PDA

View Full Version : Broncos believe sack attack will translate to regular season

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2015, 05:34 PM
He stood at the podium, stone faced, right eye staring through Google glasses. DeMarcus Ware looked like the "Terminator" more than an outside linebacker. The smile suggests he is, in fact, human. But the Broncos' preseason performance implies Ware leads a pack of robots prepared to turn on quarterbacks.

The Broncos finished the preseason with 20 sacks. Nobody will remember this statistic unless the Broncos continue their havoc Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens. Sitting at his locker Monday, Ware explained why he believes the performance will translate.

"We have the athletes where we can dictate. We are going to make the offense make a decision," Ware said. "You know that somebody is going to be left by himself. It forces the offense to make a tough choice."

WATCH: Who is the most important person on defense for the Broncos?

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28777604/broncos-believe-sack-attack-will-translate-regular-season

Davii
09-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I sure hope so. I hope it gives our secondary more turnover opportunities as well.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 05:54 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28777604/broncos-believe-sack-attack-will-translate-regular-season

There is no doubt in my mind that it will translate to the regular season. Miller and Ware are already two the best pass rushers in the League this defense should only enhance what they do best.

Krugan
09-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Think the defense has a pretty good chance of being solid, as long as the Offense can figure it out and make first downs.

Biggest fear is the O sucking, the line just really doesnt give me alot of hope, tires out the defense.

I have had a bad feeling about this team all summer long.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Think the defense has a pretty good chance of being solid, as long as the Offense can figure it out and make first downs.

Biggest fear is the O sucking, the line just really doesnt give me alot of hope, tires out the defense.

I have had a bad feeling about this team all summer long.

The offense was able to move the ball in preseason they just couldn't finish drives. They may sputter a bit I do believe the defense is good enough to carry the team if need be.

Krugan
09-09-2015, 12:16 PM
The offense was able to move the ball in preseason they just couldn't finish drives. They may sputter a bit I do believe the defense is good enough to carry the team if need be.

2nd string moved the ball fairly well, first string, as limited as they were, looked off badly.

im sure alot of this is just me being a skeptic, but i just dont see the good with this offense. it was just preseason, i know.

Northman
09-09-2015, 12:22 PM
The only real problem with the offense that i saw was settling for FG's. Hopefully we can put it in the endzone more during the regular season.

TXBRONC
09-09-2015, 01:29 PM
2nd string moved the ball fairly well, first string, as limited as they were, looked off badly.

im sure alot of this is just me being a skeptic, but i just dont see the good with this offense. it was just preseason, i know.

More so in the game against the Texans but I think against the 49ers they were showing signs getting things together.

TXBRONC
09-09-2015, 01:37 PM
The only real problem with the offense that i saw was settling for FG's. Hopefully we can put it in the endzone more during the regular season.

I think it will resolve itself. Manning will find away to start putting the ball endzone. Beside that throughout the entire preseason entire unit didn't play together. Sanders missed all the preseason and Mathis wasn't even on the team until just before they played the 49ers iirc.

DenBronx
09-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Von Miller will break the sack record this season.