PDA

View Full Version : "Fake Gronk"

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 03:59 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/18/9351537/von-miller-travis-kelce-fake-gronk-ooooooooooh-here-we-go

Von Miller calls Travis Kelce a 'fake GRONK' after tossing him like a ragdoll

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 04:06 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/3a2775f7e9af21ee56ed9bbcc5db33de/tumblr_ng36b9mIDx1tpbo5co1_500.gif

DenBronx
09-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Aaaaahahahahaha too funny. But Kelce actually looks like a beast at TE. Not going to lie, he is a thousand times better than our TEs. Virgil Green is lucky he didn't drop that ball last night. He tried to catch it with his body at first. That's terrible form for a receiver. Use your hands, not your body. He adjusted well though so good for him.

Side note: How can anyone not like Von Millers sack dances? Loved it last night.

DenBronx
09-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Shane where do you get these gifs?

I need to text and troll some raider fans today.

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 05:19 PM
giphy.com, sbnation.com and the google :)

olathebroncofan
09-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Aaaaahahahahaha too funny. But Kelce actually looks like a beast at TE. Not going to lie, he is a thousand times better than our TEs. Virgil Green is lucky he didn't drop that ball last night. He tried to catch it with his body at first. That's terrible form for a receiver. Use your hands, not your body. He adjusted well though so good for him.

Side note: How can anyone not like Von Millers sack dances? Loved it last night.

Green was on the radio and said that he was fighting the lights when he caught that td pass.

Slick
09-18-2015, 06:50 PM
The better gif is of Von rag-dolling Kelce. Find that one Falco.

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 07:03 PM
there is a bunch of vines , but this website doesnt have vine embedding support

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 07:05 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/18/9351629/von-millers-nsfw-sack-dance-inspired-by-key-and-peele-skit-may-have

Miller explained on Instagram Friday morning that the dance was inspired by a Key & Peele kit

Slick
09-18-2015, 07:11 PM
there is a bunch of vines , but this website doesnt have vine embedding support

Put up a link. I can't seem to find it now.

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 07:12 PM
check the first post l ink

ShaneFalco
09-18-2015, 07:14 PM
if this website had vine support all i would do is post this :(

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eUpqdtwOeVU/embed/simple?audio=1" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

DenBronx
09-18-2015, 07:20 PM
The better gif is of Von rag-dolling Kelce. Find that one Falco.

Someone post this one please! Lol

DenBronx
09-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Nevermind, just saw it from the link. That was awesome. Just manhandled Kelce and Kelce is a big boy. Threw him like nothing!

Slick
09-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Someone post this one please! Lol

He can't. Click on Falco's first post. It's in there.

Dzone
09-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Kelce Ragdolled by Von Miller...This is friggin great..looks like kelce was trying to give von a right upper cut
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/18/9351537/von-miller-travis-kelce-fake-gronk-ooooooooooh-here-we-go

Ziggy
09-19-2015, 09:03 AM
watch?v=tqp1zk27cpc

Ravage!!!
09-19-2015, 09:26 AM
I wish we had that 'fake gronk' on our team. But after that vid, I guess the Chiefs will be getting rid of him because he's missed time due to injury, and obviously can't block.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2015, 10:45 AM
I wish we had that 'fake gronk' on our team. But after that vid, I guess the Chiefs will be getting rid of him because he's missed time due to injury, and obviously can't block.

only if he wants paid like someone who has heart, can block and never misses game time - whilst the are changing their team philosphy on how TEs will be used

Ravage!!!
09-19-2015, 10:52 AM
only if he wants paid like someone who has heart, can block and never misses game time - whilst the are changing their team philosphy on how TEs will be used

This makes no sense.

Davii
09-19-2015, 10:57 AM
if this website had vine support all i would do is post this :(

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eUpqdtwOeVU/embed/simple?audio=1" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

The code is out there, we'd just need to ask TNed and find him a spare hour in the day.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2015, 10:59 AM
what is a vine

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2015, 11:00 AM
This makes no sense.

sorry i thought you were making a comparison to Kelce/JT and the Broncos/Chiefs fans/situation

Ravage!!!
09-19-2015, 11:22 AM
sorry i thought you were making a comparison to Kelce/JT and the Broncos/Chiefs fans/situation

I was, and your post still didn't make sense. Not in the reality sense, that is.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2015, 11:34 AM
I was, and your post still didn't make sense. Not in the reality sense, that is.

You seem to think we wanted rid of JT because he got injured and could not block, as a result, you were implying the chiefs will do the same with Kelce.

Am i right so far?

Ravage!!!
09-19-2015, 11:37 AM
You seem to think we wanted rid of JT because he got injured and could not block, as a result, you were implying the chiefs will do the same with Kelce.

Am i right so far?

I don't think that at all, but the consensus around here seems to be that. As far as the rest of the post, I was being completely facetious by comparing their TE to the one we lost. He's a great receiving TE that will demand big money. He's lost quite a bit of playing time due to injury, and Miller threw him down like a bi***. So if that same mindset is there that it is here, they will be letting him go at the end of his contract.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2015, 11:52 AM
I don't think that at all, but the consensus around here seems to be that. As far as the rest of the post, I was being completely facetious by comparing their TE to the one we lost. He's a great receiving TE that will demand big money. He's lost quite a bit of playing time due to injury, and Miller threw him down like a bi***. So if that same mindset is there that it is here, they will be letting him go at the end of his contract.

so if that is what you were saying, i have no idea how my original post does not make sense. But in the interests of clarity.

The Chiefs will only let him go if....

Kelce asks for more money than his skillset and body of work have earned
and/or
They change their offensive philosophy to one which requires skills not readily possessed by Kelce
and/or
He refuses to play for the chiefs because of injury and when he does he puts his next contract before helping the team win

Ravage!!!
09-19-2015, 11:58 AM
so if that is what you were saying, i have no idea how my original post does not make sense. But in the interests of clarity.

The Chiefs will only let him go if....

Kelce asks for more money than his skillset and body of work have earned
and/or
They change their offensive philosophy to one which requires skills not readily possessed by Kelce
and/or
He refuses to play for the chiefs because of injury and when he does he puts his next contract before helping the team win

Yes.. and your comparisons to Kelce and JT.. in reality... doesn't make sense since it's based on conjecture and bias. It's cool, I mean, that's your opinion. But those aren't really facts.

Valar Morghulis
09-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Yes.. and your comparisons to Kelce and JT.. in reality... doesn't make sense since it's based on conjecture and bias. It's cool, I mean, that's your opinion. But those aren't really facts.

i have made no comparisons to JT/Kelce - none whatsever, that's the whole point of my post in rebuttal to your comparision. Their situations are totally different and not the same.

Davii
09-19-2015, 01:35 PM
what is a vine

Think instagram but for short videos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Kelce is much more physical than JT. It's about as accurate as comparing Ashley Lelie to Demaryius Thomas.

DenBronx
09-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Going to enjoy seeing Kelce vs Miller v2 in our next game. This time in Denver!

MOtorboat
09-20-2015, 12:05 AM
Kelce is much more physical than JT. It's about as accurate as comparing Ashley Lelie to Demaryius Thomas.

lol. Good grief.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-20-2015, 02:52 AM
lol. Good grief.

I thought you and a few of the other JT fan boys would appreciate that. :D

DenBronx
09-20-2015, 03:58 AM
lol. Good grief.

I thought you and a few of the other JT fan boys would appreciate that. :D

Oh yeah, Owens was a HUGE upgrade! HUGE I tell ya!

ShaneFalco
09-20-2015, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE

Joel
09-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Flipping Kelce fits the literal meaning of "unnecessary roughness," so could've been flagged for it, IMHO. Not saying it was DIRTY; I don't think Miller was trying to injure him, and it looked like Kelce started the pushing and shoving, but, as the kids say, "that escalated quickly." And needlessly (especially since I think it was post-whistle.) Shoving a guy off is one thing; cartwheeling him through the air's another.

Again: NOT comparing Miller to the psychopathic cheapshot artists in Seattle and Pitt; there was no harm done, and I'm confident none was meant. But the 15-yarders were flying fast and furiously in that game, and at some point the cost of those outweighs any intimadation benefit (I think that point was when Charles crossed our goal line in the 2nd quarter, but maybe we intimidated him into fumbling twice.)

As for JT: Paying DT-money when DT does BOTH their jobs better and JT's only played 1½ of 4 seasons would've been insane. Which is probably why the Jags are paying him $9 million/yr but still waiting to see him on the FIELD. Anyone wish we'd had JT in civies on our last drive against KC, instead of DT leaping for long passes to extend drives? Didn't think so; I know which one Anderson and Hillman prefer blocking for them, too. Only way keeping both made sense was to make DT a TE and JT the WR he thinks he is: But DT runs cleaner routes more physically, too.

I miss him about as much as Beadles: I hope they have fun splitting $100 million to post 6-win seasons indefinitely (all things considered, they'll probably laugh all the way to the bank.)

Joel
09-20-2015, 05:03 PM
The biggest thing Daniels brings that JT didn't is what Harris brings: They're the ONLY PLAYERS ON THE TEAM WHO KNOW THE KUBIAK/DENNISON OFFENSE. When whichever poor SOB with the misfortune of being the starting Jags RB posts the kind of rushing totals and averages Foster (and even Ben Tate) routinely did I might miss JT and Beadles. Until/unless that happens, understrength guards who pancake safeties 20 yards downfield 2 seconds after a LB stuffs their RB for a loss, and ex-shooting guards who picked up football their last year of college, are both a dime a dozen; $100 mil/pair is grand larceny.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2015, 11:38 PM

He's done more than JT so far and he's cheap.

MOtorboat
09-20-2015, 11:40 PM
He's done more than JT so far and he's cheap.

He has two receptions and he can't block. He hasn't done anything more than what Thomas provided this offense last year. I think it's quite obvious that the offensive line isn't fixed now that the "*****" is gone. If you have to rely on a tight end to have a good line, your line sucks. Not the tight end.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2015, 11:41 PM
He has two receptions and he can't block. He hasn't done anything more than what Thomas provided this offense last year. I think it's quite obvious that the offensive line is fixed now that the "*****" is gone. If you have to rely on a tight end to have a good line, your line sucks. Not the tight end.

And what has JT done?

MOtorboat
09-20-2015, 11:43 PM
And what has JT done?

You're right. His injury proves Denver is better of without him.

Dapper Dan
09-20-2015, 11:49 PM

I'd much rather have him than not have him. Let me know how we can afford him and all the other players. Just don't tell the NFL because whatever it is would probably be illegal.

MOtorboat
09-20-2015, 11:50 PM
I'd much rather have him than not have him. Let me know how we can afford him and all the other players. Just don't tell the NFL because whatever it is would probably be illegal.

You can always make the cap work.

They low-balled him with a contract that had no guaranteed money at all. I would have walked too.

Joel
09-20-2015, 11:59 PM
No, his many injurieS, inability and outright REFUSAL to block, ragged routes and, most importantly, believing all that worth as much as an All Pro WR who runs better routes AND blocks better, prove we're better off without him. At least Daniels suits up on game day; that's more than Formerly Orange Julius has been able to say the majority of his career.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 12:01 AM
No, his many injurieS, inability and outright REFUSAL to block, ragged routes and, most importantly, believing all that worth as much as an All Pro WR who runs better routes AND blocks better, prove we're better off without him. At least Daniels suits up on game day; that's more than Formerly Orange Julius has been able to say the majority of his career.

OK. Whatever you say.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 12:13 AM

They low-balled him with a contract that had no guaranteed money at all. I would have walked too.

I don't see how he was worth very much guaranteed money.

DenBronx
09-21-2015, 12:14 AM

"At least Daniels suits up on gameday".

Wow, what a great accomplishment.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 12:14 AM
I don't see how he was worth very much guaranteed money.

We disagree.

DenBronx
09-21-2015, 12:21 AM
Wasnt it only 4-5 million?

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 12:25 AM
He got 24 million guaranteed and about 8 million a year.

DenBronx
09-21-2015, 12:27 AM
I was thinking Pot Roast then.

NightTrainLayne
09-21-2015, 12:36 AM

You CAN always make the cap work, if you think it's worth it.

Elway didn't think it was worth it, to make the cap work the Julius. That much is obvious.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 12:49 AM
You CAN always make the cap work, if you think it's worth it.

Elway didn't think it was worth it, to make the cap work the Julius. That much is obvious.

Right. And this offense is worse for it.

Timmy!
09-21-2015, 01:22 AM
Denver TE tds this season: 1

Julious tds: 0

Somebody check my math cause that's not worse.

Right about here is where MO says a bunch of stuff.

Right about here is where I direct his eyes back to the facts. 1-0.

Fluffy Bunny loves sitting on the bench, and now that he got paid its going to be even worse.

DenBronx
09-21-2015, 01:28 AM
Here's the problem. Teams can now double team DT. This is why his numbers are down. When JT was here teams had to play man on man making DT, Julius, Sanders and Welker all lethal targets.

Having JT here opened up everything. It wasnt just him but it was everyone together. It even opened up the run game. This is why you see a stale offense at times this year.

Even when DT gets doubled he will still win battles but it was way easier when defenses had to also worry about Welker and JT. How are some of you are not getting that?

And for the love of God...quit posting JTs stats or comparing him to Green or Daniels. The dude is injured and plays on the Jags.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 01:31 AM
Here's the problem. Teams can now double team DT. This is why his numbers are down. When JT was here teams had to play man on man making DT, Julius, Sanders and Welker all lethal targets.

Having JT here opened up everything. It wasnt just him but it was everyone together. It even opened up the run game. This is why you see a stale offense at times this year.

Even when DT gets doubled he will still win battles but it was way easier when defenses had to also worry about Welker and JT. How are some of you are not getting that?

And for the love of God...quit posting JTs stats or comparing him to Green or Daniels. The dude is injured and plays on the Jags.

He stretched defenses and assured Thomas didn't get double teamed, sure, but he's a *****.

Did I get that right?

Timmy!
09-21-2015, 01:39 AM
Blah blah blah. Hisjurg ga blah. Ya'll keep spewing the same crap....and lol at don't compare JT to our current te's or his stats, he is hurt and plays for the jags........and that hurts my arguement.

Look, its painfully obvious the Broncos need a 3rd receiving threat to work the middle/seems. Anybody with eyes can see that. Nobody will argue that JT is excellent at this, WHEN he actually gets on the field, and that's the point here......which brings us back to 1-0, for half the cost. Dont worry, since we all love stats so much we can keep a running total of JT vs Den te's going.

Timmy!
09-21-2015, 01:42 AM
He stretched defenses and assured Thomas didn't get double teamed, sure, but he's a *****.

Did I get that right?

Close. So close MO. Let's see if you can find the correlation between being hurt and literally missing 1/2 the games in your career and how it relates to taking double teams off our outside wr's.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 02:24 AM
Close. So close MO. Let's see if you can find the correlation between being hurt and literally missing 1/2 the games in your career and how it relates to taking double teams off our outside wr's.

Owen Daniels has missed more games that Thomas the last two years.

Is he soft?

Valar Morghulis
09-21-2015, 02:29 AM

Is he soft?

He is injury prone.

Probably why he gets paid the way he does

Poet
09-21-2015, 02:29 AM

Is he soft?

J.T. got hit with the soft label really hard after the Cincinnati game. Before that it was mostly "we love you Orange Julius," and "wow having a receiving tight end is great!"

Narratives are fickle things.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 02:36 AM
J.T. got hit with the soft label really hard after the Cincinnati game. Before that it was mostly "we love you Orange Julius," and "wow having a receiving tight end is great!"

24 touchdowns in 2 years. Man, that's a lot.

Poet
09-21-2015, 02:39 AM

Hard to imagine such a soft guy could do that. I mean I heard J.T. is so soft that if you stare at him hard enough he passes out. Did the defenders just go into full-fledged Hellen Keller mode when he took the field?

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 02:40 AM
Hard to imagine such a soft guy could do that. I mean I heard J.T. is so soft that if you stare at him hard enough he passes out. Did the defenders just go into full-fledged Hellen Keller mode when he took the field?

Touchdowns are overrated, actually. Or so I've been told.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 02:40 AM
I don't think it's too crazy to think a guy who hasn't played a full season shouldn't get $20 million in guaranteed money when you still needed to resign your top receiver, and will need to resign your top defender. I don't hate JT. I just don't think we could afford him and when you pay a guy that much money, you need him to be out there every day. Maybe he will get over this injury thing like DT did. I don't know. He's a couple years away from hitting 30 and that's when players can struggle with injuries a bit more. I also fail to see how our offense is struggling simply because of his absence. I tend to think it has more to do with only returning 1 OL starter. Also, like Timmy said, we don't have a real #3 option.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 02:41 AM

Woah, Clinton Portis number right there.

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 02:43 AM
I don't think it's too crazy to think a guy who hasn't played a full season shouldn't get $20 million in guaranteed money when you still needed to resign your top receiver, and will need to resign your top defender. I don't hate JT. I just don't think we could afford him and when you pay a guy that much money, you need him to be out there every day. Maybe he will get over this injury thing like DT did. I don't know. He's a couple years away from hitting 30 and that's when players can struggle with injuries a bit more. I also fail to see how our offense is struggling simply because of his absence. I tend to think it has more to do with only returning 1 OL starter. Also, like Timmy said, we don't have a real #3 option.

If Thomas' blocking was was such a problem, we should have seen an immediate improvement this year.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 02:48 AM
If Thomas' blocking was was such a problem, we should have seen an immediate improvement this year.

Really? We lose our franchise LT, we start a rookie in his place, our C is basically still a rookie, and our RT is a solid backup at best. You think the problem is that our TEs aren't blocking well enough? Do you really think this or are you saying something silly to get Joel going?

MOtorboat
09-21-2015, 02:53 AM
Really? We lose our franchise LT, we start a rookie in his place, our C is basically still a rookie, and our RT is a solid backup at best. You think the problem is that our TEs aren't blocking well enough? Do you really think this or are you saying something silly to get Joel going?

No. I don't think that at all, because I don't care about his blocking, but the fact that the offensive line still sucks and he's gone is a point that should be made when people complain incessantly about his blocking.

DenBronx
09-21-2015, 02:55 AM

Did I get that right?

Julius Thomas assured that defenses wouldn't double DT our best WR and actually opened up our playbook....yes that's correct. Can anyone else see Daniels executing the same plays or taking away DTs double teams? I dont think teams respect our TEs right now. Which might be why Green was open in the endzone. Lol

24 TDs in 2 years is no joke. He's soft though so TDs don't matter I guess.

Poet
09-21-2015, 03:03 AM

You have to take that sentence and direct it at those who want J.T. gone for his blocking. Because from our stance, if everyone sucks at blocking, then the sins of J.T. blocking are just drops of water in a sea of shitty protection.

It's almost like the situation is so bad that you might want a tight end who can stall blitzes and create mismatches that make it easier for the QB to function...

J.T. is a bad blocker. It was largely irrelevant when Manning was a stud. It would be largely irrelevant now that the line is awful. Let's be clear, if you have a great receiving tight end his shitty blocking is a minor problem.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Should we have kept Eric Decker too? He also had 24 TDs in 2 years. He also had 2300 yards in those 2 years. Julius Thomas got half that in his 2 years. Or do yards not matter?

Poet
09-21-2015, 03:07 AM
Yards also matter. Keeping both would have been ideal, not sure if truly possible, though. Keeping one however was possible. I was under the impression that the Broncos could not have kept J.T. That impression was incorrect.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 03:09 AM
You have to take that sentence and direct it at those who want J.T. gone for his blocking. Because from our stance, if everyone sucks at blocking, then the sins of J.T. blocking are just drops of water in a sea of shitty protection.

It's almost like the situation is so bad that you might want a tight end who can stall blitzes and create mismatches that make it easier for the QB to function...

J.T. is a bad blocker. It was largely irrelevant when Manning was a stud. It would be largely irrelevant now that the line is awful. Let's be clear, if you have a great receiving tight end his shitty blocking is a minor problem.

I was directing it at the person who implied it. I am not sure why blocking was brought up exactly.

I agree with the last part. When we let a few defenders or Demaryius go, maybe we can afford a great receiving TE.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Yards also matter. Keeping both would have been ideal, not sure if truly possible, though. Keeping one however was possible. I was under the impression that the Broncos could not have kept J.T. That impression was incorrect.

I'm not sure if they could have or not. According to Mo, we could have by giving him a lot of guaranteed money. I'm not sure if that's a safe commitment. Even if we gave him a lot of guaranteed money, he pulled in 8 mill a year in Jacksonville. I don't know how all of that works out.

Joel
09-21-2015, 04:48 AM
"At least Daniels suits up on gameday".

Wow, what a great accomplishment.
It would be exceptional for a guy who's only managed it 2/5 seasons. Jags should've pro-rated his contract with a much bigger version of the playing time incentives we gave Mathis (at which point he probably would've bailed; earning money's not as fun as collecting it, amirite?)

All good points, but those are more arguments why Latimer shouldn't be on the team than why Julius Thomas should. Who's he opening things up for now?

Right, and being injured half his career is one of many reasons he's "playing" for THEM (that, and the Jags being run by idiots.) We didn't have $20 mil to split between the Thomases; I prefer the one who blocks better (even though he's not a TE,) is always where Manning expects him to be, and set a SB reception record with a separated shoulder while JT and the rest of the non-Manning offense did squat. Maybe if the Jags play their cards wrong Man Ram can join Beadles and JT and snap balls over THEIR QBs head.

Is he soft?

No, but he's also been in the league a lot more than three seasons. Lets go back further (i.e. don't conveniently stop short of JT missing MOST OF HIS FIRST TWO SEASONS) to compare games played?

Daniels
Games

Year
GS

2011 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/)

2012 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/)*

2013 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/)

2014 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/)

2015 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2015/)

Thomas
Games

Year
GS

2011 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/)

2012 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/)

2013 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/)*

2014 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/)*

Daniels played more games JTs first 3 years than JTs played in 4+. Twice the cash for a far worse blocker who runs wherever he wants instead of wherever he's told, and gets hurt 50% more than a guy 6 years older; make sense? 24 TDs in 2 years is great, but 24 in 4 years (and counting...) isn't worth $9 mil for each of them.

I can't speak for others, but was raising Hell over his awful blocking (a symptom of softness) long before playing ya'll; check the 'Skins GameDay thread and I believe you'll find I was ecstatic when Dreessen replaced him: Suddenly our blocking wasn't crap, and all Dreessen did was convert a pair of 4th downs (one in the end zone.) Cincy's not the center of the universe, man (for which we're all very grateful. :tongue:)

Maybe Miller's right about Kelce; he's spent enough time around a premier Fake Gronk to know when he sees him. Gronk'll flatten LBs though: He gets hurt EARNING his pay.

DenBronx
09-21-2015, 05:34 AM
Should we have kept Eric Decker too? He also had 24 TDs in 2 years. He also had 2300 yards in those 2 years. Julius Thomas got half that in his 2 years. Or do yards not matter?

Julius is a TE....Decker is a WR. Those kind of stats are very rare for TEs. Stats like Deckers are a dime a dozen....look around the NFL.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Julius is a TE....Decker is a WR. Those kind of stats are very rare for TEs. Stats like Deckers are a dime a dozen....look around the NFL.

Poor Chiefs

BroncoJoe
09-21-2015, 10:24 AM
Was it JT or Manning?

Just don't care he's not here anymore. We're 2-0. How could JT have improved on that?

Timmy!
09-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Was it JT or Manning?

Just don't care he's not here anymore. We're 2-0. How could JT have improved on that?

By sitting on the bench getting paid (otherwise known as keeping double teams off DT) while his dad runs his mouth. Keep up Joe.

Poet
09-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Joel, if you were raising hell over his blocking then I would take the criticism more seriously coming from you.

Joe, he could improve upon the record by helping Manning get hit less. The Broncos could just as easily be 0-2 right now, and you know that. The stance is a little specious, no?

BroncoJoe
09-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Joel, if you were raising hell over his blocking then I would take the criticism more seriously coming from you.

Joe, he could improve upon the record by helping Manning get hit less. The Broncos could just as easily be 0-2 right now, and you know that. The stance is a little specious, no?

No, because we aren't 0-2. We're 2-0.

Poet
09-21-2015, 01:36 PM
We'll try this a different way - the Broncos are 2-0, right? So would the addition of Jerry Rice make the team any better? What about Joe Thomas? What about Deion Sanders? Barry Sanders? Would Aaron Rodgers make the team better? Antonio Brown? Gronk? Max Unger? Just because a team is 2-0 does not mean they are perfect, nor does it mean that in two tight games they couldn't just as easily be 1-1 or 0-2.

Joel
09-21-2015, 01:55 PM
No, because we aren't 0-2. We're 2-0.

It's a fair point as far as it goes: We won 12 games and a #2 seed last year, but Manning was walking wounded before we even reached the playoffs, unable to step into throws on a bum leg even if he'd had time to do it. We won 13 and the #1 seed the year before, but followed the best regular season passing ever with a desultory playoff run culminating in a fully healthy Manning getting fully throttled in the SB. We won a lot of games, but couldn't win a championship expecting Manning to do it all alone.

Yet, from that perspective: We had JT last year (till injury cost him half the season, for the 3rd time in 4 years) and the SB; did he help even a bit? What we needed both times wasn't yet another receiving threat for Mannings quick release (we had THREE others with 10 TDs in 2013, after all.) We needed pass protection to prevent Seattle killing him at the snap without even blitzing, and run blocking so they couldn't ignore Moreno and tee off on Manning in the first place. If JT did THOSE things half as well as Gronk (i.e. was a TE, not a sloppy WR) we might have kept him; since he doesn't, we didn't.

BigDaddyBronco
09-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Manning wasn't hit much last year. His leg injury came from trying to run during the San Diego game. We might be in serious trouble if we lose Sanders or DT for a few games. I still don't think we could afforded both JT and turn around and pay Von this year, so I would rather stick with Von, but he would have made us better.

Dapper Dan
09-21-2015, 10:06 PM
We'll try this a different way - the Broncos are 2-0, right? So would the addition of Jerry Rice make the team any better? What about Joe Thomas? What about Deion Sanders? Barry Sanders? Would Aaron Rodgers make the team better? Antonio Brown? Gronk? Max Unger? Just because a team is 2-0 does not mean they are perfect, nor does it mean that in two tight games they couldn't just as easily be 1-1 or 0-2.

That would put us over the cap

Davii
09-22-2015, 10:32 AM
That would put us over the cap

We'd be well over the 53 player limit as well, not to mention the AARP would not be happy with us over some of those signings.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 11:35 AM
If only we had traded JT to Seattle for Max Unger, that would have been a nice addition.

I think they showed interest and offered us Harvin last year, but I may have made that up.

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 11:50 AM
If only we had traded JT to Seattle for Max Unger, that would have been a nice addition.

I think they showed interest and offered us Harvin last year, but I may have made that up.

I don't know. If Seattle had a good tight end they could stretch the middle and be unstoppable.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:02 PM
I don't know. If Seattle had a good tight end they could stretch the middle and be unstoppable.

lol yeah - that graham cant cut it, too soft.

All joking aside, Graham is notorious for going missing in big games as well

MOtorboat
09-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Seattle's receivers don't even come close to Demaryius Thomas and Emmannuel Sanders. Completely different scenario. Different offense, too.

Valar Morghulis
09-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Seattle's receivers don't even come close to Demaryius Thomas and Emmannuel Sanders. Completely different scenario. Different offense, too.

Totally agree - what was your post in relation to?

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 12:49 PM
lol yeah - that graham cant cut it, too soft.

All joking aside, Graham is notorious for going missing in big games as well

JT goes missing too. Stashed on the injury report.

MOtorboat
09-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Totally agree - what was your post in relation to?

Dapper Dan trying to make the comparison between Denver and Seattle.

Dapper Dan
09-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Dapper Dan trying to make the comparison between Denver and Seattle.

If that's the case, then this is a different team too.