PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning: Key for offense is to improve throughout the year

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2015, 09:53 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With a tweaked scheme, new coaches and new starters at six spots -- including four on the line -- there is an understandable curiosity about how the Broncos' offense will fare.

You can count the future Hall of Fame quarterback among those fascinated about seeing what transpires Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

"I'm looking forward to seeing how we're going to perform," Peyton Manning said after the Broncos concluded a two-hour practice Wednesday. "We've got some new guys playing, and some new things that we're doing, and I'm excited to see how we're going to do."

But how the offense starts the season -- and each game -- is not going to be the measure of where it stands. For a unit that will be in a transitory state, evolution and improvement are essential.

rest, plus videos - Peyton & Kubes
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-Key-for-offense-is-to-improve-throughout-the-year/4ebe2144-c619-408a-85d7-a867b0a440e5

dogfish
09-09-2015, 10:59 PM
for the first time in his career, it just MAY be possible that the key for PFM is to be efficient and not turn the ball over. . .

now, if he can still be the PFM we had the last couple of years, WITH all the pieces we have on defense. . . look out. . .

TXBRONC
09-10-2015, 07:01 AM
for the first time in his career, it just MAY be possible that the key for PFM is to be efficient and not turn the ball over. . .

now, if he can still be the PFM we had the last couple of years, WITH all the pieces we have on defense. . . look out. . .

I'm an optimistic person so I tend to believe that is a likely possibility. :nod:

SR
09-10-2015, 09:15 AM
for the first time in his career, it just MAY be possible that the key for PFM is to be efficient and not turn the ball over. . . now, if he can still be the PFM we had the last couple of years, WITH all the pieces we have on defense. . . look out. . .

When has he not been efficient and when has turning the ball over been a problem for him? He's one of the most efficient QBs ever and his TD:INT ratio has to be one of the best ever for a QB with a long career.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18h18 hours ago

#broncos Peyton Manning had some zingers in conference call w #Ravens reporters: https://www.facebook.com/troyrenck/posts/1634392676850142 …

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2015, 03:52 PM
When has he not been efficient and when has turning the ball over been a problem for him? He's one of the most efficient QBs ever and his TD:INT ratio has to be one of the best ever for a QB with a long career.

I didn't take his post that way. I took it as him saying he didn't think Manning was going to have to shoulder as much of a burden anymore.

SR
09-10-2015, 04:14 PM
I didn't take his post that way. I took it as him saying he didn't think Manning was going to have to shoulder as much of a burden anymore.

Oh.

dogfish
09-10-2015, 07:02 PM
duh, red!