PDA

View Full Version : FBGP's NFL Gameplan Broncos/Chiefs Preview

EmDiggy
09-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Football Gameplan's Broncos vs Chiefs Game Preview (http://footballgameplan.com/fbgps-nfl-gameplan-week-2-preview-broncos-vs-chiefs/)

Good morning Broncos fans! Good luck this week!

Em

TXBRONC
09-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I'll check this out a little later but nevertheless thank you Em.

Ravage!!!
09-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Digs, man, your cast has really improved over the years. I'm very impressed that its so obvious that you work at your craft. That's awesome for you, and good luck from this point forward.

Thanks for your insight, but in your opinion, where does KC attack Denver's defense to get the most success?

EmDiggy
09-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Thanks Gang! I really appreciate the feedback and how you guys have pushed me and FBGP to steadily improve

Digs, man, your cast has really improved over the years. I'm very impressed that its so obvious that you work at your craft. That's awesome for you, and good luck from this point forward.

Thanks for your insight, but in your opinion, where does KC attack Denver's defense to get the most success?

Thanks Ravage! I think where they can attack the Broncos is at the 2nd level in the passing game. I think KC has 2 really good options at TE in Kelce and Rookie James O'Shaughnessy. They're essentially the same player. If it were me, they'd be featured in the passing game. I think that's the matchup they should exploit. It should get to a point where they sacrifice Talib by matching him up vs one of the TEs, thus creating an opportunity vs one of the other (albeit really good) CBs

TXBRONC
09-16-2015, 12:27 PM
I like the fact you're involving some other guys into your FBGP cast. It's going to be a tough game. I would not be surprised if the Chiefs try to tear out page from the Ravens defensive playbook. In the second half of the game the Ravens started taking away all the short and forcing Manning to go over the top. If the Chiefs do that Denver is going to have to hit a few of those deep passes and make them pay. On the defensive side of ball if Andy Reid does what he seems prone to do in ignoring his run game that works to Denver's advantage because I don't think they match up very against the Broncos.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks Gang! I really appreciate the feedback and how you guys have pushed me and FBGP to steadily improve

Thanks Ravage! I think where they can attack the Broncos is at the 2nd level in the passing game. I think KC has 2 really good options at TE in Kelce and Rookie James O'Shaughnessy. They're essentially the same player. If it were me, they'd be featured in the passing game. I think that's the matchup they should exploit. It should get to a point where they sacrifice Talib by matching him up vs one of the TEs, thus creating an opportunity vs one of the other (albeit really good) CBs

That's an intersting take. Denver usually matches up Marshall or Trevaithan on TE's.

TXBRONC
09-16-2015, 12:46 PM
That's an intersting take. Denver usually matches up Marshall or Trevaithan on TE's.

Yep, it will be Marshall and Trevathan on the tight ends most of the time.

tripp
09-16-2015, 02:33 PM
We're getting a lot of love from those guys. Love it

DenBronx
09-16-2015, 04:15 PM
I have to work during this game. :( I am thinking about laying off but is it really worth losing the money over? I could always record it and then watch it over but the suspense would kill me and I'd want to cheat to see the score.

This sucks.

TXBRONC
09-16-2015, 04:35 PM
I have to work during this game. :( I am thinking about laying off but is it really worth losing the money over? I could always record it and then watch it over but the suspense would kill me and I'd want to cheat to see the score.

This sucks.

Recording and watching it is still good. I probably won't be able to watch all of the game because I have to fly out of town on Friday.

DenBronx
09-16-2015, 04:47 PM

This sucks.

Recording and watching it is still good. I probably won't be able to watch all of the game because I have to fly out of town on Friday.

Yeah still sucks. Kinda bummed out because watching live is way more exciting. Plus if we are losing my friends will most likely blow up my phone with troll text or someone at work will give me a score update and spoil it anyway.

I will be able to watch 1st Q, maybe 1st half if I'm lucky at Dave and Busters near work.

TXBRONC
09-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Yeah still sucks. Kinda bummed out because watching live is way more exciting. Plus if we are losing my friends will most likely blow up my phone with troll text or someone at work will give me a score update and spoil it anyway.

I will be able to watch 1st Q, maybe 1st half if I'm lucky at Dave and Busters near work.

I'm one of your friends and promise you I won't toll you or spoil it for you. :D

Ravage!!!
09-16-2015, 06:20 PM

Interesting. I think by having Harris, we can keep Talib or Harris on Maclin while matching up Kelce in passing downs with the other....that certainly limits their options...although that lil RB KC has in the backfield is a handful.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-16-2015, 07:19 PM

This sucks.

I usually record and start the game at least an hour late so I can skip commercials.

tripp
09-16-2015, 08:45 PM

This sucks.

Yeah, I'm skipping beer league hockey for the game, not anywhere near the same level as work... but yeah... hockey.

underrated29
09-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I'm skipping beer league hockey for the game, not anywhere near the same level as work... but yeah... hockey.

Another hockey player, alright!

underrated29
09-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Em, the Chiefs will not be getting into double digits on us. Our defense is way to good.

I think the Chiefs X factor is their special teams. I fully expect knile Davis to have a bunch of nice returns against us. Tell your other analysts the likely fantasy play for the Chiefs is their defense, their kicker and Kelce, he'll have a bunch if catches, maybe not scores but catches. Broncos I would sit manning, start sanders, CJ, McManus and defense.

I predict the score as 19-3 Broncos.

Thanks for the vid.

NightTerror218
09-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Em, the Chiefs will not be getting into double digits on us. Our defense is way to good.

I think the Chiefs X factor is their special teams. I fully expect knile Davis to have a bunch of nice returns against us. Tell your other analysts the likely fantasy play for the Chiefs is their defense, their kicker and Kelce, he'll have a bunch if catches, maybe not scores but catches. Broncos I would sit manning, start sanders, CJ, McManus and defense.

Thanks for the vid.

I think broncos may lose this one. Still growing pains for OL. KC only scores 3 on our defense but DeAnthony Thomas (I think his name) dude from Oregon will have a return for TD and Manning will throw a pick 6.

Magnificent Seven
09-17-2015, 12:14 AM
If he gets one tomorrow night, Von Miller will become the third-fastest player in NFL history to reach 50 career sacks.

Check his career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/player/vonmiller/2495202/careerstats

Magnificent Seven
09-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Let's go for 50th and more!

TXBRONC
09-17-2015, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the vid.

The likelihood of the Chiefs scoring more than three points is pretty good.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2015, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the vid.

ITs a bad choice to start CJ this week... coming off a week where he had to sit out some, and Hillman will be getting more carries...not to mention KCs defense is pretty good, while OL is not.

BroncoJoe
09-17-2015, 09:42 AM
What's KC's OL like? I think I remember reading somewhere they're not too good. Hopefully true, and our DL/LB's will have a field day!

Ravage!!!
09-17-2015, 10:14 AM
What's KC's OL like? I think I remember reading somewhere they're not too good. Hopefully true, and our DL/LB's will have a field day!

Well. they spent their first over-all pick on LT two years ago, and he had to be moved this year (so far) to RT on the line because of his poor play there. Right now they have a guy they drafted in the 3rd round in 2012 @LT. Last week was his first start, and they held Houston to just 2 sacks. Grubbs their LG is a pro-bowler from the Saints. Their center is a rookie with one NFL start (last week). Their RG is a 2nd year player that had his first game last week. So they have a very young OL.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Well. they spent their first over-all pick on LT two years ago, and he had to be moved this year (so far) to RT on the line because of his poor play there. Right now they have a guy they drafted in the 3rd round in 2012 @LT. Last week was his first start, and they held Houston to just 2 sacks. Grubbs their LG is a pro-bowler from the Saints. Their center is a rookie with one NFL start (last week). Their RG is a 2nd year player that had his first game last week. So they have a very young OL.

I attribute the low sack total more to Alex Smith than I do their offensive line.

underrated29
09-17-2015, 10:28 AM
The likelihood of the Chiefs scoring more than three points is pretty good.

Maybe.

What did the ravens score? 6?

I understand the pick 6 but that is not going to happen all the time. The ravens offense is light years ahead of the chiefs, whose offense has gone a span of 3 football season without a WR catching a TD. Sure, the likelyhood of them scoring at least a td is good but I will go ahead and believe our D will keep them shut down all game. They wont even cross the 50 yard line more than 2x.

(strategy wise- I would put talib on Kelce and have him shadow him everywhere and have Harris shut down maclin. That leaves charles and deanthony Thomas for the rest of the defense. Put alex smith in the dirt a few times and he will only start throwing short 2 yard dump off passes. Once he does that its game over for the chiefs.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2015, 10:30 AM
I think the KC WR's have gone 1 season without catching a TD pass, not 3.

underrated29
09-17-2015, 10:32 AM
ITs a bad choice to start CJ this week... coming off a week where he had to sit out some, and Hillman will be getting more carries...not to mention KCs defense is pretty good, while OL is not.

I dont know. They got run on for almost 5ypc last week. We have historically been able to run on these guys pretty well. Knowshon, ball, cj last year. Their DL is sexy but guys like Hali and houston are more like doom. They are much better at rushing the passer than they are at run defense. I expect better play from our OL, not anything up to standard yet, but better. I expect better play calling and much better peyton manning play. I believe we will run on them pretty well.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I attribute the low sack total more to Alex Smith than I do their offensive line.

That's probably true, just like Manning and his low sack totals (no, I'm not comparing the 2 as QBs as I'm sure you know).

underrated29
09-17-2015, 10:33 AM
I think the KC WR's have gone 1 season without catching a TD pass, not 3.

I said the span of 3 seasons.

Last year not a single wr caught a TD...The end of the year before that they didnt catch any. This year they have not caught any. its been around 20 games in total. Which is the span of 3 seasons :)

Ravage!!!
09-17-2015, 10:34 AM
I dont know. They got run on for almost 5ypc last week. We have historically been able to run on these guys pretty well. Knowshon, ball, cj last year. Their DL is sexy but guys like Hali and houston are more like doom. They are much better at rushing the passer than they are at run defense. I expect better play from our OL, not anything up to standard yet, but better. I expect better play calling and much better peyton manning play. I believe we will run on them pretty well.

Yeah.. I watched that game. I didn't realize that Houston ran for 4.7ypc considering it just seemed like Houston was NEVER in the game. The score isn't indicative as to the game, itself. The Chiefs were in control from the moment Hoyer threw the pick-6 on his first pass attempt. But you are right, they can be run on, apparently.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2015, 10:35 AM
I said the span of 3 seasons.

Last year not a single wr caught a TD...The end of the year before that they didnt catch any. This year they have not caught any. its been around 20 games in total. Which is the span of 3 seasons :)

I see.

TXBRONC
09-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Maybe.

What did the ravens score? 6?

I understand the pick 6 but that is not going to happen all the time. The ravens offense is light years ahead of the chiefs, whose offense has gone a span of 3 football season without a WR catching a TD. Sure, the likelyhood of them scoring at least a td is good but I will go ahead and believe our D will keep them shut down all game. They wont even cross the 50 yard line more than 2x.

(strategy wise- I would put talib on Kelce and have him shadow him everywhere and have Harris shut down maclin. That leaves charles and deanthony Thomas for the rest of the defense. Put alex smith in the dirt a few times and he will only start throwing short 2 yard dump off passes. Once he does that its game over for the chiefs.

The game wasn't played in Balitmore and Denver's offense didn't fair much better. K.C. is still a very tough venue to play in.