PDA

View Full Version : Young Fan Wears Broncos Gear To School, Told To Wear Seahawks Gear

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2015, 11:57 AM
(CBS4) – A family in Tacoma, Washington says their 5-year-old granddaughter is a victim of discrimination because of her Broncos allegiance.

The 5-year-old girl participated in a dress down day at her elementary school last Friday. Students were allowed to ditch their uniforms and wear gear from their favorite team.

“Her teacher happens to be an avid Seahawks fan so she called her aside and told her that she was not allowed to wear her broncos dress, that if she didn’t have a Seahawk shirt she had to wear her uniform,” said Fawn Allen, the girl’s grandmother.

The school district said the teacher misunderstood the casual Friday rules, and the girl will be able to wear her Broncos dress this Friday.

video - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/21/young-fan-wears-broncos-gear-to-school-told-to-wear-seahawks/

Davii
09-21-2015, 12:02 PM
The struggle is real. #GoBroncos #OrangeAndBlueLivesMatter

CoachChaz
09-21-2015, 01:27 PM
When I coached Select soccer, I once told my team to separate themselves by who was a Texas fan and who wasnt. I told all the Longhorns to run two laps...all other schools one lap...and Aggies got a break. A few minutes later, I had the other ones do what I had the Longhorns kids do anyway, but a few of them didnt explain it correctly to their parents and I had a few phone calls that night. It was all in fun, but all it takes is a misunderstanding and all hell breaks loose.

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 11:25 AM
When I coached Select soccer, I once told my team to separate themselves by who was a Texas fan and who wasnt. I told all the Longhorns to run two laps...all other schools one lap...and Aggies got a break. A few minutes later, I had the other ones do what I had the Longhorns kids do anyway, but a few of them didnt explain it correctly to their parents and I had a few phone calls that night. It was all in fun, but all it takes is a misunderstanding and all hell breaks loose.

Stupid move in your part thinking Texas fans could explain something clearly.