PDA

View Full Version : Montee Ball still on the broncos celebration thread

sneakers
09-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Are you feeling BADGERED?

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Montee+Ball+Wisconsin+v+Michigan+State+aD4fDS1YnK3 l.jpg

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 05:36 PM
:laugh:

Northman
09-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Bet Bibbs feels pretty small right now, maybe not MO small but small.

Timmy!
09-05-2015, 05:49 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/zXHZWGLWNQkrS/giphy.gif

sneakers
09-05-2015, 05:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h4OD88o.jpg

Northman
09-05-2015, 06:00 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/d54/f30/f2b/resized/honey-badger-meme-generator-something-wrong-honey-badger-don-t-care-a02588.jpg

GEM
09-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Draft position over talent....yay. :rolleyes:

Northman
09-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Gem not happy. lol

Jsteve01
09-05-2015, 07:48 PM
How do you sell that one to the team? Bibbs got no run at all this preseason. This one bothers me. I like Juwan thompson as much as the next guy but bibbs is the better runner and he showed up on special teams. And the Ball thing is a whole other story....booo John

TXBRONC
09-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Bet Bibbs feels pretty small right now, maybe not MO small but small.

Right now I bet Bibbs is feeling smaller than MO.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 09:09 PM
How do you sell that one to the team? Bibbs got no run at all this preseason. This one bothers me. I like Juwan thompson as much as the next guy but bibbs is the better runner and he showed up on special teams. And the Ball thing is a whole other story....booo John

It's easier to stash Bibbs on the practice squad if we don't give him reps in the preseason. ....food for thought.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Draft position over talent....yay. :rolleyes:

Gem not happy. lol

This is how things should be. :D

Simple Jaded
09-05-2015, 09:31 PM
How bad do you have to be to get cut?

Jsteve01
09-05-2015, 09:37 PM

It's easier to stash Bibbs on the practice squad if we don't give him reps in the preseason. ....food for thought. if im Bibbs and i know that I outplayed Ball and for some reason he makes the team and i dont then I would be pretty reluctant to sign with this team

TXBRONC
09-05-2015, 09:37 PM

Worse than Ball. Look team already lost it's Johnson now you want lose it's Ball. If that happens you might as call them the Catlin Jenners.

ShaneFalco
09-05-2015, 09:42 PM
they will cut him to sign tebow soon.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 09:42 PM

Ask Mike Shannahan

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 09:43 PM
if im Bibbs and i know that I outplayed Ball and for some reason he makes the team and i dont then I would be pretty reluctant to sign with this team

Well, if he gets an active roster offer he'll likely take it wherever it is.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Jeremiah Johnson is playing well up north, I hear.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 10:09 PM
But other than that I think Bibbs would prefer to stay close to home if he's gonna play on a practice squad.

Simple Jaded
09-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Worse than Ball. Look team already lost it's Johnson now you want lose it's Ball. If that happens you might as call them the Catlin Jenners.

I see what you did there.

DenBronx
09-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Goodbye Ball.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-awarded-two-off-waivers-waive-Ball-Gradkowski-to-make-room/20641880-8c30-4f40-b8d8-674cd3fd59cc?qwr=fullsite_temporary

dogfish
09-06-2015, 01:23 PM
sad trombone for this thread. . . :lol:

DenBronx
09-06-2015, 01:25 PM
It's a cruel cold world.

Hawgdriver
09-06-2015, 01:31 PM
sad trombone for this thread. . . :lol:

this one? :lol:

1ytCEuuW2_A

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Doh! :headslap:

Dapper Dan
09-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Looks like draft position doesn't matter.

DenBronx
09-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Looks like draft position doesn't matter.

#allpositionsmatter

Davii
09-07-2015, 12:04 AM
This thread feels like the "victory party" at Kerry for President HQ.

dogfish
09-07-2015, 01:03 AM
This thread feels like the "victory party" at Kerry for President HQ.

or dewey. . .

GEM
09-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Ding dong Ball is gone! :dance:

Wish him well somewhere else.

sneakers
09-07-2015, 02:18 AM
What the ****???????????????????????????????

dogfish
09-07-2015, 03:51 AM

*waa waa waaaa!*

:spit: :laugh:

TXBRONC
09-07-2015, 09:23 AM

Let it go laddie, let it go.

dogfish
09-07-2015, 02:09 PM
elway trolled sneakies bigtime. . .

Ziggy
09-07-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm just glad that Bibbs didn't get too butthurt to join the practice squad after Ball was kept over him. That one had to hurt.

TXBRONC
09-07-2015, 02:13 PM
elway trolled sneakies bigtime. . .

It was a sneak attack.

Northman
09-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Guess Elway is looking for players who can make an impact sooner than later.

Davii
09-07-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm just glad that Bibbs didn't get too butthurt to join the practice squad after Ball was kept over him. That one had to hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a conversation about exactly that. Maybe Bibbs was told Ball was on the trade block, etc. No telling. However, he obviously wasn't offered a job anywhere else, he cleared waivers. At that point, why wouldn't he sign? If someone wants him they can still sign him to their 53.

TXBRONC
09-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a conversation about exactly that. Maybe Bibbs was told Ball was on the trade block, etc. No telling. However, he obviously wasn't offered a job anywhere else, he cleared waivers. At that point, why wouldn't he sign? If someone wants him they can still sign him to their 53.

If Denver wants him bad enough I think they get the chance to keep on the roster before another team could sign him away.

Cugel
09-07-2015, 02:30 PM
The ONLY reason Elway kept Ball over Bibbs was that they were trying to trade Ball to Dallas. Well, Dallas refused to give the Broncos a 7th round pick for Ball, so Elway tried to keep him on the 53 man roster to force their hand. No dice. The Cowboys traded a 7th rounder for Seahawks RB Christiane Michael. So, Elway cut Ball loose.

They knew they could sneak Kapri Bibbs onto the practice squad and they did. All in all a good move, but it looks like they were trolling Montee Ball, unless they told his agent what was happening, which they probably did.

At this point NFL rosters are set, so Ball will probably have to wait a few weeks until someone loses a RB due to injury. Then he might have a chance to catch on with another team.

Kapri Bibbs meanwhile provides quality depth at a position where he might actually be needed. RBs get hurt all the time and having 4 available on the roster, including the PS is the minimum you need. They will probably dress 2 on gameday and leave Jawan Thompson as game-day inactive. That could be a problem if they lose 2 in one game, which happens.

Simple Jaded
09-07-2015, 03:02 PM
The ONLY reason Elway kept Ball over Bibbs was that they were trying to trade Ball to Dallas. Well, Dallas refused to give the Broncos a 7th round pick for Ball, so Elway tried to keep him on the 53 man roster to force their hand. No dice. The Cowboys traded a 7th rounder for Seahawks RB Christiane Michael. So, Elway cut Ball loose.

They knew they could sneak Kapri Bibbs onto the practice squad and they did. All in all a good move, but it looks like they were trolling Montee Ball, unless they told his agent what was happening, which they probably did.

At this point NFL rosters are set, so Ball will probably have to wait a few weeks until someone loses a RB due to injury. Then he might have a chance to catch on with another team.

Kapri Bibbs meanwhile provides quality depth at a position where he might actually be needed. RBs get hurt all the time and having 4 available on the roster, including the PS is the minimum you need. They will probably dress 2 on gameday and leave Jawan Thompson as game-day inactive. That could be a problem if they lose 2 in one game, which happens.
I was thinking the same thing, now I know it's 100% pure fact. Per Cugel, Broncosforums Broncos Insider.

sneakers
09-07-2015, 05:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AQpnEsY.jpg

TXBRONC
09-07-2015, 06:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AQpnEsY.jpg

Hang in there Sneak because this will make you stronger.

Dzone
09-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Nobody wants Ball. He will probably get a try out with another team some day soon, but once they see how shitty he is, they wont sign him and he will disappear. Maybe he will show up at mall kiosk selling cell phones

Ziggy
09-07-2015, 09:54 PM

That would be a great theory if Ball had any trade value whatsoever. Tell me again which team picked him up off of waivers.

Jsteve01
09-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Nobody wants Ball. He will probably get a try out with another team some day soon, but once they see how shitty he is, they wont sign him and he will disappear. Maybe he will show up at mall kiosk selling cell phones he should get another tryout. again I keep saying this but people are forgetting how good he looked at the end of his rookie season. everybody in that draft had him rated as going in the first 3 rounds. I don't know what's happened since the appendectomy last year. he just isn't the same guy but I can't believe that a guy that was the best running back in college football for a couple of years all of the sudden sucks.

tomjonesrocks
09-07-2015, 10:17 PM
he should get another tryout. again I keep saying this but people are forgetting how good he looked at the end of his rookie season. everybody in that draft had him rated as going in the first 3 rounds. I don't know what's happened since the appendectomy last year. he just isn't the same guy but I can't believe that a guy that was the best running back in college football for a couple of years all of the sudden sucks.

He never looked that good that first year. His stats were "decent" over 120 carries in the best offense ever. He had how many carries for Denver and he's "washed up" now? He was fools gold all along.

Sick of hearing about his supposedly great first year. Selvin Young has better numbers in '07 than Ball ever had. Please.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2015, 10:57 PM
He never looked that good that first year. His stats were "decent" over 120 carries in the best offense ever. He had how many carries for Denver and he's "washed up" now? He was fools gold all along.

Sick of hearing about his supposedly great first year. Selvin Young has better numbers in '07 than Ball ever had. Please.

Except for the whole 1 touchdown thing.

Dapper Dan
09-07-2015, 11:45 PM
That would be a great theory if Ball had any trade value whatsoever. Tell me again which team picked him up off of waivers.

I could be mistaken, but I believe if you claim a player from waivers, you get their contract too. I think it's the same if you trade for a player. Unless you renegotiate. If this is correct, teams probably didn't want to pay Ball $2 million over the next 2 seasons.

CrazyHorse
09-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Even though he was cut I'd love to see him have success.

SR
09-08-2015, 06:13 AM
I could be mistaken, but I believe if you claim a player from waivers, you get their contract too. I think it's the same if you trade for a player. Unless you renegotiate. If this is correct, teams probably didn't want to pay Ball $2 million over the next 2 seasons.

I would have to look that up as well but I think once they clear waivers they're free agents and I don't think their contract follows them to free agency.

More than his contract, his comments about being worn down are probably what's keeping teams away.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 07:13 AM

Same here. Hating on player because they were drafted is ridiculous.

Ravage!!!
09-08-2015, 10:38 AM
if im Bibbs and i know that I outplayed Ball and for some reason he makes the team and i dont then I would be pretty reluctant to sign with this team

Yeah.. sure you would. You've played your life to get to the NFL and now that you have a team possibly signing you, you are 'reluctant" because YOU feel you out played someone else.

Buff
09-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Well this is embarrassing.

Ziggy
09-08-2015, 12:24 PM

You pick up the contract minus the signing bonus. The team that cut him pays that in dead money. Even so, I don't believe a team has picked him up yet on a vet minimum contract to be their 3rd or 4th back. He had no trade value.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Well this is embarrassing.

That's nothing new for you Buff. :wave:

:D

Dapper Dan
09-08-2015, 12:43 PM
You pick up the contract minus the signing bonus. The team that cut him pays that in dead money. Even so, I don't believe a team has picked him up yet on a vet minimum contract to be their 3rd or 4th back. He had no trade value.

It's been like 1 day.

gregbroncs
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Not me. I don't hate the guy or anything. But once they are no longer on the Broncos I couldn't give a rats ass what kind of success they have elsewhere.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Not me. I don't hate the guy or anything. But once they are no longer on the Broncos I couldn't give a rats ass what kind of success they have elsewhere.

I don't have a problem with him having success elsewhere but I sure wouldn't want him to do well against the Broncos.

underrated29
09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Ideally, dallas cuts Chrstine Michael whom they just traded for and we sign him. I wanted michael over ball the entire time. This would be a big signing for us I believe. Michael is practically as big and strong as CJ and ball but he is way faster than all of them. Faster than hillman and bibbs. I think with our team he would excel and if not then it doesnt matter as we had 2 of the 4 top drafted backs that year (bell, ball, lacy, michael)- all 2nd rdrs- michael may have been a 3rd.

Cugel
09-08-2015, 03:45 PM

This has been widely reported on Denver Sports Talk Radio, ESPN, and 104.3 The Fan, which you would know if you had been paying close attention.

Personally, I agree with you, that expecting some value from trading Montee Ball was absurd. There are all kinds of RBs sitting waiting for their phones to ring. But, why do you suppose Elway kept Ball on the 53 man roster, and then 2 days later cut him - not coincidentally only after Dallas traded for Christine Michael from the Seahawks?

They hoped to get a 7th round pick for Montee because he was a former 2nd round draft pick, and lots of teams had a 2nd or 3rd round grade on him when he was drafted 2 years ago and might (theoretically) still want him.

Didn't work out, but it didn't hurt them at all to try because they signed Kapri Bibbs to the practice squad and he was the guy who would have made the 53 man roster if they'd simply cut Ball the first time.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Ideally, dallas cuts Chrstine Michael whom they just traded for and we sign him. I wanted michael over ball the entire time. This would be a big signing for us I believe. Michael is practically as big and strong as CJ and ball but he is way faster than all of them. Faster than hillman and bibbs. I think with our team he would excel and if not then it doesnt matter as we had 2 of the 4 top drafted backs that year (bell, ball, lacy, michael)- all 2nd rdrs- michael may have been a 3rd.

Under this isn't anywhere in zip code of realistic buddy. Have you been dipping into Chronic's stash?

underrated29
09-08-2015, 04:36 PM
I didnt say it was likely to happen, but for me, it would be an ideal scenario. Dallas has said that there is no gurantee that michael will make their roster. If he does not then he will be cut and free to sign wherever he chooses. I dream of that scenario happening and him choosing here. I am not getting my hopes up and I like Bibbs a bunch and would like to see him on the active roster once we get TJ and Wolfe back but for now, I will connect the dots and be happy if it were.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 04:53 PM
I didnt say it was likely to happen, but for me, it would be an ideal scenario. Dallas has said that there is no gurantee that michael will make their roster. If he does not then he will be cut and free to sign wherever he chooses. I dream of that scenario happening and him choosing here. I am not getting my hopes up and I like Bibbs a bunch and would like to see him on the active roster once we get TJ and Wolfe back but for now, I will connect the dots and be happy if it were.

I didn't say likely to happen either. I said it's not realistic. The part about getting into Chronic's was meant in jest.

It's easy to connect the dots that you've provided for yourself. :D

gregbroncs
09-08-2015, 05:38 PM
I don't have a problem with him having success elsewhere but I sure wouldn't want him to do well against the Broncos.If they played for the Utah Utes I'll follow players in the NFL a little bit, other than that I only really follow individual players on the Broncos. I just don't care enough about former players to pay attention to where they land or how they are doing.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 05:42 PM
If they played for the Utah Utes I'll follow players in the NFL a little bit, other than that I only really follow individual players on the Broncos. I just don't care enough about former players to pay attention to where they land or how they are doing.

I don't follow any player once they leave the Broncos but I don't wish the ill. I'm not saying you are either.

SR
09-08-2015, 07:25 PM

Does Michael remind you of Steve Slaton too?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Honestly, I was shocked Seattle gave Michael up for a 7th. Granted, he's primarily just a 3rd down back, but he's proven to be a playmaker.

Michael could be really dangerous in Dallas with the holes that line will open up.

BroncoWave
09-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Same here. Hating on player because they were drafted is ridiculous.

Totally agree. Dumbest thing possible to hate on a player about. Something they have literally no control over. Is Ball supposed to apologize for getting picked in the second round or something? I'm not saying you can't criticize his play, but criticizing someone for not living up to the round they were drafted in is dumb. All you can do is go out there and give your best effort. Sometimes a player might get drafted too high and just not have enough talent to live up to it or can be hampered by injuries and not reach his potential. That's nobody's fault, shit just happens.

BroncoWave
09-08-2015, 08:29 PM
If they played for the Utah Utes I'll follow players in the NFL a little bit, other than that I only really follow individual players on the Broncos. I just don't care enough about former players to pay attention to where they land or how they are doing.

Congrats? Do you want a bigger fan card or something?

SR
09-08-2015, 08:47 PM

I do. I want my fan card to be a 3' x 5', 1/4" plywood fan card. Forged from the hands of men.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 08:50 PM

He's not hating on him BTB.

SR
09-08-2015, 08:51 PM

He changed his name to BroncoWave y'know

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 08:52 PM
I do. I want my fan card to be a 3' x 5', 1/4" plywood fan card. Forged from the hands of men.

I want mine made of platinum or 18 karat gold.

SR
09-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I want mine made of platinum or 18 karat gold.

If you're going big, just do 24k gold and never touch it again. It'll bend.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 08:55 PM
He changed his name to BroncoWave y'know

I know.

Are you trolling me? :viking:

BroncoWave
09-08-2015, 08:57 PM

I know, I was messing around with him. I just found his post kinda funny.

BroncoWave
09-08-2015, 08:58 PM
I want my Broncos fan card to be as big as Top's Kyle Orton fan card. Then I will know I have arrived.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 08:59 PM
If you're going big, just do 24k gold and never touch it again. It'll bend.

I thought that might be to ostentatious.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 09:01 PM
I know, I was messing around with him. I just found his post kinda funny.

Sorry about that.

SR
09-08-2015, 09:28 PM
I know. Are you trolling me? :viking:

Yes

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2015, 10:15 PM

You're on a roll tonight.

You seem to be more laidback now that you're not active duty.

TXBRONC
09-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Yes

Good to know. :salute:

SR
09-08-2015, 10:44 PM
You're on a roll tonight. You seem to be more laidback now that you're not active duty.

I'm always laid back, but some people here liked to mistake my dry sense of humor and cynicism for anger. But yes, I am "more" laid back. Though today I'm a little sad because my wife and my favorite bar, The Full Throttle in Sturgis, burned to the ground early this morning.

SR
09-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Good to know. :salute:

In good fun

Dapper Dan
09-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Whaaa? Your wife burned too?

underrated29
09-08-2015, 11:17 PM

She's a hottie

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm always laid back, but some people here liked to mistake my dry sense of humor and cynicism for anger. But yes, I am "more" laid back. Though today I'm a little sad because my wife and my favorite bar, The Full Throttle in Sturgis, burned to the ground early this morning.

You call The Full Throttle your wife?

Dapper Dan
09-08-2015, 11:23 PM
You call The Full Throttle your wife?

And does he call his wife a bar?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-08-2015, 11:41 PM
And does he call his wife a bar?

Maybe she was in the bar?

Man, that dude is one cold brother. He's in here cracking jokes and stuff when he should be in mourning.

tomjonesrocks
09-09-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm sure the burning bar was totally accidental and not at all, whatsoever for the insurance money.

For some reason bars and 99 cent stores present the best kindling for fires. Its the strangest thing.

SR
09-09-2015, 05:09 AM

Poorly worded and bad sentence structure. My apologies.

SR
09-09-2015, 05:12 AM
I'm sure the burning bar was totally accidental and not at all, whatsoever for the insurance money. For some reason bars and 99 cent stores present the best kindling for fires. Its the strangest thing.

I don't know if Ballard would do it for the money. That bar had so much tradition, so much history, and so many one-off things there that I'm not sure insurance money would be worth it. Besides that, between FTS, his booze, and his brand, Michael Ballard and Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl (Ballard's business partner) probably don't need any help from insurance money.

TXBRONC
09-09-2015, 06:48 AM

So do you annually make the trek to Sturgis on a Harley?

SR
09-09-2015, 07:13 AM
So do you annually make the trek to Sturgis on a Harley?

No. I lived in Rapid City for five years which is only a half hour from Sturgis. My wife and I used to go there before the rally and sometimes during but the Full Throttle was always where we went. The owner was cool, Fajita Mike was awesome and made us some ridiculous drinks the last time we went, and the owner's donkey Emmitt was hilarious. That place just had such a cool vibe.

Bronco4ever
09-09-2015, 09:24 AM
My parents first met my brother in law at the Full Throttle Saloon.

TXBRONC
09-09-2015, 11:23 AM
My parents first met my brother in law at the Full Throttle Saloon.

I'll drink to that. :beer:

gregbroncs
09-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Nope. I just don't care much about individual players. Somebody was saying they would wish him success playing somewhere else. I stated the opinion that I did not wish him well for another team. And that I don't care about him either way because he's gone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2015, 09:13 AM
I believe Red just provided the lyrics to the next great Country song.

SR
09-10-2015, 09:17 AM

I disagree.

turftoad
09-10-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm sad about this also. Very much our favorite bar in Sturgis. There is no way he would be able to replace the historical décor of that place. Bums me out.

As far as Ball is concerned, he will find work somewhere soon.

TXBRONC
09-10-2015, 01:15 PM

Probably heavy metal or thrasher then again it might be gansta rap. :thrasher: