PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Salt Lake

BigBee
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi all:beer:,
My wife and I are Bronco fans but have never made it to a game and hope to this year. We received a hotel voucher when we got a new fridge and one of the cities we can stay in is Denver, so why not. I joined this in hopes of finding out where the fun tailgating is and the fun places to get seats. We hope to get tickets somewhere for the game against the Giants since that the only weekend we can really make it. I was stationed at Ft Carson about 8 years ago and had fun in Denver but I can't really remember much about the night life, so any suggestions would be nice. I do know Dave and Busters is a must since we don't have one here.

topscribe
09-18-2009, 05:09 PM
:welcome:

:beer:

-----

Day1BroncoFan
09-18-2009, 05:12 PM

I can't help you since I am in SoCal. :D

GEM
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Lot C seems to be the tailgate, pretty much any of the Season Tix parking has good tailgate.

I went to a couple games 2 seasons ago. Had 2 different seats. One was club level and one was up on the top in 501. I had more fun in 501. Could see the players better at club level.

Club level seemed stuffy to me. Wasn't my crowd. :shrugs: I don't understand sitting in a concord at a bar watching the game that is going on right outside the doors. :confused:

South stands, while not what they used to be, look to be a hell of a lotta fun.

They have a tour at Invesco, haven't taken it but if you like Broncos history you'd probably enjoy that.

Downtown Denver has the busiest night life and you can find different kinds of bars on the same blocks. LoDo as they call it, younger crowd.

Fun eats: Morrison Inn near Red Rocks, Beau Jos in Idaho Springs, Old Spagetti Factory in Downtown Denver.

Hope that helps and welcome to the boards! :salute:

gnomeflinger
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Watch out for that West character.

(He's a community college attendee :listen:)

Welcome to the Forum!

Dreadnought
09-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Welcome!

girler
09-18-2009, 07:16 PM

I lived in Sandy for a year. Then I moved back to the TRUE side of the Rockies. :salute:

Funny story: Mr.B (my husband) was waiting for our kids at karate at a rec center in Sandy one night, and was watching MNF on the big screen in the waiting area. Then a lady came running into the room yelling "The Jazz are playing!!!" She went to change the channel on the TV and Mr.B went "Hey! I'm watching football!" She just kind of stuttered to a stop and her mouth opened and closed like a fish a few times. She pointed at the TV and at the air and back, and then just kind of walked off in a daze. :laugh:

My favorite thing to say in Utah was "College has football? :confused:" :lol:

Tned
09-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Welcome to BroncosForums :wave:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
:welcome: to Broncos Forums - ENJOY :salute:

NightTrainLayne
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Welcome. Hope you stick around to discuss the Broncos as well. Lots of good stuff here.

My Mom grew up in SLC. Grandpa still lives there (West Valley City). He always asks me when we're moving out to God's country. It is so beautiful up there.

BigBee
09-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks everyone. Yeah the Jazz are a big deal here cause it's all we have for a pro sport, and college is a big second. When I was stationed in Colorado Springs I worked security part time (yahoos in the yellow shirts) and I was lucky enough to have a tour of the new stadium and even go in the locker room and owners suite. I also worked the opening event with the Eagles (band not team lol), still have a burn mark on the back of my neck where some firework crap came back down and got my a$$.

BigBee
09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
WOOHOO! My father in law's company here has season tickets to the Broncos and he asked if they had a connection for me and my wife to get some tickets, and he just gave him his season tickets for us on Thanksgiving.

FanInAZ
09-22-2009, 12:45 AM
I was raised in Wyoming and we used to love to go to Lagoon. Plenty of fun and no long lines like at Disney Land.

Nomad
09-26-2009, 07:12 AM
I was raised in Wyoming and we used to love to go to Lagoon. Plenty of fun and no long lines like at Disney Land.

We lived in Layton for some years (96-2000) and Lagoon was fun. I've always missed the SLC area and we have family in the SLC/Park City area as well. Hope to return to the area one day.

It's a long shot Big Bee, but do you know biglenny from Mania. He's from the SLC area!!

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Wrong side of the Rockies my ASS!!!! You guys got the Broncos we got everything else!
and bigBee weren't you on that other site too asking the same stuff? lol!

SLC in the 801 here!

BroncoNut
09-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Shotgun Willies on Colorado Blvd is a nice establishment

frauschieze
09-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Dave & Busters is meh. I was not impressed.

Welcome! :hi:

DomCasual
10-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Where are you in Salt Lake? We live on South Mountain in Draper.

Bronco Warrior
10-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Where are you in Salt Lake? We live on South Mountain in Draper.

Me? I'm in So. Salt Lake about 36th So0. and just east of State Street! What's up?