PDA

View Full Version : A Trip Down Memory Lane (2007 season)

McKeough
09-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Hey all...

Used to be quite active on the forums, have been on a bit of a hiatus the last couple seasons. Glad to see some familiar faces as I read through some posts today.

I recently moved into my new house, and while unpacking, found some items that gave me a bit of nostalgia. I thought I would share in case anyone else found it interesting as we move into this season.

This is from my first Broncos game in 2007, week 3 vs. the Jaguars (unfortunately, we lost).

From the roster, to the coaches, to the cups featuring John Lynch, Champ Bailey, Al Wilson et all, and the D. Williams and D. Nash tribute.

It brought back some memories for me and I hope it will do the same for you.

http://imgur.com/a/5gvxV

Go Broncos!

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Welcome back. That's some awesome stuff. Unfortunately, that's one season I didn't get to remember too well. I was in Ft Lee Virginia for AIT training at the time. I finished up November 1, so I missed a good chunk of the season. I was lucky enough to go to my first game the year before, November 2006. It was in Cleveland and we won 17-7. I was only 17 at the time.

Shazam!
09-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Another lost season.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Another lost season.

I guess I see it different. I love watching the team play. Yeah, I get frustrated when they lose, but at least they're there. It gives me an escape. They're always there and they always will be. Not many things in life are that certain. Plus, this poster was able to see their first game that season. I doubt they see it as a lost season.

Dzone
09-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Awesome! Good memories
Todd Saeurbrun ..Now theres a blast from the past...

Bronco4ever
09-02-2015, 07:44 PM
I went to the Chiefs game in Denver that season. Broncos crushed the Chiefs. Brandon Marshall scored a couple touchdowns and threw snow up in the air. He got flagged but it was awesome!

Bronco4ever
09-02-2015, 07:47 PM

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Welcome back. That's some awesome stuff. Unfortunately, that's one season I didn't get to remember too well. I was in Ft Lee Virginia for AIT training at the time. I finished up November 1, so I missed a good chunk of the season. I was lucky enough to go to my first game the year before, November 2006. It was in Cleveland and we won 17-7. I was only 17 at the time.

What was your MOS?

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 09:37 PM
What was your MOS?

92G. So I spent 9 weeks learning to cook. Then I got to my unit and was sent to reclass school for 92Y supply. Still got my $20k signing bonus for joining as a cook.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2015, 09:54 PM
92G. So I spent 9 weeks learning to cook. Then I got to my unit and was sent to reclass school for 92Y supply. Still got my $20k signing bonus for joining as a cook.

Back in the day it was 94 Bravo. I was one too.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Back in the day it was 94 Bravo. I was one too.

That's awesome. I only cooked at drill one time. When I moved to Arizona, I found a cook slot. We stayed out in the field south of Phoenix. Well, in Kentucky we call it "the field". Arizona doesn't really have fields. We cooked on the MKT. Worst. Drill. Ever. I can deal with no showers all weekend, but not after being covered in sand and sweating my balls off all day. Then freezing at night. I'm glad I only did that once. I moved back to Kentucky and got back in my supply section.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-02-2015, 10:12 PM
That's awesome. I only cooked at drill one time. When I moved to Arizona, I found a cook slot. We stayed out in the field south of Phoenix. Well, in Kentucky we call it "the field". Arizona doesn't really have fields. We cooked on the MKT. Worst. Drill. Ever. I can deal with no showers all weekend, but not after being covered in sand and sweating my balls off all day. Then freezing at night. I'm glad I only did that once. I moved back to Kentucky and got back in my supply section.

The only cooking I did in the field were T rations. Those things were freakin awful. I'd rather eat mre's.

Dapper Dan
09-02-2015, 10:24 PM
The only cooking I did in the field were T rations. Those things were freakin awful. I'd rather eat mre's.

The field cooks I dealt with were pretty great. They weren't appreciated, but they always got their groceries from the store. No C-Rations (I think we called them). I guess it's just a thing to bitch about military food, no matter how well the cooks do. Some guys probably watched MASH too much.

FanInAZ
09-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Another lost season.

Could've been worse, we started off 3-5 thanks to us stealing the 1st 2 games against the Bills & Raiders. We should've been 1-7 by mid-season, 5-11 by season's end.