PDA

View Full Version : Aqib Talib-Steve Smith feud more probable than not to be rekindled

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Ice up, son. Ice up.

That phrase rekindled a long-standing, trash-talking, high-emotion feud between Aqib Talib and Steve Smith, which was brought to light in the Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots Sunday night game on Nov. 18, 2013.

Though both wore different jerseys at the time, Talib and Smith got in scuffle after scuffle, showing a blatant dislike for each other. Sunday, they'll match up for the first time since that game, with Talib now playing cornerback for the Broncos and Smith playing wide receiver for Baltimore.

"I don't look forward to the confrontation, I look forward to the competition," Talib said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_28790097/aqib-talib-steve-smith-feud-more-probable-than-not-be-rekindled

Ravage!!!
09-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Good answer n his part. I hope he means it. Steve is a hot head. Get "into" his and let him get the personal fouls. Obviously, as the cliche' goes, the best way to shut him up is to shut him out.

WJK
09-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Do we even think Talib will be matched up against Steve Smith? Last time we saw Talib he struggled against another quick receiver, TY Hilton. Chris Harris would probably do a better job against Smith and Aqib would be better suited to cover whoever the no. 2 guy is (doesn't look like it will be Perriman.). I'm guessing Wade Phillips thinks these things through more than Jack Del Rio did.

TXBRONC
09-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Do we even think Talib will be matched up against Steve Smith? Last time we saw Talib he struggled against another quick receiver, TY Hilton. Chris Harris would probably do a better job against Smith and Aqib would be better suited to cover whoever the no. 2 guy is (doesn't look like it will be Perriman.). I'm guessing Wade Phillips thinks these things through more than Jack Del Rio did.

If Phillips puts Talib on Smith I'm sure he be able handle him. Other than height they are very different receivers. Smith is 11 years older than Hilton and out weighs him by 15 pounds. At any rate, Phillips is to good of defensive coordinator not to think these things through.

SR
09-10-2015, 06:39 PM

Steve Smith isn't quick

WJK
09-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Is he TY Hilton? No. But he's still plenty quick and elusive.

SR
09-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Is he TY Hilton? No. But he's still plenty quick and elusive.

I disagree. He runs great routes and uses his body to get in position exceptionally well, but I don't think he's quick. And if he thought he was still plenty quick and elusive I don't think he would be retiring at the end of this year.

ShaneFalco
09-11-2015, 02:06 AM
sorry but i love steve smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4usQRKIJcLc

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2015, 09:43 AM
I'd rather see Chris Harris on him. I think Chris would shut him down. Steve isn't exceptionally fast like he use to be, but he's still quick in and out of his breaks.

TXBRONC
09-11-2015, 09:47 AM
I'd rather see Chris Harris on him. I think Chris would shut him down. Steve isn't exceptionally fast like he use to be, but he's still quick in and out of his breaks.

If he can't get separation it won't matter how quick he is in and out of breaks.

tripp
09-11-2015, 10:01 AM
More worried about their run game than their passing game at the moment. No Torrey Smith to burn us anymore which is nice.

TXBRONC
09-11-2015, 10:53 AM
More worried about their run game than their passing game at the moment. No Torrey Smith to burn us anymore which is nice.

He didn't burn Denver the last time he was here.

tripp
09-11-2015, 11:05 AM
He didn't burn Denver the last time he was here.

True, I keep envisioning the TD he scored on us when Champ was covering him. This was the game that hurt more than the SB loss.

underrated29
09-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Good answer n his part. I hope he means it. Steve is a hot head. Get "into" his and let him get the personal fouls. Obviously, as the cliche' goes, the best way to shut him up is to shut him out.

I cannot agree with this. Most of the time yes, but Steve Smith is a different kind of animal. I love the guy! He is the type when you get in his head and piss him off he just burns people. Over and over and over again. It is better to let him be cool and not have that chip on his shoulder. When he gets that extra motivation he is a freaking stud. One, likely off setting, personal foul is not worth him going off for 120 and a td.

I think the better course of action is to just let harris or whomever wonderful wade decides is best- maybe it will be talib, :shrug:, and let them isolate him from impact. He is their only threat imo aside from Forsett. Shut those two down and we win easily!

TXBRONC
09-11-2015, 12:23 PM
True, I keep envisioning the TD he scored on us when Champ was covering him. This was the game that hurt more than the SB loss.

Smith has tremendous speed but I don't think he's premier deep that he was in his prime.

TXBRONC
09-11-2015, 12:25 PM
I cannot agree with this. Most of the time yes, but Steve Smith is a different kind of animal. I love the guy! He is the type when you get in his head and piss him off he just burns people. Over and over and over again. It is better to let him be cool and not have that chip on his shoulder. When he gets that extra motivation he is a freaking stud. One, likely off setting, personal foul is not worth him going off for 120 and a td.

I think the better course of action is to just let harris or whomever wonderful wade decides is best- maybe it will be talib, :shrug:, and let them isolate him from impact. He is their only threat imo aside from Forsett. Shut those two down and we win easily!

Maybe three or four years that was true but I don't think that case now. He decent numbers last season Smith is nowhere that he once was. Also the last time Denver faced him he was shut down.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Smith has tremendous speed but I don't premier deep threats the way Steve Smith in his prime.

You're not Englishing very well in this post.

SR
09-12-2015, 11:11 AM

He gets his mords wixed up

Ravage!!!
09-12-2015, 01:39 PM
I think Steve Smith is a douche, personally. He's not the guy that will beat us, so he isn't my concern. Their defensive line and running game is what we have to stop.

TXBRONC
09-12-2015, 01:52 PM

He gets his mords wixed up

Thanks guys.

CrazyHorse
09-14-2015, 03:19 AM
Ice up son, ice up!

Poet
09-14-2015, 12:56 PM
Talib will have issues trying to be physical against Steve Smith. The size discrepancy doesn't matter much, and Talib is a hot-head as well - Smith is more likely to get into Talib's head than vice versa.

As far as being quick, Steve Smith has enough quickness to still be relevant, although he's not what he used to be as age catches even the fiercest competitors.

MOtorboat
09-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Talib will have issues trying to be physical against Steve Smith. The size discrepancy doesn't matter much, and Talib is a hot-head as well - Smith is more likely to get into Talib's head than vice versa.

As far as being quick, Steve Smith has enough quickness to still be relevant, although he's not what he used to be as age catches even the fiercest competitors.

Um, King.

The game already happened. Smith had 2 receptions for 13 yards. He only had one more reception than Talib.

Poet
09-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Um, King.

The game already happened. Smith had 2 receptions for 13 yards. He only had one more reception than Talib.

No.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Um, King.

Plus, Talib had more yards and touchdowns.