PDA

View Full Version : Browns Robbed

Escobar
12-03-2007, 03:39 AM
Last play of the game, kellen caught the ball INBOUNCE CLEARLY then got PUSHED OUT OF BOUNCE but ''SOMEHOW'' the refs did not see that :rolleyes:

Freakin' great morons...

Even the guys on NBC said we got robbed .....Refs should be fired and those commentators were terrible!

Oh well though, we are still in that last wildcard spot even though titans are breathing down our throats right now.

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 03:42 AM
I have a feeling that this thread will get heated by tommorow and will probably be headed towards smack. :lol:
Just a hunch.
Why is it that all Browns threads turn into an arguing thread?
Its nuts.

Anyways:

It was hard to tell if he would have had 2 feet in bounds or not.
You really cant tell that IMO.
I think those type of plays should be reviewed and I love when refs make bad calls or non calls because it leads to a rule change in the future. :elefant:

But from the replays I seen it look like it could have went either way.
Browns always play in those exciting games this year. :lol:

SR
12-03-2007, 04:24 AM
How did they get robbed? They were losing from the opening drive. And the game was on CBS, not NBC.

Poet
12-03-2007, 05:28 AM
I can understand your frustration with that one Escobar, I think that he would have come down with it myself. But alas, sometimes the zebras just don't care.

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 05:46 AM
How did they get robbed? They were losing from the opening drive. And the game was on CBS, not NBC.

I think he was talking about the NBC pregame show leading up to the night game said it was a bad call. :salute:

SR
12-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Ahhhhh. Gotcha. Either way, I'm a Cards fan, so I'm obviously in favor of the call.

sneakers
12-03-2007, 05:50 AM
Last play of the game, kellen caught the ball INBOUNCE CLEARLY then got PUSHED OUT OF BOUNCE but ''SOMEHOW'' the refs did not see that :rolleyes:

Freakin' great morons...

Even the guys on NBC said we got robbed .....Refs should be fired and those commentators were terrible!

Oh well though, we are still in that last wildcard spot even though titans are breathing down our throats right now.

I saw that too! You guys were robbed.

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Ahhhhh. Gotcha. Either way, I'm a Cards fan, so I'm obviously in favor of the call.

:lol: @ you being a Cards fan.
I'm not a Cards fan but I seem to root for them a lot.
I'd like to see Kurt Warner lead them to the Superbowl. :elefant:

SR
12-03-2007, 06:25 AM
:lol: @ you being a Cards fan.
I'm not a Cards fan but I seem to root for them a lot.
I'd like to see Kurt Warner lead them to the Superbowl. :elefant:

Why are you laughing at me for being a Cards fan? I spent 14 years of my life in AZ and my dad has had season tickets since I was 10 or so. I'm loyal!

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Why are you laughing at me for being a Cards fan? I spent 14 years of my life in AZ and my dad has had season tickets since I was 10 or so. I'm loyal!

Cause the Cards are such a random team IMO :lol:

I dont know many people who say "I'm a Cards fan"
Its just funny stuff.

The only time I saw Cards fans was last year when I was in Arizona for the Broncos game. :elefant:

SR
12-03-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm not as big of a Cards fan as I am a Broncos fan, but I do love the Cards (and Arizona State). Hell, I even have an authentic David Boston jersey that my dad got a few years back for renewing his season tickets.

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 06:55 AM
:lol: David Boston.
What is he doing now-adays anyways?
I remembered he was with the Chargers and Bucs I think.
Dolphins too?
I'm not sure.

He had too much muscle on him. :lol:

SR
12-03-2007, 07:00 AM
He quit the NFL and is doing professional body building.

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 07:02 AM
:lol: Seriously? Damn
I was kinda young when he first entered the league I think.
I always remember my dad talking about how much of a bust he was or whatever.
For some reason I always liked him.
I think I just liked his name.

SR
12-03-2007, 07:32 AM
He had a couple of good years with the Cards, specifically in 1998 when the Cards went to the playoffs, beat the Cowboys in Dallas, then lost to the Vikings (15-1 that year) in Minny the weak before the Vikes lost to the Falcons in the NFCCG, right before the Falcons lost to the Broncos in the Super Bowl. ;)

BroncoBJ
12-03-2007, 07:43 AM
He had a couple of good years with the Cards, specifically in 1998 when the Cards went to the playoffs, beat the Cowboys in Dallas, then lost to the Vikings (15-1 that year) in Minny the weak before the Vikes lost to the Falcons in the NFCCG, right before the Falcons lost to the Broncos in the Super Bowl. ;)

:lol: Yea i was in 5th grade then and I didn't start liking football til after we won back to back. Kind of sad. I missed football back then more then I do now.

It seemed so much fun to wake up and watch football.
I thought I knew so much back then too.
but when I look back at it I didn't know anything :lol:

SR
12-03-2007, 08:36 AM
:lol: Yea i was in 5th grade then and I didn't start liking football til after we won back to back. Kind of sad. I missed football back then more then I do now.

It seemed so much fun to wake up and watch football.

I was 14 in 1998...so not too much older than you, but I had been playing ice hockey for like four years already, so I was plenty in to sports.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
This is a funny thread.

I can only see 2 posts. Quite hilarious, really.

It should not have come down to 1 play. If the Browns had a real QB playing (not Anderson) the stupid mental mistakes that were made would not have occurred and the Cardinals would not have had 14 gimme points at the beginning of the game.

topscribe
12-03-2007, 12:44 PM

You spent your life closer to the Phoenix area than I did. Here in Tucson, I
don't run into many Cardinals fans . . . in fact, I can't think of any I've run
into.

As for me, I despise the Phoenix Cardinals. :eviltongue: They should only go back to
St. Louis and resume losing there. Then maybe we can get more Broncos
games back on the public access stations, as we did before they came and
tried to become Arizona's team.

I root for anybody who is playing the Phoenix Cardinals . . . except the
Raiders . . . then I hope they just kill each other.

Back on topic, I do believe, from what I saw, anyway, that the receiver
would have come down in bounds, had he not been pushed out by defenders.
That is what is so puzzling to me: I thought the rule was that it is supposed
to be a completion in those circumstances.

-----

Stand Ablaze
12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Why must you guys turn this Browns thread into a Cardinals history thread? :shocked:

Anyways, I think that was a pushout, Browns got robbed!

topscribe
12-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Why must you guys turn this Browns thread into a Cardinals history thread? :shocked:

Anyways, I think that was a pushout, Browns got robbed!

Off-topic side comments make a discussion more interesting, provided the
main discussion is not pulled off-topic. In this case it wasn't. It is not a
"Cardinals history" thread. If you don't like the side comment, then just
ignore it and post an on-topic comment. Simple. :coffee:

-----

Stand Ablaze
12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Off-topic side comments make a discussion more interesting, provided the
main discussion is not pulled off-topic. In this case it wasn't. It is not a
"Cardinals history" thread. If you don't like the side comment, then just
ignore it and post an on-topic comment. Simple. :coffee:

-----

I was just joking about the Cardinals history thing, and I did post an on-topic comment.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Would've, Could've, Should've

That should be the title of this thread.

Anderson blew the game.

All that's left is too look forward to Anderson blowing the game next week and more accolades (undeserving) to him by the national media.

topscribe
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Would've, Could've, Should've

That should be the title of this thread.

Anderson blew the game.

All that's left is too look forward to Anderson blowing the game next week and more accolades (undeserving) to him by the national media.

Okay, you don't like Anderson. Got it.

I think the question is, should the reception been good on that last play?

-----

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Okay, you don't like Anderson. Got it.

I think the question is, should the reception been good on that last play?

-----

It's in the past.

The refs made a decision on the field and no matter how many people complain and whine about it - their decision is final.

KCL
12-03-2007, 03:50 PM

And you think you do now....:laugh:

KCL
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
This is a funny thread.

I can only see 2 posts. Quite hilarious, really.

It should not have come down to 1 play. If the Browns had a real QB playing (not Anderson) the stupid mental mistakes that were made would not have occurred and the Cardinals would not have had 14 gimme points at the beginning of the game.

Don't worry....be Happy...at least your team isn't playing like
the Chiefs...:tsk:

Medford Bronco
12-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Don't worry....be Happy...at least your team isn't playing like
the Chiefs...:tsk:

or the Broncos :sad:

the Browns should make the playoffs and bounce back vs
a very bad Jets team next week :beer:

they also have equally pathetic SF and up and down Buffalo and Cincy

you guys are in great shape that is for sure.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Especially with Derek Anderson at QB,

I have so much faith in him throwing 2-3 interceptions and fumbling the ball away to a Jets team that scored 40 points against the Dolphins horrid defense. Hey, wait a minute, the Browns' defense is even worse!

KCL
12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
or the Broncos :sad:

Med...looks like the Raiders got both of our teams...who
would of thought...:tsk:

Medford Bronco
12-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Especially with Derek Anderson at QB,

I have so much faith in him throwing 2-3 interceptions and fumbling the ball away to a Jets team that scored 40 points against the Dolphins horrid defense. Hey, wait a minute, the Browns' defense is even worse!

Charlie Relax the Browns will beat NYJ this week.
they are so much better than them its not even funny

Go Browns beat Eric the R A T :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Charlie Relax the Browns will beat NYJ this week.
they are so much better than them its not even funny

Go Browns beat Eric the R A T :laugh:

The Browns will have a chance if Brady Quinn plays.

Sure he's a rookie and prone to mistakes. But compared to Anderson's inability to read a defense. Much, much better of an option.

Anderson plays - Browns will lose. Defense sucks - hopefully Grantham is fired at the end of the year.

The only people on the coaching staff who should feel secure are Daisher (Special Teams), Chudzinski (Offensive Coordinator), and Marshall (Offensive Line). Everybody else's job should be in jeopardy. Including Crennel.

Broncos Mtnman
12-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Two things...

1) Chris Collinsworth is usually a rambling idiot, but he's right. Force outs should be reviewable. I don't know if it would have changed this call, but if replay can be used to see if a player stayed in bounds, it should be used to see if a player was prevented from staying in bounds.

2) Charlie, I don't get your problem with Anderson. Here's his rankings...

Total yards - 9th
TD passes - 4th
TD/INT ratio - 2-1
Passer Rating - 11th

On top of all that, the Browns are 4th in scoring.

If you want to be ticked off, be ticked off at the pathetic defense Romeo (a former DC) has put together. You don't win too many games when you're last in the league in points allowed.

Seems to me, if not for Anderson, the Browns would be in the cellar once again.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Two things...

1) Chris Collinsworth is usually a rambling idiot, but he's right. Force outs should be reviewable. I don't know if it would have changed this call, but if replay can be used to see if a player stayed in bounds, it should be used to see if a player was prevented from staying in bounds.

2) Charlie, I don't get your problem with Anderson. Here's his rankings...

Total yards - 9th
TD passes - 4th
TD/INT ratio - 2-1
Passer Rating - 11th

On top of all that, the Browns are 4th in scoring.

If you want to be ticked off, be ticked off at the pathetic defense Romeo (a former DC) has put together. You don't win too many games when you're last in the league in points allowed.

Seems to me, if not for Anderson, the Browns would be in the cellar once again.

I've stated several times my problem with him.

He stares down receivers and constantly throws into double and triple coverage. Anderson's stats are being padded due to the talent around him. Because the Browns have tall receivers in Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevicius who make plays Anderson's stats do not look bad. Anderson is benefiting from having those receivers. Because of those receivers his flaws are being ignored because they are making plays. Anderson is another Gino Torretta. The only difference is that Torretta benefited from the talent around him at the college level whereas Anderson is benefiting from the talent around him at the Professional Level.

Broncos Mtnman
12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
I've stated several times my problem with him.

He stares down receivers and constantly throws into double and triple coverage. Anderson's stats are being padded due to the talent around him. Because the Browns have tall receivers in Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevicius who make plays Anderson's stats do not look bad. Anderson is benefiting from having those receivers. Because of those receivers his flaws are being ignored because they are making plays. Anderson is another Gino Torretta. The only difference is that Torretta benefited from the talent around him at the college level whereas Anderson is benefiting from the talent around him at the Professional Level.

Last time I checked, most QBs benefit from the talent around them. QBs don't throw the ball to themselves.

If it was the talent, Frye would still be your QB. He had the same guys Anderson does.

Perhaps the WRs look good because they now have a QB who can actually do his job?

Just my :2cents:

Medford Bronco
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Last time I checked, most QBs benefit from the talent around them. QBs don't throw the ball to themselves.

If it was the talent, Frye would still be your QB. He had the same guys Anderson does.

Perhaps the WRs look good because they now have a QB who can actually do his job?

I agree 100% Mtn Man

I think Anderson has done a great job to put them in postion to win and make the playoffs, who (besides Charlie and Esobar) would have thought that after week 1. I sure did not and I was wrong :salute: and I admit it.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 05:47 PM

If it is a QB's job to throw into double or triple coverage and fumble the ball away to the other team - then Derek Anderson is the best at it.

But, that is not a QB's job. In fact, those are things that a QB should avoid if he wants to start in the NFL.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree 100% Mtn Man

I think Anderson has done a great job to put them in postion to win and make the playoffs, who (besides Charlie and Esobar) would have thought that after week 1. I sure did not and I was wrong :salute: and I admit it.

Derek Anderson is not the reason the Browns are winning.

The reason the Browns are winning is because they are winning the close games that the past 3+ years they have lost. It is because Cribbs, Edwards, and Winslow are finally playing up to their potential. Anderson is a nobody. He's a 6th round draft pick who was beaten out on Baltimore's roster by Kyle Boller.

Broncos Mtnman
12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
If it is a QB's job to throw into double or triple coverage and fumble the ball away to the other team - then Derek Anderson is the best at it.

But, that is not a QB's job. In fact, those are things that a QB should avoid if he wants to start in the NFL.

Never thought I'd see the day I was defending a Cleveland player to a Cleveland fan. :lol:

Last thought....

Anderson has lost TWO fumbles all season. Travis Henry did that in just one game yesterday.

And as far as your double/triple coverage comment goes, all I can say is with a 2/1 TD/INT ratio, it must be working FOR him more that AGAINST him.

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Never thought I'd see the day I was defending a Cleveland player to a Cleveland fan. :lol:

Last thought....

Anderson has lost TWO fumbles all season. Travis Henry did that in just one game yesterday.

And as far as your double/triple coverage comment goes, all I can say is with a 2/1 TD/INT ratio, it must be working FOR him more that AGAINST him.

That 2-1 ratio is deceptive of him.

I am a Browns fan - I see Anderson play and I know he's no good.

You saw Plummer play and you were badmouthing him when everybody called you crazy. Finally Plummer's lucky play ended and he was exposed so that even those who thought he was this "great player" noticed that you were right.

Anderson is a gunslinger - gunslingers take risks. Anderson is lucky this year alone - and just this year because of the play of the receivers. Winslow, Edwards, Jurevicius. Take them out of the picture and he's a nobody. He is an untalented hack who is being pampered to by the National Media.

topscribe
12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
That 2-1 ratio is deceptive of him.

I am a Browns fan - I see Anderson play and I know he's no good.

You saw Plummer play and you were badmouthing him when everybody called you crazy. Finally Plummer's lucky play ended and he was exposed so that even those who thought he was this "great player" noticed that you were right.

Anderson is a gunslinger - gunslingers take risks. Anderson is lucky this year alone - and just this year because of the play of the receivers. Winslow, Edwards, Jurevicius. Take them out of the picture and he's a nobody. He is an untalented hack who is being pampered to by the National Media.

He saw Plummer play and didn't think he was any good.

I saw Plummer play and thought he was good. (I still don't say Mtnman was right.)

Are you sure EVERYONE who has seen Anderson play doesn't think he's good?

-----

Cleveland Rocks
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
He saw Plummer play and didn't think he was any good.

I saw Plummer play and thought he was good. (I still don't say Mtnman was right.)

Are you sure EVERYONE who has seen Anderson play doesn't think he's good?

-----

No, not everyone.

But it seems like the vast majority are buying into the Media's story.

topscribe
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
No, not everyone.

But it seems like the vast majority are buying into the Media's story.

Ooooohhhh the MEDIA! :nod:

Yes, I remember when the media were ready to ship a young Elway out of town on a rail. :coffee:

-----

SR
12-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Good God Almighty. There is just no pleasing some people.

GO CARDS!

And CR, if you really had me on ignore, you wouldn't have been able to reply to my posts in the "Welcome Caligula" thread. :rolleyes:

Cleveland Rocks
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM

GO CARDS!

And CR, if you really had me on ignore, you wouldn't have been able to reply to my posts in the "Welcome Caligula" thread. :rolleyes:

It's called "View Post"

When somebody is on ignore it states:

"This message is hidden because ______ is on your ignore list. "

Then on the far righthand side there is a button you can push called "View Post"

It's just above the "Remove User From Ignore List" button

You click it, then it shows the post.

When it shows the post, you can respond to it.

SR
12-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Either way....BOOOO the crap Browns and GOOOO Cards (who, with a win this week and a Minn and Chi loss can grab the last wild card spot in the NFC for the time being).

Medford Bronco
12-04-2007, 09:24 AM

GO CARDS!

I think the Cards can beat Seattle this week IMO :salute:
I like them and always have liked Kurt Warner and Ed James

they have been good to me this year at Home :salute:

SR
12-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I think the Cards can beat Seattle this week IMO :salute:
I like them and always have liked Kurt Warner and Ed James

they have been good to me this year at Home :salute:

I think they can too. They already beat the Seahawks once this year, so I don't see why they couldn't do it again. They need this game bad if they want to compete for a wild card slot.

topscribe
12-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Derek Anderson is not the reason the Browns are winning.

The reason the Browns are winning is because they are winning the close games that the past 3+ years they have lost. It is because Cribbs, Edwards, and Winslow are finally playing up to their potential. Anderson is a nobody. He's a 6th round draft pick who was beaten out on Baltimore's roster by Kyle Boller.

It's amazing how a player's drafting position will be called to attention when
it comes to claiming how "bad" he is. Did you ever take note as to where
Terrell Davis and Tom Brady were drafted?

-----

Escobar
12-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Either way....BOOOO the crap Browns and GOOOO Cards (who, with a win this week and a Minn and Chi loss can grab the last wild card spot in the NFC for the time being).

:tsk::mad::tsk::mad:

SR
12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
:tsk::mad::tsk::mad:

Sorry buddy, but I gotta root for my hometown teams (Denver and Phoenix).

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
How come people are allowed to get off topic in this thread?
I thought that was prohibbited on this site...
Yet people keep talking about the Cards. and Ignore list and stuff. :coffee:

Anyways... I fail to understand that if your a 6th round pick you automatically suck.
And if your from the Ravens you automatically suck.

And if your both then your nothing but trash.

Too funny.
I can almost bet that if we all said Anderson sucks then Charlie would tell us how he doesn't suck and he would show us his stats and try and prove how he doesn't suck and how they should trade Quinn.

But for the sake of arguing he argues. :salute:

topscribe
12-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Anyways... I fail to understand that if your a 6th round pick you automatically suck.

Too funny.
I can almost bet that if we all said Anderson sucks then Charlie would tell us how he doesn't suck and he would show us his stats and try and prove how he doesn't suck and how they should trade Quinn.

You're right. It was okay to mention the Cards as it extemporaneously spun
off the topic, but to linger on them is definitely off-topic.

The topic is "Browns robbed."

But then, you went and started talking about CR. He isn't the topic, either.

-----

SR
12-04-2007, 03:36 PM

Too funny.

I just led moderators be moderators.

KCL
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
You're right. It was okay to mention the Cards as it extemporaneously spun
off the topic, but to linger on them is definitely off-topic.

The topic is "Browns robbed."

But then, you went and started talking about CR. He isn't the topic, either.

-----

ok what exactly did they get robbed on?:confused:
sorry I am out of the loop...please somebody tell me?
I havent read this whole thread....maybe I should huh?

BroncoBJ
12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
ok what exactly did they get robbed on?:confused:
sorry I am out of the loop...please somebody tell me?
I havent read this whole thread....maybe I should huh?

You wont learn much if you read the whole thread.
It gets off topic so many times. :lol:

But it was a last second pass from Anderson to Winslow and they said he was out of bounds. Instead of reviewing the play(which they cant) or just saying that it was a TD they called it an incomplete pass and the Brownies lost.

and :lol: @ ass kissin to the mods

KCL
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
You wont learn much if you read the whole thread.
It gets off topic so many times. :lol:

But it was a last second pass from Anderson to Winslow and they said he was out of bounds. Instead of reviewing the play(which they cant) or just saying that it was a TD they called it an incomplete pass and the Brownies lost.

and :lol: @ ass kissin to the mods

Thanks for the info.

Cleveland Rocks
12-05-2007, 12:52 PM

No, I would agree because he does suck. He throws into double and triple coverage on a consistant basis. The man cannot read defenses and as I have said a million times in this thread - he is another Gino Torretta. His stats look "good" because of the talent around him. The Browns have talent at the positions other than QB. Anderson is a nobody whether you like it or not - he is a nobody. Everyone in the NFL thought so highly of Derek Anderson that he was drafted in the 6th round and the team that drafted him thought so highly of him that he was cut in favor or Kyle Boller. That is a statement right there about Anderson - he sucks. Why? Boller sucks - yet who did Boller beat out? Anderson. Put Boller on the Browns and he would have similar stats as Anderson. Why? Because of the surrounding talent. Anderson sucks and it is an illusion that he is "good" because in reality he is anything but.

SR
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Jay Cutler throws in to double and triple coverage, so I guess he sucks too.:rolleyes:

BroncoBJ
12-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Jay Cutler throws in to double and triple coverage, so I guess he sucks too.:rolleyes:

Brady threw into tripple coverage on that play in the endzone vs the Ravens. Even though there was a penalty on the play.

But then again... Hes a 6th round pick.
Therefore making him garbabe. :lol:

SR
12-06-2007, 04:45 AM
Brady threw into tripple coverage on that play in the endzone vs the Ravens. Even though there was a penalty on the play.

But then again... Hes a 6th round pick.
Therefore making him garbage. :lol:

Yep. So I guess every QB who has put up good numbers though out NFL history, but has thrown in to double and triple coverage, sucks.

BroncoBJ
12-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Yep. So I guess every QB who has put up good numbers though out NFL history, but has thrown in to double and triple coverage, sucks.

Pretty much. And every QB not drafted in the 1st round sucks as well.

SR
12-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Pretty much. And every QB not drafted in the 1st round sucks as well.

Yeah. You're good you. :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
12-06-2007, 09:48 AM

Ok, SeeingRed

Instead of not watching the Browns game that comes on where you are and complaining about it.

Actually watch it and watch Anderson. Anderson throws into double and tripple coverage on a consistant basis. Not once or twice but every chance he can get. Watch the Browns vs Jets game this weekend instead of complaining about it.

Cleveland Rocks
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
BTW, here's a little tidbit about the Browns vs Jets from SportingNews (keys to the game)

Jets Keys For Success

1. Run the ball to the right. Injuries have depleted the Browns' defensive line depth, putting pressure on 14-year veteran Willie McGinest to stop the off-tackle run. Last week, Arizona was able to neutralize McGinest with single blocks, allowing ball-carriers to either turn the ball upfield or bounce outside, according to the flow of the inside linebackers. Look for the Jets to aim for McGinest with running backs Thomas Jones and Leon Washington to balance their attack and keep the pressure off Clemens.

2. Continue to mix in gadget plays. The Jets had a 56-yard gain against Pittsburgh three weeks ago with a flea-flicker pass to wide receiver Laveranues Coles and they also ran several gadget plays against Miami last week, including direct snaps to Washington and wide receiver Brad Smith, a converted college quarterback. Expect to sometimes see both Washington and Jones in the backfield as the Jets attempt to go away from tendencies, throw off the linebackers and confuse the Browns into playing basic defensive fronts or wasting timeouts.

3. Drop seven men into coverage. Last week, Anderson had trouble against the Cardinals' defense when they dropped seven men into coverage, playing "quarters", or putting four defenders in deep coverage. Anderson reads the field from long to short, so taking away the deep threat makes him hold the ball longer against the pass rush or make bad decisions, such as throwing into double coverage. The Jets' defenders are good at masking their intentions until the snap of the ball, which will add to the young quarterback's confusion.

Linky-Loo (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=262761)

SR
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok, SeeingRed

Instead of not watching the Browns game that comes on where you are and complaining about it.

Actually watch it and watch Anderson. Anderson throws into double and tripple coverage on a consistant basis. Not once or twice but every chance he can get. Watch the Browns vs Jets game this weekend instead of complaining about it.

I'm not complaining about it, I'm making fun of you. Honestly, I'm glad I don't have to watch the Browns. I'm not complaining that they aren't televised often here. I'm happy about that. The one time I did watch them, they got worked over by the Cardinals.