key players actually PLAYING each week.

Dzone
09-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Sanders seems to be one of those rare players who actually got an education with his college scholarship

TXBRONC
09-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Sanders seems to be one of those rare players who actually got an education with his college scholarship

SMU is pretty good school. My father-in-law earned his Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from SMU.

Joel
09-22-2015, 07:09 PM
His article wasn't just articulate (though it was that) but more polished than what I've seen from many professional columnists (few of whom have been concussed within the last year.) And he wasn't just speculating or regurgitating what he heard in a press conference or listening at the locker room door, but recounting a key players firsthand experience of the game. So when he tells us what's going on we know it IS going on, and when he tells us he's taking the right approach to his craft, we can trust that, too. If we hadn't re-signed Chris Sanders Jr. Sanders might just be my favorite Bronco.

Joel
09-22-2015, 07:10 PM
SMU is pretty good school. My father-in-law earned his Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from SMU.

My Aggie engineer friends always said CEs are the best people in the world to call when one needs PERFECTLY level stairs. :tongue:

TXBRONC
09-22-2015, 07:15 PM
My Aggie engineer friends always said CEs are the best people in the world to call when one needs PERFECTLY level stairs. :tongue:

Don't be trying to lay smack down on my father-in-law Joel. He's WWII veteran numb nuts. :wave:

:D

Joel
09-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Don't be trying to lay smack down on my father-in-law Joel. He's WWII veteran numb nuts. :wave:

:D

And, as a Texan, undoubtedly still armed accordingly. *runs, hides* :tongue:

TXBRONC
09-22-2015, 07:22 PM
And, as a Texan, undoubtedly still armed accordingly. *runs, hides* :tongue:

I don't about that but he could build you a road right through the middle of your house.

Joel
09-22-2015, 07:37 PM
I don't about that but he could build you a road right through the middle of your house.
But... I don't WANT a road right through the middle of my house.