PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning on Trevor Siemian and his former coaches with Arizona

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Peyton Manning thinks that rookie quarterback Trevor Siemian has improved since he got to Denver in May. The seventh-round pick will be expected to play during the second half against the Cardinals on Thursday.

Manning told KOA’s Dave Logan that although the rookie has put up some impressive numbers, he still has a couple of off-the-field things to improve on.

“Trevor has had a really good camp. He’s a bright guy; he’s improved. He wasn’t healthy when he got here because he was coming off a knee injury. So he wasn’t able to do a lot in his first month, but as he got healthy and was able to get out on the field and get the reps it really paid dividends for him. He got more comfortable and just played well throughout camp.

rest, plus video -
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-on-Trevor-Siemian-and-his-former-coaches-with-Arizona/04729f6a-cfe0-4b68-ae60-631b3c49ec60

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

Manning showed deadpan humor.Asked if he followed Jeff Saturdays' lead by losing weight, "Well, i didn't lose 50 pounds of fat on my face"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m

Manning has said all summer that he's not considering this his final year. Obviously a lot will depend on his health at season's end

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

Manning said on ESPN he certainly hopes to play next season: "I am really enjoying myself.. I feel good and feel I can help and contirbute."

tomjonesrocks
09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m Manning showed deadpan humor.Asked if he followed Jeff Saturdays' lead by losing weight, "Well, i didn't lose 50 pounds of fat on my face" Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m Manning has said all summer that he's not considering this his final year. Obviously a lot will depend on his health at season's end Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m Manning said on ESPN he certainly hopes to play next season: "I am really enjoying myself.. I feel good and feel I can help and contirbute."

That's encouraging. IMO of course.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2015, 04:24 PM
50 pounds of face fat. ...that's comic gold.

BroncoJoe
09-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Jesus. Just retire after this year, please.

BroncoWave
09-02-2015, 04:29 PM

I mean, from Manning's perspective playing another year means another 16-20 million dollar payday coming his way, so if he's still healthy and wants to play he'd be pretty silly to walk away from that.

Having said that, I would also like to get onto the Osweiler era next year, but I wouldn't fault Peyton if he came back.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-02-2015, 04:32 PM
If Peyton does want to come back next year, I hope OZ will be happy with a new contract offer the Broncos give him, as it might not be as much as it would be if Peyton were gone. Also Von - he definitely deserves to get paid well.

SR
09-02-2015, 07:01 PM

Mods maybe you can help me here.

Did MO hack Joe's account?

TXBRONC
09-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Siemian has a very good arm and he's looked sharp in every outing but obviously still only been against 3rd and 4th stingers.