PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Broncos and Cowboys discussing a deal for Montee Ball.

Magnificent Seven
09-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 32m32 minutes ago
Broncos and Cowboys discussing a deal for Montee Ball.

SR
09-04-2015, 02:17 PM
I'll take a Gatorade jug at this point.

Davii
09-04-2015, 02:18 PM

Better than cutting him for nothing

Magnificent Seven
09-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 30m30 minutes ago
Multiple teams in the M Ball discussions, including Houston.

SR
09-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 30m30 minutes ago Multiple teams in the M Ball discussions, including Houston.

Which I don't understand. Great if it happens though.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 30m30 minutes ago
Multiple teams in the M Ball discussions, including Houston.

If true, let them bid against each other and John takes the best offer.

Davii
09-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Montee Ball for Clark. Straight up. Lol.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 23m

As said, #Broncos exploring all avenues with Montee Ball. Told that nothing going on w #Cowboys or #Texans, teams which could use depth/help

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 32m

I was told Broncos have no trade talks going on with Montee Ball #9news #9sports
37 retweets 20 favorites

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Either Vic got some bad info., or the Broncos are trying to keep this quiet?????

tubby
09-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Or they tried and realized he had no value.

Traveler
09-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Either Vic got some bad info., or the Broncos are trying to keep this quiet?????

Has Vic ever been right about anything?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 03:29 PM

yes - many times

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Straight across for Tyrone Crawford

tomjonesrocks
09-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Assume Elway just would love to unload the 450k in dead money. Imagine compensation would not be a factor.

Ziggy
09-04-2015, 03:39 PM
If Elway gets a 7th rounder he's a genius. Ball has no value. The entire league knows that he is getting cut and that he's not starting or even back up material in the NFL. I like the kid, so I hope he gets a chance somewhere else. He doesn't have any trade value though.

weazel
09-04-2015, 03:50 PM
nobodies trading for him

WJK
09-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Ball might be effective in Dallas. Their mammoth offensive line is fairly similar to what he ran behind in Wisconsin.

LawDog
09-04-2015, 05:28 PM
If he gets cut, then he has to clear waivers, etc. correct? If so, then a team that has interest in Ball may not want to risk going through that process and missing out (he's not completely shot and can play for a team thin at RB). So, he does have some trade value in the right situation.

Dapper Dan
09-04-2015, 05:43 PM
If he gets cut, then he has to clear waivers, etc. correct? If so, then a team that has interest in Ball may not want to risk going through that process and missing out (he's not completely shot and can play for a team thin at RB). So, he does have some trade value in the right situation.

Indubitably.

Dzone
09-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Indubitably.
Good word. Patently evident! Unquestionable!

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 06:22 PM
If Elway gets a 7th rounder he's a genius. Ball has no value. The entire league knows that he is getting cut and that he's not starting or even back up material in the NFL. I like the kid, so I hope he gets a chance somewhere else. He doesn't have any trade value though.

And if he get anything higher than a 7th round pick it means he's not a genius but also has pictures of Jones and the GM of the Texans in compromising positions with goats and or dogs.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Cowboys release Malena, Agnew and could consider Denver’s Montee Ball

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/09/dallas-cowboys-sticking-to-original-rb-plan-for-replacing-demarco-murray-at-least-for-now.html/

dogfish
09-04-2015, 09:07 PM

what flavor?

never. . .

Rick
09-04-2015, 09:22 PM
It is time to move on from Monte. Getting anything for him will be good value.

Can't call the person who spent a 2nd on a player, eventually trading him for a 7th to be a genius for the trade though.

Wise to know you over evaluated someone and cut your losses and got SOME value in return? OK, but not giving the genius tag for getting a little bit of value back after spending high value to get him in the first place.

I didn't see anything wrong with drafting Monte, just not giving the genius tag for trading him possibly for a seventh.

Ziggy
09-04-2015, 10:03 PM
It is time to move on from Monte. Getting anything for him will be good value.

Can't call the person who spent a 2nd on a player, eventually trading him for a 7th to be a genius for the trade though.

Wise to know you over evaluated someone and cut your losses and got SOME value in return? OK, but not giving the genius tag for getting a little bit of value back after spending high value to get him in the first place.

I didn't see anything wrong with drafting Monte, just not giving the genius tag for trading him possibly for a seventh.

Excuse me. How about...it would be a genius move to get a 7th rounder for a guy with no value. Better?

Rick
09-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I see it as a good move, but I am just saying the genius move of getting a pick for a guy with no value gets washed out by the not genius move of drafting the guy with no value to begin with.

Bad picks happen, players not living up to expectations happen, but the mistake was still made.

Jsteve01
09-04-2015, 10:15 PM
He has lost confidence. Ive not forgotten the kid who averaged almost 6 ypc the last 6 games of 2013. I hope the best for him

dogfish
09-04-2015, 11:38 PM
He has lost confidence. Ive not forgotten the kid who averaged almost 6 ypc the last 6 games of 2013. I hope the best for him

i posted something very similar in the other thread. . . he HAS lost his confidence, and you can see it. . . the weight of expectations after his college career, his high draft slot and the players taken around him, plus playing for his favorite team. . . and he's been hurt, and other guys have played well in his absence. . . put it all together, and he hasn't been able to deal with it. . . he may still be able to play in this league, but the kid needs a fresh start. . . it's just better for everyone concerned if we move on with bibbs at this point, and let montee start over. . . whether we can trade him or not, IMO. . .

underrated29
09-04-2015, 11:57 PM
The Hawks waived Robert turbin......would be a fine choice to bring in. I love juwann, but turbin could be like a CJ here.

Was hoping they released Michael instead

Davii
09-05-2015, 12:04 AM
The Hawks waived Robert turbin......would be a fine choice to bring in. I love juwann, but turbin could be like a CJ here.

Turbin will get picked up quickly I think

underrated29
09-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Turbin will get picked up quickly I think

Maybe not. I guess he's got a pretty bum foot right now that I was not aware of.

Dzone
09-05-2015, 12:40 AM
In hindsight, should Montee Ball have stayed for his senior year at Wisconsin like he did? 356 carries.
Maybe he wore all the tread off the tires. Or Is this just an excuse?
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/4/9264175/montee-ball-wisconsin-denver-broncos-senior-year-2013

dogfish
09-05-2015, 12:52 AM

whaaat? healthy turbin over bibbs or ball, maybe. . .

you better be drunk enough to sleep in your car if you want turbin over JT-- get outta here wit dat weak junk!

said it before and will again-- thompson is the purest ZBS runner on this roster. . . that dude is gonna be a factor at some point this year. . .

:defense:

D1g1tal j1m
09-05-2015, 01:03 AM
In hindsight, should Montee Ball have stayed for his senior year at Wisconsin like he did? 356 carries.
Maybe he wore all the tread off the tires. Or Is this just an excuse?
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/4/9264175/montee-ball-wisconsin-denver-broncos-senior-year-2013

Monte played behind a quality offensive line in Wisc. and was able to get through to the second level in college after the large gaps that were made by the o-line. He never had a second gear and was picked too high by Denver. He was run into the ground at Wisc and I do think that took a toll on him before he ever stepped into the NFL.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 01:06 AM
Ball doesn't have that much tread on the tires. He should still have a good 5 years left.
He looked good against Seattle....as others have stated, hes lost his confidence, but thinking you're the man and having a guy like CJ take flight ahead of you would be discouraging.

Bronco4ever
09-05-2015, 02:17 AM

you better be drunk enough to sleep in your car if you want turbin over JT-- get outta here wit dat weak junk!

said it before and will again-- thompson is the purest ZBS runner on this roster. . . that dude is gonna be a factor at some point this year. . .

Agreed. If CJ were to get injured (which he does seem to get dinged up more than we'd like), I would be in favor of JT starting and keeping Hillman as RB2. He just has a different level of nastiness when he runs. I love seeing him lower his shoulder and running people over.

Dapper Dan
09-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Monte played behind a quality offensive line in Wisc. and was able to get through to the second level in college after the large gaps that were made by the o-line. He never had a second gear and was picked too high by Denver. He was run into the ground at Wisc and I do think that took a toll on him before he ever stepped into the NFL.

True, Badgers had a great OL. Ball isn't used to getting hit in the backfield on every other carry.

Dzone
09-05-2015, 07:30 AM
True, Badgers had a great OL. Ball isn't used to getting hit in the backfield on every other carry.
It sure does look that way. All the way back to last year. It almost looks like he never gets any blocking but other backs with the same line are kicking butt and finding daylight. Ball seems unsure of himself and that split second of hesitation is probably why it looks like he is getting no blocking

SR
09-05-2015, 07:43 AM
what flavor? never. . .

I'd take an empty Gatorade jug.

SR
09-05-2015, 07:44 AM
The Hawks waived Robert turbin......would be a fine choice to bring in. I love juwann, but turbin could be like a CJ here. Was hoping they released Michael instead

You knew one of them was gone after they signed Jackson, but I really expected it to be Michael.

TXBRONC
09-05-2015, 08:56 AM

Thompson no. As Dog said Ball or Bibbs.

Northman
09-05-2015, 09:31 AM
It sure does look that way. All the way back to last year. It almost looks like he never gets any blocking but other backs with the same line are kicking butt and finding daylight. Ball seems unsure of himself and that split second of hesitation is probably why it looks like he is getting no blocking

His blocking isnt any different, its like you said its his hesitation and poor vision that is hindering him right now. Same thing happened to Moreno until he started improving his vision when finding the lanes and instead of dancing around in the backfield. All of the backs have worked with first stringers, etc so the blocking isnt the issue. If Denver doesnt keep him im sure Ball will be re-energized if he finds a new home. Just looks like his days in Denver are done as the other 3 guys have proved to be the better backs right now.

underrated29
09-05-2015, 10:07 AM

Head to head I think most around the league would take a healthy turbin over Juwann. I love me some juwann. He is the hammer, but turbin is a better runner.

underrated29
09-05-2015, 10:07 AM
You knew one of them was gone after they signed Jackson, but I really expected it to be Michael.

Same. And that's whom I was hoping for because that's the guy I wanted us to draft instead of ball or Lacy.

TXBRONC
09-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Head to head I think most around the league would take a healthy turbin over Juwann. I love me some juwann. He is the hammer, but turbin is a better runner.

But he's not healthy.

dogfish
09-05-2015, 03:42 PM
I love me some juwann. He is the hammer, but turbin is a better runner.

negative, ghostrider. . . i've seen the kid run, he's okay-- he and his 4.0 career YPC aren't better than juwan. . .

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm sorry but Turbine is not a better RB than JThom

Slick
09-05-2015, 04:40 PM
I read on the Mane that Montee is playing 20 lbs heavier than he was at Wisconsin. Maybe he should consider dropping back down to his college weight.

SR
09-05-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry but Turbine is not a better RB than JThom

Robert Turbin is a better running back that Thompson.

Dzone
09-05-2015, 07:59 PM
I read on the Mane that Montee is playing 20 lbs heavier than he was at Wisconsin. Maybe he should consider dropping back down to his college weight.

Good idea. Ball might just need to go paleo and get ripped

silkamilkamonico
09-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Robert Turbin is a better running back that Thompson.

No he's not. He has a career average of a paltry 4.0 yards and a career long of 27 yards.

I can't believe this is even an argument.

It doesn't matterm because they are both beer than Monte Ball.