PDA

View Full Version : Shane Ray: "I don't like Raiders fans"

VonDoom
09-12-2015, 11:51 AM
I referenced this in the Aldon Smith thread yesterday, but I figured this would get more eyes on it. Shane Ray hasn't played even one regular season game with the Broncos, but he knows enough to know who the enemy is:

Shane Ray

@X_RAYted56

Glad somebody giving aldon a chance. Too bad its the raiders though........

Shane Ray

@X_RAYted56

For all the raiders fans salty about my last tweet. Idc I don't like you lol

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/12/9314279/horse-tracks-shane-ray-says-he-doesnt-like-raiders-fans

Apparently Raiders fans weren't too happy about it, judging by Ray's reactions:

Shane Ray ‏@X_RAYted56 20h20 hours ago

Lol I gotta turn my mentions off these folks on a mission.

Shane Ray ‏@X_RAYted56 19h19 hours ago

I love what I do. It's fun to talk to my teams fans and interact with people. That's why it's called a social network

Some folks just sensitive...

People don't play about they sports teams lol they ready for war

They woke up this morning like I wish somebody would say something about my squad today.

Davii
09-12-2015, 11:56 AM
I referenced this in the Aldon Smith thread yesterday, but I figured this would get more eyes on it. Shane Ray hasn't played even one regular season game with the Broncos, but he knows enough to know who the enemy is:

Shane Ray

@X_RAYted56

Glad somebody giving aldon a chance. Too bad its the raiders though........

Shane Ray

@X_RAYted56

For all the raiders fans salty about my last tweet. Idc I don't like you lol

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/12/9314279/horse-tracks-shane-ray-says-he-doesnt-like-raiders-fans

Apparently Raiders fans weren't too happy about it, judging by Ray's reactions:

Shane Ray ‏@X_RAYted56 20h20 hours ago

Lol I gotta turn my mentions off these folks on a mission.

I love what I do. It's fun to talk to my teams fans and interact with people. That's why it's called a social network

Some folks just sensitive...

People don't play about they sports teams lol they ready for war

They woke up this morning like I wish somebody would say something about my squad today.

This is awesome, I already like Ray.

Slick
09-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Let's see him actually do something in a game. Talk is cheap.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2015, 12:01 PM

He will...and might in suggest you go for a walk and smell the flowers today?

You've been awfully salty today.

Davii
09-12-2015, 12:02 PM

Slick with the hammer.

UnderArmour
09-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Prison guards need to start doing their job... Convicts should not be allowed to use Twitter from behind bars.

Slick
09-12-2015, 12:09 PM
He will...and might in suggest you go for a walk and smell the flowers today?

You've been awfully salty today.

I walk twice a day. I just think talking trash on twitter is lame, especially when you're a rookie who's yet to play a down in the league. Plus his use of ebonics bugs me. I wish the guy all the success in the world.

Go Broncos!

SR
09-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Prison guards need to start doing their job... Convicts should not be allowed to use Twitter from behind bars.

Huh?

Davii
09-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Huh?

The Raider fans

VonDoom
09-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Huh?

I assume those convicts would be the Raiders fans

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2015, 12:19 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this. His comments were directed at the raiders fans.

SR
09-12-2015, 12:21 PM
I assume those convicts would be the Raiders fans

Man, I thought for a second he was talking shit about Ray.

tomjonesrocks
09-12-2015, 12:24 PM
I probably would rather not hear it from a rookie that hasn't done anything yet, but please.

If Khalil Mack said Broncos fans blow or whatever they'd eat it up.

tripp
09-12-2015, 01:09 PM
I don't really mind it, I like the enthusiasm. But it doesn't mean much when you're a rookie and you haven't seen a single snap in the NFL. If Von Miller said this however.....

BroncoWave
09-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Why does it have to "mean" something? It's harmless Twitter talk. We don't have to make everything so important.

MOtorboat
09-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Harmless. When did "I don't like you," become smack talk?

On a more serious note, honz is viewing this thread.

Davii
09-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Why does it have to "mean" something? It's harmless Twitter talk. We don't have to make everything so important.

Yes. We. Do.

MOtorboat
09-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Yes. We. Do.

Why. So. Serious?

Davii
09-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Why. So. Serious?

I. Am. Not.

TXBRONC
09-12-2015, 01:56 PM
I. Am. Not.

It. Went. Over. His. Head.

MOtorboat
09-12-2015, 02:06 PM
It. Went. Over. His. Head.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't like mouth breathers either. What's the big deal?

sneakers
09-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Smart guy

DenBronx
09-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I love it when a Bronco player realizes the rivalry and hates the raiders as much as the fans do.

I remember Willis McGahee saying **** you to the raider fans when he absolutely destroyed them. Nalen grabbing his nutsack at the fans. Romonowski pounding his head and taunting. Lol

TXBRONC
09-12-2015, 05:41 PM

I'm. Just. Kidding.

MOtorboat
09-12-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm. Just. Kidding.

Yes. I. Know.

Dzone
09-12-2015, 10:39 PM
Broncos-Raiders rivalry is going to heat up big time this year. Raiders are going to be better, And now with lazy bum Del Rio there , oh ya, its gonna be good.
What ray said is probably good. Raider fans are going to yell at ray now and cuss him out for those words. lol Thats what its all about. Like peyton manning would say: "**** you!"

CrazyHorse
09-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Hasn't played a snap, and I already like this kid. He realizes most Raider fans are trash from the cesspool that is Oakland. I wonder what his thoughts about Patriot fans are.

Valar Morghulis
09-13-2015, 03:59 AM
I hate the raiders, but their long-standing irrelevance really takes the sting out of that hatred.

Also, in fairness to their fans, at the London game last year, countless raider fans came up to me and my daughter (who was wearing a dolphins Jersey) and were really nice to her.

I honestly have a bigger dislike for the ravens and the *pats

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 06:45 AM
This is the only thing I like about Twitter. Bring it on, Shane. :fight: Since he was a Chiefs fan, I'm sure that he, at 22 years old, will enjoy his very first NFL playoff experience with the Broncos.

I can't tweet that because it praises the Broncos. :lol:

TXBRONC
09-13-2015, 07:12 AM
This is the only thing I like about Twitter. Bring it on, Shane. :fight: Since he was a Chiefs fan, I'm sure that he, at 22 years old, will enjoy his very first NFL playoff experience with the Broncos.

I can't tweet that because it praises the Broncos. :lol:

You can't handle what Shane brings to the table. :D

Cugel
09-13-2015, 07:34 AM
What I can't understand is how Raiders fans are STILL talking trash when their team has been totally HOT GARBAGE for 10 solid years! :lol:

I mean, seriously, do you see Colorado Buffs fans out there trash talking about how the Buffs are going to destroy Oregon or USC? No. Because people who aren't savage idiots would be too embarrassed by how horrible their team sucks to attack other fans and teams.

Look at the Raiders draft position the last 10 years: 2006: 7th, 2007: 1st (Jamarcus Russell too!), 2008: 4th, 2009: 7th, 2010: 8th, 2011: 17th (traded away pick); 2012: 17th (traded away pick); 2013: 12th; 2014: 5th; 2015: 4th.

They haven't had a winning record in 10 years and they won 3 games last year. Time for those cretinous fans to just shut the hell up.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 07:43 AM
What I can't understand is how Raiders fans are STILL talking trash when their team has been totally HOT GARBAGE for 10 solid years! :lol:

I mean, seriously, do you see Colorado Buffs fans out there trash talking about how the Buffs are going to destroy Oregon or USC? No. Because people who aren't savage idiots would be too embarrassed by how horrible their team sucks to attack other fans and teams.

Look at the Raiders draft position the last 10 years: 2006: 7th, 2007: 1st (Jamarcus Russell too!), 2008: 4th, 2009: 7th, 2010: 8th, 2011: 17th (traded away pick); 2012: 17th (traded away pick); 2013: 12th; 2014: 5th; 2015: 4th.

They haven't had a winning record in 10 years and they won 3 games last year. Time for those cretinous fans to just shut the hell up.
There is no rule that says one fan cannot talk trash to the other. It's about pointing out weaknesses, flaws and failures. If you talk trash about a team, you really think a fan is just going to hush up? You're funny.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 07:45 AM
You can't handle what Shane brings to the table. :D
Besides him actually being a player :lol: I can hang with anyone.

Cugel
09-13-2015, 08:02 AM
There is no rule that says one fan cannot talk trash to the other. It's about pointing out weaknesses, flaws and failures. If you talk trash about a team, you really think a fan is just going to hush up? You're funny.

What can a Raiders fan say about the Broncos when his team has been a bottom feeder for 10 years? Broncos own the Raiders and haven't lost to them in 4 years.

Their worthless team will be lucky to win 6 games this season (that would double their win total from last year)!

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 08:27 AM
What can a Raiders fan say about the Broncos when his team has been a bottom feeder for 10 years? Broncos own the Raiders and haven't lost to them in 4 years.

Their worthless team will be lucky to win 6 games this season (that would double their win total from last year)!
We're rebuilding from a mess that the late Hall of Fame owner left. It happens and I've never denied what my team was the last decade plus. But our rebuilding doesn't erase the Bronco follies. They way you've exited the playoffs in the Manning era is plenty of smack fodder. It doesn't matter what the Raiders did or didn't do, because the Broncos are the subject in my posts, just as my team is in your posts. We've both seen 4 playoff wins in the last 15 years. This is what that 7 game win streak means in the long run. Besides, with Peyton Manning at the helm the last 3 years, you SHOULD be able to beat us. This has always been the case vs us bottom feeders, but somehow QBs like Campbell, Russell and McCown said NO.

Now will we win more than 6 games? Possible. We haven't had a #1 receiver in 10 years. We haven't had a franchise QB in that time. Murray can probably be a sleeper 1200 yard back if he stays healthy. Mack. Tuck and (for the time being) Aldon Smith will bring pressure. Question for you is, are you going to be able to put that 7 game win streak against the Raiders to good use and do something in the playoffs? Possible.

SR
09-13-2015, 08:44 AM
We're rebuilding from a mess that the late Hall of Fame owner left. It happens and I've never denied what my team was the last decade plus. But our rebuilding doesn't erase the Bronco follies. They way you've exited the playoffs in the Manning era is plenty of smack fodder. It doesn't matter what the Raiders did or didn't do, because the Broncos are the subject in my posts, just as my team is in your posts. We've both seen 4 playoff wins in the last 15 years. This is what that 7 game win streak means in the long run. Besides, with Peyton Manning at the helm the last 3 years, you SHOULD be able to beat us. This has always been the case vs us bottom feeders, but somehow QBs like Campbell, Russell and McCown said NO. Now will we win more than 6 games? Possible. We haven't had a #1 receiver in 10 years. We haven't had a franchise QB in that time. Murray can probably be a sleeper 1200 yard back if he stays healthy. Mack. Tuck and (for the time being) Aldon Smith will bring pressure. Question for you is, are you going to be able to put that 7 game win streak against the Raiders to good use and do something in the playoffs? Possible.

Why couldn't you be a fan of a better team? You're a good dude and I value your posts, but **** me if I'm not thinking "this guy is just a Raider fan" the whole time I'm reading what you typed.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Why couldn't you be a fan of a better team? You're a good dude and I value your posts, but **** me if I'm not thinking "this guy is just a Raider fan" the whole time I'm reading what you typed.
Maybe it's because I'm from New York... nah that actually makes it worse. :lol:

Thanks, dude. I appreciate it and value your posts as well. :beer:

SR
09-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Maybe it's because I'm from New York... nah that actually makes it worse. :lol: Thanks, dude. I appreciate it and value your posts as well. :beer:

I think you've told me you're from NY before. I happen to like most New Yorkers.

Where do you live now? (Can't see your location using forum runner)

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 08:53 AM
I think you've told me you're from NY before. I happen to like most New Yorkers.

Where do you live now? (Can't see your location using forum runner)
The Bronx, a surprisingly decent area in the borough. About 15-20 minutes from Yankee Stadium.

SR
09-13-2015, 09:00 AM
The Bronx, a surprisingly decent area in the borough. About 15-20 minutes from Yankee Stadium.

Nice. Not sure I'm the type of person for that part of the world but more power to you! Shit there is so expensive it's nauseating.

chazoe60
09-13-2015, 09:04 AM
I have a hard time mustering any hatred for the Raiders any more. When I was a kid I hated them as much as I hated commies, and that was an intense hatred. But, they've been so terrible for so long and almost every one of their fans I've ever interacted with either online or in the real world has been cool. I still dislike the "I'm a Raiders fan because the logo is cool and I'm gangsta, Letavius Murray who?" fans that seem to be fairly abundant but I don't even really consider those people Raider fans.

Now Chiefs fans I hate with a burning passion. Charger fans? Not sure. I'm not fully convinced that they exist, until I meet one they're as fictional as the Unicorn.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Nice. Not sure I'm the type of person for that part of the world but more power to you! Shit there is so expensive it's nauseating.
You can say that again. I've considered moving out of these parts for years but still love it here too much to make the move... for now.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 09:09 AM
I have a hard time mustering any hatred for the Raiders any more. When I was a kid I hated them as much as I hated commies, and that was an intense hatred. But, they've been so terrible for so long and almost every one of their fans I've ever interacted with either online or in the real world has been cool. I still dislike the "I'm a Raiders fan because the logo is cool and I'm gangsta, Letavius Murray who?" fans that seem to be fairly abundant but I don't even really consider those people Raider fans.
I don't either. First thing I do when I see someone with a Raider hat is test their knowledge on the small stuff, like who is our backups are. But the gang scene/Raider hat thing wasn't big over here. One thing that I hate now is that the Brooklyn Nets logo is similar and from a distance I'll say, "SWEET!, another Raider fan... ah dammit it's the Nets!"

SR
09-13-2015, 11:10 AM
You can say that again. I've considered moving out of these parts for years but still love it here too much to make the move... for now.

I've heard people say that before.

Valar Morghulis
09-13-2015, 11:21 AM
We're rebuilding from a mess that the late Hall of Fame owner left. It happens and I've never denied what my team was the last decade plus. But our rebuilding doesn't erase the Bronco follies. They way you've exited the playoffs in the Manning era is plenty of smack fodder. It doesn't matter what the Raiders did or didn't do, because the Broncos are the subject in my posts, just as my team is in your posts. We've both seen 4 playoff wins in the last 15 years. This is what that 7 game win streak means in the long run. Besides, with Peyton Manning at the helm the last 3 years, you SHOULD be able to beat us. This has always been the case vs us bottom feeders, but somehow QBs like Campbell, Russell and McCown said NO.

Now will we win more than 6 games? Possible. We haven't had a #1 receiver in 10 years. We haven't had a franchise QB in that time. Murray can probably be a sleeper 1200 yard back if he stays healthy. Mack. Tuck and (for the time being) Aldon Smith will bring pressure. Question for you is, are you going to be able to put that 7 game win streak against the Raiders to good use and do something in the playoffs? Possible.

8-8 this year

but 0-2 to denver

Valar Morghulis
09-13-2015, 11:26 AM
I don't either. First thing I do when I see someone with a Raider hat is test their knowledge on the small stuff, like who is our backups are. But the gang scene/Raider hat thing wasn't big over here. One thing that I hate now is that the Brooklyn Nets logo is similar and from a distance I'll say, "SWEET!, another Raider fan... ah dammit it's the Nets!"

Raiders hats and jackets are quite common in the uk (the logo appears to be an attraction) - but those wearing them (most) could not tell you who Al Davis was let alone a back up running back

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 03:15 PM
8-8 this year

but 0-8 to denver
I have a 7-9 ceiling for this team. I don't trust our offensive coordinator Musgrave or the cornerbacks.

Slick
09-13-2015, 03:49 PM

It does matter what the Raiders did or didn't do though. I mean, I'm not going to talk shit to a Seahawks fan just because the *Patriots beat them.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 04:59 PM
It does matter what the Raiders did or didn't do though. I mean, I'm not going to talk shit to a Seahawks fan just because the *Patriots beat them.
So if Seahawks fans runs their mouths about Denver, you're just going to sit there and take it? I feel bad for you.

Like now, the Bengals are beating us 24-0, en route to a 52-0 victory. If King came along just kept going on and on, I'm coming for his team as well (which is better than what the Raiders can do).

Slick
09-13-2015, 05:04 PM
So if Seahawks fans runs their mouths about Denver, you're just going to sit there and take it? I feel bad for you.

Like now, the Bengals are beating us 24-0, en route to a 52-0 victory. If King came along just kept going on and on, I'm coming for his team as well (which is better than what the Raiders can do).

Feel bad for me then. Seahawks fans hold the trump card as far as I'm concerned. Different strokes and all that.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 05:35 PM
8-8 this year

but 0-2 to denver
Like I said, 7 was the CEILING.

The floor is below Hades.

Valar Morghulis
09-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Like I said, 7 was the CEILING. The floor is below Hades.

How is carr?

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 08:13 PM
How is carr?
He has a sore thumb. MRI negative. I think Woodson is done though.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2015, 08:17 PM
He has a sore thumb. MRI negative. I think Woodson is done though.

What are the early thoughts? Broken collar bone?

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 08:35 PM
What are the early thoughts? Broken collar bone?
That's what they were saying. Should know more Monday.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2015, 08:52 PM
That's what they were saying. Should know more Monday.

That's too bad. ...he's had a great career.

TXBRONC
09-13-2015, 09:05 PM
I have a 7-9 ceiling for this team. I don't trust our offensive coordinator Musgrave or the cornerbacks.

They sure took a beating today. That said, I think the Raiders could at least make it to 8-8.

Devilspawn
09-13-2015, 09:11 PM
They sure took a beating today. That said, I think the Raiders could at least make it to 8-8.
Realistically, you're looking at a rebuilding team against a perennial playoff team with much more talent across the board. But why be logical when it's a blowout.

I don't care what the nay sayers say. When it's garbage time, this team comes to PLAY. :elefant:

Slick
09-13-2015, 09:12 PM
What happened to Woodson?

VonDoom
09-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Damn, I didn't even know Woodson got hurt. That's too bad.

Not in this division. I do think they're improved and will continue to improve but they're just in a really bad spot with the other teams in the west right now.