PDA

View Full Version : TJ Ward suspended one game over strip club incident last year

GEM
09-03-2015, 03:03 PM
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/822328

Denver Broncos safety T.J. Ward has been suspended one game for a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports.

The incident in question, Garafolo added, occurred at a strip club shortly after Ward first joined the Broncos as a free-agent addition from the Cleveland Browns last year.

GEM
09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Maybe he and Wolfe should go ahead and take it to court...

wayninja
09-03-2015, 03:08 PM
What was "the incident"? Seems rather vague.

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

The incident on Ward is from 15 months ago where was cited for misdemeanor All charges were dropped. Very bizarre ruling #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos TJ Ward has already appealed decision and lost. So will miss the season opener

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m2 minutes ago

Don't want to make light of any incident leading to a suspension, but eager to know what's worthy of appeal and what is not.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 14s14 seconds ago

TJ ward lost his appeal. Can he further challenge the ruling? See what's happened now?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 03:11 PM
article was written May 22, 2014

Broncos safety T.J. Ward has been charged with simple assault and disturbing the peace after an incident at a Denver nightclub earlier this month, according to authorities.

Both charges are misdemeanors.

AND

Ward's agent, Josh Arnold, also released a statement, obtained by NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, saying the situation was "misconstrued" by the media.

"He was never arrested, there will be no booking and the warrant that was erroneously issued has been canceled. At this point he has been issued a simple ticket/citation," the statement said. "T.J. would like to thank all of his supporters, and he's looking forward to continuing a productive offseason as he prepares for his first year as a Denver Bronco."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352984/article/tj-ward-charged-with-assault-disturbing-the-peace

This happened well over a year ago, and the NFL is just NOW addressing it!!!!!!!

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 03:12 PM
What was "the incident"? Seems rather vague.

DENVER -- Broncos safety T.J. Ward has been charged with misdemeanor assault and disturbing the peace for allegedly throwing a glass mug at a female bartender at a Denver strip club earlier this month.

Ward, 27, appeared in court Friday to face the charges stemming from the incident at 2:40 a.m. on May 10 at PT's All Nude club.

According to court documents, Ward was seen on video surveillance picking up the mug from the bar and throwing it at the bartender after being told he couldn't bring a drink into the club.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10974807/denver-broncos-tj-ward-appears-court-misdemeanor

BUT ...

Broncos safety T.J. Ward must perform four hours of community service by Oct. 31 for Denver city prosecutors to drop misdemeanor charges stemming from a May incident at a strip club.

Ward was in court Monday at 8:30 a.m. to accept the deal, said Melissa Drazen-Smith, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office. He had been charged with misdemeanor assault and disturbing the peace.

The deal was offered because Ward had no previous criminal record, she said.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26272617/bronco-t-j-ward-accepts-deal-may-assault

So he does four hours of community service, the charges are dropped, he has no prior record ... and this is worthy of a suspension?

GEM
09-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Charges dropped. Should be a non issue.

The incident was when he went to PT's Showclub (Strip Club) and was told he couldn't bring his own alcohol in, he got belligerent and threw a bottle at the bartender.

GEM
09-03-2015, 03:14 PM
After the Brady bullshit, I'd take any suspension to court.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 03:18 PM
After the Brady bullshit, I'd take any suspension to court.

Harvey Steinberg get ready to roll

Davii
09-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Take it to court! Smash your cell phone!

Dzone
09-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Maybe there is a video of him throwing a bottle at the bartender

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Safety T.J. Ward has been suspended one game for a violation of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy.

The NFL announced that safety T.J. Ward has been suspended for the first game of the 2015 regular season for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.

Ward's suspension is the result of misdemeanor charges from May of 2014 that were later dropped. He will be eligible to return to the active roster on Monday, Sept. 14 after the Broncos' season opener against the Ravens on Sunday, Sept. 13.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/TJ-Ward-suspended-one-game-for-NFL-conduct-policy-violation/285d7cbc-b9f2-4bfc-9021-e14b836c4007

GEM
09-03-2015, 03:26 PM
:lol: I got a lap dance at that club....as the dancer told my friends how well her kids were doing in school. Talk about some weird shit. :laugh:

Dzone
09-03-2015, 03:36 PM
So I guess we will see Bolden, Bruton, Roby in his spot

weazel
09-03-2015, 03:37 PM
if only TJ would have destroyed the club and denied everything :tsk:

Timmy!
09-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Da faq

TXBRONC
09-03-2015, 03:42 PM

Not Roby he's a corner.

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 03:42 PM
:lol: I got a lap dance at that club....as the dancer told my friends how well her kids were doing in school. Talk about some weird shit. :laugh:

Tell us more, Gem :lol:

Dzone
09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Not Roby he's a corner.
They are saying on the radio that he will be going over to safety for the first game in certain situations

TXBRONC
09-03-2015, 03:52 PM
They are saying on the radio that he will be going over to safety for the first game in certain situations

Oh thanks for the heads up.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 29m

NFL needs to restructure its entire player discipline policy. Lost all credibility. Need Judge Judy, who is under contract with CBS.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 34m

Commissioner can exact discipline via personal conduct code no matter if chargers are filed or dropped. This is what NFLPA is fighting.

Northman
09-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 29m

NFL needs to restructure its entire player discipline policy.

Thank you Capt. Obvious.

A lot of us have been saying this for years. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 04:24 PM
from article:

As part of his plea, Ward, who had no previous criminal record, had to complete his community service by Oct. 31, 2014.

The suspension comes as a surprise because of how long ago the incident happened and because the misdemeanor charges were dropped.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28752981/t-j-ward-suspended-1-game-violating-nfl-conduct-policy

weazel
09-03-2015, 04:27 PM
the timing of this is hilarious

wayninja
09-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Who handed out the suspension? If Goodell's name is on it, I'd suit up anyway.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 04:45 PM
On the day Tom Brady is freed from NFL's DeflateGate ruling, Roger Goodell strikes again.

AND

Odd timing

It's odd that the NFL would suspend Ward 15 months after the fact, less than two weeks before the season began. It's also odd that the news drops on the same day as the DeflateGate appeal ruling.

full article - http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/9/3/9257585/tj-ward-suspension-broncos-2015-personal-conduct

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Wow - obviously TJ did not know this 7 hrs ago

T.J. Ward ‏@BossWard43 7h

10 days and counting!

#Broncos #NFLKickoff2015 #bossup #wardboy #ssifam

wayninja
09-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Even if you discount the deflategate timing, going into the 4th preseason game for an issue that happened over a year ago is pretty messed up.

Tned
09-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Damn, sounds like she deserved it. Free Ward!

Which club?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 05:11 PM

Which club?

PTs

Dzone
09-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Oh thanks for the heads up.
Of course I dont know how accurate the guys are on 104.3 but we'll see if Roby plays any safety tonight in TJs spot

Dzone
09-03-2015, 05:13 PM
We should see if champ bailey wants to play some safety

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 34m

#Broncos' T.J. Ward will meet with media after the game.. He will not count against 53-man roster.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38m

Ward and Wolfe won't count against 53-man roster, clearing two spots for players to make team, even if only for a week in one case. #Broncos

wayninja
09-03-2015, 05:23 PM
I can't believe we are just taking this? Where is our injunction? WHERE IS OUR STAY?

#STRIPPERGATE

SR
09-03-2015, 05:23 PM

You won't see Roby.

GEM
09-03-2015, 05:54 PM

Which club?

PT's Showclub...down on Evans...5 blocks from the old bar I was managing. We'd go over there after we got out for drinks. :heh:

swaiy
09-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Bullshit. How ironic that after Brady is cleared, Ward is handed a suspension over something that happened a year and three months ago. Seriously? I don't want to sound like a hater... Actually yes I do. That chucklehead needs to resign.

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Wow - obviously TJ did not know this 7 hrs ago

T.J. Ward ‏@BossWard43 7h

10 days and counting!

#Broncos #NFLKickoff2015 #bossup #wardboy #ssifam

I saw on Twitter that the team knew for two weeks. I guess he appealed and it was denied today

wayninja
09-03-2015, 06:16 PM
I saw on Twitter that the team knew for two weeks. I guess he appealed and it was denied today

Yeah, but as we all know, the buck doesn't stop with the commish. Berman runs the NFL now.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Safety T.J. Ward released a statement regarding his one-game suspension for the Broncos' season opener.

Following news of the NFL suspending safety T.J. Ward for one game for a Personal Conduct Policy violation, Ward released the following comments on Thursday afternoon:

"I take full responsibility for the incident that occurred in May 2014 and am willing to accept the consequences of my actions by serving my one game suspension. Although I was never arrested and all charges against me were ultimately dismissed, I have no one to blame but myself for being in the predicament that evening. To the Denver Broncos organization, the Bowlen family and to the Denver Bronco fans, I want to apologize for my conduct. I have learned from my mistakes and will continue to be a pillar in the community to make myself a stronger person and player for the Denver Broncos."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Comments-from-TJ-Ward-regarding-his-one-game-suspension/087f4e57-738d-425c-be17-f9e52a2694a5

VonDoom
09-03-2015, 06:59 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Comments-from-TJ-Ward-regarding-his-one-game-suspension/087f4e57-738d-425c-be17-f9e52a2694a5

Taking full responsibility for your actions and apologizing - imagine that. Sounds like a classy guy, if you ask me.

Tned
09-03-2015, 07:02 PM

Good response from Ward.

Davii
09-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Wow. You mean some football players act like men when they do something wrong? ******* amazing.

tomjonesrocks
09-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Eats $400k+ in the process. That's an expensive mug.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Mike Klis on the pregame show a little while ago said that he talked with a lawyer about this, and the lawyer said that when TJ accepted community work, which dismissed the charges, the NFL viewed this as admission of guilt, and left TJ open for a suspension.

SOOOOOO, TJ completed the youth community work in Oct. 2014 - If the NFL felt this warranted a one game suspension, WHY did they not do it last season???????

Denver Native (Carol)
09-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 4m

Asked a couple Broncos players about the TJ Ward suspension. Lot of eye-rolling. Can't believe it took 16 months.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h

Vic Lombardi retweeted Denver Broncos

Being accountable for one's actions. Novel. #uggs

Vic Lombardi added,
Denver Broncos @Broncos
#Broncos safety T.J. Ward comments on his one-game suspension: http://dbron.co/7kw

SR
09-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Taking full responsibility for your actions and apologizing - imagine that. Sounds like a classy guy, if you ask me.

Sounds the same as every other athlete that does something wrong. Run of the mill crap.

Davii
09-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Sounds the same as every other athlete that does something wrong. Run of the mill crap.

I think we're all referencing Brady.

GEM
09-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Rod Mackey from Channel 9 was interviewing TJ Ward after the game about suspension and asked if he would take it any further than the failed appeal, TJ's response....well, I'll try, but my last name's not Brady so I'll probably just be sitting game 1. Wow...good for him calling that out.

MOtorboat
09-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Wow. You mean some football players act like men when they do something wrong? ******* amazing.

The lesson Berman sent to the NFL today is that you shouldn't act like a man. You should deny everything, cover up your wrongdoing and sue the league.

Sue the league TJ.

Dapper Dan
09-04-2015, 01:23 AM
He shouldn't have done it and should be punished. Considering what else will get you a 1 game suspension, I think 1 game is a little much. I think a fine would have been adequate. Maybe $20k or something. The charges were only dropped because he did some community service, not because he didn't do anything wrong. I still think we will be okay with just 1 game. He will be more fresh for the season and 1 guy will get experience.

CrazyHorse
09-04-2015, 02:24 AM
Ward and Wolfe need to appeal their suspensions.

MOtorboat
09-04-2015, 02:35 AM
Ward and Wolfe need to appeal their suspensions.

No, they both lost appeals.

They need to sue.

Dzone
09-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Chris carter says what a dumbass he should have blamed it on someone else

Dzone
09-04-2015, 08:13 AM
You won't see Roby.
Youre probably right. Hopefully we wont need him there. I think john lynch also mentioned him being the #3 safety

Dapper Dan
09-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Chris carter says what a dumbass he should have blamed it on someone else

True. The equipment manager was there. He got drunk and threw it. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 10:00 AM
DENVER -- Denver Broncos safety T.J. Ward was notified Thursday he will be suspended for the regular-season opener against the Baltimore Ravens for a violation of the NFL’s personal conduct policy that occurred almost 16 months ago.

And that didn’t sit well with Ward.

“I feel it's really unfair,’’ Ward said following the Broncos’ 22-20 loss to the Arizona Cardinals in the preseason finale. “I'm getting punished for being accused of doing something, not doing something but being accused and I've got to pay the consequences for it. And I just don't feel the whole process is very fair.’’

Asked why it took so long for the league to make a decision, Ward said, “Maybe they were busy with Tom Brady and that federal hearing.

“It was some communication error with the initial notice of the (potential) suspension and that’s why I had to do an appeal so late,’’ Ward said. “The appeal was a couple of weeks ago and they just let me know (Thursday).’’

“I was very shocked when I first heard there may be a suspension because the incident happened a year ago. I've played a full season and now it's the following season. So I was very shocked.’’

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/14700/broncos-t-j-ward-on-1-game-suspension-i-feel-its-really-unfair

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Denver Broncos safety T.J. Ward can’t play Week 1, but Tom Brady can — a stark change from 24 hours ago.

Brady, of course, had his four game suspension for DeflateGate overturned today by a judge while Ward got hit with a one game suspension out of left field for an incident that happened 16 months ago and had all charges dropped.

This reeks of something suspicious. Did the NFL suspend Ward just to flex its muscles after the very embarrassing events of this morning? Maybe.

As one Denver radio host just said to me, “T.J. Ward is the dog who just got kicked because a guy is mad at his wife.”

rest - http://milehighsports.com/2015/09/03/is-broncos-safety-t-j-ward-a-scapegoat-for-the-nfl/

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 01:40 PM
OK, let me get this straight: In the NFL, it's a big no-no to throw a tantrum in a strip club, but no problem if a star quarterback throws a deflated football in the AFC championship game. And that's why Broncos safety T.J. Ward will be suspended for the season opener, but Tom Brady was issued a get-out-of-jail-free card to play on national television for New England.

Hey, don't ask me to explain it. This is the messed-up football world that commissioner Roger Goodell created. Blame him.

Brady skates and another Bronco gets busted.

"My last name's not Brady," said Ward, explaining why he's the player who will be forced to sit out a game.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_28755919/broncos-safety-t-j-ward-victim-latest-nfl

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 01:57 PM
PTs

My heart will be shattered into a million pieces if I find out you've been there.

TXBRONC
09-04-2015, 02:00 PM
PT's Showclub...down on Evans...5 blocks from the old bar I was managing. We'd go over there after we got out for drinks. :heh:

So are lap dances included with drinks?

GEM
09-04-2015, 02:33 PM
So are lap dances included with drinks?

No, way extra. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 03:05 PM
My heart will be shattered into a million pieces if I find out you've been there.

No worries about your heart, it is safe - I read the article - lol

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2015, 07:35 PM
http://nesn.com/2015/09/t-j-wards-reason-for-being-suspended-my-last-names-not-brady/

Well, isn't this special. They have picked up on this in Boston :rolleyes:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-05-2015, 11:14 AM
http://nesn.com/2015/09/t-j-wards-reason-for-being-suspended-my-last-names-not-brady/

Well, isn't this special. They have picked up on this in Boston :rolleyes:

It was actually just an informative article. They didn't slant the article negatively towards Ward, if anything its a shot at Goodell.